DIYdress.co.uk

DIYdress.co.uk

DIYdress.co.uk has a consumer rating of 3.39 stars from 219 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. DIYdress.co.uk also ranks 43rd among Prom Dresses sites. The most common issues with DIYdress.co.uk are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

• Very, very happy will he using and recommending DIY dresses
  • I ordered my daughters prom dress for 2016, sh is quite a tall slim girl so we had to have it made to measure.

• I ordered my wedding dress, which suppose to be very beautiful.
  • Am taking legal action against them because the customer service is so terrible.
How would you rate DIYdress.co.uk?

“Very Satisfied”

Sarah P.
6/3/16

Was desperately searching for a new evening dress this year, many friends are going to get married, prom balls etc. a lot of occasions to attend. I found this page and OMG they have so many gorgeous dresses that I needed 3 days to decide which to choose, I ended up buying 2 stunning evening dresses, one is short and the other one is longer for chill evenings. I didn't even know made to order dresses came at such low prices and I was very satisfied once the parcel arrived! They are amazing!

“Don't be fooled by the nice pictures, they are false advertising.”

Vee C.
6/18/19

If you want to be disappointed then go ahead and browse their website. Lovely pictures but the dress came as a shocker. Brown sleeves on a white wedding dress. These guys ruined my online shopping experience! Would not recommend to anyone, at all!

wedding dress (40) customer service (36) diy dresses (12) prom dress (20) 3 weeks (6) evening dress (6) hong kong (4) refund (45) 3 days (5) wedding day (4) bridesmaid dresses (11) daughters prom (9)
sarahp125
June 3rd, 2016
veec7
June 18th, 2019
jonellew
April 1st, 2016
Ordered 7 flower girl dresses, first 3 came and were perfect- exact match to image and correct size. Next 4 came however they loosely resemble the first ones, silver and light blue sequins rather than silver and navy, embroidery is black rather than navy, no beading to be found and embroidery is a rushed and simplistic design -different to the first ones.
My wedding dress was perfect and 3 flowergirl dresses were amazing shame other 4 don't match and now have to go buy 7 new ones- after spending almost £450 on the perfect design on this site.
My order has proved it's 50 / 50 chance of getting what you have paid for.
Currently being ignored by their after sales team after being told that they cannot see anything wrong or different between the 2 sets of dresses.
Since looking closer at their website the pics of their sales team have turned out to be photos they clearly found on Google ( found 2 of them to actually be semi-famous people and one comes up on many sites labeled picture of pretty blonde when I have reverse image searched them).
Suppose my fault for not properly looking into company before ordering from them, unfortunately I only started looking into them after I had placed 3 orders and put all hope on fact that I order things from China quite often over Ebay and have never had any problems.
louisec58
June 29th, 2016
I read lots of reviews before ordering my wedding dress... all looked good but minutes after ordering it i came across lots of really bad reviews and then spent the next 2 weeks panicking that my dress wouldn't be right, but it arrived today and is lovely! Looks just like the picture, fits perfectly (i had mine made to measure) and is well made. Ok so it arrived folded in a bag so the lining is a little creased, but nothing a bit of steam won't fix! Maybe i really was just one of the lucky ones...
lucyk17
April 19th, 2016
Honestly, I hate online shopping but to save money we had to order online. I must confess that I was amazed. The 6 bridesmaid dresses I got custom made from diydress.co.uk were simply stunning, my bridesmaids love them. Will definitely order again.
Went to the local tailor to get my friends measured, chose dresses, chose fabric and colour from their fabric swatch, placed order, 26 days later I received my parcel, no hassle. <3
adalynp
April 15th, 2016
I love browsing diydress, I bougt a wedding dress in 2015 and another evening dress just two months ago. The wedding dress was a little pricey but worth every penny, I saved around 800£ by buying it from this site, a local dressmaker would have charged at least 1100£ and there was nothing to address. Same goes for the much cheaper evening dress. Great quality and fair support.
patriciac78
November 9th, 2015
Ordered some dresses from DIYdress and they arrived in perfect condition, on-time and looked fabulous. There was a slight issue with one of the dresses and they communicated very quickly with me and we agreed a resolution. Would recommend this company but make sure you know exactly what you want as returns are not any use to them if the dress is simply unsuitable.
Wendy S. – DIYdress.co.uk Rep
Hi Patricia, thank you for taking your time and sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that there were some complications, but I am happy to hear that you liked the dresses :) Have a wonderful day! Wendy
kimb1669
July 25th, 2017
Ordered my mums mother of the bride dress from here. Requested the colours be different from the picture which was confirmed with me twice. For it to arrive totally wrong. They will not accept returns or admit liability and want me to pay for another dress making! What a waste of £115 don't bother buying from this company no matter what the good comments say!
lim123
January 22nd, 2017
Ordered a "custom made dress" which I might as well have made myself. Cost me £170 and looks nothing like the picture. Bad, bad quality, massive on me... It was not even symmetrical! Customer services asked me to send them pictures of which I took loads and they said that they could see nothing wrong, refusing to give me a refund. I will never again purchase from there and hope no one else will either.

