Review of WebMD

Tel: +1-866-788-3097
almakelly@webmd.com
2018 Customer choice award

HON Certified

WebMD complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health. HON is a non-profit dedicated to improving healthcare information online. For more information, please see the HON certification for WebMD.

robinw25
12/24/15

Dad is very logical and degreed and he's always telling me to go to this web site because their research is top notch

pamelac35
12/24/15

I find reading medical care very helpful with helping my doctor rule out different things that my illness may be. The symptom checker is a good start and indicator of when I should call my doctor for further diagnosis. Ultimately everything is double and triple checked with my doctor and when I don't fully understand what my doctor tells me then I go back online and read more information about it.

lewisd16
12/21/15

I could not afford to go to a Doctor with a problem I was having so I went to WebMD to see what I could do to resolve the problem. After I asked the question, the answer I got "give us money first (credit card info) then we will answer" I left the sight. About a week later I got an e-mail from some guy who said he was a doctor and gave me info I already knew and that was the end of it. For all I know, he could have been the janitor. Don't waste you time or money there.

johng264
12/14/15

INFO ON THIS SITE ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL

debbief25
11/30/15

I have used WebMD every time I had symptoms and wanted to know what it might be and how serious it might be. They are knowledgeable and exact in the symptoms department. I would highly recommend them as a first source.

roseannz
11/23/15

although I've been disabled and unable to work, I was an RN-BSN (I still am, if you count keeping my license current as being an RN). WebMD's biggest strength in my daily life is that their medication, complementary supplements, herbs, and vitamins are so detailed. That database includes 1. Uses, 2. Potential benefits, based on research, 3. Side Effects, and 4. Interactions, among other things. They are very unbiased.
WebMD sponsors or develops a wonderful site for healthcare workers or laypeople, called Medscape. I can't describe how much you could learn from Medscape, especially if you are a doctor or healthcare worker. It is so comprehensive and peer-reviewed because of the chances for members of Medscape to comment on the articles. As I said, I LOVE WebMD!!!

jano29
11/23/15

WebMD is a great source of medical information. I use it all the time.

deniseh33
11/20/15

I absolutely love WebMD. The site is extremely user friendly and the search features are quick and easy to use. They provide the right amount of information for the question--detailed enough for you to understand the issue and next steps- but not overwhelming. The content is written in layman's terms so it is easy to understand. The span of topics covered by WebMD is truly amazing! This is an excellent resource!

annh46
11/3/15

Dr. Bob. Soni has been our family dermatologist since 1999. He takes his time with each patient. His employees are devoted to him as well as his patients .He is one in a million and I recommend him the highest

amyc67
10/30/15

I am trying to make a comment with information making a note of misinformation in an article posted entitled MS and Depression: Tips for Mental Fitness, by R. Morgan Griffin, reviewed by Arefa Cassoobhoy, MD, MPH, and it is not allowing me. I want the editor to publish this information so MS patients are not under the impression that the information they are providing is correct.

alexandraj11
10/29/15

Just had 2 cataracts removed and Dr Auerbach was just incredible! I had had Lasik surgery 10 years ago and he was so astute he actually coordinated the surgery parameters to meet my eyes needs he called me personally to discuss the surgery (who does that???) and made sure I was comfortable with the procedure Winter Park Hospital was exceptional also as the surgery was performed there. Love his practice extremely streamlined and amazing!!! If you need an opthamologist this is the Doctor for you!!!

bevs12
10/20/15

WebMD is on top of it's game. With this site who needs a triage nurse (LOL). Triage nurses give medical advice or tips...This site gives so much insight on whatever your medical condition is. They are on point, when it comes to medical awareness and conditions. I would highly recommend this site to people wanting medical tips. This website is awesome.

franks99
10/20/15

Wed MD used to be more informative. I now find it to be a source of common knowledge, the site mediocre home fixes. I find more "pop-ups" that side track you to spam world rtdicules! These "pop-ups " are very distracting and frustrating for people with reading issues, attention problems, or dementia. How can you take this seriously when promotes this?
People that have questions about specific topics; give the people what they ask for they can google the rest.

lorih39
10/13/15

I use WebMD for a quick rundown on any health problems.

marcianov
10/11/15

tienen un selecto comercio de calidad y seriedad en los productos de medicamentos y atención medica para los clientes, y eso se puede mejorar, una poco mas al cliente, y eso no solo depende de la empresa también depende de los clientes que no exigen la calidad y atención de la empresa o empresas, que están para servir a los pacientes...

jessical88
10/7/15

Love the information on this site. I visit it often.

marieb32
9/20/15

Always checking this site for questions. I have 2 very active boys who are always scratched, scrapt, bruised. I know when it's time to go to the hospital. As a matter of fact, both of them were at the ER one day a part. Helpful and handy.

tk25
9/14/15

Being a chronic pain patient for 17 years, I've experienced many pain doctors. Doctor Ozaktay is among the very best that I've ever had! He takes the time to accurately diagnose the problem areas, gets to know you personally and remembers you.

