Grove

Grove has a consumer rating of 3.34 stars from 96 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Grove also ranks 1st among Cleaning Products sites.

• I enjoy getting different scents for my cleaning supplies.
  • Great products at good prices and conveniently shipped to me at home.

• I placed a 23$ order to qualify for the Ms Meyers gift set (spend 20$ and get free gifts).
  • Can't tell you how frustrating it is to have your credit card keep getting charged.
How would you rate Grove?

“Excellent in every way!”

Laura B.
8/5/19

Safe for the environment and sustainable products, with the convenience of shipping to my home, and I save money. Sign me up! AND ALL THESE PEOPLE giving them a 1-STAR RATING, complaining that Grove SNUCK IN ANOTHER ORDER THE NEXT MONTH' are pretty dumb! You sign up for a 3 month VIP membership, and it tells you that your orders will ship the same date each month, so IF YOU DON'T REMIND YOURSELF TO GO IN AND CHECK BEFORE NEXT MONTH SHIP'S OUT, Grove will assume you'll want the same stuff as the previous month AND they'll send products they think you'll like, or that are really popular with other customers, who have ordered similar items you've ordered. AND GROVE SENDS YOU AN EMAIL TO LET YOU KNOW YOUR NEXT ORDER IS ABOUT TO SHIP, as a reminder, so you can log in check your cart. THIS ISN'T ROCKET SCIENCE. They warn you about this when you sign up! There's no fine print' dumb dumbs. I gave them my $19.99 after 3 months because I LOVE THE PRODUCTS, I LOVE THE CONVENIENCE, and I LOVE EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THIS COMPANY! All I need to do is check-in once a month to make sure they send me what I need and don't send me what I don't!

“CAUTION. Very deceptive business practices.”

Doug H.
11/15/19

CAUTION. Very deceptive business practices. Difficult to cancel. Difficult to get returns/refunds. HAVE you ever NOT been cheated by a firm that uses (relies on) deceptive business practices. MY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with Grove: I entered my cc and it put me back to the order screen but changed what was in the cart. I looked at order history and saw it was blank. I went back to the cart and placed the order. Now my order history shows 2 orders and WORSE - I had to find in subscriptions (a completely separate page) that now I had a VIP membership to be charged on my credit card. I immediately contacted support via Chat (about the only way to talk to someone). They would NOT cancel the orders. NOPE - no chance of that depsite the orders being placed less than 5 minutes previously. They did email me one shipping label. When the boxes came I realized that I needed another shipping label so I went back to their CHAT box for support. I was sent another label - to a different location. I sent a chat back that the return addresses were different. Alas... I have to do other things - like work - instead of chat back and forth with a firm that has neverending excuses, incompetence and BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES.

order (41) credit card (12) customer service (9) vip membership (7) paper towels (4) cleaning supplies (3) great products (8) paper products (4)
elvas11
February 16th, 2020
Shady company. I ordered one shipment from them and then they took it upon themselves to a) sign me up for autoship without my permission and b) sign me up for this VIP membership that I never wanted or agreed to.

After they sent me an email announcing the autoship (that I never agreed to), I sent multiple emails saying I didn't order it and didn't want it but... no impact. Shipment arrived at my house and they charged my credit card.

Interestingly, there's no way to return the box on their site AND no way to cancel this "VIP membership" that I never signed up for on their website.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for your review, Elva. We greatly apologize for any confusion, but we are happy to explain this further!

When signing up for a new account as well as the checkout page, we express that all new Grove accounts receive recurring shipments as well as being signed up for the VIP membership. You receive reminder emails to alert you to your upcoming order 7 days before your shipment ships out and then again a day before each order is scheduled to process in our warehouse. This gives you time to review each order before it ships out to you.

We know that every household is unique, and every month may seem too much. Not a problem! By going into your cart and changing the date of your next shipment, you have full control over when you receive your products.

We have a great return policy! Please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co so we can take care of that for you right away.

amandaj266
January 28th, 2020
Like many other complaints, I was also one that ordered from Grove, unsubscribed from the auto ship, the next month I received another order. I took other steps and again, another shipment arrived. Calling didn't work so I had to remove my credit card information from the site just to make it stop. I started receiving emails stating that my payment didn't go through. This has happened to a few other people I know. I'm writing this review because I've stated to see more and more advertisements and want to far warn of this shady practice and scam.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for your review, Amanda.

