FlyFar.ca

FlyFar.ca has a consumer rating of 3.56 stars from 269 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. FlyFar.ca also ranks 37th among Plane Tickets sites. The most common issues with FlyFar.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• First time using this site for booking and so far so good.
  • I was happy with the ease of use, and got my email confirmation almost instantly.

• Upon the customer request, the customer service tried to make up a story.
  • They charged me $55 seat selection fee but I didn't select any seats.
How would you rate FlyFar.ca?

“Shocked”

Chris Z.
1/28/20

I had to change a flight back from Los Angeles, so my son quickly went online to find the cheapest flight he could for me. I was quoted over $1,000. for a one way flight to B.C. with United/Air Canada, which was who I was with originally. He found a $150.US flight with Alaska Airlines. I booked it. I quickly wondered if this was too good to be true so I checked their reviews and panicked when according to YELP they had a huge Warning sign that they were frauds. Long story short, I was pleasantly surprised, it was one the the best and easiest flights I had. Everything went perfectly. Also, I love Alaska Airlines, fabulous planes, and crew were great. I have lost faith in Air Canada, it used to be such a great airline, the space in the plane is tiny with little leg room. In addition the phone hold time was over 2 hours, only to find out I needed to call United. Thank you FlyFar. you saved me a lot of money, and thanks for the great service.

“Legal action is pending against FlyFar”

LX Z.
1/13/20

FlyFar failed to send the customer the cancellation of flight booking until the customer called their office one day before departure. Upon the customer request, the customer service tried to make up a story. The incident has caused the customer an extra of over $2000 CAD on last-minute booking of the same flight. A legal action is in process to sue their unreliable and untrustworthy business practice!

customer service (31) seat selection (19) flight (120) credit card (16) price (65) ticket (81) confirmation email (5) time booking (4) cancellation fee (5) first time (10) booking process (4) email confirmation (4)
alin84
December 19th, 2019
DON't USE THIS HORRIBLE WEBSITE!! I have purchased a ticket and a cancellation protection together. I only received my cancellation protection. But the payment for the ticket was declined! I have tried many times to purchase the ticket again, but the payment always gets declined. This is ridiculous!! I am sure I have enough fund and I have never faced this with other 3rd-party sites! How on earth I receive my cancellation protection before the ticket! Not to mention the cancellation protection fee part is very shady. THIS IS A WEBSITE THAT YOU SHOULD NOT TRUST!
lxz1
January 13th, 2020
janetl328
January 28th, 2020
I had been watching fares for over a week, because I just need to travel round trip overnight for an appointment. It was disheartening to see the prices increasing. However, today I just went on Kayak and this fare on FlyFar (which I had never heard of) showed up at a decent price. I immediately put in my information, and the booking went through. The flights are on two separate airlines, but I already received confirmations from both of them. I am so relieved, so I will definitely use your services again.
erical155
December 11th, 2019
I booked my tickets and as the process continued, I also selected my seats as the site prompted me to. Low and behold, I was charged an extra $50 which was not made obvious at all!!! I was very annoyed by this and called customer service immediately. The supervisor was kind and refunded me the money for my seat selection without any fuss (should arrive in my account in 3 to 5 days) . Thank you.
carminea4
January 29th, 2020
I had an issue with my payment, by mistake I had added the seat selection which didn't care about I checked my transaction and noticed the mistake.
I called immediately the girl answered right away and fixed the problem within 30 seconds. I was really grateful for her help and her kindness I will definitely book my flight with you again.
mercedesm37
January 25th, 2020
FlyFare made my dream come true. Last minute decided to surprise my husband on his business trip and FlyFare found ticket price I was looking for to make it happen. Easy! I was on budget friendly flight 5 hours after purchase!
josep284
January 30th, 2020
It's really an excellent experience to buy from fly far so far the best. I have had bad experiences with other companies.
chrisg667
December 10th, 2019
I didn't want to pay for selected seats. The question asked if we would like the airline to seat us together. I was seeing that as a courtesy as seating map was unavailable. Then I was charged 54.00 Extra. I felt cheated!
saverinap
December 9th, 2019
Thanks.Now waiting for the eticket.Received the first email
Subject: Flyfar.ca Airfares Booking Confirmation MWFV7F
anae63
January 25th, 2020
I got the best price and everything went smooth and fast. I'm very happy! I got them thru Kayak and I hesitated first cause I never used them before. Thank you !!
judyj109
October 8th, 2019
Felt tricked into paying for seat selection. The page where I did it said it didn't cost anything. Next page said you won't be assured of any seat. Page of cost totaled added $35 for seat selection. Scam, scam, scam.
samuelg104
October 12th, 2019
Hello Courtney,
My experience is a little skewed because of not having flown in many years, but your agent (Jasmine) was rather helpful throughout the process of reservation confirmation. There was some confusion on my part in making selections that resulted in charges that I was unaware of. Jasmine helped me get through them and corrected the error. She was difficult to understand at times when communicating with me but I appreciated her patience as I asked questions. Overall, a good experience!
christopherm728
November 25th, 2019
Very dishonest. They charged me $45 as a checked bag fee, while the fee from the airline is actually $30. Flyfar takes $15 dollars as a cut and doesn't want to admit it, so they hide the fee as a checked baggage cost from the airline.
Calling Flyfar confirmed this and they did nothing to resolve the situation. Never booking with them again and warning others of them as well.
candaces73
December 14th, 2019
No complaints! Used momondo.com and flyfare came up as having the quickest direct flights to and from Europe. They were even cheaper than any others including those with layovers. Check out was easy and smooth too! So far would totally use them again to buy airfare.
jayp304
September 16th, 2019
Never buy a ticket from Flyfar Canada (Flyfar.ca)

