Review of Care.com

Tel: 877-227-3115
optout@care.com

marciaz6
2/17/19

Posted one ad, never hired anyone and they have been charging my credit card for over 7 years without my knowledge.

wandam87
2/7/19

I only needed help for one month. I signed up and even though one month was the most expensive option, I chose it because I knew I only needed temporary help. I don't have a credit card so my sister let me use hers. She just informed me that they have been charging her card for six months! I tried to find the options or ANYTHING about my account or "subscription" and it's impossible to navigate. They dont even allow you to cancel completely. Why, if someone chose the ONE MONTH option would you continue to charge them? Finally I figured out how to put it on hold...and one of the options in the reasons for leaving section is "I did not understand I was signing up for a subscription" I used their service for one month and never signed back in after that. And both the people I found on Care.com...NEITHER showed up to work.
They obviously intentionally make it very confusing to people...and their scam works. How can they get away with making you go through a maze to find what you supposedly signed up for? Disgrace!

nadian13
2/3/19

I needed to hire a temporally care giver and got a membership for just a month. I got a lot of messages from many applicants but after one month it was stopped. I got an email from the company which said "your job is closed. Did you hire someone?" After 6 months I noticed this company was charging me monthly for the account which was not active. I did not receive even one message from job seeker. It is a smart way to steal money from people: deactivate the account with monthly charge. If I was getting message I would notice that the account is active. WORST COMPANY EVER.

carlaw64
1/31/19

I set up a profile to secure childcare for my first born. However we decided to go with family and did not use these services. I didn't realize I had agreed to a quarterly fee of $78 until after almost 1.5 year of them charging my credit card. I requested a refund because it's clear I did not use the service and my request was rejected. BE AWARE!!!

judithk80
1/30/19

This company a bad , nothing but a scam...I was with them , long time they closed my account after collected the fee for membership MORE THEN 2 TIMES , I could NOT get back...jobs that postings NOT real
THE COMPANI MUST BE CLOSED FOR GOOD...I GOING TO HIRE A LAWER AND SUE THEM....

johne459
1/30/19

Signed up for 3 days and tried to get some help for a simple task. Could not get anyone to respond to messages. Was told that was not their fault, and that I could not get any of my $31 back. Trust this company at the risk of your own money.

stephaniec410
1/29/19

Caredotcom can and will terminate your profile with no cause and does so regularly. I recently had to report a family to adult protective services for abuse and neglect and the family retaliated by reporting my profile. It was removed after being in good standing for 8 years.
Then to add insult to injury they email everyone you've had dialog with to tell them your account was terminated.
Leaving them to think the worst. This is horrifying to those of us who are in the middle of the hiring process and tarnishes our reputations. 8 years of excellence and I now have patients questioning why I was removed. This has cost me work at a profession I cherish. If I could give this site ZERO stars, I would. Stay away from this shameless company.
Shame on them!

samh230
1/28/19

This site made me waste a bunch of time making a profile that said was free.
Once someone wanted me to watch there pet. They sent me to a pay screen for 30 bucks. I cant write them to say anything and made me look like a idiot in my town.

loril186
1/25/19

To anyone hiring from care.com, please note, care.com WILL ALLOW someone with a DUI on their driving record to be a member on their site, for you to hire. As long as the candidate can have the charge expunged from their record they will gladly let you be a member of their site. Some states will allow expungement of such a charge after only 5 years. However, some states will not allow expungement of any alcohol or drug related charge, ever. So, if you live in such a state and you made a mistake 20 years ago, were charged with a misdemeanor, completed everything ordered by the court, never had another charge of its kind and are honest and forthcoming about it to care.com, you will never be able to be a member of their site, for life. No if, ands or buts, no exceptions!
Personally, I would want the honest person who learned from their mistake to work for me, not the person who, with the help of care.com, hides it.
This is how it works, they run a background check and pull your driving records. If something shows up (DUI, dwai, careless driving, etc.) Care.com will send you an email stating you have 7 business days to clear it up. If you can get the charge expunged from your record you can be a member on their site, if not, you are banded for life. No joke!

chrissyr16
1/23/19

My account was closed and was told it was because of fraudulent activity. Nothing could be further from the truth. When I called I was told that the account was closed and the ad taken down - done deal. What happened to the six months I just paid? They take it and thats that.

