DIYdress.co.uk

DIYdress.co.uk

diydress.co.uk

DIYdress.co.uk has a consumer rating of 3.39 stars from 219 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. DIYdress.co.uk also ranks 59th among Prom Dresses sites. The most common issues with DIYdress.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

• Very, very happy will he using and recommending DIY dresses
  • I ordered my daughters prom dress for 2016, sh is quite a tall slim girl so we had to have it made to measure.

• I ordered my wedding dress, which suppose to be very beautiful.
  • Am taking legal action against them because the customer service is so terrible.
How would you rate DIYdress.co.uk?

“MY WEDDING DRESS”

KELLY O.
5/10/17

I GOT MARRIED IN 2015 AND IT WAS A PERFECT DAY THE DRESS FIT PERFECT, I WAS REALLY WORRIED DUE TO ME NOT TRYING ON MY DRESS HALF WAY THROUGH AND DUE TO MY PARTNER MEASURING ME UP FOR THE DRESS BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT THEY DID A FANTASTIC JOB AND IF I WANT ANY DRESS AT ALL I WILL GO BACK TO DIY DRESSES

“don't be fooled by the nice pictures, they are...”

Vee C.
6/18/19

if you want to be disappointed then go ahead and browse their website. lovely pictures but the dress came as a shocker. brown sleeves on a white wedding dress. these guys ruined my online shopping experience! would not recommend to anyone, at all!

wedding dress (40) customer service (36) diy dresses (12) prom dress (20) 3 weeks (6) evening dress (6) hong kong (4) refund (45) 3 days (5) wedding day (4) bridesmaid dresses (11) daughters prom (9)
veec7
June 18th, 2019
joannec82
March 31st, 2018
This company also goes by the name of Stacees. They made 2 of our dresses wrong and are refusing to replace or refund them. They want more money to make 2 correct dresses. Please don't use this company. Save yourself from stress
tinaf60
December 30th, 2017
I ordered a wedding dress, when it came it was totally the wrong colour & didn't have a sweep train as it should have, when i contacted customer severice i got told that was want i ordered & just keep it, you can see from the photos it was totally wrong, they said i could have a discount on my next ordered, i just wanted what i paid for, stay away from this company, I'm disgusted with the whole experience...
davinac
December 23rd, 2017
Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!. .................................................................................................
annem212
October 9th, 2017
Having chatted with an online customer service repersentitive prior to buying, i was assured I could return a dress that didnt suit - This was certainly not the case. I ordered 2 dresses and only one arrived. They are arguing that the dress did lewve their warehouse so therefore they are not responsible and are refusing me any sort of compensation or refund and continue to ignore my emails. The dress that did arrive was poor qualityN badly stitched, uncomfortable and marked!! Again, no compensation or refund for this. Avoid this company at all costs.
traceyf23
September 24th, 2017
This company I am still fighting one year on 5 bridesmaid dresses not fit for purpose paid 300 pounds in total wrong sizes different shades terrible workmanship they offered me 25 pound back disgrace I have been chasing them over a year for thier UK address to take them to court still they repeat the same replys over and over again cowboys avoid at all costs
kellyo27
May 10th, 2017

Tip for consumers: I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT THEY WHERE ON LINE ALL THE WAY THROUGH MAKING MY DRESSES AND THEY ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND FEARS I HAD WHILE MY DRESS WAS GETTING MADE

kimb1669
July 25th, 2017
ordered my mums mother of the bride dress from here. requested the colours be different from the picture which was confirmed with me twice. for it to arrive totally wrong. they will not accept returns or admit liability and want me to pay for another dress making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a waste of £115 don't bother buying from this company no matter what the good comments say!
rupap2
June 21st, 2017
Ordered my wedding dress from then and it came within time but measurements are all wrong and dress doesn't fit. Tried to email them, they asked for pictures and now won't reply. Then tried to make a comment on their Facebook page and it won't show up.
goyac
July 14th, 2017
Only use this site if you want the worst possible dress you can imagine and the worst possible customer service you can imagine. Simply do not believe anything on their website. None of it is true. You will only use your money.
katieh84
June 1st, 2017
I ordered my dress for a wedding and when it arrived it was the wrong colour, when i emailed them, they wouldn't offer me a refund and would make me another dress at a cheap price. I did not want to order from them again and asked for a return address and a refund. 2 months on they said they will offer me a £10 refund for a £65 dress plus £20 delivery. There website said if you are not happy they will offer you a refund this is not true. Please save your money and go elsewhere.
elenas53
March 21st, 2017
I have only good things to say about this company. I am a retailer and the quality is very good especially for the price. If you are specific with your order and keep in touch re your expectations there isn't a problem. I wouldn't re order if I had not been happy with them.
rebeccab133
February 5th, 2017
SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT SCAM ALERT!!!!!!!!
Do NOT use this company!!!! they are a scam!! Do not stick to your order and they have stolen my money and not refunded me even though I sent the dresses back because they were such bad quality and they made them in the wrong colour!!! It's been over 6 months!! They are cheap copy cats none of the dresses on the website are true to style or size!!! They are stolen images and they make knock offs!!
charlotteo5
March 25th, 2017
I ordered a white dress made to measure for my wedding day. When the dress arrived it was neither white nor made to the measurements I requested. I promptly emailed them requesting a refund but they refused saying they made the dress as requested, despite me sending photographic evidence to the contrary. Do not order from them!
sarahj193
March 27th, 2017
My friend bought 4 different bridesmaid dresses. They are all disgusting, nothing like on the website and ill-fitting. Avoid this awful company...too much of a risk. Will not refund you.
tinag71
March 22nd, 2017
Absolutely disgusting. ..DO NOT EXPECT to get the dress you have choosen on the models ..nothing like it, cheap $#*!ty fabric, badly made...A complete scam.
lim123
January 22nd, 2017
Ordered a "custom made dress" which I might as well have made myself. Cost me £170 and looks nothing like the picture. Bad, bad quality, massive on me... It was not even symmetrical!! Customer services asked me to send them pictures of which I took loads and they said that they could see nothing wrong, refusing to give me a refund. i will never again purchase from there and hope no one else will either.

