Review of Bonanza

Seattle, WA 98119, US
support@bonanza.com

casif
8/15/18

My product came and was even more awesome than what I thought it was going to be. I ordered from the seller FrogAndBearCreations.

markk372
8/15/18

Great baseball cards of high quality in perfect condition. Came quickly as promised, and added quality cards to my collection.

groovyg1
8/11/18

The problem with Bonanza for a seller

For a seller on Bonanza, there are two critical issues, in our view, that make it an overall poor choice of online marketplace.

The first issue, for a variety of sub-reasons into which we delve deeper further down, we will herein succinctly state as just overall POOR ROI (cost against views and sales | conversions). On top of this, the Company has dreadful problem resolution (ironically, the so-called resolution is a problem in itself!) and a totalitarian way of attempting problem resolution.

Our story went that, as an online seller of some success for more than 3 years within other marketplaces, we wanted to create an additional online presence for our goods. Thus, we looked at and spent considerable time and money, setting up a Bonanza booth.

The set up took several months to complete (an upload of our partial inventory of about 2,000 items). The importer tool, which is supposed to reduce the time needed to set up a booth, did NOT work well and did NOT import images. On top of this, the costs associated with operating a booth within Bonanza can be and were for us extremely high. In fact, the highest we have paid in our three years of online selling, in some cases coming in at a whopping 30% (these are just the commissions paid and do NOT include other fees that may apply depending on payment method of buyer, as one example of an additional cost). As well, the overall traffic to Bonanza.com is much less (often to the point of non-existent) compared to other online marketplaces where we pay much less in overall fees.

The Turbolister packages, an additional expense to a Bonanza seller, which claim to provide more booth views (so presumably, more Google etc online advertising of your items), will set you back about $50 a month based on using 2 packages a month at about $25 a package (USD). Then there are the Memberships, which are optional, and they also cost extra (Silver at $20 USD a month, Gold at $40 USD a month). Again, Bonanza claims they will provide enhanced traffic to your booth. We didn't really see that and when searching for our shop's listed items using Google Search, after paying for all this Bonanza advertising, our listings were never found. In fact, NO! mention of Bonanza-listed items were ever found by us on Google, even when checking other shop's listings that appeared to have been listed for some time (more than long enough for Google to have indexed them). We tried various combinations of relevant keywords and nada was found!

Our conclusion here? The user-programmable commissions that claim to offer enhanced | increased online exposure of booth items do not seem to be registering with the world's #1 search Engine, Google, making us wonder what we (or those other Bonanza sellers) were and are paying for! While Sellers may choose lower rates of commission (3.5% to 30% are the ranges), it should be noted that any commission setting below 9% commission paid on a sale comes with ZERO other advertising (not that we seemed to be getting any anyway!) and it is stated that your items are then restricted to Bonanza.com organic traffic only. In this scenario, a would-be purchaser would have to directly log onto the Bonanza site, type in a search for an item you have in your booth, find your item and purchase it. This scenario would, in our view, be rather rare. Bonanza is not a recognized brand (unlike 1stdibs or some other sites) and presumably again, they would rely heavily on search-engine ads to drive traffic (again, we didn't find any relevant ads for our items, or others, using Google ... but that would be the theory for a little-known brand).

Giving Bonanza a try, our unfortunate results speak for themselves. In about 4 MONTHS of operation, hundreds in fees and two months of set up, our Bonanza booth garnered a total of 4 sales. This is in direct comparison to 150-200 sales PER MONTH! (so, 600-800 sales in 4 months) within other, overall far less costly, online marketplaces where when we pay for advertising, we can actually see our items come up on the first page of search engines like Google.

As a smaller service provider, Bonanza Customer Service is not as readily available and this can be an issue. Folks will normally find they will wait at least 24H (often longer) for a response to any queries sent to staff. Staff appear to be more volunteers than paid employees and often, the information they provide is incorrect after also being slow to arrive.

On the positive side, the Bonanza booth set-up interface is very easy to use (beware some things like the non-working importer and unintended duplications, etc) and when staff does contact you, in our experience, they have been pleasant and eager to help, just slow at offering help with information and instructions that are sometimes incorrect.

A specific beef with the Administration for us were the innumerable times Bonanza attempted to bill a few days ahead of schedule to a card. The system seems to NEVER retain debit VISA or MC card #s, for whatever reason and thus, each month, the entire booth would get put on hold for non-payment. Once the issue is sorted - by re-entering the card # manually each month - a seller must also then manually take the shop off of the imposed vacation status and update all items for sale. If there were any advertising campaigns (again, NOT that we could find our ads anywhere to begin with, even when paying), the Seller would have to re-start the advertising process with Google or another search engine re-spidering the booth. Not great for a site which is already costing you heavily and administrative issues that were not really the Seller's fault.

