Review of FamilyTime

Tel: +1(866)-355-0307
support@familytime.io

sandran126
9/17/19

The app did not work at all. Despite many interactions Family Time kept saying to use bug fixes. After 2 days they would not refund my money as they said I got a premium package. Literally threw $40 in the garbage. Awful company. Find another way to protect your kids as I believe this is a scam.

antoniov30
9/3/19

This app does NOT work and does especially does not work properly with IPhones. When trying to request a refund for an app i never even used due to nonfunctionality i was denied due to them offering a discount when i purchased the app. This is just a Scam app dont be fooled!

Tip for consumers: Dont use this site!

pedrob65
8/27/19

I purchased the App on 8/25 and have had issues from the beginning. The company does not provide a number to call so any questions would be done through messages. I contacted them for 3 days to check on the progress of my issues. I received a bunch of generic responses to "restart" my device as well as my child's device. Nothing worked! Today, someone finally said that the App does not fully work with IOS systems. I requested a refund and they declined the refund because I "had availed the (CS30) discount offer. we cannot offer you a refund due to Upgrade that means (CS30) discount offer". So, because I purchased it at a discount, I was not eligible to get a refund. DO NOT PURCHASE!!!!!!!!

michaels2434
7/30/19

This app is very helpful. The features are excellent in allowing family to stay in touch and be safe. This app provides a level of security that gives the user peace of mind.

jessicaf226
7/30/19

I can see exactly where my kids are, block any apps I don't want them to use (a feature I am in and out of multiple times a day) monitor calls and texts, and tons of other stuff! Plus they have fantastic customer service!! After trying multiple parental control apps I liked this one the most. It is on all my kid's phones. I would highly recommend it!

gevav
7/24/19

Same disgusting experience for me as for many others. It's months that I'm running after the money they took from me even though I cancelled the app in time and they assured me everything was fine (I already had my doubts because I kept getting emails). First 21-15 days to process my refund, after that a week, now THREE times in a row this: please give us one last chance to resolve your issue, the billing manager himself is taking care of it, you will be refunded within 24 hours". Asking for the managers name they just give out random names that are not coinciding. And today the absolute highlight: "You will be refunded when you cancel your negative review on Google Play Store" THIS IS STEALING AND BLACKMAILING. STAY AWAY FROM THIS, EVEN THE SUPPOSED FREE TRIAL PERIOD

lawrenceg72
7/21/19

By the description, looked like a great app. But in a course of a few days I experienced so many annoying issues. For example, geolocation didn't work as it should. My location always showed me located in a different city. Although my kids were in the same location, they were always shown very far away from each other. I was instructed to uninstall the kids app from the Google Play store and reinstall it from thier site.
I subscribed to them due to a 40% fourth of July discount.
After a few days of struggling with the app, I contacted thier support team and asked if they have a 30 day money guerentee policy. The reply was yes, and that I should send a request to thier billing team.
After not hear back from them for several days, I reached out to them again. They attempted to avoid the issue, by asking what the issue is and that they can help. They said that I can cancel if I wish.
I replied that I wish to cancel and receive a refund.
I just received a response, that because I used the 40% discounts, I am not entitled to a refund!

heathers463
7/6/19

child kept being able to uninstall app without it even notifying me of it happening. Such a waste of money and if your child is smart enough to disable it (which turns out isn't hard) it is utterly useless

lisaf407
6/27/19

This app's a joke. It's the kind of app that I would download for free from the App store and then delete it because it didn't have enough interesting features. But guess what? You have to pay to use FamilyTime. Not that I had been looking for some freeware but this certainly doesn't deserve the hundreds of dollars that you pay them. I switched to Xnspy soon after my subscription ended with Family time. I am still learning what my new spyware has to offer but so far, it's good. Lots of features. Low monthly payments. I like it!

claytons45
6/21/19
• Updated review

They will promise you refunds and tell you it has been escalated, but it is all lies. I cannot emphasize enough how much you want to avoid this company.

