Review of Bonanza

Seattle, WA 98119, US
support@bonanza.com

rayr135
3/14/19

I recently P urchased a service manual cd from Zenonm booth for a Suzuki outboard. It was coming from Canada, but it took 2 weeks to get to me (about 250 miles). When the cd arrived is was obviously a scam as the cd was an old cd, it was cracked, and it had nothing recorded on it. When using the site you are forced to use PayPal which should have a red flag. Evidently Bonanza doesn't much care if their vendors are scammers or not.

I'll wait to see how bonanza responds, but I have no recourse thru PayPal, and I'm not expecting much help from Bonanza.

Stay away from this site!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Ray R., we are sorry to hear about the negative experience with your CD. We understand how that would be frustrating! We see that you've already taken the right step by contacting our support team at support@bonanza.com. If you have additional questions at this time, please do let us know and our support team will be glad to continue assisting you.
laurhendah
3/14/19
• Updated review

This is an addition to my previous post . They finally answered and said "I bought a site with my name on it" that's why they stole money from my account. (Under a free 30 day trial). I have no idea what they mean, but in the meantime, they NEVER closed my account 2 weeks ago as I obviously directed and state now someone wants to buy an item of mine, and I must pack it up and ship it before they will close the account now. Ironically, it's a few days away now from the trial being over. I told them I'm not packing up or shipping nor selling Anything through their fraudulent, lying web site. They literally told me I HAVE to follow through with the sell to close my account. I closed down my bank account instead. What nerve...what a ridiculous company. DONT DO IT, DONT SIGN WITH THIS COMPANY!!

“Don't fall for the FREE TRIAL and the site you build during that time is another trick!!”
3/5/19
• Previous review

I opened an account under a "free trial for 30 days" that was supposed to expire on March 11th. It was a very long, time consuming ordeal to set it up because there is so very many divisions of information you have to research and read to understand how to design your booth. You would just have to set one up to understand what all it entails. It's CRAZY!
I listed 41 items, it took me several days to list them because of all the reading, entering it in different ways, building banners, commenting on things, its just unheard of what you have to do. I listed great items, lots of Vuitton, Chanel, and others and set prices that should sell them quickly. Nothing was overpriced and I chose free shipping for the buyer to encourage quick sales.
I NEVER sold anything!!! I got 2 offers to buy items with offers that were an insult to even ask someone! It was over 10 days before I got ANY offers or activity on my booth. (And only after I sent an inquiry asking them what was the problem causing it) This is a site that proclaims they give you all these tools, and advertising they do on your behalf , to absolutely increase your ability to sell and build a great online business. I would constantly go to my "check your stat page" and see no visits, and 15 or more items with marks saying "fix issues". What these problems were I could never figure out, but they were not being shown to anybody visiting my booth. It was so COMPLICATED AND RIDICULOUS!
On March 4th, I get my February bank statement, and as I'm reviewing it, I come across a charge from them on February 16th for $25.00. It has to be a mistake!! I have nothing due, I'm under a free trial! With all these prompts and graphs and crap, I would know I've owed something, and should also know Ive paid for something.
NO, THEY DID IT!! THEY STOLE THAT MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON BUT FRAUD!!
I have sent 8 messages, at least, since then with no reply. The minute my bank opens up I'm having it reported and filing a grievance against them.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!! ITS ALL FAR MORE THAN ANYBODY WANTS TO DEAL WITH AND THEN THEY LIE AND STEAL WHENEVER THEY WANT TO!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Laurhenda H., we are sorry to hear about the negative experience. We understand how that would be frustrating! We see that you've already taken the right step by contacting our support team at support@bonanza.com. Please check your email for a response explaining this charge. We hope this helps clear up any confusion, and if you have additional questions, our support team will be glad to continue assisting you.
markt428
3/14/19

Bought an item from Bonanza, first they sent it to the wrong address. Then refused a refund, then told me i should claim it back from my credit card company .

