Review of Beds.co.uk

Tel: 0121 568 7126
sales@beds.co.uk

johnh2325
9/12/19
Maz was very helpful in helping me to choose a bed and arranging quick delivery
He checked stock while I was talking to him so that I could get a speedy delivery
christopherh367
9/12/19
called on the off chance of next day delivery for a new bed frame i spoke with a very helpful chap called zack he managed to get me next day delivery for a small fee, but this didnt matter he answered and helped me with all my queries will deffo use again
maroofa
9/12/19
im happy with the service maz has provided me today. He helped me book an early delivery date. Thank you.
gregc247
7/11/19
They threatened my wife and me. They are rude and nasty. All items damaged and delivered by people who don't care!!
alonzob21
5/2/19
It was a beautiful sunny day and sitting in the garden we decided that we needed some new garden furniture...... enter beds.co.uk .....£449 later boxes were delivered to our back garden by one man.... all boxes proudly bearing the signage "2 man lift" Oh dear the glass on the table shattered and the chair is damaged. No surprise really , the it was delivered.
This wasn't really the reason for the low score; the score is because the company wants customers to do WORK when their delivery service fails to erhm deliver!
Photographs, reference to handbook for part numbers ,when perfectly reasonable verbal descriptions were supplied, calls to manager with agreed replacements failing, due to manager not including correct delivery details, more calls to company agreed call back from manager failing to phone, new delivery arranged without relevant details because of failure by manager to contact us...... more calls more waiting, phone put down on me because I failed to listen!!!!! I was trying to explain that there was broken glass to be collected which had been ignored by the manager in his notes for delivery.
Was informed that the delivery man would wait until the side arm of the chair was given to him even when I suggested this might be quite threatening as I had already told him and another operative that we could not get the arm off the chair without damaging the rest of the chair!!!! Putting the phone down on customers after they have waited at least 20 or sometimes 30 minutes for the call to be answered because they feel they have not been listened to............SHOCKING !Also rules that they want to follow rigid , calling the customer to arrange delivery time NOT adhered to.So if you can find another place to buy your garden furniture I really really would !
alysonw9
4/25/19
Over a month ago now I ordered a bed from beds.co.uk. Never Again!! I would recommend no one to give this company any of their money or any personal details. First, I was informed I would receive my order the following day. You can imagine my disappointment when the bed did not arrive after I had paid for my old bed to be taken to the skip and no one had contacted me to inform me of this. After a few phone calls and being advised I would be given a partial refund and that I would receive my bed 4 days later ! Finally the bed arrived but no partial refund received. Then, I noticed I was linked in and receiving an email from a customer of beds.co.uk and when looking further my email had also been shared with others. When drawing this to the attention of the manager apparently this was a technical problem that had been resolved. Still receiving emails and still no refund I called again to be told a manager would be calling me back straight away "within 2mins" apparently. Now beds.co.uk have closed and guess what? Still no phone call/ email/ refund!!
henryl117
4/12/19
Once bed bought, no communication about when delivery will actually happen (in order email, says they will "try" to deliver on chosen date). Takes 30 mins to get through to customer service.