1. higher price compare to others
2. cancellation fees $75/person in ticket...doesn't even matter if you want to cancel within a 5 minutes of making a payment.
3. Refund will take 6 weeks or more....really.
4. customer service are horrible.
5. hidden fees.

DO NOT DESTROY YOUR TRIP!!!
manojj16
December 14th, 2019
I have just completed the booking and the experience has been really good so far. Will post further reviews, once my trip is accomplished free from any trouble.
disham2
December 14th, 2019
FlyFar.ca was able to get me a great deal on my flight. So far, so good! I hope the actual flight is as uneventful. I will post a review after my trip.
codye17
November 17th, 2019
Do not trust this company, they swindled me out of $100. Read the cancellation charges first and then decide if the price is actually "cheap".
joseluisa5
December 9th, 2019
Just by chance I happen to be looking for a flight to Mexico and FlyFar came thru with that opportunity. The process was done quickly and efficiently. Thank you!
gowris1
September 9th, 2019
I was unnecessarily charged US $ 45 for clicking on an option "any seat". ($69 for the ticket and $45 for this "any seat" selection). When I called FlyFar customer support, I was told the airline (Frontier in this case) has charged that fee. But the confirmation email I got from Frontier said "no seat selection, seat will be assigned after check-in" and showed a fee of $69. This means that FlyFar has cheated me $45. I am demanding that they refund this amount ($45 that they have unnecessarily charged) to me right away.
enriqueb20
December 3rd, 2019
My mom uses a wheelchair and customer service got me the seats closest to the door for $35 for two seats. Quick and easy, rated 5, for excellent customer service.
shirleyw177
October 3rd, 2019
I accidentally chose seats which ended on a charge of over 100 dollars extra for the flights. I was annoyed by this but it was my mistake. I called to fix this thinking I would spend a long time on the phone explaining this. To my surprise, the gentleman I spoke to was super nice and fixed the issue very quickly!
anniel117
October 9th, 2019
I made an error in booking my flight and called to see if additional charges could be refunded. The woman who helped me said she would try and after a couple minutes, the charges were taken off. Very nice!
debe25
October 16th, 2019
The fee is ridiculous. Charged per person per day!.??? Thought it would be 10.99 and was 154.94 plus $30 additional fee. Called to question the charge and was told that it was all perfectly clear in the box where I made the selection. Obviously, it was not! Want that fee back. Won't use FlyFar again. Feel ripped off.
isaacs32
July 12th, 2019
1- there is no final review of total cost BEFORE confirming the booking.
2- 10 min later ...... "TRIP CANCELL insurance -$80..seem to unintentionally charged-A VERY aggressive agent in your office REFUSED TO CANCELL THAT INSURANCE AND THE CHARGE...it took firm demand to have it removed to get it done .
3- there is no way to add 'BLOBAL ENTRY #" on to the reservation!!!!-this is very important for security passage at airport
4- couldn't get two (2) passengers on the reservation -I had to book my wife separately AT HIGHER PRICE.

please acknowledge you are not a robot

Hi there. Which email and numbers are you referring to that are not working? I can check into that for you as we've had no reported issues. Emails can take up to 48 hours for a response so please keep that in mind. If you are calling within North America the number to reach us at is 1-833-786-5832. If you are calling outside of North America, you can contact us at 1-858-877-5178. We also have a local number which is 1 (888) 775-1099. Our email address is sales@flyfar.ca. Cheers. ..

See more answers (2)

Hi there. There are no hidden seat selection fees. On our payment page it is clearly outlined that there will be (a) a "Seat Selection Fee" of $X.XX and (b) a "Total Seat Selection Price" of $X.XX which is the cost of our fees + the seat charges (if any). This is also clearly mentioned after your flight is booked. You can find this information directly under the seat selection area on our page as a summary under the "Seat Selection Overview". Best ~ Flyfar

See more answers (2)

Hi there, please send me your email address and telephone number and I will have someone reach out to you. ~ Courtney

By Courtney R.,

Hi Shoaib. I've sent your inquiry to our schedule change department. If there is a cancellation by the airline the airline is responsible for the reimbursement. We would need to wait for the money to be returned to us from the airline in order to send it to you. Nonetheless, I don't have the details of your file nor when the cancellation request was initiated so I will have someone contact you to clarify everything :) . Cheers.

By Courtney R.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the FlyFar.ca staff and other customers.

Specializing in cheap flights and low cost airline tickets, FlyFar.ca is your source for flight deals. We offer domestic and international travel deals.

courtneyr71
Courtney R.
Marketing / PR

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FlyFar.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.6
Have a question about FlyFar.ca?