Will never use them and will tell my mommy friends this site is a scam.

michelles709
1/23/19

They will shut you down and not give you any legitimate reason in doing so. I hired a healthcare worker from their site and they lied and didn't show up and then when I left her a negative review on the site she complained about me and Care.com took her side with out asking me for the evidence i had. so I would highly question Care.com's motives and their operating procedures and the people that they have on their service.

jessb91
1/21/19

First off, they are just trying to get money from you, but the number of families I was contacted buy who didn't even bother to interview me just wanted to hire me with very little notice was staggering. If I asked a question they were never heard from again. If you're looking to flush money down the toilet go ahead and sign up for care.com, the positive reviews are probably bots because I doubt a single real person using this site actually has great luck on it.

christinac274
1/20/19

I was shocked to see so many dissatisfied individuals due to Care,Com. I have been using the website since 4.2018. I was working with an agency when I by sheer luck received info about this website. I was able to obtain my first position off the site paying no $$ at all. i have only pd the $20 site fee when actively seeking employment. Since I've been using the site I have been able to keep busy with a full schedule while making more $$ than working for an agency.

donnaw323
1/17/19

I thought it was a scam when no one was replying to my messages. So I applied to every ad on there in the special needs catagory and sure enough, NOTHING!!

michellel414
1/15/19

Care.com is nothing but a scam a ploy to set you up for nothing more than a let down they take your money and could try that they are going to help consumers Place potential clients in jobs and take consumers who are looking for jobs who are trying to apply for positions in either which can get through you cannot tell me that I have applied for over 30 jobs and not one person has even checked one of my messages I paid into your little scam for 1 month thinking that was why no one was ever getting my messages and if my applications but that's not the case because I paid into it and it still was the exact same thing 20 resume sent out and not one person checked any of my messages what a bunch of fraud I want my money back don't get your hopes up people whether it's you're looking for someone to hire or you're trying to find a job to get hired from it's not going to happen they're just going to take your money and run

Update

Response to my 1st reply

I have actually had families contact me thru my resume references, I'm not neong bias but my resume is pretty good, I have had many tell ke they reply I don't understamd why ibdont get them and I havr had people reaxh out to me that I didnt apply for also reaching me another way. U see. I dont know what ot is you do but I'm onto it and I know for fact you pick amd xhoose what goes amd what doesn't.period

Response from Jennifer M., Care.com Representative
We're so sorry you feel this way, Michelle! It is ultimately the family' decision to reply to the applications they receive although we advise everyone to reply promptly to their messages, we're so sorry if this has not been your experience. I suggest applying to all jobs that interest you and send a follow up message if you don’t hear anything back. I thought this article on the site might be helpful as well; http://tinyurl.com/zum4fvj>. Feel free to email us at careteam@care.com or message us on Facebook or Twitter if you have other questions or concern!
taheneh
1/14/19

This is a horrible business. They have no sense of integrity or ethics. Terrible customer service department. Poorly run website. They charged my credit card without any notification, invoice or receipt. Complete fraud.

keelind1
1/11/19

Firstly of all, I had my account for over 3 years and never got a job. Then my account was randomly deleted out of no where a week ago. Made a new account because I have always really wanted this site to work and I get a notification that I have to upgrade to let the jobs I apply to respond back to me. I don't know what the point of the free app is then. And I would never pay how much they want you to pay to upgrade.

danielaa21
1/9/19

My account was terminated for no reason. Suddenly i tried to log in and it didnt let me, so i try resetting my password and it didnt allow me which was weird so when i checked my email i saw my account was terminated and i called and they dont want to let me know why it was terminated not only that everyone i was in contact with for a job received an email from care.com letting them know i was terminated, one of those person forward me the email and it is not how care.com says they let them know but instead make it sound like if you were a criminal or something bad you did when you technically don't know what is going on. I lost interviews because of that and is so unfair. Care.com should at least investigate what is going on before terminated anyone's account. I've been a member for probably 10 years and never had an issue until now.

