Review of DSW

dswrewards@dsw.com
2017 Customer choice award

brieannas3
3/19/19

I reached out to them for three days about not wanting an exchange order to be placed,and to not charge my account. They assured me several times that I would not be recharged and that they would notify me before they would even think about charging me for anything. They lied, I got charged anyways without any warning and overdrafted. I spoke to Three different people and sent emails to make sure it wouldn't happen and it still did! The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Save your money and order from somewhere else because they overcharge anyways.

candicem63
1/17/19

I swear sometimes the customer service I receive from live chat and email (excuse me, I mean "Shoephoria" as they call it) truly makes me think they are messing with me. Simple fixes turn into a 3 ring circus with a direct warp into a time suck of frustration and high blood pressure. Example: an item missing from my order that I was charged for should be a simple fix, nope! Missing points from my rewards should be simple to track, nope! Simple questions with a reference listed in their policies should be simple to explain, nope! Communication with these people is beyond frustrating. I'm considering closing my account and never spending my money there again after this merry go round of annoyance and idiocy they call customer service. At this point, I feel duped, I feel like they stole from me, and I feel like they are giving me the run around. I'll just have to go to the store to resolve this (since that's really convenient!) and hope for the best. While they do have great deals and a pretty decent selection, if anything goes wrong with your order, good luck chuck. I would rather pay more for the bare minimum decent customer service I can find anywhere else rather than take a deal and receive zero customer service at the utmost insulting level from people who clearly don't care or read for that matter.

lindap496
12/29/18

I'm a totally DSW fan. I love there boots, sneakers and there shoe clearance is tremendous. I love DSW!!! It's my go to source for shoes.

Tip for consumers: Love the coupons and you will to

emmak70
12/12/18

I ordered 2 pair of shoes from DSW and unfortunately they got stolen from my front porch, and I got in touch with customer service and they were so helpful! They gave me the choice of a refund or re sending the shoes, and because 1 pair became out of stock, they ended up sending 1 pair and refunding the other. They were so helpful, efficient, quick to respond, and accommodating. I really appreciated it!

cindyj120
11/26/18

I got a completely different shoe than what I ordered. Now the shoes I wanted are out of stock! I hate DSW they're absolutely terrible

tommied9
11/19/18

I have received two orders from DSW and they are great to deal with. Super fast shipping and wonderful prices. Thanks DSW!! Look forward to shopping with you again!!! Tommie Davis

ds311
11/8/18

BEST STORE EVER. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE WHO LOVES SHOES. PRICES ARE AFFORDABLE AND VERY REASONABLE FOR EVERYBODY.

lindam884
10/1/18

After you spend a long time looking for a pair of shoes, you expect to pay the price on the sticker and NOT be told that the store failed to change the sticker on the shoes when they changed the sticker on the box. The store would not honor the clearly visible lower price, which I find unacceptable.

carmelah6
9/4/18

I needed shoes for a wedding, and tried so many on, because I have a hammertoe.
My daughter was in the DSW store, and e-mailed me with the picture of a shoe, and
asked me if I liked it----I loved it! So we sent for a 6-1/2 and 7. It is a Nanette Lepore,
Danielle NL 1810603-Black. I tried both pairs on and the 6-1/2 was very comfortable.
I shoved that hammertoe right in the shoe, and started walking in them. I am 86 yrs.old and I danced all nite at the reception. Thank you DSW. Carmela H.-9/03/18

denisec245
8/31/18

I purchased 2 pair of sanders from DSW the maker is itialian made. Horrible horrible the shoes fell apart after one month. They refused to return the shoes to the manufacturer. And refused to help me. I was told it's not their problem. I'm no longer a customer

michaelz106
8/9/18

I buy shoes online, because I like the idea of buying NEW shoes; however, buying at DSW, you're sent shoes that have been worn before, and all too often have scuff marks, because the shoes ordered on DSW.com (as well as bags, and other accessories) are *not* shipped from a warehouse, but instead are simply shipped from one of DSW's 100s of stores. Buyer beware: if you buy shoes at DSW.com, you are getting shoes that have already been worn by someone shopping at a DSW, and they will probably arrive all scuffed up (which has happened to me much too often). I am done shopping at DSW! I now buy my shoes from Shoes.com (a subsidiary of Wal-Mart); the shoes come *brand new* from a warehouse, so you never have to worry about them arriving worn, and scuffed up! Auf wiedersehen, DSW!--you've lost a loyal customer!

