AppliancesConnection reviews

Tel: 800.299.9470 x4309
support@appliancesconnection.com

lisab845
2/16/19

Zero stars should be an option for this business. Do not order anything from them and I'll tell you why. In August of 2018, I was finally ready to use a sizeable chunk of savings to create my dream kitchen. So, I placed an order on August 22nd with Appliances Connection via Alex S. It was a $8743 order, the most money I've ever spent on appliances. I ordered a Viking Range, a Samsung Refrigerator, a panel ready Viking Dishwasher and a Viking Range Hood. I carefully researched this appliance package with multiple appliance companies. The promotion that Appliances Connection was running at the time was no sales tax plus a rebate per Viking which included a "free" dishwasher. Since all appliances were white, I ordered a white panel for the dishwasher as well for an additional $350.

Not a single thing has gone right since the order was taken. First appliances to arrive were the range, the refrigerator and the dishwasher. All of them arrived severely damaged. My instinct was to refuse delivery on all of them. I called the customer support and was routed to Calvin Bittman the Customer Service Manager. CMr. Bittman begged me to accept delivery on the range and the refrigerator since they were somewhat operational. He assured me that all would be corrected quickly. Mr. Bittman also assured me that if I wasn't satisfied with the resolution that he would take the whole package back. The dishwasher was so badly damaged that I had to refuse delivery completely. Calvin assured me that a new dishwasher would be ordered and all would be corrected with the order soon.

Weeks later a replacement dishwasher was sent and the range hood arrived with it. The 2nd dishwasher was damaged as well and also inoperable. The delivery and installation team said they could not install the range hood because the order did not include a "self circulation kit." When I placed the order with Alex S. I told him there was no ducting to vent and he assured me that this unit could operate without ducting. He did not tell me that it needed a "self circulation kit" or that the unit needed an electrician on hand for install since it is a "hot wire" (no plug). I refused delivery of the range hood also because I have no place to store the giant box. Of note, I paid for installation for the range hood, but it still looks as if I'll need separate installation because of the "hot wire" installation. I called the call center and could not in touch with Calvin at the time and I was fed up that I contacted the CEO's office. The CEO's assistant quickly tracked down Calvin to assist, again. I explained all to Calvin and he assured me that all would be corrected and to "hang in there." On November 5th, over email I asked Calvin about a full return, he said I was still within the window for a full return. I asked him a follow up question about any fees or penalties if I asked for a full return and refund, he never answered that question.

I took another day of work off to receive the dishwasher for the 3rd time, the 2nd replacement. Immediately upon removing the packaging, the delivery and installation team pointed out the damage, AGAIN. So, for the 3rd time now, I refused delivery of another badly damaged appliance from Appliances Connection. I am DONE. I wanted a FULL REFUND for the appliances, the delivery and installation charges. EVERYTHING. I've never had a consumer experience like this. These are high-end appliances. The most I've ever spent and the experience has been awful. Plus, I've wasted untold and uncompensated time on the phone, over email and taken days off work, losing income, and I couldn't do it anymore. So I called Appliances Connection and received a call back from John T. who berated me over the phone for my complaints. I assume he called to try and make it better but he was belligerent and abusive. He complained to me how much money the company was spending to replace damaged items. He then proceeded to tell me that I was at fault for accepting delivery of damaged goods. I'm completely at a loss for how this company operates its business.

In mid-December I received a call from Calvin asking me what was going on because I filed a dispute with my credit card company. As I had a house full of people for a holiday party, I could not speak at the time. He told me to call back the following week to speak to Alex S., which I did but no one ever got back to me. I've also filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau also. Now Appliances Connection is telling American Express that the dishwasher included in the original package is a promotion that is no longer available and that model dishwasher is also unavailable and it cannot a. refund the fair market value of the dishwasher ($1518.00) or refund the white panel that I paid extra for ($350) b. that the package that I ordered back in August of 2018 is no longer eligible for the promotion.

It is now February of 2019 and I am still fighting this company to make things right.

Response from Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
Hello Lisa,
Pease reach out to me directly at Danielle.S@appliancesconnection or 402-782-5489 so we can discuss resolution.

gregb314
2/15/19

Five years ago I purchased a refrigerator from Appliance Connection without issue. Logically I thought ordering furniture from them would provide a similar experience. WRONG!!! Never buy anything except appliances from AC. Their process for handling other orders is horrendous and Customer Service is terrible when addressing damaged items.
Here is the story. My order was for a complete bedroom set which I knew was not in stock at their warehouse, but were supposed to be readily available. What I didn't understand is the fact that another supplier must first ship the items to AC before sending to me. It took forever. Finally, I called and found out they were waiting for one nightstand while holding up the rest of the set. After some discussion, they agreed to ship what had arrived and send the final item separately. That is when the nightmare began. While their shipper did fine with delivery once sent out, the main shipment arrived with several pieces scratched. Customer Service's remedy was to order a "Repair Kit" which I agreed to rather than shipping everything back. I found out later, the Kit did not come from the manufacturer as expected, but was a generic kit ordered off of Amazon. WTF! Then, the separate nightstand arrived, over a month late. It had been shipped via Fedex (their idea, not mine) and the front top corner of the nightstand was damaged. AC blamed it on Fedex and submitted a claim. After waiting another two weeks, I was informed the situation could only be resolved by shipping the damaged unit back and then a new unit would be ordered, taking another three weeks (more likely a month or more). At that point I was fed up and didn't want to deal with them any longer so agreed to a credit on the damaged nightstand.
Do not do business which these folks except for appliances!!!!!

