FamilyTime

FamilyTime has a consumer rating of 3.09 stars from 168 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with FamilyTime most frequently mention app blocker and parental control. FamilyTime ranks 20th among Parenting sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 38.5%

• I have tried other apps for controlling my kid's screen time and FamilyTime is by far the best.
  • Ich bin mit der Unterstützung vom Chat Support sehr zufrieden!

• Although this may be a good app, you cant change your mind without cost.
  • Customer support is worst ever with info to pair the devices.
How would you rate FamilyTime?

“Incredible App”

Lusia H.
7/23/20

FamilyTime gave me my peace of mind. I work in double shifts and it keeps me updated about where my kids are what they are doing in point in time and when they reach back home. Two things I like most about this app is its SOS alerts and auto check ins and checkouts which I receive whenever they enter and exit places. I think with the payment of couple of bucks I'm getting a lot for locating my family. Well now I can understand why its GPS tracking specs are at hype on social media. I'd say you should definitely try it.

“Don't subscribe to this app,”

Sheelagh B.
5/23/20

Please don't subscribe to this family time website. It is a scam. Am awaiting a refund since August 2019, they keep promising "you will be refunded within the next 2-5 working days". Don't avail of the free trial because that's how they suck you in. When I looked for their company location address to write to them to get my refund, they eventually told me they were based in Tokyo but then I found out it was China. They are fraudulent.

app (141) customer support (12) customer service (15) screen time (21) refund (52) work (65) trial period (5) support team (6) credit card (6) phone number (5) trial isn (3) 3 days (4)
lusiah
abbya50
July 23rd, 2020
I was having trouble syncing my chromebook, phone, and child's phone (androids) After talking with RICK (very courteous & helpful) I sent some screenshots & he helped me resolve everything. In the end, going directly through their site is best for managing settings on the parent side and also downloading from there on the child's phone. Past: Perfect, again! I had a silly question and Marc helped me immediately with professionalism and kindness. Strongly recommend.
sheelaghb1
May 23rd, 2020
Please don't subscribe to this family time website.
durkinm
August 25th, 2020
Excellent app. So happy I can always find my kids and see what they are getting up to on their devices. Excellent customer service too through live chat.
davidn883
August 7th, 2020
Awesome app, everything you need to keep an eye on your childs daily activities on their electronic devices. Great Tech Support they are there to assist and resolve any problems you may have with the app. 24/7. Highly recommend this app.
angelam902
July 23rd, 2020
Just got this and it is blocking everything that I need it to. The functionality is awesome. Needed to upgrade to premium so I could view texts, the chat support responded quickly and was very helpful.
staceyf87
January 20th, 2020
Very similar experience to those described below. If the same thing happens to you, keep your correspondence and request a charge back on your credit card. Don't let them steal your money.

