BestBuy CA

BestBuy CA has a consumer rating of 1.83 stars from 93 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about BestBuy CA most frequently mention customer service, geek squad and credit card problems. BestBuy CA ranks 268th among Electronics sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 2.9%

No positive highlights yet

• Unacceptable Customer Service from Best Buy... you've just lost a Customer of over 20 years!
How would you rate BestBuy CA?

“Bait and Switch”

Karen C.
6/29/20

Reserved washer and awaited email to tell me it's ready to pick up. Instead I got one saying they would have to have it shipped and not only delay but wanted 100$ more to get it to their store? Waited for 2 hours online for a customer service response and was told nothing they could do. Go to the store to see what they would do? Stay away

“If I could give ZERO, I would”

Elizabeth D.
2/8/21

They've had my money for a laptop since Jan 4 2021. I still have no computer and it's Feb 8. Apparently, according to "tracking" my computer arrived in my city on Jan 6. Tried to escalate my request to a "case worker" and have heard nothing in 2 weeks. This is the worst customer service I've ever had. RUN, don't walk from buying from Best Buy Canada. They are the literal worst.

customer service (25)
elizabethd961
February 8th, 2021
Verified purchase

vh49
April 1st, 2020

They will be quick to take your money and slow to ship. They will not give you any other information than "in progress". The guy in the chat system doesn't know anything. "Just wait for an update" he says. Oh! I didn't think about that. What are you paid for? To think I cancelled my pre-order from amazon to get that kind of treatment. What a disappointment.
I will never buy from them again. I suggest you do the same.

jeffb1487
May 15th, 2021

They have some archaic system to approve credit cards; Maybe even an outside 3rd party, not sure... Anyway, payment fails without any notice (email or text). You only find out when product does not arrive. If you log into your account you see "In Progress", even though it is not. You have to call, find out what the problem is, fix it, then wait 24 hours to see if it really did fix the problem.
My approval would not go through. I called them about 8 times, used a new card, updated details about 3 times. Order never did get approved, they were never able to fix it. Ended up placing the order on Bed Bath and Beyond (for a Dyson v10 vacuum) (with the same credit card, no problems). Totally frustrating. Will NEVER buy anything from that site again.

Order elsewhere

None. Order never arrived

christyb128
April 24th, 2020

I would be embarrassed if I were you having any dealings with roasted Canuck enterprise. They are a bunch of scam artists. And because of my resent issues with being ripped off buy them, I have canceled my tv I had set aside with Best Buy to pick up today and will never deal with Best Buy again strictly because you allow them to affiliate themselves through you in whatever manner you do.

Absolutely disgusting.

benl80
April 1st, 2017

I am very impressed with the quality of their laptop. The price is decent, and the service is great. Highly recommend.

joannec531
April 10th, 2020

During this time during the Covid 19 out break... you have stores closed. You should be putting those staff handling phone calls and email enquires. I have not been able to get through on a phone line. There is also no where to send an e-mail. Worst service ever! The CEO of this company should be fired. I have a $7000. Order that I will be looking other places to fill.

gerryd60
January 30th, 2021

Would give zero stars if possible. Ordered my product over a month ago. Said product was shipped but it wasn't. Said they would re-ship it, which they didn't, finally got a refund. Wasted 6 weeks. Should have paid heed to all the other crappy reviews.

wendyh485
February 1st, 2021

Write a short, descriptive title for your review.
Your Review
We purchased this product for a rink. It arrived with a large hole in it. After waiting for several weeks for its delivery we decided to try to patch the hole and set up the rink for our son anyway. However it appears to leak EVERYWHERE. Cheap product.
Best Buy Canada will not take it back unless it is inserted into its original packaging and returned within 5 business days. When I explained we had tried to use it and it was now covered in half frozen, half slushy water that will take hours to try to remove, there was no sympathy for what their poor product had caused. We offered pictures as they show it was definitely a manufacturing tear. It appears the tarp had literally melted and sealed together during the packaging process.

Will not be shopping at Best Buy anytime soon.

Tip for consumers:
Everything must be shipped back within 5 days, in original packaging.

Western Rugged Tarp, 40x60 ft. white

chrisl1106
November 3rd, 2020

They shipped my package to the wrong address and would not assist in anyway of helping me retrieve it. They put blame on me even though their system auto populates the address once the postal code is added. My postal code was correct but they had a different street name. They then advised me to contact the police to have them investigate and track down the package. When talking with customer service the agent named Het laughed and advised that I could not speak with his supervisor and that it was my issue.

keishak19
February 22nd, 2021
Verified purchase

I will NEVER order from Best Buy again. Do yourself a favor and just order your products from Amazon or any reputable company - you will save yourself a million headaches.

I purchased 5 products from Best Buy and it was the worst experience of my life.