Delivery people left the bed outside the apartment block and won't bring it up 4 steps into the ground floor flat, one delivery man citing "health and safety". Only problem was the other delivery man then said they would bring it in for a tenner.
sams599
3/25/19
Very pleased with my bed and mattress from beds.co.uk, did have a slight issue with the mattress which was resolved efficiently.
williamc763
3/13/19
bought a garden sofa set size was wrongly advertised so would not fit our garden space sent it back and got refund with no problems great customer services.
patriciap338
2/9/19
We bought a king sized divan bed from this company in September 2018. I knew from the price that the bed wouldn't be top quality, after all you get what you pay for! However I didn't expect the base to collapse into the drawer within 3 months of purchasing it!! The quality of the bed base was very poor indeed. We have since purchased one of better quality from another company as I didn't want a replacement of the same quality, but I emailed Beds.co.uk advising them of the problem so that they have the right of reply before I write this review, but they did not have the decency to respond to me. Would definitely stay clear of this company in future!
lauram657
2/4/19
Absolute scam of a company. We placed our order online and the delivery information was all there at check out stating free delivery. We then got an text message and email asking us to pick a delivery slot but when we went onto premier deliveries link we were unable to select the time slot so I went to online chat for advice where I was then told that the delivery charge was £69.99 for my postcode. Although this is stated in the terms and conditions (was made aware of this when I went a searched the fine print) this once not once made clear during the purchase, further more I was informed I would have to ring a charged landline number to pay for the delivery over the phone which meant giving my card details over the phone, not very secure. When I asked to cancel the order I was then informed the only way I could do that was to ring another charged for landline number. So basically the company advertises cheap prices then once you pay, informs you of a massive delivery charge with an insecure way to pay for it and if you decide to cancel you are still out money because they charge you for the phone call to cancel. Far better using a different company who's prices seem a little more expensive but are upfront and honest about other charges. Plus I was waiting for 40mins on the phone (I tried calling twice), dreading my phone bill :(... I am out money and without a purchase, SCAM
andrewh396
2/2/19
excellent quality delivery fast and all as described. cant vault the company on my experience with them the beds are used every other weekend by the Grandparents and they have also used the company for the same beds for the children
mariaf188
Maria F.
1/12/19
Ordered 3 divan single beds online on 26/12 delivery was as scheduled and quite quick. Ordered on Visa. Once I'd unwrapped one, drawer fronts came apart from rest of bed and tear in leather surround, quality very substandard so didn't open the other 2 and rang up to report faulty one and request full money back for all. Collection slot made for 2/1/19 but they didn't turn up to collect. I rang and was told driver had had an accident..and they had rebooked collection for the 4/1. However they did collect on the 4/1 and my money refunded in full 5 working days later.
All I will say is always look at reviews before purchasing, pay by visa, and take photos of everything and document/screen shot everything and you'll have every eventuality covered...i did so i was happy id get my money back in the end.
johnh1923
1/11/19
Awful service all round. Frame & Mattress delivered separately which was a complete pain. Main bed supports have failed and 2 months later, very little in way of communication and trying to fob me off saying i have to wait for the manufacturer. Try to phone and waiting times are ridiculous. Joke of a business and they should be laws to protect people from vile business owners like these. The products are awful. Ordered the premium mattress with memory foam topper and its as hard as a piece of plywood. Dont waste your money or time with these idiots.
adrianl115
1/7/19
I ordered a divan, mattress and headboard directly from their website beds.co.uk
When the bed arrived the two divan parts were the same and there was no way to fix them together or attach the headboard (which cost extra). I tried emailing, I tried calling, I tried leaving online chat messages but I just cant get through to them by any of those methods. I have been unable to speak to anyone at all.
In the end I had no choice but to open a PayPal dispute, to which beds.co.uk said they would issue a refund as soon as I return the bed. This is no use to me, it means I'd have to package up a double bed and pay the costs of returning it which is a lot of work on my part just to make up for their mistake. I imagine the shipping would not be a small charge either. What I want is what I ordered and paid for in the first place but no-one has contacted me to actually find a solution, I cant get hold of anyone at beds.co.uk at all.
I would just order somewhere else and not risk it, I don't seem to be the only person with these kind of issues.
amiek3
12/31/18
Great bed for the price paid. Solid bed but drawers a little weak so we added so screws inside where you can not see them.
cristianp17
12/17/18
Low quality beds and mattresses, the head board doesn't fit with the bed and £100 more expensive than something similar on other websites. I maglde a mistake buying and trusting them
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Cristian,

After reviewing the image you have supplied, you have set the headboard struts/headboard incorrectly.

Please see below of some instructions (video) to help guide you to assembling this correctly.

