Review of ElderHelpers

Ann Arbor, MI 48106, US
Tel: +1-734-330-2734
help@elderhelpers.org
Youtube video thumbnail
Join Our NATIONWIDE Community Of Elders Now!

barbarag398
9/27/19

Once I learned my way around on the site, I was able to contact several volunteers and coordinate schedules so that they could fill in being with my husband in memory care. The monthly donation is minor compared to the hourly fees that must be paid for people to companion our loved ones. I lucked out with volunteers who were devoted to being of help and came through for my husband and me time after time. I highly recommend this website and this service.

urianm
7/19/19

Love it. I enjoy helping elderly woman with every day tasks. Makes me feel s
Fulfilled with my life. From gardening to cleaning I am thankful to be given the opportunity to help the elderly

gabriellag10
5/26/19

My name is Gabriella and I'm new to the Elder Helpers. I'm a trained volunteer and I am so excited about Elder Helpers. I can't wait to get started and begin helping elders and their families.

deniseb313
1/28/19

Information received was very informative and a great tool for providing excellent help for our seniors

alexh284
12/6/18

I graduated College with the founder of the company. He has always been am extremely intelligent, high achieve, trustworthy stand up guy.

cynthias274
11/28/18

I have professionally partnered with this agency and they are wonderful people to work with. They are dependable and trustworthy. Always go the extra mile.

allisonn24
Allison N.
11/28/18

I volunteer once a week and it's become one of my favorite days of the week!
We all look forward to seeing each other and hanging out together.

annh295
11/28/18

We are so glad we have gotten in touch with Elderhelpers. Our 96 year old aunt, who lives alone by choice, has greatly benefited from Elderhelpers.

lizj50
11/26/18

A much much needed service for elders and for their society often dismisses elders - this service values them

susana375
11/26/18

I was blessed to have an elderhelper who became involved with both my parents. She became a friend to them and visited them in their home regularly. She helped them when I had to be out of town. I have since moved my parents to separate care facilities and our elderhelper continues to visit them to play cards or provide companionship, Thank you for providing a service that has been such a help.

patriciam566
11/26/18

My experience has not been anything. As of yet I have not had anything to help with. I think it would be great to have an opportunity to help someone.

danyj6
11/25/18

That website is really good and help me connecting with helpers... would recommend to families looking for extra help with elders.

karenb851
11/25/18

When I was feeling EXTREMELY down and lonely, like a prisoner in my senior apartment, I got a beautiul e mail from them that encouraged me.

mikep482
11/25/18

So many great adventures. So little time! There seems to be so many different choices. It would be wonderful if we could do a number of trips a year.

jerryc231
11/25/18

I have two lovely young ladies that come to my home and walk my Dog on Monday and Wednesday.

They really really help me. I am 76 have some infirmities. I appreciate when they walk my dog.

johannas2
6/10/18
• Updated review

My opinion of Elder Helpers remains unchanged. People who take advantage of the elderly need to be brought to justice.

ElderHelpers attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Response from Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
ElderHelpers.org customer care did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and its services are concerned. Customer care can be reached at help@elderhelpers.org and SiteJabber offers a useful Q&A section. As a special note for this extra strongly worded review: we have always had since conception a feature on our website for volunteers to set their profiles as inactive and therefore invisible to the public. We believe that this review was indeed left by someone with bad intentions and legal action might apply.
“Mary R's threat”
6/8/18
• Previous review

Update April 20 2016: (In addition I have responded to all of "Mary's" emails so their response about not being able to contact me is bogus)
Chuck.....Mary....whoever you are,
Who is managing your website that you can't see that my profile is obviously live? I just received another phone call April 18th from another senior looking for assistance. I would love to send you the url but since I can't even log in AND when I chose to have you people send me an email because your site says my password is incorrect it doesn't send the email. Maybe I'm the one who needs a lawyer.

Mary R. wrote: -------------------------
Hello Johanna,

Could you please confirm that your profile is not on our site anymore and in case you do see it please email us the url so that we can take it down.

Chuck
elderhelpers.org

I was contacted by Mary yesterday:
"Hello, I am Mary and here to help you solve this issue. Please let me know if you would like my assistance, I will be glad to assist you.
However if you refuse we will pass on your review to our lawyers, thank you.
Mary,
I would like nothing more then to delete my profile from your website; and I know I'm not the only one. Please do pass on my review to your lawyers and to any and everyone else you know the more visibility the better that is the whole purpose for posting reviews.
Thank you so much for your assistance!

dorothyw59
4/18/18

After signing up and paying for 2 months service I had been unable to use the service because of a changes in my life.

