Amazon CA

Amazon CA has a consumer rating of 2.14 stars from 345 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Amazon CA also ranks 17th among DVD sites. The most common issues with Amazon CA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 15.4%

No positive highlights yet

• Customer service says they will ensure it doesn't happen again..
  • I am lucky i even realized and saw the charge to my credit card.
How would you rate Amazon CA?

“Easy to get a refund if the product does not suit you generally as advertised”

Melanie D.
1/10/20

I buy almost everything on there and I like the fact we never have to pay for returns. They ship fast, you have to do your homeworks and read the critics for the product you want but the chances of getting a good quality value is outstanding. I totally recommend but one has to do his homeworks to read reviews and buy from a source who sold many items like the one you're looking for.

“Account specialists are a joke”

Randy W.
2/29/20

If your account is hacked - good luck trying to sort it out with support - the front line cannot deal with "Account specialist" - who in my experience are inadequate, they cannot communicate and no one can contact these people. Never ever park a credit card on Amazon - delete it after every transaction. Wasted 18 phone calls and about 4 hours trying to do the proper thing and help fix the hack - next time I will just contact the credit card company and reject the charge.

customer service (77) credit card (25) canada post (14) delivery date (14) order (173) items (79) 2 days (9) product (83) 2 weeks (7) gift card (8) 3 days (10) customer support (7)
sueellenp2
March 15th, 2020
I have been an amazon customerfor many years now, and there is one major issue thatkeeps popping up with EVERY order. Excessive waste in packaging and delivery!!!!
Items are always shipped in excessively large boxes and so called add on items are shipped seperately from the rest of your order. Last week i ordered a humidifier that was packaged in four (yes 4) nestled boxes and about 20 of those air filledbags.
In a time when we are supposed to bereducing waste, amazon goes out of their way to create excess.
GROSS
korkm
January 12th, 2020
Two weeks in a row they have misdirected our packages to other homes. One home owner was going to keep it, the other home owner called us and asked if we wanted our package. She advised us that they contact amazon.ca customer service and that they told her to keep our package. Dynamex and Intellcom are two of the worst shipping companies and yet Amazon insists on using them. We refunded the prime. May as well pay to have it shipped via Canada post and avoid their one or two day shipping which doesn't seem to be a good deal, especially if your packages are being misdirected. This is not just twice that this has happened, but after two weeks in a row we were fed up.
chadb184
March 23rd, 2020
My deliveries barely ever get to my place without hassle. It is mostly 2 delivery companies, but Amazon doesn't care to help. They say it is automatic chosen and can't help.
marinap47
January 20th, 2020
I have been A Amazon customer since 2007 on .ca and since 2004 on Amazon.com
And a prime member for over 4 years.
An Item I ordered was not received.
3 days passed the guaranteed delivery date.
I called Amazon customer service.
A supervise tells me she is going to give me a free replacement.
I asked her how is it free. I paid for it when I ordered the item. It is not my fault Amazon forget to send it to the currier( intel currier service) company based in Canada.
Upon calling the carrier it was conformed that Amazon never sent them my package.
Yet this women supervisor wants to maintain it's a free replacement.
This is the very first time I came across Amazon customer service agent that was not really a very good customer service agent.
Very disappointed.
mayy12
January 7th, 2020
Customer service
Order a turbo oven on Amazon.ca Dec 20 2019 it was shown In Stock, shipped 1-2 days. I wasn't given a delivery day. Dec 23rd got in touch with Amazon.ca customer rep., told me they do have in stock and is putting the item together (???) I will be getting an email in 48hrs. Nothing, I waited giving the benefit of the doubt due to the holiday time, still nothing. January 7th, contact customer services again, I was told it was out of stock in my area and I will have to wait. This rep. offer extend my prime for a month. That doesn't justified the false information they gave me and the time I been waiting for it. Then told me I will get a confirmation email when it is ready for delivery. It did not happen, ask to speak to a supervisor, I was told it was due to technical difficulties that I will get an email in 48hrs (same thing). I ask why was it listed in Stock when I purchase if they didn't have any in stock but was also told in stock on the 23th of December and I will get it soon that it was expedited but than now it's not available again. To my surprise, I get disconnected by the team lead with no response to my question. Got connected to a new, rudely said the best they can do is to cancel it and for me to reorder it right away for it is in stock now and ready to ship in 1-2 days. They just cancel the item without me saying yes to canceling it. Super rude customer services. If they had it in stock why not just ship me the item???
mb430
November 8th, 2019
