Review of Etsy

2018 Customer choice award

1,140 reviews with 5 stars

juliec407
2/22/19

Ordered the mens Tungston wood wedding ring. The instructions were quite helpful in gaining the right sizing before ordering

claudiab103
2/20/19

Once in a month i bought something handmade from here and i can totally say i love the quality and etsy customer service is great!

deborahs138
12/11/18

Each time i buy or review the product someone is always there to write me.To help guide me .Recently I purchased a egg ornament unique it arrived to my sister in tact and exactly unseen the present was beautiful .They stand behind there warm words.

kimc387
12/8/18

I've made dozens of purchases from this site, and have yet to have received anything that wasn't as advertised. I hope they keep it this way as a legitimate site and keep out the false advertisers and scammers.

Tip for consumers: Follow the reviews; go for who has the better reviews and most reviews for legitimacy.

dottiem11
11/30/18

I found them on line looking for rustic and farm decor. I bought two lamps in the shape of milk cans and requested three way switches and that they did. Delivery was fast and the product just great and just right for what I was looking for. Then ordered shutter doors for the wall and they came with handles just like barn shutters, and wooden and ready to hang love them. Great items and a special thanks for the items an shout out to let you know very satisfied. lOVE YOUR ITEMS Will be buying more in the near future.

ambern33
11/15/18

etsy is a great place to find unique and cool products. I've used it for 3 years now and have never had a problem.

milburna
11/4/18

Great stuff! I love getting all my handcrafted bracelets and necklaces here. Its really hard to pick something out of all the great things that are available.

freddyd9
10/27/18

Take a note everyone of you that thinks this place is bad. Cool gift ideas and selection of various things for her/him. I ordered numerous times and I'm still happy.

chantellew10
10/23/18

I absolutely am in with them. Every single order I have had. I have never had an issue. The gifts smell so good. And the items I purchased' were wrapped so Beautiful and neat. I appreciate that so much! On time Delivery! What more can a Queen ask for. I am Definitely a big fan. And will continue to shop here I love! Love! Love them!!!!

maries120
9/11/18

If you are looking for handmade, homemade or home grown, this is a great place to find them. Shopping here is very diverse as you can buy things like whole vanilla beans to sterling silver handmade jewelry. Many artisans and crafters use this site as a platform to sell their goods. Important to check the ratings and read reviews before you order from someone. Have never had any problems; you shouldn't either, as long as you know how to shop sites like this.

allam11
9/6/18

I really like their creams, Home Brew natural coffee hand and body cream is just awesome! No doubt I give five stars!

wf23
7/19/18

I have had great luck finding fun items that I can afford. Sellers have always been super friendly too.

caitlyns13
7/14/18

I purchased a cake topper as my first item on this site. I am so in love with it and I am so happy with how it turned out since I was so nervous to buy it because it was coming all the way from Turkey. However, all my fears and nerves were for nothing because it was beautifully made and I can't wait to put it on top of my wedding cake!

lyg1
7/12/18

I am a seller on Etsy for 6 years and I find it challenging and fun for the most part. My shop has many different vintage items for sale. I love the diversity of having a curiosity shop online with shelves I keep well stocked and shelves I don't have to dust.
I advise buyers to be curious and ask the seller questions.
A good seller will answer them honestly and promptly.
I advise the buyer to look at the reviews before making a purchase.
I also advise the buyer should read the whole sellers comments. The section of shop policy is very important in that the seller will alert buyers of the "rules" like refunds or "all sales final" etc.
Most sellers will not refund the shipping as the shipping services don't either, ie, FedEx, USPS, UPS.
Why should a seller pay to take back an item if the seller wants to return it? Unless it was sold and was "not as described", then the seller should pay for shipping.
I have had many contacts with the staff at Etsy, and they always get back to me promptly and always try their best to resolve any problem or issue I may ask about.
They go to great lengths to make suggestions or to explain a policy or steps that should be taken next to correct the problem.
I like Etsy, and I am glad and proud to be a merchant there.

gwenh7
6/11/18

Etsy is an amazing online store to purchase handmade unusual items of all kinds. From custom household items, jewelry, baby gifts, custom eats, to just about anything you would ever find at a huge high end custom warehouse with high end vendors, if there was ever such a thing available. It is available on Etsy,com!

janar6
5/7/18

I've ordered from a couple different shops and love them all. I've only had one issue with one shop but Etsy's customer service team was able to help me get a fair resolution.

I just want to remind other potential customers that Etsy itself is not selling the items you see, individual shop owners are so if you have a problem with a shop you should contact Etsy for help and if for some reason Etsy can't help you then you should contact your bank or credit card company.

