Beds.co.uk

Beds.co.uk

Beds.co.uk has a consumer rating of 4.07 stars from 791 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Beds.co.uk most frequently mention customer service, good quality and fast delivery. Beds.co.uk ranks 2nd among Beds sites.

• Sarah identified my needs, I placed an order, agreed delivery date and payment all under 5 mins.
  • Best night sleep on new mattress and bed frame from them great prices.

• Poor customer service, poor delivery and collection service and worst still awful refund service.
  • There was no memory foam unless it is 1mm thick and we could feel every spring pushing into our bodies.
How would you rate Beds.co.uk?

“I can personally recommend Beds.co.uk”

Abigail S.
2/28/20

I can personally recommend Beds.co.uk Their range of beds is extensive and they offer excellent value for money. Sarah has excellent customer service skills. She handled my enquiry in a patient and professional manner and went out of her way to fulfil my requests. Thank you so much!

“Load of cheap rubbish”

Linda H.
7/24/20

On assembling my new bed, one of the straps broke on the mattress. I emailed both of the two contact email addresses several times & also tried calling & using the online chat facility to report this & request a replacement or refund but Every attempt at communicating has been ignored. This is by far the worst customer service I've experienced for many years. Seems like once they have your money they don't care. I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole. Next stop, trading standards!

customer service (91) delivery date (35) bed frame (26) quality bed (25) memory foam (57) trading standards (15) delivery driver (24)
lindah1699
July 24th, 2020

I wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole.
Next stop, trading standards!

edwardb665
January 18th, 2021

"Orthopedic mattress"
It's barely been used and the mattress has no firmness or pressure whatsoever. In fact I have a hours-lasting back-pain every morning after sleeping on it now.

The thickness is 8", not 10" as advertised. It's absolutely not the one from the picture.

This was advertised as an Orthopedic mattress! With one of the highest 'firm-ratings'. It's the opposite.
Terrible!

Tip for consumers:
Don't use them! And very carefully check they sent the right item when it arrives, because the mattress might 'seem' right but is nothing like decribed.

Mattress

mariaf188
Maria F.
January 12th, 2019

Ordered 3 divan single beds online on 26/12 delivery was as scheduled and quite quick. Ordered on Visa. Once I'd unwrapped one, drawer fronts came apart from rest of bed and tear in leather surround, quality very substandard so didn't open the other 2 and rang up to report faulty one and request full money back for all. Collection slot made for 2/1/19 but they didn't turn up to collect. I rang and was told driver had had an accident..and they had rebooked collection for the 4/1. However they did collect on the 4/1 and my money refunded in full 5 working days later.
All I will say is always look at reviews before purchasing, pay by visa, and take photos of everything and document/screen shot everything and you'll have every eventuality covered...i did so i was happy id get my money back in the end.

abigails91
February 28th, 2020

lisac1620
July 6th, 2020

Do not buy a bed from this company unless you want to end up sleeping on the floor after 5 months when it breaks and have a rude manager say "well your not on the floor you can still use the mattress". I would say bed is made of cardboard but that would be an insult to cardboard as it's not even that thick. Awful bed, awful customer service, never again.

roxanai6
September 22nd, 2020

This site is a con!
I purchased a bed from them + memory foam mattress for my mother. They sent a broken, poor quality mattress, that had 0 memory foam in, and the worst "bed"( if you can call it that), that looks like 2 cheap cubes that separate when you are sleeping and you need to push it back together every morning. Same issue with the headboard, it falls all the time. I had to order another bed and mattress from IKEA. I emailed them complaining about the poor quality of their items and when i said that i wish to return the products, they stopped answering. It's been more than a month now, still no reply from them.
Save your money and don't purchase from this fraudulent online store.
I am very surprised they don't have very low ratings here, probably they fake reviewed themselves. The order number is *******7438.
I thought I bought something else, and they sent some garbage. Plus, they are not letting me return their garbage so i can get my money back. This is fraud. Please see the pictures of how the bed was supposed to look like from their website, and how it actually looks.

lukep208
January 11th, 2020

I called up to ask a few questions about the bed I was interested in, as the price was excellent, but personally I prefer talking to someone when purchasing, especially larger items. I find it just makes things easier.

The lady I spoke to, Sarah C (Support Team) was extremely helpful and friendly. In fact without her input I probably wouldn't have bought the bed I did today. She took the time to explain the details, offered to check stock etc. asked if I wanted to do the sale over the phone, and was really patient with me while I sorted out my banking details.

Nice one Sarah really appreciate the help! If anyone I know is looking to buy a bed in future i'll send them your way.

