Bidz

Bidz has a consumer rating of 2.17 stars from 230 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Bidz also ranks 39th among Discount Jewelry sites. The most common issues with Bidz are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• The first time I ordered from Totsy, I was a little disappointed at the time my order took to be delivered.
  • I've ordered at least 5 times from this site already and each time I have received the product I ordered.

• I called customer service and of course was put on hold --
  • I have twice applied my $30 credit to an order only to be charged full price.
How would you rate Bidz?

“Simply good”

William J.
5/22/18

Yesterday I have received my thirth order from bidz. Two of them came with delay but I wasn't surprised about that I am ordering many thing from e-shops and delivery delays occurs quite often. But products I have ordered from bidz didn't disappoint me. They were delivered in perfect condition. All Items that I have purchases are from their sales I have tried to win products from auctions but it took too much time for me also in my opinion prices on sales are sometimes even lower than on auctions.

“Watches”

ANDREW H.
3/4/20

Must now be the number one scam site. Take your money and send nothing. Standard excuse "supplier on holidays" DO NOT USE.

customer service (54) order (130) credit card (18) items (77) 2 weeks (10) 3 weeks (8) 4 weeks (8) 6 weeks (6) totsy (44) ship date (4) refund (56) company (50)
andrewh598
March 4th, 2020
estreyyab
January 10th, 2019
It is so pity that I didn't find this reviews before I made order on Bidz.com. The same problem. They don't send my items and don't answer my mails. Thieves! Don't do any purchase and please keep your money away from them!
mt201
September 26th, 2018
Used to order from them a few years back before they went under, then reopened. Never had an issue years ago. Items was shipped within 2 days, now it takes a month or more, you can't reach customer service its always a voicemail that you can't leave a message on and they take weeks to respond back to emails. NOT COOL! Playing with people's money. When you get a response back it's always so for the delay will be shipping soon. The vendor is at jewelry shows! WTF is it online if it can't be provided!
davidj207
June 30th, 2016
Just took delivery of our latest Bidz purchase. We previously purchased items when the site seemed more reputable and we were happy. However for our most recent purchase, the box was crushed beyond recognition. The bracket was supposed to be valued at $700 but it looks more like something you'd get out of a fancy gum ball machine. That's the last time they get any of my money.
Bidz A. – Bidz Rep
Hello David,

We're sorry that you last experience with Bidz was not what you experienced and are reaching out to provide some insight and hopefully you give us another opportunity once equipped with this information. The "price" or the number that is crossed out atop every item/auction is actually the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price or MSRP and does not reflect the actual value of the item, it is merely the price that the manufacturer would ideally want to charge for any given piece. We use this number as a contrast to reflect the value of our products. Also, we do have a 14 day return policy on all of our items unless otherwise noted so you could have reached out and gotten your money back if any item you ordered was not to your standards.

We sincerely hope you give Bidz.com another shot and we're always available either by email or on the phone should you have any questions comments or concerns.