Tip for consumers: Do not purchase from here unless you want a disappointment

sarahd112
April 7th, 2016
Dress really good quality and a perfect fit as the measurements I sent must have been exact.
Came quickly, very pleased with it
rebeccad46
May 26th, 2016
Kept in touch all the time through live chat as I was really worried after reading negative reviews. I wish I had ignored them and not put myself through the unnecessary worry as the dress is beautifully made and fits perfectly. My daughter looks beautiful in it and I can't wait to see her at her prom.
I am over the moon with her dress and would order again without hesitation, please message me if u are worried so I can share some photos
lolaj6
June 2nd, 2016
I can only say that besides my near heart-attack feeling after seeing all the negative reviews like on this page, I was more than satisfied with my purchase from this site, the prom dress I've purchased came four days earlier as expected, it looks stunning, it is very well made, fits like a glove and I can't wait for the prom! The £145 I paid for the dress, custom measuring and shipping were totally worth it!
annab187
February 24th, 2016
I got a beautifully made dress at a great price and it came in a timely fashion. My only complaint is the undershirt was not as full as I would have liked it to be.
jessicac79
October 2nd, 2015
I would like to gather all the bad reviews and seek legal advice. They sent me a dress that didn't even fit an 8 year old... meant to be size 8. They lied about thee material. Saying it was stretchy. Before i ordered I took photographic evidence of them saying if my dress arrived and was the wrong size I could return and have a full refund. They offered me £8 out of £100. It is illegal what they have done
traceyf23
September 24th, 2017
This company I am still fighting one year on 5 bridesmaid dresses not fit for purpose paid 300 pounds in total wrong sizes different shades terrible workmanship they offered me 25 pound back disgrace I have been chasing them over a year for thier UK address to take them to court still they repeat the same replys over and over again cowboys avoid at all costs
shellyl25
October 17th, 2016
I ordered my daughter's homecoming dress from here. We received it on Wednesday and the dance was Saturday. We felt sure it would fit since we sent her measurements to them. It was about 4 sizes too big and we had no time for alterations. Now, I can't get anyone to respond to me about returning the dress! It's like they've fallen off the face of the earth. Another thing, the dress was made of very cheap material and wasn't as pretty as in the picture. I Do NOT recommend DIYdresses.com to anyone!
helenw28
July 9th, 2014
Great Dress, Good Communication
One word of advice, if you asking for a custom made dress, get a tiny bit bigger as you can always have it taken in, I learnt this quickly.

