Review of eBags

Tel: 1-800-820-6126
help@ebags.com

shiral
5/8/19

I purchased a handbag, they didn't deliver the product at specified time and the quality is not price worthy.

non258
4/15/19

One last attempt through customer service was successful. They credited the small price difference and replaced the defective bag at no cost. It shouldn't have taken 3 attempts, but kudos to them for finally doing the right thing.

oonar1
3/29/19

We purchased two sets of Fortis Hardside Spinners. My husbands large suitcase has a zipper problem. So, he's been using the carry-on and will have to use our old suitcase for checked baggage. We bought these early for an upcoming trip and it's no longer covered by the 30 day return policy.

danal108
3/14/19

I paid 25.90 for 2 day delivery and will not receive until MAYBE at least 3 days so they claim til i get it. Last time ordering from this place.

larrym385
3/5/19

Purchased a carry on bag on Sunday (3/3) to be delivered on
Wednesday (3/6) for an upcoming trip leaving on Friday. I received an
email on Tuesday (3/5) stating that the bag I ordered and paid for was
out of stock. They even started the email with "Hello Valued Customer".
Ebags is selling merchandise that they don't have! Very disappointed to
say the least. I can not and will not ever deal with them ever again,
and will let others know about my experience as well. Lesson learned
I'll purchase my luggage locally or via Amazon. At least Amazon wouldn't
have sold something they didn't have and if they did, they always put
the customer first and make compensation for the inconvenience.

susane228
3/1/19

EBags double charged me for my order.
Customer service rep told me they processed the payment. Refused a refund and told me I was on my own.

The company MUST be ran by MILLENNIALS!!!

takuyai
1/21/19

I usually don't write negative reviews, but my experience eBags has been (and unfortunately still ongoing) extremely disappointing.

I purchased a very expensive suitcase which I needed for an upcoming business trip and used the 2 day shipping option to expedite the shipping. I received an email stating that the suitcase was shipped with a UPS tracking number, however the UPS website states that the package still hasn't been released to them even after 2 days that eBags claimed that the order shipped.

Customer reps only apologize about the situation and don't really take the initiative to resolve the issue. All of the emails I've received claim that the order will be shipped and/or have been shipped, which is not true.

I was extremely hesitant about purchasing anything from eBags due to their negative reviews. In conclusion, I also recommend all future buyers to consider all options before purchasing from eBags unless they want to go through headaches. I'm very hesitant to purchase from them ever again and don't recommend the company to any of my family/friends/coworkers.

philipc160
12/6/18

As with many others reporting here- Failed to deliver on time, offered rote excuses, refused to cancel order, failed to keep promises regarding facilitating return. Resolution still pending. Order from them and expect endless frustration. READ REVIEWS BEFORE ORDERING! I regret not having done so.

seanf96
10/6/18

Sent wrong item that was cheaper and refused to return refund or replace!! Customer service rep never replied. When I emailed them, they finally did. No satisfaction on my end.

gg108
10/1/18

Sold me a defective golf bag. Faded within 2 months. Golf bags are made to be In sun. Customer service insulting and terrible. Gave me a run around had me contact manufacturer NO resolution. Got order wrong twice

vanessaa66
9/18/18

Contacted customer service numerous times. They could not tell me when the bag would ship and refused to refund my money.

susanf64
8/30/18

Received the wrong item three times. They were aware of the issue and took no steps to insure I was sent the correct item. The worst company I've ever dealt with on the internet! Total incompetence from the shipping dept. to customer service.

lorib215
8/12/18

Awful service. I ordered Tumi bags. The website popped up an offer asking me if I wanted FREE monogramming. I chose the selection, spent a bit of time deciding how and what I wanted and ordered.

The bags showed up with blank patches and when I contacted customer service, their response, multiple times was "not all bags can be monogrammed".

The crazy thing is that I would not have even thought about monogramming at the time if their website had not offered it on BOTH of these pieces.

I took the luggage to the Tumi store and had them monogrammed. Customer service was poor and they offered nothing for the inconvenience and simply held to their "not all bags can be monogrammed" response rather than apologizing specifically for their offer that did not apply .