His front office is a disaster, but Dr. O more than makes up for the hassle. The Surgery Center that he works from is not in a good neighborhood, but the Pre-Op and Surgery Rooms are acceptable.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr O. If you live in the Fort Lauderdale or surrounding areas, he is the best. I drive 70 miles each way to see him.

dianed29
9/10/15

Dr. Mark Thornton owns a "Designer" Medical Practice in which he charges so much extra per year for patients to have "24/7" access to him. My parents used him for the last 5 years of each of their lives. He made them feel like he had their best interests at heart, but as it turned out, he did not!

He put my father on an antipsychotic drug when he had Alzheimer's Disease. The drug did not agree with him and he started having dilutions that my mother had committed suicide, even when he could see her. I called Dr. Thornton's office for my Mom to let them know the side effects the drug was having. When I got hold of Dr. Thornton, he hung up on me and immediately called my mom to tell her that I was "rude" to him. I was simple relaying information for my mother.

He also treated the 95 year old mother of a friend of mine. When the caregiving child called with questions, he was treated very rudely. This is typical of his behavior to children of his patients who are very old.

He tries to make his very old patients feel like he is their best friend, but when it came down to life and death decision in our case, his actions were unprofessional, and our family thinks he caused harm to our mother. He turns on his patients and does what is easiest for him, which in our cases with both parents, involved putting them on antipsychotic drugs. In my father's case, it contributed to seizures, and made his delusions MUCH worse.

My mothers case was much worse.
First of all, her caregiver and I called his office to see if Dr. Thorntan could make a house call (which he said he would do) when my mother was too weak to get out of bed so we could take her to his office. The nurse responded. We could not even get the message to him as he was out of town, as usual.

My Mom was then misdiagnosed. She had a minor stroke but it was not diagnosed, and there was just some speech damage. Thornton put her in the hospital, not on the stroke floor, where vitals are checked every few minutes, but on a regular floor. He prescribed the same antipsychotic that had messed up my Dad, Zyprexa, to my Mom, who had a heart condition. It is contra indicated for those with heart disease. Anyone can clearly see this by Googling the drug for information on the internet. My mother was a heart patient, as well, having suffered a minor heart attack many years ago and having stints put in.

After Mark Thornton prescribed Zyprexa, my mom was unconscious for 26 hours, and when she awoke, she was a totally different person, having obviously suffered another stroke that left her without her faculties. We still don't know if she would've suffered the more massive stroke if she had been responsibly diagnosed and cared for. She was then, FINALLY, treated like a stroke patient with a heart condition. Thornton tried to make my Mother think he was her best friend, and then he totally turned on her, misdiagnosed her, and he is very lucky we did not sue him. It would've been difficult to prove the medication caused the stroke or we would have sued him for all he was worth.

When we had to take control of my Mom's medical decisions, we changed doctors. Dr. Thornton, did not even call to see how she was. I guess he was not her "best friend" after all.

BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR!! HE IS OUT FOR HIMSELF, NOT HIS PATIENTS.
HE LIKES TO 'SERVE' VERY OLD PEOPLE WHO HE CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF.

sandraw34
9/7/15

just type your question and an answer normally appears, good for unravelling those blood test reports

rainr1
8/26/15

good website, but better off visiting a real doctor anyway. You can research all you want but nobody except a real doctor in front of you is going to help you most

fredj31
8/25/15

The WebMD article on homeopathy http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/arnica is very misleading. It suggests that a homeopathic remedy can be effective. This is dangerous nonsense. It is accepted as fact in the medical profession that homeopathic remedies are inert and do not provide a benefit beyond that of palcebo

wiltk
8/14/15

I read the entry on asparagus. There coverage was confusing and contradictory. Does anyone with intelligence read what is written?

kelseyw4
8/11/15

I love this website, always super helpful and informative :)

alexandraf7
8/3/15

Every week of my pregnancy, tons of info + pics. Now that baby is one year have been consulting this site for different topics.

28 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Blanche, there is some good information about scoliosis on this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/scoliosis/article.htm Of course there are other sites but, this will give you answers to the questions you asked and, have good luck in your searching.

By Michael T.

Questions? Get answers from the WebMD staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WebMD