Review of Amazon.ca

Seattle, WA 98109, US

176 reviews with 1 star

jessicab974
12/9/19
I had place a large order for Christmas gifts where a payment of 167.44 was taking out of my bank for these items then was told there were not enough funds for my order. When calling amazon I was first told the payment had bounced upon calling my bank I found out this payment did not bounce. Call amazon again I was told another story that something had gone wrong in their warehouse and they had canceled my order a couple days prior and the money was going to be refunded. Check amazon order on account it doesn't show that my order had been canceled so I cancel this order. Call amazon again was told that this order that the warehouse never canceled my order like 2nd guy told me on the phone but they had refund my money took a couple days. I then reorder these items on their own instead of in one big order I was then charged twice!!! For each on of the items. When I call amazon again I'm told there was just a authorization done the first time but only the second payment had come out I clearly state I was charged both on the 7th and the 9th for each one of these items. They then tell me that they did take the money out on the 7th but had canceled it because the order was not ready for shipment then recharged me on the 9th for these same items. I have still not received refund for their mess up on the 7th so it looks like I'm out 200 for over charge on their part. I am so a prime member and will be canceling my member ship and never ordering from amazon again
saffronb2
12/4/19
I recently learned that Amazon allows third-party sellers to sell any item they deem marketable. The Netflix series Broken actually mentions Amazon in their documentary. Most of the third-party sellers are not Canadian I have learned that Amazon allows third-party sellers to sell fake versions of branded items. There is no way for us the consumer to know they are fake, third-party sellers also re-issue returned items some in used form and some new. I myself have received many items that have been used and returned. I am no longer buying off Amazon.ca.
Recently I have also experienced Amazon not guaranteeing any deliveries. In order to get a refund you have to wait a mandatory week to see if the item shows up. I threatened them as it is illegal for them to do this regardless of their policy they cannot hold your money hostage when a delivery date is guaranteed. The consumer does not know this but you do now. I experienced this in ordering pillows that came from the US and never arrived in Canada. I educated their manager and received my refund in less than 24 hours.
With the education I have received through documentaries and online investigations Amazon is no longer considered an online resource for me.
johnnys155
11/21/19
don't buy here if there is any chance there may be a problem. they are masters at dragging a problem on and on in the hopes the unhappy customer will give up. i had a problem but after 4 or 5 messages back and forth, i gave up. an old familiar scam is to answer your problem with a comment about how good their service is and forget about dealing with the problem. once you have paid they don't really give a hoot. stay away from amazon and deal with a local department store.
skyes12
11/16/19
I've ordered stuff in past years with Amazon and was pleased with my purchase. However this year I've ordered a couple things, and every item was either damaged or faulty. Prices used to be good but now it's an arm and a leg for shipping to the point where I can get it cheaper in a brick and mortar store. What's the point of this site anymore unless you have prime. Waste of my time and money. Not happy.
kennyc56
11/13/19
Same day delivery is not same day, waited from 8:00Am to 9:00 Pm and was told the parcel is delayed one or two more day. The liquid bandage is for my dog's wound, how can I wait that long!!
jessn26
11/10/19
They locked my account and, for some godforsaken reason, you can't access the "contact us" page while your account is locked! I need to cancel an order and I can't because these dimwits don't allow access to their email or phone number. Absolutely ridiculous. Site layout is a $#*!ing joke.
kalpanik
10/26/19
Amazon is misleading many customers with their reviews posted. They only post good reviews on their products. I tried to review the product I received honestly and they didn't post it saying its not according to the guidelines. Never ever shop again on that website. It's full of fraud