Needless to say i am now $250 out of pocket. Please Please dont let this happen to you.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Mark T., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. We understand how that would be frustrating! Bonanza is a platform that connects buyers with individual sellers. Please contact our support team directly via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and they will be glad to help!
lionessl
3/9/19

I purchased a product from TranD21, who replied immediately that the "in stock" item would be shipped within 24 hours. A week later, still nothing. I reached out through the "help" button, and received a reply to file a claim through PayPal, whom does not deal with disputes. The company should be put out of business for fraudulent practices. Item was never sent and never received. Bonanza Promotes Theft!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Lioness L., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
paulm1092
3/5/19

I tried Bonanza for the very first time, and it will be the LAST TIME I EVER USE THEM. I ordered an item from a Chrome Deco Table and Chair Vendor. Instead of receiving an invoice, Bonanza sent me an email saying they would get back to me after making sure the vendor had enough inventory to ship to me(I ordered just ONE unit) and get back to me. Why would Bonanza allow a vendor to advertise his product if he didn't have inventory? Regardless, Bonanza never got back to me like they promised. So I contacted the vendor directly. He never responded. In the meantime days had gone by and I receive a $25 OFF offer from Bonanza on the same items that I was trying to purchase in the first place??? Explain that one to me??? Then I contact Bonanza again. They apologize and say they will contact the vendor directly. Nothing changes. So, I tell Bonanza enough is enough. I tried to get this vendor to sell me his product not, not twice but three different times and I never heard back from him. Bonanza says it's not their fault. Yes it is. They should do proper screening of vendors before they allow them to be included on their site and hold them accountable if they mistreat customers. I am not at all convinced that Bonanza even said squat to this terrible vendor. In reading other bad reviews, it appears Bonanza does little or no vetting of their vendors and that's a shame. I recommend that you DO NOT USE BONANZA!!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Paul M., we are sorry to hear that the seller was unresponsive to your offer. We understand how that would be frustrating! Rest assured that Bonanza expects sellers to be communicative and responsible regarding buyers' offers. We appreciated you contacting our support team directly about this issue so that our team can take appropriate action.
If there is any further assistance we can provide, please do not hesitate to contact our support team again at support@bonanza.com. We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza!
tracea3
3/4/19

Wouldn't recommend them! They are over priced and you pay a so much money on something that should work and doesn't! Just tell you to try a different video player because they won't return it if it's past 30day! Most people can't watch 7 series in 30days when you have a full time job! So unless you want to spend a $#*! ton of money on movies and don't care if it works I wouldn't recommend!! Not my first issue and definitely will be my last with this company!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Trace A., we're sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
jimmyb128
3/3/19

I CANNOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM BUYERS BECAUSE CRIMINAL PAYPAL WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS. THEY JUST DECIDE ONE DAY THEY WON'T DO BUSINESS WITH YOU EVER AGAIN.
BONANZA DOESN'T CARE AND ONLY WORKS WITH CRIMINAL MONOPOLY PAYPAL.
THEY WILL NOW LOSE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Jimmy B., we are sorry to hear about the difficulty you've experienced with PayPal. We apologize that there is not another payment processor available for you to use on Bonanza at this time. Rest assured that we are working to offer alternative payment processors in the future. We hope this helps reassure you that we are always striving to make life easier for sellers. We appreciate your support of Bonanza!
divinag
3/2/19

I scoured the internet looking for a leopard/cheetah print fleece blanket jacket. My sister has one but it was given to her as a gift. I found a similar one on Amazon but it was unavailable and there was no date as to when it would be coming back. Well, I found it on Bonanza, through a seller, GoSherryGo, and had such a great experience. The transaction was smooth and the communication with the seller was super easy. My purchase came with bonus matching pair of super soft socks!!! I found this website to be very similar to Ebay because they sell all kinds of stuff!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Divina G., we're happy to hear that! We appreciate your support of Bonanza!
alanj109
2/28/19

I recently discovered Bonanza.com to purchase my used DVD's and am very pleased with the service,price,shipping time and quality of everything I have purchased. Add it to your Favorites list and I'm sure you won't regret it!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Alan J., we're happy to hear that. Thanks for shopping on Bonanza!
cautiousb1
2/22/19

I wanted to do something nice for my husband who has been struggling lately with physical and mental issues. He has always wanted a signed autograph of a particular player. When I bought it on the site for $500 and gave it to him he said that it just didn't look right. We brought it to an authentication place and they said it was a fake and that there is a lot of fakes on that site. I therefore contacted them to return the item stating only that it was not what my husband wanted. They blasted me with pages of legal documents and said that I cant return it. They will only return items that were torn during shipping. So basically I got scammed out of $500. Please don't let this happen to you.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Cautious B., so sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
jeffs641
2/17/19