Very quick and nice when I called to cancel and get a refund. I am impressed and happy with ElderHelpers customer service.

andread99
3/27/18

The information was very helpful and easy to understand the registration was an ease . Very Happy that I sign up

jerinas
3/26/18

They are a very good organization of o had the opportunity to help the elders I will with a big open hand I love helping people especially those who cant really do everything on their own Im going back to school to be on a psw worker in order for me to be a part of an organization that can help people to have a better and happier future just like us who have it easier I love meaning a beautiful smile on people faces .

jacobp56
3/6/18

Elders are full of wisdom and amazing stories visiting and helping is a treat and a fum time to spend your day and time with them

michelleq11
3/4/18

I signed up with ElderHelpers to get involved in my community, get to know an elder who may need companionship and support, and contribute my time and energy to making their lives better. ElderHelpers is very organized and professional. They offered a helpful training and took careful consideration when pairing me with an elder to ensure that the relationship would work from both ends. I highly recommend getting involved.

robertr345
3/2/18

I signed up for Elder Helpers a couple years ago. At that time I was sent a packet of some sort and ended up having to pay around $50 for the privilege of volunteering my time. I contacted them but was quickly rebuffed - I never got called to help anyone. The only result was that they took my 50 bucks.

Here is the email exchange between myself and Elder Helpers from that time period. It speaks for itself:

Me:"Hi, I signed up with Elder Helpers a couple weeks ago (donated the fifty dollars, got the booklets, paid for the background check) At this point is it just a waiting game or can I do anything proactive to get matched up with an elder? Thanks"

Their Response:"Yes, you can read your packet and our website. "

Response from Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
Because we have a huge pool of volunteers nationwide for elders and their families to choose from, we recommend you making your profile as appealing as possible and getting on board with our VIP volunteer program. With elderhelpers.org volunteers are never required to donate money. A simple registration is enough to have the opportunity to give back to the community, gain knowledge and wisdom from seniors. Customer care can be reached at help@elderhelpers.org and SiteJabber offers a useful Q&A section.
mirelav
3/1/18

I use to visit this lady named Pearl with my dog every Sunday for few hours whatching some classic movie ( her tv was always on that channel) actually i was watching, she was blind, but just seeing her so happy and content patting my dog belly for hours was such a fulfillment. Unfortunately she passed away, but i would gladly help any other seniors who would need help.
Thank you elders helpers!

rosap24
3/1/18

I think this is a great cause. Looking forward to helping someone soon! I haven't received a call yet but hope to very soon.

rosew72
2/21/18

Got a lotta spare time since i retired, so i decided to join and help the elders in my community, so far everything´s been great, no complaints

We do background checks via IntelliCorp which is a Verisk company. They are extremely serious, thorough and reputable. We also encourage you to spend time with the volunteers on the phone so that you can get to know each other and also to meet for the first time in a public place like a coffee shop. Because of this precautions, we have not one incident reported in years of service to the elderly community.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Joy, Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. Hello Ryan, we ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Yes, they do help elders for free. We ask for a $50 monthly commitment on a tax deductible donations to support our service. Volunteers help for free. They are true volunteers. Our job is to provide convenience and security in connecting them with elders. Our staff is not volunteer since any business requires daily operations management. Because we are not recipients of any private or public grants, everyone chip in a small amount, that is tax-deductible. Would you prefer to find an organization receiving government assistance, there are a lot of them out there. We do not force anyone to join our community. Our volunteers are true volunteers and do not ask for money. Elder help is free.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Jim, our email work fine, please check with your provider.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Lisa, great example of why it is better to work with a volunteer rather than a taxi or ride sharing service! This would be something you would need to work out with the helper and can certainly be arranged because the idea is to really care for seniors not just dropping them off. We strongly recommend testing the reliability of the elder helper ahead of time because doctor appointments are important.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Leelee S. Our service is designed for individuals only. This is the only way that we can offer SAFETY and CONVENIENCE. You can simply print a few flyers that you can download on our website and hand it to them. You can also watch our presentation video and explain if you want. Just make sure to not sign up for somebody else and even less for a group of people. That could get you in troubles and the users also. Thank you for your interest.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Jan, We are a legitimate organization, we sent you information to your account to complete the intake process, In case you're not able to find an available volunteers in your area we can issue a full refund of your last payment, you can also cancel the monthly contribution at any time by sending us an email at help@elderhelpers.org Let me know if you need further information.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi Lia, No, It's not mandatory to donate to be a volunteer in our organization. You can send us an email at help@elderhelpers.org for further information.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hello Fatima, Thank you for reaching out, could please provide us the email address that was used to register?

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative

Hi, At the moment it's our only payment method, we're working on better ways to improve this. You can try contacting 211 United Way for a referral to a local program in case ours doesn't work for you.

By Mary R., ElderHelpers Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ElderHelpers staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ElderHelpers