Review of Bonanza

Seattle, WA 98119, US
support@bonanza.com

johnw1507
1/7/19

For an excellent inexpensive platform to sell on. Thank you for the quick response in fixing a mistake that you did not have to do, but did. Okay, you may not be the fastest when it comes to customer support, but compare to Ebay's, your performance is outstanding with real results. I made a mistake, not a good one, and because of my mistake I never expected Bonanza to go back and fix it for me. Why? Because they did not have too. I got results that I never expected, and was very surprised since the fix was more beneficial to me than to you. I have sold some things, not a lot. What I have sold has been flawless, without any interference, or heavy handed tactics like some other company we may know. I have been allowed to sell with ease, without the feeling of extortion, and or abuse. You have treated this seller as your customer, and thus I am very grateful. I never hear from you unless I call out first which is rare. Like I have said I have not sold a lot on the ranch but I want too. The possibilities could be unlimited. I am very pleased in every aspect with Bonanza. It isn't perfect but it sure a lot better than most. The fees? What fees in comparison to everyone else? There is an old saying that you get what you pay more, but with Bonanza I get so much more. I am sure I may one day have issues, but I cannot imagine they won't try to make it right as they always have. This true, I have gotten more from Bonanza than Bonanza has gotten out of me. I feel that if I needed to btch at anyone would be to that other company who provides lousy customer support, policies that aid in thievery, wants to be a nanny to my business, thinks sellers are scum of the Earth, all the while paying outrages fees. For all that and more, I want to say thank you to those @ Bonanza. I truly get more than what I pay for.....I lot more! zoso To those who complain, you pay nothing but you sure demand a lot from this company that provides a platform and store without cost. Their fees are next to nil but many of you believe they owe you the world. If you do not like them than move off or open up a real story with real fees. And to the person who blames and believes that Bonanza should lock your store at night. What are you doing about your own security? If you feel violated or wrong than go after the culprit, not someone who treats as you should be treated, a third party entity. If someone is infringing on your rights, your product or identity then call the police and get a lawyer and sue the villain. A landlord may give you the space for your store and a key for the door, but it is your store, your responsibility, not that landlord. Many of you literally pay nothing for Bonanza and you come off rather abusive believing that they should even do more for the lot of you. In all honesty, I am sure their lawyers have already laid those terms out of all of us. I think Bonanza is nice to even reach out because they could easily delete your accounts, and sue some of you for liable, with good cause. If you are over 18 years of age, you, not your parents can be held accountable for your words. Business is not a game and if it is treated as one you will lose every time.....This company provides a platform for you to sell, it isn't your day care provider. If you need a nanny there is always that other company. Anyway, Great Company Bonanza! Great Job! Thank you!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi John W., thank you for your review and feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Bonanza. We appreciate your support!
sassp
12/24/18

Bonanzle use to be a great site but when it became Bonanza everything changed and it started going downhill. Customer support is terrible, slow and you seldom get any help. Customer service usually tells you to delete your cookies, clean your cache, get a different browers or some other dumb thing that most everyone has already done. Site is always having problems. They spend more time writing worthless blogs then they do fixing problems. There are very few buyers. Sure you can list for free but advertising is expensive and if you don't advertise then you sell nothing. Bonanza is starting to be a dictator just like eBay. Now they have added a verification box when using search and pictures are fussy and of poor quality and after several attempts you will be blocked from searching. Another method to drive buyers away. Have NEVER run into a verification box on any other sites when I wanted to brows when shopping. Then you work on writing up nice listings so they will be easy to read and easy to find the information a buyer would want and without any warning Bonanza goes in and changes the listing by running everything into one paragraph that is murder to read. No warning at all to sellers about this change. All I can say is Bonanza is not going to last if they don't change their ways. Sellers are starting to leave and going elsewhere. Buyers, well hard to say as there never was very many there. Use to be a really good place when it first opened but not any more. So sad as many sellers there had great hopes for the Bonanza site. The sellers are hard working sincere people who are just trying to make an honest living. Yes you may find a fraudulent seller at Bonanza but you can find them on most any site.

Tip for consumers: Think twice before you waste your time setting up a booth. If search and site is working a good place to shop.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Sass P., thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're always working to improve Bonanza and appreciate your feedback. Our support team has recently sent you a follow up email. They will be glad to help get to the bottom of the issues you are experiencing!
mycp
12/18/18

Bonanza has great deals on all sorts of unique items. Such as these rare ariocarpus sp. And other fantastic succelents

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Myc P.,

Thanks for your review. It's always exciting to hear about the cool things shoppers find on Bonanza! We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza.
renef26
12/18/18

My purchase was great. The graphics were much better than I thought they would be. The item came in a timely fashion. So happy with seller, will buy again!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Rene F.,

Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to hear that! :) We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza.
kenf119
12/18/18

Bonanza seller 'PaparazziSuperStar' is awesome. I highly recommend this seller and bonanza.com--I give both 5 Stars plus!

