Review of Care.com

Tel: 877-227-3115
optout@care.com

susanh615
11/12/18

Care.com takes your money but does absolutely nothing for you. They allow reviews from unverified fake accounts. When you tell them they will lose your business, they tell you you will never be allowed back again. Like I want to pay money to people who allow my business to be potentially damaged. I would expect that from a free site like Yelp but not form a paid site like Care.com. It would be easy enough, at least in my case to prove a review is fake. They are not interested in helping. $171 a quarter for nothing. Spend your money elsewhere.

danielleh134
11/11/18

You have to pay to us care.com and it's stupid! There's no trial run and they don't refund you!!! I accidentally got a year long subscription, I thought they were only going to charge me per month, I immediately downgraded my account and contacted a representative who was no help! She tried to accuse me of not purchasing anything even tho my bank account said different. I had to email them to get help and it's a different person Everytime where they refused to give me my money back even tho it had only been a couple days! And I hadn't even hired someone from the site. They said I could downgrade but still charged me and they over charged me! And now it'll be over a week before I see my money! I will not recommend this company I shouldn't have to pay per month to use it! I already can't afford a sitter I don't need them taking my money. 55 bucks could of been used for someone to watch my kid now I just lost money.

marys1070
11/9/18

I had many scamers get ahold of me from this site. And most the people was fake And they closed my account from a 20 year old DUI
20 years old..!!

brookej28
11/9/18

UPDATE: They did offer to downgrade me to the lowest membership for 1 month 'just this one time'. So I got a partial refund for this, I am still weirded out that I can't delete my CC information if I have a 'premium' membership. They basically hold your card hostage until you're back to 'basic'...still feels shady in that sense.

AHHH! I wish I would have found this site before I had signed up for their bogus 'premium' membership. For starters they offer three different memberships, I signed up for the 3 month thinking it was month to month... they're very vague in how they bill you and minutes after signing up I reached out to CS to get a refund. I got an email back saying they don't refund ANYTHING, which is crazy! I would understand if I had been on there for weeks or months and got what I needed and tried to get my money back but literally 5 minutes and they totally blew me off. I immediately 'downgraded' my membership so I wouldn't be charged again and what I find to be incredibly concerning is the fact that I CANNOT delete my card information off their website. Their 'matching' service is bogus, the applicants for my job have a clearly generic message that did not pertain to my family in anyway. I am SO MAD that I was swindled by this company. I am honestly shocked that a company of this size and platform would have such a lack of customer service and ethics. Please do not use this site...

sy31
11/6/18

I initially posted a job for a nanny for my infant child. I paid for a 3 month subscription. They kept charging me quarterly after that. I only found out after 3 additional charges made to my card. This should have been made clear to any customer upfront. Furthermore, it is not easy to contact them. I can't find any phone number for customer service. When I tried using the contact form via e-mail, it would not send because I needed to provide 'a valid UK number' which is not possible since I live in US. I would not recommend this site to anyone. I feel like I've been scammed.

leatriss
11/5/18

They way they present there monthly packages is phoney. All the subscription say monthly with a 3 or 12 mos subscription. Then you are billed monthly. Its bogus.. I just double checked and it has a star beside the 49$ month saying it auto renew... then if I want an ongoing service why wouldn't I choose the other discounted option.

Furthermore they is no ressources in my area! Its a scam! 49$ for a month i get but auto renewing a month subscription is abuse.

No one answers the the 1855 502-.... number... no one ever answers!!! Scam!!! Fraud!! Stay away

irent1
11/4/18

I paid one month subscription of a Premium Membership in July 2017. I contacted about 70 potential employers and had no response. I found it utterly useless and stopped going to this web site only to find out 15 month later that they are still charging me on a monthly basis for their Premium Member Subscription. When I contacted them and complained they have agreed to cancel the very last payment but it was to late to cancel previous payments even though I didn't use their services and have been completely unaware, that I was being charged during all this time.

emf8
11/2/18

I am writing this review because Chear at customer service was very helpful when cancelling my premium membership. If it wasn't for her, I would be rating care.com 1 star like the majority of people on here. I didn't find the site useful or worth the subscription fee and I decided to cancel after less than a month of membership. Instead of making the process of cancellation difficult, she was very courteous and refunded me my initial membership fee. It's always a blessing to find somebody who puts the customer first. It is employees like her that make the corporate aspect disappear to a human to human interaction, which is how it should be. Thank you again, Chear!
Just a tip, if you're like me and want to speak to a real person instead of automated responses or emailing, the customer service number is 887-227-3115.

