Review of Beds.co.uk

Beds.co.uk reviews

Tel: 0121 568 7126

lucindam4
2/19/18

Having read up on all the information about a host of mattresses I made my choice and placed my order. Ordering was simple and easy, as was the delivery, however what I was delivered was not what I ordered. When informing the company, they told me it was. I sent an email with pictures and cross referenced the description on their website with the description of the mattress I had received. It even stated it was a non turn and I received a turn mattress - yet still they said it was as described and correct. I know they think they can get away with the line ' colours and styles may vary but this was a joke. it was nothing like it. I explained that I wanted confirmation form their supplier as due to the fact the mattress comes with no delivery note, or label on the mattress it is almost impossible to tell what type of mattress it is.I never heard back. I called and spent many minutes in queues on the telephone, to be told once again - I'm clearly just not happy with it and it is as I ordered - someone will call me back - well they haven't unsurprisingly. I have no written confirmation or replies to my emails - I suspect because they know I am correct and they are not.
I am currently still in the process of trying to get this returned and refunded but it is slow and frustrating. I honestly can't recommend them and would say avoid at all costs. They are great at the orders and taking the money but that's where the customer service and service at all stops.

alisonl22
2/14/18

I ordered a 5ft mattress and arranged to have it delivered on a day when I could be in all day. Two guys arrived asking if I wanted the mattress upstairs. To my surprise they then informed me that their company charge £10 to take it upstairs. I signed for the bed and was asked to write my name in English! They then left the mattress sticking out of the front door. I wish that I had gone to Dreams, as they also dispose of the old mattress for free.

sams461
2/13/18

REALLY RUDE EASTERN EUROPEAN STAFF, I WAS ABOUT TO SPEND £800 AND CHANGED MY MIND AS THEY HAVE NO CLASS OR MANNERS.

YOU PAY PEANUTS, YOU GET MONKEYS!!

hilaryb12
2/11/18
• Updated review

As an update to my review of our dreadful experience using Beds.co.uk. Terri offered us £20 compensation if I would take the negative review down. £20 doesn"t come close to what we are out of pocket , I would rather leave the review in situ.

“Shocking company. Worst ever.”
6/30/17
• Previous review

Do not use this company. Absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their customer service is a complete joke. I have dealt with *....* is a waste of space, rude and talks over you, doesn't return calls as promised. * is on a whole other level... rude, dimissive and threatening. There is little point in wasting time and oxygen in speaking to her. After the 3rd attempt at getting the bed delivered (1st attempt was cancelled by company but nobody bothered to tell us, 2nd attempt was a completely different bed to the one we ordered!) and now we discover the bed has a broken headboard! However it would appear that this is our problem and not beds.co.uk. I feel I have no option but to contact Trading Standards for help.

*Personal information redacted by admin

Response from Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Dear Customer,
We would love the opportunity to get this rectified for you. I have taken a look into your order, and tried to contact you however I have been unable to get through. If you could please contact me at terri@beds.co.uk
Kind regards,
Terri
janes276
2/11/18

Fast delivery service but ...
I am aware the purchase of the divan was cheap so was not expecting a brilliant bed. Unfortunately whilst I popped out my hubby unwrapped and put it together which he made tiny holes in the rattan plastic underneath to ensure clips holding the two pieces of divan together fitted properly against the wooden frame - aaaargghhh.
This then made it unreturnable according to their terms and conditions.
When I layed down it was rock solid and felt no softness from the pillow top, I therefore looked at the Pillow top and it did not look like the same softness as the picture, handles are not on the mattress all the way around, material looks different. I looked for manufacturers label for details on the bed to confirm it was the correct item and as described but unable to find any. This concerned me that there were no labels from manufacturer as with most beds. Looking back on their website it does actually say NO LABLES that alone started questions.
I have not contacted the company as only now reading the reviews it appears it will just be wasting time, together with the fact my hubby put holes in it.
I also cannot find the holes to screw the headboard on.
Now going to buy another elsewhere, now going to try sell this one for next to nothing, hopefully a landlord may be interest.
Are Beds.co.uk the actual manufacture?
Certainly learnt a lesson on this purchase.

neila32
2/9/18

I believe the true test of a company is how it reacts when things go wrong. Using that benchmark and my experience I would avoid this company at all costs. Failed delivery, disinterested manager, rude manager, numerous broken promises all amount to non existent customer service.
After 9 days of waiting for a call back flagged as urgent and promised without fail within 24 hours, I gave up and sent the email detailed below. Surprise, surprise no response as yet.

"I have been given this email address to detail the dreadful experience I have had with an order and the subsequent problems and shockingly poor customer service we have experienced.