Attaching Headboard Bolts:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfsU6k9Wl40

Attaching Headboard Struts:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZFAW4o8f-4

Jamie

jp390
11/4/18
Really easy to order and really great support service.
Love the bed and design is very sturdy and comfortable.
Thank you.
katec100
10/12/18
Received a terrible mattress. They originally offered to replace at a discount but didn't place the order because I hadn't left them a review. They finally agreed to collect, minus a £49 replacement fee, but a month later the refund hasn't come through.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Kate,

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with a mattress you received, but unfortunately, I am unable to find any order details, as you have not specified any delivery postcode or reference number. Could I kindly ask you to supply a Delivery postcode and/or reference number please, as this will help me to find your order details and to allow me to further assist you in your issue?

Please send your details to royce@beds.co.uk

carleyb4
10/12/18
Ordered a bed a few weeks ago thought this would be a bargain, the gentleman who delivered this was rude. When all the boxes were in my house I realised the wrong legs had been delivered (white) now for two weeks I have been chasing this with countless phone calls, the agents tell me they will ring me back, the manager will call me and absolutely nothing! It is shameful this company is even allowed to operate.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Carley

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with the products you received, but unfortunately, I am unable to find any order details, as you have not specified any delivery postcode or reference number.

Could I kindly ask you to supply a Delivery postcode and/or reference number please, as this will help me to find your order details and to allow me to further assist you in your issue.

Please send me an email to royce@beds.co.uk

lisaw514
10/2/18
Worse customer service in the world bed and mattress is the worse in the world pls do not by ever mattresses is like fag paper. U can feel springs in
The bed, customer service told me that they are not a charity case and I should of paid. The mattress had marks on it . Phone customer services and they were rude and also to take it back u have to pay 50 pounds for them to collect it
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Carley

Please send me an email to royce@beds.co.uk

sylviac72
10/1/18
Bought Divan bed and mattress with drawers from this company. Bed was most uncomfortable and hard with no filling in the mattress. Got in touch by phone and e mail over several weeks, they asked for photos which were sent still no joy. Worst company ever. Do not use this company!!!
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Sylvia,

Sorry to hear there is an issue with an order you have placed, but unfortunately I am unable to verify you have placed an order due to no reference or delivery postcode. If I could kindly ask you to provide this information, to royce@beds.co.uk I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

roselinec2
9/26/18
Efficient for dealing with the order, bed arrived on time and delivered to our bedroom. It turns out that it was too small: that's when things got much too complicated for beds.co.uk! Called the customer service several times without being able to go through so emailed them: very slow responses (2 days between each emails, given that you have a 14 days exchange this is not ideal at all!!) and the responses were completely useless and unhelpful. Finally got someone on the phone (very nice lady) who rearranged for a new bed to be delivered and the other one to be picked up from my flat, told me that I only needed to wrap up the bed (which I did). When the delivery men came finally (they were given the wrong address by beds.co.uk first), they didn't want to go all the way up to my flat this time, they expected me (I was by myself!) to take the bed down and take the new one up 4 flights of stairs by myself.... Of course I couldn't do that so they took the bed back. Tried to contact customer service again, phone number wasn't working again, had to email them again, very slow and useless responses again - so slow that it finally happened, my 14 days for exchange had expired. So now I have a bed that's too small and I can't really do anything about it, I was penalised because of their bad customer service which is very annoying, this has been a bad experience. You better be sure of what you want if you want to use them, exchange or return is not an option with this level of service (despite what they say)! Would not recommend them at all.
Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Hello Roseline,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your item, but unfortunately I was unable to find any order details due to no information being supplied. Could I kindly ask you to supply a delivery postcode and or reference number, so I am able to locate your order details to further assist you

