FlyFar CA

FlyFar CA has a consumer rating of 2.89 stars from 308 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about FlyFar CA most frequently mention customer service, credit card and business days problems. FlyFar CA ranks 37th among Plane Tickets sites.

• Only thing that came up additional was $26 for seat selection and in the fine print, seat selection was not guaranteed.

• When I called the customer service to complain, they were rude and terrible in responding to any of my questions!
How would you rate FlyFar CA?

“Fabulous”

Janet L.
1/28/20

I had been watching fares for over a week, because I just need to travel round trip overnight for an appointment. It was disheartening to see the prices increasing. However, today I just went on Kayak and this fare on FlyFar (which I had never heard of) showed up at a decent price. I immediately put in my information, and the booking went through. The flights are on two separate airlines, but I already received confirmations from both of them. I am so relieved, so I will definitely use your services again.

“Do not use!”

G W.
3/13/20

Booked a flight, conference was cancelled due to coronavirus. Company shut their phones down and website offline. Airline cannot help with the issue. Absolutely absurd that there is no support available. None. Sat on hold for airline for 7 hours total already. Begging for help and still no further than before. Emailed Flyfar days ago and still no response, even though they said they'd respond in 2-3 business days. Poor service!

customer service (36) seat selection (19)
gw167
March 13th, 2020

giuliannam1
May 19th, 2020

I booked 5 tickets to go to Europe on June 5th 2020 through FlyFar around $2500. The airline cancelled our flight because of Covid pandemic. I have been trying to contact Flyfar many times. They will not respond any of my emails. They were unable to even find my ticket for some reason and hang up on me twice because they do not know what to say!
They are the worst company ever! An scam! I will never work with them again.

weil31
September 28th, 2020

DO NOT USE this website to book any ticket.
I was trying to get my refund when I receive cancellation by airline. I called them(flyfar) over 7 times, their answer always said: " we help you to send email already. Please wait for 3 days and call us back again. ".
And then flyfar will ask you to call airline " write down on your booking: refund is possible. "
All the rights are belong to travel agency. Isn't it? In additions, they hang up on me as well.

janetl328
January 28th, 2020

calebr44
August 10th, 2020

Booked a flight through Flyfar that was supposed to happen April 2020. The flight was cancelled by the airline and per the terms and conditions I am supposed to receive a full refund. The airline (Norweigan) refunded Flyfar over 6 weeks ago and I still have not received my refund from Flyfar. This company is a scam, every time I call they put me on a 2 hour hold, each time a person picks up the phone they say they need to transfer me to a different department and I have to wait again on a 2 hour hold. No refund at this time.

divyanit
March 15th, 2020

Very prompt. Took no time to book and get my e tickets. But i never got an option to choose my meal that was the only drawback.

giob7
December 30th, 2020

Dishonest... Scam
I also have not been refunded even though i received email conformation from airline company and flyfar that i would reimbursed. I urge all people to lodge a complaint with US dept of transportation. *
File a complaint. The Department of Transportation will forward your complaint to the airline and threaten "enforcement action" if they don't act soon.

jessa40
September 15th, 2020

I have been emailing them for weeks now to get my money back for 2 flights from Aug. No reply
I have read receipts on my emails and they are clicking on 'not read' and deleting them

Today i sent an email to the airline and CC Flyfar in. Telling the airline about the problem and Flyfar is profiting from the airlines during this time. I hope to get a reply in the next few days from Icelandair. Don't give up. Keep emailing them and CC the airline in so they know Flyfar is profiting from them

carminea4
January 29th, 2020

I had an issue with my payment, by mistake I had added the seat selection which didn't care about I checked my transaction and noticed the mistake.
I called immediately the girl answered right away and fixed the problem within 30 seconds. I was really grateful for her help and her kindness I will definitely book my flight with you again.

srdjanb
March 25th, 2020

Unfortunately, I have bought my airfare ticket through this agent!
Now, due to situation with COVID-19 I cannot get in contact with them. Last night I was waiting for 80 minutes and my battery was drained out. Today the same thing... I do not know how someone like this company has a permit to work as a Tourist Agency?
I cannot cancel my ticket through their web site. Total amateurism...
Never again!

erical155
December 11th, 2019

I booked my tickets and as the process continued, I also selected my seats as the site prompted me to. Low and behold, I was charged an extra $50 which was not made obvious at all! I was very annoyed by this and called customer service immediately. The supervisor was kind and refunded me the money for my seat selection without any fuss (should arrive in my account in 3 to 5 days). Thank you.

ahmadz29
June 6th, 2021
Verified purchase

They don't help you rebook denied flights and charge you obscene prices to do so, when I asked for a refund they said they don't do refunds. They hung up on me more than 3 times. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Tip for consumers:
They won't help you so don't bother calling them

Products used:
Flight

mw476
March 16th, 2021

This company is horrible! I booked a trip but due to Covid the country went into a lock down. I requested a refund and Fly Far refused! 99% of every other company in the world understands that the customer must cancel and issues a refund but not greedy ass Fly Fare. Stay Away! I will write this review as many places possible.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t do it. They will keep your money. Horrible customer service

Products used:
I got no refund even though the country is in lock down. Karma will catch these people working here.

chrisz81
January 28th, 2020

I had to change a flight back from Los Angeles, so my son quickly went online to find the cheapest flight he could for me. I was quoted over $1,000. For a one way flight to B. C. with United/Air Canada, which was who I was with originally. He found a $150.US flight with Alaska Airlines. I booked it. I quickly wondered if this was too good to be true so I checked their reviews and panicked when according to YELP they had a huge Warning sign that they were frauds. Long story short, I was pleasantly surprised, it was one the the best and easiest flights I had. Everything went perfectly. Also, I love Alaska Airlines, fabulous planes, and crew were great. I have lost faith in Air Canada, it used to be such a great airline, the space in the plane is tiny with little leg room. In addition the phone hold time was over 2 hours, only to find out I needed to call United. Thank you FlyFar. You saved me a lot of money, and thanks for the great service.

