Review of ElderHelpers

Ann Arbor, MI 48106, US
Tel: +1-734-330-2734
help@elderhelpers.org
Youtube video thumbnail
Join Our NATIONWIDE Community Of Elders Now!

wesleys48
12/30/17

The website was easy to navigate and gave clear instructions on what information needed to be filled out.

jennys109
12/27/17

Since i've moved to Arizona taking care o my father was very hard for me, but with ElderHelpers i've found the help that we needed, we're so thankfull for this program

braulioc2
11/6/17

My grandpa is happy again thanks to your help. We love you guys, really. We hope you the best of lucks.

codyj86
11/2/17

They help us a lot when my father was ill, it took a little while to get the volounteers coming but when they came they were very nice and polite.

angiet23
9/23/17

Great organization doing an awesome job helping the elders. It lets you do a great service for the people that have raised us and sets an example for future generations.Thank you for the opportunity to help!!!

anac79
9/21/17

This is a great program, helping each other and creating real community!!
Offering help and companionship to other members in our own communities is highly important, preaching with the example to our younger generations is a milestone in our future! Thank you Elderhelps for this opportunity!!

pedror43
8/4/17

We all know the issues that aging can bring and how complicated can be for some people to adapt and to handle some daily activities. As a participant in ElderHelpers, I'm aware of the kind labor and compromise of people who participate in this program to provide help to those who need it. Would totally recommend it.

samantham101
7/8/17

I have been a member for two years and have never received a phone call. I completely forgot I even gave these people $50 to get me some volunteer hours while I was in school and now I work two full times jobs as a nurse. Waste of time.

Response from Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
Because we have a huge pool of volunteers nationwide for elders and their families to choose from, we recommend you making your profile as appealing as possible and getting on board with our VIP volunteer program. With elderhelpers.org volunteers are never required to donate money. A simple registration is enough to have the opportunity to give back to the community, gain knowledge and wisdom from seniors. Customer care can be reached at help@elderhelpers.org and SiteJabber offers a useful Q&A section.
sharonk90
6/14/17

I signed up to get help for my 90 + year old in-laws. Not really impressed. Many of the volunteers I called either never returned my calls or stated they were no longer involved with this organization. I am not paying $50 a month for nothing! They also tell you that it is the client's responsibility to report wrong or disconnected numbers. Really?? Then what am I paying for? If they had a better business model they would at least keep their database updated and regularly check in with both the client's and volunteers. I can't recommend this organization for my area in South King County Washington state.

ElderHelpers attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Response from Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
ElderHelpers.org customer care did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and its services are concerned. Customer care can be reached at help@elderhelpers.org and SiteJabber offers a useful Q&A section
tonyac24
6/2/17

I gladly sent in $50 with the hope of getting some assistance with my grandmother. The last 10 days I've tried calling 8 separate people listed. No one answered so left messages for those who had vm. No one has called me back to even say they couldn't help. When I emailed my concerns, I received a email response that the email was no longer valid. And wouldn't you know the phone number that you have to search for is disconnected. I should have known when no one in health care, social services are even government services have any heard of Elder Helpers. If it's too good to be true, it is!!

beverlyb63
6/1/17

This was my first time using Elder Helpers. I am very disappointed. 1 person was very rude to me on the phone, the other volunteer hung up on me when i told them who i was. I wont be using this service to help my mom. Not feeling comfortable leaving my mom with this service.

constancem18
4/26/17

Waiting to start. Just signed up. Getting background check. Going to print flyers and distribute. Then, waiting to help someone in need!

Response from Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
Hi Constance, your background check is ready, we send it to your email.
lanas30
3/4/17

I've spoke with Mariana, the costumer service girl a couple of times. She was very nice and caring with me and found me a volunteer near my zip code

caritor
12/17/16

This site is great for helping the elderly

karlam20
11/24/16

We signed up a few days ago and spoke to a very helpful customer care person to help us with the process. My grandmother is now taken care of by someone local while the family is not always here. Very happy. Thank you.

anah41
11/23/16
taran17
11/19/16

I paid the $30-some u have to pay to register ($10/monthly +22 or so for a background check) and have not been given any confirmation by background check has gone through (though the money has been processed) and I contacted customer support and according to their response email which I received twice, I should get a response in 2 business days. Meanwhile confused how this works

tylerh62
10/20/16

I just signed up and can't wait to start making somebody happy

shaynas2
10/18/16

I am ready to start helping elders!!

ellief11
8/31/16

Thanks everyone, this worked out just fine... Kuddos!

stephonm
8/31/16

Wonderful way to help the elderly

liz821
7/7/16

I am Proud to be be an elder Helper, I just registe now and really looking forward to help the elders soon!

vivianej
6/9/16

I found that this site was intuitive and easy to use. I am excited to get started!

jessicak57
5/22/16

It was great to view the many volunteers on the ElderHelpers website, which included young people who want to provide help with the older generation. The volunteers I selected have now become part of my family.
I have shared with many in my parish about Elder Helpers. Most have never heard of this great organization. Frequent announcements in newsletters or flyers at the various Senior Centers would be a good way to publicize about this organization.

shyannr
5/8/16

Ive had a wonderful experience and i am ready to start helping more people

We do background checks via IntelliCorp which is a Verisk company. They are extremely serious, thorough and reputable. We also encourage you to spend time with the volunteers on the phone so that you can get to know each other and also to meet for the first time in a public place like a coffee shop. Because of this precautions, we have not one incident reported in years of service to the elderly community.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Joy, Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. Hello Ryan, we ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. We ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Jim, our email work fine, please check with your provider.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Lisa, great example of why it is better to work with a volunteer rather than a taxi or ride sharing service! This would be something you would need to work out with the helper and can certainly be arranged because the idea is to really care for seniors not just dropping them off. We strongly recommend testing the reliability of the elder helper ahead of time because doctor appointments are important.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Leelee S. Our service is designed for individuals only. This is the only way that we can offer SAFETY and CONVENIENCE. You can simply print a few flyers that you can download on our website and hand it to them. You can also watch our presentation video and explain if you want. Just make sure to not sign up for somebody else and even less for a group of people. That could get you in troubles and the users also. Thank you for your interest.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Jan, We are a legitimate organization, we sent you information to your account to complete the intake process, In case you're not able to find an available volunteers in your area we can issue a full refund of your last payment, you can also cancel the monthly contribution at any time by sending us an email at help@elderhelpers.org Let me know if you need further information.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Lia, No, It's not mandatory to donate to be a volunteer in our organization. You can send us an email at help@elderhelpers.org for further information.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Fatima, Thank you for reaching out, could please provide us the email address that was used to register?

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi, At the moment it's our only payment method, we're working on better ways to improve this. You can try contacting 211 United Way for a referral to a local program in case ours doesn't work for you.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ElderHelpers staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ElderHelpers