Review of Bonanza

Seattle, WA 98119, US
support@bonanza.com

km356
10/22/18

Knock off of a well know designer. Their shoes are satin, these are gross vinyl. I felt like throwing them away. NO INFO on how to return. Obviously Chinese company. Just awful. Buyer beware!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi K M., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
timothyt92
10/18/18

While I have only made a few purchases on this site, I was amazed at how exceptional all of those experiences were. So far I am extremely pleased with it.

So far so good!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Timothy, thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that. Thanks for shopping on Bonanza!
robertb1265
10/12/18

This site is full of fake products, there are SEVERAL accounts that have stolen photos from my website and try to pass them off as their own, and the don't even bother to remove the watermark.

I've contacted their support, and I get the run around, and they won't do anything with at cease and desist order

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Thank you, Robert. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We take counterfeit items and images very seriously. Legally, we have to require a Cease and Desist with links to each listing in violation. If you have any questions on what that entails please contact support@bonanza.com and we will be happy to give further instruction on what is needed.

Again, we take accusations like this very seriously and do everything we can to protect both our buyers and sellers. We look forward to hearing from you with the necessary legal items so that we can take further action.
jamesf523
9/29/18

I have gotten a "fantastic" watch from Bonanza.com! Their assortment of watches is "mind-boggling". They had the lowest price I have seen with this particular watch, and also it came with all the tags, cases and boxes. (Some sellers charge an extra fee for the boxes and cases- a rip off as far as I am concerned.) All watch collectors must visit this site. You will be glad you did. Thanks Bonanza!! Jim Fernald

julieh108
9/26/18

I had an excellent buying experience. Item was custom made to my measurements, quick service, item arrived fairly quickly, and fit perfectly. Not too expensive. Will shop Bonanza.com vendors again!

katrinah60
9/26/18

I ordered the Tory Burch large Quinn nylon tote. It arrived quickly and was exactly what was pictured and described!

johns3219
9/20/18

I bought a customized Chicago Blackhawks Jersey. The product arrived quickly and the quality was excellent. I ordered 10 more for friends and was on a tight timeline. Even from China they arrived within 10 days. Communications was very good.

amys500
9/20/18

Online shopping can be hit and miss. Frankly, no matter what site you order from, unless you're familiar with the brand, you take a chance every time you buy something from an unknown seller. I pretty much online shop online so I've had tons of great and many poor experiences. So far, Bonanza has been good to me. I've now purchased 2 custom Oakland A's jerseys and 1 custom SF Giants jersey (I'm from the Bay Area). My seller was amazing. Some person/seller in 2 transactions. Super responsive, very fast shipping time, and the product was outstanding! (Which is why I ordered two more after the first one came!) I'd definitely explore more sellers on the site but I'll absolutely be coming back to this seller and send friends her way too!

cesarl71
9/20/18

As soon as I put the jersey on I knew I made the right choice, it felt and looked authentic, also the patches and customization was on point. 10/10

ronaldj70
8/31/18

Very good quality on the jersey don't let low price fool you it is a top of the line jersey. Fast worldwide delivery and up to date tracking.

sarahc451
8/31/18

This was my 1st purchase on Bonanza.com. I like the effortless option to check out via my Amazon account. Sparkleize, the seller, is reliable in my experience. She described the vintage item I ordered honestly and packed it with care. She provided shipping/tracking info. When I contacted her with an issue, she responded promptly though she was traveling at the time. My issue was resolved quickly & efficiently. I will shop Sparkleize in the future.

bettys127
8/23/18

1st impressions are lasting. My 1st order. Seller kept communication open. Never felt abandoned or the need to follow up. Chair was delivered faster than exp0ected. Delivery driver very nice and professional. Most certainly would recommend and shop with this seller again.

yvonnec75
8/23/18

When a company does not respond to tracking inquiry sends a red flag..reasonable prices but emphasis on customer service is just as important.

casif
8/15/18

My product came and was even more awesome than what I thought it was going to be. I ordered from the seller FrogAndBearCreations.

markk372
8/15/18

Great baseball cards of high quality in perfect condition. Came quickly as promised, and added quality cards to my collection.

groovyg1
8/11/18

The problem with Bonanza for a seller

For a seller on Bonanza, there are two critical issues, in our view, that make it an overall poor choice of online marketplace.

The first issue, for a variety of sub-reasons into which we delve deeper further down, we will herein succinctly state as just overall POOR ROI (cost against views and sales | conversions). On top of this, the Company has dreadful problem resolution (ironically, the so-called resolution is a problem in itself!) and a totalitarian way of attempting problem resolution.

Our story went that, as an online seller of some success for more than 3 years within other marketplaces, we wanted to create an additional online presence for our goods. Thus, we looked at and spent considerable time and money, setting up a Bonanza booth.

The set up took several months to complete (an upload of our partial inventory of about 2,000 items). The importer tool, which is supposed to reduce the time needed to set up a booth, did NOT work well and did NOT import images. On top of this, the costs associated with operating a booth within Bonanza can be and were for us extremely high. In fact, the highest we have paid in our three years of online selling, in some cases coming in at a whopping 30% (these are just the commissions paid and do NOT include other fees that may apply depending on payment method of buyer, as one example of an additional cost). As well, the overall traffic to Bonanza.com is much less (often to the point of non-existent) compared to other online marketplaces where we pay much less in overall fees.

