Review of FamilyTime

Tel: +1(866)-355-0307
support@familytime.io

haniyas
4/12/19

When I heard my friend, I did not consider it much earlier, but after seeing that I installed it and surprised after using it, you could control it all easily. You can also use this application to control children

kellyg228
4/10/19

I was sick off complaints I received from my son's school. Despite that he demanded me more time for tab for studies related research, his teachers told me that he didnot show interest in his studies and was being dumb day by day. And one day I knew that he bunked from his school. It was really alarming and downloaded FamilyTime to track my his activities. I blocked bad sites and also set a specific time for his screen usage. When he didnot find irrelevant sites he ultimately started working on his assignments more further it let me remain updated about his location all the time.

marisaa27
3/31/19

At first when I installed the product it was difficult to add to my daughter's iPad. It does not track what she is doing or time on her iPad. It doesn't have the same features as android. After a week or so of having it on one of my son's phones it started saying bedtime when it was not bedtime. I went in on my parent control and turned
bedtime off and synced it repeatedly and it still kept saying bedtime. We power cycled the phone and nothing would work. And it wasn't even within the time frame that I had set for bedtime. It was like all day on a Saturday. After wasting too much time trying to turn it off I have to delete his phone from the app and re-add it. Then it started doing
the same thing on my other son's phone about a week later. Once again I tried to turn it off and change all the settings but it would not work so I had to delete it too. I then realized it is also not tracking my daughter's usage on her iPad, even when I sync it. Also the sos or notification to contact a parent doesn't work. So if the phone is
set to bedtime and it isn't supposed to be they cannot call me or even press
that to contact me. This is a safety issue if they are out somewhere and it is not bedtime and they cannot access anything on their phone or contact me if they need to. It basically doesn't work like it is supposed to. And the chat support is worthless.
They say they cannot help you and email them and they never respond. Also they refuse to refund you, if it is outside the trial period or if you used a discount. They say they won't refund if purchased at a discounted rate. Do not purchase this app, it doesn't work and they do not stand by their product. Switched to Kapersky Safe Kids and it is free
and WORKS!!!

martyl75
3/25/19

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE FREE TRIAL...this is a scam. They will charge you and not refund any money, and the app is useless....absolutely fraudulent. I would give zero stars if possible.

davet184
3/4/19

No refund policy for the free trial. They take your money and refuse to give it back.

I trialled the product and quickly saw that it was a very poor app. I became worried when there was no way to cancel online. Contacting customer service just got the same response as reported in so many other reviews.

Very disappointed that I got sucked into this scam. Please don't make the same mistake.

seanb173
1/8/19

Sounded like a great app, but when I installed it on our Apple iPhones back in August, 2017 it did not work. I tried several tweeks and was very patient, but finally in January 2018 I contacted them and cancelled my account. In August, 2018 my PayPal account was billed and since that time I have sent approximately 20 emails to family time asking them to cancel my account and refund my money. This evening I sent the 21st email and still have not been refunded the unused portion of the charges and still am not sure that my account has been cancelled.

Tip for consumers: Try Google Family for your Android and parental controls and find friends for iOS devices.

toneef
12/27/18

Complete waste of time !!
Having used Qustodio for a year I thought I would try something else. I am now going straight back to Qustodio !!

Before purchasing familytime I checked the features (on the features page) and there is a list of approx 30 features. After downloading the app I soon realised that most of the features do not work on ios. Having contacted them by live chat they sent me another link to a page somewhere on the site with the compatability chart.
I pointed out that this is the page that should appear when you click on features. There is no mention on the features page that tells you which devices they work on. So I assumed they worked on all devices.

these are a few of the features that do not work on ios.

Further to this the location never worked or updated.

You can not turn off individual apps. Its all or nothing.

You can not monitor internet activity.

The internet filter does not work

There is no web history

No call History

No text history

maryt402
12/15/18

Worked for a while then it stoppd working. Worked with support to fix it many many times, would work for a day. Asked to cancel subscription and they cancelled it but gave no refund for the remaining 7 months of current subscription. The program and cancellation were more trouble than it was worth.

kca4
11/24/18

Terrible product avoid at all costs. Doesn't work on Samsung tablet. Company wouldn't reimburse for the defective product.The interface is very poor. Qustodio is a far better product. Customer support is pushy and not helpful. As a former programmer, I was very dissatisfied and disappointed in the poor quality of the product. If you are going to put spyware on your child's phone you should only use a company you can trust and this isn't such a company.

roberts1526
9/21/18

App never worked the way they advertised it and when I wanted my money back they would not give it as they charged me for repeating subscriptions.

traviss89
9/12/18

As you read the other reviews, you can see they are basically stealing money. The App does not have all of the features advertised and when I tried to cancel, they had an obscure line that because the app was bought through promotion, no refund was eligible. I am talking no more than 1 hour.
The app is horrible and the customer service is even worse. Do not even try this app.
The online chat person just tells you to email and the email just said sorry, no refund. Back to the online chat, and the same person I received the email from, tells me to email again, lol.