steveh511
7/22/18

Apparently if you pay with Paypal - DSW will not exchange your shoes even though they had my money and we only wanted a different size. I called customer service and the first rep I spoke with could not clearly articulate a reason for this. So I asked for a supervisor who might explain it. What i got was a very fast speaking man from india with a very thick accent which made him unintelligible (and i have worked closely with indian nationals for years and traveled to india several times!). The end result was that they would only refund the amount of the shoe (less shipping - now 33% the cost of the shoe) even though shipping was supposedly FREE when I purchased it!!! RIPOFF ALERT!!

lucyl99
7/12/18

My TG purple shoes are eye catching!! Everyone compliments me at work and I give DSW all the credit!

jenc85
6/26/18

I ordered a pair of mens shoes (same style Ive purchased before & he liked so I knew what I was as ordering). These shoes were in stock & still have not arrived (email says due to arrive Sat) This will have taken (& thats if they come this Sat) almost 11 shipping/business days to get here. Thats ridiculously long. I should have just ordered on Amazon (but thought I should give other businesses a chance too when shopping online). Get it together DSW, a simplein stock itemshouldnt take more than 5-6 days at most to receive.

shirleyp98
6/20/18

Color, Style, Original, Comfortable, I feel special when I walk in the store, and online I get locked in. Hallelujah
Keep the coupons coming !

christinel175
6/15/18

Over all rating should be a negative. I ordered shoes from the store for my very special wedding day. I paid extra for 2 day shipping, well needless to say its been a week, and still no shoes. I called the store, they said come in and we will refund the shipping fee. No I live 45mins from the store; more concerned with where the shoes are for my wedding day. Called the 866 number was on hold for 30mins with no luck of speaking to someone. I also sent an email without a response. Terrible store, terrible customer service. I am beyond angry at this point.

terrie35
6/6/18

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed with this store!! Not only is their online services difficult the coupons and promotions are horrible to existing customers I rarely order shoes but when I do I usually go into a DSW store because online is so horrible, unfortunately the location I went too was extremely unhelpful and I had no choice but to order online. Once I ordered my shoes and also placed my free cooler in the promotion code spot I was excited to receive my shoes and bag. WEEKS later I received my shoes ONLY not the bag because only using the code didnt work if I would have had someone helping me @ the store I would of received both now because the service was HORRIBLE and online even worst I didnt receive a cooler or ANY type of compensation so disappointing this company would have bad service both in store and online. BYE DSW

christiner144
6/3/18

Purchased my prom sandals, graduation sandals as well as my clutch for prom.
All were perfect and the selection was great!

kavyad1
5/30/18

I should get a free weekender bag with 39$ or more purchase. But I didnt get anything. When I tried to contact associates nor calls not live chat is available I emailed them but havent heard anything. Very poor customer service

ks214
5/30/18

I ordered two purses (same style, different colors). Description on DSW website says purse comes with a logo charm; one of the purses I received did not include the logo charm. Tried calling number on receipt (that was with purses ... after being on hold over 30 minutes I hung up. Tried calling the next day and, after a 5 minute hold, decided to use the offer of them calling me back. Almost two hours later I did indeed receive a call, but I didn't pick up my phone in time and they left no message or call back number. I emailed (twice) and three days later have no response. I called again and, after a 50 minute wait FINALLY got to talk to a live person. After agreeing on a $15 credit for the missing logo charm, I received an email saying I had an $8.21 credit !! Probably not worth any more of my time to try to get the remainder of the promised credit so I'll probably return the purse. UPDATE: I did receive another $2.16 refund, making the total refund $10.37. DSW now claims I received $17.00 total refund! I did return the purse and they deducted $8.50 for a coupon they said I used to purchase the purse originally (I did not use any coupons) but I figure we're about even now, except for my time.