I will not be ordering from eBags again.

jeannes82
8/11/18

I bought a "weekender" bag in October 2017 and it was really too heavy for true usage. I can't use it. I neglected to return the 2017 purchase quickly and went to look at the return policy (figuring I was out of luck, as I am) - but unfortunately I see that in the past 3-4 years they have (1) reduced their return window from 60 to 30 days (which for an online retailer is a very small window, ESPECIALLY for people traveling, and it caters to travelers), (2) added a $4.95 per item return fee (which is insane, a restocking fee on even $10 products amounts to a ripoff), so it's essentially a "you buy it, you keep it" policy for items under $20 or so, and (3) developed a nasty customer service problem, based on these reviews. Prior to the 2017 purchase I'd bought a lot of packing cube type bags from them and had a good experience, quite good. I think Amazon is crushing ebags because it seems that they are changing their business in ways that will make things worse for them.

davidb1644
7/29/18

I keep reading negative reviews about eBags, and am pretty surprised. I have ordered from them several times (10+) and have received them very quickly. On one bag, I didn't like the color, and returned it with no hassle, they paid shipping. On my Crew Cooler, they replaced the lining after only having to send pictures. As for the luggage, going on four years and many uses with no issues.

nicke61
7/27/18

This company sends the complete incorrect product, then expects you to return it, then you have to re order the order you paid for. This all with a three week wait.
This is the fine work of their robotic customer 'success' team.
And no apology at all.
Do not purchase from this glossy multinational owned retailer, you will only be disappointed.

ronaldb109
7/13/18

I don't think this company sells first quality products. Would not do anything about a defective watch they sold me.

miken200
7/3/18

I placed an order with ebags 12 days ago and the item, which was shown as in stock, has still not shipped, and the company can still not give me an update of when it will ship. Because it has taken so long, I contacted them to cancel the order, and despite three calls to customer service in the last three days, ebags has still yet to be able to confirm whether the order can be canceled. To have this level of ineptitude from an online retailer in this day and age is appalling. I obviously will never be buying from them again and will tell anyone I can find to never use ebags.

stevenp227
6/4/18

I ordered travel pro overnight bag, which was to be delivered a week later...a few days later I received an email saying that there is a warehouse issue and they are not sure when the bag will arrive...called customer service to verify, and then canceled the order....as soon as order canceled my credit card was billed and a shipping notification was sent out....they then canceled the shipping notification, and told me my card was will be refunded once the bag is sent back...there is no bag that was shipped....there will be no refund....E Bags is a scam...stay away....just bought from Amazon...

susanm618
5/17/18

I ordered a bag and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Today I get the shipment with the other item but no bag. They have no idea where it is! They have to request status from warehouse and that will take 1-2 days to get a status! I cancelled the order because I can't have it arriving a week late when I am not home. Ordered replacement from Amazon and paid more. Tried to return the other item (which I only ordered to get free shipping) but they want a $4.95 restocking fee.

janetk97
5/14/18

You are better off buying from a store that has a return policy that does not limit u to 30 days. I got stuck with a unused Tumi bag that was supposed to hold a 13 inch computer and did not and they would not switch it to a more expensive backpack.

kathyt116
5/4/18

Purchased the Samsonite underseater from Ebags and found that this piece was way too large for the underseater space on my Alaska flight. The next day I called to return the luggage and they rejected the return because now it was a used item. The company expected the customer to research the aircraft luggage specifications before use. Calling the Samsonite underseater is false advertising because the only space it would fit would be first class section. This company does not know the meaning of customer satisfaction! I would highly advise others not to support Ebags.

franks296
4/27/18

I ordered the eBag Professional Weekender backpack, and it arrived quicker than expected. I've been very happy with it and subsequently ordered the Professional Slim laptop backpack for every day use and have also been pleased with it. It also arrived sooner than expected. Have had nothing but very good experiences with eBags.

idrissa7
3/7/18

not a good company poorly trained staff, because they don't have item in stock it might take 11 days to receive your item!!

roseannz
2/9/18

Unlike some of the reviews, I've always been satisfied with e-Bags shipments. I first came upon e-Bags from an ad somewhere. I ordered a large purse because I was flying to WI and needed something that could carry my iPad (regular sized), my novel, and all my other numerous things. This first purse was leather, very supple and lovely. However, the inside material shredded and came apart within a year and a half, so even though the outside still looks perfect, the inside is done for. It's down to the leather! The second purse I bought within the past 6 months also has the inside shredding. It was a different brand from the first purse-leather, but much harder, less supple leather. I still, just tonight, ordered a third purse for everyday use. It's not leather and I hope the inside will stay intact. All of this previous review tells the bad side of eBags.
The good side is that there are huge numbers of purses, wallets, carry-on bags, luggage, etc. on this site. Most of the purses are made for security as you travel, with reinforcement so that thieves can't cut the purse's strap away from you. There is also protection for you money and credit cards, as I believe there is some device that can scan your credit cards while they are in your purse!
You also get good coupons and discounts. You get money points for everything you buy. Many of the original prices are very economic, but with the money points from my previous purchases, I saved $10 on my purchase tonight.
So the only complaint I have, and it's a significant one, is that the material used in the inside compartments of the purses IS NOT LONG LASTING AT ALL!!! It shreds and comes apart. I have purses from 20-30 years ago, not from eBags, and the interior looks almost as good as new. EBags needs to make sure they change this bad problem.
Thank you.

Questions? Get answers from the eBags staff and other customers.

1 Photo for eBags