Years ago Amazon.ca used to actually take pride in their service and products. I do find their customer service still fairly good but their Prime Membership doesn't actually guarantee anything. 3/4 items recently ordered did not arrive on time. Also the products have been used or defective. Since returning items is free it seems they don't actually care if the product is as ordered inconveniencing you is part of the process now. Wayfair, Amazon and Walmart all use 3rd party sellers and all of them have become "buy at your own risk" vendors. I am no longer ordering online as I am tired of the time investment required and the constant disappointment.
larsf13
July 5th, 2019
Purchased a $32 item handled and delivered by Amazon. When received it was found defective (and in fact the seller lied about the product too). When trying to return it, Amazon sends me a slip stating they will refund $2. The cheapest return price (all within Canada) is $12. So convenient for a major mail order company, and cheap of them - we alone carry the risk as purchasers. I then started the process of closing my account. Here more than 24 hr later after 4 emails, 2 calls and 2 chat sessions they still cannot close my account.
janets516
September 1st, 2019
Three problems with orders.
1. Packaging has been much over packaged, wasting a LOT of paper and plastic and cardboard - in today's climate change world, this is totally irresponsible.
2. Amazon will keep offering you "Kindle Unlimited Membership", again and again, even after you have purchased this. I only realized today, that over a year have repurchased this twice, thinking I had refused it before. There is no way to cancel these purchases, so beware and check you records on Amazon to see if you have purchased this already, before you fork out another $9.99!
3. Packages from across the world are not designated as such, but are often poorly packaged, sometimes with damage to the goods, and to send it back requires you to put the parcel in a new package, and send it all the way back over 1000's of miles, often over oceans, for recompense for a smallish or large purchase. So, before ordering, check to see where the package is coming from.
jf276
October 16th, 2018
I recently ordered a book from Amazon.ca, this was to see if they were fast as Indigo. I paid for the fastest shipping option they had available, but for some reason this hasn't helped them ship it faster. They just can't seem to compete with Indigo, it was my mistake to think they could. Nice website, lots of products, but I think it was a bad idea to try buying from them. I'll consider them for other things, but they lost me when it comes to buying books. Don't pay for the premium shipping method, it's not worth it.
aimeew24
November 13th, 2018
Amazon believes if the shipper just drops off parcel on porch and it disappears it is my problem. I didn't receive my item...I am out money....but not their problem. So for all I know shipper could say it was delivered and walk away with it or a person on the street can walk up and help themselves. At least Canada post puts it between doors or leaves a pick up at outlet card. I am out money and they don't care.
I used to be really happy with Amazon. This has caused me to want to close my account and I spend a good deal on this site
anni10
January 21st, 2019
Amazon use to be the good and cheapest now they are getting greedy.
Save your money and buy directly from the seller and skip Amazon all together!Pleas stop purchase form Amazon and support small business,
peterm149
June 2nd, 2019
I have been an Amazon Prime member for years now and up until recently, everything was going really well. I have noticed a sudden change with their shipping performance. I am still a Prime member and placed a few orders using the offered "guaranteed next day delivery". Not only did the items not arrive the next day, but I was told by Amazon that they wont arrive for another 4 days! Lucky I did not have to pay for shipping, but I have to say I was shocked at this turn of events. I will take this as a warning to myself, not to buy essential products anymore from Amazon and to just drive to the store to ensure I get what I need, when I need it. Its really a sad situation and disappointing turn of events.
patf120
August 14th, 2019
Paid extra for 2 day shipping. its been a month and my producrs haven't even shipped yet. They're at the Canadian warehouse but apparently don't ship for 1-3 months.
staceya28
January 25th, 2018
Purchased many items from Amazon.ca. Until recently I have never had an issue, well maybe some late shipments.

I have been trying to get a refund from a supplier(Online Happy Shopping, name now changed on item list) that does not return any emails. Notified Amazon CS. CS are not getting a response from them either. They said they would ensure a refund and started a claim. Well one month later and nothing. I could not leave any valuable consumer feedback regarding the supplier or product either. Feedback was not constructive??? I believe it was??? That's why I am here.

Another purchased item has proven defective for me. I now have to pursue the manufacturer for warranty. Only 30 day money back.

The amounts I have saved on these defective purchases doesn't offset the hassle and inconveniences i have experienced.

I have read that "sold and shipped only" through Amazon is the way to go. Not sure if that would eliminate all hassles but it may help.

Both of my bad experiences have involved third parties. I recommend staying away from them and will do so myself from now on.

