Review of FamilyTime

Tel: +1(866)-355-0307
support@familytime.io

seanb173
1/8/19

Sounded like a great app, but when I installed it on our Apple iPhones back in August, 2017 it did not work. I tried several tweeks and was very patient, but finally in January 2018 I contacted them and cancelled my account. In August, 2018 my PayPal account was billed and since that time I have sent approximately 20 emails to family time asking them to cancel my account and refund my money. This evening I sent the 21st email and still have not been refunded the unused portion of the charges and still am not sure that my account has been cancelled.

Tip for consumers: Try Google Family for your Android and parental controls and find friends for iOS devices.

toneef
12/27/18

Complete waste of time !!
Having used Qustodio for a year I thought I would try something else. I am now going straight back to Qustodio !!

Before purchasing familytime I checked the features (on the features page) and there is a list of approx 30 features. After downloading the app I soon realised that most of the features do not work on ios. Having contacted them by live chat they sent me another link to a page somewhere on the site with the compatability chart.
I pointed out that this is the page that should appear when you click on features. There is no mention on the features page that tells you which devices they work on. So I assumed they worked on all devices.

these are a few of the features that do not work on ios.

Further to this the location never worked or updated.

You can not turn off individual apps. Its all or nothing.

You can not monitor internet activity.

The internet filter does not work

There is no web history

No call History

No text history

maryt402
12/15/18

Worked for a while then it stoppd working. Worked with support to fix it many many times, would work for a day. Asked to cancel subscription and they cancelled it but gave no refund for the remaining 7 months of current subscription. The program and cancellation were more trouble than it was worth.

kca4
11/24/18

Terrible product avoid at all costs. Doesn't work on Samsung tablet. Company wouldn't reimburse for the defective product.The interface is very poor. Qustodio is a far better product. Customer support is pushy and not helpful. As a former programmer, I was very dissatisfied and disappointed in the poor quality of the product. If you are going to put spyware on your child's phone you should only use a company you can trust and this isn't such a company.

roberts1526
9/21/18

App never worked the way they advertised it and when I wanted my money back they would not give it as they charged me for repeating subscriptions.

traviss89
9/12/18

As you read the other reviews, you can see they are basically stealing money. The App does not have all of the features advertised and when I tried to cancel, they had an obscure line that because the app was bought through promotion, no refund was eligible. I am talking no more than 1 hour.
The app is horrible and the customer service is even worse. Do not even try this app.
The online chat person just tells you to email and the email just said sorry, no refund. Back to the online chat, and the same person I received the email from, tells me to email again, lol.

michaels1651
9/6/18

I signed up for Family Time in March 21 2018 and paid $35 CAD for a subscription. Once I installed the app on my daughter's phone I immediately realized it was not the app we needed. On March 22 I emailed Family Time and indicated that the app did not meet our requirements and that I wanted a refund. It started off by them saying that a refund would be processed in a couple of weeks. Each month I would email them again and I would get the same run around. It is now Sept and I have send countless reminders and each time I've been told that they have forwarded my request to the billing team. I have asked many time for a phone number but they have not provided me one. Do not give this company any of your money. They are terrible people who do not care about their customers. They say try it for free, well, once they get your money they they are gone and your money is gone,

sama171
8/12/18

Faulty product, when I tried to cancel they beat around the bush for way too long before finally giving me an email address I had to send to for a cancellation. What does it say about a service that allows you to sign up online, but you have to email someone to cancel? Feels like trying to hold me hostage by making it so difficult I just forget or give up. An honest company makes it as easy to stop doing business with them as it is to start.

rachelt139
7/2/18

This company is terrible. I did not know that the app automatically renewed and they charged my credit card. I have been trying to get a refund since April 22nd of 2018. They charged my card on April 12, 2018. I have sent several emails to them and have only gotten the same response that they forwarded my info to the billing dept and I will receive a refund in 3 to 4 days. There is no way to cancel the app even though they say you can cancel at anytime. I have reported them to the BBB. I see on their website they say they are headquartered in Tokyo Metropolis but there is no address listed. This app and company needs to be shut down. I logged into my account tonight and they have not cancelled the app and it still shows it is active! I really want my $35 back but I am starting to not care now. I just want this app cancelled! I think I need to tell my credit union to block them and not let them charge my card. This app does not work how it is supposed to. DO NOT USE IT! I had to rate it with a star but if it was my way, they would get a big fat zero!