“One star only because zero stars not an option”
• Previous review

Got this for my son's XR. Phone immediately became unstable. Contacted the. Company, who then told me it was a know issue. Asked for refund. Because I got it on some special promotion, they would only refund half my money. That was promised to me 2.5 months and 10 emails ago. Guess what, still no refund. Skip the hassle and avoid this app at all costs.

iljad
6/19/19

Opgelet want niet alle beperkingen staan duidelijk vermeld. Staan ook niet open voor teruggave geld.
Enkele problemen:
- Bij limited screen time gaan de apps weg op gekozen tijdstip, maar komen pas terug na paar uur gekozen tijdstip. De apps staan ook niet meer mooi in mapjes, maar los op je scherm. Je kan bedtime limits niet samen met app blocker gebruiken, dus deel van de opties valt weg.
- Geolocatie werkt totaal niet. Blijft dagen hangen op eenzelfde locatie. Je kan ook geen geschiedenis van plaatsen of locaties zien. Werkt volgens hen enkel als beide toestellen meer dan 100m verwijderd zijn van elkaar.
- App moet steeds open blijven of op achtergrond draaien of je krijgt geen informatie. Vreet energie.
- Klantendienst schuift alles op lange baan. Telkens andere medewerker die steeds met zelfde standaardinfo komt zonder de hulpvraag echt te lezen.
- Technische dienst ging twee maal binnen 48 uur contact opnemen... na weken nog niets gehoord.

+ enige dat ik kan zien zijn de contacten van andere toestel... en dat hoeft niet voor mij.

Doet dus helemaal niet wat het belooft... vals veiligheidsgevoel.
Ik twijfel of de ontwikkelaars weten waar ze mee bezig zijn.

Intussen contact opgenomen met live chat zoals ontwikkelaar vroeg. Blijkt soort heen en weer gemail te zijn, je krijgt niet meteen antwoord. Daar kreeg ik reeds 5 verschillende medewerkers aan het woord, aan wie ik telkens opnieuw alles moest uitleggen. Steeds dezelfde standaard antwoorden. Na 2 maanden toch reactie dat ze geld gingen terugstorten. En dan nog een maand dat terugstortprocedure in laatste fase zit, nog 48 uur,...
Nu dus 3 maanden later en nog geen terugstorting gekregen. Enkel valse beloftes. Oplichters dus...

lucas41
5/31/19

This app is completely useless, because it's too easy to uninstall. It took 2 days to my daughter to learn how to uninstall it; she is 13 and she is no russian hacker.
What's the point of a parental control app if it gets uninstalled so easily?
Support really answers 24/7 but the quality of the support is really poor and they never solved my issues.
I canceled my premium subscription and asked for a refund, which they granted me, but I never saw a penny. In the last 3 months I have been writing to them every 2 or 3 days and they keep telling me that my refund is in the last stage of the process. This is going on for 3 months now... and I feel they are making fun of me.
They refused to give me the address of their registered office and the name of a legal representative of their company. Ask yourself why.
There is no such information on their web site either.
My advice is stay away from these people.

charlesl296
5/17/19

I was disappointed with the outcome of using this app. My teenage daughter spends way too much time busy texting on her mobile device constantly and consistently these days as i also noticed the sudden change in behaviour. I wanted to find out exactly what she has been up to lately and the only way to find out was to be able to spy and monitor
all what she does and all activities happening in her mobile device. As a parent, i deserve to know what was really going wrong. I thought using this app would be able to get all that done for me but unfortunately it appeared not. I spoke with a close friend who i could confide with about the issue and she advised me to hire the services of a professional spy/hack expert; she was so particular about this specific hack expert [HACK.WIZZ1 AT GMAIL. COM] which had previously been of great help to her before. I decided to get in touch with [HACK.WIZZ1 AT GMAIL. COM] and he was able to proceed on the service. He got back to me about 26 hours later and said the job was done, i was amazed how he got it done quite fast. Afterwards he granted me unlimited and full real-time access to see and monitor absolutely everything going on in my daughters phone as all was made visible to me securely. I was able to monitor and trace her exact GPS location, all her social media activities, who she speaks to on the call, all her texts and chats; absolutely everything i had access to. I was relieved knowing fully well that whatever she might be up to i would get to know and find out and it would not be done without me getting to know about it. [HACK.WIZZ1 AT GMAIL. COM] is the best.

