Review of Amazon.ca

Seattle, WA 98109, US

14 reviews with 3 stars

christianb172
12/3/19
When I first joined Amazon prime Canada a person could order items any week days before lunch and get it the next day. Now it is not the case anymore. I order regularly from them and they are pissing me off. Paying prime for 2 day shipping is a waste of money. as an example if I order something on a Saturday fulfilled by amazon.ca I should get it latest on the Tuesday but no they even tell you as you place your order that it will be delivered on Wednesday. If you are not a prime member you will get it no later then Thursday. Why pay for prime and 2 day shipping when it does not exist any longer.
elizabetha85
11/24/19
Most items i have to send back so I'm thankful for free shipping and returns. A lot of the stuff is cheap, imported dollar store quality at a premium price, so back it goes. Like this cheap keyboard I'm using now. The space bar doesn't work every time, so back it goes tomorrow. Very frustrating! Delivery is good though not two days as promised but that's not a big deal to me. If only the products were quality I'd give Amazon 5 stars.
edf115
9/30/19
I have generally good things to say about Amazon.ca, but I've just had an experience that will make me more watchful in the future. I returned an item to Amazon.ca and they promptly sent a refund to my Visa card account. But what they refunded was the list price of the item, not the total price I was charged, which includes the 13 percent mandatory sales tax (HST in Ontario). I had to contact customer service to get this sorted. An inadvertent mistake on Amazon's part? Perhaps, but I wonder if others have had a similar experience. Either way, it's a good idea to keep careful track of your refunds.
shikl
2/15/19
changed my email address withoout my permission. retail dept was helpful but the acct dept did not want to speak to me as to what to do.
I cancelled my credit card. open a new amazon acct, saw 2 email addresses one belongs to me.
nicolen76
10/15/18
I have Prime and like others it's lacking in timely delivery. I also put a note on my account to put the boxes in the parcel box below the mailbox but somehow they can't read English and deposit in plain view behind my mailbox or at the door. For some reason I can no longer post reviews (posted over 500, mainly books) and bought 5919 items in the last 3 years. Now all my reviews are erased and there's no appeal to their decision even though I have no idea what I did wrong. Next payment for Prime will be cancelled and I will find my stuff elsewhere. I'm a professional reader and they just cut off one of my main plane for reviews.
amyy20
2/19/18
I used to order from amazon.ca on an almost weekly basis and I had an Amazon Prime account that was well worth the money. In the last eight months or so I have ordered a handful of times and have not renewed my prime membership. Their prices fluctuate so much and majority of the time their prices or slightly higher or the same price as their competitors (sometimes there prices are so outrageous it is laughable...and I am talking about both fulfilled by and shipped by Amazon items). If you do not have a prime account and choose the Free Standard shipping the orders take over a week to receive (my last two orders each took 8 business days). Prior to my prime membership free standard standard shipping would be received within 3-4 business days. They also used to have a chat option if you were having issues with your order, which was super convenient and quick. Now the only options are email or phone. I find I really have to make sure to read product descriptions and watch the return policy on each item. All of the changes made make it less attractive to order from here when I can order from a competitor for the same price or less with faster shipping.
michelb34
8/2/17
Think twice about dealing with Amazon as they will charge you with unauthorized shipping charges and they do not make it easy to advise them of the issues. I was quite taken aback when in one instance I was advised that Prime applied to both US and Canada and then advised differently. I just now noticed that they had charged me without my consent, I have not had a response yet. Unfortunately I dealt a lot with them in the past but if it is not shipped by them using Prime or by another supplier it takes a back seat. So If you want to pay $100 for Prime for shipping only it is not to your advantage.
jamest219
6/15/17
I have been an Amazon member since 2009 and enjoy the shopping convenience from home and their decent guarantee. What I don't like is their delay in shipping when you find a smokin deal. It does not happen all the time but I find approx. 50% of the time when I have found a really great deal I can wait weeks to months to receive the item. Sometimes the item never comes and you have to request a refund. I have put in multiple claims (all of which have been reimbursed) for items that never arrived. Is it just me or have others had similar issues?

Tip for consumers: Beware of delayed shipping when you find a bargain.

brianm281
6/3/17
I have been an Amazon lover. I've purchased many items in the past two years. In fact, it has been my go-to place for most non-food items. I niaively assumed I'd get the best price there. WRONG!
I heard about a great bbq brush. I checked it on Amazon.ca. It is $62. I then checked it on the US Amazon.com. - $16.95. I naturally assumed the Canadian price was a mistake. NOPE. The Amazon rep explained that sellers can ask any price they want for an item. Amazon has no interest in price setting or over site. The bbq brush was provided by different sellers in the US and Canada. UNBELIEVEABLE!!
So now I need to carefully price check every item I'm considering buying from Amazon.
ashleyy13
Emmaline W.
4/23/16
www.amazon.ca is okay. The website is great as far as safety and reliability are concerned, but it just seems lacking in most of it's other areas.

Tip for consumers: www.ebay.ca may be the better choice here.

bobr67
3/19/16
Amazon makes past reviews difficult to access. I could see only 5 reviews per view, then you click the forward arrow for 5 more. It takes too long. And if you leave the page, you lose your place.

Keep in mind, there are reports that many online reviews are fake. For example, this article in the Guardian: http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jan/26/fake-reviews-plague-consumer-websites

I wanted to quickly research a product on Amazon. There were over a thousand reviews, so let us see them! It would appear Amazon is hiding past reviews to protect the seller. How about protecting the consumer with a VIEW ALL REVIEWS button? Also a button to see ALL BAD REVIEWS? I think it's a scam.
bobs143
12/18/14
They had a couple of hard-to-find items at decent prices and reasonably quick delivery. I really don't like being known by a string of gibberish that I finally used after dozens of laborious attempts to find an available version of my name. I'll be first in line to switch when there are ratings to find similar businesses who treat their workers like human beings, never mind the price.
unhappyc12
12/29/13
I have ordered from this site a few times, and they're ok. I did have one bad experience but they were quick to resolve the issue.
The only thing I did notice is that there are certain things available on amazon.com that are not available on amazon.ca You can log into amazon.com using your registered amazon.ca log in, but they won't ship to you.
davidm83
5/24/12
I've never had a problem with this site, but I generally find that amazon.com has a better selection of the books I want, and amazon.com carries many more items than are available at amazon.ca. If I can find the item I want at amazon.ca and I can get a good shipping rate than I always order from here, but that is seldom the case unfortunately.

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Amazon.ca