FamilyTime

FamilyTime has a consumer rating of 3.3 stars from 205 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with FamilyTime most frequently mention chat support, app blocker and parental control. FamilyTime ranks 20th among Parenting sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 84.8%

• I have tried other apps for controlling my kid's screen time and FamilyTime is by far the best.
  • Ich bin mit der Unterstützung vom Chat Support sehr zufrieden!

• Although this may be a good app, you cant change your mind without cost.
  • Customer support is worst ever with info to pair the devices.
How would you rate FamilyTime?

“Incredible App”

Lusia H.
7/23/20

FamilyTime gave me my peace of mind. I work in double shifts and it keeps me updated about where my kids are what they are doing in point in time and when they reach back home. Two things I like most about this app is its SOS alerts and auto check ins and checkouts which I receive whenever they enter and exit places. I think with the payment of couple of bucks I'm getting a lot for locating my family. Well now I can understand why its GPS tracking specs are at hype on social media. I'd say you should definitely try it.

“App does not do as it says”

Daniel D.
3/18/21

I purchased a premium version of the app because it promised features that it does not have once I installed the premium version I quickly realized it did not have the features that it said it did I submitted a request to cancel and was told no I could not get a refund because of a holiday promotion when I made my purchase. Beware of the software make sure you're 100% sure this is what you need does not work well with Apple products.

app (141) customer support (12) customer service (15) screen time (21) refund (52) work (65) trial period (5) support team (6) credit card (6) phone number (5) trial isn (3) 3 days (4)
lusiah
July 23rd, 2020

christinak323
September 8th, 2021

Read that it works between parent's Droid and child's I-phone. None of the functions the app provides are displayed... specifically monitoring messages. The reports list nothing, just say the log isn't available. While traveling with my child the locator didn't update and had their phone location several states away. I requested a refund and was told it would take 15-21 working days... after a handful of follow up emails with this company past this period I still haven't received a refund... 2 1/2 months later. I've been strung along and told "not to worry about it".

Tip for consumers:
DOESN'T WORK AND WON'T REFUND.

carrieb278
October 28th, 2020

Very useful tool to eliminate conflict around usage. Chat support is amazing. Instead of asking for the phone, I just tell them I am turning it off.

danield1200
March 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

Products used:
Family time

sheelaghb1
May 23rd, 2020

Please don't subscribe to this family time website.
It is a scam. Am awaiting a refund since August 2019, they keep promising "you will be refunded within the next 2-5 working days". Don't avail of the free trial because that's how they suck you in. When I looked for their company location address to write to them to get my refund, they eventually told me they were based in Tokyo but then I found out it was China. They are fraudulent.

abbya50
July 23rd, 2020

I was having trouble syncing my chromebook, phone, and child's phone (androids) After talking with RICK (very courteous & helpful) I sent some screenshots & he helped me resolve everything. In the end, going directly through their site is best for managing settings on the parent side and also downloading from there on the child's phone. Past: Perfect, again! I had a silly question and Marc helped me immediately with professionalism and kindness. Strongly recommend.

durkinm
August 25th, 2020

Excellent app. So happy I can always find my kids and see what they are getting up to on their devices. Excellent customer service too through live chat.

staceyf87
January 20th, 2020

Very similar experience to those described below. If the same thing happens to you, keep your correspondence and request a charge back on your credit card. Don't let them steal your money.

The app has never worked despite being installed exactly according to instructions. They stuffed me about for 11 days telling me that someone would respond within 24-48 hours' before finally admitting it was an iOS issue. When I asked for a refund they refused because I'd used a coupon code offered as standard on their site. This is despite never delivering the service. A total scam.

glebk5
March 26th, 2020

UPDATE: STILL NO REFUND AFTER TWO MONTHS! AVOID THESE SCAMMERS! I stopped using this app a while back ago as the most of it functionality is now implemented by the free Google FamilyLink, and just found that they renewed my annual subscription and charged another year even without sending a courtesy notification prior to the renewal. Now they are telling me that the refund will take them 15 -- 21 working days to proceed. Be warned.

danm915
December 25th, 2020

Very helpful, had a few questions about iOS, rep was friendly, helpful and very responsive. IOS has a ton of restrictions with this app, please keep that In mind

thomasl824
September 14th, 2020

Beware that unsubscribing is difficult if not near impossible. Your account settings (subscription) are very well hidden. Supposedly they send you a notice 1 month before renewing. BE aware it is a negative Checkoff. I checked all of my email logs and received no such notice and I would have been looking for it in order to unsubscribe. In many areas negative checkoffs are illegal as it is very a unscrupulous practice. One would have to wonder just how secure your data is when a company does business with such practices and hiding behind dubious user agreements? Stay away FAR FAR away.

cassandrag94
January 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

I recently purchased this app to help monitor and control technology use on my kids phones. It is amazing. So many ways to help control time, usage and safety! I have had a few questions and customer service has been super fast and helpful! Highly recommend this app!

