Review of FamilyTime

Tel: +1(866)-355-0307
support@familytime.io

monicad39
1/22/17
THIS APP DOES NOT WORK. DEVELOPERS OF THIS APP SHOULD FEEL BAD MAKING A BAD BUSINESS MODEL WHICH CREATES TRUST ISSUE AMONG FAMILIES. I GOT NO SUPPORT AND REGRETTED WHY I SIGNED UP FOR SUCH A WORST APP.
paulines23
1/19/17
Does not do as advertised especially for IOS phones. Customer service number and chat are always not available. Tried to ask to cancel and refund multiple times but they won't do it. This needs to be reported and removed from apple and google play. It's a scam!
towannar
1/13/17
I keep trying to get support from Family Time and they will not return telephone calls or answer their support line. I have left several VM messages and the email support is joke...sorry but it is. I would like a refund now.
marks438
1/6/17
This app and company that runs FamilyTime is a scam and a bunch of crooks. I signed up and paid for the Premium Service back in early December and the only thing that works is I can see my childs contacts and that is it. On there website it shows all the features you will get with the Premium Service and none of them work between my phone and my childs phone.
I began contacting FamilyTime customer service 1 day after my "Premium Service" started (by the way, don't even try calling them, you will NEVER get an answer) and they gave me multiple things to try over the numerous emails I have sent and nothing works at all.
I finally got fed up with the service and the time I have wasted with numerous emails and attempts to get the phones to work, and I asked for a refund and to have my service cancelled. I was told my request would be forward to the "BILLING DEPARTMENT" which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. After a week went by I contacted them again as I got no response and this time they were flat out rude and said "Since your to ignorant to understand our directions and we told you certain features don't work with the Premium Service (???????) we are unable to give you a refund. We are taking this issue to our credit card company to dispute the charges.
AVOID THIS COMPANY AND APP LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!
marsalr
12/29/16
I can use this app without any hassle. Most of the features are automated and all I need is to navigate. Five-start ratted for simplification, ease of use, features and most importantly, PRICE!
melanies66
12/28/16
All the flashy looks of this app are drained when you use it. This does not work neither on android nor on iOS. It messes your phone. Don't buy it. Seems all the five star ratings are paid and not true.
peterm231
12/27/16
Limit Screen Time feature works wonderfully well for me. I can also block unwanted apps on my kids within no time. Wonderfull App!!!
adrianp33
12/26/16
Two thumbs up for FamilyTime. A variety of parenting features and awesome support team. The premium subscription is totally worth the money. I was a little iffy in the beginning about spending my money but now I am happy that my kids are secure. Monitoring and applying restrictions is so much easier by using an app.
damianj7
12/23/16
Most of the apps I tried involved spying on kids when it comes to SMS monitoring. I dont like that idea at all. I am glad that FamilyTime has added this feature without any spying. Monitoring is important and kids must know about it. It is the right way to do it. I really appreciate it.
meghans17
12/23/16
My kid went out with his friend yesterday and they lost their way back home. He alerted me through the panic button and I was able to find him on the location map. He got grounded for wandering around but I am thankful that I had this app installed that helped me find him. I think these kind of apps are a must have these days.
dorakk
12/23/16
Out of all the parental controls have tried this application is outstanding. I can see all my kids from one dashboard. App blocker and screen time access control are great features to handle their digital exposure. I can monitor their online activity as well which is very important in this time. Best app for locating your kids when they are out. I can check their location history anytime and get notifications when they reach school. I am giving it five stars for its quality, contemporary facilities, and efficiency.
samuell40
12/18/16
All the positive reviews are paid. It's a nightmare to get through installation and iOS features won't work. Customer service is pathetic, developers need to work on its functionality with cross platform devices. The trial isn't free as they auto charge without your consent after three days. Don't buy it! You will end up wasting your time and money.
namreenk
12/18/16
This app does not work on my daughter's phone and it just freezes the whole phone. You can't download child app from play store and it's a big question mark on security and personal information. When you contact customer service they force you to buy subscription before actual features could work so the free trial isn't free anyway. I assume they sell data and make money with it. It has the most expensive subscription plan among all parental controls out there. Think twice and research enough before you put this on your family phones. I wouldn't recommend it to any parent.
marcusn13
12/16/16
This app hijacked my son's phone and won't let me do anything. I had to go to a technician to uninstall it. It was easily bypassed by my son within two hours of installation. The app won't work as advertised and loads of information on their website isn't true. A very bad business model and not a friendly customer support. They dictate rather help. I would never recommend anyone to use such app which can destroy trust in your family. All the five star reviews on play store and other websites are completely fake and paid. Very disappointed to waste my money on two device plan.
jenniferw192
12/15/16
It is very deceptive that there is no mention of having to purchase a subscription for the app to work until well into the installation process. Edited to add I am now getting daily spam offering me discounts because I didn't complete the installation process . it needs to be mentioned in the app store description that a subscription is required for full functionality--not just on the website.