damonk17
2/13/19

I purchased a downdraft from this company. The item came in as scheduled and packaged very well. No problems. However, I did not have enough space in my kitchen cabinets for it. I made the decision to return the item. I went through the process of getting an RMA # from the company. you answer questions, take pictures and then once I got the authorization, I mailed the item back at my expense. The company m3entions all these reasons as to why you won't get a full refund. I did everything they asked and they got the item back and authorized a full refund. They explained that it would take 7-10 business days to ge the money back. On day 10, I received some of the money, minus $148. I immediately called the company up and they explained they had made a mistake and would send me the additional money back. Which would take another 7-10 business days. On day 12, no money so I called them. They said they needed another 48 hours. 3 days later no money. I called again, and they said the manager was out and they could not authorize a refund until the next day. I told them I was going to file a claim with my credit card company and suddenly customer service found a manager. Who said they needed 24 hours. 3 days later, now a total of about 28 days and I still don't have my money back. So, I am filing a fraud charge with my credit card company now. This company had no problem charging my card within 1 day, but they can't seem to refund my money, even though their email states that i was getting a full refund. You might want to think again before using this company, should you need to return something. Customer service here sucks.

davidl1146
David L.
2/13/19

So easy. Everything I wanted in a shopping experience. Installation, removal of the old appliance, extended warranty.

Response from Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
Thank you for taking time to leave us your review, We are so glad our efforts are paying off and you had the opportunity to experience superior service. We are honored by your choice to do business with us.
Please add us on Instagram and Facebook to enjoy our most recent collection and promos.
-Appliancesconnection.com
davidt678
2/12/19

Ordering is easy. Have been provided two warehouse dates (after my own requests). Neither date has held. Going on three weeks since my order. Will not likely order from them again

sloaneh2
2/12/19

What everyone is saying about delayed shipping times is extremely accurate. I wish I would've never ordered from this company. I specifically chose them over a competitor for my couch because they offered "Express Shipping" - what a joke!! Express if you mean it's been 3 weeks since my order and they still haven't even received the couch to their warehouse (and then it's another 4-7 days once they receive it to their warehouse). Now they're saying the couch won't arrive to their warehouse for another week - so it'll be 5 weeks since my order when I finally (hopefully) get my couch. No communication about this delay either, I've had to email them multiple times. WORST customer service.

If you're thinking about ordering a large furniture item from here - look elsewhere. Their shipping times are lies and they're prices aren't any better than the competition.

seanc224
Sean C.
2/12/19

order process went smooth after months of looking around. The site is great with easy browsing and lots of fast simple to use filter choices!

tedb131
Ted B.
2/12/19

Experience is fine. Had a slight issue trying to set-up PayPal account but didn't use that payment option. That issue is due to user's fault and not yours.

Response from Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
Thank you for your review!
howards174
Howard S.
2/11/19

worst check out procedures. Shipping and billing address different, the system defaulted shipping address to billing address , not correct

eugenea36
Eugene A.
2/11/19

Overall it was fine, but I had to switch web provider because when I first went to check out, for some reason my zip code was missing. No matter what I did, it would not allow me to type in the zip. I had to cancel the entire order, go to the web site via a different provider and go through the entire purchase again. It worked the second time.

Response from Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
Thank you for your review!
williamb1031
WILLIAM B.
2/10/19

The ice maker arrived when I was not home. When I took the ice maker into my house and opened the package it had three dents in the body of the ice maker. If I had been home and opened the package while the driver was there I would of sent it back. I was able to get fifty dollars off the price but only after a great deal of argument. I paid for in home delivery and the package was left on the front porch. The item was dented at the factory because the packaging around the ice maker was not damaged and the ice maker was damaged. No I will not buy from this company again after receiving this damaged ice maker and having to deal with the customer no service people who basically called me a liar.

alexanderb138
Alexander B.
2/10/19

confusing about the express delivery--I paid for it--I really need this delivered asap please. My 89 year old mother is in the house with a broken dishwasher. thank you. .

baheejahf
Baheejah F.
2/9/19

I felt so reassured that this is the best place to buy my furniture because it has secure checkout, full descriptions, it’s clear, understandable, professional, and fair. Everything was easy and friendly. I really enjoyed shopping here! I also received multiple confirmation emails immediately! God Bless! Thank you!

marko175
MARK O.
2/9/19

So many choices I couldn’t get to everything but plenty things I like on just a few pages that I got what I wanted without getting overwhelmed with all those choices. One rainy day if I ever get unbusy im going to look at everything.

rhondal52
Rhonda L.
2/8/19

Wow that was amazingly hassle free and thank you for understanding that you can actually ship to Alaska!

michaelr595
Michael R.
2/6/19

Time will tell as to whether there is an increase or decrease in my review. So far I am pleased with the ability to see details of the various models offered. Delivery within the advertised timeframe is key for me as we are presently without a working refrigerator.