But the dress was gorgeous and the colour amazing
tinag71
March 22nd, 2017
Absolutely disgusting... DO NOT EXPECT to get the dress you have choosen on the models. Nothing like it, cheap $#*!ty fabric, badly made... A complete scam.
cameronh20
May 10th, 2015
Can I ask everyone to AVOID this company at all costs! They are a rip off, deliver poor quality clothing and then when you try to complain about them, they delete you and block you from commenting on their pages! Never ever shop with them! They have shocking customer service and do not care about their customers at all! I've tried to get my cousin's money back for her, as she purchased bridesmaid dresses and they just told her to get someone else to fix it as they were no interested in helping! Awful company!
sophier5
October 26th, 2015
Items received were ok with a nice chian gift, thanks. Shoes with £15.99 were pretty awesome! Customer service was good dealing with my question. Just had waited a little long, probably will buy again.
Wendy S. – DIYdress.co.uk Rep
Hi Sophie, thanks for your comment. Hope you like the Chain and your Shoes! Have a wonderful day!
deenieh
March 22nd, 2016
I ordered 2 bridesmaid dresses then found websites with horrendous reviews. Panicked was not the word! I emailed diy asking them to hurry up delivery which they kindly did and communication was good. They have arrived and will need a slight alteration on the bust but material, design, quality is perfect! I would recommend sending exact measurements to them.
christined19
April 2nd, 2015
Dress arrived exactly when they said. Fits lovely. My daughter is really pleased with it.
michellef44
June 17th, 2015
Just received my dress fab brilliant workmanship great service
ruthh17
June 28th, 2014
I ordered my daughter's prom dress from them and have had a really good experience with them. I was a bit worried about ordering such a special item over the internet without having the facilities for my daughter to try it on before we bought it. I had a few emails with customer services and they were always very helpful and quick to get back to me. I asked them if they could slightly make the top of her dress a bit smaller and this they did without any problem. When the dress arrived, in plenty of time, my daughter and I were both very pleased with it. The prom was on Thursday and my daughter looked stunning in her dress and everyone commented on it. She was so happy and she had the dress of her dreams.
cherylj30
May 2nd, 2016
Seriously think hard before buying here, some people have done ok, but many have not, and if it goes wrong, it is virtually impossible to put right. My daughters made to measure prom dress arrived 6cm to big on the bodice, and to correct it would cost me double what I've paid. Check the facebook page- DIY dress disasters, just don't chance it, and definitely not if you haven't left enough time to sort it out.

Do not buy from them! They are scam artists and thieves! Most of the pictures on the website are stolen from actual designers and what you'll get are very poorly made and envisioned versions of it.

By Emma h.
See more answers (6)

Please do not buy from them! They are scam artists and thieves! Most of the pictures on the website are stolen from actual designers and what you'll get are very poorly made and envisioned versions of someone else's designs. The UK laws actually have an exception for made to measure services, so they are not required to offer refunds. However if (as mine were) your order is not what you paid for, there is a breach of contract. I attempted to get my money back and negotiate with them, but they are very stubborn and even the ones that understand english are adamant that there is nothing wrong with what they are doing. Eventually got my money back through my bank, but please please do not make the same mistake I did. Buy elsewhere, preferably in person or if online, at least choose a designer that you have seen and like in real life and can verify what it should look like!

By Emma h.
See more answers (2)

Same thing happened to me. Bidice on the dress is completely wrong. And was told the dress was beautiful and was perfect for what I wanted but not what I ordered and its very cheap material. Avoid this site

By Ann w.
See more answers (2)

I had my dress and it was gorgeous maybe I was lucky but from start to finish everything was perfect arrived in tint custom measurements spot on couldn't fault anything if I'm honest

By Lisa L.
See more answers (5)

Hello Bex, thanks for your question. In order for your purchase to be as expected, we need accurate measurements as displayed on your website. If you want to know what's the exact colour of the fabric, you can purchase a Fabric/Colour Swatch beforehand and get a good picture of what you can expect. But basically everything is going to be okay, as long as you provide accurate measurements, the standard sizes on the website should be considered a guideline because your dress is still going to be made-to-order. If you need help or more information, please E-Mail me at crm@diydress.co.uk or visit our livechat support on the website. Best wishes, Wendy