scottb732
5/12/19

My kids complained of the app and not because it limited facetime when it was supposed to but because it would often not turn back on when their free time was scheduled. We stopped using it after a couple months, but had a whole year subscription.
10 days before it was to renew, I sent instruction to cancel, got confirmation, but was charged another year anyway. I requested refund and was told I would receive it in 15-20 days. I again requested refund, and they said it would be 4-5 days. Lies. Another 20 days later they stated they refund was processing, but it wasn't. If you get this app, they will never release you from subscription!
I finally involved Discover Card and they immediately processed my dispute and refund. I recommend Discover! Stay away from Family Time!

paula392
5/7/19

I was really stressed about my 15-year-old getting involved in sexting. There is too much pressure in schools these day that kids don't realize how bad it can be. With FamilyTime monitoring and blocking I am much less stressed now.

johnnyb144
Johnny B.
5/5/19

Sms tracking and internet filters feature is really good to me. I love this app because it is providing me all the features I have needed.

alans344
4/28/19

Awesome way to set parameters for children's use of screen time, track their whereabouts and once it's set, you only have to adjust when needed. Very easy to monitor.

hfc
4/28/19

This App is brilliant. It runs smoothly and provides all the basic security features I need. The premium version gives more in less money as compared to other parental control apps out there. Lessens your worries whenever your kids are out and about. This app has survived one phone upgrade to software releases and countless attempts by my children to bypass the app.

samia44
4/28/19

Best Parental Controls app to monitor kids on both Android and iOS devices. You can locate your child, monitor their text messages and calls, filter web search and can limit their screen time usage.

williamsb25
4/28/19

I am specially using FamilyTime app to block unwanted apps on my kid's mobile. I can keep track all wanted activities of my kid's mobile and can use web filters to keep my child away from inappropriate websites. Good Advanced Parental Control app.

toric15
4/28/19

I am super dad and it's really difficult for me to keep check on my kids. Familytime advanced features solve all my problems single handedly. I can set my kids app usage, dinner time, homework time, etc. Their amazing location tracking feature always give me the exact location of my kids. I am very happy with familytime app.

amandalac
4/27/19

Actually, I'm using this application and the reason for giving 5 stars is that I've got its customer support very good.

aleb7
4/25/19

I signed up for FamilyTime in January based on some of the reviews I saw online but I guess these good reviews were posted by the employees. First of all, I signed up for a trial and from the first day, the app did not work properly so I cancelled my trial. Well, the company still went ahead and billed me for, basically nothing. I have been going back and forth with them since then and they still cannot give me my refund. They keep putting it off and I don't know when I'll get it, but I will not give up. This company is a complete joke. They claim their functionality is amazing and the app does nothing close to what they claim. Their customer support is very bad too - not even a phone number to call, everything is done through chat, you cannot speak to a manager and basically once they take your money, you're out of luck. Please stay away from this app.

haniyas
4/12/19

When I heard my friend, I did not consider it much earlier, but after seeing that I installed it and surprised after using it, you could control it all easily. You can also use this application to control children

kellyg228
4/10/19

I was sick off complaints I received from my son's school. Despite that he demanded me more time for tab for studies related research, his teachers told me that he didnot show interest in his studies and was being dumb day by day. And one day I knew that he bunked from his school. It was really alarming and downloaded FamilyTime to track my his activities. I blocked bad sites and also set a specific time for his screen usage. When he didnot find irrelevant sites he ultimately started working on his assignments more further it let me remain updated about his location all the time.

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

According to my case, customer is the best so far and had answered my all questions very quickly and the agent was informative.

By Williams B.

No, they can't on android. And you can prevent your child from deleting the child app on iOS.

By HF C.

Most of the features work even device is on airplane mode.

By Williams B.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FamilyTime