Review of WebMD

111 8th Ave, 7th Floor
New York, New York, USA
2017 Customer choice award

HON Certified

WebMD complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health. HON is a non-profit dedicated to improving healthcare information online. For more information, please see the HON certification for WebMD.

margeryc
11/26/17

I absolutely love WebMD. The site is extremely user friendly and the search features are quick and easy to use. They provide the right amount of information for the question--detailed...

margretj
11/18/17

Get a free Spiritual help Today!!!
Are you going through any kind of spiritual attack or affliction or you want to get your ex husband or wife back? Dr. GURILARICO GURU THE GREAT is a traditional herbal and spiritual doctor that can help you out free for free. Contact him to help you solve your problem for you free of charge. He is based in US. His contact details is Tel: +1(832)263-7128 Tel: +1(562) 513-6480. Email: dr.gurilarico@gmail.com. He is always ready to help you for free.

johnm1215
11/8/17

Last year during the best summer Ireland has ever had, i started to experience headaches. Long story short i looked it up on webmd (bull$#*!) and it told me i had a brain tumour. It cause me to be terrified about this non existent tumour all summer even when i went away to spain. It made me so upset and wasted my summer. What a crappy unreliable website. Its bull$#*! dont depend on it! Turns out the headaches was a symptom of my depression i was diagnosed with

susanm362
11/7/17

Never update reviews, no response when contacted. Physician ratings unreliable as no current reviews AVOID THIS SITE

adamm162
10/8/17

I`d say the resource is very helpful on many issues and I personally can confirm that. At times it helped me, but mostly this was only the point before calling the doctor, which I would advise to do to anyone.

pauly35
10/4/17

In the past I have had problems with hypertension, sluggish thyroid, vericose veins and shingles and depression and anxiety...weight gain and other human conditions and WebMd always has a answer and I got to my local doctor(S) and use the information provided by WebMd to let the doctor know of my health concerns.
so far my wife and I are satisfied with WebMD

annettes7
9/4/17

I like browsing the pages of WebMD, it has helped me sort through many questions that my doctor either could not answer or thought I did not need to know the answers to. It helped me fire my doctor and find one that was a better fit.

As with all WWW platforms you must read everything with a grain of common sense because not everything written in the cloud is a silver lining. But as a go to place to seek information this is one of the better places on the internet road of knowledge.

judyl55
8/28/17

The website I go to for anything medical. I like to use the symptom's to find out what might be going on & to check on medications.

tiffanyr36
8/26/17

WebMD is a good website to get some general knowledge about medical issues and diseases. However one must not use this website as a substitute to a professional doctor. Nonetheless I visit WebMD often to learn some basics about the medical conditions.

davew133
8/19/17

Sometimes I unable to use this website. The website is without it constantly locking up on a page and refusing to function.I am facing the same problem all the time.

jamesf224
8/14/17

You can find definitions of medical terms. Medical reviews and many other things referring to the medical field. Keep in mind they also advertise products that pay them. Always check out two or three sources on a medical subject.

tb97
7/8/17

I am unable to use the WebMD website without it constantly locking up on a page and refusing to function.

brendaw92
6/25/17

This site is too complicated for non -medical persons. It needs to list all generic equivalent medications in the same " class" of drugs so people can save tons of money. I may be thinking of Drugs.com where you can see if your medications have interactions with Over the Counter medications and so on. Too bad they do not include all the ones on the recall list or the ones in class action lawsuits here. Great Site for most who need to study what they do not know. But the constant emails are a headache.

billiep4
6/19/17

When I first used this site I thought, how wonderful because it gave me information. The problem is, that this site only offers the basic answers. It tells you the definition of what it is you are looking up. To have a better understanding however, I had to go to other sites. Not bad though for beginners.

raulw9
6/13/17

In general if you want to know about something you go to Wikipedia, but in terms of health care it can not give such a complete and accurate answer as WebMD.

nancyd126
6/13/17

As a nurse educator, I value the material WebMD has to offer. It is a site for critical thinking and research data for my on-line students. My students find this on-line website as a means to bring to the table (discussion group) interesting, and factual data for all students to explore. There are other sites my students also enjoy, but this is a website that is of interest for group discussions and factual information. My students take this information and find the data easier to display to their patients.

vincenzom15
6/10/17

Disappointing and biased.Franklly not useful. Contradicted by many clinical trials reports published on Pubmed.

hosamm
5/24/17

I recommend this web for any one needs medical informations by simple and clear way to understand.
With comparisons to others this is the best.

kimberlys79
5/5/17

I come from a medical family and am a healer myself. I love WebMD.

That said, I caution everyone to understand that WebMD isn't there looking and examining you and just because you have symptoms of X or Y doesn't mean the problem can't be P or T. Many problems have similar symptoms, and symptoms sometimes don't mean anything important. So self-diagnosis is not the best idea - for anyong - no matter what the problem or medical expertise level.

BUT, using WebMD for information gathering, for looking into symptoms to see what MIGHT be the problem, to educate oneself on general health and understanding of the human body. Absolutely unsurpassed in my book!!!

I especially enjoy the e-mail quizzes and the advice on improving overall health.

I also like that I can go to my doctor, fully informed on what might be the problem; find out what's actually wrong, and then go check on WebMd for options on treatment. The site often has some that even my physician doesn't know about - and many that are holistic and/or non-invasive.

This is a GREAT site that can help everyone be healthier.

karlottem
3/16/17

When I have problems with my health or I feel bad I always search for the information about my disease here. This is an excellent portal, where I always can find the trustworthy information about one or another illness or drug!

sherryc50
3/13/17

It is has been a while since I turned to WebMD for information about specific drug precautions, side effects and interactive effects. Wow, what a change a few years and millions of dollars in sponsored ads from the medical and pharmaceutical industry make!

Generalized information, legalese risk management language that merely sends knowledge seekers back to an MD or pharmacist for information, and disclaimers. "Tell your doctor if you have a history of kidney disease" was informative, but showed up on one page re interactive effects, not a word about kidney issues on precautions or side effects! No science, no links to abstracts, research, NOTHING. A bunch of tabs, the most useful of which were the customer reviews. Only THERE might a consumer get a a clue that there are many side effects. Reading the dumbed down, "keep your advertisers" happy content, one is left to believe a side effect is an extremely rare occurrence. Another great mission sold out. Very sad.

lindab321
3/6/17

This site has always provided excellent information in an easy to browse format. If you are unable to get to a doctor right away, you can find potential home remedies and information that will assist you when you do visit the doctor. Love it.

annas200
3/4/17

Delivery driver was very nice and came right on time. The product is exactly as shown and good quality.The quality of furniture is outstanding. Convinced our friends to visit one of your showrooms - they made a purchase as well!.There is no other store like sitejabber. sitejabber is one of the best online store..I had a great experience! Thank you!

Tip for consumers: There is no other store like sitejabber

carole77
2/14/17

my roommate logged on here to do a quiz and ads kept popping up and the page kept changing. also, when I tried to do a quiz, I could not understand the format.

brennan23
2/13/17

A very helpful site, my only complaint is that they give too much information.

Go looking for the symptoms of an upset stomach and go away feeling as though you have something seriously wrong with you.

28 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Blanche, there is some good information about scoliosis on this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/scoliosis/article.htm Of course there are other sites but, this will give you answers to the questions you asked and, have good luck in your searching.

By Michael T.

Questions? Get answers from the WebMD staff and other customers.

WebMD?