The Turbolister packages, an additional expense to a Bonanza seller, which claim to provide more booth views (so presumably, more Google etc online advertising of your items), will set you back about $50 a month based on using 2 packages a month at about $25 a package (USD). Then there are the Memberships, which are optional, and they also cost extra (Silver at $20 USD a month, Gold at $40 USD a month). Again, Bonanza claims they will provide enhanced traffic to your booth. We didn't really see that and when searching for our shop's listed items using Google Search, after paying for all this Bonanza advertising, our listings were never found. In fact, NO! mention of Bonanza-listed items were ever found by us on Google, even when checking other shop's listings that appeared to have been listed for some time (more than long enough for Google to have indexed them). We tried various combinations of relevant keywords and nada was found!

Our conclusion here? The user-programmable commissions that claim to offer enhanced | increased online exposure of booth items do not seem to be registering with the world's #1 search Engine, Google, making us wonder what we (or those other Bonanza sellers) were and are paying for! While Sellers may choose lower rates of commission (3.5% to 30% are the ranges), it should be noted that any commission setting below 9% commission paid on a sale comes with ZERO other advertising (not that we seemed to be getting any anyway!) and it is stated that your items are then restricted to Bonanza.com organic traffic only. In this scenario, a would-be purchaser would have to directly log onto the Bonanza site, type in a search for an item you have in your booth, find your item and purchase it. This scenario would, in our view, be rather rare. Bonanza is not a recognized brand (unlike 1stdibs or some other sites) and presumably again, they would rely heavily on search-engine ads to drive traffic (again, we didn't find any relevant ads for our items, or others, using Google ... but that would be the theory for a little-known brand).

Giving Bonanza a try, our unfortunate results speak for themselves. In about 4 MONTHS of operation, hundreds in fees and two months of set up, our Bonanza booth garnered a total of 4 sales. This is in direct comparison to 150-200 sales PER MONTH! (so, 600-800 sales in 4 months) within other, overall far less costly, online marketplaces where when we pay for advertising, we can actually see our items come up on the first page of search engines like Google.

As a smaller service provider, Bonanza Customer Service is not as readily available and this can be an issue. Folks will normally find they will wait at least 24H (often longer) for a response to any queries sent to staff. Staff appear to be more volunteers than paid employees and often, the information they provide is incorrect after also being slow to arrive.

On the positive side, the Bonanza booth set-up interface is very easy to use (beware some things like the non-working importer and unintended duplications, etc) and when staff does contact you, in our experience, they have been pleasant and eager to help, just slow at offering help with information and instructions that are sometimes incorrect.

A specific beef with the Administration for us were the innumerable times Bonanza attempted to bill a few days ahead of schedule to a card. The system seems to NEVER retain debit VISA or MC card #s, for whatever reason and thus, each month, the entire booth would get put on hold for non-payment. Once the issue is sorted - by re-entering the card # manually each month - a seller must also then manually take the shop off of the imposed vacation status and update all items for sale. If there were any advertising campaigns (again, NOT that we could find our ads anywhere to begin with, even when paying), the Seller would have to re-start the advertising process with Google or another search engine re-spidering the booth. Not great for a site which is already costing you heavily and administrative issues that were not really the Seller's fault.

The site just doesn't work, doesn't live up to claims and is costly. There are better options by far, at less cost, than a Bonanza booth.

Our opinion.

Overall, Bonanza was and is seen by us as representing poor value and bad overall service to its Sellers. Our rating of 1 star reflects these sentiments and we have now closed our Bonanza booth and chalked the wasted time and money up to experience.

nicholeg19
8/10/18

Extremely satisfied with Bonanza.com. Receive fast responses to questions and immediate assistance. Fast and free shipping options and priority mailing. Item is shipped within the same day to next business day depending on timing. Products are of high standards and I have NEVER had an issue when using Bonanza.com, which I have been using regularly for over two years now.

sharonp225
8/3/18

To: Urvashi

I received my curtains and they are so BEAUTIFUL!! I absolutely LOVE THEM, thank you so very much!! I usually don't indulge by spending money on myself or buying myself things that make me feel like me or make me a part of who I am so needless to say the choice I made to purchase your curtains was a long thought out decision which I am so Happy I made, because all of your curtains have individuality it makes them even more special to me, each curtain was definitely worth it!! They will look beautiful in my living room.

Again thank you so very much!!