michaels1651
9/6/18

I signed up for Family Time in March 21 2018 and paid $35 CAD for a subscription. Once I installed the app on my daughter's phone I immediately realized it was not the app we needed. On March 22 I emailed Family Time and indicated that the app did not meet our requirements and that I wanted a refund. It started off by them saying that a refund would be processed in a couple of weeks. Each month I would email them again and I would get the same run around. It is now Sept and I have send countless reminders and each time I've been told that they have forwarded my request to the billing team. I have asked many time for a phone number but they have not provided me one. Do not give this company any of your money. They are terrible people who do not care about their customers. They say try it for free, well, once they get your money they they are gone and your money is gone,

sama171
8/12/18

Faulty product, when I tried to cancel they beat around the bush for way too long before finally giving me an email address I had to send to for a cancellation. What does it say about a service that allows you to sign up online, but you have to email someone to cancel? Feels like trying to hold me hostage by making it so difficult I just forget or give up. An honest company makes it as easy to stop doing business with them as it is to start.

rachelt139
7/2/18

This company is terrible. I did not know that the app automatically renewed and they charged my credit card. I have been trying to get a refund since April 22nd of 2018. They charged my card on April 12, 2018. I have sent several emails to them and have only gotten the same response that they forwarded my info to the billing dept and I will receive a refund in 3 to 4 days. There is no way to cancel the app even though they say you can cancel at anytime. I have reported them to the BBB. I see on their website they say they are headquartered in Tokyo Metropolis but there is no address listed. This app and company needs to be shut down. I logged into my account tonight and they have not cancelled the app and it still shows it is active! I really want my $35 back but I am starting to not care now. I just want this app cancelled! I think I need to tell my credit union to block them and not let them charge my card. This app does not work how it is supposed to. DO NOT USE IT! I had to rate it with a star but if it was my way, they would get a big fat zero!

julieg169
4/10/18

I paid the subscription and started using this app. the first week one of the phones did not respond correctly. i communicated with them several times and they said they couldn't fix it. So I said I wanted to cancel the subscription and to refund the pro-rated amount. This was a year ago. Customer service sends me emails saying the refund will happen but it never did. Then they automatically renewed my subscription!! I have been trying to get a refund for this since January. I send them emails at least once every 2 weeks. they keep telling me the refund is coming and it never does. They are fraudulent!! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SERVICE! it doesn't always work.

lexak
3/14/18

Do not use this app. Please refer to the reviews in your App Store for the reasons why. Depending on your device it may not work and the support staff are inadequate. It works in the short term but not for the long term. You also cannot make a one off payment, you have to agree to a recurring payment plan which depending on how you pay, may be difficult to break from.
please do your homework by checking the reviews by users on this product, not by recommendations by a third party that doesn't test it in the long term.

johnw773
1/23/18

Tearable service. If you buy this product do not plan on the 3 day grace period as advertised. The product is minimally functional and absolutely not worth the money you pay for it. Find a more reputable company with actual customer support.

Kids were able to get on all sorts of sites supposably blocked by the software. DO NOT BUY!

kp124
1/21/18

I purchased a subscription over 6 months ago and cancelled within 24 hours due to lack of needed features. Despite repeated requests, I have never received my promised refund. I've seen similar tales in other reviews of this product.

alanc116
12/28/17

Thoroughly enjoying using this amazing app. Have already recommended 3 colleagues and they love it too. I guess there should be some referral system. App blocker is a darling feature. Great app!

markc342
12/27/17

I am using family time app for more than 1 month and can surely say that they have outsmarted all other apps. The interface is simply awesome and there are so many features! I was using a stupid app in the past but this app has some serious vision behind all this. The idea of funtime and timebank is simply classic. I think not many people know about these features but they really add more value to the whole image. Totally recommended to parents with teens. You will be surprised what teens do these days using their phones. So please keep an eye!

gh573
12/21/17

As soon as started using the app, I knew I made the right decision. I love how the app makes it all so simple. I am no expert at technology but its very easy to use and screen time locks are the real highlights! I am soooooo happy and comfortable. Counting on a big holiday discount to subscribe to Premium, he he!

adamo97
12/19/17

Just wanted to put a nice word for you guys. FamilyTime really does wonders. Very efficient and flexible. Im a huge fan of the new features especially the FamilyPause and Daily App Limits. We need internet filtering features. Please add soon. Great job, keep it up!

engelbertw
11/23/17

Funktioniert nicht, customer support sehr schlecht. Geld trotz vieler Beschwerden nicht wiederbekommen. Nicht anfassen!!!

tomc190
10/18/17

The fantastic family time I enjoy with FamilyTime. Ive no worries whatsoever about the whereabouts and cell phone usage of my two kids. This app enables me to monitor their time-consuming on the cell phone.

jadeh26
10/16/17

I was really worried about my teenage daughters online activities like any other responsible parent. Thanks to FamilyTime, it gave me a real solution to monitor and track down her activities. The app comes on a cheap price and all features are working alright.

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

According to my case, customer is the best so far and had answered my all questions very quickly and the agent was informative.

By Williams B.

No, they can't on android. And you can prevent your child from deleting the child app on iOS.

By HF C.

Most of the features work even device is on airplane mode.

By Williams B.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

4 Photos for FamilyTime