Amazon CA

Amazon CA has a consumer rating of 2.13 stars from 348 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Amazon CA also ranks 17th among DVD sites. The most common issues with Amazon CA are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 14.8%

• I ordered Moodeng Womens Snow Boots on Monday, Dec 10,2018 And I got it 2 days later, Dec 12.

• Customer service says they will ensure it doesn't happen again.
  • I am lucky i even realized and saw the charge to my credit card.
How would you rate Amazon CA?

“Easy to get a refund if the product does not suit you generally as advertised”

Melanie D.
1/10/20

I buy almost everything on there and I like the fact we never have to pay for returns. They ship fast, you have to do your homeworks and read the critics for the product you want but the chances of getting a good quality value is outstanding. I totally recommend but one has to do his homeworks to read reviews and buy from a source who sold many items like the one you're looking for.

“Account specialists are a joke”

Randy W.
2/29/20

If your account is hacked - good luck trying to sort it out with support - the front line cannot deal with "Account specialist" - who in my experience are inadequate, they cannot communicate and no one can contact these people. Never ever park a credit card on Amazon - delete it after every transaction. Wasted 18 phone calls and about 4 hours trying to do the proper thing and help fix the hack - next time I will just contact the credit card company and reject the charge.

customer service (77) credit card (25) canada post (14) delivery date (15) item (123) order (174) 2 days (9) product (84) customer support (7) 2 weeks (7) gift card (8) 3 days (10)
randyw30
February 29th, 2020
daveh593
June 25th, 2020
Having several issues over the past week including a shipment that was not delivered and other issues I continued to ask for a Customer Service Rep / Mgr to speak to in Canada. This is impossible and all parties either live chat or on the phone refused to do or try to have someone call me. Instead again I wasted over 1 hour of my time and still frustrated!
jc1139
June 4th, 2020
I have been shopping on Amazon for years and always pleasant experience until got scammed from a 3rd party seller by confusing product information, misleading me thought there were 10 box item in my order but seller only mailed me 1 box. Due to covid19, when I received my item, it could no longer be return anymore (already passed last return day) and seller refused to refund my money. I tried to email/call Amazon but there is no customer service at all.

If you're going to place an order from a 3rd party seller, please be careful.

Tip for consumers: Avoide ordering from a 3rd party seller.
Find a 3rd party seller with good reviews(by many users not only few)

sarahs1757
August 10th, 2020
They took extra money out of our account without our permission. They asked bank for permission to take the extra money and not us. No notice on what they were doing. I called and got the run around and got hang up on second call and how rude. Cancel our order and the first person I talk to said it would be 3 to 5 business days to get our money back and second person said 7 to 10 business days to get our money back. That's ridiculous! This make us not want to order from amazon.
russellm311
April 17th, 2020
I used Amazon (Canada) for years with usually no problems, then since March I have had multiple amounts withdrawn from my account only to get notices that my payments have been declined and the product isn't being shipped! I've wrote emails to them and repeatedly tried to reach someone but because of covid 19 there is a lack of customer support and anyone really keeping an eye on transactions. Unfortunately our bank can only block future debits so needless to say I will never be shopping with Amazon again. We live in a remote community so online shopping is a necessity for us and our friends which Amazon will no longer be part of.
aprilm594
May 11th, 2020
Don't get your account hacked cause they won't help you at all. Its been over a week and I contacted them again and all I can get it "we are sending it to our high priority accounts department" no one ever contacts me back. You would think they would hurry up when someones account is in danger. Not impressed I am done with amazon.
hanhn13
August 8th, 2020
I dont know how Amazon.ca work. They so stupid only know my money and no more responsibility to fix issue. I add one product for selling they take over one month we try for ask why but only get automatic email after 2-3 business days they will feedback but never see anything from them.
ramonr67
June 29th, 2020
I ordered a pack of 100 N95 masks that was supposed to be delivered by May 20 but it came on June 10, I wouldnt have had a problem if the package was just late, but aside from being 20 days late, it also came with only 10 masks out of the 100. It cost me about 23$. But I'm bothered because it could be only returned by May 30th, which would be impossible since the package arrived on June 10. And I wasn't able to contact amazon by phone, email, or customer service directly. I am very unsatisfied.

