Review of Grove

San Francisco, California 94123, United States

14 reviews with 1 star

sheak3
7/31/19

Do not EVER order from this company... I ALWAYS order and make sure you do a ONE time and they are sending stuff every month and taking money out of my account and there's no phone number to contact them NOR and email address!
You would think that the list that comes in all these boxes would have a contact number but they are thieves and don't know want you to contact them!!
So disappointed!!
I only ordered because of the "Jenkins" lady and her humor was thinking because she was advertising for them it was legit... WRONG!!!
CROOKS!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS SCAM!!
You will receive a package every month or maybe more often than that!!!
And it’s just whatever they want to sent and they don’t care that you might not be able to afford this SCAM!!!

anne65
7/30/19

Grove Collaborative's advertising practices are dishonest, unethical, and misleading. Not only is the quality of their branded stock very low, you are led into believing you are making a one-time purchase when you are not only being subscribed to monthly purchases, but also opted-in to their "free for 60 days" VIP membership program. I made a single purchase on June 26, 2019 in the amount of $24.29. I received an order shipment notification on July 30 for a charge of $70.20, for a shipment containing products I do not want or need.

In addition, the "cancel VIP trial" option is hidden behind several searches and links, not accessible from the account management pages. This is dishonest UX (user experience) design at its worst.

lindak446
7/1/19

I made multiple attempts to reach about site issues and received NO response. I have given up with this seller.

christies55
7/1/19

Auto order happens monthly and random things get added to my cart each time. I have to go in and clear my cart then shop from scratch. June's order sent and I got $100 worth of stuff I do not need. I reached out to my "sponser" the day it sent to try to adjust it and never got a response back. I'm HIGHLY dissatisfied!

daves582
3/24/19

Charging above what I agreed. Wanted to try the product by decided to avoid since I was being lied to.

elizabethh403
3/21/19

I was actually excited to try this as I've been moving towards adding more sustainable products to what I buy. I received a coupon from Hello Fresh and decided to give it a shot. I love delivery services and subscriptions because I live in the middle of nowhere and it saves me time and driving even if it's a tad more expensive. But when I finalized my cart and chose pay through PayPal, the notification pops up that I paid $30 more than what I signed up for! When I went back to website and went to order history the order was completely different. Free items were not the same, and a bunch of items were added. I'm glad I chose PayPal because after reading other reviews it sounds like I'll have more luck canceling the subscription with them than the company.

maryp496
3/10/19

First time on website (and last) and I had added two items to my cart (one "free") for a total of $36.95. After I checked out with PayPal, I find the the order went through without being able to review and I was charged double the amount. I logged back into the site to find that multiple items were added to my order without my knowledge or consent. I sent email requesting to cancel the order and also filed a dispute with PayPal. What a scam!! I highly advise anyone and everyone to avoid them!! What a complete waste of time! I really hope that they issue the credit within a day or two. I have a bad temper when it comes to becoming a victim of deceitful business tactics and won't tolerate it from anyone.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

kath30
3/3/19

I have contacted Grove three times in the past three months via email to cancel. They have not honored this requestand have continued to ship things I neither want nor ordered and bill them to my credit card. I shop almost exclusively on line and I have never seen anything like this.

laurenj81
2/21/19

I placed a 23$ order to qualify for the Ms Meyers gift set (spend 20$ and get free gifts). After I went through checkout with the 23$ subtotal, I checked my email to find that the items my cart had been completely changed, and I was charged 50.86. Even after totaling up all the (UNWANTED) items in the order, I was overcharged by 4.13.

My attempts to contact Grove yielded no results and I received the box of random items 2 days later. I was missing parts of my "free gifts" as well.

All in all: DO NOT shop with Grove Collaborative. Going to the grocery store would have been much less of a hassle.

kellyk244
2/6/19

I liked the service at first, but if you aren't careful to go back and uncheck items from a list of past orders they automatically want to send you again, you end up paying for a box of stuff you didn't want. When I communicated with customer service that I wanted to cancel my membership and unsubscribe, they said it was taken care of. Today a grove box showed up full of products I don't want and didn't order. I contact customer service, they acted a though it was my mistake (I still have the communications proving otherwise) and then after condescending to me, concludes with, 'just turn everything, no worries. ' grrr. Now I'm hauling their stuff back to the post office, adding another errand. No apology, nada. Never again.

sarahd311
12/21/18

Can't tell you how frustrating it is to have your credit card keep getting charged. I have over 10 emails with company and still getting charged. I have to go through PayPal to file a claim now. Super shady . Company lies . Still hasn't refunded me over $80.

lisag550
12/9/18

First order was shipped to wrong address, no product resent and no cc refund, lol, after six emails, 4 texts, two phone calls. Still nothing. But, my cc was charged for a SECOND shipment two days ago, a week after I canceled my subscription. So two charges and not one product received. Will call one more time tomorrow, if no credit, will file wrongful charge with my cc company. Losers.

aimeer12
12/11/17

Numerous shipping problems, receipt of emails saying items were being shipped that didn't come, and then disappeared from cart; have been charged for a preorder of items that never arrived, and have not been refunded. A great idea, but terrible excecution, unfortunately,

pamb84
11/28/17

Run dont walk away from this company. I cancelled the membership before auto renew for myself, my mother & daughter. I deleted everything from our online carts and also deleted our credit card info from their site. I did this due to so many issues I went through dealing with our orders. They made one account inactive but have since hand entered the credit card info I deleted from their site in order to charge 2 of us with membershii fees. They also have charged anorder to my mothers account. Seems to me that it should be illegal to hand enter CCs that were deleted. This company is not worth dealing with no matter how good their products are! Im trying to decide whether to contact a lawyer as I cant get past the fact that they hand entered a CC that was deleted off their site.

Grove Collaborative is a legit company. We are a certified B Corporation and can be located in their online directory.

By Grove C., Grove Representative

Grove can be reached by phone Monday-Friday from 6:00AM-5:00PM PST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375). We also accept texts and emails 24/7, at 650-667-7418 and community@grove.co.

By Grove C., Grove Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Grove staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Grove