doras41
1/9/19

I am mad because they calculated the interest on the whole year of the amount of purchased and not the balance owed. People, just a piece of advice since I work for a bank. You can do better in getting a personal loan or credit card at a bank with interest of 11%or better if you have a good credit score than throwing your money away and making them make their money off you.

maggiel49
12/27/18

This scammer went by the name of Sarah James and uses the email sarah.james0211@gmail.com. Don't fall for their lies and don't accept their check. The check will bounce and your bank will have to investigate it because it's a fraud check. I fell for it and if you're reading this please don't fall for it either. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I went through. It's a sense of false hope, with the offering of a job. And then there's all that time wasted going back and forth in emails. Below I've provided pictures they sent to me of 'them'. It probably isn't them and they took it from the internet or their last victim.

Response from Jennifer M., Care.com Representative
We're sorry you've experienced this Maggie. I encourage you to check out this article from the Safety Center on the site: <http://tinyurl.com/mo787wz> about detecting and avoiding these types of scams. Feel free to email us as well at careteam@care.com so that our Safety team can take a further look!
nualar2
12/16/18

I'm of the firm belief a large proportion of advertisements seeking care givers are false. I'm attuned to reading between the lines of false and/or misleading advertising & conclude the only thing care.com.au (care Australia) does well is exactly this. They post their own advertisements to mislead & boost membership.
The laws and regulations set down by the ACCC and our court's don't allow for the blatant & continuous manipulation of fact and the observance of reasonable commercial behaviour patterns plainly disregarded by care.com.au
I would urge everyone who has been stung by care.com.au to lodge a complaint with the ACCC. Nothing will change & they'll continue to practice until we, those who have been taken advantage of, complain.
Get mad & then get even.

suer306
12/15/18

In September I signed up for a birthday special. Just looked at my visa and the automatically took out $39.99 without my permission. I had signed up for the birthday special in the past and this didn't happen. I believe that this is fraud. Beware!!!

Response from Jennifer M., Care.com Representative
As stated in our Terms of Use and twice on the upgrade page when you had initially signed up, all of our subscriptions automatically renew until cancelled. This is a setting you can edit at any point after upgrading in your Account & Settings page by selecting the Downgrade option. We apologize if you misunderstood our billing policies, but do hope you were able to find the care you were looking for! Best wishes!
meg3
12/14/18

care.com has hidden terms and conditions and charged me for several months without noticing me. There is no way to ask for a refund or complain about their website, you simply lose your money. Be careful!

lissettea5
12/13/18

If I could give them zero stars, I would. They are absolutely terrible. Last time I got a subscription I didn't know I was supposed to cancel it so that they would stop billing me, my mistake. Well the second time around when I got a subscription I had made sure that my subscription was not on going through iTunes. Well then I got billed again after making sure I had no on going subscriptions. Turns out they now make you go deep into the app into your account to cancel subscriptions instead of iTunes holding the subscription information. Care.com will do anything to take your money and they will not give it back. They are snakes and I never write reviews about anyone but they have taken my money twice now. Don't be apart of their scams.

Response from Jennifer M., Care.com Representative
As an iOS mobile user, your Care.com subscription is billed and managed directly through your iTunes account. We unfortunately do not have the ability to downgrade accounts upgraded through the app. To downgrade your membership on your phone, go to > Settings > iTunes & App Store section > click on 'Apple ID: your email address' on top > click View ID > Subscriptions > Care.com > Cancel Subscription. For more information about managing your Care.com subscription via iTunes, please click; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
briany40
12/9/18

There is no formal address listed on Google so you can't formally review them. No sitters or nannys have a background check done on the site. They tell you it's part of your "premium membership" but then they tell you to run your own background check because they do not. Worst scam involving the care of your children which makes this company even worse. They just take money and send any random person to your home and tell you they are part of their network. Keep you kids safe and stay away.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I am planninng on filing a law suit. They are taking advantage of families who are trying to get help.

By Jona B.

Steer clear from Care.com or what we prefer to call Care-aless. Com!!! They are only about profit for them. The site is for trollers that prey on innocent families. You'd be better off putting an ad in your local newspaper. Most local newspapers also have online readership too!

