Review of CarCovers.com

Pittsburg,, CA 94565
Tel: 1-800-385-3603

lb254
6/11/19

Be wary of purchasing a car cover from carcovers.com unless you are absolutely certain that you want it. They will charge you a lot to return it.

I purchased a car cover as a gift to my husband from carcovers.com in early May 2019. They sent the cover, and I gave it to him. He decided he did not want it, so he called carcovers and after a long time waiting to talk to someone he got the info he needed to return it. They sent us an email detailing all the discounts we could get if we kept it and then it said $14.78 for return shipping if they provided the label. So fair enough, we got it sent back right away and it took about 2.5 weeks to get a refund. But they only refunded the amount minus twice as much as what the email stated. In other words, they deducted $14.78 twice. After trying multiple times to contact them on long hold times, I gave up and called PayPal to resolve the issue. Then PayPal said they got notification from the vendor that it was correct, so they wouldn't credit us. I finally got through to someone at CarCovers.com at 7:50 in the morning after waiting on hold for 10 min and read them the email they had sent which was not clear that it would be any more than $14.78 shipping to return. After 1/2 hour on the phone she said that there was nothing that could be done about it because they hadn't received any further notice from PayPal that the complaint was done. They said that the email stated that the cost was $14.78 there and back, so a total of $29.56. I am submitting the exact email I received and you can be the judge as to whether you would have understood it to be $14.78 or $29.56:

"Your Return request has been approved. But, before you send the item back, please consider these alternative options:
***Alternative Offers***

Option A. If you would like to keep the cover instead of returning, we can offer a15% refund back to your original form of payment.

Option B. If you would like a quote for a 100% fully custom made to order cover, we can offer you our absolute lowest pricing on our fully custom covers. They generally are a bit more expensive than the semi-custom cover you purchased so we can apply your current purchase that you're wanting to return to this fully custom cover.

To accept one of these offers, please contact us by e-mail (reply to this email) or by phone - 1-800-385-3603 8:00am to 4:30pm PST Monday - Friday.
If you do not want to accept one of these offers, please view your return instructions below.
Your CarCovers.com Return Request #0000011626 has been approved. Please read through this e-mail and follow the steps below.
STEP 1:
Please print the following form, complete it, and include it inside your package.
If you do not have a printer, please proceed to Step 2B at the bottom of this email.

STEP 2:
If you would like to take advantage of our discounted return shipping rate, you can use this return label provided. If you use this return label, the cost of return shipping:$14.78 WILL be deducted from your refund. Additional shipping costs may apply if the return is sent back in an excessively large box or bag that is larger than the original packaging. (Proceed to Step 2B below if you do not wish to use this UPS return label)
To use this return label, click this link and print the shipping label. Attach the label to the box or shipping bag being used for the return. By using this label, you agree that your refund will be deducted$14.78 for return shipping costs:
Return Label:

STEP 3:
Drop the package off at any local UPS location. If you're unsure where a UPS location is, you can find them here:
It can take up to 14 business days to receive your refund after we have received the car cover at our warehouse.
Please note you will have $14.78 deducted from your refund due to the original cost of shipping from this order in addition to the cost of the return shipping label.
Please note if your retun has exceed our 30 day return policy you may be subject to a restocking fee of up to 30%

Finally, please review our return policy page before sending the car cover if you have any questions regarding returns or exchanges:
CarCovers.com Returns Department"

I ended up having to go to my credit card company to have this dispute resolved, but the credit card company handled it without me having to do any more.

marvinr46
Marvin R.
6/10/19

description of products was clear and finding the right size cover was made easy by giving make, model and year of vehicle. So far so good.

johnh1168
John H.
6/10/19

The car cover I ordered previously, was great. I still don't quite understand how the cable/lock works.

raye66
ray e.
6/9/19

The cover fit my CTS Coupe like a glove and the tie downs I bought are excellent, great idea, the last cover I had for my for my convertible blew off all the time. These are quality products and your customer service is great.

lesterr29
Lester R.
6/8/19

Car cover was as advertised. fit real good on my '28 roadster. Will probably get one for my other cars.

olivers91
Oliver S.
6/8/19

Quick and easy. Two free gifts. Great selection. If it arrives on time I’d say this is the best business transaction I’ve had in a long while. Lee

brucem259
Bruce M.
6/7/19

Plenty of information about your products! Thanks!