Tip for consumers: Be VERY CAREFUL if you order from DSW ... make sure it is EXACTLY what you want and are expecting ... contacting them and getting any kind of resolution is doubtful at best.

diannap12
5/26/18

Ordered a pair of shoes online to be picked up in the store nearest me. DSW.com took my coupons and credits, then charged my card for the balance. Showed up at the store more than 4 hours later, only to find the shoes had been SOLD to another customer. Manager claimed I wasn't charged and if I see a charge on my card to call Customer Service. Well there IS a charge on my card and I no longer have the $15 in VIP points. To date I have not gotten a response from Customer Service at all - it's like they don't exist! I have tried calling, emailing and Live Chat but never get ANYONE to respond. Total rip off - they sold my shoes and charged two customers!!

abigailc24
5/17/18

Shoes prices are incredible. No one can beat that. Very very fantastic and wonderful people that works at the store. I appreciate the experience.

sj77
5/16/18

They never send the coupons they promise. Customer Service is practically non existent. Unless you are in the store DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THESE SCANNERS!#

cathyk52
5/9/18

I received a pair of shoes (and I have ordered A LOT of shoes from DSW) on Friday and opened them up on Sunday to spray them with waterproofing. I found a security device on them, which I have never seen before. It appears to be the type that contains ink (maybe, but not sure??). I know that I tried, unsuccessfully, to cut the wire and received an ominous blinking red light. Sent an email to Customer Service on Sunday and no response, and it is now Wednesday. Calling CS right now and was told the wait would be 142 minutes...which I promptly thought was an error in the system, it was NOT. I've been on hold now for 51 minutes. Cannot wear the shoes, and afraid that cutting the security tag on them will ruin them...tempted to throw them away and order the shoes again vs. this circus they refer to as "Customer Service". Get your s*&t together DSW - I'm a frequent buyer and you are losing me as each minute ticks by.

carolynf54
4/30/18

I ordered online and received scuffed, used shoes. Its even more evident that they are used from where they were sent from- Returns Processing. They sent me returned shoes that someone obviously wore before returning them. I called to exchange them (I waited 19 minutes on hold) and they will not be here in time for the event I needed them for so now I must return for a refund. Which means, I must take time out of my day to drive to a DSW and return the shoes AND try to find new shoes for my event. I also emailed customer service and was first told the shoes were sent from an "alternate location" then I was told in a second email that they were "possibly" a return. The box I received reads "Returns Processing," it was a return despite how they want to spin it.

80 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

dsw.com (US) does not ship to canada. There is myus.com that you can create an account (signing up is free) and you will receive a US address that ships from that location to your address in Canada. Additional shipping costs with this third party applies for international shipping

By Abby S.

It is an automative system that tries to calculate the hold time based on how many calls have finished vs how many calls are coming in. It is annoying to be on hold for awhile but shoephoria! Center is the only call center in the nation, with a lot more shoe lovers calling in at once than the call representatives that are available

By Abby S.

No, once they are out of stock online and in stores it means the manufacturer completely ran out of supply. There is always a chance it will be restocked, though!

By Abby S.

Saturday and Sunday are not included as business days , and if the order is placed aftrr 4pm ET the first business day begins the next day

By Abby S.

Grat question! It is all part of a contract with thr manufacturer. This is why we are not able to have promotional discounts applied to exluded brands: Nike Keen Converse Brook Birkenstock Keen Sorel and UGG

By Abby S.

Call customer service ....

By renee d.

Questions? Get answers from the DSW staff and other customers.

2 Photos for DSW