Tip for consumers: Customer service because of Chear is 5 stars. Site itself is not worth the subscription fee. Value = not worth the premium membership

dawna95
10/21/18

I believe that care.com is being ran by people overseas who were able to hack into the security software so they can steal your credit card information. I was a free member of care for 3 years, applied as a babysitterto numerous jobs in my area for people that supposedly lived less than a mile from my house. I never received any offers or replies. After awhile I noticed that a lot of job offers were worded almost exactly the same ie searching for a great babysitter, searching for a great housekeeper, ideal match will reach the requirements below, must love kids etc. I realized that these were all fake jobs. I also started receiving texts from fake numbers from people who said they needed a babysitter. Luckily I never gave out my credit card information and had better luck on Craigslist and Facebook finding jobs. Do not use care.com for your own safety. Also report any care jobs that are listed on indeed, most of them are all fake!

raind4
10/18/18

The worst experience for my first time accessing any child care company online! I have wrote several people regarding services and have not received any correspondence! I downgraded last month and some how was still charged by this fraud company. I wish I had simply googled reviews for care.com to learn how horrible the services actually are! They charge fees for nothing!

claireb110
10/18/18

If you decide that you would like to use one of their packages when you sign up (Mistake #1), even after you discover that the site is not for you, you cannot be refunded the unused amount. This is not clear unless you Google it. You are also unable to delete your financial information, which is a concern, even after downgrading and closing your account, which will stay open for the world to see, even if you are not using the service. Overall, the financial aspect is unclear AND binding, which is a terrible combination. Will never use again-- huge mistake overall. I'm sorry that I trusted this site to help me find what I need for my family.

zoltanv4
10/15/18

Very expensive for what it is; just an ad board; not good in matching you with service you need.
Monthly subscription auto renews without any warning.
Keeps on spamming you.
Once membership is over it doesn't allow you to even see your previous correspondence.

ryanm146
10/15/18

Do you ever wonder why providers/caregivers end up on Care.com? Perhaps no ACTUAL company will hire them or perhaps they are job hoppers or drug seekers? Hmmmmm? I wonder?

I understand that you THINK you know how to hire, but you have no idea what kind of people are out there and how happy they are to sue you the first time things don't go their way. Hire professionals selected by local companies that screen, insure and actually know how to sniff out the BS...oh, and that pay taxes required by law.

heatherk133
10/10/18

Care.com sent out a defamatory email to everyone I ever contacted there when I left a deservedly poor review for an employee who skipped out on me without notice as required by the contract that she agreed to and signed. I was not given notice, the reason, nor an opportunity to defend myself or even respond or know the reason why after taking my money to the tune of nearly $50 per mo for 6 months now. The defamatory email implies that I am guilty of criminality or near criminal behavior. I am beyond offended. I want to sue them for libel and defamation of character.

debb143
10/10/18

being new to an area i joined Care.com looking to hire a caregiver for my special needs daughter. I had not upgraded to pay for the services until it showed me that i had applicants applying for the job i posted. i thought GREAT..so i joined only to find out that there were NO actual applicants so not sure why it indicated i had applicants. I have had ZERO luck finding a caregiver for my daughter after contacting SEVERAL "ACTIVE" caregivers in the area only to be told they are no longer in area or no longer available. this site does not keep current or accurate applicants. i believe this site is a scam!!

shannons224
10/10/18

Please come to Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Care-Dot-Com-Sucks-2142067309396441/
Tell us your story let's ban together to get this company accountable for their actions

margarets260
10/5/18

The nanny we hired is good. More of a babysitter but we only needed someone short term. I signed up for the 1 month trial thinking that a one month trial is only for 1 month. 4 months later realizing that unless you cancel after 1 month you pay for life until you cancel and then you still have to finish off 1more month. They are not very friendly or helpful when you approach them about it.
Don't make the same mistake I did. Learn from mine.

jillianj12
10/5/18
• Updated review

Sorry for the delayed update...
It took me about 3 months to sort out what Care.com did! It wasn't that I couldn't find a customer service number for Care.com - it was that I could not find a phone number that was not immediately directed to the Philippines! Every time I called the Philippines, I was told that they had policies that they had to adhere to and would not be able to help me further! I needed to find someone who could actually do something! I needed to find Care.com's corporate office! After searching the Internet I finally found a number in Massachusetts. I called and left ten voicemails (over a period of 10 days). Finally, I received a generic voicemail letting me know that there was nothing Care.com could do! They are the most frustrating company to deal with! I called the 1 800 number on the back of my Chase Card to make sure another charge wasn't going to pass through another month (since I already put a block against Care.com on my Chase Card). Chase Bank listened to my story and within two days sent me two pages of paperwork to fill out. They asked for information about what transpired to date and if I had names, dates, times etc. Thankfully I did keep that information on a notepad so I was able to fill out the paperwork and send it back to Chase right away.
On my very next Chase Credit Card statement, I received credit for EVERYTHING Care.com charged me! Every single penny! Very thankful to Chase Bank for understanding what happened and for taking my side and please everyone stay AWAY from Care.com!!