Every item you order is shipped through a different Best Buy store or another provider if they are refurbished. I ordered 3 directly from Best Buy and 2 refurbished (amazon delivered for 1 of my refurbished items and another company for the other). I order online as a guest and immediately made my account when promoted after check out because I know that it is easier to track your packages if you sign up.

Once I signed in I saw no proof of purchase, no order information, and no email confirmation for the purchase. I assumed my purchase went through given that my cart was now empty, but needed to contact the help desk to confirm that my order had even been placed. After contacting help desk I discovered my purchase would only be accessible under the guest check out after providing my order # and email (a small hassle but ok).

I was purchasing from Best Buy to use a reimbursement my company had put in place due to COVID and working from home, an ergonomic bonus.

I need an invoice/receipt/proof of purchase in order to put my claim through, "no problem" I thought.

Turns out Best Buy cannot provide one proof of purchase or one invoice and each separate item is shipped individually and on its own receipt.

I don't understand how Amazon can ship products from around the world and provide one invoice/receipt for a total cost of goods but Best Buy cannot.

I spoke with the help desk multiple times and was disconnected, ignored, and treated like an idiot for asking for a simple invoice of total goods purchased.

I don't care where it comes from or what the company is - you should be able to send me a receipt for my purchase - I should not have 5 separate receipts from one purchase.

I would highly recommend you go elsewhere. I will never purchase from Best Buy again.

ct350
December 16th, 2020

Per title - use amazon instead. Delivered wrong item - could not fix - customer service was not only unhelpful but required multiple calls to understand what they were doing.

mohsinm1
November 24th, 2019

BE VERY CAREFUL ONCE THEY PROVIDE YOU WITH COMPLIMENTARY INSTALLATION.
I bought a Sony 85 inches tv for $ 2999. 99 From hiway7/Weston store toronto. The salesman asked me that they could provide delivery, mount & installation for additional 100$ which I agreed. While making the invoice he played the trick to put service installation charges for a hefty amount of 320$. & discounted the tv price with same amount. Mounting was done but once after a week I went to return the tv they deduct 320$ for mounting which is hardly costing 100$ from any other source. Their logic is they would return tv charges but not service. This is incredible they deducted a hefty amount and made their profit. It's a good company but this way of making money is not ethical. My logic is while making the invoice I insisted to put tv value & don't break the invoice but they said you don't need to worry it's internal matter. Be careful & look at your invoice carefully once they provide you free installation. My confidence on this company totally gone

nataliak68
March 4th, 2021

When things go wrong Best Buy doesn't want to take responsibility for the horrendous service that some of the marketplace companies provide using their website. They ask that you deal with those companies directly and make excuses.

Tip for consumers:
Don't buy from marketplace companies on BestBuy.ca

craigp259
November 12th, 2020

Pre-ordered X-Box series S and a PS5. As of Nov 12 (Release day!) the PS5 is "Ready to Ship!" and there's been no update at all to the XBox.

Canada Post (Another ingredient for the ultimate S#! T Sandwich) says the PS5 will be here next week (suuuure, I've used CP before...).

I should have known better and waited. With CP delivering they'll probably be in stock before I get these... If they actually ship.

FU Best Buy

joelf125
March 16th, 2021

Unlike most people who post complaints here against Best Buy or Geek Squad, not only am I sharing my own experience of their deceptive anti-consumer practices so as to warn other consumers, but more importantly, I'm also sharing several lesser-known but fairly effective steps you can take yourself to make your complaints known to Best Buy, assuming you have genuine complaints.

I purchased a highly-recommended laptop from Best Buy in Toronto in January 2020. Starting in December 2020, and still within the warranty period, my laptop suffered 3 successive catastrophic failures in the span of 3 months – 2 of which required motherboard replacements. Each time I made clear to Best Buy and Geek Squad that I required a replacement laptop, since each fatal crash was causing severe disruption to my small business. Each time, I was assured by Best Buy and Geek Squad representatives that my repaired laptop was completely fine, and they refused to give me a replacement despite me having purchased a 4-year Geek Squad Protection Plan.

Can you imagine buying a new car, having the engine fail on you 3 times in 3 months to the point of needing replacement, and then being told dismissively that your car is fine and isn't a "lemon"? That's exactly how Geek Squad's Protection Plan works – completely fails you when you need it most.

If, like me, you think that Best Buy's conduct towards you, as a consumer, was just plain wrong, why not let them know they should be taking it seriously? Try these three approaches you may not have previously considered:
1. Email Mat Povse, Best Buy's Senior Vice President, Retail & Geek Squad Services, at *******@bestbuycanada.ca and *******@bestbuycanada.ca, and inform him personally of your issue.
2. Did you know it's illegal for any business in Ontario to give you false information about their products or services, including stating that a product is a certain quality when it isn't, or promising to deliver a service or product when they should know that's not possible? All of these things are illegal under Ontario's Consumer Protection Act, 2002. Look into your rights on the Consumer Protection Ontario FAQ website, and if you think Best Buy or Geek Squad haven't been honest with you, file a complaint with Ontario's Ministry of Government and Consumer Services at their online portal.
3. Depending on what you were told – specifically, if Best Buy or Geek Squad have made a false or misleading statement to you – that might be a deceptive marketing practice that is illegal under Canada's Competition Act. File a complaint with the Competition Bureau of Canada at their online portal.