Tip for consumers: Do not purchase from here unless you want a disappointment

michellem229
January 12th, 2017
Since march last year I have tried to return a dress, I'm absolutely discussed, my daughter ordered a dress for her prom, it was the wrong colour, stitching horedous, far to big, the cheapest material and they chardged £230 for it, no returns note, no address, costumer services very rude, sent pictures and they said they couldn't see anything wrong, I showed the dress to many companies and they were appalled, also the pictures in their website are from other companies. So copy writing haha, so they are in big trouble!!!!!
roxm
October 25th, 2016
Do not even think about ordering a dress from diy only if u expect it to come 5 years later. This fake bull$#*! ppl haven refunded me my money after ruining my prom . Avoid them they might have nice dresses but they are unreliable as $#*!
kirstyf3
November 29th, 2016
I received a dress. Beautiful dress well made too. Never fit and they refused to take it back and give me a refund. It clearly states you can return a dress if it isn't custom made which mine wasn't. I argued for almost a week with them and in the end I was getting sarcastic remarks that I didn't do anything they asked properly so it was all my fault the dress THEY made didn't fit me. Absolutely fuming about it and what a waste of money. Poor customer service for sure. Absolutely shocking
pennyh18
October 26th, 2016
Wedding Dress fit perfectly to my measurements and was delivered on time. Quality is outstanding - if you are wanting a custom made dress with a massive number to choose from then I cannot recommend them highly enough.
kayleighb5
October 13th, 2016
Although the detail to the neckline wasn't matching to the picture advertised, I absolutley loved my dress! The lace detail was fab. It came in a plastic package and was turned inside out so that the lace was protected. Needed a few alterations length wise but I am very oddly fitted. Will defo be ordering off this site again.
shellyl25
October 17th, 2016
I ordered my daughter's homecoming dress from here. We received it on Wednesday and the dance was Saturday. We felt sure it would fit since we sent her measurements to them. It was about 4 sizes too big and we had no time for alterations. Now, I can't get anyone to respond to me about returning the dress! It's like they've fallen off the face of the earth. Another thing, the dress was made of very cheap material and wasn't as pretty as in the picture. I Do NOT recommend DIYdresses.com to anyone!
louisec58
June 29th, 2016
I read lots of reviews before ordering my wedding dress...all looked good but minutes after ordering it i came across lots of really bad reviews and then spent the next 2 weeks panicking that my dress wouldn't be right, but it arrived today and is lovely! Looks just like the picture, fits perfectly (i had mine made to measure) and is well made. Ok so it arrived folded in a bag so the lining is a little creased, but nothing a bit of steam won't fix! Maybe i really was just one of the lucky ones...
saraha104
May 27th, 2016
I have emailed them several times, yet they are totally ignoring me. The dress arrived late (I needed it for an event and had to wear something else), it does not fit me, and it is the wrong length (I wanted knee length and they sent me an ankle length dress). I also paid for a faster delivery and yet the dress did not arrive in time. I told them I want to send the dress back and to get a refund, and they are now totally ignoring me. They did not ignore my money though, the cheek! They are mistaken if they think I'm going to let this go by.

Do not buy from them! They are scam artists and thieves! Most of the pictures on the website are stolen from actual designers and what you'll get are very poorly made and envisioned versions of it.

By Emma h.
See more answers (6)

Please do not buy from them! They are scam artists and thieves! Most of the pictures on the website are stolen from actual designers and what you'll get are very poorly made and envisioned versions of someone else's designs. The UK laws actually have an exception for made to measure services, so they are not required to offer refunds. However if (as mine were) your order is not what you paid for, there is a breach of contract. I attempted to get my money back and negotiate with them, but they are very stubborn and even the ones that understand english are adamant that there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Eventually got my money back through my bank, but please please do not make the same mistake I did. Buy elsewhere, preferably in person or if online, at least choose a designer that you have seen and like in real life and can verify what it should look like!

By Emma h.
See more answers (2)

Same thing happened to me. Bidice on the dress is completely wrong. And was told the dress was beautiful and was perfect for what I wanted but not what I ordered and its very cheap material. Avoid this site

By Ann w.
See more answers (2)

I had my dress and it was gorgeous maybe I was lucky but from start to finish everything was perfect arrived in tint custom measurements spot on couldn't fault anything if I'm honest

By Lisa L.
See more answers (5)

Hello Bex, thanks for your question. In order for your purchase to be as expected, we need accurate measurements as displayed on your website. If you want to know what's the exact colour of the fabric, you can purchase a Fabric/Colour Swatch beforehand and get a good picture of what you can expect. But basically everything is going to be okay, as long as you provide accurate measurements, the standard sizes on the website should be considered a guideline because your dress is still going to be made-to-order. If you need help or more information, please E-Mail me at crm@diydress.co.uk or visit our livechat support on the website. Best wishes, Wendy