Our company thought we are trying out this marketplace and listed all of our products we sell. These are more than 10,000 items.
We have the Gold membership for $40 per month with Google Shopping ads.
After two ,months, we only sold 6 products.
Many listings have images disappeared, half of the brand we offer cannot be found when using the search function, inventory cannot be set to zero, because Bonanza does not allow to have a zero inventory, and many more bugs/issues.
We contacted the support several times with these problems, but they just ignore you by not responding at all.
We are removing all of our listings and closing our account. Not worth the time because you lose more money in the long run, considering all the time involved.

daveb551
2/10/19

After searching the web for things I stumbled on Bonanza and was really pleased. I found a seller who I was able to contact and ask questions. I made 2 awesome deals with a Bonanza seller for a couple of out of date products. I have not had any problems to report yet. I think I like Bonanza better than ebay.

Tip for consumers: I would give the same advice for any online selling/shopping site. Becareful about your purchases and use paypal.

wendym263
2/2/19

I purchased a one of a kind piece that is clearly worth far more than I paid for it. When it arrived I was so surprised by the beauty of it. I am more than extatic about purchasing here again. Highly recommended.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Wendy M., thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that :) We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza!
jaradr2
1/31/19

They allow pos sellers on their site who don't follow up with emails and they don't send out the product. I waited over a week for the paypal to be accepted and it wasn't, so I cancelled. This is low level stuff. Id stay away from this site.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Jarad R., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. We understand how that would be frustrating! Bonanza expects sellers to be communicative and responsible regarding buyers' orders, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We hope that you might try shopping with a different seller on Bonanza in the future. If we can be of further assistance at this time, please email our support team at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel and will be glad to help!
lisaa395
lisa a.
1/23/19

Terrible customer service they dont help resolve any issues and they allow any scamer seller on there site STAY AWAY WORST EXPERIENCE AND HASSLE NOW TO GET MY MONEY BACK.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Lisa A., we're sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
lorettad26
1/20/19

It was my first time dealing with Bonanza.com i found them from random searching for my jacket. I do not regret my decision to order from them. Everything went perfect and i will use them again in future. I am sorry icannot upload a picture the item i purchased was bought for a friend at work. But the jacket was amazing

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Loretta D., thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that! We look forward to seeing you on Bonanza again in the future.
johnw1507
1/7/19

For an excellent inexpensive platform to sell on. Thank you for the quick response in fixing a mistake that you did not have to do, but did. Okay, you may not be the fastest when it comes to customer support, but compare to Ebay's, your performance is outstanding with real results. I made a mistake, not a good one, and because of my mistake I never expected Bonanza to go back and fix it for me. Why? Because they did not have too. I got results that I never expected, and was very surprised since the fix was more beneficial to me than to you. I have sold some things, not a lot. What I have sold has been flawless, without any interference, or heavy handed tactics like some other company we may know. I have been allowed to sell with ease, without the feeling of extortion, and or abuse. You have treated this seller as your customer, and thus I am very grateful. I never hear from you unless I call out first which is rare. Like I have said I have not sold a lot on the ranch but I want too. The possibilities could be unlimited. I am very pleased in every aspect with Bonanza. It isn't perfect but it sure a lot better than most. The fees? What fees in comparison to everyone else? There is an old saying that you get what you pay more, but with Bonanza I get so much more. I am sure I may one day have issues, but I cannot imagine they won't try to make it right as they always have. This true, I have gotten more from Bonanza than Bonanza has gotten out of me. I feel that if I needed to btch at anyone would be to that other company who provides lousy customer support, policies that aid in thievery, wants to be a nanny to my business, thinks sellers are scum of the Earth, all the while paying outrages fees. For all that and more, I want to say thank you to those @ Bonanza. I truly get more than what I pay for.....I lot more! zoso To those who complain, you pay nothing but you sure demand a lot from this company that provides a platform and store without cost. Their fees are next to nil but many of you believe they owe you the world. If you do not like them than move off or open up a real story with real fees. And to the person who blames and believes that Bonanza should lock your store at night. What are you doing about your own security? If you feel violated or wrong than go after the culprit, not someone who treats as you should be treated, a third party entity. If someone is infringing on your rights, your product or identity then call the police and get a lawyer and sue the villain. A landlord may give you the space for your store and a key for the door, but it is your store, your responsibility, not that landlord. Many of you literally pay nothing for Bonanza and you come off rather abusive believing that they should even do more for the lot of you. In all honesty, I am sure their lawyers have already laid those terms out of all of us. I think Bonanza is nice to even reach out because they could easily delete your accounts, and sue some of you for liable, with good cause. If you are over 18 years of age, you, not your parents can be held accountable for your words. Business is not a game and if it is treated as one you will lose every time.....This company provides a platform for you to sell, it isn't your day care provider. If you need a nanny there is always that other company. Anyway, Great Company Bonanza! Great Job! Thank you!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi John W., thank you for your review and feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying Bonanza. We appreciate your support!
sassp
12/24/18