Tip for consumers: Give Bonanza.com and Bonanza seller 'PaparazziSuperStar' a try.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Ken F.,

Thanks for your review, we're happy to hear that! We appreciate your support of Bonanza.
lotharm4
12/13/18

I would just like to add a Serious Caution on selling on BONANZA. I made a few sales there and then got a bunch of no pay's. Guess what. There is no way to cancel an order for non payment and Bonanza wants the commission anyway. They ended up billing me a lousy $32 for orders never paid for and thus not shipped. I consider them to be nothing more than scammers. How do you charge commission when payment or non payment goes through your site and you can clearly see it was not paid for. I would steer clear of BONANZA

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Lothar M., we understand your concern. Sorry for any confusion here! Sellers on Bonanza can mark orders as unpaid and request refunds on the final value fees for a cancelled transaction, up to 90 days from the date of the transaction.

This help page has instructions on what to do if a buyer does not pay, and how to request fee refunds: https://www.bonanza.com/site_help/offers/cancel_transaction_on_bonanza#refundFee

If you'd like further assistance with the process, please email our support team at support@bonanza.com and they'll be happy to help!
johnw1461
12/7/18

Started out concerned about this purchase as they recently joined Bonanza. Pleasantly surprised as it arrived a day earlier then expected. Beautiful condition, started right up and loaded as normal. I will certainly be back for other purchases.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi John W., thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that! We look forward to seeing you on Bonanza again soon.
pats338
12/6/18

Bonanza is an excellent and caring company to do business with. I made an order and they expeditiously sent the item. The item was exactly as listed and came very fast. I would They also put in a sweet little well wishes note. You can tell this company works from the heart. I would definitely purchase from them again. GO BONANZA.COM!!!!!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Pat S., thanks for your review and kind words! :) We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza.
leslier29
11/29/18

I was looking for an Instant pot for,my daughter for a gift. This sites popped up with the exact item I was,looking for. Amazing price. Nowhere anywhere on the ad did anything say the items were used.

I want my money back and I should have,to,pay for shipping. This is entirely misleading.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Leslie R., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
missb20
11/29/18

I used to shop religiously at Bonanza until a seller cheated me out money for an item I didn't receive. Seller did give me my money back but was rude and arrogant. So i gave the seller a negative rating. Ugly ass Bonanza decided to side with seller and reinstate that sellers feedback and I got poor rating from seller. Bonanza is inconsiderate of its consumers and dont care if you get scammed or not. Glad I left that website in 2010 and I see its not doing so much better today.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Miss B., we're very sorry to hear about the experience with your most recent order on Bonanza. We understand how that would be frustrating! We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we can follow up with the seller and ensure this is not a recurring issue on Bonanza.

If there is any further assistance we can provide at this time, please send an email to our support team at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel and will be glad to help. We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza!
donnad461
11/26/18

Rip off. The seller cancelled my order and repriced all of the units at a price 78% higher than the original price! And Bonanza has no telephone number to call for issues such as this. This was my first and last time using Bonanza.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Donna D., so sorry to hear about the trouble with your first order on Bonanza. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
erandis
11/21/18

This site allows us more exposure on search engines without the upfront cost. Setting up the store is little complicated so please have some patience with sellers. Visit us at mexicanpurses.com or at the store Tooled Leather Purses

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Erandi S.,

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying Bonanza!

Please feel free to email us anytime at support@bonanza.com if we can help with setting up your store. We appreciate you being part of the Bonanza community!
dennism343
11/20/18

Site is user-friendly enough and the available products were decent at a decent price. But I made a pretty significant purchase as a Christmas gift. A couple days after making purchase, received a notice from Bonanza to the effect that the seller was no longer associated with their site. The message was friendly but VERY vague as to how this affected my holiday gift purchase. (Because seller was "no longer associated" did that mean I wouldn't get it? Should I contact my credit card company to stop payment?) I was promised in the email that a service rep named "Matt" would be happy to respond to any questions. Well, that was a crock. Sent three emails with greater urgency each time and -- crickets. Sent to multiple addresses too -- including their customer support address! Again -- crickets. Fortunately, the seller actually did send out the item before he left Bonanza and I have it in hand now -- no thanks to Bonanza!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Dennis M., we're very sorry to hear about the negative experience. We understand how that would be frustrating! We're going to direct message you for more details about your order so that we can get to the bottom of this issue.
melissas446
11/15/18