Please contact me on royce@beds.co.uk

garyh412
9/24/18
Ordered a double Devan bed with 4 drawers.a mattress and headboard.delivered it to me on friday.driver found headboard at bottom of van under beds.when he took it out it was broken I said to him are you going to take it back.he said no you take it in and contact them and they will replace it.i signed the paper work and I write headboard broken on it.took the headboard inside and tried to contact them.no one answered the phone.i sent them an email explaining the situation.they emailed back the next day saying takes photos and order number etc and they will sort it out.now Monday two days later.no more replies to my emails.rang phone number 10 minutes later someone answers and told me I need to speak to after sales.said they would put me through.again waited 10 minutes and again told same thing.gave up no one takes responsibility.very poor after sales.stear clear of this company.or if you pay cash on delivery check goods first.and hold back any money if goods are faulty/broken
Or refuse the order.
dannyd108
9/10/18
I read a few reviews about beds.co.uk before using them, most of the gripes appeared to be with the delivery company. To confirm the delivery company didnt disappoint, miserable driver who never called me prior to arriving (I called them that morning and they said he would call when 10 mins away), it took me around 5 mins to get to the property and the driver had unloaded my bed onto the side of the road (a main road) and just say waiting in the van. I was a bit miffed but thought this was the worst of it.

Quickly erected the bed and put the new mattress on. Both me and my dad stood back, looked at the bed, then at the photo on the website and agreed that it looked entirely different, much like a cheap knock off. I was not happy at this point, but decided I could live with it.

I then laid on the bed to test out the new memory foam mattress...this is a bit hard I thought, then I realised, I could feel the wooden slats of the bed through this wafer thin (3" approx) mattress. Just to add context, I'm not a particularly big person - 5ft9 and 12stone yet this mattress can't even support my weight - horrendous.

I feel utterly exploited and that beds.co.uk are out just to make a quick buck off anyone they can. Their returns policy already stated I could return it providing it was unopened and that I'd pay £50 for the privilege. How was I to know prior to setting it up, that I'd be mis-sold a bed and given a mattress not fit for purpose?

I explained this to their customer service team. I get the feeling they deal with this a lot, as they haven't answered as single point of mine, they have said I can upgrade my mattress for £60 and that they'll give my 10% off my next order.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This hasn't been a smooth ride, however, Jamie from beds.co.uk appears to be the man that can.

He has contacted me today and come up with a solution to rectify my issues, all being well, a replacement (different model) bed and mattress will be with me in the coming days and he has wavered the exchange fee of £49.

Jamie reached out to me and has sorted me problems.

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

you should be suspicious

By DON J.

Hello there Im Really sorry that some of the negative feedback that has been written on here has put you off from purchasing from us. Please see our updated reviews here ..https://www.trustpilot.com/review/beds.co.uk We are a multi million pound company and we dispatch over 5000 deliveries per week and we hold our hands up to slight complications on a handful of the orders. But we really hope you give us a chance to show you that we are a very efficient company with very nice reasonably priced high quality products. Kind regards Charlotte Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Ennesia, Sorry for the late response, I have been away due to personal reasons. Do you still require further assistance? If so please provide a delivery postcode or a reference number to locate your order details.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Jame, If the item received is as not as described, it is best for you to contact our After Sales Care Team on 0121 5686 7126 option 2. Once you have contacted them, they will request images of the item received, and will then advise you on the following steps. Hope this information has helped.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hello Mel, I can confirm, customers are eventually happy with there products. Majority of the time it is down to a personal preference that the customer does not like there product, but as soon as we find a product suited to the customer, the customer is then satisfied. Customer satisfaction is always our number one priority. Kind regards Jamie Beds.co.uk

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Takes well over 20 minutes at times. Disgraceful!

By Lou M.

Sent them an email last week as I don't think that I have received a memory foam mattress as advertised, still no reply. Will advise trading standards next week if no response and follow up with small claims court if necessary

By Kenneth F.

Hi, Thank you for your message, I can assure you that your order will be with you if it is not already. Please email me directly on resolutions.beds@gmail.com or call our aftersales team on 01215687126 and ask for Tom, I will be more than happy to assist you further

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Ling, Could you please e-mail me with regards to your issue, My direct e-mail is julie@beds.co.uk. Regards. beds.co.uk.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

Beds.co.uk?