Review of Bonanza

Seattle, WA 98119, US
support@bonanza.com

johnb2586
5/20/19

Bought a Fitbit Versa pebble through Zoom Electronics -- thought I did. Took my money immediately. Kept telling me my item would be shipped. Nothing. Never happened.

If you buy something from these liars you will get what you deserve.....nothing. Like I did.

I started a case with Paypal, to get my money back.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi John B., we're sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Bonanza expects sellers to be responsible and communicative regarding buyers' orders, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and they will be glad to help!
bethc439
5/20/19

If it were possible to give Bonanza zero stars, I would. Over the one-year period of time I tried selling items using their platform, only three of the 62 items I "listed" sold, and the amount of attention required to correct the interpretation of their "system" regarding Ebay cross-posts was excessive to the point of being stupid. Prompts to open a web store/become a member and notifications that Google didn't "approve" a listing were also ridiculous. (News flash: Google doesn't have to "approve" a listing if it meets Bonanza policy guidelines and complies with federal and state laws.) The Bonanza system also misrepresents a seller's Ebay feedback rating as their own...Bonanza indicating on my "seller profile" that I had 468 positive feedback ratings made it look like I'd sold that many items on THEIR website, when in fact, the number was 3. The kicker though, was getting a "cease and desist" email stating that I was violating Sephora's intellectual property rights and committing trademark/copyright infringement by listing a Sephora brand item that stated it was...a Sephora brand item. Which is all it stated, which is part of accurate listing best practices (item, brand, condition, age, etc). I will NEVER use Bonanza again nor would I recommend it based on reliability/accuracy issues and the hassle it takes. The short version: Bonanza sucks...avoid it.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Beth C., thank you for reaching out. We pride ourselves on our seller friendly tools and policies designed to help entrepreneurs succeed, and we apologize that this has not been your experience so far!

Regarding your sales and cross-posting trouble, our support team would be happy to take a look at your booth and provide advice on ways to increase your sales, as well as fix any importer issues. You can contact them directly via email at support@bonanza.com.

Regarding your concern about items not being approved by Google Shopping, one of the optional services Bonanza provides is the ability to advertise your items outside the Bonanza marketplace, through 3rd party services like Google Shopping. In order to advertise your listings on Google Shopping, however, your listings do need to comply with Google's requirements. In cases where they do not, we notify you so that you can make the necessary changes to your listings. You are not required to advertise through Google Shopping, however, and if your change your advertising settings in your Bonanza account to the lower tier that does not include Google Shopping, you won't receive notifications of this type any longer.

– This page has helpful information about Bonanza's advertising options: https://www.bonanza.com/site_help/general/Use_bonanza_feed_partners_to_maximize_traffic_and_sales

– This page has Frequently Asked Questions about sending items to Google: https://www.bonanza.com/site_help/booths_setup/google_base_faq

Regarding your concern about your feedback on Bonanza, many sellers put in years of work and dedication offering great service to their customers on other marketplaces and we think that effort should count for something on Bonanza as well. Bonanza allows sellers to import their existing feedback on eBay in order to help build trust with buyers when they first start selling on Bonanza. This page contains more information: https://www.bonanza.com/site_help/general_selling/feedback_importer

Regarding the item you mentioned, many laws, regulations and policies, in a variety of jurisdictions, regulate the goods and services that may be bought and sold. Here is a list of some of the types of prohibited and restricted items the advertisement for sale of which is not permitted on Bonanza: https://www.bonanza.com/site_help/general_selling/prohibited_items

Again, please do feel free to contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com at any time if we can be of further assistance, Beth C.. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us, and thank you for being part of the Bonanza community.
zachl30
5/14/19

This was my first and last time buying from Bonanza. The product arrived late, quality of product was really bad. I tried to contact customer service to return it but I got no help. Only the prices are cheaper otherwise the products are not good at all.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Zach L, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. We understand how that would be frustrating! Bonanza.com is an online marketplace that connects buyers to transact directly with individual sellers. If you have not already contacted our customer support team directly, please send an email to the address support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel and will be glad to help.

