Review of Grove

Grove reviews

San Francisco, California 94123, United States

kimberlym578
12/4/19
Grove is the best! Love it!
Great customer service. Great products. Timely shipping. Can't go wrong!
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you so much for the support, Kimberly!

It is great to hear that you have been enjoying all of the Grove services!

We are always available to help answer any account questions or provide product recommendations if you need them :)

kamileo1
11/27/19
When I made my first purchase with grove I absolutely loved. However, after a month I received items items that I never bought and I was charged for that. I sent them and email and they gave me the money back. However, in the subsequent month I was charged AGAIN ($64) for items that I never bought.
Do not trust Grove. They take your credit card number and charge you for things you never bought.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Grove, Kamile. We are sorry that your journey with Grove Collaborative has been anything other than positive and that you received another unwanted shipment.

This is not the experience that we want our customers to have. Grove Collaborative provides home and personal care products for eco-conscious homes on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default, but there is no requirement to order monthly and every order is completely customizable. We want to be sure that we have taken care of this unwanted shipment for you and make updates to your account to prevent additional unwanted shipments from occurring. We created Grove with maximum flexibility in mind because we want Grove to work for you. Please be sure to reach out to us at support@grove.co so that we can assist.

ronp218
11/24/19
I did a one time purchase and they keep charging me $19.99 for a monthly fee. Do not purchase from Grove. When they get your credit card number they keep charging it. Please dispute the charges with your credit card company. When they get a large number of disputes they are no longer able to use credit cards.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
We appreciate your feedback, Ron.

Grove provides home and personal care products for eco-conscious homes on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default, but there is no requirement to order every month. We apologize if this was unclear when you first signed up with us.

Additionally, when you first ordered, you enrolled in a Free 60 Day VIP Trial after which it renews for $19.99 for a year of VIP. This program includes free shipping, four full-sized gifts, early access to special promotions, and a lower order minimum. You'll receive an email from us a few days before your VIP renews so you can cancel if you would like.

You can still shop with us without recurring shipments or having a VIP membership.

Again, we are so sorry if our two programs were unclear when you first ordered. Please reach out to us at support@grove.co and we would be happy to help you get your account set up as you wish.

dough221
11/15/19
CAUTION. Very deceptive business practices. Difficult to cancel. Difficult to get returns/refunds. HAVE you ever NOT been cheated by a firm that uses (relies on) deceptive business practices. MY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with Grove: I entered my cc and it put me back to the order screen but changed what was in the cart. I looked at order history and saw it was blank. I went back to the cart and placed the order. Now my order history shows 2 orders and WORSE - I had to find in subscriptions (a completely separate page) that now I had a VIP membership to be charged on my credit card. I immediately contacted support via Chat (about the only way to talk to someone). They would NOT cancel the orders. NOPE - no chance of that depsite the orders being placed less than 5 minutes previously. They did email me one shipping label. When the boxes came I realized that I needed another shipping label so I went back to their CHAT box for support. I was sent another label - to a different location. I sent a chat back that the return addresses were different. Alas... I have to do other things - like work - instead of chat back and forth with a firm that has neverending excuses, incompetence and BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
We are so sorry for this negative experience, Doug.

We understand that taking the time out of your day to connect with your Grove Guide to remedy this is not ideal. Additionally, we regret that we have inconvenienced you further by requesting that you return the packages to us to one of our warehouse locations. We apologize that you received unwanted orders from Grove Collaborative and that your first experience with us was anything other than pleasant.

If there is anything else we can do for you, we would love to offer you a solution. Please reach out to us at via phone call Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375), or by live chat or email us at support@grove.co and we will gladly assist.

annaa185
11/14/19
I made a one-time order. Then I was subscribed for a bunch of products and got a membership trial which you need to pay at some point. They did all this without asking me. I just received an e-mail about my next shipment being prepared. I was able
To unsibscribe and cancel membership. We'll see if that worked
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Grove, Anna.

