Review of Goggles4u

Cerritos, CA 90703, US
info@goggles4u.com

sa215
5/2/19

I have bought many pairs of glasses from Goggles4u and was very satisfied till recently. All aspects of their service including shipping was very good. Although the glasses ordered are still reasonably priced and quality is good, but their shipping service has gone down considerably. Expect at least a month for glasses to be delivered which is twice long than what it used to take.

sheilams
8/20/18

It was awesome. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. I did not expect this kind of service from an online shopping chat, but this was awesome ! If I could I would do most all of my shopping this way and with this exact kind of people and customer service. Thank you so much!

prestonw19
6/11/18

I generally wear contacts, but want glasses to wear at night, to relax and watch tv or if my allergies are acting up bad enough to affect my eyes. You still have to have a prescription, but I just get that in addition to eye checkup. So, starting at like five bucks, you can get a pair of prescription glasses (plus a few dollars shipping). Under 10 bucks for a spare set of glasses - nice!

mateog4
2/24/18

I don't wear glasses often, so I didn't need to spend over $150 to get glasses at my eye doctor. I just put in my subscription, searched a style I liked, and even used their online picture with glasses feature to see how they looked. Would for sure order again.

mikem532
7/24/17

I've ordered several pairs of glasses over several years. The results are mixed. One pair was good, one OK, one or two really not working. My main area of dissatisfaction is ordering progressive lenses...those are the multi focal glasses without bifocal lines. Distance viewing is typically very good; reading books or smartphone though, is a double vision experience. For those technically minded, the near-vision inter-pupillary distance is wrong, and it cannot be specified. Also they no longer offer the high refractive Index plastic. Another issue is obvious, namely, you don't know if the frame looks good or is comfortable until your glasses arrive. On the plus side, their prices are good and delivery is quick. Use them if you have a simple prescription.

leonardod17
5/9/17

Had an issue when entering my prescription, received 2 pairs of glasses with an incorrect prescription. Their staff was so fast and helpful in sending me the right prescription glasses. Both of my pairs of glasses feel lightweight and durable, i have absolutely 0 complaints and only praise to speak about this company.

I've seen a couple of complaints about spam, overcharging, or abuse from this company but I've only experienced the opposite. When fixing my issue, they sent me a second set of glasses (i now have 4 pairs(i will be donating the first 2 that were a mistake on my part)) since they didn't even require me to send back the first 2 before they expedited the correct glasses to me. Amazing in my opinion.

diannag8
12/7/16

Live chats on website, if a pair doesn't fit, you just let someone know via live chat. From there you'll be able to get a free pair of glasses shipped to your door, with a charge of $0.00 to your card. Yeah free. Better than Zenni.com, that place is terrible, in every way!

paulm329
8/25/16

I have purchased several pairs of glasses recently from these Folks---& I am happy to reccomend them to you.
I ordered the wrong size on one purchase, & they replaced them for FREE!! Are you kidding me?!
MY mistake---and THEY made good---
I felt guilty & HAPPY!
I am happy to reccomend these folks for their great merchandise, and excellent customer service!

ginac25
10/29/15

well if you have patients you can get a good pair of glassses for the money. they are better at live chat then if you call them the glasses are older models but what do you want for 10 or 12.00 dollars the lenses are good but their website is hard to work with and can get you really frusted but other than that not bad for back up glasses :)

Tip for consumers: just be patient and get your measurments from a real eye glass place

mickg8
8/9/15

Be careful and be prepared to waste money when you buy from these guys, treat it like a crapshoot. I made 4 separate orders over a few weeks, each order arrived with either clearly defective lenses, lenses that made me dizzy (but unable to prove the fault, unless I had a laser measurement) or warped lenses due to being put on too tightly by lazy optical staff. This was a nightmare, tried to get some refunded or replaced and spent close to 1 hour with online chat going around in circles, gave up and cut my losses. The optical centre was way off, the vertical alignment was different on each lens - indicating that staff did not quality check the lenses or didn't really care.

If you have a laser measurement device that can verify what you receive from Goggles4u then you could complain, otherwise you're in for a heck of a time trying to explain that the glasses just don't feel right or make you dizzy.

Save your money and time and go with a more reputable online dispenser that can provide you with a laser measurement of the finished lenses, these guys are just low, low quality.

Also, they use CR39 plastic for the free lenses, which have great anti-reflective properties, but they use Apsheric shaped lenses, which are cheaply made and give you headaches. I'd recommend a shop that gives you more comfortable Spherical lenses.

If you ever decide to get tinting, you can't, repeat can't, get anti-reflective coating on the lenses, so they end up with so much glare they're impossible to use.

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else, seriously. I wasted $400 on this mob.

wadeh27
10/14/14

AVERAGE
Nothing exciting.
Had to contact customer service through their online live chat. That went well.
Prices are reasonable.
Quality of glasses was not what I expect for this price range. The lenses do not fit correctly in the frames and they can easily pop out without much effort. Lenses are so loose in the frames that they make a plastic-y squeek noise when I put them on. Looks like the lenses are rounded and the frames are flat. Weird. If they were not tinted for sunglasses, I would have returned them. But the tinting helps hide the poor quality appearance.

In general, they did not meet my expectations.

--> Inexpensive
--> Helpful customer service
--> Poor Quality

Tip for consumers: Check out the many other sites available for online glasses before you buy.
Shop around.

joem109
8/21/14

These guys are master spammers. Once they get your email they will flood your inbox with special offers just for you (and the entire world). There will be a link to unsubscribe, but it won't work unless you're using internet explorer. They don't offer any other way to get off their mailing list. You can complain online to them, but that only gets you automatic replies back with no solution. There are other online companies selling glasses that won't spam you so whatever you do - don't give these people your email address! (or if you want to really annoy a boss/coworker/neighbor - sign them up!).

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!

Hi Ken, This is Sam from Goggles4u Eyeglasses, we have 100% customer satisfaction return policy. To be specific, in case of any issue (any), you are eligible for an exchange / replacement or a full refund. You can review it on the link below: https://www.goggles4u.com/return-policy Best regards, -Sam Davis

By Sam D., Goggles4u Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Goggles4u staff and other customers.

Goggles4u?