FlyFar CA

FlyFar CA has a consumer rating of 2.92 stars from 303 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about FlyFar CA most frequently mention customer service, credit card and business days problems. FlyFar CA ranks 40th among Plane Tickets sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 6.1%

• Only thing that came up additional was $26 for seat selection and in the fine print, seat selection was not guaranteed.

• When I called the customer service to complain, they were rude and terrible in responding to any of my questions!
How would you rate FlyFar CA?

“Fabulous”

Janet L.
1/28/20

I had been watching fares for over a week, because I just need to travel round trip overnight for an appointment. It was disheartening to see the prices increasing. However, today I just went on Kayak and this fare on FlyFar (which I had never heard of) showed up at a decent price. I immediately put in my information, and the booking went through. The flights are on two separate airlines, but I already received confirmations from both of them. I am so relieved, so I will definitely use your services again.

“Do not use!”

G W.
3/13/20

Booked a flight, conference was cancelled due to coronavirus. Company shut their phones down and website offline. Airline cannot help with the issue. Absolutely absurd that there is no support available. None. Sat on hold for airline for 7 hours total already. Begging for help and still no further than before. Emailed Flyfar days ago and still no response, even though they said they'd respond in 2-3 business days. Poor service!

customer service (36) seat selection (19)
gw167
March 13th, 2020

giuliannam1
May 19th, 2020

I booked 5 tickets to go to Europe on June 5th 2020 through FlyFar around $2500. The airline cancelled our flight because of Covid pandemic. I have been trying to contact Flyfar many times. They will not respond any of my emails. They were unable to even find my ticket for some reason and hang up on me twice because they do not know what to say!
They are the worst company ever! An scam! I will never work with them again.

weil31
September 28th, 2020

DO NOT USE this website to book any ticket.
I was trying to get my refund when I receive cancellation by airline. I called them(flyfar) over 7 times, their answer always said: " we help you to send email already. Please wait for 3 days and call us back again. ".
And then flyfar will ask you to call airline " write down on your booking: refund is possible. "
All the rights are belong to travel agency. Isn't it? In additions, they hang up on me as well.

calebr44
August 10th, 2020

Booked a flight through Flyfar that was supposed to happen April 2020. The flight was cancelled by the airline and per the terms and conditions I am supposed to receive a full refund. The airline (Norweigan) refunded Flyfar over 6 weeks ago and I still have not received my refund from Flyfar. This company is a scam, every time I call they put me on a 2 hour hold, each time a person picks up the phone they say they need to transfer me to a different department and I have to wait again on a 2 hour hold. No refund at this time.

giob7
December 30th, 2020

Dishonest... Scam
I also have not been refunded even though i received email conformation from airline company and flyfar that i would reimbursed. I urge all people to lodge a complaint with US dept of transportation. *
File a complaint. The Department of Transportation will forward your complaint to the airline and threaten "enforcement action" if they don't act soon.

rolano
April 20th, 2020

They're currently processing my refund now. Since the airlines suspended my flights due to Covid19, they informed me that they processing my full refund but it will take up to 90 business days. Take sometimes but at least I'm getting full refund.

jessa40
September 15th, 2020

I have been emailing them for weeks now to get my money back for 2 flights from Aug. No reply
I have read receipts on my emails and they are clicking on 'not read' and deleting them

Today i sent an email to the airline and CC Flyfar in. Telling the airline about the problem and Flyfar is profiting from the airlines during this time. I hope to get a reply in the next few days from Icelandair. Don't give up. Keep emailing them and CC the airline in so they know Flyfar is profiting from them

srdjanb
March 25th, 2020

Unfortunately, I have bought my airfare ticket through this agent!
Now, due to situation with COVID-19 I cannot get in contact with them. Last night I was waiting for 80 minutes and my battery was drained out. Today the same thing... I do not know how someone like this company has a permit to work as a Tourist Agency?
I cannot cancel my ticket through their web site. Total amateurism...
Never again!

chrisg667
December 10th, 2019

I didn't want to pay for selected seats. The question asked if we would like the airline to seat us together. I was seeing that as a courtesy as seating map was unavailable. Then I was charged 54.00 Extra. I felt cheated!

amandac984
November 23rd, 2020

Flyfar will tel you you have to wait to process your refund after a flight cancellation. These are lies. Dispute the charge with your credit card company ASAP. I have been waiting since July for a refund and I know the airline refunded Flyfar- over 90 business days later I still am out over $3k! Don't make the mistake that I did and wait- get your credit card company to fight them immediately!