If you have already tried sending an email to that address but did not receive a reply, please DM us here with your email address and we'll be glad to help sort this out and connect you with our support team. We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza!
helene54
5/7/19

Bonanza sells rare DVDs that are just like new.
The two I purchased (Little Lord Fauntleroy) are so much better then the one I purchased from a company in TX.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Helen E., thanks for your review. We're happy to hear that you are pleased with your DVD's. We appreciate your support of Bonanza!
danw319
5/7/19

While searching online for replacement bulbs for my RV I came across the bonanza.com website. I found exactly what I needed quickly at a fantastic price.
Placing my order was quick and easy and I received my order fast as well.
If I hadn't found the Bonanza site, I would have paid a lot more for the bulbs I needed.
I'm glad that Bonanza.com has so many great merchants to get what I need. They're my new go to for online shopping.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Dan W., thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that and look forward to seeing you on Bonanza again soon!
maryn210
4/30/19

Ordered product from Pinkeepromise 4/9/19.
Pinkeepromise stated the product was in stock! .
NO communication since.
4/30/19 after I contacted Pay Pal, then, Pinkeepromise stated they had been messaging me through "BONANZA", and product is now shipped 4/30/19.
I have no working account with BONANZA.
BONANZA is a company that I have "never" been able to log into and
BONANZA can't help me, unless, I can log in FIRST!
These 2 companies appear to be working together to "sell products", they don't have "in stock", on the day you purchase them.
Pinkeepromise or BONANZA has had my money now for 21 days,
w/o any shipping information!
Pinkeepromise now states, after I contacted Pay Pal:
they "Pinkeepromise" have been messaging with me through,
BONANZA, a company, I can't even log in to, change a password, email or
even get a " call " from, unless I "log in", FIRST!
(2 companies appear to be Scamming together) to sell products they don't have:
"IN STOCK" , the day, you purchase them!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Mary N., thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. We understand how that would be frustrating. Please send an email to our support team at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
hollyh184
4/20/19

Love Love this company. I accidentally came across this website one day and I haven't quit looking at it since. My first purchase was beyond my expectations. The items were gorgeous and extremely well made. Now I'm trying to find stuff to buy just so I can get excited when I come home and see the box sitting there lol.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Holly H., thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that and look forward to seeing you on Bonanza again soon!
kimc409
4/15/19

This company not only set up a fraudulent sale by Dowan dinnerware there was no tracking on sales or refunds. I was left to hunt down what happened to my order, why it was not refunded (or any notification) from Bonanza. It took me over 6 months to track down my own refund, that Dowan was never going to send. The product never left the warehouse and no one followed up with a refund or inquiry when I was seeking resolution. Why even have a company like Bonaza? Waist of time.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Kim C., thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. We understand how that would be frustrating. Bonanza expects sellers to be responsible and communicative regarding buyers' orders, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have not already done so, please send an email to our support team at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and they will be glad to help.

If you're already tried to contact our support team via external email but did not receive a reply, please DM us here with your email address. We'll be glad to help sort this out!
stevem42
4/12/19

Bonanza.com bills and thinks of itself as a serious competitor to eBay. What a joke!! No real help with any problem buying or selling. Their answer to any dispute is, take the problem to your credit card company. They are also deceptive. Back in 2017 I got sick and couldn't due any business on Bonanza. Early in the year I incurred a $4.90 bill for one of the only 3 items sold on Bonanza that year. When I didn't pay it on time they suspended my account and charged me an additional $25.00. Just recently I tried to buy something listed on Bonanza that I found on a Google search. I found out about my overdue bill. I tried to pay the bill to buy the item I wanted. Bonanza took my payment but still barred me from buying the item. Their support won't acknowledge my and allow me to buy the item.

Also as a seller you get little or no traffic to your "booth" unless you pay a higher commission to get higher placement with Google. And even after agreeing to the higher fees traffic still stinks. I've never sold more than 3 items in a calendar year on their site.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Steve M., thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear about the trouble! We understand how that would be frustrating. Did you already send an email to our support team's address, support@bonanza.com? They are best able to assist through that channel and they will be glad to help.

