Review of WebMD

Tel: +1-866-788-3097
almakelly@webmd.com
2018 Customer choice award

HON Certified

WebMD complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health. HON is a non-profit dedicated to improving healthcare information online. For more information, please see the HON certification for WebMD.

johnp190
2/29/16

I get daily updates and find lots of valuable information. Medical references are cited and you can always go deeper into a subject.

robind28
2/22/16

In this age of Google... I really appreciate Web MD. Almost every question I google about medicine's side effects as well as symptoms. Web MD offers an answer. It feels good to know the information is available from a reputable source!! Thank you Web MD!!!

jamess177
2/18/16

See above.

susanl110
2/17/16

THEY ARE TRAINED AND FUNDED BY BIG PHARMA. DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY...

anar48
2/15/16

I always check webMD when I'm researching a health related issue because it is a site that I know I can trust!

beckyg4
2/15/16

I have used WebMD to research so many conditions, aches and pains and just wanting to know about something. Your Doctor is your first line of defense but WebMD is very helpful their information so you can ask your Doctor questions. I will continue to use WebMD.

markw162
2/9/16

This site was very informative with great suggestions of what to do and what not to do in relation to keeping yourself and your body healthy.

michaelt120
1/25/16

I've never not found the information I needed on WebMD whether its identifying medicines or symptoms of an illness.

jamest140
1/18/16

I subscribed newsletter "Men's Health" and I am happy with that - always great information explained in a short way

cynthias33
Cynthia S.
1/17/16

I have found many answers to questions I have had.

lenh24
1/17/16

According to people that work there or have worked there before, these people, who will remain anonymous.(information available at review site for this company) some of them, perhaps most, (all were scared to list name or contact info) were 'strongly asked' to write a 'favorable' review and to also request relatives and friends to do the same. And were told that it was for the 'better', for the company = therefor their jobs, if they would do so.
These people are thieves, there is no guarantee of anything except that they will steal money from your account each month. Any 'reputable' business will allow you to cancel, if not satisfied. Right?
I wish to thank all of the people who have responded and heeded the warnings!
Again I am obligated to demand that all of the money stolen from my account be returned immediately, and be advised as per these records, that you will be forced to answer for these actions.
My warning to all: If you get any of these 'canned' responses with a 'don't worry about it', of any sort, ANSWER and don't pursue your intuition = this shortcut to a diagnoses could very well cost you more than the money they steal from your account each month . . . Keep all correspondence, and join us if you would like. The more people that join us, the stronger we become.
I sincerely Thank You, all of you . . .

Tip for consumers: If anyone knows how to 'Add a photo, please let me know. Thanks!

lauram143
1/16/16

Always a good experience

danielleb13
1/6/16

Good advise with pics and slideshows

veronicas39
12/30/15

This site is meant for background info or a quick fact check. It's not meant to replace a real GP.
I don't suggest looking too far into articles and other 'pop medicine/ psychology'.

If you're looking up UTI symptoms- yes, use it. If you're self-diagnosing autism- no, do not use it.

briannew1
12/28/15

Great information when it comes to medical field. I usually visit the site for school projects. Great service too

robinw25
12/24/15

Dad is very logical and degreed and he's always telling me to go to this web site because their research is top notch

pamelac35
12/24/15

I find reading medical care very helpful with helping my doctor rule out different things that my illness may be. The symptom checker is a good start and indicator of when I should call my doctor for further diagnosis. Ultimately everything is double and triple checked with my doctor and when I don't fully understand what my doctor tells me then I go back online and read more information about it.

lewisd16
12/21/15

I could not afford to go to a Doctor with a problem I was having so I went to WebMD to see what I could do to resolve the problem. After I asked the question, the answer I got "give us money first (credit card info) then we will answer" I left the sight. About a week later I got an e-mail from some guy who said he was a doctor and gave me info I already knew and that was the end of it. For all I know, he could have been the janitor. Don't waste you time or money there.

johng264
12/14/15

INFO ON THIS SITE ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL

debbief25
11/30/15

I have used WebMD every time I had symptoms and wanted to know what it might be and how serious it might be. They are knowledgeable and exact in the symptoms department. I would highly recommend them as a first source.

roseannz
11/23/15

although I've been disabled and unable to work, I was an RN-BSN (I still am, if you count keeping my license current as being an RN). WebMD's biggest strength in my daily life is that their medication, complementary supplements, herbs, and vitamins are so detailed. That database includes 1. Uses, 2. Potential benefits, based on research, 3. Side Effects, and 4. Interactions, among other things. They are very unbiased.
WebMD sponsors or develops a wonderful site for healthcare workers or laypeople, called Medscape. I can't describe how much you could learn from Medscape, especially if you are a doctor or healthcare worker. It is so comprehensive and peer-reviewed because of the chances for members of Medscape to comment on the articles. As I said, I LOVE WebMD!!!

jano29
11/23/15

WebMD is a great source of medical information. I use it all the time.

deniseh33
11/20/15

I absolutely love WebMD. The site is extremely user friendly and the search features are quick and easy to use. They provide the right amount of information for the question--detailed enough for you to understand the issue and next steps- but not overwhelming. The content is written in layman's terms so it is easy to understand. The span of topics covered by WebMD is truly amazing! This is an excellent resource!

annh46
11/3/15

Dr. Bob. Soni has been our family dermatologist since 1999. He takes his time with each patient. His employees are devoted to him as well as his patients .He is one in a million and I recommend him the highest

amyc67
10/30/15

I am trying to make a comment with information making a note of misinformation in an article posted entitled MS and Depression: Tips for Mental Fitness, by R. Morgan Griffin, reviewed by Arefa Cassoobhoy, MD, MPH, and it is not allowing me. I want the editor to publish this information so MS patients are not under the impression that the information they are providing is correct.

28 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Blanche, there is some good information about scoliosis on this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/scoliosis/article.htm Of course there are other sites but, this will give you answers to the questions you asked and, have good luck in your searching.

By Michael T.

Questions? Get answers from the WebMD staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WebMD