Review of FamilyTime

Tel: +1(866)-355-0307
support@familytime.io

shaip2
5/5/17
My 13-year-old got addicted to her new smartphone. She was always playing games or chatting with her friends. As a result, she neglected her homework and her sleep also got disturbed. Taking her phone away resulted in aggression. Finally, we found a midway solution. She has to oblige by the screen limits we use and she can have her phone. FT screen time limits are my life saver!
lauras232
5/4/17
I signed up and realized it wasn't a product I needed quite yet for my 4 young kids. I cancelled on the first day within hours. The chat person "Olivia" hung up on me so I emailed and cancelled that day.

A month later a charge still was posted to my credit card. I emailed (since it is the ONLY way they communicate and chats are incredibly difficult to get a person through) and they said they couldn't refund my money because I applied for the discount and that voids any refund policy. I will be reporting them to the BBB.

I am so angry as a mom of 4 and teacher (17 years) that these people are scamming families out of their hard earned money.
simonh84
5/3/17
I am saying it is extraordinary because it has worked wonders for me. My sons school warned all the parents about the dangerous apps kids are using these days. I didnt know how to talk to my boy and keep a check on him without any fights. It turned out that he was using some unsafe apps. Thanks to FamilyTime that helps me check his mobile apps and block them too.
russellb57
4/25/17
This is a great parenting app. runs great on my phone. I can access it from my office computer too. Great for monitoring and keeping screen time in check. Mobile Geofence is a great way of knowing when they reach school and home while I am at the office. Definitely a handy app!
alext90
4/21/17
Great app with great features. Runs smoothly and I havent faced any major difficulties. The support staff is very helpful as well. Overall it is good and I recommend to all my friends and other parents.
stevec204
4/20/17
This amazing app is definitely gonna get five stars from me. I am a mother of two teens. Some time ago I struggled with my son sneaking out at night and it was very fearful for me. I tried many things but eventually, Geofence worked. Now I am aware of his whereabouts all the time. Not just that but also their online activity. Its a winner for me.
rileew
4/17/17
I have tried many parenting apps for my kids. FT is one of the best out there. It has multiple features and incredible chemistry. I love the interface too. It is clean and easy. The most useful tool for me is the location services. It keeps me connected with my three children all day long. Five stars for it.
jasont103
4/12/17
It is unbelievable how much FamilyTime has made my life easier. I used to worry so much about my daughters online activity and the mobile apps she uses on her smartphone. Thanks to this app that now I stay updated with her browsing and apps. It is a great way to keep kids away from adult and unsafe apps.
talyas1
4/11/17
FamilyTime is simply amazing. I have been using it for more than 2 months now and I dont have any complaints. The most useful feature for me is the screen time control. I set the locks for dinner and during my kids homework time. We have been regularly having device-free dinners and they finish their homework on time as well. Thanks!
hazelc22
4/6/17
In the past months, my daughter has been sneaking out at night. Thankfully we caught it and talked to her. But just talking did not work. Then I came across this app. I use the Geofence feature and now whenever she steps put of the house I can know. So this app has really worked for me. Thanks!
kristih18
4/6/17
As a mother who has dealt with extreme video gaming and fights, I say use this app. it is very effective to control addiction and allows you to block other apps. I am using it for my teens now and really grateful for it. Giving five stars.
derickc14
4/5/17
Digital addiction is real and bad. I know this because my sons started playing a lot of games and that is all they did. Their grades started falling and their health failed visibly. They were doing some sort of competition and just didnt stop when I told them too. I did a complete digital detox and now I keep their screen time under check with FamilyTime and block gaming apps that may cause trouble. It was difficult to do but we are there.
brk3
4/4/17
I have tried other apps for controlling my kid's screen time and FamilyTime is by far the best. I can manage the time just as I like and the locks are automated so I dont have to worry about that. I have never experienced a glitch, so for me, its just fine. I say all parents must give it a try. The app blocker and SMS monitoring are really helpful as well.
marial145
3/24/17
The free trial isn't free. They charge the card right away and despite contacting numerous times, the refund wasn't posted and they referred to refund policies which aren't clear even. Avoid this company as they are bunch of cheaters and scammers.
hershellebinnyb
3/21/17
I am a great supporter of digital parenting and believe that kids need guidance and supervision by the parents now more than ever. After looking and trying a lot of different apps I have found the perfect one. I am calling it the perfect one because it has a lot of different options. It is compatible with the latest technology and runs smoothly. Above all the customer support is efficient and responsive too. thumbs up!
arthurk34
3/4/17
Customer service / support is the worst! I installed on two iOS devices and it simply does not work. Advertised that you'll get a 3 day trial; false. On 3rd day I requested account to be terminated and refunded. FamilyTime REFUSES to refund my money. They falsely advertise a limited time offer with a 25% discount. As a result they claim this as an upgrade and therefore I do not get the 3 days free trial and you are charged instantly. Nowhere was this disclosed during the initial install process (not upgrade). As to installing on iOS here is what you can expect:

1. iOS features are not robust enough (currently using iPhone 6S on the latest iOS 10.2.1)
2. Upon further research it appears that in order to get parity to the Android features they offer one must jailbreak their device.
3. Even if jail broke FamilyTime does not offer features comparative to their Android offering (read features carefully)
4. Location services do not work for us. I am only tracking the device when its at my home even though we've geo-fenced their school via the settings
5. If location services do not work for us then SOS and Pickup features cannot possibly work
6. I cannot see how much time my kids are spending per application
7. I cannot monitor text
8. I cannot monitor call log
9. I cannot monitor e-mails
10. I cannot add specific time frames (approved usage time) to specific applications

In summary FamilyTime for iOS does not meet the needs for a complete Parental control solution.

Do not make the same mistake as I did. FamilyTime is a company that misleads its users, falsely advertises, has extremely poor customer service, is a weak iOS solution and is by far the WORSE parental control application! Look for another solution.
kirkh28
3/3/17
The app turned my phone into a remote control of my teen's device. It is not just fun using the app, but it is equally beneficial too. I can now save my teen from the problems he was facing especially the sleepliness. Keep progressing!
karend154
3/3/17
I am sorely disappointed with this app. It does not do what their website says. It was a complete nightmare to set up and install. It worked ok for the first few days on my sons Android, but after an update has stopped working and is locking his device when it shouldn't. It doesn't lock the iPad, like their website says it does, it just blocks certain apps. And leaves Sky Go kids accessible, so defeats the whole object of switching off access!!! my kids aren't old enough to know about work arounds, but I wasn't surprised to read that older kids have managed it. Their advertised 24/7 support is a lie, they are NOT available 24/7. You're lucky if you get someone during working hours even.
I wish I'd found this site before downloading it!
Don't believe the positive reviews.
nickm121
3/2/17
My search has finally got to the right result. FamilyTime is really a nice app that has so many features and the best part is that all these features work actually :P. I tried several other parental apps too, but those were lacking in one way or the other. I really like its screen lock option that can be done in two ways auto and manually. Highly recommended!
kimp108
2/27/17
The app finally offers a way to really monitor our kids usage. Our kids are sneaky they maximize their game time by relying on Mom and Dad getting sidetracked when game time is over. This stops that, we can set times when they can and can't play as well as the amount of time they can play for the day. Our rule is once done, your done with the occasional extra few minutes for chores or good deeds (the app handles that too)
tymals
2/24/17
Asking your kids again and again to leave their device and focus on activities they are engaged in is really annoying and it usually doesn't work as kids find it hard to listen o you when they have are playing their favorite games or are chatting with their friends. So yes, the app works really well as you can either put an auto lock on their device or can do it remotely. Thumbs up for FamilyTime app!
aldrichb
2/23/17
Good to have this app on my phone. I selected this app to keep track of my kids' locations, not just in the real time, but for the past few months too as I am a working mother and it is really difficult to manage kids and work both at the same time but the FamilyTime app, I now have peace of mind as I am always there for my kids.
emilyb121
2/20/17
They will keep you around until the card is charged. The app does not function well. My kids were easily able to bypass the security with just few taps. Don't waste your money on it.
markk117
2/15/17
This app is my kids' guard. It keeps me informed of my kids activities and enables me to take needed controls to keep them safe not just in the real world but in the cyber space too. I really like suing the app. It is simple and everything put in there is self explanatory.
billlm
2/7/17
No doubt we have moved into the true digital era and I am happy I found FamilyTime app as it helps me keep track of my kids digital activities from a distance.

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

According to my case, customer is the best so far and had answered my all questions very quickly and the agent was informative.

By Williams B.

No, they can't on android. And you can prevent your child from deleting the child app on iOS.

By HF C.

Most of the features work even device is on airplane mode.

By Williams B.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FamilyTime