If you've already sent an email to that address but did not receive a reply, could you Direct Message us here with your email address? We'll be glad to connect you with our support team and help get this resolved.
rebeccal199
3/26/19

Ordered an item and quickly wanted to cancel because I wasn't finished shopping. I contacted the seller and they promptly cancelled the order and refunded my account. Unfortunately, their system didn't catch the cancellation and the item shipped out anyways. I contacted the seller and asked if they wanted me to return, they promptly responded stating that I can keep the item as a free gift. No other company has ever responded so very promptly like they did and treat me like a human being; we had actual conversations and were polite and considerate. I appreciate that, respect goes a long way on both sides. I will absolutely continue to shop through this website.
Thank you very much.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Rebecca L., thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that and look forward to seeing you on Bonanza again soon!
rickr291
3/25/19

They dont guarantee service. They told ME to work with seller, who didn't respond to email, and paypal, who said the item was delivered.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Rick R., we are sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. We see that you've already taken the right step by contacting our support team at support@bonanza.com, and our support team has recently replied. If you have additional questions at this time, please do let us know and our support team will be glad to continue assisting you!
rayr135
3/14/19

I recently P urchased a service manual cd from Zenonm booth for a Suzuki outboard. It was coming from Canada, but it took 2 weeks to get to me (about 250 miles). When the cd arrived is was obviously a scam as the cd was an old cd, it was cracked, and it had nothing recorded on it. When using the site you are forced to use PayPal which should have a red flag. Evidently Bonanza doesn't much care if their vendors are scammers or not.

I'll wait to see how bonanza responds, but I have no recourse thru PayPal, and I'm not expecting much help from Bonanza.

Stay away from this site!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Ray R., we are sorry to hear about the negative experience with your CD. We understand how that would be frustrating! We see that you've already taken the right step by contacting our support team at support@bonanza.com. If you have additional questions at this time, please do let us know and our support team will be glad to continue assisting you.
markt428
3/14/19

No item, no refund, no happy.
Order No 56883458
Sort it out . Stop saying you have no liability, you are not the seller but you took my money .
And still have it. I have nothing.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Mark T., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. We understand how that would be frustrating! Bonanza is a platform that connects buyers with individual sellers. Please contact our support team directly via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and they will be glad to help!
lionessl
3/9/19

I purchased a product from TranD21, who replied immediately that the "in stock" item would be shipped within 24 hours. A week later, still nothing. I reached out through the "help" button, and received a reply to file a claim through PayPal, whom does not deal with disputes. The company should be put out of business for fraudulent practices. Item was never sent and never received. Bonanza Promotes Theft!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Lioness L., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
paulm1092
3/5/19

I tried Bonanza for the very first time, and it will be the LAST TIME I EVER USE THEM. I ordered an item from a Chrome Deco Table and Chair Vendor. Instead of receiving an invoice, Bonanza sent me an email saying they would get back to me after making sure the vendor had enough inventory to ship to me(I ordered just ONE unit) and get back to me. Why would Bonanza allow a vendor to advertise his product if he didn't have inventory? Regardless, Bonanza never got back to me like they promised. So I contacted the vendor directly. He never responded. In the meantime days had gone by and I receive a $25 OFF offer from Bonanza on the same items that I was trying to purchase in the first place??? Explain that one to me??? Then I contact Bonanza again. They apologize and say they will contact the vendor directly. Nothing changes. So, I tell Bonanza enough is enough. I tried to get this vendor to sell me his product not, not twice but three different times and I never heard back from him. Bonanza says it's not their fault. Yes it is. They should do proper screening of vendors before they allow them to be included on their site and hold them accountable if they mistreat customers. I am not at all convinced that Bonanza even said squat to this terrible vendor. In reading other bad reviews, it appears Bonanza does little or no vetting of their vendors and that's a shame. I recommend that you DO NOT USE BONANZA!!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Paul M., we are sorry to hear that the seller was unresponsive to your offer. We understand how that would be frustrating! Rest assured that Bonanza expects sellers to be communicative and responsible regarding buyers' offers. We appreciated you contacting our support team directly about this issue so that our team can take appropriate action.
If there is any further assistance we can provide, please do not hesitate to contact our support team again at support@bonanza.com. We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza!
tracea3
3/4/19

