Review of Disqus

San Francisco, California 94105, USA
hello@disqus.com

swedem
8/16/18

Disqus is run by extreme Leftist Moderators that will remove any comments not towing their Leftist ideology. All posts demonizing President Trump, even those using bigoted vile hateful derogatory and vulgar language, are ok. Any factual refutation of spurious Leftist comments is marked as spam and removed.

zappb
8/16/18

Disqus has a clear left wing political agenda. Every comment I make is instantly marked as spam never to get approved.

ernieo11
8/15/18

Disqus has closed my account more than once without explanation. Disqus is a leftist censorship machine.
I want the news sites to abandon disqus for any other system. ANY other.

timothys226
8/8/18

It's official. Disqus has been rendered completely useless on all of my favorite Conservative sites. It appears they have also become chess players in the Conservative Purge. They do not respect the freedom of speech for all anymore. Their entire mission statement is a complete lie. Therefore, since they want to be Anti-Conservative, I used my freedom of choice and my voice to delete my Disqus account, and I've actually blocked their domain from my neighborhood network, websites and even my personal computers. I am the administrator. I can do that! I'm currently still instructing everyone to switch to a more bipartisan SM engine and/or find other routes to communicate with their favorite sources. I hate to tell you guys this, but they (the Liberal Communist Left Wing Extremists) appear to have re-engaged in Jim Crow behavior and are forcing us deeper into the digital ghettos simply because they lost an election. It's unbelievable how evil they are. If I didn't know any better I'd say they're all possessed by demons.

gohw
8/5/18

Disqus makes you sign in over and over at each site it purports to manage. The sign ins don't work. The email verification pages don't work. Disqus doesn't do what it says it will. Just more inept garbage clogging up the internet.

tomr291
6/18/18

I see from the other comments that my suspicions are well-founded. This site is controlled by the worst elements of the world. No opinions are permitted which are not in accordance with their agenda of the glorification of degeneracy, debauchery, and depravity. Decent, upright people waste their time with this human vermin.

joand107
6/18/18

Disqus claims to have "great" discussions on their home based "channel" system. While that may be true of some channels that exist, be aware as a possible commenter , that the moderation and operation of these channels is entirely at the behest of volunteer, unpaid NON employee Disqus channel " owners" and "moderators". On some of these channels, anything goes, and a commenter should be prepared for a somewhat jarring and rude experience, as many of these channels are populated by trolling commenters and sock accounts. Any commenter could be banned from any these channels by any " owner" or "moderator" for posting the most innocuous of comments. Or, for simply being friendly with whatever is the "wrong" clique, as perceived by the CO or moderators. Disqus takes a "hands off" approach to the management of these channels, leaving what happens to those that " own" and "moderate" the channels. Apparently, Disqus is just interested in the numbers these channels pull in, not in facilitating "discussions" .Let's not forget to mention all of the drama that has existed for what appears to be a decade between a certain faction of commenters that clutter up many channels and threads on Disqus.And, monopolize many of these "discussions" with their silly feud. If you're looking to have serious discussions , or even to just have some fun, choose your Disqus channels very wisely. Otherwise, you'll find Disqus to be quite the frustrating experience.....

scotw8
6/11/18

The mods are all leftist and you will not be able to even reply to a discussion without getting banned its a JUNK site

annad161
6/5/18

Disqus is a Leftist backdoor into conservative websites for the purpose of censoring conservative views, plan and simple.

alanv21
5/29/18

I just got banned off all disqus sites. Complete white out of the comment section for saying nothing much.

carls188
5/29/18

Recently I have been forced to sign into Disqus every single time on every website I frequent. It used to remember me most of the time and it was a rare occasion that a login was required. In addition to that I enter my email and then password and it kicks me out and then requires the Captcha box. Why doesn't that box show up the first time I attempt login? What is up with the changes?

ronb257
5/29/18

In the last few days Disqus logs me out and I have to re-login each day. Their system offers no support.

dt103
5/29/18

Continually marks comments as SPAM. Stifle meaningful conversation due to personal bias. Run by a group of bigots. This is how they sensor you. This company has no right monitoring discussion boards. All places that incorporate disqus would be better off without it.