amandac984
November 23rd, 2020

Flyfar will tel you you have to wait to process your refund after a flight cancellation. These are lies. Dispute the charge with your credit card company ASAP. I have been waiting since July for a refund and I know the airline refunded Flyfar- over 90 business days later I still am out over $3k! Don't make the mistake that I did and wait- get your credit card company to fight them immediately!

lxz1
January 13th, 2020

FlyFar failed to send the customer the cancellation of flight booking until the customer called their office one day before departure. Upon the customer request, the customer service tried to make up a story. The incident has caused the customer an extra of over $2000 CAD on last-minute booking of the same flight. A legal action is in process to sue their unreliable and untrustworthy business practice!

tonyx104
October 15th, 2020

This is definitely a scammer, if you value your dollar, keep away from this booking agency.
I booked the ticket from Sydney to Cairns, but due to COVID-19, the flight company cancelled the flight, then flyfar refused to give me refund, after many calls and arguments, they said give me open ticket voucher. But after a few months, when i try to use this voucher, they keep hang out my calls when i call them again and again. Their customer service is horrible, very rude communication. They just embezzle my money at all. Keep away from them!

lynns433
March 21st, 2020

Scam. Dont buy their TRIP CANCELLATION. It only covers a portion. Also after you pay hundreds for it, if you use it, you have to pay an additional fee of $250 or more. Yep. Then you are almost out of pocket $600-1K just to cancel your trip and get a PARTIAL REFUND. Also if you want assistance with a Korean refund, you have to pay another fee. Save your life and dont book with these SCAMMERS! Everything you do is has a PENALTY FEE! NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!

lynned92
November 28th, 2020

Do not book with FlyFar. My daughter went to check in for her return flight, her tickets were canceled (flight does not appear to be.) When she called FlyFar, they said she needed to pay a cancellation fee and they would refund her money. She did not cancel her flight, it appears they never paid for it. They hung up on her when she wouldn't agree to pay the cancellation fee and would not start the refund process. Scam.

nadiaf24
June 24th, 2020

Called customer service waited on line for over one and a half hours and three times customer service? Agents hung up on us when we stated that we are inquiring about our refund that we are intitled as our flight was canceled due to COVID-19 and the fly far did get their refund from the airline but refusing to return our money back to us. fraud please do not deal with this company

mercedesm37
January 25th, 2020

FlyFare made my dream come true. Last minute decided to surprise my husband on his business trip and FlyFare found ticket price I was looking for to make it happen. Easy! I was on budget friendly flight 5 hours after purchase!

kelyp
May 17th, 2021

Flyfar is the worst travel agency that you can have. The people are not transparent, the employees are rude and they don't care about your complain. I lost a lot of money with them and don't recommend to anyone. They used the pandemic situation to use the refunds information to theirselves and not giving not even a cent back to you.

samuelg104
October 12th, 2019

Hello Courtney,
My experience is a little skewed because of not having flown in many years, but your agent (Jasmine) was rather helpful throughout the process of reservation confirmation. There was some confusion on my part in making selections that resulted in charges that I was unaware of. Jasmine helped me get through them and corrected the error. She was difficult to understand at times when communicating with me but I appreciated her patience as I asked questions. Overall, a good experience!

ellak41
March 14th, 2020

It was great to talk to the representative and having my issue resolved quickly and satisfactory. Very happy and grateful!

stevensonl2
August 7th, 2020

I called those people, it took 3+ hrs fo03r a rep to get to the phone. Then the gentleman placed me on hold for about 30 mns. My advise is DO NOT cancel your flight nor try to make changes. I lost my money. I tried explaining to the rep in regards to the covid-19, waste of time. Just stay away!

Hi there. Which email and numbers are you referring to that are not working? I can check into that for you as we've had no reported issues. Emails can take up to 48 hours for a response so please keep that in mind. If you are calling within North America the number to reach us at is 1-833-786-5832. If you are calling outside of North America, you can contact us at 1-858-877-5178. We also have a local number which is 1 (888) 775-1099. Our email address is sales@flyfar.ca. Cheers...

See more answers (2)

Hi there. There are no hidden seat selection fees. On our payment page it is clearly outlined that there will be (a) a "Seat Selection Fee" of $X. XX and (b) a "Total Seat Selection Price" of $X. XX which is the cost of our fees + the seat charges (if any). This is also clearly mentioned after your flight is booked. You can find this information directly under the seat selection area on our page as a summary under the "Seat Selection Overview". Best ~ Flyfar

See more answers (2)

Hi there, please send me your email address and telephone number and I will have someone reach out to you. ~ Courtney

By Courtney R.,

Hi Shoaib. I've sent your inquiry to our schedule change department. If there is a cancellation by the airline the airline is responsible for the reimbursement. We would need to wait for the money to be returned to us from the airline in order to send it to you. Nonetheless, I don't have the details of your file nor when the cancellation request was initiated so I will have someone contact you to clarify everything :) . Cheers.

By Courtney R.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the FlyFar CA staff and other customers.

Specializing in cheap flights and low cost airline tickets, FlyFar.ca is your source for flight deals. We offer domestic and international travel deals.

courtneyr71
Courtney R.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FlyFar CA?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.9
Have a question about FlyFar CA?