cr287
10/10/19
They wouldn't approve my honest review of their service, so here I am. Purchased over $75 worth of food from Amazon.ca and all of it came either expired, or nearly expired. Wouldn't recommend ordering anything that has an expiration date from Amazon.
angelam533
10/6/19
I can't even describe how hurt I am by the horrible and abusive treatment I've had from Amazon Canada - three weeks ago I was locked out of my account by Amazon with no email or phone call explaining why this happened - I have had to call Amazon 5 times and the final time just when the representative at account change department was almost ready to unlock my account ( 40 minutes later ) the call was dropped and the man did not call me back even though he knew it was my fifth call and I was more than frustrated - I then cAlled again and was told by a manager that I had to start all over again and the manager was extremely rude to me - then a new representative came on and began to yell at me that I was being rude and that I needed to speak in a more polite tone ! Needless to say after 3 weeks and five phone calls and 3 hours of my life I still don't have access to my account . I'm through with Amazon ! After 10 years and thousands of dollars spent Amazon proves they could care less About me and my business ! I'm done !
williamf381
William F.
9/18/19
Amazon.ca sucks big time, I will never use them again,................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ EVER!
josephm739
9/12/19
amazon sent my parcel to the wrong address and when I talked to one of their representatives i was assured the parcel would be sent on Saturday. Today is Thursday and I was told today, the item was being sent back to the shipper and the item would not be delivered.Their representative is a liar and I will not be dealing with crooks any more.
shannonc377
9/11/19
I returned two of the same computers at the same exact time. One of them got processed right away, the other one took over two weeks to get my refund back. Dealing with customer service was a complete joke as they just kept saying the same thing even though they knew my item had been delivered to their returns centre. I have ordered a table from the past as well and it came to my house damaged with dents in it... the return process for that took over a month. Be careful with what you order!!
annr203
9/6/19
I was assured by Amazon Customer Service, 4 TIMES, that they would not use Intelcom courier service for my parcels. Well guess what??? Yes they did. 5 TIMES after I called. The last customer service rep admitted they had lied to me as they have no control over the courier service! So another parcel does not get delivered to me!
I have cancelled my Prime membership and will not shop with them again. Shame on me for trusting and believing them.
rickp142
9/3/19
Amazon.ca made a mistake with vehicle and refused to pay return shipping charges.
I ordered a brake kit for a Toyota and Amazon sent the kit for a Chrysler/Dodge.
Amazon admitted to the mistake, however, Amazon refuses to pay the $100 shipping charges to return it.
Amazon sends what they cannot sell and claims it is a mistake, and then makes it difficult to for you to get your money back by not paying the return charges.
kellyg251
8/22/19
I ordered two items with delivery 3 -4 days and now it is confirmed for mid Oct, we are in Aug. They will not cxl my order nor give me back my money until Oct. Then they gave me a $75.00 promotional certificate which cannot be used, because you can only choose certain items but those items are no longer available. So out 85$ + 75$ . Amazon equals Fraud
Never again
aa276
7/28/19
I order for business daily as well as personal use. Amazon.ca continually changes their shipping times and you receive items very late. The date you get at checkout is often different than the email confirmation you receive once the order is confirmed in an email.
Shop elsewhere, as Amazon could care less about your experience.
sebastiena6
7/25/19
Amazon routinely delays shipment of preorders, especially if you preordered early enough to benefit from the fluctuating sale prices on their website.
Expect to wait as much as a week beyond the release date of an item as punishment for preordering early.