I made a purchase on Bonanza.com. I had questions and a Bonanza agent quickly responded and then guided me in the right direction to speak with the Vendor. The communication continued in order to keep me updated. The customer service is excellent and I will make future purchase via the Bonanza site.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Melissa S, thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that. We look forward to seeing you on Bonanza again soon!
garys542
11/15/18

I find great deals on Bonanza and I love my doll . Buying is fast and easy but most of all safe. Thank you Bonanza

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Gary S., thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that. We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza!
karic35
11/6/18

I ordered two Washington Capitals jerseys from Bonanza and was really happy with the quality. I have another jersey from NHL's shop and the quality is similar but for half the price.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Kari C., thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that. Thanks for shopping on Bonanza!
ryanc325
11/5/18

Bonanza seems to be the new-comer in the eCommerce world which is high reminiscent of eBay to the point that it makes a person wonder if there was a falling out between at eBay that resulted in a falling out and Bonanza blatantly ripping off portions of eBay's site plan, category structures, and even the API methods seems stolen.

Bonanza has very little protections in place for the Buyers and Sellers, the refund / cancellation process is horrible and cumbersome, and has to be facilitated OFF SITE. Bonanza does not allow GTC listings or ANY inventory control. Site imports for inventory adjustments take upwards of 8 hours or more!

HORRIBLE MARKETPLACE. Just DON'T!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Ryan C.,
We're sorry to hear that your experience on Bonanza has not been positive. Bonanza was founded over 10 years ago with the goal of being a marketplace where buyers can find everything but the ordinary, in one of the friendliest communities on the internet. We also pride ourselves on our seller friendly tools and policies designed to help entrepreneurs succeed. We apologize that this has not been your experience so far!

We do everything in our power to protect both buyers and sellers, and we are always adding improvements to make that process more simple and secure. We appreciate your feedback and are always open to hearing your opinions and ideas. Thank you for taking the time to write us!
roseannz
10/29/18

I don't know how I came upon Bonanza.com, except I think it came up when I looked up Boots No. 7, a foundation I was interested in. From what little I could research, it seems that Bonanza is a site where sellers of all kinds of products can advertise and try to sell their products. I'm not sure if this is true.
Anyway, I give 2 stars for the DESCRIPTIONS of the products on Bonanza website. The descriptions are SO HORRIBLY VAGUE!!! In some cases I'm not sure if a product is used or new, if something is leather or vinyl or cardboard, and so on. You can send a question to the seller, and I have without anyone answering.
So I thought I'd take a chance and I ordered what was described as a leather shoulder handbag. I couldn't tell the size of this purse, as no dimensions were given. I ordered another product, too, also with almost no specific information reported.
This site needs to provide buyers with a whole lot more in terms of describing their products! It's terrible how little sellers tell us about what they are selling!
So this first review gets one star (barely) for the way the website is set up and the complete lack of specific detail of the products.
WHEN I GET MY PRODUCTS, I WILL RATE BONANZA.COM ON THE PRODUCTS I RECEIVED.
Since I saw some reviews that said buyers got fake, cheap items, I ordered two things I could afford to lose money on. I hope I get good results. I will update this review later.
Thank you.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Roseann, sorry to hear about the trouble with your first experience on Bonanza! To confirm, Bonanza is an online marketplace that connects buyers to transact directly with individual sellers. Bonanza does not produce, house or ship any items itself.

It sounds like you've taken the right step by attempting to contact the seller directly with your question, but you haven't heard back yet. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that support channel, and they will be glad to help!
km356
10/22/18

Knock off of a well know designer. Their shoes are satin, these are gross vinyl. I felt like throwing them away. NO INFO on how to return. Obviously Chinese company. Just awful. Buyer beware!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi K M., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
timothyt92
10/18/18

While I have only made a few purchases on this site, I was amazed at how exceptional all of those experiences were. So far I am extremely pleased with it.

So far so good!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Timothy, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that. Thanks for shopping on Bonanza!
robertb1265
10/12/18

This site is full of fake products, there are SEVERAL accounts that have stolen photos from my website and try to pass them off as their own, and the don't even bother to remove the watermark.

I've contacted their support, and I get the run around, and they won't do anything with at cease and desist order

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Thank you, Robert. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We take counterfeit items and images very seriously. Legally, we have to require a Cease and Desist with links to each listing in violation. If you have any questions on what that entails please contact support@bonanza.com and we will be happy to give further instruction on what is needed.

