Review of Grove

Grove reviews

San Francisco, California 94123, United States

laurenj81
2/21/19

I placed a 23$ order to qualify for the Ms Meyers gift set (spend 20$ and get free gifts). After I went through checkout with the 23$ subtotal, I checked my email to find that the items my cart had been completely changed, and I was charged 50.86. Even after totaling up all the (UNWANTED) items in the order, I was overcharged by 4.13.

My attempts to contact Grove yielded no results and I received the box of random items 2 days later. I was missing parts of my "free gifts" as well.

All in all: DO NOT shop with Grove Collaborative. Going to the grocery store would have been much less of a hassle.

roseannz
2/21/19

I came upon Grove.co probably on an online ad. They have a wide choice of more environmentally safe products for cleaning. So I ordered a bunch of products. However, right at the end of my order, I noticed that auto-shipping of my order would occur. If there is one thing I HATE, IT IS AUTO SHIPPING THAT I DO NOT WANT!!
Auto shipping has cost me so much money, time, and grief in the past that I carefully read EVERYTHING before buying.
However, I have to say that when I contacted Customer Service after noticing the auto shipping component, she immediately helped me in cancelling the future shipments.
Therefore, I was happy with this company.
On the other hand, Customer Service did tell me that the company runs on regular shipments of products. So know that in advance.

kellyk244
2/6/19

I liked the service at first, but if you aren't careful to go back and uncheck items from a list of past orders they automatically want to send you again, you end up paying for a box of stuff you didn't want. When I communicated with customer service that I wanted to cancel my membership and unsubscribe, they said it was taken care of. Today a grove box showed up full of products I don't want and didn't order. I contact customer service, they acted a though it was my mistake (I still have the communications proving otherwise) and then after condescending to me, concludes with, 'just turn everything, no worries. ' grrr. Now I'm hauling their stuff back to the post office, adding another errand. No apology, nada. Never again.

sarahd311
12/21/18

Can't tell you how frustrating it is to have your credit card keep getting charged. I have over 10 emails with company and still getting charged. I have to go through PayPal to file a claim now. Super shady . Company lies . Still hasn't refunded me over $80.

heatherw38
12/10/18

Their products are unique, all natural and well made. So far I've ordered:
-European paper towels=reusable mini towel squares (pop in dishwasher to wash them) Love these!
-Grove Co. glass and all purpose concentrates=affordable, smell great, all natural
*Meyers laundry soap=I kid you not, this stuff cleans better than Tide and Persil! My skin doesn't itch or twitch after using this, like it used to
*Bobble Soap Brush and dispenser=awesome scrubber with perfect size brush and trendy design
*Glass spray bottles x2= perfect size, wel designed, superb for the concentrates

lisag550
12/9/18

First order was shipped to wrong address, no product resent and no cc refund, lol, after six emails, 4 texts, two phone calls. Still nothing. But, my cc was charged for a SECOND shipment two days ago, a week after I canceled my subscription. So two charges and not one product received. Will call one more time tomorrow, if no credit, will file wrongful charge with my cc company. Losers.

suzyk5
10/26/18

I started dealing with ePantry in December of 2014. So I was a pretty loyal customer. The folks you dealt with if you had problems were real people and very customer- service oriented. When they switched to Grove and promised that "only the name changed" they started really going downhill. Prices started to climb. One product was renamed as being better but the ingredient list was identical (if I recall it was a facial cream that first helped with fine lines and THEN was relabelled to help with firming - but the ingredients were exact).

The straw that broke the camel's back for me was the review process. I started noticing that *only* my good reviews were being published. Negative reviews were listed as "pending" for months. When I contacted them, it took at least 6 tries to get a solid answer. And now you are dealing with zendesk and not the original (great) owners. When I finally pressed harder, I was told that they "do not submit reviews if they have similar content to other reviews." So they are good with only 5 good reviews instead of 10? I highly doubt that. I then suggested that they were compromising their site by doing this and especially the integrity of the reviews. They didn't seem to care. I was told that one of my reviews was "rejected because of our strict product review guidelines and the reviewer felt as though there was not enough detailed content in the review. We look for rich content that will help customers make the right decision when purchasing products on our site."

I no longer have the faith in their products. Furthermore, I went to sites (e.g. Amazon) to compare reviews and Amazon would have (what I felt was) a truer mix of reviews and not just the glowing ones.

I have cancelled my monthly membership and will not go back. If you know exactly what you want and aren't the kind of person to try new things, then order your 7th Gen dishwasher soap from them. But when they try to lure you to a new product, be afraid. Be very afraid. My bottom line is: go elsewhere.

lisaa222
3/11/18

I was surprised that there were no reviews for Grove Collaborative - I have been receiving quality products at good prices for awhile now. There site is well run, very intuitive, and I have had no problems with shipments. They contact you when your next order is to be shipped - great communication. I have never had to contact customer service. It's a well oiled machine! Love the walnut sponges, natural bathroom & kitchen cleaners, and they have an amazing coconut lavender hand lotion you can't get anywhere else!

grovec
1/11/18

Grove.co really carries great products. However, the prices are almost always higher than Amazon or Target. Also, the site often has a lot of strange issues--for the last month, none of the images on the desktop site load. It's quite bizarre.

aimeer12
12/11/17

Numerous shipping problems, receipt of emails saying items were being shipped that didn't come, and then disappeared from cart; have been charged for a preorder of items that never arrived, and have not been refunded. A great idea, but terrible excecution, unfortunately,

pamb84
11/28/17

Run dont walk away from this company. I cancelled the membership before auto renew for myself, my mother & daughter. I deleted everything from our online carts and also deleted our credit card info from their site. I did this due to so many issues I went through dealing with our orders. They made one account inactive but have since hand entered the credit card info I deleted from their site in order to charge 2 of us with membershii fees. They also have charged anorder to my mothers account. Seems to me that it should be illegal to hand enter CCs that were deleted. This company is not worth dealing with no matter how good their products are! Im trying to decide whether to contact a lawyer as I cant get past the fact that they hand entered a CC that was deleted off their site.

ashlier2
10/9/17

I've been using Grove Collaborative for several months now. I love the design of the website and I love the products they sell. Whenever I get a shipment, I actually WANT to do housecleaning! That said, part of the VIP Membership is having an autoship order. Autoship is super flexible and you can change it, delay it or pause it at any time. But if you are a forgetful type, just keep an eye on your autoship date and the order items because otherwise you may get shipments you didn't expect or didn't want. Great company, great products, just pay attention to autoship to make sure you only get what you want when you want it!

Questions? Get answers from the Grove staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Grove