The site just doesn't work, doesn't live up to claims and is costly. There are better options by far, at less cost, than a Bonanza booth.

Our opinion.

Overall, Bonanza was and is seen by us as representing poor value and bad overall service to its Sellers. Our rating of 1 star reflects these sentiments and we have now closed our Bonanza booth and chalked the wasted time and money up to experience.

nicholeg19
8/10/18

Extremely satisfied with Bonanza.com. Receive fast responses to questions and immediate assistance. Fast and free shipping options and priority mailing. Item is shipped within the same day to next business day depending on timing. Products are of high standards and I have NEVER had an issue when using Bonanza.com, which I have been using regularly for over two years now.

sharonp225
8/3/18

To: Urvashi

I received my curtains and they are so BEAUTIFUL!! I absolutely LOVE THEM, thank you so very much!! I usually don't indulge by spending money on myself or buying myself things that make me feel like me or make me a part of who I am so needless to say the choice I made to purchase your curtains was a long thought out decision which I am so Happy I made, because all of your curtains have individuality it makes them even more special to me, each curtain was definitely worth it!! They will look beautiful in my living room.

Again thank you so very much!!

Tip for consumers: The seller was very attentive and answered my emails quickly and the product was shipped very quickly so I would definitely recommend this website and seller.

lindag456
8/3/18

Every experience I have had on the site has been a positive one. I highly recommend them! There is quite a selection in every category imaginable. Sellers ship quickly. I personally enjoy checking out their vintage items.

fredl100
8/2/18

I purchase a item on bonanza,
Two hours later I receive a notice that the seller was not longer a member but they did take my money. I try to recollect my money from bonanza but they denied long story short is a complete b?$sh$?
Please spread the word...

sherryg68
8/1/18

I bought a beautiful oriental Eva rug from Bonanza. It shipped from India very quickly and arrived very well packaged. The colors are beautiful and it is a thick plush gorgeous rug. A friend of mine told me that she had a great experience buying a rug from Bonanza so I decided to do the same. The quality is wonderful and I am very, very please with my purchase. I would most definitely buy from Bonanza again!!!

sebastiand25
8/1/18

Bonanza is a great easy website to purchase items on! I had no problems while making my purchase. I was able to review my order and was assured fast delivery!

traciw27
7/27/18

I was able to purchase an edible image for my daughter's Sweet 16 that was just like a store bought cake image. The seller was amazing and my whole experience on Bonanza.com was above and beyond my expectations!! I think they are better than all other competitors and I've shopped with them all. I'm now sticking with Bonanza.com only!

maries120
7/26/18

Purchased a 25th Anniversary Disney collectible DVD from bonanza. Their price beat Amazon by $5. Cannot say much more since it was shipped to my daughter, yet she had no complaints!

bartm39
7/24/18

I've been on Bonanza for 5 years now and I have not sold a single item. Some may chalk it up to bad luck, but I am a top rated seller on another site. There is simply no action here. Have you read any of the so called success stories on Bonanza? If you read one of them be sure to check the feedback of the person writing the story. I have not seen one of these stories where the person sold more than a few items on this site, and it took years to do it. That doesn't sound like success to me.

rebeccaa127
7/24/18

IT WAS EASY SHOPPING ON YOUR SITE,VERY SECURE TO USE YOUR CREDIT CARD AND THE SELLER WAS DEFINITELY SELLING GOOD QUALITY PRODUCTS..

larrys367
7/22/18

This is a beautiful piece of stained glass box art. It shines light red when the sun hits it. It's so beautiful, I have it displayed with my ruby red water ford crystal.

christopherw216
7/15/18

I am the owner of the Sorcerer's Cellar, a site that closed down two years ago on Bonanza. A cyber thief had spoofed the entire site, listed mine as his to trade upon my business name, reputation, copyright, identity, products, services, testimonials and my "about the owner" down to the last comma. Bonanza was notified repeatedly by myself and many loyal clients about the fraud. Even so, they refused to remove the cyber-criminal despite the fact they owe this legal due diligence to protect the public when known criminal fraud is involved. They had all the past information stolen by the criminal, so this was a blatant act of complicity with the criminal who was posing as myself, trading upon my expertise, my company name, my products, my copyrighted and trademarked SC logo.Being on eBay has always proven safer than some grey market site that says it cares about its customers and sellers while blatantly proving the exact opposite. Which site do you think will be easier to hack, Bonanza or eBay? Common sense will tell you the tinker toy site will be. It took weeks of my clients threatening Bonanza to remove the outrageous hacker who also used my identity. Stay will eBay, it's a far safer, more professional and a far more ethical site DO NOT PURCHASE FROM SITES SUCH AS BONANZA THAT ENCOURAGE, AID OR ALLOW CYBER CRIME AND IDENTITY THEFT.

stang46
7/12/18

When we run out the chips we bought through Bonanza I'll be ordering again. I bought potato chips we used to love to eat when we visited Spain. They're unavailable in the U.S. I found Bonanza by accident. It was definitely a happy accident.

lindsayc72
7/12/18

I purchased a Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Goshiki'- Tea Olive/ Variegated Holly Leaf plant. It came very well packed and looked even better than its picture! I would definitely deal with this vendor again!

mikew501
7/10/18

Don't get sucked in by what seem to be great deals, especially on big ticket items. You're taking a huge chance that nothing will go wrong. If you think this is Amazon, where corporate power can be leveraged to make things right, or the marketplace will do the right thing for their customer... YOU'RE WRONG!