We apologize that the conditions of your Grove account weren't made clear when you elected to place your first order. We can understand how frustrating this must be. We would love the opportunity to further assist if you have any questions or would like verification that your requested changes were applied to your account.

Please reach out to us at support@grove.co, through live chat or via phone Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375).

karrens5
11/10/19
I tried Grove Collaborative because I wanted to try some more eco friendly options. They automatically sign you up for subscriptions and autospiments that will go out monthly.

I have tried to edit the shipments before they are sent, but it never works. They ship what they want even after I edit my orders.

Then they signed my up for a VIP membership free trial that I could not cancel. After the free trial the membership costs $19.99 a year. The site claims it can be canceled at any time. But if I navigate to a web page that even hints at cancelling the membership or auto shipments I get redirected to their login page.

The webpages about how to cancel autoshipments, modify your account, or cancel subscriptions ate bogus. The only menu option you are provided to manage your account is "Log Out".

Stay way from this company. I haven't seen a product on their site that can't be purchased somewhere else.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for this helpful feedback, Karren.

We apologize that you had some unwanted orders process and can understand how frustrating this must be. We would love to assist you in returning any unwanted items.

You can have a Grove account without monthly recurring orders or a VIP Membership, which will allow you the maximum flexibility to shop only when you wish to order products. There is no charge to have a Grove account and we would love to help you to adjust your product subscriptions and account to suit the needs of you and your household.

ginas175
11/5/19
I really loved their whole idea! I placed a order along with my introductory free gift. My order showed up, the intro free gift did not. When I talked with CS they said there was a glitch in the system, the intro gift did not ship. If I wanted the intro gift I would have to place a new order. They offered to give me a $30 credit towards a new order and intro gift. Their issue & they wouldn't honor their mistake. Buyer beware, I think they suck you in with the free intro gift and won't hold up to this. Definitely, much better companies out there! Stay away!! :(
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience, Gina.

We apologize that your first order was missing an item. This certainly is not the experience we wish for our customers to have and are sad to hear that this was your first impression of Grove Collaborative. We follow rigorous B Corp guidelines to lessen the impact on the earth by shipping small boxes with fewer items, whenever possible. We are always happy to accommodate and are sorry to hear that this wasn't offered to you when you replied with dissatisfaction.

Please reach out to us at support@grove.co so that we can have the opportunity to get your missing item out to you. We can also be reached via live chat and by phone Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375). Thank you for calling this to our attention. We would love to make this right.

jilln11
10/26/19
They will keep billing you with no options to cancel. Even when you remove every item from your basket and e-mail and attempt to contact, they will keep billing... I had to block them on paypal to make it stop.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
We are sorry that this is the experience you had, Jill.

New accounts are automatically established as an ongoing monthly order. We have designed this service to add convenience in gathering the items you need for personal care and also for your household. We apologize if this wasn't convenient for you and if this service wasn't made clear at the onset of your account. We certainly don't want for you to be receiving anything you don't want or need.

Please reach out to us at support@grove.co, so that we can adjust your account settings to suit your needs and assist in making any returns you would like We can also be reached at Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375) or via live chat. We are always happy to help, and again are sorry that your experience with Grove was anything other than pleasant.

dumbs1
10/24/19
Many products they offer are not actually very environmentally friendly or safe, just marketed as such.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
We appreciate your quest for finding safe products for your body and for your home.

We offer a wide range of options on our site for people who are more environmentally conscious and want 100% all-natural products and those that are just trying to make more responsible choices in their homes. Each brand and product on the site lists what it does and does not include and we openly list all ingredients on the site. We focus on choosing brands that share our commitment to making products that are good for your family and for the planet.

If you would like some guidance in choosing the products that will be the best fit for you, please reach out to us at support@grove.co and we will be happy to assist.

concernedc44
10/21/19
They send me numerous emails offering free product and then decide I don't qualify. Why send me the offers then? FALSE Advertisement....stop SPAMMING ME then!
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for providing your feedback.