“Care.com is a sham!”
12/1/17
• Previous review

They are the worst case of large business with bad practice! They have ZERO customer service and it took me 1 hour to reach their customer service! They don't have their phone number on their website (where I spent 20 minutes looking) so I had to scour the internet to find a working one! I finally found it with Google! There "customer service" number goes directly to the Philippines, where they do nothing!! They sign people up with the option of a month membership and if you buy this option they will continue to charge you until you call to cancel! With my 1 month membership I also joined for a premium membership for the same month. This makes sure that our ad is "scene" boldly for 30 days. After 2 weeks they "closed" my job. I called to find out why and they said that each job has an expiration date and mine was 2 weeks. I said to the women that it was ridiculous that they would charge me for a one month premium membership only to close my job after 2 weeks! She talked in circles and then said it is their policy that they cannot credit my account with the lost time! They refused to give me 2 weeks free to compensate for the 2 weeks that the ad was not posted! I tried to ask for a supervisor and was disconnected. I called again and after explaining my story AGAIN, was told that they needed to take my information to pass along to a supervisor! I never heard back! Also, please notice that when you go to the Care.com site to find employees, many of the candidates are having their "friends" sign up to leave reviews! Most are obvious! Not only have I noticed the SAME reviews on multiple applicant accounts but I also heard this from 2 that I interviewed (before my job was closed). With their permission, I did a background/driving record check on both candidates. I found that one had a suspended license and the other's background was fine. After speaking again with this candidate I found out that she was accepting unemployment welfare, rent $ and food stamps. I would understand that necessity but this women gave me references dating back 8 years for full-time employment cleaning houses!! Care.com only wants your money!!!

mackp13
10/2/18

Never found anyone worthwhile or remotely professional. Care continued to charge my credit card $39/mo even after I downgraded, which takes you through a very confusing peocess. Unable to delete my CC info or account. I would never use again and warn anyone who is thinking of it.

johnc1760
10/1/18

you been charging our card $49 a month for the last 26 months we can't get ahold of anybody to stop the charges we don't even have an active account. you are this company will never be able to get a hold of them you won't be able to ever cancel your account complete scammers.

johnt842
9/29/18

One should remember to cancel (downgrade) their membership otherwise the charges will be recurring (the cheating part). They have intentionally hidden how to cancel the membership, Calling it downgrading. I did find someone though. But it is a business based upon dishonesty

maryo169
9/28/18

I am a pediatrician and I would recommend that NO ONE use this site. I am trying to book a sitter for an out of town wedding for my grandson. I thought I had booked someone over a week ago but they did not show up. I am now scrambling to find someone for to watch my grandson for my daughter's wedding reception tomorrow night. It is a horribly complicated site to find someone for a short term need. They did not send my responses to anyone - even thought they state they were "delivered"

susanw460
9/24/18

Unreliable people on here who all want paid "under the table" in cash at a Registered Nurses hourly rate to babysit. Hired a 20 something year old on a Thursday and then asked her a question on the care.com messaging system about coming in 1 hour earlier her first day on Monday and was surprised to find out she found a different nanny position but didn't bother to tell me! Left me hanging and scrambling to find care for my 2 babies last minute! And lots of older caregivers who want paid under the table and don't want you to report your child care expenses to the IRS so you can get your well deserved Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit. I spend over 10,000 per year on childcare! I need to report that on my taxes! They would rather YOU pay the taxes on the dollars you pay them than for them to pay taxes!! Total deadbeats who don't want a real job b/c then they would have to pay taxes. Reported this finding to care.com which their terms and conditions state that you must comply with federal tax laws and they just didn't care. Should be called "Idon'tcare.com". Save your money and look elsewhere.

mayr17
9/21/18

Care.com is a scam! They advertise on the baby first channel on cable claiming to have qualified nannies and babysitters who have been background checked. They don't mention that you need to pay an additional fee in addition to what you have to pay for membership to get some sort of background check. In addition the few people that have responded to my full time nanny ad are either full time students who don't have very much time to do anything but simple babysitting or are already gainfully employed persons who forgot to take their resumes off of the website once they found work. In hind sight I wish I hadn't wasted my time nor my money on care.com!
I will be filing an official complaint against care.com with the Better Business Bureau!

cassyw3
9/21/18

The site setup is crap, paying to see responses is a ploy, and $20 a month is way too much. Just signing up was a hassle as it asked for the same info several times. They send so many emails it's spam. Job posts are vague and some offer payment that's less than minimum wage. How does that even make sense? If you're paying $20/month just for the website why would you agree to less than min. wage an hour? Ridiculous.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I am planninng on filing a law suit. They are taking advantage of families who are trying to get help.