And now that it has arrived, and it's on my truck... it is very nice. Hopefully it Lasts as advertised!!

rayw87
Ray W.
6/6/19

Ordered the Ultimate as it is a thicker cover better for hail damage protection according to the Carcover customer service rep... looking forward to receiving it...

nancyt293
Nancy T.
6/6/19

We have bought car covers from your company before and were happy with them. Just purchased two more classic cars and had a question about the website discount. I had to call for assistance. Warren was quick to help me out and place my order correctly. Thank you!

andrewp228
Andrew P.
6/5/19

Great website, great informational videos! Cover fits perfectly and the liner is nice and soft to not scratch the car.

dennisb335
Dennis B.
6/5/19

Simple and easy ordering system, now if the product lives up to their claim I'll be happy as a clam.

laurag374
Laura G.
6/5/19

Website is very easy to use and very informative about all your products. All the car show people I talk to say your covers are the best!

robertl825
ROBERT L.
6/5/19

THIS WAS A QUITE PLEASURABLE EXPERIENCE. IT WAS EASILY NAVIGATED. THE VIDEO WAS EXCELLENT AND HELPED IN OUR DECISION.

andyk69
Andy K.
6/4/19

Wonderful fit, many I have owned are just too small or crazy over sized. This cover fits great and is made of a heavy durable material !

noemij1
Noemi J.
6/4/19

The website was easy to follow, all the videos were helpful as are able to review the product before purchasing and the live chat was VERY helpful with any questions we had.

richardm866
Richard M.
6/3/19

I will déploy the cover only next fall (October)

Therefore I will not comment on the product!
Hope it fits well ! And will prévent dust to
penetrate

During fall and sinter The véhicule is stored in a heated garage!

Question : can I wash the product ?
If yes : what are the washing instructions?

kennyu1
Kenny U.
6/2/19

I have purchase three Platinum Shield Car Covers. One has been out tin the weather everyday for over a year. It has held up and done a great job.

erick174
Eric K.
6/2/19

The cover was received promptly and accurately. This is the nicest car cover I've ever owned. It fits perfectly and l'm looking forward to many years of use protecting my 2015 Porsche 911.

markg623
Mark G.
6/2/19

Good jet ski cover for the price. Only concern is cover is tight across handle bars without additional material reinforcement in the area.

macyd5
Macy D.
6/1/19

I am very happy with this cover for my 2019 Ram 1500 pickup truck. CarCovers.com was very easy to deal with through the complete transaction. The cover is very good quality and the installation (with 2 people) was no problem. It fits perfectly.

williams1273
William S.
5/31/19

Outstanding customer service and ease in ordering online! Quick delivery and excellent quality! Bill S

waynem270
Wayne M.
5/30/19

Fine so far... Will know for sure when product comes whether it is as advertised and whether shipping crew paid close attention to my notes!

vanderd1
Vander D.
5/29/19

Great cover! Price much better than other covers I looked at. Good warranty and a perfect fit for my 1987 Cadillac Allante'.

garyb300
Gary B.
5/29/19

Very good quality for the price paid. Way better than I expected. Delivery time was very quick. Very happy with the entire experience.

brandonb209
Brandon B.
5/29/19

Quick, easy, reliable, and durable product. Could not be an easier process, I will continue to purchase covers here in the future and recommend friends to do the same.

It seems to be. The problem is that they do not know how to sell the product and they do NOT have a liberal return policy.

By Paige M.

Questions? Get answers from the CarCovers.com staff and other customers.

14 Photos for CarCovers.com