Review of FareGeek

Tel: 1-888-856-9327
Fares@Faregeek.com

andreww392
2/3/19

DO NOT TRUST FAREGEEK. DO NOT BOOK WITH FAREGEEK.

I have booked through faregeek periodically over the years without any difficulty. My most recent booking, however, went very poorly. My flight to Tampa went without hitch, but when I went to the airport to fly away the airline had no record of me. My flights had been cancelled by faregeek without notification. I called their number and was told that an email had been sent and a call had been made to my cell, but neither was received. The phone agent told me a superviser would call me back within two hours (claiming that he was in a meeting), so I waited at the airport. 4 hours later, there was still no call. When I called again I was told it would be 24 to 48 hours before the superviser would call me back. Needless to say, this was frustrating. I was advised to book another flight, but the prices were four times higher due to booking then at the last minute. (My original booking was done well in advance.) I had little choice, though. It was a full 47 hours before the superviser called, and he would not apologize and said that the contract stated that the flight was not confirmed. He offered a $25 voucher. This was a few weeks ago, and now he will not take my calls or forward contact information for a Senior Manager, and takes days or weeks to respond to my email messages. I cannot stress how negligent they have been.

DO NOT TRUST FAREGEEK. DO NOT BOOK WITH FAREGEEK.

minan4
9/20/18

We bought tickets from them and then we had to cancel due to death. They confirmed a per refund. They were terrible. After over three months, they still have not returned the money. They still kept the money.

The agents are very unhelpful and completely useless. The complaint department does not reply at all. They are nightmare. No one should buy from them.

gabid5
7/18/18

Absolutely horrible. Booked 3 tickets to Europe for about $1500, have our confirmation # and everything. About 10 hours later receive a call (hidden #) saying our flight was CANCELLED. (Not everything, keep reading). Shortly after, we find the same exact flight for $1800+. I give faregeek a call thinking it was a joke because it was hidden #, and they say that the price we had purchased them at was a promotional value and they had no more tickets at that price. Let me remind you that at first they said our flight was cancelled now theyre saying crap about promotional value. There was nothing on our page about this being a promotional value and that there was a chance that we might not be able to get those tickets. I understand if there was a warning or a message stating but there was nothing! This company decided to cancel our THREE tickets because the flight we purchased tickets for had gotten a lot of other buyers and so they decided to raise the prices, AFTER we purchased our tickets and had our confirmation #. Extremely unethical, unreasonable and unprofessional. Dont waste your time or money with this company.

stevens467
6/14/18

Sent to this site from momondo.com where 2 international tickets were booked and confirmed about 30 hours ago. Til now there are NO TICKETS. They have said, give us another 24 hours!!!! These are legs of an international flight. They were able to ticket and charge one leg, but the trip is worthless without the otther leg. This is after calling them of and on for the last 12 hours. I don't know why they operate like this, confirm booking, but do not issue ticket.STAY AWAY!!!

Response from CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative
Dear Steven, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and regret if our services did not meet your expectations. While we tried to look up your reservation, we couldn’t locate your booking details. May we please request you to kindly share your confirmation number ,booking ID, email & contact number so that we can investigate and have the reported issue/s addressed on priority. Regards, Customer service Team Faregeek.com
dg129
2/21/18

Faregeek are scammers!! for your own protection do not use them!!!!! The tension they cause while booking a flight is unbearable and i had a n experience where they told me that my card details didn't work and wanted different details. They ended up cancelleing my booking BUT STILL CHARGED MY CARD FOR THE TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomass48
12/18/17

They are Rude and not able to book your flights. Totally lost of time. Additionally they will ask you more money than what you see on the initial reservation, just because they were not able to secure it....

DONT USE THEM!

nedac
11/30/17

After I did my booking and received a confirmation email for my ticket, they sent me another email, when they asked for credit card details. Has this happened to anyone before? what did you do and if you don't send to them the information what happens to the flight?

allisonl48
11/9/17

Hello, I booked a round-trip ticket from London to Albuquerque this morning. I received two emails from Faregeek: One that states a flight reservation number and another that states an airline confirmation number and then a different flight reservation number. Although I received these two emails, it seems I'm still waiting for my e-tickets. Please advise. Thank you!