Wouldn't recommend them! They are over priced and you pay a so much money on something that should work and doesn't! Just tell you to try a different video player because they won't return it if it's past 30day! Most people can't watch 7 series in 30days when you have a full time job! So unless you want to spend a $#*! ton of money on movies and don't care if it works I wouldn't recommend!! Not my first issue and definitely will be my last with this company!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Trace A., we're sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
jimmyb128
3/3/19

I CANNOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS FROM BUYERS BECAUSE CRIMINAL PAYPAL WILL NOT ACCEPT PAYMENTS. THEY JUST DECIDE ONE DAY THEY WON'T DO BUSINESS WITH YOU EVER AGAIN.
BONANZA DOESN'T CARE AND ONLY WORKS WITH CRIMINAL MONOPOLY PAYPAL.
THEY WILL NOW LOSE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Jimmy B., we are sorry to hear about the difficulty you've experienced with PayPal. We apologize that there is not another payment processor available for you to use on Bonanza at this time. Rest assured that we are working to offer alternative payment processors in the future. We hope this helps reassure you that we are always striving to make life easier for sellers. We appreciate your support of Bonanza!
divinag
3/2/19

I scoured the internet looking for a leopard/cheetah print fleece blanket jacket. My sister has one but it was given to her as a gift. I found a similar one on Amazon but it was unavailable and there was no date as to when it would be coming back. Well, I found it on Bonanza, through a seller, GoSherryGo, and had such a great experience. The transaction was smooth and the communication with the seller was super easy. My purchase came with bonus matching pair of super soft socks!!! I found this website to be very similar to Ebay because they sell all kinds of stuff!!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Divina G., we're happy to hear that! We appreciate your support of Bonanza!
alanj109
2/28/19

I recently discovered Bonanza.com to purchase my used DVD's and am very pleased with the service,price,shipping time and quality of everything I have purchased. Add it to your Favorites list and I'm sure you won't regret it!

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Alan J., we're happy to hear that. Thanks for shopping on Bonanza!
cautiousb1
2/22/19

I wanted to do something nice for my husband who has been struggling lately with physical and mental issues. He has always wanted a signed autograph of a particular player. When I bought it on the site for $500 and gave it to him he said that it just didn't look right. We brought it to an authentication place and they said it was a fake and that there is a lot of fakes on that site. I therefore contacted them to return the item stating only that it was not what my husband wanted. They blasted me with pages of legal documents and said that I cant return it. They will only return items that were torn during shipping. So basically I got scammed out of $500. Please don't let this happen to you.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Cautious B., so sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!
jeffs641
2/17/19

Our company thought we are trying out this marketplace and listed all of our products we sell. These are more than 10,000 items.
We have the Gold membership for $40 per month with Google Shopping ads.
After two ,months, we only sold 6 products.
Many listings have images disappeared, half of the brand we offer cannot be found when using the search function, inventory cannot be set to zero, because Bonanza does not allow to have a zero inventory, and many more bugs/issues.
We contacted the support several times with these problems, but they just ignore you by not responding at all.
We are removing all of our listings and closing our account. Not worth the time because you lose more money in the long run, considering all the time involved.

daveb551
2/10/19

After searching the web for things I stumbled on Bonanza and was really pleased. I found a seller who I was able to contact and ask questions. I made 2 awesome deals with a Bonanza seller for a couple of out of date products. I have not had any problems to report yet. I think I like Bonanza better than ebay.

Tip for consumers: I would give the same advice for any online selling/shopping site. Becareful about your purchases and use paypal.

wendym263
2/2/19

I purchased a one of a kind piece that is clearly worth far more than I paid for it. When it arrived I was so surprised by the beauty of it. I am more than extatic about purchasing here again. Highly recommended.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Wendy M., thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that :) We appreciate you shopping on Bonanza!
jaradr2
1/31/19

They allow pos sellers on their site who don't follow up with emails and they don't send out the product. I waited over a week for the paypal to be accepted and it wasn't, so I cancelled. This is low level stuff. Id stay away from this site.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Jarad R., sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. We understand how that would be frustrating! Bonanza expects sellers to be communicative and responsible regarding buyers' orders, so we appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

We hope that you might try shopping with a different seller on Bonanza in the future. If we can be of further assistance at this time, please email our support team at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel and will be glad to help!
lisaa395
lisa a.
1/23/19

Terrible customer service they dont help resolve any issues and they allow any scamer seller on there site STAY AWAY WORST EXPERIENCE AND HASSLE NOW TO GET MY MONEY BACK.