Ramon Ruiz.
dannyh189
July 5th, 2020
I just ordered batman mask of the phantasm and I never received it yesterday I get that theres less carriers due to covid19 but that's no excuse for me to keep waiting for my item. So disappointed
kc471
May 26th, 2020
I ordered on May 14 and saw a delivery date by May 25. When I got the receipt it said delivery by Nov 26. Can you imagine Nov 26. Then on May 20 I get a message that it was shipped and got a Canada Post tracking. It is now May 26 and when I track Canada Post message is that the client made a electronic ticket but the post office hasn't received the package yet -6 days later. They have also put the charge to my credit card. I can't get in touch with them and am really dissatisfied
patricko184
June 17th, 2020
Amazon is a bunch of crooks I only say that for the simple fact that I ordered a screen a week ago and kn the day of delivery I get an email saying my item is cancelled, you charged my credit card a week so I was under the assumption and made plans for the item Wednesday june 17 2020. So I decided to go look up my items and they said they had no stock and wouldn't you know they have the item but they raise the price by $50 which in my opinion is completely unacceptable, I know I cant cripple amazon but I sure my experience with everyone.

This is the last time for amazon will rip me off.
dwaynem81
June 3rd, 2020
I don't know what has changed or what has happened to Amazon since the new year but it is becoming almost impossible to deal with this company anymore for me. Almost every order I place gets flag for suspicious activity. Account gets frozen with no help at all from their 'accounts help line'. There is no helpful customer service to speak of in this area and you are left stuck with no idea of why they think now, after I have spent thousands of dollars on their site in the past, these orders are anything but legitimate. It is to the point where it is not worth the time and frustration to shop on Amazon any longer. I know I won't.
ursulad8
March 15th, 2020
Ordered items that were to be delivered next day. 4 items and it looks like everything being sent separately. All items were ordered at the same time. Didn't realize till I read reviews that items come from China and repackaged in Canada. Very bad customer service.
gregh449
December 29th, 2019
I ordered a lot of stuff! Only a quarter of it came. My account is on hold and I am required to contact amazon.ca for instruction. When I call they don't have a clue band say an accounting department will contact me, which no one EVER does! So now I have no idea what's ordered and what's not! This was t6he worst way to shop and EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! A very bad experience shopping online! What a sham!
mousew
January 27th, 2020
Here I'll take your money & not deliver your it's, or you also paid for next day shipping? Nah you don't get a thing

