Review of Zillow

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

michaelo87
3/29/17

Over priced, coc-ky, ego centric a-holes. They have no concept of reality when it comes to their product. They are over priced and once you spend the one and they lock you in the contract they could care less about you... It's on to the next one, to keep the commissions rolling in. Shame on you Zillow. If you keep burning your customers, you won't have their loyalty for long.

maryh301
3/24/17

Three yrs. go I was new to Pittsburgh, PA, and happened upon Kim Davis from the NORTH WOOD agency in Allison Park. She'll put you at ease as you traverse the piles of forms. Not once did I feel skeptical of her advice, and in the ensuing 3 years all has been well. We continue to touch base about market conditions as my 3 millenials are approaching home ownership, and I could conceivably downsize due to aging. She is knowedgeable, honest and extremely pleasant to work with.
Mary aharrison

barbaran60
3/16/17

We have rented our house in Chapel Hill for over 6 years. Red Door has been great at selecting renters that are responsible and respective of our property. Any repairs or issues are handled promptly and in a professional manner.

karenp146
3/7/17

I as well as several other realtors have tried this lead generation program. Do not waste your money on these garbage leads. They work based on impressions so anyone that comes onto the website is what they consider a referral (bad names, bad numbers, pre mature buyers/seller and window shoppers). I do not even know how it is legal to sell these so called "referrals" and then sell the same "referral" to at least 25 other agents. You should be ashamed of yourself Zillow.

lindah256
3/4/17

Morgan and her whole team are awesome and helped us build our new home. We have never had a Realtor that actually was involved like Carolina life. Professional and on top of everything. We would never use anyone else other than Morgan Brinson Fann.

travisp26
2/23/17

I'm writing this review because its well deserved. The experience I had working with
Seth of Thrive and Bill with Eagle Home was amazing. Starting with Seth helping me
find the home I was looking for and Bill and the Eagle team working with me to close
my loan. The process was fairly quick and straight to the point. No half stepping at all to make this goal happen for me. I really appreciate everything. Thank you guys so much. You guys will make any buyer happy with the process. Buyers in the Denver area look this team up and your experience will be just as good as mine.

monicaf27
2/12/17

I am looking for a home in Melbourne, FL. I found a home at 1469 Stewart Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32935 on Zillow.com and contacted the realtor, Patricia Balciunas, who apparently goes by the name of Tricia Ziehler with RE/MAX Interactive and not Keller Williams as the site states in the listing.

I contacted Tricia on 02/11/2017 regarding the property, to which she responded by asking what my availability was. (I told her.) Shortly after, I received a phone call from a representative who stated that Tricia was not available that evening, but would be available the morning of 02/12/2017. We made an appointment for 10:00 AM EST.

I then received an e-mail from Tricia the morning of 02/12/2017 stating that the property had been sold by the time I had expressed interest in the property, but she asked if I would be interested in her looking for additional properties. While I was disappointed that she had not just told me upfront and frankly that the property had already been sold, I still would have been interested in speaking with her except...I waited for her call the morning of 02/12/2017 at 10:00 AM EST, and she never called. I had even received a "confirmation" of the meeting time at 9:48 AM EST. While I was waiting, I had texted back twice, once at 10:17 AM EST asking if she would be calling me, and second at 10:28 asking if I should assume that Tricia wasn't going to call me at all. I then responded to her last e-mail conveying my disappointment in her lack of professionalism and my desire to work with a realtor who would be responsive and helpful, stating that she, apparently, was neither. At 12:03 PM EST, I received a phone call from the number I had been contacted from last night and this morning regarding my "appointment," which I ignored. That was quickly followed up with a text message at 12:04 PM EST asking to reschedule an appointment that was supposed to have occurred from 10:00 AM-11:00 AM EST. (I cannot understand why they didn't attempt to reschedule any time before 11:00 AM EST.) Of course, I declined to reschedule and restated my complaint. I received a response within minutes, apologizing that I was not "able" to "connect" with Tricia, and then directing me to the "Agent Finder" tool at the top of the page on the Zillow website. I declined to use this tool. I would rather go through, apparently, more reliable channels to find a referral for a realtor.