Bonanzle use to be a great site but when it became Bonanza everything changed and it started going downhill. Customer support is terrible, slow and you seldom get any help. Customer service usually tells you to delete your cookies, clean your cache, get a different browers or some other dumb thing that most everyone has already done. Site is always having problems. They spend more time writing worthless blogs then they do fixing problems. There are very few buyers. Sure you can list for free but advertising is expensive and if you don't advertise then you sell nothing. Bonanza is starting to be a dictator just like eBay. Now they have added a verification box when using search and pictures are fussy and of poor quality and after several attempts you will be blocked from searching. Another method to drive buyers away. Have NEVER run into a verification box on any other sites when I wanted to brows when shopping. Then you work on writing up nice listings so they will be easy to read and easy to find the information a buyer would want and without any warning Bonanza goes in and changes the listing by running everything into one paragraph that is murder to read. No warning at all to sellers about this change. All I can say is Bonanza is not going to last if they don't change their ways. Sellers are starting to leave and going elsewhere. Buyers, well hard to say as there never was very many there. Use to be a really good place when it first opened but not any more. So sad as many sellers there had great hopes for the Bonanza site. The sellers are hard working sincere people who are just trying to make an honest living. Yes you may find a fraudulent seller at Bonanza but you can find them on most any site.

Tip for consumers: Think twice before you waste your time setting up a booth. If search and site is working a good place to shop.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Sass P., thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're always working to improve Bonanza and appreciate your feedback. Our support team has recently sent you a follow up email. They will be glad to help get to the bottom of the issues you are experiencing!
mycp
12/18/18

Bonanza has great deals on all sorts of unique items. Such as these rare ariocarpus sp. And other fantastic succelents

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Myc P.,

Thanks for your review. It's always exciting to hear about the cool things shoppers find on Bonanza! We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza.
renef26
12/18/18

My purchase was great. The graphics were much better than I thought they would be. The item came in a timely fashion. So happy with seller, will buy again!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Rene F.,

Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to hear that! :) We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza.
kenf119
12/18/18

Bonanza seller 'PaparazziSuperStar' is awesome. I highly recommend this seller and bonanza.com--I give both 5 Stars plus!

Tip for consumers: Give Bonanza.com and Bonanza seller 'PaparazziSuperStar' a try.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Ken F.,

Thanks for your review, we're happy to hear that! We appreciate your support of Bonanza.
lotharm4
12/13/18

I would just like to add a Serious Caution on selling on BONANZA. I made a few sales there and then got a bunch of no pay's. Guess what. There is no way to cancel an order for non payment and Bonanza wants the commission anyway. They ended up billing me a lousy $32 for orders never paid for and thus not shipped. I consider them to be nothing more than scammers. How do you charge commission when payment or non payment goes through your site and you can clearly see it was not paid for. I would steer clear of BONANZA

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Lothar M., we understand your concern. Sorry for any confusion here! Sellers on Bonanza can mark orders as unpaid and request refunds on the final value fees for a cancelled transaction, up to 90 days from the date of the transaction.