Long story short. I purchased a chair in Mid Feb. It wasn't up to snuff. I tried to contact the seller through Bonanza, NO DICE. Bonanza directed me to contact PayPal to leverage the seller to return the product. Seller never provided return shipping which I had to pay, all $260 of it. I got a refund for the product itself... eventually, but as of now (July) i"m still waiting on the seller to reimburse my $260 shipping cost to return a $360 chair. Just received an email from Bonanza, who's done nothing but deflect me to PayPal and my Credit card company to recover costs, which states my case is closed and they refuse or are unable to told the seller to their agreement to pay return shipping.

Cannot say how disappointed I am with their lack of customer service. They've washed their hands of any responsibility since EMAIL ONE!

maddya4
7/3/18

What in the hell is going on here? My grandma and i ordered a shirt from 'Left Lane Style' (a booth on the website that I am getting the shirt from.) It said it would arrive in 2-3 BUSINESS DAYS!!! IT'S BEEN PAST THAT. 3 days later, it says that it was in route... Just yesterday, July 2nd 2018 it says it shipped.... If the $#*! doesn't arrive, I better figure out a way to get my damn money back because this is ridiculous. Please do your research before buying from a website, plus the booth is only 2 states away from me... This website is not trust worthy..

SINCERELY... A pair of very unhappy customers..

te31
6/27/18

The vendor was very rude when I had to return an item. My credit card company helped me to receive my full refund,and understood especially since I had documentation of pictures and emails supporting my case. The website, Bonanza, couldn't help, since they are not the vendor. And for some odd reason, I couldn't post my negative review on their website, and Bonanza could not help.

lianen1
6/26/18

Timing was quicker than e CD expected for delivery, pricing of items were very cheap and you even get a written letter with your purchase! So cute!

rajs69
6/26/18

Great place for quality stuff, a lot at basement bargain prices. The shopping is easy, the checkout quick. I am a definite return customer going forward.

jordic5
6/26/18

I compared the prices on line and found Bonanza to have the best price available for the product i was searching for. I received it earlier than expected and was exactly what i purchased, no surprises LOL

christianaa3
6/23/18

I love it. Great quality and works super cool. I will be ordering more products again. Thank you Bonanza for this amazing product.

sondrap1
6/20/18
• Updated review

I continued to let my eBay items import over Bonanza over the last 5 years or so since started with Bonanza, I did try an next level store with 9%+ seller fees, I noticed no result changes. My google tags seem to be Ok...But I never see any tremendous changes in stats...So I surely would be skeptical to sign up to the $200+ store.
What I have recently discovered and in the process of doing, is making a transition to a personal website. Is a personal website the best way to go? Heck yes, it is! Why? because you keep all of your funds, you control every aspect of the business. No one charging you fees on shipping, percentage to sell, listing fees. Granted, these selling platforms need to make money, and it eliminates the need for you to manage all intricate details of the site. I get that, however. it is not as difficult as you may think...email me and I can tell you what I'm doing. Knowing how to secure the domain name is the first key thing. And you need to make sure you own it...Do not set up any domain with this selling platforms(bonanza, etc, crater and others) you may regret it in the end. But I can give you a guide on how to get going for a little of nothing at least the first 2 years. if you are short on the money. I will not charge for the information.. just don't want to go into here.

“Wow! this is an MAJOR! update to my prior review”
2/15/15
• Previous review

Wow! I thought I found good reviews until i stumbled on this site with updated reviews about Bonanza. The overall site appeared to be good..so I posted a few things...currently I am an Ebay seller..9yrs..looking to get away from the love hate relationship I have with them and the policies which try to control a seller and how he operates. Anyway! tried posting on Bonanza...could not post item descriptions as I needed for my product. The items I did post - no views at all...HMMM! I sent email for support.. No reply..Not one person to talk to .Been 5 days.That is crazy; if you are taking money at any %..for fees...you better talk to sellers.....I have removed my account...THE reviews here, very helpful.---I ordered 1 item Jan 2015..it arrived pronto...But I too will not take anymore chances.
UPDATE 9-7-2015
Ok. It is not Mid 2015 I decided to give Bonanza another try. Got all my listings posted..they even migrate all of my ebay listings and keep them up to date...WOW!
But a lot is still to be said about selling here....It has been 3 months.. I have no views. No sales and I do not think i am getting a minimal place in the search engine. Until I see how this works...I will not pay for any upgrade to advertisement until I see how the selling platform .. This is what they want from you. I see that. My booth shows I should be in google search, HMMM, I doubt it.
Now the ironic thing is here.. I started selling on Etsy.com as well...same product....Super awesome site. I am doing better there than Ebay and surely better than Bonanza. So at this point I still have nothing good to say. Nothing beats a failure but a try and i have surely TRIED!

