Borderlinx reviews

Reviews

Emma P.
“Thieves!!”
9/21/18

I just found out that Borderlinx have been stealing 3 sets of ordered magazines over the last 18 months. I only found out because August's magazines were returned to the companies + they contacted me. Very deceitful.

Mario P.
“Avoid, they are out of business”
9/7/18

If you have packages stranded in their warehouses (as in my case) you can lose all hope of getting them back. They closed the UK warehouse 3 weeks ago, they applied for bankruptcy in the US since June 13 (case # 2:18-bk-12338, Washington Western Bankruptcy Court), and the last man standing in the chat box (Mohammed Taha) decided to stop lying this week and is plainly stating that there is no hope for us to finally get those packages. I guess they already disposed of all that merchandise, and of course they will never pay back for it nor for the shipping costs they eagerly charged even after suspending their services. TIP: you can try to get shipping costs back from Visa by claiming for services not rendered.

Jochen S.
“scam”
8/23/18

After suspending their Hubs in May, my shipment (meant to come to Germany) was withheld in the UK. Then borderlinx made me pay for an alternative shipping method. I did. But it never happened until the day. Order# 4534900 |

Are t.
“scam scam scam”
8/21/18

The company is a scam. The parcels are stuck (in the best case scenario) in the warehouses and there is no any alternative solution since everything is shut down. The customer service is keep saying lies (if you cannot reach them through the chat button try from another computer to open the chat window without logging in to your account).

Andrzej K.
“Hm.....”
8/11/18

Was may be not very cheap, but generally working quite well, before has suspended its existemce... (and this is to fill till 100 chars:)

vidit g.
“Borderlinx is Fraud,Scam..!! Bloody Theives!!!!”
8/6/18

Hello,

This company Borderlinx is a big SCAM. Should be given negative rating not even 1 ..!! After taking my order and shipping charges, they did not replied and after few days I received an email stating that US hub is closing. We will not ship the order after certain date. I shipped my order from my suite before time, then after few days I received and email that my parcel has ben LOST!!!!! and you can raise the request for refund and you will get in 45 days.

Its been more than 70 days now!! I have been chasing them regularly but all support agents are fake!!! They have taken my parcel and not giving anyyy refund.!!

Its SCAM please beware.. trust pilot should mark this company as a SCAM..

VICTOR H.
“They Are Thieves and Liars”
8/2/18

I had shipped two items with this company with no issue even though I thought their prices were a bit expensive. I ordered a third item at the end of May and then receive a email saying due to issues with their delivery service (DHL) they could no longer forward items. They said they are working on a solution to sending items already in route. They received my package on June 8, 2018 and it is now August 2, 2018. I have been chatting with them almost every day and have been receiving the same "canned" response, and most recently they have been telling me to find another shipper who will pick up the package and they will refund my money (including stupid handling fee for something that is their fault), I even have them on chat saying this however now that I have found a shipper to pick up the package, there chat does not work and they are not responding to email. I do not know what to do at this point. I hope that this review would prompt others (possibly in the UK) to find their warehouse and send the police there because at this point they are stealing my merchandise.The items I purchased were expensive and one of a kind and losing out on them is disheartening.

Rosniati S.
“Very Bad service”
7/11/18

Even if you have a dispute with your courier service you should make an effort to look for alternative solution quickly and keep your customers updated on the status. I chatted with your representative 3 times in a span of 3 weeks after waiting for a week for an update on when my items will be shipped. In each conversation I was told that it will be shipped by end week but by the following week when I enquired I was told that it will be shipped by end week. In my last chat a week ago I was told to continue being patient but still no news on when my items will be shipped. I authorized the release of my shipment on 6 June. It is now 11 July and Ive still not been informed despite asking 3 times on when my shipment will be shipped. I am extremely disappointed with Borderlinx and will not even consider using you as my overseas courier service even after you resolve your dispute.

Munirah a.
“This company ought to close down”
7/6/18

Recently they decide to suspend all delivery service. My items are stuck there. They dont care about you. I have to click to ship them and pay fees been a month but all delivery service suspended. They been telling me lies everyday from standard script. Never use them at all.

R W.
“That's all, folks”
6/10/18

It's hard to find any information about what's been happening with borderlinx at its UK/Germany/HK sites, but the website is now down (10 June AEST), so there's simply no way to monitor the situation. It's insane that our packages will be forfeited, it's a horrible outcome, and shows how illusory 'protection' is in this freight forwarding game. I count myself lucky that the monetary consequences are modest, though my purchases were hard to find items. Good luck to all trying to recover from borderlinx!

Fred B.
“Outrageous”
6/9/18

An absolute scam
Have informed UK and EU authorities about Borderlinx illegal actions and connections

Bassam A.
“Borderlinx Shutting down !”
6/5/18
• Updated review

Just received this in my email:

Dear Borderlinx Customer,

It is with great regret that we have to inform you that we are suspending all cross-border shipping, effective immediately (June 5, 2018).