Again, we take accusations like this very seriously and do everything we can to protect both our buyers and sellers. We look forward to hearing from you with the necessary legal items so that we can take further action.
jamesf523
9/29/18

I have gotten a "fantastic" watch from Bonanza.com! Their assortment of watches is "mind-boggling". They had the lowest price I have seen with this particular watch, and also it came with all the tags, cases and boxes. (Some sellers charge an extra fee for the boxes and cases- a rip off as far as I am concerned.) All watch collectors must visit this site. You will be glad you did. Thanks Bonanza!! Jim Fernald

julieh108
9/26/18

I had an excellent buying experience. Item was custom made to my measurements, quick service, item arrived fairly quickly, and fit perfectly. Not too expensive. Will shop Bonanza.com vendors again!

katrinah60
9/26/18

I ordered the Tory Burch large Quinn nylon tote. It arrived quickly and was exactly what was pictured and described!

johns3219
9/20/18

I bought a customized Chicago Blackhawks Jersey. The product arrived quickly and the quality was excellent. I ordered 10 more for friends and was on a tight timeline. Even from China they arrived within 10 days. Communications was very good.

Helpful answer -2

Bonanza has an internal customer service department that can be contacted directly at support@bonanza.com, or you can click on the "Contact" link found on the footer of any page on Bonanza.com

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

No not fake but very little if any screening of their sellers. My recommendation is if you can find the item somewhere else do so.

By John Q.

ebay..I always get great customer service from ebay... as a seller. Bonanza provides no customer service; if you have an issue, they just keep sending the same "canned" response over and over....and I had one sale on Bonanza for which they charged me a 17% fee... then they took $25 more out of my bank account.... I have addressed both of these issues with Bonanza... Regarding the huge 17% fee... they sent me about seven (7) of the same "canned" response. I wanted a lesser % fee since their website claims they always charge the "lowest fee possible"... just one "canned" response after another... If they would have offered a more reasonable % fee in order to provide me with satisfactory customer service.. I would have been satisfied; but they did not.... after the seventh "canned" response... I closed my booth.... And NOW... EVEN WORSE... they took an additional $25.00 out of my bank account... and for what I have no idea. I called the phone number which was listed with the transaction on my bank account and of course got a recording. I left my information, and it has been four days.... and still no response. When you call ebay, you speak to a live person who works to solve your concerns.... I HATE BONANZA... and you would think that BONANZA would not want RIDICULOUSLY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS... but they do not care. I moved all my ebay items to Bonanza to see if it was a better experience than ebay... ebay's fees are 10%....and they have a much larger shopping audience... and they have real customer service people that you can talk to. Bonanza has a much smaller shopping audience, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL, and their goal appears to be to charge sellers the most enormous fees that they can get away with. I never get online to post negative reviews.... I generally get online to post about great customer service and great products.... I like to keep things on the POSITIVE... but this is just not possible with BONANZA....they are like a Phantom Selling Platform.... totally disgusted. I will be reporting BONANZA to the BBB and to the US Attorney General's Office. Very disappointing experience.

By Nancy C.

Sellers can create and offer coupons with zero limitations ("Sell on Bonanza > Edit booth options > Discounts & Coupons").

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

I have never seen any benefit to paying extra for advertising. Bonanza just doesnt do it like ebay does. Have you ever seen a Bonanza ad on TV? Nope. And therein lies the problem. Nobody will shop there if they havent heard of it. True many sellers are leaving ebay (or sadly being kicked off by the BS) but nearly everyone goes to Bonanza to SELL not to buy.

By Tina T.

I set up my account with Bonanza and their platform is pretty much the same as setting up an account with eBay, Etsy, Amazon, etc. What problems are you having?

By joyce r.

Bonanza sellers you can check if he or she has been active on his or her store it will show when the last ime he logged in it shows in his profile on the left top. check his feedback to see if anyone else has gave him feedback this month.he or she is busy or never checks his bonanza account daily like other normal active selllrs do. all sepends who is the seller and how long he been selling on bonanza. there are many drop shippers and china sellers and it takes about 2 to 4 weeks for any international shipping to get to the U.S.A. it has to go through customs before they release it to the post office.if no respond you should file a complaint with your credit card company or bank.

By William C.

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

I recommend that you don't use Bonanza. But since you have, contact Bonanza and give them a chance to rectify it. If they do not contact the Better Business Bureau in the state that Bonanza is register in and file a complaint. You will have to be persistent because it has been my experience that Bonanza doesn't care.

By Jesse P.

Bonanza is not more doggy then ebay lot of time i buy something on there and don't receive nothing if you buy with PayPal don't matter which site you buy from you get money back if not receive nothing. ..

By Frodo O.
Questions? Get answers from the Bonanza staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Bonanza