Review of WebMD

Tel: +1-866-788-3097
almakelly@webmd.com
2018 Customer choice award

HON Certified

WebMD complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health. HON is a non-profit dedicated to improving healthcare information online. For more information, please see the HON certification for WebMD.

nancyd126
6/13/17

As a nurse educator, I value the material WebMD has to offer. It is a site for critical thinking and research data for my on-line students. My students find this on-line website as a means to bring to the table (discussion group) interesting, and factual data for all students to explore. There are other sites my students also enjoy, but this is a website that is of interest for group discussions and factual information. My students take this information and find the data easier to display to their patients.

vincenzom15
6/10/17

Disappointing and biased.Franklly not useful. Contradicted by many clinical trials reports published on Pubmed.

hosamm
5/24/17

I recommend this web for any one needs medical informations by simple and clear way to understand.
With comparisons to others this is the best.

kimberlys79
5/5/17

I come from a medical family and am a healer myself. I love WebMD.

That said, I caution everyone to understand that WebMD isn't there looking and examining you and just because you have symptoms of X or Y doesn't mean the problem can't be P or T. Many problems have similar symptoms, and symptoms sometimes don't mean anything important. So self-diagnosis is not the best idea - for anyong - no matter what the problem or medical expertise level.

BUT, using WebMD for information gathering, for looking into symptoms to see what MIGHT be the problem, to educate oneself on general health and understanding of the human body. Absolutely unsurpassed in my book!!!

I especially enjoy the e-mail quizzes and the advice on improving overall health.

I also like that I can go to my doctor, fully informed on what might be the problem; find out what's actually wrong, and then go check on WebMd for options on treatment. The site often has some that even my physician doesn't know about - and many that are holistic and/or non-invasive.

This is a GREAT site that can help everyone be healthier.

karlottem
3/16/17

When I have problems with my health or I feel bad I always search for the information about my disease here. This is an excellent portal, where I always can find the trustworthy information about one or another illness or drug!

sherryc50
3/13/17

It is has been a while since I turned to WebMD for information about specific drug precautions, side effects and interactive effects. Wow, what a change a few years and millions of dollars in sponsored ads from the medical and pharmaceutical industry make!

Generalized information, legalese risk management language that merely sends knowledge seekers back to an MD or pharmacist for information, and disclaimers. "Tell your doctor if you have a history of kidney disease" was informative, but showed up on one page re interactive effects, not a word about kidney issues on precautions or side effects! No science, no links to abstracts, research, NOTHING. A bunch of tabs, the most useful of which were the customer reviews. Only THERE might a consumer get a a clue that there are many side effects. Reading the dumbed down, "keep your advertisers" happy content, one is left to believe a side effect is an extremely rare occurrence. Another great mission sold out. Very sad.

lindab321
3/6/17

This site has always provided excellent information in an easy to browse format. If you are unable to get to a doctor right away, you can find potential home remedies and information that will assist you when you do visit the doctor. Love it.

annas200
3/4/17

Delivery driver was very nice and came right on time. The product is exactly as shown and good quality.The quality of furniture is outstanding. Convinced our friends to visit one of your showrooms - they made a purchase as well!.There is no other store like sitejabber. sitejabber is one of the best online store..I had a great experience! Thank you!

Tip for consumers: There is no other store like sitejabber

carole77
2/14/17

my roommate logged on here to do a quiz and ads kept popping up and the page kept changing. also, when I tried to do a quiz, I could not understand the format.

brennan23
2/13/17

A very helpful site, my only complaint is that they give too much information.

Go looking for the symptoms of an upset stomach and go away feeling as though you have something seriously wrong with you.

leelap
1/31/17

This is a valuable website where you can get information about health related questions. It is easy to navigate and they have a good customer service.

sharisep
1/5/17

Well informed when I read their articles. Engaging reading and well researched

heatherh80
1/1/17

The information provided is simple yet thorough. It is comprehensive, easy to navigate and readily available. I like that suggestions for further personal research are also provided.

rodrigod5
12/22/16

I often go to WebMD if I have an ailment I'm unsure what it is. The symptom checker is quite handy and I love how detailed and clear the information is. Clear enough that I even can understand it.

alohag
12/20/16

Yes, you will be able to find information but it is so full of ads that it has become distracting and cumbersome to use. Because of all the ads, there is not a lot of content on a page. You have to keep moving to the next page. It also seems like the articles have gotten shorter. They have a pop up box for a survey that is so annoying. If I mark no it freezes my screen. Sent an email but never got a response. I now go to other sites first.

rosemarier5
12/15/16

I constantly use this website for information on medical issues and medication information. It gives slideshows, offers advice on both medical issues and medications. It's a great website for suggested questions to ask your doctor before an office visit if your concerned about a particular problem. And offer quizzes to see how much you know about different illnesses and how to get help for them. Great site !!

deeptij1
12/8/16

I often go to this site for any disease query and believe me, its an excellent site to improve your knowledge about any stuffs related to medicals.

cindym124
11/10/16

Love getting these health & wellness emails so informative & helpful right at your fingertips!

hoper11
11/6/16

Useful site for quick reference of health issues.

kevinb187
11/1/16

Good information on your site! Can't recall the name of the condition on my legs but I'm sure your site has the details on it, as it does with many others! Good stuff!

katherinee9
10/28/16

I came across this review site and its by far the most truthful and Honest reviews. No paying or giving product for better reviews or only keeping up positive ones! They cover all walks of life and every website, or businesses out their! I always check out the reviews on here to help me decide t use or do business with a retailers/websites/businesses. Keep up the great work guys!!

pamelam71
10/11/16

Love it, so much helpful health information on every health issue you have, you think you might have or you think you might get in the future. Honestly if you are concerned about YOU you must read these wonderful insightful articles in WebMD.

johnh600
10/11/16

No matter what I type for symptoms it always say I either have aids or cancer. Stop trying to kill me with diseases webmd.

loun9
10/2/16

Im going out on a limb here but I suspect this site is in cahoots with big pharma and ironically I did read something about this online but cant confirm its true but you just never know. Its a decent site but its kind of odd that a few of the drug reviews listed started off with the highest rated category/use for the drug but not all of them so the jury is still out. Natural supplements are reviewed as well but maybe they dont get the same respect since big pharma does have a bunch of money and clout. Personally, I think meds should be rated lowest to highest so you know the worst case scenario, because I nearly died from careless prescribing of meds and its kind of ruined my life.

lindap131
9/20/16

WebMD "speaks so a non medical person can understand. I love the pill id, I like to just scan hot topics and there are so many subjects of interest. I use it a lot for simple questions, God and the doctor are called on when needed and now there's WebMD>

28 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Blanche, there is some good information about scoliosis on this website: http://www.medicinenet.com/scoliosis/article.htm Of course there are other sites but, this will give you answers to the questions you asked and, have good luck in your searching.

By Michael T.

Questions? Get answers from the WebMD staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WebMD