We apologize for this frustrating experience. There is a required $20 paid minimum on all first orders to redeem your free welcome bundle. We are so that this wasn't made clear. We will be sure to pass your experience along to our Marketing team for consideration.
If you need assistance opting out of our email list, please be sure to reach out to us at support@grove.co.

dariaa6
10/4/19
Each month I look forward to receiving my Grove products. The cleaning and home products lift my spirits. At first, I didn't think I needed the products and they seemed more like little luxury items to me. But I have been using them so much that I've run out and reordered. I even see my husband grabbing the bottle of cleaning spray sometimes. When I've had problems, the Team at Grove solve the problem immediately and take care of me like they truly care about me. I am so grateful to have found Grove, because I discovered their tree-free bamboo toilet paper and paper towels and haven't gone back to regular paper products since then. What else can I say about this wonderful company? Lots, but I probably don't have room here to write it all, and it's a company you just have to discover for yourself.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for these fabulous accolades, Daria!

We love that the whole family is involved in making your home sparkling clean with eco-conscious products. Thanks to our amazing customers like you purchasing Seedling by Grove's paperless products, we have participated in planting over 115,000 trees through the Arbor Day Foundation. Thank you for choosing Grove Collaborative for your home. We appreciate you!

connieb229
10/1/19
I have been enjoying Grove for several months. I have tried many of the products, some I have loved, others not so much. They have many products that I love! The shipments are timely. If anything doesn't work i.e. pump, they send a replacement, no need to return the bad one. I love the scented products, and doubly love that they don't contain harsh chemicals. I highly reccommend Grove to all my friends and family!
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review, Connie!

We love that you are continuing to try new eco-conscious products with your monthly recurring orders! We really appreciate that you are sharing your Grove love with your friends and family! If you have any questions about how our referral program works, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@grove.co!

angelal267
9/26/19
My introductory order went off without a hitch. My second, and very last order, is still in the wind. I placed my 2nd order on 9/2 and today is 9/26. I still don't have it. I have gotten two entirely different stories from Customer Service (who are super sweet, BTW). First was "we're so busy and we will get it to you as soon as we can" and the second one was "oh, I'm sorry you didn't receive it, we will re-ship it to you". So now, I have gotten two or three emails telling me my order has shipped but the delivery date keeps getting pushed out. It first showed today, then tomorrow, and now it's 3 days out. I give up.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you so much for this review, Angela.

We are so sorry to hear about the trouble you were having with your shipment. We want to make sure that everything has been taken care of. If you don't mind reaching out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co, we'd love to have a chance to make this right.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

lindak475
9/16/19
Do not give them your information. You cannot cancel the subscription. I sent 5 emails, spoke to a rep, took all items out of my cart, cancelled all subscriptions and they continue to take money out of my paypal account. I cant change my payment method on the website. I'm sorry, but I dont want to deal with a dishonest company. I'd rather pay more and do business with an ethical company. I can get this stuff online at whole foods for cheaper. It has taken hours of my time to fight them screwing me and I am too busy to have to constantly wathc an unethical entity try to steal my hard earned money.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for the feedback, Linda.

Grove Collaborative provides home and personal care products for eco-conscious homes on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default. Grove offers two separate programs: a VIP Membership and recurring shipments that can be used exclusively or combined to get the most out of Grove. We understand that every household has unique needs, which is why there is no requirement to order every month, and everything about your Grove account is customizable. You can always change the date of your next shipment, and edit the products in your cart and subscriptions.

We are so sorry to hear that you've had difficulties updating your account. Please reach out to us at support@grove.co if you are still in need of assistance updating your account and we would be happy to help assist and make this right.

barbaram676
9/1/19
My daughter and I volunteered for an animal rescue. We raise bottle baby kittens. I feel that cleaning with grove products are safer for these tiny babies.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for this wonderful feedback, Barbara.