Response from Brian L., Bonanza Representative
Hi Lisa A., we're sorry to hear about the trouble with your order. Please contact our support team via email at support@bonanza.com. They are best able to assist through that channel, and will be glad to help!

Bonanza has an internal customer service department that can be contacted directly at support@bonanza.com, or you can click on the "Contact" link found on the footer of any page on Bonanza.com

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

No not fake but very little if any screening of their sellers. My recommendation is if you can find the item somewhere else do so.

By John Q.

ebay..I always get great customer service from ebay... as a seller. Bonanza provides no customer service; if you have an issue, they just keep sending the same "canned" response over and over....and I had one sale on Bonanza for which they charged me a 17% fee... then they took $25 more out of my bank account.... I have addressed both of these issues with Bonanza... Regarding the huge 17% fee... they sent me about seven (7) of the same "canned" response. I wanted a lesser % fee since their website claims they always charge the "lowest fee possible"... just one "canned" response after another... If they would have offered a more reasonable % fee in order to provide me with satisfactory customer service.. I would have been satisfied; but they did not.... after the seventh "canned" response... I closed my booth.... And NOW... EVEN WORSE... they took an additional $25.00 out of my bank account... and for what I have no idea. I called the phone number which was listed with the transaction on my bank account and of course got a recording. I left my information, and it has been four days.... and still no response. When you call ebay, you speak to a live person who works to solve your concerns.... I HATE BONANZA... and you would think that BONANZA would not want RIDICULOUSLY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS... but they do not care. I moved all my ebay items to Bonanza to see if it was a better experience than ebay... ebay's fees are 10%....and they have a much larger shopping audience... and they have real customer service people that you can talk to. Bonanza has a much smaller shopping audience, NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL, and their goal appears to be to charge sellers the most enormous fees that they can get away with. I never get online to post negative reviews.... I generally get online to post about great customer service and great products.... I like to keep things on the POSITIVE... but this is just not possible with BONANZA....they are like a Phantom Selling Platform.... totally disgusted. I will be reporting BONANZA to the BBB and to the US Attorney General's Office. Very disappointing experience.

By Nancy C.

Sellers can create and offer coupons with zero limitations ("Sell on Bonanza > Edit booth options > Discounts & Coupons").

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

I have never seen any benefit to paying extra for advertising. Bonanza just doesnt do it like ebay does. Have you ever seen a Bonanza ad on TV? Nope. And therein lies the problem. Nobody will shop there if they havent heard of it. True many sellers are leaving ebay (or sadly being kicked off by the BS) but nearly everyone goes to Bonanza to SELL not to buy.

By Tina T.

I set up my account with Bonanza and their platform is pretty much the same as setting up an account with eBay, Etsy, Amazon, etc. What problems are you having?

By joyce r.

Bonanza sellers you can check if he or she has been active on his or her store it will show when the last ime he logged in it shows in his profile on the left top. check his feedback to see if anyone else has gave him feedback this month.he or she is busy or never checks his bonanza account daily like other normal active selllrs do. all sepends who is the seller and how long he been selling on bonanza. there are many drop shippers and china sellers and it takes about 2 to 4 weeks for any international shipping to get to the U.S.A. it has to go through customs before they release it to the post office.if no respond you should file a complaint with your credit card company or bank.

By William C.

By Brian L., Bonanza Representative

I recommend that you don't use Bonanza. But since you have, contact Bonanza and give them a chance to rectify it. If they do not contact the Better Business Bureau in the state that Bonanza is register in and file a complaint. You will have to be persistent because it has been my experience that Bonanza doesn't care.

By Jesse P.

Bonanza is not more doggy then ebay lot of time i buy something on there and don't receive nothing if you buy with PayPal don't matter which site you buy from you get money back if not receive nothing. ..

By Frodo O.
Questions? Get answers from the Bonanza staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Bonanza