Review of WebMD

Tel: +1-866-788-3097
almakelly@webmd.com
2018 Customer choice award

HON Certified

WebMD complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health. HON is a non-profit dedicated to improving healthcare information online. For more information, please see the HON certification for WebMD.

marcianov
10/11/15

tienen un selecto comercio de calidad y seriedad en los productos de medicamentos y atención medica para los clientes, y eso se puede mejorar, una poco mas al cliente, y eso no solo depende de la empresa también depende de los clientes que no exigen la calidad y atención de la empresa o empresas, que están para servir a los pacientes...

jessical88
10/7/15

Love the information on this site. I visit it often.

marieb32
9/20/15

Always checking this site for questions. I have 2 very active boys who are always scratched, scrapt, bruised. I know when it's time to go to the hospital. As a matter of fact, both of them were at the ER one day a part. Helpful and handy.

tk25
9/14/15

Being a chronic pain patient for 17 years, I've experienced many pain doctors. Doctor Ozaktay is among the very best that I've ever had! He takes the time to accurately diagnose the problem areas, gets to know you personally and remembers you.

His front office is a disaster, but Dr. O more than makes up for the hassle. The Surgery Center that he works from is not in a good neighborhood, but the Pre-Op and Surgery Rooms are acceptable.

I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr O. If you live in the Fort Lauderdale or surrounding areas, he is the best. I drive 70 miles each way to see him.

dianed29
9/10/15

Dr. Mark Thornton owns a "Designer" Medical Practice in which he charges so much extra per year for patients to have "24/7" access to him. My parents used him for the last 5 years of each of their lives. He made them feel like he had their best interests at heart, but as it turned out, he did not!

He put my father on an antipsychotic drug when he had Alzheimer's Disease. The drug did not agree with him and he started having dilutions that my mother had committed suicide, even when he could see her. I called Dr. Thornton's office for my Mom to let them know the side effects the drug was having. When I got hold of Dr. Thornton, he hung up on me and immediately called my mom to tell her that I was "rude" to him. I was simple relaying information for my mother.

He also treated the 95 year old mother of a friend of mine. When the caregiving child called with questions, he was treated very rudely. This is typical of his behavior to children of his patients who are very old.

He tries to make his very old patients feel like he is their best friend, but when it came down to life and death decision in our case, his actions were unprofessional, and our family thinks he caused harm to our mother. He turns on his patients and does what is easiest for him, which in our cases with both parents, involved putting them on antipsychotic drugs. In my father's case, it contributed to seizures, and made his delusions MUCH worse.

My mothers case was much worse.
First of all, her caregiver and I called his office to see if Dr. Thorntan could make a house call (which he said he would do) when my mother was too weak to get out of bed so we could take her to his office. The nurse responded. We could not even get the message to him as he was out of town, as usual.

My Mom was then misdiagnosed. She had a minor stroke but it was not diagnosed, and there was just some speech damage. Thornton put her in the hospital, not on the stroke floor, where vitals are checked every few minutes, but on a regular floor. He prescribed the same antipsychotic that had messed up my Dad, Zyprexa, to my Mom, who had a heart condition. It is contra indicated for those with heart disease. Anyone can clearly see this by Googling the drug for information on the internet. My mother was a heart patient, as well, having suffered a minor heart attack many years ago and having stints put in.

After Mark Thornton prescribed Zyprexa, my mom was unconscious for 26 hours, and when she awoke, she was a totally different person, having obviously suffered another stroke that left her without her faculties. We still don't know if she would've suffered the more massive stroke if she had been responsibly diagnosed and cared for. She was then, FINALLY, treated like a stroke patient with a heart condition. Thornton tried to make my Mother think he was her best friend, and then he totally turned on her, misdiagnosed her, and he is very lucky we did not sue him. It would've been difficult to prove the medication caused the stroke or we would have sued him for all he was worth.

When we had to take control of my Mom's medical decisions, we changed doctors. Dr. Thornton, did not even call to see how she was. I guess he was not her "best friend" after all.

BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR!! HE IS OUT FOR HIMSELF, NOT HIS PATIENTS.
HE LIKES TO 'SERVE' VERY OLD PEOPLE WHO HE CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF.

sandraw34
9/7/15

just type your question and an answer normally appears, good for unravelling those blood test reports

rainr1
8/26/15

good website, but better off visiting a real doctor anyway. You can research all you want but nobody except a real doctor in front of you is going to help you most

fredj31
8/25/15

The WebMD article on homeopathy http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/arnica is very misleading. It suggests that a homeopathic remedy can be effective. This is dangerous nonsense. It is accepted as fact in the medical profession that homeopathic remedies are inert and do not provide a benefit beyond that of palcebo

wiltk
8/14/15

I read the entry on asparagus. There coverage was confusing and contradictory. Does anyone with intelligence read what is written?