Kind regards,
Bidz.com
aleksandro3
March 26th, 2018
For half year (from beginning of October 2017) and up to present time (end of March 2018) this scams do not return my money ($2,179.80) for non-existent goods in their stock.
Customer Service impossible to reach -- not with published in internet phone or email.
Never trust this company and never purchase from them any thing!
Bidz not deserved even 1 star.
How come 5 stars for this type of service you can imagine...
charc13
April 3rd, 2018
I wrote a review a couple weeks ago and gave 1 star. After paying for my items in March and still not receiving them a month later, I got an email from someone named Grin from Bidz. Make a long story short, he said they had new vendors and could ship different items or maybe the same. They couldn't give me a refund, which I was really upset about, so I asked him to credit my Bidz account for what I had paid. He did that the same day, so I went to auction and found the exact same watch I had ordered before and won the bid. It was like 10 bucks cheaper and says will ship in 5-7 days. We will see. The same day, which was yesterday 4/18/18, I also made an offer on a pair of sunglasses, it was accepted and it actually shipped out today according to tracking number. Maybe they are trying to do better. I guess we will see. I hope so. Do better Bidz because I have loved your site for almost 10 years.
jenniferz26
March 8th, 2017
I was a buyer on Bidz when they first came online. I bought a number of very nice things at reasonable prices, sometimes total steals! BUT Then I bought a diamond watch for myself. The description was for 7 carats of diamonds. I paid $700 for it but that is not bad at all for 7 carats. When the watch arrived I could see immediately there wasn't 7 carats. I had it appraised at. 70 carats Less than a whole carat! It is a beautiful watch but it certainly is not worth $700.
Buy low ticket items sure, but not high dollar items.
Bidz A. – Bidz Rep
Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your purchase with Bidz.com.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Bidz would like to know more about the issue to better assist you. Feel free to contact us at customerservice@bidz.com with your order details. Based on your description of the issue it is unlikely that a watch would have seven carats of diamonds, as that would be too much for any watch design.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Bidz.com
duaas1
January 10th, 2019
I ordered two months ago but i haven't received my stuff and they don't respond to my emails. It is A SCAM WEBSITE. WATCH OUT.
adrianal
February 14th, 2014
The coupons are not what they are supposed to be. Even when a coupon is valid, there may be some hidden restrictions you won't be aware of if you just register the coupon through their "Manage Coupons" option. You would expect once you did that, all possible restrictions would be listed in the "Terms and Conditions" link for that coupon... And you would be wrong! (at least, sometimes). I tried using a coupon that by all research, had not any special restrictions. Again, WRONG! It seems to only apply to watches, though no such restriction was listed anywhere! So, before you count on a coupon, send them an email requesting full disclosure. Yeah, I know, you should have not do that, but this is their crappy operation.
williamj223
May 22nd, 2018
karold6
February 27th, 2019
I have been waiting for 2 rings I bought for weeks now. They respond (when they respond, which is not always the case) to the emails saying: "Please accept our sincere apologies due to delay, but please trust us as we are doing our best in order to get your order shipped asap". I have written over 10 emails about the same issue and I always get a similar answer. When I asked them to refund for my purchases, they said they can't anymore. I had bought from them a few years ago and had no issues but I think now it is a completely different company specializing in ripping people off. Don't buy from them :(
thadp
March 24th, 2012
They Got Me To The Site With A Coupon Code That Didn't Work. I Tried It Several Times. When I Contacted Customer Service They Sent Me An Irrelevant Email That Had No Bearing On The Issue. The Auctions On This Site Are Shady Anyway. They Are Running A Reserve Scam In Which You Think You Get A Reasonable Deal, Then You Find Out The Reserve Was Not Met And Are Inundated With Offers For The Item You "Won" At Retail Prices.
debg1
August 22nd, 2012
I'm done with Totsy. This is the second time that after waiting for 4 weeks to get items they casually send me a note indicating the item is no longer available. I purchased two complementary items this last time and now I only have half of the gift. Great. One would think they can tell you that right away. I'm done. It's too bad as they have nice, cute stuff.
mm138
August 3rd, 2015
I used to buy from bids.com and buy.com a lot, but since they were out of business and back, their closing bids got so high, can't seem to win anything again. I don't know if ito new owners now but before was better, had more varieties at first too
jennav3
July 18th, 2015
I'll share my experience...
I have ordered and received one ring from bidz.com. I waited nearly 2 months for this product. This was over a year ago. In MY opinion the product looks good and legit.
I am currently waiting on another item from Bidz.com right now with their "new" site. I hope it actually is shipped and received in a timely matter. I have just learned that my credit card has been charge more than what I agreed to pay prior to entering my credit card information for this recent order. (agreed to pay for all the tax, bidding fee, S&H etc. But have still been charged more than the added total)
I am currently waiting on a response from a representative...
Anyways. Once I receive my new ring I am going to have them tested at my local goldsmith for authenticity of the gold rings, and the results will determine whether I use bidz.com again or not. The results of the gold test and opinion from the goldsmith will be my real conclusion. I am not really impressed so far though due to the fact that my credit card has been charged extra without permission, this is an extremely crooked act. I need explanation to determine whether I use them again, and tell my friends and family about them too. I will definitely use a pre-paid credit card if I ever use them again. Use with Caution. (I was charged about 40 extra dollars if you; re wondering.)
reneed7
April 24th, 2014
II have made several orders on Bidz.com. 90% of what I have ordered was what I expected or better. Did receive a few pieces I was disappointed in. My last order though which has been paid for is now 6 weeks later and I have not received the items ordered. When you question when it will ship you get a 'canned' answer. I just told them that if my items were not going to be shipped immediately to cancel my order, credit my credit card and I will not be ordering from them again as well as I would voice my opinion of this problem.
ohd
January 16th, 2013
I think this site is awful! The prices are cheap but clearly they need to bump them up to get better customer service. I placed an order in December for some boots. They ended up charging me DOUBLE the amount and bouncing my account which I had to pay an additional charge for... even though it was their fault. It took me DAYS to get a hold of them over this and they pretty much told me there is nothing they can do but give me the extra money they charged back. It's now 1/17/13 and I still have not got the boots. First they put the wrong address on them and they got shipped to another customer, returned and now that they are here my carrier won't deliver the dumb things without a signature... I do have a job so I don't really have time for this so they are pretty much on the verge of being sent back to them. I'm about fed up! This site is ridiculous and I've spend so much time, energy and money over something I could care less about. Screw you Totsy!
deniseg11
January 24th, 2013
Ok so I have bid and won on this site... Great right? Although I got the items fine and they seemed worth the winning bid; the shipping was crazy. I paid the same or more in shipping then I did for the items. I would say unless you are going to get the items cheap amd buy alot of them to markup and resell the shipping doesnt make it worth it.
brianp258
May 17th, 2018
I love the process of bidding itself. Value is okay and it corresponds with the quality. Bidz.com gives an exciting purchase. Just fell when to stop with the bidding. Goods are very beautiful, indeed. Also I havent had any complaints about time od delivery and packaging.
katherinel81
August 31st, 2018
I'm a regular customer of this company for several years now. Delivery time of goods is quite long. However, I like the quality and price of the goods.
sandic13
May 14th, 2018
I have been a customer of Bidz for over 15 years and love them. But now their shipping is getting too expensive. It used to be a small charge per item and now it is a basic amount. TOO EXPENSIVE when you are only paying a few dollars per item.
kayleeb7
May 2nd, 2018
I have purchased many things from bidz. Of course had some issues time by time. But I have received all items I ordered. Last purchase two weeks ago and it's already delivered. I am satisfied with bidz service.
jamesp689
September 22nd, 2018
The best jewelry e-shop. There is a huge assortiment here. I always find something beautiful for affordable price. I'm satisfied with the quality of items. Good luck to you Bidz!
tonyn82
June 19th, 2018
Following on from a bad review about none receipt of goods and poor customer service; i did eventually get a credit about 14mths later. Re-bid on the same and another product. The other product was despatched after complaining but the original has never been received and now there website is not contactable.