By MT R.
I have 2 questions about Care.com. #1 Why dont they send a receipt to my email when auto renew billing?..I have paid for one month and one month only. I tried to find caregivers but discovered after investigating this company, that the babysitters are not properly vetted and the background checks they use are not correct. I was scammed out of hundreds of dollars over months by unauthorized renewed memberships fees. I never checked a box anywhere stating I wanted a permanent membership. This is illegal. #2 I tried to remove my credit card information from the system after realizing the amount of fraud and scams on this webiste and found that the only way to cancel your membership AND erase your banking inforamtion with Care.com is to cancel your credit card. However, Care.com can and will contact your credit card company and obatin your new credit card. How is this legal? The only way to pull the credit card information off the system is to replace it with another credit card. I called Care.com service center and they said they have no knowlegde of how to remove a credit card. So even after I cancelled my bank card I still was continued to be charged by Care.com on my new bank card. I was mad after demanding a refund when I called and was refused. Since I no longer trusted care.com with anything I cancelled my bank card instead of cancelling my membership...which I initailly tried to do but was so frustrated and upset I cancelled my card..Now I have yet another 2 months of unauthorized billing cycles on my new card. Why is this going on? Care.com is a scam, a ripoff, a fraud, theiving criminals. I hope someone burns the office to the ground.

I am determined to shut this site down. I am contacting news programs, The Today Show, Good Morning America and any and all others. Shut them down!!!

By Susan M.

I would be cautious. I hope she is not moving for the job, as that is NOT a good idea. I get text messages daily from people asking me to email them (often for a friend), or someone coming from out of town or whatever. I delete these right away. First of all, they should go through the regular website and email you. No one would hire anyone without first meeting them, checking references, etc. I am sitting at the home of someone I took with through the Care site. I first communicated via email, then set up a face to face and met the kids. If it seems too good to be true, it is. USE COMMON SENSE! Seriously, if you don't have common sense you really shouldn't be taking care of kids, pets or anyone else!

By Cathy K.

If I were you I'd choose another site. Care.com is terrible.

By Susan M.

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they have a big money backer and can screw people of their money and lack of customer service? They should be called, I don't care.com

By scott d.

Care.com is set up for parents that pay for the service...Parents can enroll for free and place and add. However, If they do not forward their credit card any messages from caregivers will have a blocked phone number. the babysitter cam also enroll for free and make a profile for her services. However if she does nor forward her credit card she can only apply to 8 jobs every 28 days and only the ads from parents that have paid for an account will be able to contact her..DO NOT respond to anyone contacting you on your phone that did not contact through Care.com first...This is always a scam...The message will look like this: I am moving to your area soon and need car for my son/daughter. Kindly respond to my email..(They are looking to scam you for money.)

By Sarah L.

This is so sad!! I have been on both sides as I have an assisted living home in Pensacola Florida. I used care.com to staff my home; awful. Then when I had myself on as a provider they suspended me for a 14 year old non viloent misdemeanor, and they did not even have my permission to check past 7. They want you to get crappy providers, the good ones are kicked off because once ya get a good one, you no longer need them. Cash cow corrupt company who makes rules up as they go along, I heard 20/20 is doing a special. I plan to contact them, as I am verifiably the best care coordinator hands down, extremely good with direct care. You will only ever be returned 1 month contact the Federal Trade Commission file a complaint that's what I did, the more problems the better the case against care,com

By Katrina H.

Sitter city.com could help you. I have honestly had nothing but problems with care.com . They make up rules as they decide not how things are written and do not follow their own privacy policy. They feed on single moms and dads . As well as children providing for aging parents You can place an add on Craigslist as well, for free and your prospective employee provides their own background check as it can be a most recent one and obtained by themselves at 5 to 10 dollars

By Katrina H.

Take a screen shot of the text she sent you. Document that text. If you think she can potentially cause you harm, report her threat to the police. If she claims you were inappropriate with her, she could cause you a tremendous uphill battle for a long time. That threat shouldn't be taken lightly. Reporting her to your local police will document her false claim.

By Pam G.
Questions? Get answers from the Care.com staff and other customers.

Care.com?