We greatly apologize for the trouble you've had with your account. We do not want our service to be a frustrating process and we apologize for the hassle this has caused.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co so we can make sure this is resolved and you won't be charged for any future orders.

carlak60
January 1st, 2020
Promised free $30 Mrs. Meyers kit with first order. Kit was in my basket when I checked out but not in confirmation email received after completing checkout. Contacted Customer Service; they responded with $20 credit on my next order. Not interested in any future orders, so I requested that they send me the kit. No response. DM'd via FB requesting order and subscription cancellation; no response after 4 hours. Instituted dispute with PayPal.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
We are so sorry about the trouble, Carla.

We are so saddened to hear about the difficulty you had. After looking into this we can see where the issue came from.

The offer you ended up claiming required that you opt in to our recurring shipments and a free VIP Membership Trial to receive your free gifts. It looks like only the recurring shipments were opted into, which explains why those items weren't included. We can confirm that the credit is still on your account and that as you requested, your account has been changed so you can now shop without recurring shipments.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to us at support@grove.co.

christ483
January 29th, 2020
Grove.co is a total scam. They lure you in with a great first offering and then make it impossible to cancel afterwards. This company is like a timeshare for cleaning products.....Buyers Beware!
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for the review, Chris.

We are so sorry to hear that Grove was not right for your household. We understand that every home is different and has different needs.

We apologize for the difficulties you've had while trying to cancel your services with us. This is not the experience we want our customers to have and we completely understand your frustration.

If this has not been resolved for you yet, please reach out to us at support@grove.co and we would be happy to assist.

seleciaa
December 19th, 2019
I ordered their service for my daughter as a gift and luckily I had it mailed to me. When I received it, the box was empty, just packaging paper and a welcome card. Not sure what type of game they are running, but I will not ever order or recommend them. Thought that it would be okay because I see the brands in store.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for your feedback, Selecia.

We are saddened to hear that your Grove order arrived as an empty box! That is unusual and not up to our Grove standards. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this must've caused.

Please reach out to us at reviewsupport@grove.co and we would be happy to help sort this out and get you the items you ordered.

ginas175
November 5th, 2019
I really loved their whole idea! I placed a order along with my introductory free gift. My order showed up, the intro free gift did not. When I talked with CS they said there was a glitch in the system, the intro gift did not ship. If I wanted the intro gift I would have to place a new order. They offered to give me a $30 credit towards a new order and intro gift. Their issue & they wouldn't honor their mistake. Buyer beware, I think they suck you in with the free intro gift and won't hold up to this. Definitely, much better companies out there! Stay away!! :(
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for sharing your experience, Gina.

We apologize that your first order was missing an item. This certainly is not the experience we wish for our customers to have and are sad to hear that this was your first impression of Grove Collaborative. We follow rigorous B Corp guidelines to lessen the impact on the earth by shipping small boxes with fewer items, whenever possible. We are always happy to accommodate and are sorry to hear that this wasn't offered to you when you replied with dissatisfaction.

Please reach out to us at support@grove.co so that we can have the opportunity to get your missing item out to you. We can also be reached via live chat and by phone Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375). Thank you for calling this to our attention. We would love to make this right.

ronp218
November 24th, 2019
I did a one time purchase and they keep charging me $19.99 for a monthly fee. Do not purchase from Grove. When they get your credit card number they keep charging it. Please dispute the charges with your credit card company. When they get a large number of disputes they are no longer able to use credit cards.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
We appreciate your feedback, Ron.

Grove provides home and personal care products for eco-conscious homes on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default, but there is no requirement to order every month. We apologize if this was unclear when you first signed up with us.

Additionally, when you first ordered, you enrolled in a Free 60 Day VIP Trial after which it renews for $19.99 for a year of VIP. This program includes free shipping, four full-sized gifts, early access to special promotions, and a lower order minimum. You'll receive an email from us a few days before your VIP renews so you can cancel if you would like.

You can still shop with us without recurring shipments or having a VIP membership.

Again, we are so sorry if our two programs were unclear when you first ordered. Please reach out to us at support@grove.co and we would be happy to help you get your account set up as you wish.

dumbs1
October 24th, 2019
Many products they offer are not actually very environmentally friendly or safe, just marketed as such.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
We appreciate your quest for finding safe products for your body and for your home.

We offer a wide range of options on our site for people who are more environmentally conscious and want 100% all-natural products and those that are just trying to make more responsible choices in their homes. Each brand and product on the site lists what it does and does not include and we openly list all ingredients on the site. We focus on choosing brands that share our commitment to making products that are good for your family and for the planet.