Kind regards, Luke (A fellow aol user) x

susanp1049
September 10th, 2020

I ordered my Mattress in June this year! (2020) now it is September 10th 2020. Still no mattress. 7 deliver dates missed. So NOT happy. Have now asked for a full refund. Which includes Extra postage as we were JUST outside the delivery area. Watch this space to see if we get our full refund! (added note: On 20th September I did get a full refund with in the time they said I would get it) But I will not use them again.

Products used:
We wanted / orders a 6ft king size Cloud Premium Memory Foam Mattress..Never arrive, awaiting refund.

andyp243
November 19th, 2020

We took delivery of our super doper bed yesterday and it looked good! That is until I laid on it! It is the worst mattress in the history of worst mattresses! There was no memory foam unless it is 1mm thick and we could feel every spring pushing into our bodies. After half an hour I literally rolled it up, took it to the spare room and got the old mattress back on the bed. Bliss by comparison. I will never purchase anything ever again with reading the reviews first. Emailed them this morning but no reply. Awful experience

carolined97
May 23rd, 2020

Ordered a bed on 14th May for delivery on 22nd May. Received email on 21st spouting Covid 19 blah blah. Can't supply my bed, gave other suggestions. Emailed straight back to see when new stock would be in. No reply. Sent another email stating I required a refund. Spent ages on the phone, eventually got through & was promised a call within 24hrs to sort out refund. No call! After 18 attempts on 23rd May I had the pleasure of speaking to a rude condescending female. Still no closer to a refund. Small claims court it is.

glynisf1
April 25th, 2020

I received a bed 24th april 2020. It's not fit for purpose. The drawers dont fit. The mattress is coming away at the seams and the to is clicked in several places I've emailed them the pictures. No answer on the phone from them. The bed is shambolic to say the least avoid this firm at all cost. I will be taking legal advice.

marks2604
May 23rd, 2020

Bought a dual spring memory foam mattress for my son, £109 with free delivery.
I then get contacted as apparently Carnoustie is not part of the UK mainland and therefore there would be a delivery charge.
Eventually this fee is deleted as a 'good will gesture'.
5 days later the mattress arrives. It is the most poor quality, cheap piece of rubbish, no memory foam, no padding, with springs almost poking through the cheap fabric.
After 1 hour trying to get hold of someone I am told I can get a refund but there is a £50 uplift charge.
TOTAL SCAM, AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

jamesr2344
March 12th, 2021

Possibly the worst customer service of my life.

Shocking treatment from start to finish. Ordered online to be told there was no possible delivery available, after reading great delivery deals advertised on the website. Three days later I was contacted to be told the bed I ordered was now unavailable and I needed to choose an alternative option. I was very disappointed to hear this as the bed I chose my girlfriend had her heart set on.

After the bed was delivered we began building and half way through noticed a split on one of the leather panels and from this moment on had a nightmare with customer service. I called to make the company aware of the issue and was told I would get a call back within the hour (this didn't happen) I phoned again two hours later to ask for an update.

We were offered a replacement bed but after a day of assembling the first bed to sleep on this didn't appeal to me. Eventually we agreed to a replacement panel. The following week a delivery driver arrived with a new bed expecting me to have dismantled the old one. I phoned customer service and spoke to a very rude man who argued with me that I had insisted I wanted a new bed delivering.

I then spoke to a supervisor who made delivering a replacement panel as difficult as possible. How can I be expected to have the damaged panel ready to be collected without having the replacement delivered to put straight on? The whole issue has left a sour taste in my mouth. Lesson learned pay more for better quality and better customer care.

Do not use Beds.co.uk

felishaw9
August 18th, 2020

So I ordered a brand new mattress about a month ago. All of a sudden, I have bed bugs. I rang this morning and they completely denied the fact that it could have come from them. It's a brand new flat with a brand new bed and mattress and the bugs wouldn't have come from anywhere else as I've never had bed bugs in all the places I've lived. Do NOT buy from them - they're negligent and most of all, you'll get bitten!

emmam345
February 10th, 2021

Great item just what my daughter wanted. We had a little issue with slats for the bed but spoke to Sarah c customer service and she is sending some spare out. Thank you

White double bed

richardg1063
May 26th, 2020

Good quality, looks smart, Sarah great help with the order and delivery. No problems, even one person could assemble it, although that took longer. Would order again.

shawnl176
May 18th, 2020

Hi,
I ordered a 4f6 double ottoman bed on 22nd April everything went through ok, got a phone call a week later saying the Bed was delayed, can't be delivered till the 14th may I said that was ok, got an email saying that Something went wrong with our bed so they have upgraded our bed at no extra cost which was nice but sent an email saying that would be fine my sone moved back in on the 10th I said he had to sleep on a blow up bed for a few days.
Haven't received the new bed have called about 10 times emailed with no reply if I can't get through by Wednesday will have to go back to PayPal to get a refund.
I was told if you start this process and cancel the refund with PayPal you can't get it again so if I start the refund you have to get your money and sauce another bed from somewhere else.
Just want the bed my sons been on air bed now for 8 days I think that's long enough

henryl117
April 12th, 2019

Once bed bought, no communication about when delivery will actually happen (in order email, says they will "try" to deliver on chosen date). Takes 30 mins to get through to customer service.