Tip for consumers:
Refer to my review for consumer remedies against deceptive conduct by Best Buy and Geek Squad.

Laptop

jamesc2981
December 7th, 2020

I made the enormous mistake of trying to give Best Buy my business. I can say with certainty that I will never order from them again. It took them 3 weeks to deliver a basic online order to me. Amazon would have delivered it to me in one day! Any other company would have certainly delivered it within a week. Best Buy is so uncompetitive it is absolutely embarrassing. And their customer service is a joke. They solve nothing and it takes forever just to reach them. What do you get for this inconvenience? Absolutely nothing. It's just pointless aggravation. Never again. I have learned my lesson.

sandib62
October 2nd, 2020

Getting to talk to anyone on the phone at Best Buy is near impossible. You can't speak to anyone at the store level you need to go through an automated system & eventually someone will call you,
After a 2 week wait to have a subwoofer warranty repair I got it home &experienced the same issue as before. Calling the geek squad "Help" line & waiting a couple of hours for a call back I was told to take it back to the store for repair! I am so totally frustrated with this company & chances are very good I will never deal with them again.

charlies169
February 22nd, 2020

I needed a technician to set up a complex entertainment system for me - voice control, streaming from my cell phone and other advanced setups. I sent a email to Geek Squad and never received a reply. A week later I went to one of the stores, talked to a technician. He said he would pass it to a consultant and call me back. I waited for another week and they never called back. If they feel that they do not want to offer this service all they have to do is say so, and the customer won't be waiting and waste 2 weeks' time. A papa & mama corner store can do better.

anteloped
November 18th, 2020

Someone at Best Buy Canada keyed in my postal code incorrectly (turns out they put a letter o instead of the number 0; not sure why their computer system would even allow postal codes that didn't follow L#L #L# format) and they cancelled my order for a PS5. They have admitted that it is their fault and offered a 10% discount if we reorder this item that is out of stock indefinitely, which doesn't help in any way.

I have spent at least 5 hours on the phone so far with very nice customer service people who always tell me there is no way to get transferred to a supervisor or call in directly; that I have to wait for one to call me back. They do not call. So 25 hours after I am assured that someone will call me in 24h I have to call and waste the time of some underpaid customer service rep again. There is apparently NO way to actually talk with a supervisor, and I can only conclude that they must have oversold this in-demand item and cancelled a bunch of orders to make up for it. It they actually had the # of items they sold (they "sold out" within minutes) they would presumably be able to reattach the one we ordered to our account once the error was identified. However, they say this is not possible and that there is no way we could be in queue to get the next one that becomes available due to a cancellation.

I will never again order from BestBuy.ca and would strongly caution against doing so to anyone who's reading this.

joes1380
May 11th, 2020

This company has been going downhill for years. I used to be a frequent customer. The final straw is that they took an online order, charged my credit card, but refuse to ship the item or provide any method for me to get an update. This will be my last purchase at this company. If I ever receive it.

karenc1249
June 29th, 2020

renatoc17
July 11th, 2020

I bought an Asus laptop 3 weeks ago directly from BestBuy (not a third party). I never received the item... I contacted them to ask for an order cancelation and I was told I cannot cancel the order. They want me to wait until I receive the order (no dates whatsoever) and return it, so 10 business days after receiving it on their waterhouse they would return my money. I asked to talk to a manager and never got a reply... completely unacceptable. Stay away from BestBuy their costumer services are getting worse and worse.

alexb690
May 12th, 2020

They really care about their customers. :) I will be a loyal customer of Best Buy following the amazing experience I had today. Thanks Best Buy.

robertr2233
December 14th, 2020

I ordered a macbook on nov 29 2020 to be sure i received before xmas, well its obviously lost in transit, cannot even track it anymore, called but got a recording that said 2.5 HOUR WAIT! What a joke 21/2 hours... who can wait that long just to hear we cant help you... I used to buy at best buy regularly. I thought i would shop local and not buy amazon... never again BEST BUY, i will NOT recommend or send anyone to your stores. Obviously Im not the only one with extreme disapointment. I cant even cancel the order now. WOW

marcv96
May 19th, 2021

I have to wait another 3 weeks to receive my order because they sent to a wrong address, It will take Canada Post about 2 weeks to contact the shipper to correct the address, I ask Best Buy to contact Canada Post to cancel my order because I can't do it only the shipper, and they refused. So no more ''BAD BUY'' for me its bye bye

Tip for consumers:
The worst online purchase experience

Espresso machine

Customer Service is HORRIBLE at Best Buy. I've truly never experienced anything more terrible.

By J K.