If you would like some guidance in choosing the products that will be the best fit for you, please reach out to us at support@grove.co and we will be happy to assist.

jilln11
October 26th, 2019
They will keep billing you with no options to cancel. Even when you remove every item from your basket and e-mail and attempt to contact, they will keep billing... I had to block them on paypal to make it stop.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
We are sorry that this is the experience you had, Jill.

New accounts are automatically established as an ongoing monthly order. We have designed this service to add convenience in gathering the items you need for personal care and also for your household. We apologize if this wasn't convenient for you and if this service wasn't made clear at the onset of your account. We certainly don't want for you to be receiving anything you don't want or need.

Please reach out to us at support@grove.co, so that we can adjust your account settings to suit your needs and assist in making any returns you would like We can also be reached at Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375) or via live chat. We are always happy to help, and again are sorry that your experience with Grove was anything other than pleasant.

karenl1663
February 1st, 2020
Verified purchase
Feeling very good about the treeless paper towels and toilet paper! Packed in cardboard boxes! The refillable cleaning products that keep me from having to buy endless plastic bottles..... very happy!!
Grove C. – Grove Rep
We're so thrilled you're loving the new Seedling products, Karen!

It's product suggestions from our wonderful community members that give us the ability to provide the best products for our families and our planet.

Thank you for choosing Grove for your home!

annaa185
November 14th, 2019
I made a one-time order. Then I was subscribed for a bunch of products and got a membership trial which you need to pay at some point. They did all this without asking me. I just received an e-mail about my next shipment being prepared. I was able
To unsibscribe and cancel membership. We'll see if that worked
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Grove, Anna.

Grove Collaborative provides home and personal care products for eco-conscious homes on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default, but there is no requirement to order monthly and every order is completely customizable.

We apologize that the conditions of your Grove account weren't made clear when you elected to place your first order. We can understand how frustrating this must be. We would love the opportunity to further assist if you have any questions or would like verification that your requested changes were applied to your account.

Please reach out to us at support@grove.co, through live chat or via phone Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375).

concernedc44
October 21st, 2019
They send me numerous emails offering free product and then decide I don't qualify. Why send me the offers then? FALSE Advertisement....stop SPAMMING ME then!
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for providing your feedback.

We apologize for this frustrating experience. There is a required $20 paid minimum on all first orders to redeem your free welcome bundle. We are so that this wasn't made clear. We will be sure to pass your experience along to our Marketing team for consideration.
If you need assistance opting out of our email list, please be sure to reach out to us at support@grove.co.

kimberlym578
December 4th, 2019
Verified purchase
Grove is the best! Love it!
Great customer service. Great products. Timely shipping. Can't go wrong!
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you so much for the support, Kimberly!

It is great to hear that you have been enjoying all of the Grove services!

We are always available to help answer any account questions or provide product recommendations if you need them :)

traceys151
June 1st, 2019
When I bought the first box and received it I was very happy.. then I realize they somehow snuck automatic payments in and they get more and more every shipment. They make it hard to cancel the subscription that I dont think I was informed I was even signing up for.. can't get ahold of a real person
ryanv47
Ryan V.
Hi Tracey,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear about the frustration!

Just to clarify, Grove is a customizable auto-replenishment service. I would be happy to look into this further, and ensure you get a refund for anything you did not intend to order! Please reach out at reviewsupport@grove.co and we can get any loose ends tied up for you!

Ryan
sheak3
July 31st, 2019
Do not EVER order from this company... I ALWAYS order and make sure you do a ONE time and they are sending stuff every month and taking money out of my account and there's no phone number to contact them NOR and email address!
You would think that the list that comes in all these boxes would have a contact number but they are thieves and don't know want you to contact them!!
So disappointed!!
I only ordered because of the "Jenkins" lady and her humor was thinking because she was advertising for them it was legit... WRONG!!!
CROOKS!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT GET CAUGHT UP IN THIS SCAM!!
You will receive a package every month or maybe more often than that!!!
And it’s just whatever they want to sent and they don’t care that you might not be able to afford this SCAM!!!

Grove C. – Grove Rep
We appreciate you taking the time to leave this thoughtful review, Shea.

We completely understand your frustration and are saddened to see that you haven't enjoyed your time with us. Grove Collaborative provides home and personal care products for eco-conscious homes on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default, but we understand that every household has unique needs and apologize if this was not a service you were expecting.