$#*! Amazon lol
charlotteb350
May 9th, 2020
I made an order and it was not delivered within 4 weeks so I contacted the seller who asked for another 2 weeks. I agreed. It still was not delivered. I asked for a refund as this was a birthday gift and I could not wait any longer. I was told by the third party seller that I would not receive a refund until I sent back their item and PAID THE SHIPPING MYSELF to do so! When I tried to contact Amazon, I got a No-Reply Email stating they would not be responding to me due to having less staff on, and offered me a bunch of links that could not help me.
Now I am out the money for my father's gift! I have no gift for him! I do not have the money to buy another gift for him! And they want me to dish out even more money to return the item I never got and probably will never see!
darlenes236
June 13th, 2020
Maybe if I write it enough they will get the hint. I cancelled my prime in February and they keep taking out the fee. Left several messages with no reply. Worse place ever. I even deleted my credit card number but somehow they keep taking it out.
jeremyp34
May 17th, 2020
I placed an order for this item on April 30,2020. I know there is a pandemic going on that slows down shipping and delivery. I got a guaranteed delivery date for May 12, then it got moved to May 15, then no delivery date. They said "we will email you when we have a delivery date". Someone said from amazon "check back within a week", I did and nothing. There was one more left in stock, then a couple days later item currently unavailable. Amazon said "were sorry it's out of stock" but I ordered one when they were in stock. I canceled the order after all that waiting. Getting my money back. Amazon is crap.
sylvs
May 25th, 2020
I was loyal amazon customer, until march 2020. Product didnt come, was told it was lost. I asked for a refund and neither amazon or the orginal shipping company will respond. Will think twice about ordering again from them
annav127
December 27th, 2019
I have been an Amazon Prime member for about 5/6 years now. 3rd party sellers should not be allowed at this business as Amazon does not take responsibility for them. There is a tab you can select to see only Prime products however this does not work as I'm still only seeing 3rd party sellers. It's getting harder and harder to see Amazons products. Like almost becoming obsolete. I use to like Amazon Prime but sadly it's gone downhill. I hope another company like Amazon opens up so I could switch. Pictures below shows seller advertising FREE SHIPPING the other shows its false and is trying to charge me $6.99 at checkout
tonyg310
June 2nd, 2020
Amazon is simply a broker that hosts third party sellers. Similar to eBay. Check seller rating and reviews. Sellers are overseas including China. Expect two / three month delivery. Support for delayed items, tracking numbers and refunds are simply referred to seller.
No meaningful customer support.
skyes12
November 16th, 2019
I've ordered stuff in past years with Amazon and was pleased with my purchase. However this year I've ordered a couple things, and every item was either damaged or faulty. Prices used to be good but now it's an arm and a leg for shipping to the point where I can get it cheaper in a brick and mortar store. What's the point of this site anymore unless you have prime. Waste of my time and money. Not happy.
soheilk2
July 16th, 2020
I recently order a kid bed for nephew. Amazon just to save money or for whatever reason used Canada Post for my delivery.
Yesterday I was checking my order status And showed that I have already received my order I noticed that security at front desk did not call me to notify me. Immediately I called the security desk to figure out what exactly happened asked them if they have got my package and the answer was no.
Canada post driver just dropped the card instead of the package. Apparently the package was heavy for them to deliver. Next thing I noticed that they want me to pick up the package my self.
Well at this point I was pissed off not because I haven't got my package just because they have lied to me. Well I decided to go and check the security cameras guess what driver walks in no package and drop the card that shows I missed the package in and out 1 min.
This is not the driver fault or Canada post. This is Amazon fault that uses unreliable Delivery method for their Prime Members. As soon as I find the alternative I'll be moving on and take my business somewhere else.
I build studios for living and I have many content creators as a close friends
I do create content my self in my free time
Believe me I can spread the words supper easy.
Peace.
jaye216
August 9th, 2020
Paid the extra for prime instead of the extra 30 bucks for shipping to get an item on the same delivery date. As a result it still has not showed up three days later, shouldve just paid the extra for the shipping.
The drivers dont even make an attempt at delivery half the time just mark it as attempted.
After all this ive also found out that this item is old ald no longer being produced. I found a newer model of the same item direct from source and its cheaper by almost a hundred bucks. With FREE shipping.
Do your research on every item and make sure you cant get it cheaper and or faster anywhere else first.
brucem360
June 21st, 2020
• Updated review
Here's yet another example. A product known as a Pet Wedge, which by the way is an excellent product for removing pet hair from the interior of a car, can be purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond for $5.99 is listed on Amazon. CA for $59.00. Always price check!
Overpriced
March 11th, 2020
• Previous review
I had been very happy dealing with Amazon CA until I had two recent price comparisons. First a Tagine pot by Uno Casa being sold in Canada for $261. The identical pot sells for $57 at Amazon.com. Second a paint product, Flood Flotrol listed for $61 Ca. I can purchase it for $36 in a local paint store and $14 in Home Depot U.S. what's going on. I can no longer make a purchase from Amazon CA without first doing careful price comparisons. Originally, you could be confident you were getting a good price but no longer.

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.