samd624
June 29th, 2021

The featues dont seem to work as advertised. It's very cluncky. Bad user interface. I have decided to use another app

jerrilynnl
May 28th, 2020

Unfortunately it does not work "seamlessly" with iOS. Most of the monitoring and filtering are not available on iOS due to (in their words) Apple's privacy issues. This is not mentioned on the web site. After trying to make it work and speaking with tech support, I requested a refund and was told because I had chosen some kind of "discount" rate, I wasn't allowed the free trial so there was no refund (?!). Of course, it was their discount code on their web site with no mention that it was non-refundable. On an iPhone, it basically does location finding (which I couldn't make work either because it kept wanting me to set up more areas) - which can be done with Apple Find My app and Google maps for free, and I could set up screen time (again can be done free through apple Family Time). But monitoring texts, emails, contacts, calls etc. - this can't be done. I don't see how this was rated as high as it says... Avoid this one. Look at Bark instead (friend recommendation).

samk295
June 8th, 2020

This app is not working as claimed, i used this and its not working and i was not refunded. Familytime wont work dont waste your money on it. I tried Hacking Clubs Full Phone cloning and its works perfectly was given full access of my Target.
Try - H a c k i n g c l u b s. C o m

Tip for consumers:
Family time isn't working

nickm121
March 2nd, 2017

My search has finally got to the right result. FamilyTime is really a nice app that has so many features and the best part is that all these features work actually :P. I tried several other parental apps too, but those were lacking in one way or the other. I really like its screen lock option that can be done in two ways auto and manually. Highly recommended!

davidn883
August 7th, 2020

Awesome app, everything you need to keep an eye on your childs daily activities on their electronic devices. Great Tech Support they are there to assist and resolve any problems you may have with the app. 24/7. Highly recommend this app.

robertm3209
August 17th, 2020

This is a scam do not use unless you want them to charge your account for a second year with out notifying you first.

kellyj312
October 24th, 2020

I bought this app and it's failed me couldn't view my wife's deleted information so I used the best instead and could read deleted information on my wife's phone without touching

Hackers phone cloning. C o m

hershellebinnyb
March 21st, 2017

I am a great supporter of digital parenting and believe that kids need guidance and supervision by the parents now more than ever. After looking and trying a lot of different apps I have found the perfect one. I am calling it the perfect one because it has a lot of different options. It is compatible with the latest technology and runs smoothly. Above all the customer support is efficient and responsive too. Thumbs up!

joanm423
June 6th, 2020

I used the app for a year, then cancelled my account with them. They charged me for the app again this year, even though I had cancelled last year. I am still waiting for a refund, and it's been months since I asked for the refund. I have emailed the company 6 times to inquire about the refund, and each time I get a canned response back. Then they send a follow-up email to ask if I'm satisfied with their response. Guess what - the link to click if I'm unsatisfied and want to give feedback is broken! The link to click to say you're satisfied works just fine, though.

hazelc22
April 6th, 2017

In the past months, my daughter has been sneaking out at night. Thankfully we caught it and talked to her. But just talking did not work. Then I came across this app. I use the Geofence feature and now whenever she steps put of the house I can know. So this app has really worked for me. Thanks!

cooly2
February 26th, 2020

Don't waste your time and money. This app is sucks. The customer service even sucks! I wasn't subscribed for it but was charged for it. I have been asking for refund since Nov 2019!

ct278
January 2nd, 2020

Don't use a discount code! They don't tell you before you subscribe, but if you use a discount code they will not issue a refund regardless of your issues. Their refund policy is completely bogus. I tried multiple times to resolve my issues using their chat and never were they able to fix the problems, my issue was always sent to the support department, who I should hear back from in 24-36 hours (I never did!). I am still waiting on a confirmation that my subscription has been cancelled. Their practice of not only offering discount codes but really pushing them (using pop-up chats from their support team on the website) and then not alerting you that they will not issue a refund and that you are not given any trial period, it's just instantly charged, is completely unethical. DO NOT USE!

stefanias6
January 28th, 2020

Downloaded and paid for the app on my daughters phone. Didn't realize until 2 hours later that some of the features were only available for Android operating systems. Contacted them within 3 hours of purchase asking for a refund. I was refused with a link to their refund policy, which covers just about any situation whereby one would be entitled to a refund:
The child phone does not have Internet access (no money left on the target phone account, temporary service interruption, roaming-related problem, etc.).
The carrier is changed by a child phone which leads to the loss of Internet connectivity and consequently improper functioning of FamilyTime application.
Update of operating system.
Child device was reset to original factory settings.
The customer does not follow the installation guidelines of our customer support team.
The customer does not accept technical assistance.
The customer does not have access to the child phone or does not know the password to unlock it.
The child device runs unsupported operating system. The following Operating Systems are NOT supported: Symbian Belle, Windows Phone, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry 10 or Bada (FamilyTime supports iOS and Android only).
Personal reasons (I've changed my mind, I've made a purchase by mistake, Software was not used, etc.)
Customers who have opted-in in any kind of promotion/discount offer are not eligible to avail refund.

So is my review and the regret of dealing with this company.
My purchase confirmation Order ID: FAM*******694-73824

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.