The website advertised a certain price and the confirmation I received after making the booking matches this price; however, after checking my bank account, I realised I was charged more than this. I've never had this happen to me when making a booking. Please advise.

misterg2
11/3/17

I've heard of some people where everything goes perfectly. If you are willing to take the risk, go ahead, but personally I will never order through FareGeek again, probably reduced my life on this planet by stressing so much about it! Ticket wasn't sent when ticket was booked and was told to fill out a credit card authorization form. Never heard of such a thing! They called that they couldn't issue the ticket (even though they had all credit card info they needed for it) wanted details that they wouldn't need, very weird. Therefore tried to cancel ticket and guy got very defensive and rude. Luckily we were finally able to cancel the ticket without any charge.

williame58
10/10/17

booked a first class combination business class ticket to Vietnam and their lying salesman Roderick said my e-ticket would be sent in 2 hrs. I e-mailed and finally received my e-ticket 5 days later! I called the airline about 5 days later to see if I could reserve a certain first class seat number and the airline told me that they don't have a first class, only business class and I gave them my e-ticket number and he said that was for premium economy? I did not respond directly to them, but called my credit card company and let them call them and be on a 3 way conversation. They tried to say I owed them 200 dollars to cancel the ticket and then called again and said I should share the cost of the cancelation? I filed a dispute with my credit card last week and they have already re-credited my account. Buyer beware!

catherinem88
7/31/17

I had to cancel a flight through illness and told them immediately. Even though the flight was made up of £400 in taxes with Lufthansa from LHR to DFW via Frankfurt - they offered me a £68 refund only which they said I would be paid within 10-12 weeks. I emailed them today only to be told I didnt send them an email to say I accept this offer. Absolutely poppycock. Dont book with them is my advice".

juliec161
7/26/17

Booked a ticket costing £715 but was actually charged
£1200 plus. UK based daughter was advised nothing could be done. I called US number and was told the price charged was correct. The ticket was cancelled and I was told by Harold Travis it would be refunded. Time will tell........

zannism
6/24/17

I bought a business class flight only through this company but when I arrived at the airport I was told the ticket was only valid with a cruise voucher. There was no mention of this on my booking. According to Air France, this is a common ploy used by dishonest agents. Air France obliges them to sell these discount tickets only as part of a package but the agent then mis-sells them to customers. I spent all day on the phone trying to rebook a ticket but Faregeek refused to help. I was forced to purchase a last minute premium economy ticket (still more expensive than the original business class ticket) for the next day and claim the difference from Faregeek (who look unlikely even to refund me). Totally dishonest. Don't use this company.

Response from CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative
Dear Zannis, We appreciate the opportunity to address your concern. As discussed, we request you to email us the receipt of the newly booked tickets at customerservice@faregeek.com and as promised we will work with our partner airlines to address your complaint and would try our best to compensate you for the additional costs incurred at the airport arising out of rebooking the tickets afresh. We also apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, however would like to assure you that we take note of such complaints in a very sensitive manner to avoid a future recurrence of such incidents. We once again thank you for reporting the issue and look forward to hear from you.
justinc101
5/5/17

I buy the ticket and then they still haven't reduce the money from my bank account. I can't check my booking in the flight website. I call them for long time but no response and they didn't reply my email as well. Poor! Please don't book flights on this website

Response from CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative
Dear Valued Passenger, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. While we tried to look up your reservation, we couldn’t locate your booking details. May we please request you to kindly share your confirmation number ,booking ID, email & contact number so that we can investigate and have the reported issue/s addressed.
robertb443
5/3/17

They confirmed the booking, then wrote back to ask for the same credit card and ID details that had been entered securely online. When I asked politely whether this was standard procedure and whether this was possibly a scam, they gave me one hour to confirm my details via a print & scan form. As I was not at work, this could not be done in the timeframe specified. They then tried calling me three times at midnight. When I called back they said they could offer me a new far, 50% more than the originally quoted fare. I declined and booked elsewhere. Terrible, inefficient, unsatisfying way to run a business.

Response from CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative
Dear Valued Passenger, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and regret if our services did not meet your expectations. While we tried to look up your reservation, we couldn’t locate your booking details. May we please request you to kindly share your confirmation number ,booking ID, email & contact number so that we can investigate and have the reported issue/s addressed.
rs158
3/17/17

What's wrong with their reserving system? We tried 3 different credit cards (domestic included) yet they couldn't do anything. Worst travel agency ever.

mariyuma
1/20/17

This company sucks, their customer service and supervisors have no idea what they are doing. They are literally there to snatch money from customers and later refuse to assist them with anything. Save your selves

Response from CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative
Dear Mariyum,
regret to hear on your overall experience with our customer service and supervisors. After cross checking the case details it was found that you were catered to all the information of your refund which was made by the Airline on your card. Post your conversation with the supervisors a proof of record has been sent on your email address which we have received from the Airline confirming your refund was processed on the card used at the time of purchase. Kindly go through the enclosed document and share it with your bank for an update. Feel free to drop us an email at fares@faregeek.com
inamq
12/5/16

This is the worst travel agency ever in my life. They haven't refunded my money even after cancelling my booking and committing a refund. Its been 1 year and still they are coming up with lame excuses. Never deal with their manager, Daisy. She is just a plain faced liar.