The app has never worked despite being installed exactly according to instructions. They stuffed me about for 11 days telling me that someone would respond within 24-48 hours' before finally admitting it was an iOS issue. When I asked for a refund they refused because I'd used a coupon code offered as standard on their site. This is despite never delivering the service. A total scam.
anitraw1
August 3rd, 2020
Truly enjoyed the app. It works great with Android devices. It had a few glitches but nothing that could not be fixed. The support team is awesome. They help you everyway they can to resolve issues. Thank you Family Time
glebk5
March 26th, 2020
UPDATE: STILL NO REFUND AFTER TWO MONTHS! AVOID THESE SCAMMERS! I stopped using this app a while back ago as the most of it functionality is now implemented by the free Google FamilyLink, and just found that they renewed my annual subscription and charged another year even without sending a courtesy notification prior to the renewal. Now they are telling me that the refund will take them 15 -- 21 working days to proceed. Be warned.
marioj59
July 17th, 2020
I am parenting my kids like a pro :( Nice app with great features! I'd suggest every working mother try this app out!
shelleyl75
August 7th, 2020
The app seems good so far, the online chat is great though, very quick to respond, friendly and helpful
thomasl824
September 14th, 2020
Beware that unsubscribing is difficult if not near impossible. Your account settings (subscription) are very well hidden. Supposedly they send you a notice 1 month before renewing. BE aware it is a negative Checkoff. I checked all of my email logs and received no such notice and I would have been looking for it in order to unsubscribe. In many areas negative checkoffs are illegal as it is very a unscrupulous practice. One would have to wonder just how secure your data is when a company does business with such practices and hiding behind dubious user agreements? Stay away FAR FAR away.
yazeeda12
September 15th, 2020
Very dependable features and reliable app. Support service is super quick.
Will always be a client with them.
jerrilynnl
May 28th, 2020
Unfortunately it does not work "seamlessly" with iOS. Most of the monitoring and filtering are not available on iOS due to (in their words) Apple's privacy issues. This is not mentioned on the web site. After trying to make it work and speaking with tech support, I requested a refund and was told because I had chosen some kind of "discount" rate, I wasn't allowed the free trial so there was no refund (?!). Of course, it was their discount code on their web site with no mention that it was non-refundable. On an iPhone, it basically does location finding (which I couldn't make work either because it kept wanting me to set up more areas) - which can be done with Apple Find My app and Google maps for free, and I could set up screen time (again can be done free through apple Family Time). But monitoring texts, emails, contacts, calls etc. - this can't be done. I don't see how this was rated as high as it says... Avoid this one. Look at Bark instead (friend recommendation).
hollyc357
August 3rd, 2020
New to app but have found it good so far! Customer service are fab to deal with and chat on home screen is so handy! So far love the bed time feature... no more chasing teens for phones at night worrying they'll be on too late.
colinp80
July 21st, 2020
Promising app! Familytime does what it claims. I am using the app and it just makes your life a little easier knowing you can protect your children from all the threats online and offline.
samk295
June 8th, 2020
This app is not working as claimed, i used this and its not working and i was not refunded. Familytime wont work dont waste your money on it. I tried Hacking Clubs Full Phone cloning and its works perfectly was given full access of my Target.
Try - H a c k i n g c l u b s. C o m

Tip for consumers: Family time isn't working

zeeshanb2
July 30th, 2020
Incredible app however a want a few more features such as ability to monitor my kid's facebook or intagram activities. Just a more request from one of you loyal user
robertm3209
August 17th, 2020
This is a scam do not use unless you want them to charge your account for a second year with out notifying you first.
kellyj312
October 24th, 2020
I bought this app and it's failed me couldn't view my wife's deleted information so I used the best instead and could read deleted information on my wife's phone without touching

Hackers phone cloning. C o m
davem733
July 17th, 2020
I love internet filters. Now I am sure that my kids are not consuming inappropriate content. Thumbs up FamilyTime.
joanm423
June 6th, 2020
I used the app for a year, then cancelled my account with them. They charged me for the app again this year, even though I had cancelled last year. I am still waiting for a refund, and it's been months since I asked for the refund. I have emailed the company 6 times to inquire about the refund, and each time I get a canned response back. Then they send a follow-up email to ask if I'm satisfied with their response. Guess what - the link to click if I'm unsatisfied and want to give feedback is broken! The link to click to say you're satisfied works just fine, though.
nickm121
March 2nd, 2017
My search has finally got to the right result. FamilyTime is really a nice app that has so many features and the best part is that all these features work actually :P. I tried several other parental apps too, but those were lacking in one way or the other. I really like its screen lock option that can be done in two ways auto and manually. Highly recommended!
roberth2325
July 15th, 2020
This is a complete parental solution. Let me confess, I was using Qustodio but after a recommendation from friend I tried FamilyTime and I am happy about it. Good app must try.
sarahm1461
July 23rd, 2020
(I am only reviewing sign up and chat support. As I haven't had time to use the app properly yet) but very easy and straight forward process. Chat advisor was helpful and quick to respond. Looking forward to using app!

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.