Overall, Etsy has been pretty great and the variety of shops available is amazing. There are some seriously talented artists on Etsy and they shouldn't be lopped in with the few bad apples that give Etsy a bad name.

catherinew75
4/11/18

I have to say that I have no any issues so far purchasing on Etsy. I bought this product https://www.etsy.com/listing/89328163/secret-message-locket-pendant-brass-long?ref=finds_l for my mom last Monday. It is exactly as it looks on their product image on their site and I really love the quality and design. Will surely come back!

marions35
3/26/18

I have bought just beautiful items from a store on Etsy and wanted to share with you, have a look, the items arrived as promised and were extremely well presented, simply love these pieces

nojinp
3/19/18

Amazon had small # of options in artificial diamond. Then I found it on Etsy, made by EternalJewelryLV(in Nevada). I got relieved when I found the email telling 3-day delayed shipping. Finally, a post officer delivered it on the day told & I gladly signed on the device. Since my artificial ring got to me as what I ordered, again I thank.

Tip for consumers: This website offers ring size table. If you don't know the exact size of your ring though, first order $5 ring by guess for test...

melissab209
2/12/18

Etsy is a great place to look for unique items that you cant find anywhere else, including customs and commissions. You will also find many vintage items and craft supplies as well. You can list your creations here for sale. It is a very user friendly interface. I have used both the website and the apps. I prefer the website itself. The seller app had a bug at the time I was trying to use it that caused a random picture to become the main item picture out of the photo group to upload. Then it wouldnt let me delete the photos without cancelling the post. There has been an update to the app since my last listing, so Im unsure at this time if that has been a corrected issue or not. Dont let that discourage you though. It is still a great app to use. You can track the traffic that visits your shop and your listings as well as how they came to your shop, ei. Facebook, web address, direct link, Instagram, etc.

valf15
2/8/18

Such beautiful things are available at this site. I've purchased several items without any problems. Gift items have been shipped timely and arrived perfect.

supissaram
2/2/18

this is first time to order metal ring from this online shop , the shop answer me so so quick , i do love this website

francesf21
1/31/18

I have been shopping on Etsy for years and have purchased hundreds of items. I am rarely disappointed. The creativity of the US artists amaze me and the products are quality made. I do stay away from overseas shops as Etsy has little control over mass produced items.

rickk31
1/31/18

I have yet to have any problems on this site at all. Etsy has those weird gifts, and gifts for yourself. this is just one website that really has their together, and I feel that it is going places.

sarahl270
1/30/18

I love Etsy very much, it's like a galaxy where I can find amazing, original and beautiful items. You just have to find the right seller (like Amazon, Aliexpress etc.) and I've never been disappointed. I have ordered several times and my parcels have always arrived. In the parcel some sellers don't hesitate to make a cute packaging and give some free gifts. This is really important to buy from sellers who are created they items handmades with a lot of patience & love.

914 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Check the reviews, and Google the seller. Also, are the reviews written in good english? Does it seem fake? Check pictures from the buyers.

By Johanna v.

I would have to say no, with LOTS of exceptions. In the past few years Etsy has allowed business to claim handmade if it meets certain criteria. I often see many items that claim to be handmade but I have seen them on Alibaba being sold in bulk. That being said I look very closely and have purchased some wonderfu items from great sellers. The biggest problem with Etsy is that they no longer protect customers from fraud (they say they are not liable) but in doing that lots and lots or resellers and counterfeit items have saturated Etsy' s marketplace. I would never buy anything "vintage" there. What I have seen you are getting thrift store rejects or modern fake. Buyer beware! Investigate all vendors carefully!!

By Tracy Q.

I am agree with Ramina. 90% is not hand made . all comes from Factories . when someone has over 8000's item don't you ask who made it . They are all over from Pakistan to turkey east to west up united state . Etsy is happy just to take your money and every 4 or 5 months closing one store to show off and if you have some money as a credit they take it too . no customer service , no respect no manor , they made policy just for FUN and they have FUN with our pocket . stay far from them FAR FAR.

By Behzad G.

I agree with Steve J on this one. A lot of sellers on Etsy work from home in the evenings for extra money. Most of them are not big businesses with massive inventories so I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Give them a little more time and if they dont send it out then file a case with etsy

By Peeved O.

Business checking isn't necessary (the banks now charge a monthly fee for a small business checking). You can pretty much set up a regular checking account

By A S.

If you do, I would be cautious about ordering from international sellers, use a credit card in case you need to contest the charges, and do NOT expect ETSY do a thing if you get ripped off. They are useless and could care less once the sale is final.

By jean w.

I am no sure why this would be the case. I have only paid through paypal and have never been asked personal financial information beyond paypal. It is odd that you have experienced this issue. What personal financial information have you been asked to divulge?

By Nancy M.

The best and quickest thing to do is to email the seller and let them know that you would like to return for a refund.

By Shirley M.

Yes, it certainly is. I've also been selling for many years, never had a problem. Using PayPal is great if you ever should have a problem, as you're protected in the event of theft. If you were hacked somehow would be the only way it would be a concern for me, so I am careful about using good passwords and changing them often (Etsy password) I would not worry about the safety of Etsy direct at all.

By Jodi H.

Read the reviews!

By Richyl H.
Questions? Get answers from the Etsy staff and other customers.

Etsy?