I submitted a complaint to Zillow.com to let them know that they lost a customer today, even though I doubt they'll do anything about it. After all, what is a single potential customer to them? However, they can rest assured that I will look at other websites in my new home search. There are so many others, in fact, that I am certain I will not have a difficult time finding new homes to view/review. Nor will I have any trouble finding a more reliable agent and/or service looking elsewhere, given how many other websites and "Agent Finder" tools exist today.

karenm294
1/12/17

In 2016 I refinanced my Home Loan with Caliber in Alameda.Ca.... Garrick Werdmuller and his team were very knowledgeable and helpful every step of the way. I would highly recommend using their services. I even received a Christmas gift by mail ( much to my surprise), a token of their appreciation. Great Job to all........

andrewh153
1/1/17

He lied to me and played games when tried to get title insurance. He even made a joke of this situation by sending an email about me and my lawyer to me instead of someone else. Not a good person to do business with.

brianl107
12/20/16

Hi !
My name is Brian Lynn i am a realtor from Canada who was looking to buy in the Phoenix area.Picking a good realtor is always difficult.My wife and i stumbled across Gus Palmisano,Keller Williams,Mesa.Gus turned out to be a very good find for us.Helpful,honest and very knowledgeable.If you are looking for help buying or selling try Gus he was excellent.His cell # 602-565-1314.

michelet21
12/8/16

Need to update. After talking with an agent HALF OF THESE ARE NOT EVEN FOR SALE ANYMORE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE.

carolw105
11/16/16

Hats off to Judy Pendarvis with edgefield realty. She has gone over beyond to help us. Great job...Carol Wade

nadiat5
11/12/16

I applied for 3404 helix st , 1 bd appartement for cdcpm a lady was contacting me every day by emails asking for different kind of papers and proves for me and my daughters after many many Email contacts and after i gave them all needed information and paid $70 for the application they answered unfortunately you application Denieded without knowing the reason why they just like to collect application as many as they can they said they chossed someone els today i am checking the appartment in this site it is still available !! How is that do u want to disappoint more peaple as happened with i thought it gonna be for me then it looks like it was already rented for some one els i even told the lady i would prefer if you told me you dont have any availble than going through such hard situation we trust u you be honest with us

brunod18
Bruno D.
11/4/16

Our realtor kept us informed almost on a daily basis. She aggressively used all her marketing skills to effectively sell our home within 60 days. Personable, efficient and knowledgeable. It was a pleasurable experience. Bruno & Karen DiNella

kathys132
10/23/16

Don't ever believe their estimates. They are clearly wrong and I even tried to contact them to report it but I have received nothing from them on some houses they are so off that I am wondering who at zillow decides the cslie

kathyg67
10/22/16

sean connelly from North Shore realty pros sold my home in 1 day then assisted and guided me through the process I am an out of state seller Sean helped me get the the best price and we are very happy with the whole experience from marketing ,photos and landscaperer Jimmy Broadbent you are the A team thanks a million kathy grima

edm476
10/2/16

We have been working with Stacey Kochanek from Keller Williams for the past few months. She has worked really hard to help us find the home of our dreams, and I am confident she will very soon. Ed M.

peggya14
9/18/16

This company should be shut down. They steal from realtors. They promise you leads and deliver nothing in return. Please don't lose money as I have over 24,000 dollars with no clients not one! It's beyond me how the NAR BRE and CAR don't intervene for us realtors who they are supposed to protect. They allow them to take our listings and sell the leads we generate back to us and other realtors. Total FRAUD!

ts184
9/15/16

Zillow is a joke. Beyond me how they come up with the Zillow 'Zestimate' price. Every thing I looked at did not even come close to what they say. Besides, how do they come up with it without looking at the place.
To write a review of an agent on Zillow requires long comments, the size of an essay, in order to get it on their review site. Just rating by stars is not enough for them. They want to frustrate the reviewer with having to write a bunch of bs. .
Zillow is totally untrustworthy and their home price estimates serve only to mislead.
Don't waste time on their site.

bernief9
8/27/16

Once our house sold all communications stopped. Yes Merrill did check our house when out of town . The culmination as when we sold our house in Chandler and spoke to merrill advising we must stop back to pick up a few personal belongings .nothing was stated once recoding done you can't go back. Upon returning to our house to get a few personal belongings buyers parents who are also realtors threatened my wife with calling police swore at Janice and threw our medication and a few things on the garage floor . Yes the house was recorded ; normal people don't act in this irrational manner. Speaking with merrills wife during the chaos nobody from relavation realty went to our house to diffuse the situation because it boils down to selling the house our agent no longer cared and we were no longer sources or revenue to Merrill Jencks .

da24690
8/23/16

zillow and trulia are the same company and they have listed my home neighborhood incorrectly and refuse to correct it, they say it is a mapping issue , bs , my home is for sell and they show the neighborhood as a vey undesirable area ....it is seriously hurting my marketing ability I would like to contact other homeowners in same area to file a class action against them.