I understand this has happened before... so I say never use any bidz / buys related site.
johannal
May 10th, 2012
I see many of the reviewers call this a penny auction site, this site is not a penny auction site.

The quality for the some of the products is very good while some of the products is a complete waste of time and money. Watch out for odd brand items. I purchased many items after winning the high bid. Shipping was expensive but delivery was fast and on time. Several large items I purchased were broke, we didn't realize this until after these items were opened at Christmas time. Quality was not there and not as advertised.

I will most likely use the site again for jewelry and art prints (quality was wonderful) I will not use this for anything else again.

I bought several items from this company only to find out later that the items I bought were fake. The gold content on some rings I bought was ok but the stones were fake, not diamonds as stated. I brought a Grandmaster watch to my jewellers who confirmed this was a fake too. Very disappointed and would not recommend this site anymore having done so for a while to others.

By David P.
See more answers (4)

Thank you for the question. Bidz.com specializes in jewelry auctions. However, we do occasionally have auctions for accessories like sunglasses, cuff links etc. Please let us know if you have any questions.

See more answers (2)

Thank you for your question. The retail price is set by the manufacturer of the item.

See more answers (2)

Just wait for it to expire, I seen it, I let it be.

By aloha q.

99% of comments on other people are saying they high rocket their price about over 60%, I'm concerning about my items that I've won too.

By aloha q.

Yes. Please contact customer service for assistance with cancellation. Ph#866-545-9871 or customerservice@bidz.com

By Bidz A.,

That is a great question! The pictures on the website are magnified, so customer can see every single detail on the item. In terms of item actual size, we do provide detailed description with every item - that includes measurements of the piece.

By Bidz A.,

Dear Customer, We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to assist you please contact customer service with your order number at customerservice@bidz.com or PH#866-545-9871.

By Bidz A.,

A: Thank you for the question. Bidz.com do not keep credit card details on file. You would need to enter your card details every time making a purchase. Please let us know if you have any questions.

By Bidz A.,

Thank you for the question. Shipping timeframe depends on a shipping method selected at the checkout. Tracking number is uploaded to your order history once the merchandise is received from the vendor and picked up by the shipping carrier. Please provide your order number at customerservice@bidz.com and we will be more than happy to track it for you and provide an update on your purchase.

By Bidz A.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Bidz staff and other customers.

Bidz.com is the largest business to consumer auction website specializing in jewelry, watches, and other brand name items.

The company offers a large assortment of diamond, gemstone and branded jewelry, branded watches and designer accessories.

Bidz A.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bidz?

Have a question about Bidz?