Delivery people left the bed outside the apartment block and won't bring it up 4 steps into the ground floor flat, one delivery man citing "health and safety". Only problem was the other delivery man then said they would bring it in for a tenner.

stephaniew481
May 18th, 2020

Sarah was very helpful. Very happy with the service.
Had to send a bed back and exchange as would cost £49 to return.

lynnem144
July 8th, 2020

Please DO NOT buy from this company!
I ordered 4 Selena beds in grey back on 2nd May and I still have not received them.
I have asked for a refund on numerous occasions and they have just ignored my request.
They won't answer the telephone or respond to emails.
I am contacting Trading Standards and the Police.

ayisheao
February 8th, 2017

Bought a spring memory foam mattress, said it bounces back to shape, and good support, only had for two months and it's sagging and is not good if you suffer with a bad back. Beds.co.uk have now exchanged my mattress and the new one is much better. I have to say personally I will never buy a mattress online again as you never know what it is going to be like, will go into a shop so I can try it first from now on.

* Beds.co.uk attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

terrib46
Beds R. – Beds.co.uk Rep

Hello,
I am surprised to hear your mattress is sagging, if you would be willing to send over an image via private message or provide your delivery postcode we can get this rectified as soon as possible.
Kind regards,
Terri

christians250
July 2nd, 2020

Shockingly bad customer service if you have any type of issue...
Stay well clear! They are very quick to answer phone when you are buying but will then not answer when you need help in any way!
Absolute rubbish!

georgeg147
December 5th, 2017

I wasn't told that my bed wouldn't be taken upstairs for me nor was I pleased with the attitude of one the delivery drivers. If you live in a tenement beware... you may have your bed left in the street as the delivery guys ain't insured to lift anything. Either that or you have to return it. I'm happy enough with the bed but be wary of all the glowing reviews as there's a 10 or 20 pound bribed offered for positive review.

nickm566
February 1st, 2020

Excellent service and bed is ideal for what we need and when on the phone to Sarah she helped with every aspect. Will purchase again.

lauras2013
May 7th, 2021

Takes a month for delivery of something totally different to the item I ordered
Now I have to pay £50 to return it to them
They are crooks Wouldn't go near them AVOID

AVOID THIS SITE

Products used:
NONE I have a 6ft headboard sat on my landing that I dont want and I cant afford to send back to them Ordered a suede headboard Got sent a cotton headboard CROOKS

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U. K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

See more answers (6)

Absolutely not! It's cheap & nasty with appalling customer service.

By Linda H.
See more answers (2)

Hello there Im Really sorry that some of the negative feedback that has been written on here has put you off from purchasing from us. Please see our updated reviews here. https://www.trustpilot.com/review/beds.co.uk We are a multi million pound company and we dispatch over 5000 deliveries per week and we hold our hands up to slight complications on a handful of the orders. But we really hope you give us a chance to show you that we are a very efficient company with very nice reasonably priced high quality products. Kind regards Charlotte Beds.co.uk

See more answers (2)

Once a refund has been authorised it will take 2-5 working days for the funds to return to your account. Kind regards, Terri

See more answers (2)

Hello Carol W. Sorry for the late response. I can confirm the reviews we receive or service reviews and are not product reviews. We do offer a returns policy as advised in our Terms and Conditions, which allow customers to view the items before returning, but there are some provisions put in place.

By Beds R., Advisor

Hello Ennesia, Sorry for the late response, I have been away due to personal reasons. Do you still require further assistance? If so please provide a delivery postcode or a reference number to locate your order details.

By Beds R., Advisor

Hello Jame, If the item received is as not as described, it is best for you to contact our After Sales Care Team on 0121 5686 7126 option 2. Once you have contacted them, they will request images of the item received, and will then advise you on the following steps. Hope this information has helped.

By Beds R., Advisor

Hello Mel, I can confirm, customers are eventually happy with there products. Majority of the time it is down to a personal preference that the customer does not like there product, but as soon as we find a product suited to the customer, the customer is then satisfied. Customer satisfaction is always our number one priority. Kind regards Jamie Beds.co.uk

By Beds R., Advisor

My mattress was fully sealed but the strap broke when putting it on the base. Cheap & nasty goods & they ignore all attempts at communication to resolve issues, my advice is don't bother.

By Linda H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

We are specialists in beds, mattresses and rattan garden furniture.

terrib46
Beds R.
Advisor

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beds.co.uk?

Have a question about Beds.co.uk?