quentint8
8/21/16

Just closed on an San Antonio investment property with Micah Harper of Exquisite Properties, LLC of San Antonio, Texas handling my sale. Micah kept me in the loop throughout the process with sound advice and good counsel. The buyer was somewhat disorganized and the tenant was a challenge to schedule with. However, Micah worked through all of the details keeping all parties on track and on schedule. This was not an easy sale to coordinate since the property was in San Antonio and the owner was in Georgia. However, Micah did a great job where some other agents simply refused to list the property. If you want it sold, quickly, honestly, and within the window of your asking price. Micah Harper @ 210-494-1695 or Micah@ExquisiteSA.com can get it done!

Quentin M. Thomas

ericg69
7/30/16

Love Zillow, found the home that we are buying on Zillow (FSBO) and since that was such a good experience we listed our home (FSBO) on Zillow. We used the Zillow Zestimate to help determine the price and our home sold in 6 days. I couldn't be more pleased. Even though the realtors appear above the Property Owner, this did not affect our sale. I put a picture in the profile and I think that makes the Property Owner stand out. People familiar with buying FSBO will contact owners and feel comfortable buying that way.

Creating the listing was so easy. I typed everything in my word processing program and then copied and pasted into Zillow. I easily uploaded 50 photos in no time. I took my photos on my iPad and they came out excellent on the Zillow site. Also I had a question and I contacted Zillow and received an answer within an hour! I was really impressed. What I also like is that it is so easy to edit and update information. The edit feature is great and also the ability once pictures are loaded to drag them and move them thus changing the order. We saved over $15,000 dollars in commission fees. What's not to like. Would always use Zillow anytime I need to sell a home.

thomasm191
7/28/16

March 2016 we had our Realtor in TN locate a Realtor here in Longview, TX. She recommended Dona Willett with Summers Real Estate Group. Dona is like talking to a friend and we felt comfortable with her soon as we met. Once we found the house their were some issues, and she stayed on top of it up until the closing. We are talking 7 long weeks. While she was on vacation she called from the airport checking on things. If she was out of the office Brandy stepped in and helped. We could not have asked for a more personable, professional agent. Always up-beat with a ready smile. We closed on our home 6/27/16
We highly recommend Dona Willett with Summers Real Estate Group.

Thomas and Rae Marie

rickt43
7/26/16

I have had my property on Zillow for less then two weeks and I have received of 28 annoying calls from realtors pushing to get me to list with them. The reason I chose For Sale By Owner is because I do not see the point of paying 2-4% to a realtor who does noting but the three Ps. Picture in the MLS, Posts a sign on the property and Prays that some other realtor brings a buyer.

I now believe that Zillow broadcast to these predatory realtors who inundate the FSBO individual with pointless and harassing phone calls. I clearly stated in the Zillow ad that I was not interested in a listing agent or any other service that a PPP realtor may have to offer.

I have had one SIMI-Legitimate offer from a potential buyer for 80% of the asking price of the property. The potential buyer is actually from a property flipping group.

Zestimate WRONG: I believe that the reason I have not gotten any real buyer offers is because the Zestimate is grossly incorrect. My three level town home has the third level completely finished, with a ¾ bath, a sauna and a small kitchen area. The level can be used as a Family room or an apartment for older persons.

A unit four door down, with the same floor plan BUT without the lower level finished sold LAST MONTH for $225,000.00. My unit, with the lower level finished, a newer furnace, newer double pane windows and updated lighting, is listed for $235,000.00. BUT the Zestimate provided by Zillow and NOT BY ME, shows the value of my townhouse at $197,000, I have a valid market analysis of my property that states the fair market values is $237,000. The Zestimate is $40,000.00 less then the market analysis. I noticed that the unit that sold for $225,000.00 is not considered in the Zillow DEVALUING process of my home.

Also the Zillow web site rates the elementary school in the area as sub-standard. I have never heard that statement made about any of the schools in the area. I have not been able to determine where Zillow got such incorrect information from.

If I were a buyer and I saw property advertised for $235,000.00 but the advertising service stating that the property is only worth $197,000.00, I would skip that listing and not bother to call the seller.

Zillow does not disclose the success rate that FSBO properties experience with their on-line ad service. Based on what I have experienced, I would ZESTIMATE that success rate to be very low.

I am pulling my listing off of Zillow this day because I believe that although they provide a good system to advertise your home, without your permission Zillow enter false or highly inaccurate information that may prevent you from selling your home.

190 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zillow staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question