If you have any concerns, or additional feedback you would like to pass on, please reach out to us at support@grove.co. You can also reach us by phone as well. We are available by phone Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM EST at 1-844-GROVE75 (1-844-476-8375). If you don't mind giving us a call then, we'd love to help. We're also available via email or live chat to help with anything you may need!

connieb229
October 1st, 2019
Verified purchase
I have been enjoying Grove for several months. I have tried many of the products, some I have loved, others not so much. They have many products that I love! The shipments are timely. If anything doesn't work i.e. pump, they send a replacement, no need to return the bad one. I love the scented products, and doubly love that they don't contain harsh chemicals. I highly reccommend Grove to all my friends and family!
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review, Connie!

We love that you are continuing to try new eco-conscious products with your monthly recurring orders! We really appreciate that you are sharing your Grove love with your friends and family! If you have any questions about how our referral program works, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@grove.co!

lindak446
July 1st, 2019
Verified purchase
I made multiple attempts to reach about site issues and received NO response. I have given up with this seller.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for this thoughtful response, Linda.

We are so sorry to hear about the troubles you were having with the site. That is certainly not the experience we wanted for you to have. It looks like you were having some issues using our app for the site, as there have been a few updates since then, those errors should be fixed. We are so saddened to see that we didn't give you the help you needed and that it impacted your time with us.

The site also works well when using a computer, or if you ever decide to return to shop with us, it can be helpful to chat with one of our Grove Guides, they are great at troubleshooting issues that may arise.

christies55
July 1st, 2019
Verified purchase
Auto order happens monthly and random things get added to my cart each time. I have to go in and clear my cart then shop from scratch. June's order sent and I got $100 worth of stuff I do not need. I reached out to my "sponser" the day it sent to try to adjust it and never got a response back. I'm HIGHLY dissatisfied!
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for the feedback, Christie.

We are so sorry to hear that you received a recurring shipment that you weren't expecting. Grove Collaborative provides home and personal care products on a monthly recurring shipment schedule by default, but we understand that every household has unique needs. This is why there is no requirement to order every month, and everything about your Grove account is customizable. You can always change the date of your next shipment, and edit the products in your cart and subscriptions. You are also able to set up your account so you can order with us on an as-needed basis, without recurring shipments.

Additionally, we apologize that you never received a response to your inquiry. Please reach out to us at support@grove.co and we would be happy to help ensure this gets taken care of for you.

Have a great day,
elizabeths562
May 3rd, 2019
Verified purchase
I'm disappointed that when making a new order I have to clear last month's order from the cart. On other sites once the order is shipped, the cart is cleared. Saves me time and no mistakes of receiving what I already ordered.
barbaram676
September 1st, 2019
Verified purchase
My daughter and I volunteered for an animal rescue. We raise bottle baby kittens. I feel that cleaning with grove products are safer for these tiny babies.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you for this wonderful feedback, Barbara.

We love that you and your daughter are doing your part to make the world a better place. We know that you have options and really appreciate that you choose Grove to supply your cleaning needs.

sandrag432
June 6th, 2019
Verified purchase
Love all the products I get from Grove. Favorites are the Lavender Oatmeal Soap-leaves skin moisterized and no itching. Mango Ginger laundry detergent and softener-smells great w its light scent and again no itching. Always searching for natural products.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you so much for your review, Sandra!

We are so happy to hear that you have been enjoying your Grove goodies! That's great that the lavender oatmeal soap and mango-ginger laundry detergent are new favorites.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you're looking for any product recommendations!

juliah211
June 3rd, 2019
Verified purchase
Great products at good prices and conveniently shipped to me at home. I'm not a fan of shopping for these kinds of things, so I really love it.
Grove C. – Grove Rep
Thank you so much for your review, Julia!

We are so happy that you are thrilled with the services that we offer.
Please let us know if there is anything that we can help you with.

susanw517
April 11th, 2019
Verified purchase
These are high quality products. But I don't use much of them at a time. Especially the concentrates. So they last too long to order on a regular basis. But I was able to cancel the autoship program.
amandag244
June 3rd, 2019
Verified purchase
Very professional and speedy product delivery. Extremely satisfied with the service offered.
Excellent customer service and individualized contact.
alb139
March 5th, 2019
Well, I love the products from this company. I will no longer purchase any from their website. I was scheduled to receive a monthly subscription that was not delivered. I communicated with the company and learned I had to update my credit card information. I am still trying to figure out why would I have to update unchanged credit card information? I'll buy their products in-store, but no longer on their website.

Grove Collaborative is a legit company. We are a certified B Corporation and can be located in their online directory.

By Grove C.,