As you know, shipping from our hub in the US was suspended on May 8, 2018 due to a financial dispute with DHL Supply Chain (the company that was handling our US hub operation). We have not beeen able to resolve that dispute. DHL Express (a different company that has handled our Express shipping for 12 years) has now informed us that they will no longer provide cross-border transportation for your packages. As a result, we cannot sustain our shipping service from our hubs in the UK, Germany and Hong Kong (as well as the US, which was already suspended).

From now on, please do not order any items for delivery via Borderlinx, as they can no longer be shipped to you. We are seeking alternative solutions to ship any item already in your suite or any item that a merchant has already shipped to a Borderlinx hub. We will let you know as soon as we have something in place.

We deeply regret this situation. Borderlinx has been a pioneer in duty and tax calculations and cross-border shipping of packages all over the world and we want to sincerely thank you for being a loyal customer.

From the Borderlinx Team

Didn't happen soon enough good riddance

“Follow up on my delayed shipment of two months”
12/28/17
• Previous review

So finally my shipment status was changed, after close to 2 months. Thought i would share some information try to help out those in same predicament as i was. how did it get resolved you say ? Called them and spoke to a customer service agent, contact number is +1 937 889 6246. I was on a live chat session and again was getting the same run around; we are sorry for the delay, it is being escalated .... I decided that i had enough searched for their number and managed to get through. Agent explained that the shipment had been misplaced, not like what the chat session was informing, and that they have contacted the warehouse team and would get back to me soon enough either finding it, or informing that it was indeed lost and how to get a refund. In either case there would finally be closure. Almost 36 hours later i receive an email informing the package is shipped and would be delivered within 4 days by DHL. Hopefully they are not damaged after all this time. So if you having trouble, try calling the number above and speak to someone, might just do the trick.

Darren H.
“Unable to send me my parcel. Wasted $$$'s”
5/27/18

I recently had a parcel sent from Amazon US to Borderlinx and once Borderlinx received it they said it couldn't be sent to me as it didn't meet there parcel sizes or weight and would get back to me with a fix (I was happy to pay more for postage etc). After a week or so I hadn't heard anything so i got onto their live chat. I was told it can only be sent back to the original seller as their US warehouse has now been closed down (the parcel arrived well before this closure date).

I now have to pay them to reship back to Amazon US in the hope I get a refund (but they were nice enough to offer waiving their $20 admin fee).
I told them they can keep the parcel as I just don't trust the chances of getting a refund and losing even more money.

In my defence, the parcel was just 4x plastic hand reels for small cables. Lightweight and small in size so I find it hard to believe that they were over the size or weight maximum.

Total waste of time and money

Leesha P.
“Borderlinx - criminal action in 'destroying' a warehouse of personal belongings.”
5/25/18

Borderlinx have stolen my items, and probably tens of thousands of others too. I was not notified of the US Hub suspension, so I could was not aware of having to retrieve my packages by 20 May 2018, nor were a number of other Australians I'm now finding. Many more people are totally unaware right now of what has happened, as Borderlinx are continuing to issue automated emails regarding packages to be released, as though nothing is wrong. As soon as you complain, they remove the records of your shipments and they all say, "sorry for the inconvenience, they were treated as abandoned". There needs to be a class action for litigation against this company, otherwise we will not receive any compensation.

Richie J.
“They steal your items.”
5/22/18

I logged in to find the item was no longer available to ship as there US warehouse had ceased to operate and we not notified in anyway. After contacting them we were advised that all items that weren't shipped prior to the 20th of May 2018 was abandoned and surrounded to the company.

We missed this apparent deadline by one day and like many believe this is theft and we now consider our items stolen and will report this to the proper authorities.

paul m.
“SCAM! They steal packages!”
5/14/18

I have been waiting for them to track my package for over 4 months, and they still have not found it. The customer support is $#*!! Stay away from this scamming company. I will be contacting the police and my lawyers, I suggest you do the same if you experienced similar issues!

STAY AWAY!

Mohamed K.
“They are cheating the customers”
5/6/18

They are cheating the customers, I do not advice anyone to ship through this company. they are so many alternative companies.

Ever never ship any item through them.

1. Shipping cost are very expensive compared to the others
2. They do not care about customer's item ( items are lost)
3. Very bad customer service.

house d.
“Be careful ... Cannot be trusted ... poor customer service”
4/30/18

I had ordered a toy and the person entering in the toy dimensions in the system forgot to enter a decimal place and therefore system was charging me 300$ to ship a toy that cost me only 10$. !!! So be careful.
Take ages to update their portal once they receive a package at their warehouse. Very slow and very inconvenient. If you do have to use borderlinx, do so at your own risk.

sharon n.
“SCAMMERS”
4/25/18

Do not trust this website. They are scammers and will steal your money.
My $6 package for my artificial flowers cost me $130 to ship.

Jason M.
“Borderlinx are Scammers plain and simple”
4/25/18

My typical shipment of $500 of goods costs me $500 .....you do the math. Please please please stay away from this awful company (den of thieves)