This help page has instructions on what to do if a buyer does not pay, and how to request fee refunds: https://www.bonanza.com/site_help/offers/cancel_transaction_on_bonanza#refundFee

If you'd like further assistance with the process, please email our support team at support@bonanza.com and they'll be happy to help!
johnw1461
12/7/18

Started out concerned about this purchase as they recently joined Bonanza. Pleasantly surprised as it arrived a day earlier then expected. Beautiful condition, started right up and loaded as normal. I will certainly be back for other purchases.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi John W., thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that! We look forward to seeing you on Bonanza again soon.
pats338
12/6/18

Bonanza is an excellent and caring company to do business with. I made an order and they expeditiously sent the item. The item was exactly as listed and came very fast. I would They also put in a sweet little well wishes note. You can tell this company works from the heart. I would definitely purchase from them again. GO BONANZA.COM!!!!!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Pat S., thanks for your review and kind words! :) We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza.
leslier29
11/29/18

I was looking for an Instant pot for,my daughter for a gift. This sites popped up with the exact item I was,looking for. Amazing price. Nowhere anywhere on the ad did anything say the items were used.

I want my money back and I should have,to,pay for shipping. This is entirely misleading.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Leslie R., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!

Helpful answer -2

Bonanza has an internal customer service department that can be contacted directly at support@bonanza.com, or you can click on the "Contact" link found on the footer of any page on Bonanza.com

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

No not fake but very little if any screening of their sellers. My recommendation is if you can find the item somewhere else do so.

By John Q.

ebay..I always get great customer service from ebay... as a seller. Bonanza provides no customer service; if you have an issue, they just keep sending the same "canned" response over and over....and I had one sale on Bonanza for which they charged me a 17% fee... then they took $25 more out of my bank account.... I have addressed both of these issues with Bonanza... Regarding the huge 17% fee... they sent me about seven (7) of the same "canned" response. I wanted a lesser % fee since their website claims they always charge the "lowest fee possible"... just one "canned" response after another... If they would have offered a more reasonable % fee in order to provide me with satisfactory customer service.. I would have been satisfied; but they did not.... after the seventh "canned" response... I closed my booth.... And NOW... EVEN WORSE... they took an additional $25.00 out of my bank account... and for what I have no idea. I called the phone number which was listed with the transaction on my bank account and of course got a recording. I left my information, and it has been four days.... and still no response. When you call ebay, you speak to a live person who works to solve your concerns.... I HATE BONANZA... and you would think that BONANZA would not want RIDICULOUSLY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS... but they do not care. I moved all my ebay items to Bonanza to see if it was a better experience than ebay... ebay's fees are 10%....and they have a much larger shopping audience... and they have real customer service people that you can talk to. Bonanza has a much smaller shopping audience, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL, and their goal appears to be to charge sellers the most enormous fees that they can get away with. I never get online to post negative reviews.... I generally get online to post about great customer service and great products.... I like to keep things on the POSITIVE... but this is just not possible with BONANZA....they are like a Phantom Selling Platform.... totally disgusted. I will be reporting BONANZA to the BBB and to the US Attorney General's Office. Very disappointing experience.

By Nancy C.

Sellers can create and offer coupons with zero limitations ("Sell on Bonanza > Edit booth options > Discounts & Coupons").

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

I have never seen any benefit to paying extra for advertising. Bonanza just doesnt do it like ebay does. Have you ever seen a Bonanza ad on TV? Nope. And therein lies the problem. Nobody will shop there if they havent heard of it. True many sellers are leaving ebay (or sadly being kicked off by the BS) but nearly everyone goes to Bonanza to SELL not to buy.

By Tina T.

I set up my account with Bonanza and their platform is pretty much the same as setting up an account with eBay, Etsy, Amazon, etc. What problems are you having?

By joyce r.

Bonanza sellers you can check if he or she has been active on his or her store it will show when the last ime he logged in it shows in his profile on the left top. check his feedback to see if anyone else has gave him feedback this month.he or she is busy or never checks his bonanza account daily like other normal active selllrs do. all sepends who is the seller and how long he been selling on bonanza. there are many drop shippers and china sellers and it takes about 2 to 4 weeks for any international shipping to get to the U.S.A. it has to go through customs before they release it to the post office.if no respond you should file a complaint with your credit card company or bank.

By William C.

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

I recommend that you don't use Bonanza. But since you have, contact Bonanza and give them a chance to rectify it. If they do not contact the Better Business Bureau in the state that Bonanza is register in and file a complaint. You will have to be persistent because it has been my experience that Bonanza doesn't care.

By Jesse P.

Bonanza is not more doggy then ebay lot of time i buy something on there and don't receive nothing if you buy with PayPal don't matter which site you buy from you get money back if not receive nothing. ..

By Frodo O.
Questions? Get answers from the Bonanza staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Bonanza