Response from Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
Thanks for your review!
jamesb726
James B.
2/6/19

Your app made everything quick and easy to process my order and to explain your warranties thank you so much

ians195
Ian S.
2/6/19

far supper website than any competitor. I wish I found you sooner to save headache. only point deduction was for annoying credit card offer every time I had to enter address information, even after I had declined the first time.

Response from Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
Thanks for your review!
bryanj43
Bryan J.
2/6/19

Great that I didn't have to create an account to check out. Really sleazy that the "send promotional texts" checkbox was checked by default and included "order status" texts.

Response from Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
Thanks for your review
matth273
Matt H.
2/5/19

Great site! Just bummed the microwave I wanted changed price by around $30 from one day to the next. I had to order it elsewhere. Otherwise, great!

jamesh593
James H.
2/4/19

Everything was delivered as per terms and expectations.
I would buy from appliance connection again.

ibrahiimk
Ibrahiim K.
2/4/19

My original delivery time was changed due to the delivery truck breakdown. They were very accommodating rescheduling to a time when i could be home again.

The actual product,summit compact fridge, im leas satisfied with as it is to loud for a home office and distracting when on conference calls and trying to work.

eileens107
Eileen S.
2/4/19

Good, however the title on the Frig was misleading and caused confusion (36" is the WIDTH, not the Depth).

conniez8
2/3/19

This piece of GARBAGE COMPANY SHOULD CLOSE. They have no products in warehouse. Ordered something on the website on November, it's now February and still have yet to send it! Unless you're willing to wait 1-2 years for the product don't buy. They HAVE NOTHING IN THEYRE WAREHPUSE!
All 5 star reviews here are employees and relatives of the company. DO NOT TRUST THE REVIEWS.

Response from Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
We are extremely sorry to hear about this, and even more sorry to disappoint a customer. Please reach out to me directly at Danielle.s@appliancesconnection.com with your order number. We want hear all about your concerns and address them in the most suitable way. We look forward to hearing from you. Your feedback makes us better.
Danielle.
otisc20
Otis C.
2/3/19

Your site was user friendly. We checked the price on this set with other companies and they were either out of stock or more expensive. Your prices are very reasonable. We're excited to receive our new dining set

-Appliancesconnection.com

We ship over 1.6 million orders per year. Of those shipments, you have viewed an iota of complaints against our company. Likewise, the positive reviews also outweigh the negative reviews. It seems that you have signed for the delivery without inspecting the delivery, as we have advised you to inspect it prior to accepting delivery. With our agreements with the manufacturers, if there are any issues with the appliances, they would first be subjected to an assessment by a manufacturer certified technician. If the unit is truly, in fact, defective, they will replace the unit. If you are shipping the product back to us, we will provide a refund once confirmation is available that it is en route back to us.

By Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative

STAY AWAY!!!!! We just ordered a $3,000 range from Appliance Connection. The range came damaged. The instructions say to start by removing the door. When the installer did this, the spring in the door bracket popped. First off, when you call you cannot talk to a person to report a defect. You have to use their ticket system. After a month of back and forth with their stupid ticket system, and the agent(s) contradicting themselves, they told us that it is obviously an installation problem, and they weren't going to help. Is this how you treat someone who just spent $3,000 at your store.

By Rabbi L.

Whoever is reading this DO NOT BUY FROM those Crooks. They are liars, 700$ later charged me for shipping fees of order I canceled due to no delivering for 4 weeks I wish I read the reviews!!! That company should be shut down for raud!!!!

By ania s.

We do provide installation services for an additional cost, please refer to the services listed under the item in the cart. We do deliver to the Los Angeles region, with free in-home delivery, there is also no taxes for shipments to Los Angeles, CA. (However, this item is no longer available for purchase)

By Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative

The estimated delivery date is fairly accurate when applied to items that are already in stock at our warehouse (please note, this does not apply to items that are listed as Available). Please note, at the end of the day, it is still an estimate it can be subjected to changes, and not a definite timeframe.

By Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative

Answer is you dont- Horrible company. File a dispute and they will lie and produce false documents against you. Good luck. They will drag this out forever. Dont talk on phone - keep an e-mail trail so you can show your credit card company.

By Sue S.

Please contact us directly and provide your order number, we will email you the rebate links/information.

2weeks minimum.

By Susan C.

The address of 1870 Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY is the location of the showroom displaying a plethora of appliances packages and also an exhibition of the Scavolini cabinetry. And yes, the showroom is open for customers.

By Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative

All items purchased from our website will be under manufacturers warranty. If you feel that you may need a dedicated customer service representative to act as the liaison between you and the manufacturer, we can provide that support as long as your order was with us, and that you are still under warranty.

By Harold L., AppliancesConnection Representative
Questions? Get answers from the AppliancesConnection staff and other customers.

AppliancesConnection?