We love that you and your daughter are doing your part to make the world a better place. We know that you have options and really appreciate that you choose Grove to supply your cleaning needs.

laurab904
8/5/19
Safe for the environment and sustainable products, with the convenience of shipping to my home, and I save money. Sign me up!
AND ALL THESE PEOPLE giving them a 1-STAR RATING, complaining that Grove SNUCK IN ANOTHER ORDER THE NEXT MONTH' are pretty dumb!
You sign up for a 3 month VIP membership, and it tells you that your orders will ship the same date each month, so IF YOU DON'T REMIND YOURSELF TO GO IN AND CHECK BEFORE NEXT MONTH SHIP'S OUT, Grove will assume you'll want the same stuff as the previous month AND they'll send products they think you'll like, or that are really popular with other customers, who have ordered similar items you've ordered. AND GROVE SENDS YOU AN EMAIL TO LET YOU KNOW YOUR NEXT ORDER IS ABOUT TO SHIP, as a reminder, so you can log in check your cart.
THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. They warn you about this when you sign up! There's no fine print' dumb dumbs.
I gave them my $19.99 after 3 months because I LOVE THE PRODUCTS, I LOVE THE CONVENIENCE, and I LOVE EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS COMPANY!
All I need to do is check-in once a month to make sure they send me what I need and don't send me what I don't!
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for the great feedback, Laura!

We are thrilled to hear that you've been enjoying Grove and the convenience of recurring shipments and having your orders shipped right to your home. It is great that you have been able to make these monthly shipments work for your household so that you can be a conscientious shopper! We're glad to have you as a part of our Grove Community!

Please reach out to us if you have any questions or are looking for any product recommendations!

Have a wonderful day,
sheak3
7/31/19
Do not EVER order from this company... I ALWAYS order and make sure you do a ONE time and they are sending stuff every month and taking money out of my account and there's no phone number to contact them NOR and email address!
You would think that the list that comes in all these boxes would have a contact number but they are thieves and don't know want you to contact them!!
So disappointed!!
I only ordered because of the "Jenkins" lady and her humor was thinking because she was advertising for them it was legit... WRONG!!!
CROOKS!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS SCAM!!
You will receive a package every month or maybe more often than that!!!
And it’s just whatever they want to sent and they don’t care that you might not be able to afford this SCAM!!!

Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
We appreciate you taking the time to leave this thoughtful review, Shea.

We completely understand your frustration and are saddened to see that you haven't enjoyed your time with us. Grove Collaborative provides home and personal care products for eco-conscious homes on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default, but we understand that every household has unique needs and apologize if this was not a service you were expecting.

If you have any concerns, or additional feedback you would like to pass on, please reach out to us at support@grove.co. You can also reach us by phone as well. We are available by phone Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375). If you don't mind giving us a call then, we'd love to help. We're also available via email or live chat to help with anything you may need!

anne65
7/30/19
Grove Collaborative's advertising practices are dishonest, unethical, and misleading. Not only is the quality of their branded stock very low, you are led into believing you are making a one-time purchase when you are not only being subscribed to monthly purchases, but also opted-in to their "free for 60 days" VIP membership program. I made a single purchase on June 26, 2019 in the amount of $24.29. I received an order shipment notification on July 30 for a charge of $70.20, for a shipment containing products I do not want or need.

In addition, the "cancel VIP trial" option is hidden behind several searches and links, not accessible from the account management pages. This is dishonest UX (user experience) design at its worst.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
We apologize for this frustration, Ann, and appreciate that you took the time to offer this feedback.

We are so sorry that your experience with Grove has been anything other than pleasant and that you experienced unwanted charges. Grove Collaborative provides home and personal care products for eco-conscious homes on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default and we apologize if this wasn't a service you were expecting. We understand your frustration and always appreciate our customer's feedback on how to improve and have passed this along to our team.

Please reach out to us at support@grove.co if you need any additional help in adjusting your account settings to suit your needs.

lindak446
7/1/19
I made multiple attempts to reach about site issues and received NO response. I have given up with this seller.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for this thoughtful response, Linda.

We are so sorry to hear about the troubles you were having with the site. That is certainly not the experience we wanted for you to have. It looks like you were having some issues using our app for the site, as there have been a few updates since then, those errors should be fixed. We are so saddened to see that we didn't give you the help you needed and that it impacted your time with us.