Tip for consumers: Don't sign up at disqus. You will thank me later.

claudiaf
5/10/18

They are probably one of the worse censorship platforms today. They hide behind the bogus "hate speech" argument, using it as a club to hide behind to censor mildly conservative views.

They need to go in front of Congress with ABC News, youTube, Quora, The HIll and a few others. Disgusting. Something needs to be done before they destroy our country.

taehyungk
5/3/18

its impossible to change the settings, both username and profile photo, nothing is possible to change
i'm really angry i hope this thing blows
aaaaaaargh

evenb
5/2/18

cant even ask why theres no new episode of a anime and they remove it or come with a arrogant why dont you look on the schedule awnser even asking why is there no new episode isnt even allowed anymore or make a joke comment like cant wait for goku to find one piecee #$#*!disqus

chasew18
4/30/18

All left, all the time! They cant take diffrent opinions,or facts. Every poin I made was deleted, I'll just sit back and watch them eat themselves.

mollyp27
4/29/18

All you have to do is to look at the impossibility of trying to find out why you were banned from Disquis, To realize that its like dealing with the Nazi party. All someone has to do is to flag you because they dont like your opinion and if they are conservative, then you are banned, with no recourse.
If there is a class action suit against them then please let me know because I will contribute and join

amyl263
4/27/18

knew I'd been censored on Disqus for a long time, and even posted it in Disqus comments, my posts being removed quickly for the most part, until one got through long enough to draw this response:

you are 100% correct. This is a EUTimes moderator you are talking to. I have investigated what you said and we have just discovered that your comment was lost in a black hole. We knew the exact date of your comment because it was synced with our own database yet it was nowhere to be seen inside the Disqus dashboard. it wasnt under Approved comments, not in Spam and not even in Deleted as we assumed you might have deleted your own comment. And definitely it wasnt under Pending either. The comment was literally in the abyss, nowhere to be found. I imagine we lost dozens if not even hundreds of comments this way. Disqus most likely took the liberty to delete comments on our website as if it was theirs. As it is already stated clearly in our TOS, we DO NOT CENSOR any kinds of comments whatsoever. Here you have total freedom of speech, you can be a leftist communist, SJW, progressive, nazi, whatever you want. If anyone believes someone is wrong, engage in debate and disprove with arguments. Furthermore at least 300 comments were found not to be SYNCED with our website. After this discovery we have permanently removed Disqus from our website and we will NEVER EVER install any 3rd party apps that would act as a intermediary with our comments.

At this point Disqus has blacklisted me on every conservative site that uses their software. I had just set up a new account, but now if I try to use it I get a message that the site requires validation of my email, which they never did before, and to click here to request it. I clicked there on 8 different sites using Disqus, and never got verification email from any of them. I am left to conclude that Disqus has blocked my IP from commenting anywhere they are in charge of comments. Disqus personnel will falsely claim that it is the sites using their software doing this, and this is what they want you to think, even if you have given no reason at all for those sites to do this. Disqus is a Leftist backdoor into conservative websites for the purpose of censoring conservative views, plane and simple.

sherryh67
4/16/18

Companies buy their service, dusaus controls your comments. I left negative remarks about trump and franklin graham on WND and Breitbart and got banned- and they screw with you. This is a bunch of twists in a call center sitting hind computers aligned with Zuckerberg. Dont click onto any sites that use discus - also check their corporate status on CORPORATION WIKI to see names of corporate officers. These guys are making a killing off you

monicab100
4/12/18

I know my title is aggressive, but as a Freelance Photographer & a millennial, I am very good with technology. This site has been so glitchy, unhelpful, and frustrating! I don't know why sites use Disqus for comments on blogs.

lesliet65
4/10/18

I googled a suspicious number that called and left a comment on this site. It immediately connected to my facebook, posted my name, etc. and I never joined. Now I cannot unjoin because it will not send me a link to reset password, has stolen my personal info and there is NO ONE to email to get help. STAY AWAY, total scam.

roberth477
4/3/18

Tags you as spam either if your replies are are to long or if they don't like your position...not sure which.

mordam
4/1/18

I don't know who in a right state of mind would use this platform, it is a slow, unreliable behemoth!!! Why are we forced to use it???