I will attempt to detail everything but it is difficult to express in writing just how dreadful this experience has been and how let down and upset we feel.

Its was my sons birthday 18th birthday on 31st jan and his big wish was for his first double bed.

Having found a bed that fit the bill on your website I rang to check it was in stock and also check you could deliver on the day of his birthday, so it would be a surprise for him. I was assured you had stock and delivery on the day was all part of the service. My wife called the following day and placed the order again explaining the exact requirements and all was confirmed as being in place. This was some two weeks ahead of the big day so we sat back and relaxed safe in the knowledge that everything was arranged. On Tuesday 30th Jan we received emails telling us our delivery would be with us after 1pm on the 31st, all was good.

Sadly that was something of a false dawn and things went rapidly downhill from there.

Later on the Tuesday around 3pm my wife was called by a member of your team, Adam I believe, to be told that the bed wasnt coming. He offered 2 'like for like' alternatives and asked my wife to view them and get back to him. Panicking by now, my wife called me and asked me to view the alternatives and get one ordered. Sadly on viewing the so called 'like for like' alternatives it became clear that they were both pine finish when our bed was white. Not exactly 'like for like'!

I called your customer service number and after waiting for a considerable time spoke to a young lady and explained the situation, the fact the alternatives were not suitable and the lengths we had gone to to ensure this order would happen as our sons 18th birthday surprise and that it would appear our sons birthday surprise was about to be ruined. She listened intently and was clearly shocked at what had happened and said she couldnt sort the problem but that she would pass me to her manager who had the authority to sort this out.

I was connected to Adam who told me he was the manager of the aftersales team. My experience with Adam was without doubt the worst experience I have ever had when speaking to a company over the phone. I am told you record your calls, I would suggest you review the call. From the beginning of the call he sounded as if he was annoyed that he was having to speak to me and made no secret of the fact that he felt I was being unreasonable in being so upset at being let down by the company. Across a very long conversation he didnt at any point appear to understand why I was upset or empathise with us and had no grasp of why my son might be upset too. He suggested my only options were to wait for the bed to come in, despite having no idea when this would be, take one of the alternatives, despite them not being suitable or have a refund. I pointed out the flaws in each option and Adam then went into t&c mode. Rather than trying to be creative with a solution and make me feel understood and valued he started quoting terms and conditions. Not exactly what I expected. At one point I asked him how he would feel in my shoes, he didnt want to answer that one. He then asked me 'what do you expect me to do? What would you do?'

I suggested I would do all in my power to get a white bed delivered as per the contract, even if this meant sourcing one from another supplier, I would do everything to fulfill my companies promise to the customer. His response was to tell me and I paraphrase here, 'well thats not going to happen'. He then followed to suggest that my wife was perfectly happy when he spoke to her and suggest I was over reacting. This is my wife who was in tears and too upset to speak to anybody about it. I asked Adam to explain how my bed could go from being confirmed as in stock and reserved for delivery to unavailable and why it was only discovered at 3pm the day before leaving us no time to source a replacement. He told me there was a problem with the bed, in fact with all the beds of that type and it was only discovered when loading them. He also stressed i wasnt the only one affected suggesting this should make me feel better. When i queried how this set of circumstances could occur he then said the lack of stock was actually a human error, when i pointed out that he was changing his story on the hoof he suggested it was me who had got it wrong, im sure the call recording will show me to be correct, so much for 'the customer is always right'. After hitting my head against the brickwall of indifference that was Adam for around 30 minutes I gave up and asked to speak to a more senior person. To be told there wasnt one!!!! I didnt believe this and persisted until Adam said, 'there is the resolutions team, but thats only for when there are problems', I laughed at this point and pointed out that we most certainly 'had a problem'. Reluctantly Adam agreed to pass our case to resolutions and said I would be called within 24 hours.

I waited 8 days with no contact so called yesterday to find out what was going on. I had to detail the situation again and the very apologetic representative said she could totally understand how let down I felt and that she couldnt understand how any of this could have happened. She promised me a call back that same day, without fail.

Here I am a day later with still no call.

This whole experience has been dreadful. You originally got it very wrong and badly impacted upon a very important family occasion. The service since that point has compounded the original problem and frankly multiplied it massively through a liturgy of disinterest and false promises.

I believe mistakes happen and that a company is judged on how it responds to mistakes. Sadly your companies response leaves a great deal to be desired.

I would still like to speak to somebody about this and I very much welcome your observations and suggestions for a resolution to this dreadful situation."

mem127
2/4/18

Cow boys. I cannot honestly believe that companies like this are still allowed to operate in modern great Britain! I bought a bed for £651. They delivered a bed with a different, cheaper and damaged head board.