I have enjoyed buying on amazon.ca up until these instances. Where is paypal?? I see why they aren't involved. I will proceed with caution when purchasing from this point and search locally for items. A good lesson to learn to set me back to the way I used to but things. Shopping with my feet not my fingers....oh I miss the 80's....
roxannel9
August 9th, 2017
Amazon needs to get rid of INTELCOME Ordered 160$ of stuff off amazon and well received a package of a 2$ dog brush that i did not order nor was it addressed to me. Opened it thinking it was the stuff i ordered And well where is my package? No one knows. But it was delivered some where. Never had a issue with amazon for 6 years and i am a heavy amazon user. Incredibly dissatisfied and disappointed that they would go through such a bad rated delivery company. INTELCOME is robbing amazon blind.
haroldl40
September 20th, 2018
• Updated review
I had purchased a case for my Oculus Rift S headset from Urbansun through Amazon.ca which at the time stated for $12.98 they could deliver the product to me with in a few days. I waited the stated time period and then contacted them to ask where my shipment was and was advised by Urbansun that they had made an error on the Amazon.ca web site and the goods would not arrive on time but would arrive from China within a few weeks. I had asked for a refund on the express shipment cost of the $12.98 and they advised they would provide me with a credit once I received the goods. ( was dealing with Eva and Abby at the Urbansun should had know by then there was a problem not issuing the credit right away) Just want to let everyone know beware of this vendor they will not keep to their written word. I after several months waiting for my credit ( which they stated in a email they had already processed )and asking them why they offered a credit for $10.00 not the $12.98 after they stated they would refund shipping.When I suggested I would contact Amazon and have them look into this problem I was giving a credit right away for $10.00. It's not the $2.98 that I need its the principal that they are not keeping their word.( I will stated here that the product they supplied was of good quality) .I get the following response and I quote

"Sorry for your inconvenience.
We had contact before if there have any ways to make up for your disappointment?
Will still issue free shipping if you willing help to remove negative review.
Best wishes
Abby "

You can see if I will remove my review of their poor service from Amazon they will refund the balance of my credit. So beware of dealing with Urbansun via Amazon.ca.
Service Reps make statements that Amazon corporate will not back up
September 20th, 2018
• Previous review
IT all started when I purchased a 3d printer, upon arrive I discovered that I could not level one of the corners of the printing bed. Thinking that I was new to the printer I was making a major mistake in the leveling process so for 3 weeks I tried to correct the problem to finally discover it was a defective unit and decided to return the unit to Amazon and purchase a new unit ( unit cost is around $750.00) I talked to nice lady called Soorya and she advised I could not replace the unit as it was from a 3 party but she could suggest I get a full refund and then re-order a new one. I told her I didn't want to order another unit at that cost and have the two on my credit card unit the return completed. She told me once I had taken the unit to the postal office and they could confirm it was on its way to contact Amazon and they would help me with a full refund so I could go ahead and purchase the second unit and only have the one charge on my credit card. So as of September 16 I contacted Amazon talked to Naveena and she now advises they can't issue the credit as per Sorya and it would be the normal 14 days from receipt of goods at their warehouse, upon questioning her on Sorya statement she offered to provide me with a credit in 3-5 business days from receipt of my goods. I wasn't happy so asked to chat with her next level of authority and was pass on to Robert. Glad I went up the ladder because all he said was it would take 14 days from receipt of the goods at their warehouse? As you can see it just gets better and better every time you talk to someone !!! I guess I would like to warn everyone that reads this review that Amazon can't backup any of their employees statements and they seem to just tell you want you want to hear and not react to a customers request. I have spent thousands of dollars with Amazon and I am starting to think its time to start thinking if a person should purchase any items from the on-line giant that Amazon has become. I would have happily lived with the 14 day wait period if two of their service reps had not promised me shorter wait times when I ask. Just wondering how many more people out there are having the same or similar problems with Amazon.ca?
tuulah
December 28th, 2018
tried to order an msi video card from their site. My credit card was declined twice without a reason. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my card (used it afterward to purchase the item from another online vendor without any issues) Tried to use another card and got a new error this time restricting me to 0 of the items. I contacted their support and was told that this was a limited item and i could only purchase 1. since i had tried and couldnt due to some issue with my credit card (which definitely was on their end) the failed attempt counted as my one purchase and i was no longer able to buy it! WTH??? I took my purchase to newegg where i used the same credit card without any issues to purchase the item.
This is ridiculous! Terrible customer service!
daisym33
September 24th, 2017
Amazon continuously uses a sketchy local carrier, Intelcom, despite hundreds of negative reviews from dissatisfied customers. Their solution to my parcel not getting delivered was to send out a replacement...by the same horrible carrier! I pay for Prime and yet I've been told by 2 different CSRs that if I want my parcel to arrive on time I need to have it sent to the post office and go pick it up. I've been assured that my feedback and concerns have been sent to the carrier team but nothing gets done and when I ask who I can speak with directly on the carrier team I'm told that info can't be provided. Horrible customer service by Amazon - they might be saving a few $$ by using a shady courier but they will lose far more than that in customer orders.
billyw34
August 16th, 2016
Amazon advertised a big music sale in August 2016, up to 80% off selected items it said. And I ended up spending several hours browsing through their catalogue, picking up what I thought were pretty good deals. However, within a week, half my order was cancelled because of "incorrectly posted prices". Now I feel I wasted all those hours browsing through their immense catalogue. I still got some good stuff at great prices (this is why I'm giving them the extra star) but I would have likely not invested the time if they were just going to cancel half the stuff I put in my cart. Advice to Amazon: Don't advertise a sale if you cannot honour your prices!
margaretw83
June 15th, 2017
I ordered a canopy replacement for an 8'x8' Gazebo. It said it would be deliverded June 19,2017 then it said it was delivered June 13th. but it was not delivered to me.
It was delivered to what might be a bogus address, Walnutport PA US. I live in Newcastle On. Canada. I can not get any help from Amazon Ca and they have my money. I can't get any answere to my problem and I can't contact the seller. I think the seller is a scammer.
johnc849
October 20th, 2017
If your order is wrong and you return it to Amazon you will not get your return postage back so be carefull when you order from them I had to find out the hard way that it would have been cheaper to throw the item in garbage and take the loss
kawaiin
January 19th, 2017
I ordered 2 squishy packages off amazon for my Daughter and The first one was good but the second one was Bad. The second one contained non squishy Squishys and Duplicates. I do not suggest ordering squishy packages off amazon.