lxz1
January 13th, 2020

FlyFar failed to send the customer the cancellation of flight booking until the customer called their office one day before departure. Upon the customer request, the customer service tried to make up a story. The incident has caused the customer an extra of over $2000 CAD on last-minute booking of the same flight. A legal action is in process to sue their unreliable and untrustworthy business practice!

tonyx104
October 15th, 2020

This is definitely a scammer, if you value your dollar, keep away from this booking agency.
I booked the ticket from Sydney to Cairns, but due to COVID-19, the flight company cancelled the flight, then flyfar refused to give me refund, after many calls and arguments, they said give me open ticket voucher. But after a few months, when i try to use this voucher, they keep hang out my calls when i call them again and again. Their customer service is horrible, very rude communication. They just embezzle my money at all. Keep away from them!

gowris1
September 9th, 2019

I was unnecessarily charged US $ 45 for clicking on an option "any seat". ($69 for the ticket and $45 for this "any seat" selection). When I called FlyFar customer support, I was told the airline (Frontier in this case) has charged that fee. But the confirmation email I got from Frontier said "no seat selection, seat will be assigned after check-in" and showed a fee of $69. This means that FlyFar has cheated me $45. I am demanding that they refund this amount ($45 that they have unnecessarily charged) to me right away.

lynns433
March 21st, 2020

Scam. Dont buy their TRIP CANCELLATION. It only covers a portion. Also after you pay hundreds for it, if you use it, you have to pay an additional fee of $250 or more. Yep. Then you are almost out of pocket $600-1K just to cancel your trip and get a PARTIAL REFUND. Also if you want assistance with a Korean refund, you have to pay another fee. Save your life and dont book with these SCAMMERS! Everything you do is has a PENALTY FEE! NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY!

lynned92
November 28th, 2020

Do not book with FlyFar. My daughter went to check in for her return flight, her tickets were canceled (flight does not appear to be.) When she called FlyFar, they said she needed to pay a cancellation fee and they would refund her money. She did not cancel her flight, it appears they never paid for it. They hung up on her when she wouldn't agree to pay the cancellation fee and would not start the refund process. Scam.

nadiaf24
June 24th, 2020

Called customer service waited on line for over one and a half hours and three times customer service? Agents hung up on us when we stated that we are inquiring about our refund that we are intitled as our flight was canceled due to COVID-19 and the fly far did get their refund from the airline but refusing to return our money back to us. fraud please do not deal with this company

stevensonl2
August 7th, 2020

I called those people, it took 3+ hrs fo03r a rep to get to the phone. Then the gentleman placed me on hold for about 30 mns. My advise is DO NOT cancel your flight nor try to make changes. I lost my money. I tried explaining to the rep in regards to the covid-19, waste of time. Just stay away!

jordanw151
June 1st, 2020

I brought a ticket and they send me some bogus email with no contact info saying it was canceled this needs to be addressed SCAM

jasonp751
July 11th, 2020

Do to covid-19 my wife and friends trip was canceled. It took over 2 months to get a refund and the for some reason kept 30 dollars. I still haven't received an answer on why I didn't receive a full refund. Dealing with this company was a joke. You had to send multiple emails just to get a reply to one. The customer service sucks. I know for damn sure I'll never use their services again. I would rather pay double then deal with company in the future. I wish I would of read all the other reviews first. Shame on me for that one. I hope this saves others from the same headache.

megane103
September 2nd, 2020

Due to changes in my flight times I have been trying for three days now to cancel my flight. I have been on hold for over six hours and am still not getting anywhere with these people. I have been transferred to Multiple individuals and all of them have agreed to help and then just place me on hold for hours at a time. I will never book flights with them again.

jimmyl121
March 22nd, 2020

This would be my self but also will be my last with FlyFar. Thought would be saving more money but right at the cancellation then found out cost 1/3 more then I needed to.

Tip for consumers:
Please do more researching before using FlyFar because if the flights tickets going cheap for reasons such as, I booked flights from Phl PA to Long Beach CA for $129 where I could have booked directly to the airline(s) but when the trip was cancelled, the flights refunded less than aprox $95. And, after the cancellation, you will needed to deal with FlyFar but will resistance and will not be done in time before flight take place. NEVER AGAIN.