julieg169
4/10/18

I paid the subscription and started using this app. the first week one of the phones did not respond correctly. i communicated with them several times and they said they couldn't fix it. So I said I wanted to cancel the subscription and to refund the pro-rated amount. This was a year ago. Customer service sends me emails saying the refund will happen but it never did. Then they automatically renewed my subscription!! I have been trying to get a refund for this since January. I send them emails at least once every 2 weeks. they keep telling me the refund is coming and it never does. They are fraudulent!! DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS SERVICE! it doesn't always work.

lexak
3/14/18

Do not use this app. Please refer to the reviews in your App Store for the reasons why. Depending on your device it may not work and the support staff are inadequate. It works in the short term but not for the long term. You also cannot make a one off payment, you have to agree to a recurring payment plan which depending on how you pay, may be difficult to break from.
please do your homework by checking the reviews by users on this product, not by recommendations by a third party that doesn't test it in the long term.

johnw773
1/23/18

Tearable service. If you buy this product do not plan on the 3 day grace period as advertised. The product is minimally functional and absolutely not worth the money you pay for it. Find a more reputable company with actual customer support.

Kids were able to get on all sorts of sites supposably blocked by the software. DO NOT BUY!

kp124
1/21/18

I purchased a subscription over 6 months ago and cancelled within 24 hours due to lack of needed features. Despite repeated requests, I have never received my promised refund. I've seen similar tales in other reviews of this product.

alanc116
12/28/17

Thoroughly enjoying using this amazing app. Have already recommended 3 colleagues and they love it too. I guess there should be some referral system. App blocker is a darling feature. Great app!

markc342
12/27/17

I am using family time app for more than 1 month and can surely say that they have outsmarted all other apps. The interface is simply awesome and there are so many features! I was using a stupid app in the past but this app has some serious vision behind all this. The idea of funtime and timebank is simply classic. I think not many people know about these features but they really add more value to the whole image. Totally recommended to parents with teens. You will be surprised what teens do these days using their phones. So please keep an eye!

gh573
12/21/17

As soon as started using the app, I knew I made the right decision. I love how the app makes it all so simple. I am no expert at technology but its very easy to use and screen time locks are the real highlights! I am soooooo happy and comfortable. Counting on a big holiday discount to subscribe to Premium, he he!

adamo97
12/19/17

Just wanted to put a nice word for you guys. FamilyTime really does wonders. Very efficient and flexible. Im a huge fan of the new features especially the FamilyPause and Daily App Limits. We need internet filtering features. Please add soon. Great job, keep it up!

engelbertw
11/23/17

Funktioniert nicht, customer support sehr schlecht. Geld trotz vieler Beschwerden nicht wiederbekommen. Nicht anfassen!!!

tomc190
10/18/17

The fantastic family time I enjoy with FamilyTime. Ive no worries whatsoever about the whereabouts and cell phone usage of my two kids. This app enables me to monitor their time-consuming on the cell phone.

jadeh26
10/16/17

I was really worried about my teenage daughters online activities like any other responsible parent. Thanks to FamilyTime, it gave me a real solution to monitor and track down her activities. The app comes on a cheap price and all features are working alright.

raymondd36
10/13/17

I will give this app 5 stars for simply the best app I have used in a long time. It is not just fun but comes with responsibility. I can control my kids internet ventures now. It is simply too good to be true.

davidm723
8/24/17

I was very stressed about my kid's safety. Thanks to this app that now I can keep track of their various activities. I feel much more connected, in the loop and less stressed now. I say everyone must try it to get some peace of mind because the dangers are endless and you need to be vigilant.

henryo27
8/23/17

Coming from a happy and satisfied FamilyTime app user, it is simply great for monitoring and control. It is easy, up to date and effective. There are multiple features. Anyone looking for a parental control app must try it out.

veronicaa34
8/9/17

FamilyTime is highly useful when it comes to monitoring and controlling kids activity online. From my personal experience, it really helps parents a lot and keeps them in the loop.

michaelk244
8/7/17

I have tried many apps before saying that FamilyTime is the best. It has almost everything that is necessary like online monitoring, SMS and contacts monitoring, app blocker, screen time limits, family locating and more. It has a fairly simple and easy to use interface. The customer service team is very helpful and provides full guidance. No runtime glitches faced so far!

It's even worse than ScreenTime app, I would suggest you to use built in parental controls and avoid using third party apps as these take so much of personal data.

By Jennifer W.

According to my case, customer is the best so far and had answered my all questions very quickly and the agent was informative.

By Williams B.

No, they can't on android. And you can prevent your child from deleting the child app on iOS.

By HF C.

Most of the features work even device is on airplane mode.

By Williams B.

Questions? Get answers from the FamilyTime staff and other customers.

3 Photos for FamilyTime