kelseyw4
8/11/15

I love this website, always super helpful and informative :)

alexandraf7
8/3/15

Every week of my pregnancy, tons of info + pics. Now that baby is one year have been consulting this site for different topics.

caroll40
7/27/15

Been to WEB MD many times with questions about my own body and those of loved ones. Always had easy to understand information. Many doctors (live-not online) try to discourage their patients from seeking info online, but I have found that WEB MD's info isn't worst-case-scenario-first info, but level-headed facts or opinions. Of course, depending upon what info you put in their search engine, the results could differ. I consider it to be top-of-the-line in medical information provided online.

deborahk22
7/26/15

Have found this site to be a reputable informational site for medical questions. So far.

stane5
7/20/15

I use WebMD-website, regularly, it seems to provide good information, BUT 8 out of 10 times..... of visiting the Site: I receive JUNK/SPAM. my computer Always-notifies me, so
I keep using the Site. I should mention, that my PCP (doctor) says: do not trust this site. stan

tobyg12
7/9/15

Dr James Gregory is the one to go to if you want no care or concern. He is available for same day appointments because I guess the word is out on his approach. My stoic fit 92 year old mother was exposed to his brand of first do harm medicine. She arrived with what she told him was 12 pain on 1-10 scale. We had to fight for two days to get Tylenol with codeine. Because his "policy is no pain Rx unless you have surgery." It took ten phone calls. His complete indifference, his no rush order of MRI that then did not image the spine, let me count the ways. . I only wish we could rate him Negative 5. He does not deserve a one rating. Cannot understand why he chose medicine as a profession. He is a perfect bureaucrat in some hellish office. I can only hope that his karma is he encounters the same care he did not give to my fabulous mother when he too has 12 point pain on a 10 point scale. His speciality is elbows. And he is smugly a year out of medical school. It was a devastating experience to be his patient. My mother has multiple hairline fractures of the lumbar spine. He imaged the hip. And it took a week to image the correct area. Guess that is what an elbow specialist can do. Run from this guy.

robtf5
7/2/15

Every year this site gets closer and closer to being completely useless. I do think they can turn this around and fix things because they obviously have tons of information, but they need to really get somebody new to handle how they run their website. Many years ago this was the GO TO place for health information on the internet -- now it's ...well, just about useless.

leea66
6/24/15

i go here and try their methods when i think i got something and sometimes they help a lot.

patricka25
6/16/15

A few days ago I was experiencing some abdominal pain thinking it may have been bad gas, or something bad I ate it wasn't given much thought. When it wasn't getting any better I looked up my symptoms on the "Symptom Checker" on WebMD. Within just a few clicks of the symptoms I was experiencing at the time it said to seek medical attention right away! Then I drove myself to the local ER where I learned that I had appendicitis and had to have my appendix removed if I had not it would have been too late.
Thanks, WebMD

justinc51
6/3/15

Not only highly educational, they also have great refrences.

barbarad29
5/26/15

I always refer to their site when I am looking for answers to my health care questions. I found their website interesting and informative.

vincentm32
5/26/15

The first thing you should remember is,there's no substitute for real medical care from your own health care provider. Web MD is for a reference point to help us better understand medical problems and procedures.

angelab47
5/14/15

Dr Jeffery Martin Dermatology Associates
407 S 4th St
Gadsden, AL 35901
His office staff extremely RUDE! I offered to pay cash up front for my 29 year old daughter to be examined for possible skin cancer. Me a concerned mom! I was told he don't accept ANY patients that are not covered by health insurance. Due to Obama care she has extremely poor health insurance and is reluctant to get medical attention. I'm able to afford to pay out of pocket but this Jerk won't see her!!

carolew8
5/12/15

I've used Web MD for several years now to begin researching medical issues, conditions, and treatments. Serious reactions to some prescriptions brought me there. It's difficult for a lay person to read peer reviewed medical articles without a strong background, so I begin with these folks. I check out the abstracts for some of the bibliographies for leads to more detailed information. Sometimes this highlights questions I've overlooked.Their herbal info is pretty good as are their write-ups on pharmaceuticals.

terryf17
5/12/15

It has info on all things, but after reading for a while I feel like I had all the symptoms of major disorders like ADHD, Stress, Anger. I got confused and closed it right away.

krystas1
5/11/15

It's still a good place to go for information but I find its becoming overrun with ads. I kind of miss the "old WebMd" - more about information and less about pushing product.

28 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Blanche, there is some good information about scoliosis on this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/scoliosis/article.htm Of course there are other sites but, this will give you answers to the questions you asked and, have good luck in your searching.

By Michael T.

Questions? Get answers from the WebMD staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WebMD