christopherb144
3/18/18

OH MY GOD!This has got to be the WORST platform EVER for making or leaving a simple comment or leaving a brief opinion,which is what they ask U to do if U like. One would think that should be easy right? Not A CHANCE! The field of info U must give,and ALL the nosey,and none of their damn business stuff comes up U are FORCED to answer,or your precious comment will never be seen! And quite honestly, ALOT of people I know personally always say;That's why they only have a couple of people Stupid enough to comment there,because there are SO MANY BETTER,and DON'T FORCE U TO GIVE OUT INFO THAT THEY DO NOT NEED. I wish I could Rate them for what they are and that's A BIG GOOSE EGG!ZERO,NEGATIVE 10 RATING.

4 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

This question is not a well formed question. It's about net locations, IP and MAC addresses, logins and emails. You can't force someone to use their name. If such a standard was imposed, people would merely make up fake names. Better to just let them have the random anonymized handles they prefer. Do you know how risky it is to post online with your real identity? There is no limit to data retention with many of these companies online. As the major data brokers continue to consolidate and violate privacy with indefinite data retention, you'll see everything you've ever done online, one day in a central repository of data. In the US we're seeing a beta test roll out of something similar to the chinese people rating programs, taxing dissidents, denying participations of citizens if they don't agree with government, etc. The better question is why can't we be completely anonymous, and why does Disqus need to track and record our IP addresses?

By GuestGuestGuest G.

Obviously for the majority of reasons sited here! Thanks for the good news!

By Cheryl N.

Jeff S. Your definition of 'hate' is subjective at best. Anger is a gift and I freely and proudly hate censorship. Cheryl N, great commentary. It's called shadowbanning and blocking. What people may not understand is that if one moderator somewhere hates on a poster, subsequently blocks that poster, they can retroactively remove all previous commentary ever posted. Hows that for a powerful tool to censor; Not just wiping out an individual statement and membership, but completely erasing all record of that individuals contribution.

By GuestGuestGuest G.

Does polly want a cracker? POLLY HATES CRACKERS! (Especially white ones) That's the attitude of Disqus. It's okay to hate whites but not okay toi point out true statistics of blacks.

By Kyle H.

No, he is not, lol! The people that "own" and "moderate" channels on Disqus are unpaid volunteers, that Disqus encouraged to "open up" channels on their home site about three years ago. The ability to open channels has since been closed by Disqus- and, now, the Disqus channel system has pretty much neglected by Disqus management. Anyone could have opened up a channel on Disqus at that time, to talk about anything. That's why there are so many political echo chambers on the home site run by your average Joe and Jane Doe. If you choose to comment on any of these channels, carefully read what they're all about before venturing any opinions or comments.

By Joan D.

Probably your IP address has been banned by a moderator you upset along the way. Some moderators on Disqus have even revenge posted peoples personal information because they posted things they did not agree with, alongside censoring their voice and denying their log in capability as well. It's true, on the Disqus boards right now. Oh, Disqus is a CA based company, now it all makes better sense to me, why they're so heavy handed and pro censor focused. Change your IP address, and log in with a different email, anonymity is key.

By GuestGuestGuest G.

News View is "owned" by extremely left leaning people. They make no bones about what their channel is all about. It's a left leaning echo chamber. If you want to "discuss" YOUR POV on Disqus channels, there are many right leaning echo chambers, err, "channels" on the home site that you would be more than welcome to comment on.

By Joan D.

Disqus not only censors via automatic text filtration and other devious means like shadowbanning (where users don't know they're invisible to the rest), but Disqus also allows regular users and moderators to effect your standing at completely unrelated websites elsewhere whom also use Disqus. I'm surprised people actually use this program, despite it being free. They'd have to give it away, it's a tough sell, to sell censorship. If you're looking for something permanent for your site users, Disqus is certainly a poor choice. How about retroactive total removal of everything you've ever said while logged in to Disqus? Oh yeah, their censorship forces are capable of that. Who is Disqus? Whom are the all powerful godly moderators whom lowly users are not allowed to identify, and have no effective tools to readily communicate with about specific censorship issues? Raise your hand if you're pro censorship and still use the Disqus platform.

By GuestGuestGuest G.

Questions? Get answers from the Disqus staff and other customers.

Disqus?