Tip for consumers: Can't say to much for purchasing..But for selling standpoint..Hmmm..I don't think so..the support is a big issue here

Response from Kevin A., Bonanza Representative
Bonanza has an A rating with the Better Business Bureau and actively monitors and assists all inbound queries that are submitted via the Better Business Bureau. If you can please direct your inquiry via the BBB we will do everything we can to assist.

Helpful answer -2

Bonanza has an internal customer service department that can be contacted directly at support@bonanza.com, or you can click on the "Contact" link found on the footer of any page on Bonanza.com

By Kevin A., Bonanza Representative

No not fake but very little if any screening of their sellers. My recommendation is if you can find the item somewhere else do so.

By John Q.

ebay..I always get great customer service from ebay... as a seller. Bonanza provides no customer service; if you have an issue, they just keep sending the same "canned" response over and over....and I had one sale on Bonanza for which they charged me a 17% fee... then they took $25 more out of my bank account.... I have addressed both of these issues with Bonanza... Regarding the huge 17% fee... they sent me about seven (7) of the same "canned" response. I wanted a lesser % fee since their website claims they always charge the "lowest fee possible"... just one "canned" response after another... If they would have offered a more reasonable % fee in order to provide me with satisfactory customer service.. I would have been satisfied; but they did not.... after the seventh "canned" response... I closed my booth.... And NOW... EVEN WORSE... they took an additional $25.00 out of my bank account... and for what I have no idea. I called the phone number which was listed with the transaction on my bank account and of course got a recording. I left my information, and it has been four days.... and still no response. When you call ebay, you speak to a live person who works to solve your concerns.... I HATE BONANZA... and you would think that BONANZA would not want RIDICULOUSLY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS... but they do not care. I moved all my ebay items to Bonanza to see if it was a better experience than ebay... ebay's fees are 10%....and they have a much larger shopping audience... and they have real customer service people that you can talk to. Bonanza has a much smaller shopping audience, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL, and their goal appears to be to charge sellers the most enormous fees that they can get away with. I never get online to post negative reviews.... I generally get online to post about great customer service and great products.... I like to keep things on the POSITIVE... but this is just not possible with BONANZA....they are like a Phantom Selling Platform.... totally disgusted. I will be reporting BONANZA to the BBB and to the US Attorney General's Office. Very disappointing experience.

By Nancy C.

Sellers can create and offer coupons with zero limitations ("Sell on Bonanza > Edit booth options > Discounts & Coupons").

By Kevin A., Bonanza Representative

I have never seen any benefit to paying extra for advertising. Bonanza just doesnt do it like ebay does. Have you ever seen a Bonanza ad on TV? Nope. And therein lies the problem. Nobody will shop there if they havent heard of it. True many sellers are leaving ebay (or sadly being kicked off by the BS) but nearly everyone goes to Bonanza to SELL not to buy.

By Tina T.

I set up my account with Bonanza and their platform is pretty much the same as setting up an account with eBay, Etsy, Amazon, etc. What problems are you having?

By joyce r.

Bonanza sellers you can check if he or she has been active on his or her store it will show when the last ime he logged in it shows in his profile on the left top. check his feedback to see if anyone else has gave him feedback this month.he or she is busy or never checks his bonanza account daily like other normal active selllrs do. all sepends who is the seller and how long he been selling on bonanza. there are many drop shippers and china sellers and it takes about 2 to 4 weeks for any international shipping to get to the U.S.A. it has to go through customs before they release it to the post office.if no respond you should file a complaint with your credit card company or bank.

By William C.

By Kevin A., Bonanza Representative

I recommend that you don't use Bonanza. But since you have, contact Bonanza and give them a chance to rectify it. If they do not contact the Better Business Bureau in the state that Bonanza is register in and file a complaint. You will have to be persistent because it has been my experience that Bonanza doesn't care.

By Jesse P.

Bonanza is not more doggy then ebay lot of time i buy something on there and don't receive nothing if you buy with PayPal don't matter which site you buy from you get money back if not receive nothing. ..

By Frodo O.
Questions? Get answers from the Bonanza staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Bonanza