Tip for consumers: Do not use it, just use built in parental controls for iOS and Android. Avoid using third party apps which takes your personal data with no security.

rodneya23
12/14/16
It does not work, it does not work at all on iOS. Familytime claim features which just won't work on iOS. Upon asking, I was told these are not allowed by iOS. If such is the case then why advertise it? Truly disappointment. And oh yes, they won't give my money back and using delaying tactics. If you need money back, it's better to call your bank and notify them about their unauthorised charge. Such a waste of time with this company.
dujuanp
12/14/16
It's a scam. They charged my credit card after the trial without my permission. Customer support is worst ever with info to pair the devices. Beware of marketing tactics and avoid it. This company is scamming people all over the world and making people fool. Avoid it.
amandaw101
12/14/16
They have been wanting me to keep reinstalling the app but the features just won't work. I was tired of contacting customer service but they would respond after two or three days. Refused to refund the money and charged me without the authorisation. Avoid it and check for built in parental controls in iOS devices. Good luck and shame on the makers of familytime app. They are cheat and fraud based in Tokyo.
gema12
12/9/16
Take money in error, say they'll refund as a priority and still waiting over a month later
kp76
9/23/16
I thought this digital parenting was just a bunch of safety crazy people convincing parents to drown their money. But when my son started facing harassment on Facebook and came to me really upset thats when I realized its all true. I looked up few apps and found good reviews about FamilyTime. I started using it and I think its pretty great. I never had to use any other app.
amandak59
9/15/16
I spent more time trying to get the app to work than seemed necessary. Emailing back and forth trying to get it to work. Uninstall reinstall turn your phone off reboot update blah blah. Still no luck with any of the features working properly. After deciding I'm not going to continue with familytime and asked for a refund it was a huge Hassel there as well and ended up getting 12 out of 46.33 back and they no longer will reply to my emails about why.
willt26
9/4/16
This hasn't been a good experience for me. The app seemed to work fine for about a day & do exactly what I wanted. But then it quit working. Multiple re-installs & endless mucking about did not resolve the issues. I ended up switching to another product.

Company refuses to give any refunds. Support staff doesn't even ask the right kind of questions. Avoid.
alexr128
8/23/16
Family Time is my 17th app that I have installed from Play Store. But I'm liking it better than the previous app. They had pathetic interfaces and very $#*!ty features. This one is different. I like the way it displays each place your child visited on the map and I love screen time locks features. i didn't know you could actually lock their devices for a period of time. What a time to be alive!
coralc2
4/28/16
Perfect tool for working moms. Monitor kids, stay connected and track their location accurately with any hassle. I'd suggest every working mother try this app out!
nith15
4/4/16
Very bad website and customer support. Do NOT get this app

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

According to my case, customer is the best so far and had answered my all questions very quickly and the agent was informative.

By Williams B.

No, they can't on android. And you can prevent your child from deleting the child app on iOS.

By HF C.

Most of the features work even device is on airplane mode.

By Williams B.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FamilyTime