VideoLAN

VideoLAN has a consumer rating of 5 stars from 3 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. VideoLAN also ranks 8th among DVD sites.

How would you rate VideoLAN?

“The Best.”

Shuren O.
12/3/18

VLC's been around for ages & it's simply put, the best. Afaik it's never once given me any problems. No lag, broken subtitles, long skip time's, loading media, crashes, you name it. It doesn't get any better than this. U can you use it to make. Gif's too.

shureno
December 3rd, 2018

U can you use it to make. Gif's too.
jasminem2
April 6th, 2011
This is the best for watching movies of all kinds. I've had no problems with it. I use it on my laptop and desktop instead of the DVD viewing software that came pre-installed. The picture even looks better. Also keeps up to date on all the codecs needed for. Avi so it's not picky about what it plays like a lot of players can be.
tn1
1,702 helpful votes
April 1st, 2011
Quicktime, RealPlayer, Windows Media Player - Nein!

I will only use VLC to play DVDs / video on my laptop. First of all, VLC is free. Second of all, it's not slow like Quicktime. Thirdly, it's not selective in what it wants to play the way Windows Media Player is - WMP says oh no, I want to play this psychedelic movement instead of the movie you're watching. Oh okay. I'd love to listen to scenes from Alfred Hitchcock films accompanied by psychedelic movement. That's quite fitting. Lastly, it's not buggy and doesn't totally ruin things the way that Real Player does.

www.videolan.org/vlc

Groups of students who watch an artist give live webinars were just recently prompted to down the videolan to watch his live demos. I have not had a chance yet to try it out.

By Bonnie C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the VideoLAN staff and other customers.

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg,...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or mu...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VideoLAN?

Have a question about VideoLAN?