Response from CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative
Dear Mr.Qureshi, We understand your concern and apologize for the delay that has come in resolving your query. Please be advised that your case has already been escalated to the management and they are investigating your case. Please be rest assured that you shall be addressed within 24-48 hours. Feel free to drop us an email at fares@faregeek.com
nicoles151
11/30/16

This website has made it possible for me to travel within my budget round the year! I am happy with the deals that it offers and most of the time I am able to get a good discount.

tonie17
10/30/16

I had to visit Stockholm for a corporate conference and needed to book flight at the last hour. This website provided me with cheap flight deals that came within my savings.

joeo30
10/29/16

I had a great experience with faregeek. Flew Lufthansa as the time and date without any problems on the 24th of September and came back on the 8 of October no problem. I guess their services may have improved as at September, 2016
Thanks
Joe

marthar39
9/28/16

Since I am frequently traveling and is always in search for the best deals, discovering new travel websites is of good use to me. This website seems to be a good discovery for me as I am able to locate amazing offers on some of my favorite destinations.

peterc137
9/19/16

I was directed to fare geek from another website, the booking was easy and straight forward, I was offered many different payment methods selected Amex as I get free travel insurance etc. Got an email within 2 minutes with the booking showing status confirmed. I put my computer away and continued my vacation the next day email arrived saying booking on hold due to company policy can't accept credit card payment for this booking please pay cash, oh an BTW please check price before paying it may have gone up..... Surprise Surprise. I sent 3 emails and no response. I'm reporting this company to UK Civil Aviation Authority and I'm searching all websites promoting them as they are not giving the service they offer.

Response from CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative
Dear Passenger, we apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and regret if our services did not meet your expectations. While we tried to look up your reservation, we couldn’t locate your booking details. May we please request you to kindly share your confirmation number ,booking ID, email & contact number so that we can investigate and have the reported issue/s addressed on priority
mr735
9/11/16

I booked a flight London to houston for £639. A day after I booked the price went down to £400 in to now!!! My flight is in a week. I needed to change the return date from the 20th of October to the 20th of November. They said the penalty is £350!!!! Rip off! I will not book with them in the future!!!!

roberth287
8/20/16

I was not expecting to save a great deal on my tickets to Finland. However, with this website I got to save $10 that was a big saving for me. Thank you so much and keep up this amazing service.

Stay away , look at my review .These guys are crooks

By Vikas G.

Sorry to hear about your mother Laura. We should all report them!

By Justine O.

It depends on the airline not on fare geek, but don't book with this company if you can manage not to. They are literally liars, and I hope I don't run into Yu's problem because I just cancelled my flight with them.

By Karly U.

7hrs : Thanks for choosing Faregeek.com as your travel partner. We understand that you have made a booking hence waiting for your e tickets. We regret for any inconvenience caused and request you to kindly share your booking number , email ID and contact number so that we can check internally and call you immediately to resolve the concern highlighted. Now : Thanks for your esteem feedback towards our services. We always strive for 100% Customer satisfaction ratio and would always take every feedback as our areas of improvement. Please note that as a Travel Agency we would always have some restrictions in our terms & condition, rules & policies with the airlines. You are most welcome to drop in an email at customerservice@faregeek.com for any services which were not met as per you expectations and we would ensure to resolve it at all possible levels Thanks, CSD Team

By CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative

I received mine immediately after successfully paid

By Siman L.

I have called/emailed numerous times, spent 7+hrs on hold wasting all my minutes on cell phone. They do NOT answer or reply to emails. TOTAL rip-off! They screwed my entire trip home up and I didn't get to spend the last day in Missoula with my dying mother as planned. Instead, I was up ALL night and ALL next day on phone crying to airline and credit card co., trying to get a connecting flight from Denver to LAX so I could get home. It cost me an extra $388 + hotel + cab + 24hrs before I got home! They STILL won't reply to my emails! I hope their families all suffer horribly!!!

By Laura O.

Thanks for writing to Faregeek .com. Please be advised that we are ABTA and ATOL protected. For any further queries you may contact us at fares@faregeek.com or call us at 0203-695-3494

By CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative

It was wonderful talking to you, E- tickets sent. Thanks for choosing Faregeek as your travel Partner

By CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with us. We apologize if our services did not meet your expectations. Please be advised that we tried to locate your confirmation details but couldnt find one. So would request you to kindly share your confirmation number ,booking ID, email ID and contact number so that we can check internally and have this case addressed on priority.

By CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative

Thanks for considering Faregeek as your travel partner. Please be advised that the $14.99 is a Customer satisfaction and Best Price Guarantee program which allows you to cancel the ticket on the same day of your reservation without any penalty. You must use this by 11:59 pm (EST), the same day you purchased the ticket on our website. This service is only applied on flights. I hope we were able to answer your query and looking forward to serve you.

By CustomerExperienceTeam F., FareGeek Representative
Questions? Get answers from the FareGeek staff and other customers.

3 Photos for FareGeek