After many hours on their terrible phone service and talking to "customer service" they missed a redilivery claiming bed was damaged in transit. They reschedule only to deliver a bed with wrong screws for the that the headboard.

Had the matress for less than a month. 6000 Pocket Spring apparently! It's already dipping!

You know what, I have gone through so much with this company it's unreal. I cannot write it all down because you won't be able to read it all and you will lose the will to live! Simple advice.. Stay away! A word is enough for the wise!!!!

farideha1
2/3/18

I wish I have read these reviews prior to purchasing from your company. You have delivered my order which was a bed with mattress and headboard on 16th Jan. On the same day I managed to call and inform you that the headboard is completely from a different design and fabric than the one I have ordered, the mattress is different colour and does not match with the bed base, and the bed base has some patches of loose fabric (i.e. faulty/very bad quality) with no fire safety label. I have sent you emails with picture attached. I really want these items out of my house as soon as possible. How long more do I have to wait. Rgds

mh217
2/2/18

Quality product at an affordable price. This is the second Ottoman gas lift bed we have purchased from beds.co.uk. They were both delivered the next day and I was able to assemble them within an hour. This model allowed us full access to space under the mattress to greatly increase our storage capacity. It doesn't come with a strap/handle to help with opening and closing, but I was able to fashion one out of some old material.

mrsn8
1/28/18

I ordered a bed and they were unable to deliver due to a systematic glitch. I have tried several times to contact them via phone, email and online chat but have had no luck. All I received are automated emails saying I will be dealt with in 48hours. This was A MONTH AGO. They have taken £175 from my account and delivered no bed and are refusing to respond to my request of a refund. AWFUL company. AVIOD by all means. Much better to go to a reputable company.

I have no bed and the money still has not been returned and they refused to answer any of my requests. Awful experience

traceyh47
1/26/18

Really happy with the mattress we ordered great service and delivered within a week, will def be ordering again, customer service were great
Many thanks Tracey

michaeld369
1/19/18

I ordered a new double match this month a mattress was delivered by two guys who turned it around in my hallway and learn it against my wall then asked me sign for it and quickly left. Later when I asked a friend to help me take it upstairs to the bedroom we noticed that the wall was marked with black stains and were horrified to see that the reason they had struggled to turn it around before leaning it was that the covering was very badly stained with animal or bird excrement!
I was horrified who would dream of doing that? They say they provide an excellent delivery service but it's disgusting.
I can't be sure that the mattress has not been contaminated as there were small tips on the plastic cover. There is no way I'm accepting it and although I reported the problem to them via email and trying to phone. They are not responding and have just ignored me.
Do not buy from this company. I have pictures of the disgust was on the side of the mattress the mess includes worms. It made me feel sick.

sals26
1/15/18

I ordered 4ft double which arrived on specified date. No help was offered to take it upstairs but I managed somehow. Instructions were included with fittings and it was not so hard to put it together. Overall it was a great experience buying from Beds.co.uk.

charlenea8
1/14/18

Bed and mattress are made of very good Quality had a problem and was sorted out very fast cant fault them in any way very comfortable bed

alexanderw30
1/12/18

Excellent construction, easy to follow instructions great priced item, easy to order and arrange delivery which you can choose time am/pm and date.
this is our second purchase we have purchased this for our son.

aimeet9
1/12/18

Great value for money. Was delivered very quickly. All flat packed but was not too difficult to put together.

sharonh158
1/12/18

After ordering bed and mattress it got delivered in great time ..... Best night sleep my husband and I have had in long time. .... great price
You want a great bed cheap this is the place to buy from great value

deniss84
1/10/18

Ordered a £100 pounds mattress as I was short on money at the time of the order and needed a mattress delivered ASAP. The mattress online looked brilliant for the price they charged and it said it contained both springs and and foam.

Now I understand that the description says that 'colour and stitching might differ' and I would've been okay with the mattress being of a different color and/or having different markings on top of it, but this is certainly NOT what I've ordered. It's a springs-only mattress, thinner than the one ordered and of an entirely different build.

I've tried to ask for a refund, but they've said that I've got the right product and it just has different colors and stitching. Apparently they use the 'different colours and stitching' to basically say 'it's the same model' excuse whenever they deliver something else.

James, the agent to whom I spoke about the issue, said that he apologizes and one of the offers he made me is a £10 refund and 10% discount for a future order, which means he agreed with me that it was a missell and/or they've delivered the wrong item. When I've asked for a full refund in exchange for the mattress, he started saying that I've got the correct mattress and therefore will charge me £50 for the transport of the product, which is half of it's price!