The site also works well when using a computer, or if you ever decide to return to shop with us, it can be helpful to chat with one of our Grove Guides, they are great at troubleshooting issues that may arise.

christies55
7/1/19
Auto order happens monthly and random things get added to my cart each time. I have to go in and clear my cart then shop from scratch. June's order sent and I got $100 worth of stuff I do not need. I reached out to my "sponser" the day it sent to try to adjust it and never got a response back. I'm HIGHLY dissatisfied!
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you for the feedback, Christie.

We are so sorry to hear that you received a recurring shipment that you weren't expecting. Grove Collaborative provides home and personal care products on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default, but we understand that every household has unique needs. This is why there is no requirement to order every month, and everything about your Grove account is customizable. You can always change the date of your next shipment, and edit the products in your cart and subscriptions. You are also able to set up your account so you can order with us on an as-needed basis, without recurring shipments.

Additionally, we apologize that you never received a response to your inquiry. Please reach out to us at support@grove.co and we would be happy to help ensure this gets taken care of for you.

Have a great day,
kathyl326
6/17/19
I accidentally ordered the wrong vitamins. Grove credited my account and didn't request that I return my wrong order. Response was timely and professional. Highly recommend company.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you so much for the support, Kathy!

We are so happy to hear that we could get those wrong vitamins taken care of for you! we hope you are enjoying all your Grove items. If there is anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Lastly, thank you so much for being a part of our community, we are so happy to have you!

janec136
6/6/19
I signed up for Grove because I saw a special offer that if I bought $35 worth of products I could get some others free. I placed my first order and carefully read all the screens when checking out for more catches. I saw nothing indicating any sort of subscription. I was shocked and annoyed when my first order of $35 was followed up by a second order of $55 with products I did not want, and or excessive duplicates. Does anyone actually want monthly lip balm and why are they sending replacement re-usable spray bottles?? I went online and thought I had cancelled the subscription only to be again shocked a month later with ANOTHER box in which they'd re-added most of the items I unsubscribed to, in order to make it again $50.
Good part: When I called customer service they were very pleasant about about cancelling for me and putting up with my yelling and refunded my unwanted delivery. Will be checking the card statement to make sure it was cancelled for sure. Be sure to call if you have issues!
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Jane, we apologize for the unwanted orders.

We strive to always hit the mark on providing wonderful products with the added convenience of your items being shipped right to your door on a monthly recurring basis. It makes us sad to hear that we have missed the mark with defaulting to these monthly recurring orders, resulting in unexpected charges. This must have been very frustrating to deal with. We are happy to hear that we were able to make this right for you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@grove.co if you have any additional needs.

sandrag432
6/6/19
Love all the products I get from Grove. Favorites are the Lavender Oatmeal Soap-leaves skin moisterized and no itching. Mango Ginger laundry detergent and softener-smells great w its light scent and again no itching. Always searching for natural products.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you so much for your review, Sandra!

We are so happy to hear that you have been enjoying your Grove goodies! That's great that the lavender oatmeal soap and mango-ginger laundry detergent are new favorites.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you're looking for any product recommendations!

juliah211
6/3/19
Great products at good prices and conveniently shipped to me at home. I'm not a fan of shopping for these kinds of things, so I really love it.
Response from Grove C., Grove Representative
Thank you so much for your review, Julia!

We are so happy that you are thrilled with the services that we offer.
Please let us know if there is anything that we can help you with.

amandag244
6/3/19
Very professional and speedy product delivery. Extremely satisfied with the service offered.
Excellent customer service and individualized contact.

Grove Collaborative is a legit company. We are a certified B Corporation and can be located in their online directory.

By Grove C., Grove Representative

Grove can be reached by phone Monday-Friday from 6:00AM-5:00PM PST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375). We also accept texts and emails 24/7, at 650-667-7418 and community@grove.co.

By Grove C., Grove Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Grove staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Grove