One customer rep told me that the shipments are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis, but this is clearly BS as you'll be able to order the item the day before it releases and ensure delivery the very next morning. You just have to cough up the full retail price and forego any discount you may have received for preordering early.

And for the record, your prime membership means nothing to them. It's advertised as a way to get fast shipping, but you can expect to be the last on amazon's priority list. You're the sucker they've already managed to reel in to spending 100 bucks on a worthless membership. They don't need to do anything more to impress you.
jackd133
7/25/19
After receiving an email from Amazon.ca this morning I went to purchase a 50ft. garden hose priced at $28.61. Once added to my cart, it showed up as $34.99.

Confused, I returned to the previous screen thinking it was a glitch. I had to do this a few times because I couldn't understand why on one page the price was $28.61 and in the cart it was $34.99. Out of frustration, I called Amazon and they agreed it was a priced but refused to check me out at the lower price.

I think people should know this occurs at Amazon and of course customer service is none existent despite being polite and all. It sickens me when I here call center staff say "sorry, there's nothing I can do to help you"

This is why I remain content to drive to a store and pick up what I want to buy. Its priced and I buy it for the marked price. Amazon is fraudulent in bating and switching as they did this morning.
annec252
7/3/19
Do not buy anything from this supplier. Also, Amazon won't allow me to post a one star review of them. This feels conspiratorial - disallowing negative reviews. I'm not sure which company is worse; the failure or conspirator.
debbief139
6/28/19
3rd time they went outside their 'guaranteed delivery date.' I was very patient before, this time I absolutely needed the items for a scheduled event the next morning. They don't have the courtesy to contact me about my package being delayed by possibly a week: I have to followup with them. By the time I do the courier is closed so they apparently can't do anything until morning. So I suggest fine call the courier in the morning and get this order cancelled because I don't want to see it at my door: I am told by supervisor she is coming in at 3pm and can call them then. But they may deliver package earlier in the day. I emphasis that is a waste for me as I will not be able to use it anymore and I don't want the hassle of printing out return labels and taking to courier office for mailing out: I am told to just refuse the package at door. THEY JUST LEAVE IT AT THE DOOR WITHOUT RINGING DOORBELL. what, am I suppose to stay sitting on the porch all morning to make sure I can refuse the carrier? I tell phone agent this and suggest she pass on info to a colleague or another supervisor with morning shift so they can do this cancellation with courier. I am told something so stupid that I am still reeling from it: 'you will have to callback tomorrow morning if u want this to happen. We are not allowed to share your data with apparently even our colleagues in the same company with same level of security clearance as us. So you need to call yourself in the morning and do all this followup yourself. Again. From scratch." Nothing said or done that can possibly assist me. Moreover, just seems will be more headache for me to go return useless product that I don't need anymore, and the running around involved early morning to find suitable replacement items for my event. I have swore and gotten angry maybe 3 times in past 30 years, this situation tops them all. No regard for cx pain, no feasible action plan to help them, keep repeating the same bad service and set untruthful delivery standards without remorse. I doubt it will happen but I hope they go out of business
ians205
6/28/19
I've had Amazon Prime for several years and it makes no sense to me that they still use Dynamex as a courier. I have yet to have a package arrive on time, and in many cases, at all.

With 611 bad reviews on Google about this Courier all related to Amazon deliveries, why on earth is Amazon still using them?

1.3 out of 5 stars is the average... complete waste of time.
Amazon... wake up and pay attention to your customers. If you cannot offer same day or next day delivery because this is the only option, then so be it... I would rather wait then to have to deal with this very incompetent courier.
danilom10
6/22/19
Careful about ordering items eligible for prime delivery. Not true. Ordered a bike May 23 and finally delivered June 18. After I complained, they promised a $50 refund on my card, but later it was changed to gift certificate. That's how Bezos became the riches man on the planet.
merles26
6/2/19
PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!! Do what ever you can to protect your Amazon Account because if you get hacked, Amazon could care less!!!!! Here is my experience:
-Account hacked
-$2000 gaming card purchased
-person who hacked my account forgot to change the shipping address before the item was shipped
-I received said item and this is when I learned my account was hacked (they changed my account password at the same time)
-I informed Amazon Customer Service
-They froze my account until an Account Specialist could look into the fraud
-Account Specialist can only receive info from Customer Service not the customer directly and only communicate with you via email
-I was informed that the charge to my account would stand and to take up the fraud with my Credit Card company
-Account unlocked
-I informed my Credit Card Company who were very sympathetic and helpful, they wiped the charge off of my card
-I RETURNED the fraudulently bought video card
-Amazon reimbursed me the shipping costs (Small point in their favour for this)
-2 MONTHS go by and then suddenly my account is locked again
-amazon.ca Account Specialists send an email stating it is locked because my credit card company will not pay them for the fraudulent purchase BUT THEY HAVE THE PRODUCT RETURNED TO THEM!!!!!!!
-3 emails have been sent by me to clarify that they are not out any money
-amazon.ca Account Specialists haven't bothered responding
-Contacted Customer Service to cancel my account (I have a Prime Account) and to ask for a refund for the month I have had the account locked
-Informed that they can't do that and he matter needs to be referred to an Account Specialist
COME ON AMAZON.CA - GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES - ME AND MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY OWE YOU NOTHING - have your Account Specialists accessible by phone and stop screwing your customers
-Informed that they can't cancel the account
francheskas
5/27/19
Amazon is a complete ripe off and becoming a prime member is worse. Your charged a yearly membership fee only for them to charge you more for every item that you purchase! I ordered a matress from them that has yet to be delivered and four days after calling continuously the Supervisor TELLS me that I refused MY order. Which was completely false. He finished off with an attitude as though I should not have been frustrated. Complete lack of regard for customers. I definitely will not a sucker for I'll treatment. Save yourself the headache and go to a store physically ,especially for expensive items.
haiqingz
5/20/19
I ordered two items of heating pads on May5,2019, I am supposed to get it on May13 according to the receipt, but so far nothing happened

Don't believe their delivery guarantee. They are late 4/10 times and are unremorseful for it

By Debbie f.

I've never had to pay duty on anything from Amazon.ca, even if it was shipped from another country.

By Chris L.

Used to be but appears they may be changing their policies which effects anyone using the free shipping. The warehouse is in Brampton.

By Mary L.

Happened to me. Just another sneaky way that Amazon operates. Welcome to the club.

By Danilo M.

Certainly unfair.

By Chris l.

Questions? Get answers from the Amazon.ca staff and other customers.

14 Photos for Amazon.ca