BestBuy.ca

BestBuy.ca has a consumer rating of 2.4 stars from 47 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. BestBuy.ca also ranks 161st among Electronics sites. The most common issues with BestBuy.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• They accepted my gift card and I got my item the VERY next day.

• Called the customer service line and was told they were out of stock and so they cancelled my order.
  • Future Shop, one of the biggest scams I have seen.
How would you rate BestBuy.ca?

“Multiple orders, multiple successes”

Heather L.
9/27/18

I've ordered many things ranging from usb sticks to board games to a television & a stereo from Bestbuy.ca. Even when I ordered on boxing day my items arrived quickly and in great shape. I've always gotten exactly what I've ordered, and I find this to be a completely reliable site to order online from. Please note this only applies to the items sold by Best Buy specifically online.

“Sold defective product; could care less atoductg”

Mike P.
12/21/19

I bought a set of expensive wireless Jabra earbuds from the Bestbuy,ca website; sold by them and sourced by them. The earbuds advertise a one-year overall guarantee and if I sign up on line, another three years. I ordered the on the Bestbuy website and paid for them and picked them up in-store. I had asked the clerk in the store if they were a good product and she said they never had had any complaints or returns. When I returned the defective buds with the receipt to the same store 4 months later, they would not take them back for exchange and told me I should have bought another (third)warranty for 65 dollars at the time I picked them up at the store. They were indifferent to the fact the 4 month old 300 dollar earbuds stopped working 4 months after purchaser and said I could look up the manufacturer if I wanted an ask them. I have yet to be able to talk to anyone at the manufacturer.

customer service (18) future shop (4) gift card (5) order (20)
charlies169
February 22nd, 2020
I needed a technician to set up a complex entertainment system for me - voice control, streaming from my cell phone and other advanced setups. I sent a email to Geek Squad and never received a reply. A week later I went to one of the stores, talked to a technician. He said he would pass it to a consultant and call me back. I waited for another week and they never called back. If they feel that they do not want to offer this service all they have to do is say so, and the customer won't be waiting and waste 2 weeks' time. A papa & mama corner store can do better.
sd658
December 24th, 2019
I bought an iPhone 7 through "Electronics Canada" (Montreal) and, after returning to the company after five days when the phone wouldn't charge, I was told the phone had "water damage" and wouldn't be covered under their warranty. So far NO response or support from Best Buy even though this is one of their "Marketplace" vendors. Total scam!

Tip for consumers: Don't go near Electronics Canada or any other Best Buy third party vendor