By Jona B.

Steer clear from Care.com or what we prefer to call Care-aless. Com!!! They are only about profit for them. The site is for trollers that prey on innocent families. You'd be better off putting an ad in your local newspaper. Most local newspapers also have online readership too!

By MT R.
I have 2 questions about Care.com. #1 Why dont they send a receipt to my email when auto renew billing?..I have paid for one month and one month only. I tried to find caregivers but discovered after investigating this company, that the babysitters are not properly vetted and the background checks they use are not correct. I was scammed out of hundreds of dollars over months by unauthorized renewed memberships fees. I never checked a box anywhere stating I wanted a permanent membership. This is illegal. #2 I tried to remove my credit card information from the system after realizing the amount of fraud and scams on this webiste and found that the only way to cancel your membership AND erase your banking inforamtion with Care.com is to cancel your credit card. However, Care.com can and will contact your credit card company and obatin your new credit card. How is this legal? The only way to pull the credit card information off the system is to replace it with another credit card. I called Care.com service center and they said they have no knowlegde of how to remove a credit card. So even after I cancelled my bank card I still was continued to be charged by Care.com on my new bank card. I was mad after demanding a refund when I called and was refused. Since I no longer trusted care.com with anything I cancelled my bank card instead of cancelling my membership...which I initailly tried to do but was so frustrated and upset I cancelled my card..Now I have yet another 2 months of unauthorized billing cycles on my new card. Why is this going on? Care.com is a scam, a ripoff, a fraud, theiving criminals. I hope someone burns the office to the ground.

I am determined to shut this site down. I am contacting news programs, The Today Show, Good Morning America and any and all others. Shut them down!!!

By Susan M.

I would be cautious. I hope she is not moving for the job, as that is NOT a good idea. I get text messages daily from people asking me to email them (often for a friend), or someone coming from out of town or whatever. I delete these right away. First of all, they should go through the regular website and email you. No one would hire anyone without first meeting them, checking references, etc. I am sitting at the home of someone I took with through the Care site. I first communicated via email, then set up a face to face and met the kids. If it seems too good to be true, it is. USE COMMON SENSE! Seriously, if you don't have common sense you really shouldn't be taking care of kids, pets or anyone else!

By Cathy K.

If I were you I'd choose another site. Care.com is terrible.

By Susan M.

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe they have a big money backer and can screw people of their money and lack of customer service? They should be called, I don't care.com

By scott d.

Care.com is set up for parents that pay for the service...Parents can enroll for free and place and add. However, If they do not forward their credit card any messages from caregivers will have a blocked phone number. the babysitter cam also enroll for free and make a profile for her services. However if she does nor forward her credit card she can only apply to 8 jobs every 28 days and only the ads from parents that have paid for an account will be able to contact her..DO NOT respond to anyone contacting you on your phone that did not contact through Care.com first...This is always a scam...The message will look like this: I am moving to your area soon and need car for my son/daughter. Kindly respond to my email..(They are looking to scam you for money.)

By Sarah L.

This is so sad!! I have been on both sides as I have an assisted living home in Pensacola Florida. I used care.com to staff my home; awful. Then when I had myself on as a provider they suspended me for a 14 year old non viloent misdemeanor, and they did not even have my permission to check past 7. They want you to get crappy providers, the good ones are kicked off because once ya get a good one, you no longer need them. Cash cow corrupt company who makes rules up as they go along, I heard 20/20 is doing a special. I plan to contact them, as I am verifiably the best care coordinator hands down, extremely good with direct care. You will only ever be returned 1 month contact the Federal Trade Commission file a complaint that's what I did, the more problems the better the case against care,com

By Katrina H.

Sitter city.com could help you. I have honestly had nothing but problems with care.com . They make up rules as they decide not how things are written and do not follow their own privacy policy. They feed on single moms and dads . As well as children providing for aging parents You can place an add on Craigslist as well, for free and your prospective employee provides their own background check as it can be a most recent one and obtained by themselves at 5 to 10 dollars

By Katrina H.

Take a screen shot of the text she sent you. Document that text. If you think she can potentially cause you harm, report her threat to the police. If she claims you were inappropriate with her, she could cause you a tremendous uphill battle for a long time. That threat shouldn't be taken lightly. Reporting her to your local police will document her false claim.

By Pam G.
Questions? Get answers from the Care.com staff and other customers.

Care.com?