salmanb4
May 7th, 2020

Will never buy a ticket from them again my flight got cancel ask for refund said will get a voucher which I can only buy a ticket from them so what ever price they said will have to pay

qingl4
September 5th, 2020

The worse thing than the pandemic is booking a flight from this website. The airline changes their schedule and cancelled my flight. At first, I was told by the customer service that I should contact the airline for the refund. The airline agreed to cancel the booking however my refund request has to be made by this website. The nightmare started from this point. The first call was put on hold for more than an hour and disconnected immediately when some real person was about to talk. The guy in the second call honestly told me that the entire service department is in India and the ppl for refund only work between Pacific Time 11 pm and 10 am next day. So I called within that time and still nobody answered. The guy in the third call tried to put me on another long hold and I was about to confirm how long will be the waiting time. Then he hanged up on me. I will strongly recommend that anyone should dispute the cc charge and avoid the hassle from this website.

jamesc3223
February 13th, 2021

FlyFar.ca is nothing more than a scam. In a recent purchase in which I was directed there from Kayak.com in which the ticket I was shown and purchased was not what matched my initial search, I immediately noticed FlyFar's mistake and reached out instantly for a refund. I assumed there would be no issue with this since I paid two upcharges, one for premium customer support and another for cancellation services. FlyFar, over the phone, said they were unable to make the refund. Instead, I had to go through Spirit Airlines. Spirit, to their credit, instantly refunded the ticket. However, when going through that process I noticed two things: first, FlyFar used a fake email address claiming to be me to purchase the ticket from Spirit, and second, they charged me a much higher rate for the ticket than Spirit had charged FlyFar. The result was the Spirit, while giving a 100% refund, only refuned about 70% of what I paid. As a result, FlyFar only refunded the 70% less their own cancellation fee of $57. In the end, my refund was less than 50% of what I paid. That for a ticket that the airline refunded without qualms, on a ticket over one month in the future, during a global pandemic, and while the mistake was entirely of a technical nature caused by FlyFar's own poor website design, and all that happening within less than an hour of making the purchase. Further, in dealing with FlyFar's supposed "premium" customer support I was treated incredibly poorly by staff that spoke broken english and had no sympathy for my plight, nor did they seem to have agency to do anything about it. Over and over I was told "we don't have the power to do anything" and when I asked to speak to the people who did, they refused. Clearly, FlyFar is a scam meant to tack on heavy and fake charges over ticket prices. Major airlines and travel aggregators who value the integrity of their brand should not do business with FlyFar.ca, and certainly no traveler should even consider buying a ticket from them -- you will be ripped off.

meilingw
August 4th, 2020

Flyfar has not refunded in amount of 1290. 53 to me since Nov 14th, 2019.

I have talked to Flyfar staff many times.
They first promised to give the full refund back to me( $1290. 53). I have been patiently waiting the refund. They finally found some body to respond my emails. However, Flyfar staff told me that the airline( Air Canada) has not approved my refund process.
When they promised to give the refund, I was not told that the airline(Air Canada) was involved in the process. And the staff was not being responsible to get the refund for me.

The partnership is between Flyfar and the airline(Air Canada). This should be their jobs to communicate clearly with the airline, and just refund their customers. It is a very simple job for Flyfar to do.
Fly far should be banned in the world! They are not doing their businesses honestly and responsibly!

STAY AWAY!

Hi there. Which email and numbers are you referring to that are not working? I can check into that for you as we've had no reported issues. Emails can take up to 48 hours for a response so please keep that in mind. If you are calling within North America the number to reach us at is 1-833-786-5832. If you are calling outside of North America, you can contact us at 1-858-877-5178. We also have a local number which is 1 (888) 775-1099. Our email address is sales@flyfar.ca. Cheers...

See more answers (2)

Hi there. There are no hidden seat selection fees. On our payment page it is clearly outlined that there will be (a) a "Seat Selection Fee" of $X. XX and (b) a "Total Seat Selection Price" of $X. XX which is the cost of our fees + the seat charges (if any). This is also clearly mentioned after your flight is booked. You can find this information directly under the seat selection area on our page as a summary under the "Seat Selection Overview". Best ~ Flyfar

See more answers (2)

Hi there, please send me your email address and telephone number and I will have someone reach out to you. ~ Courtney

By Courtney R.,

Hi Shoaib. I've sent your inquiry to our schedule change department. If there is a cancellation by the airline the airline is responsible for the reimbursement. We would need to wait for the money to be returned to us from the airline in order to send it to you. Nonetheless, I don't have the details of your file nor when the cancellation request was initiated so I will have someone contact you to clarify everything :) . Cheers.

By Courtney R.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the FlyFar CA staff and other customers.

Specializing in cheap flights and low cost airline tickets, FlyFar.ca is your source for flight deals. We offer domestic and international travel deals.

courtneyr71
Courtney R.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FlyFar CA?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.9
Have a question about FlyFar CA?