It's been (yes, I've double checked) almost 30 hours since I've told James that I feel scammed for not being able to get my money back for a product I didn't order and he is still yet to reply to me.

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS!

This is what I've ordered:

And this is what I've got. Scroll down to see all 4 pictures.

So now I'm stuck with this mattress that I do not want and it's certainly NOT what I've asked for.

saraha175
1/6/18

Brilliant service, fast delivery and service, kind and friendly staff. They clearly care about their customers

jennyb81
1/4/18

Our bed frame was easy to put together. The mattress is comfortable. No problems. Good value for money.

ilidioi
1/4/18

Great quality bed at a great price. I've been struggling with back pain for a while but when I got my new bed all that was a thing of the past.

amandas286
1/4/18

My experience of using Beds. Co.uk was great ! Easy purchase through friendly and helpful warehouse staff and delivery drivers. Products are great too!

kalsumak
1/4/18

Quick and efficient delivery on a Sunday which was perfect for me, just after the Black Friday sale.

benz15
1/2/18

Good quality double bed which was delivered very promptly. Would not hesitate to recommend this company to anybody.

camillel18
12/29/17

The delivery man refused to take the item upstair. Called to complain the guy on the phone said theres nothing he can do. He only works on the phone. Worst online shopping experience.

Hello, Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that the items we sell are very good quality and we do sell over 1,000 items per day to people all over the U.K. We have recently been struggling with our review sites due the fact that we have not spent much time collecting positive reviews from happy customer, and it tends to be the unhappy customer who leave reviews. We do our best to resolve any problems presented to us by customers, and have spent a lot of time and investment on our staffing and products. Our customer service team are there for the customers from beginning to end and continue to support customer up to twelve months after purchase. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us on 0121 526 7305 Mon-Fri 9am-5pm or send us another message. Kind regards, Terri

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

I wish I researched and read reviews prior to purchasing from this company. Bad customer service rude abrupt and you can be on hold for an hour until you give up and cut the call. Nobody provides help I am still waiting for my order. Ordered two beds and mattress. Today received just one bad and it's in completely different aspect than advertised. Please stay away from this company I am seeking professional support to get my money back.

By Char G., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Please see other review sites to see actual reviews from customer who have purchased from us.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Had refund from PayPal, not the company. PayPal to their credit, gave me a full refund whereas the company wanted to take off £49 to return an item that in no way reflected what I thought I had bought

By Angela W., Beds.co.uk Representative

Sent them an email last week as I don't think that I have received a memory foam mattress as advertised, still no reply. Will advise trading standards next week if no response and follow up with small claims court if necessary

By Kenneth F., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi, Thank you for your message, I can assure you that your order will be with you if it is not already. Please email me directly on resolutions.beds@gmail.com or call our aftersales team on 01215687126 and ask for Tom, I will be more than happy to assist you further

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Ling, Could you please e-mail me with regards to your issue, My direct e-mail is julie@beds.co.uk. Regards. beds.co.uk.

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there Hina, With our mattresses we do advise of a 7-10 working days for delivery as they are ordered in via the manufacturers however if you stipulate that you need a product by a certain date we will book this in for a rapid delivery free of charge, However please send me your delivery postal code to julie@beds.co.uk and I will get this matter looked into for you. Bet Wishes Julie

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your question, It seems that you have not left a mobile number for us to contact you on. We have tried to contact you via the landline number provided but unfortunately we was unable to get through to you. We have since tried to contact you and was still unable to get through. In order for us to arrange a delivery we require a mobile number so that you are able to select the best available delivery date that suits you. We have automatically selected your delivery date for the next available slot which was Saturday 28th October 2017. Please confirm that this is convenient with you by calling 01215684946 - Please ask for Tom (EXT: 1033) Kind Regards Tom

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative

Hi there L.B, Thank You for your question, Here at beds.co.uk We do understand that it is tricky to purchase a bed frame or mattress on line as you cant see or feel the product that is why we have a dedicated and highly skilled team of customer service representatives who will talk you through any of our products, We appreciate all feedback , As a growing company we listen carefully to our customers so we can improve our service and products, All negative feedback is responded to and dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible, A lot of the reviews that are negative have been resolved but customer do not wish to update their review to reflect this which is the customers prerogative , If You have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact me direct at julie@beds.co.uk. Kind Regards. Julie

By Beds r., Beds.co.uk Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Beds.co.uk staff and other customers.

46 Photos for Beds.co.uk