jd642
November 26th, 2019
Best Buy used to be good. I purchased a Product from their discount bin and it doesn't work. I am not upset about that. I posted my truthful review and discovered that Best Buy filters, and does not post low grading reviews on their site. That's sketchy, greasy, and low. That shows they only want to make money and do not care about the consumer.
Now I am just going to purchase items from Amazon or Costco. I feel this company is going to crash and burn like their sister company 'Future Shop'
daveh386
October 22nd, 2019
For steelbooks, always short stock and in most cases if you don't pre order good luck getting any... Go to BestBuy.com more selection and never out of stock !! But of course they stop you at all ends from purchasing anything from the US store !?!
juliel331
June 7th, 2019
They Don't honor their warranty. I purchased a 3yr extra for 29.99 on a fitbit. It broke .. I tried to exchange it .. Best buy said i need to go online to do it. I did they sent me a E giftcard for the amount of the fitbit. I purchased the same one online. My existing warranty went until mid 2020. They said it now longer counts its a "new product" and you need to purchase a NEW WARRANTY...
So don't waste your money at BEST BUY getting a WARRANTY they don't even honor.
Why buy 3yrs? You don't get covered for the 3yrs?
jacquelineb138
July 23rd, 2019
I ordered a phone charging case through the Best Buy Canada website. I received a cheaper substitute but I paid for the better item. Packaging said it came from Amazon which confused me until I did a little more digging & realized this was common with this vendor. I've tried to reach customer service directly but so far no reply.
harrya80
February 19th, 2019
Stay away from geek squad. Customer service rude incompetent and ignorant. Will never use again. STAY AWAY.
lenkaa1
March 14th, 2019
BBcustomer service is only good for wasting your time!Should be called Worst buy! Review regarding case# 01837270
bradt49
July 26th, 2018
I ordered a laptop for my daughters birthday. It was to be delivered to me by Friday July 27th. I checked the status of the order today July 26th and the order was cancelled. Did not say why and they did not notify me that the order was cancelled. Called the customer service line and was told they were out of stock and so they cancelled my order. Well thank you Best Buy for that now I have to find another lap top in 2 days before her Birthday. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN.
heatherl141
September 27th, 2018
angiem96
August 17th, 2018
Didn't took the time to listen to my concerns after the stove I purchased was leaking gas. He quickly shoved mw off to someone else by the name of Ricky Ramgobin, very kind, he took the time to listen to my concerns and resolve the problem "Rick should be the manager:
rachelc159
March 11th, 2018
Recently they do 40% extra discount on luggage and bag sections! I bought a luggage set (27" and 21.5") for only $90 and Tumi tote bag for only $43. Shipping was free because of $35+ purchase. Plus, the shipping was pretty quick and I got my orders within a week.
tishl2
November 24th, 2017
I have bought numerous items from Best Buy and the items always arrive on time. If we need to return something then we take it to the nearest store which is more convenient than posting the item
lanak6
July 13th, 2017
Wide selection at good prices... I just recently found out that the price tags are not fixed... you can actually bargain the price with the sales reps
benl80
April 1st, 2017
I am very impressed with the quality of their laptop. The price is decent, and the service is great. Highly recommend.
kimc165
April 8th, 2017
I went on best buy website to see if I can get a western digital box and they did have any so I got my western hard drive from them and my ruko 2 from them and I enjoy it
liudmilan
October 4th, 2016
Best Buy is a good store! If you are going to buy appliances you have to do a research first. If you find a good one check the price with Best Buy the much the price + you get 10% off of the difference. If you buy 2 or more appliances you get 10% off on the package.
mylesc26
July 12th, 2016
I went into the Markville location looking for a gaming console bundle that was on sale, I tried a lot of other stores but the service at best buy was by far the best; even they did not have the console in stock they called the Scarborough location and put it on hold for me!!! They even gave me half of my controller when I bought their protection plan! World class service!
askarr
May 27th, 2016
I order from BB quite frequently and never had any issues with them. The few times I had a problem with a product, I brought it in store and got it resolved. Only complaint would be that the functionality to change the payment type on an already placed order seems to be broken. I had a paid for a preorder of a game with my Paypal account, which had a credit card that was canceled, and the only way to change the payment type was to call up Best Buy.
laharld
February 22nd, 2016
Their website is horrible, lots of glitches and slow.
danb140
March 22nd, 2016
All the way from customer service to shipping they are a horrible company to deal with! I've been successfully avoiding them for a while now.
martink42
November 13th, 2015
This store is very convenient. Free shipping over $25, orders generally processed next business day. Price protection is nice as well. Ordered a camera and next week it went on sale for $20 cheaper. Contacted customer service and they refunded the $20. Overall a positive experience shopping at bestbuy.
samanthal25
June 24th, 2015
BestBuy.ca is excellent! They accepted my gift card and I got my item the VERY next day. Also, the mailman knocked on my door and hand-delivered it to me! Couldnt be more impressed. Would order from them again.
kaylas11
August 30th, 2014
Don't try and shop with a gift card. I was trying to check my card balance and it locked me out of the card. Then when I called customer service I got hung up on. Not impressed! If I didn't have a gift card I would never shop here. It's overpriced and the service is terrible.
briand42
November 21st, 2014
I find they offer a better price then Walmart, Future shop, and other retailers, when it comes to gaming and electronics. I always checkout BestBuy first and always save myself money, instead of walking next door to Walmart.

Questions? Get answers from the BestBuy.ca staff and other customers.

Get our Lowest Price Guarantee, online or in store, on a huge selection of laptops & tablets, TVs, headphones, video games, appliances and more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BestBuy.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Safari extension

2.4
Have a question about BestBuy.ca?