Tip for consumers: The seller was very attentive and answered my emails quickly and the product was shipped very quickly so I would definitely recommend this website and seller.

lindag456
8/3/18

Every experience I have had on the site has been a positive one. I highly recommend them! There is quite a selection in every category imaginable. Sellers ship quickly. I personally enjoy checking out their vintage items.

fredl100
8/2/18

I purchase a item on bonanza,
Two hours later I receive a notice that the seller was not longer a member but they did take my money. I try to recollect my money from bonanza but they denied long story short is a complete b?$sh$?
Please spread the word...

sherryg68
8/1/18

I bought a beautiful oriental Eva rug from Bonanza. It shipped from India very quickly and arrived very well packaged. The colors are beautiful and it is a thick plush gorgeous rug. A friend of mine told me that she had a great experience buying a rug from Bonanza so I decided to do the same. The quality is wonderful and I am very, very please with my purchase. I would most definitely buy from Bonanza again!!!

sebastiand25
8/1/18

Bonanza is a great easy website to purchase items on! I had no problems while making my purchase. I was able to review my order and was assured fast delivery!

traciw27
7/27/18

I was able to purchase an edible image for my daughter's Sweet 16 that was just like a store bought cake image. The seller was amazing and my whole experience on Bonanza.com was above and beyond my expectations!! I think they are better than all other competitors and I've shopped with them all. I'm now sticking with Bonanza.com only!

maries120
7/26/18

Purchased a 25th Anniversary Disney collectible DVD from bonanza. Their price beat Amazon by $5. Cannot say much more since it was shipped to my daughter, yet she had no complaints!

bartm39
7/24/18

I've been on Bonanza for 5 years now and I have not sold a single item. Some may chalk it up to bad luck, but I am a top rated seller on another site. There is simply no action here. Have you read any of the so called success stories on Bonanza? If you read one of them be sure to check the feedback of the person writing the story. I have not seen one of these stories where the person sold more than a few items on this site, and it took years to do it. That doesn't sound like success to me.

Helpful answer -2

Bonanza has an internal customer service department that can be contacted directly at support@bonanza.com, or you can click on the "Contact" link found on the footer of any page on Bonanza.com

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

No not fake but very little if any screening of their sellers. My recommendation is if you can find the item somewhere else do so.

By John Q.

ebay..I always get great customer service from ebay... as a seller. Bonanza provides no customer service; if you have an issue, they just keep sending the same "canned" response over and over....and I had one sale on Bonanza for which they charged me a 17% fee... then they took $25 more out of my bank account.... I have addressed both of these issues with Bonanza... Regarding the huge 17% fee... they sent me about seven (7) of the same "canned" response. I wanted a lesser % fee since their website claims they always charge the "lowest fee possible"... just one "canned" response after another... If they would have offered a more reasonable % fee in order to provide me with satisfactory customer service.. I would have been satisfied; but they did not.... after the seventh "canned" response... I closed my booth.... And NOW... EVEN WORSE... they took an additional $25.00 out of my bank account... and for what I have no idea. I called the phone number which was listed with the transaction on my bank account and of course got a recording. I left my information, and it has been four days.... and still no response. When you call ebay, you speak to a live person who works to solve your concerns.... I HATE BONANZA... and you would think that BONANZA would not want RIDICULOUSLY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS... but they do not care. I moved all my ebay items to Bonanza to see if it was a better experience than ebay... ebay's fees are 10%....and they have a much larger shopping audience... and they have real customer service people that you can talk to. Bonanza has a much smaller shopping audience, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL, and their goal appears to be to charge sellers the most enormous fees that they can get away with. I never get online to post negative reviews.... I generally get online to post about great customer service and great products.... I like to keep things on the POSITIVE... but this is just not possible with BONANZA....they are like a Phantom Selling Platform.... totally disgusted. I will be reporting BONANZA to the BBB and to the US Attorney General's Office. Very disappointing experience.

By Nancy C.

Sellers can create and offer coupons with zero limitations ("Sell on Bonanza > Edit booth options > Discounts & Coupons").

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

I have never seen any benefit to paying extra for advertising. Bonanza just doesnt do it like ebay does. Have you ever seen a Bonanza ad on TV? Nope. And therein lies the problem. Nobody will shop there if they havent heard of it. True many sellers are leaving ebay (or sadly being kicked off by the BS) but nearly everyone goes to Bonanza to SELL not to buy.

By Tina T.

I set up my account with Bonanza and their platform is pretty much the same as setting up an account with eBay, Etsy, Amazon, etc. What problems are you having?

By joyce r.

Bonanza sellers you can check if he or she has been active on his or her store it will show when the last ime he logged in it shows in his profile on the left top. check his feedback to see if anyone else has gave him feedback this month.he or she is busy or never checks his bonanza account daily like other normal active selllrs do. all sepends who is the seller and how long he been selling on bonanza. there are many drop shippers and china sellers and it takes about 2 to 4 weeks for any international shipping to get to the U.S.A. it has to go through customs before they release it to the post office.if no respond you should file a complaint with your credit card company or bank.

By William C.

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

I recommend that you don't use Bonanza. But since you have, contact Bonanza and give them a chance to rectify it. If they do not contact the Better Business Bureau in the state that Bonanza is register in and file a complaint. You will have to be persistent because it has been my experience that Bonanza doesn't care.

By Jesse P.

Bonanza is not more doggy then ebay lot of time i buy something on there and don't receive nothing if you buy with PayPal don't matter which site you buy from you get money back if not receive nothing. ..

By Frodo O.
Questions? Get answers from the Bonanza staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Bonanza