Review of ElderHelpers

Ann Arbor, MI 48106, US
Tel: +1-734-330-2734
help@elderhelpers.org
Youtube video thumbnail
Join Our NATIONWIDE Community Of Elders Now!

5 reviews with 3 stars

samantham101
7/8/17

I have been a member for two years and have never received a phone call. I completely forgot I even gave these people $50 to get me some volunteer hours while I was in school and now I work two full times jobs as a nurse. Waste of time.

Response from Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
Because we have a huge pool of volunteers nationwide for elders and their families to choose from, we recommend you making your profile as appealing as possible and getting on board with our VIP volunteer program. With elderhelpers.org volunteers are never required to donate money. A simple registration is enough to have the opportunity to give back to the community, gain knowledge and wisdom from seniors. Customer care can be reached at help@elderhelpers.org and SiteJabber offers a useful Q&A section.
seleneb
8/13/15

I usually go over to their homes and help them out to whatever I can. My father has a law mowing service and most of them are elders.. So I use my elderly skills and help them out.

hassana16
4/13/15

I have a short term memory and don't remember anything. To bring joy to others, makes me happy.

eb346
1/21/14

I am hesitant to volunteer for them as they are not BBB accredited. Also, when I did a search for their phone number, it also shows this website, www.healthyyears.org which links back to elder helpers. The testimonials on their site look fake to me and there's just something that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies about them. Its almost as if they are taking advantage of volunteers desire to help and definitely a subscription based thing for the elderly, a reoccurring cost, is just what the elderly don't need. but then again, look at the nursing homes and assisted living, they charge a fortune. And if you had to have someone come to your house a few hours a day, that would cost you way more than $49 a month. they have 5 complaints on the BBB in 12 months and a B rating which is OK at best. They need to raise it to an A. The real issue and question is. Can they provide enough volunteers in your area and if they don't have volunteers in your area, they should be upfront about it, and shouldn't charge you. I don't want to volunteer for any practice that is shady. They have no staff so thats why they can charge only $49 a month but they might not have enough volunteers from what some of the ads on here suggest. I've never seen them advertise anywhere to get volunteers other than their website and I wonder how many more web domains they own? Its a good concept if they can get enough volunteers, but like all volunteers, you have to keep replacing them because their lives change and they stop doing it. They seem to be relying on a workforce that they have no control over.

Response from Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
ElderHelpers.org customer care did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and its services are concerned. Customer care can be reached at help@elderhelpers.org and SiteJabber offers a useful Q&A section
emmaj9
6/18/13

Old age may not be very pleasant for you if you are alone and suffer from various health conditions. My beloved passed away a few years ago. I do not blame my son for not being able to dedicate much time and attention to me as he is a busy professional. My health was deteriorating. It was scary as I was not being able to perform many of my routine activities without help. A friend of mine, another old chap, recommended visiting elderhelpers.org. I found a compassionate and young volunteer who was willing to lend me a helping hand in the activities that I required assistance in.

Response from Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

We do background checks via IntelliCorp which is a Verisk company. They are extremely serious, thorough and reputable. We also encourage you to spend time with the volunteers on the phone so that you can get to know each other and also to meet for the first time in a public place like a coffee shop. Because of this precautions, we have not one incident reported in years of service to the elderly community.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Joy, Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. Hello Ryan, we ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. We ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Jim, our email work fine, please check with your provider.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Lisa, great example of why it is better to work with a volunteer rather than a taxi or ride sharing service! This would be something you would need to work out with the helper and can certainly be arranged because the idea is to really care for seniors not just dropping them off. We strongly recommend testing the reliability of the elder helper ahead of time because doctor appointments are important.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Leelee S. Our service is designed for individuals only. This is the only way that we can offer SAFETY and CONVENIENCE. You can simply print a few flyers that you can download on our website and hand it to them. You can also watch our presentation video and explain if you want. Just make sure to not sign up for somebody else and even less for a group of people. That could get you in troubles and the users also. Thank you for your interest.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Jan, We are a legitimate organization, we sent you information to your account to complete the intake process, In case you're not able to find an available volunteers in your area we can issue a full refund of your last payment, you can also cancel the monthly contribution at any time by sending us an email at help@elderhelpers.org Let me know if you need further information.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Lia, No, It's not mandatory to donate to be a volunteer in our organization. You can send us an email at help@elderhelpers.org for further information.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Fatima, Thank you for reaching out, could please provide us the email address that was used to register?

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi, At the moment it's our only payment method, we're working on better ways to improve this. You can try contacting 211 United Way for a referral to a local program in case ours doesn't work for you.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ElderHelpers staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ElderHelpers