Tip for consumers: Do not order squishy packages off amazon.

journeyh
Journey H.
September 16th, 2017
Amazon frustration and disappointment with terrible, customer service.
This week I made my first order from Amazon, It was a camera and accessories for a birthday gift. In trying to track the order mid-week, I couldn't log in. I followed the instructions to change my password but still couldn't log in. After a few attempts,and emailing Amazon, with the problem, I decided to phone (how old school of me). I went to the Help tab for the contact number, but it turns out to get the phone number you need to log in. It was like a trick. Eventually I set up another account with a different email to get the customer service phone number.
I phoned and talked with "April" who told me my account was put on hold but knew no other infor and will have an account specialist call in the next 24-48 hours. She asked if got an email, to which I said no, otherwise I wouldn't be calling. I asked to speak to a supervisor who would have more infor. I spoke with "Diane" who had the same powers as April. Diane did tell me that a Manager or Account Specialist would call me in 2 hours. I was skeptical as I had no reason to believe this based on the experience so far.
My thoughts were correct and no one phoned. I called and spoke with "Josh" who knew nothing further and gave me another supervisor. This supervisor gave me the same story that an account specialist will call this morning. I said I don't have any reason to believe this will happen and to cancel my order. She said it can't be cancelled because the account is on hold and only and account specialist can do this.
I have no idea how this will turn out but have never experienced customer service where there is no communication with the customer, lies are told to appease the customer with no follow through, and I can't cancel the order.
davidt85
May 17th, 2015
Yes that is a big BUT, The similarities end at the name, Amazon.ca is Amazon.com without the huge and varied inventory, the low prices the quick shipping the great customer service the ease of returns, I could go on but I think you get the point. Besides Amazon.ca is just really for Canadians that don't live close to the border, smoked a joint when they were a kid and the Americans still don't trust you, who knows what you could do now you may be a well respected Surgeon by day and family man by night, but deep down the Americans know that joint was not a onetime thing you have something evil brewing in what is left in that drug addled mind, or you have not figured out the shipping forwarders yet (the fact that they exist and how large and industry it is becoming speaks for itself) Or maybe some think that if you shop on Amazon.ca you are buying Chinese crap locally? I was joking here and really hope that phenomenon does not exist.
On a positive note if you do need cable or something from China and you are not in a hurry...at all. They have a pretty good handle on selling you Chinese goods that in a couple of months you will get a knock on the door, by this time you have forgotten what you ordered or the technology has already become obsolete. but you still do get to show your friends "look what I got all the way from Hong Kong. I forget what it is or does and the instructions are in Mandarin but look at the cool postage mark and how little the postage cost why we can't send a letter across the street for that" (plus it would take longer).
I bought a replacement Samsung phone battery that way, it was cheap and counterfeit of course it would not hold a charge long enough to turn my phone on. So then I had to try and guess where to dispose of it, It looks like a battery but act more like a piece of wood, pretty sure there was no lithium in it so I tossed it in the regular garbage..gasp, Yep that is what I did and it haunts me to this day.
heidir9
March 26th, 2015
I use amazon.com all the time but I live in Canada so I ship items to a family member in the States. I would love to have the convenience of shopping from home but it in no way compares.
4 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.