Review of Zillow

Tel: 1-206-470-7000
press@zillow.com

jt129
7/21/17

0 stars. takes months to update new information, if at all. consumers are mislead with out of date information. Zillow is trying to steal the consumers from the trusted, accurate mls's. it's how theyre making their money. Lets shut down overzealous zillow, who dont know the real estate market and steals the info from our mls, and put our money back to the trusted mls who works hard to keep clients, and participants well informed daily

loannec
7/20/17

We updated our house and I edited the home facts on Zillow. Instead of going up, the Zestimate went down $ 61,000 in one day without any explanation. Our neighbors went up $ 12,000 in the same month without any updates. No one has returned my email/phone call.

I am happy to find out that currently there are 2 lawsuits pending regarding Zestimates.

jena80
7/20/17

I have had three children attend Mission Montessori, but sadly I have had to remove all of them from the school. If it wasn't for the teachers in the Pre K classrooms - we would have never stayed as long as we did. They are warm, caring and have great hearts. However, the administration and the policies at this school is where this school has lost our family.

This last year we had to abruptly withdraw our 2 children because Mission was not adhering to a high enough standard. The classroom has become overcrowded and this has left a huge strain on the staff. One day 2 assistants were sick (there are no substitutes) and this left one overwhelmed teacher to to teach many 3,4 and 5 yr olds! Playground time is often taken away for the ENTIRE class if the are to many disruptions. Why should my 3 year old miss out on play time because somebody else is not following the rules? That is absurd. There are so many kids in the room unsupervised that kids frequently use the restroom with the door open, which is unacceptable. Also, during lunch the kids cannot speak during the entire lunch period. I could go on and on, but the final straw came when my 4 year old son came home with his Curious George shirt turned inside out without even the courtesy of an explanation. To us this is unacceptable. No adult should be allowed to remove the clothing of a child for any reason beyond a potty accident.

We prepaid our tuition and were denied a refund for the remainder of the school year, citing a 30 day notice that we did not give.
It has been clear to us that this schools number one priority is making money. Adding more and more students to an exhausted teaching staff They are very adept at turning a deaf ear to the concerns of parents.

Let me repeat, the Pre-K teachers and assistants were terrific, but your kids will get lost in the classroom. Once we transferred to a different school with more appropriate class numbers, it was like we had brand new kids that could not wait to go to school in the morning! We received frequent updates through email about their day and even had a chance to chat with the teachers after school! What a difference. Mission Montessori had a good thing going, but the desire to cash in has led to a huge decline in their campus.

williamm318
7/20/17

Wrote a review and found out Zillow coordinate's their response with the reviewed agent/company - Censorship

jamesm676
7/13/17

Erroneous and non-factual valuations. My home just dropped 30k in the last 60 days (12%). Their Zestimate history now has changed and shows the current Zestimate as the highest in 5 years. Previous Zestimates from as recent as 2 days ago which was 9k higher (yes, I dropped 9k in 2 days) is not shown on the graph. They are a total joke and should be put out of business. Harmful in many ways to the buying public. Banks do not recognize Zestimates as credible for loan purposes. This company needs sued big time!

shellys51
7/13/17

I don't even know where to begin. Non existent consumer support. My pictures magically disappeared about 3 weeks ago - therefore, no one is viewing my home. I have sent 3 extremely kind emails asking for help. To no avail. They have not responded. When you call the zillow "customer service" line you can't speak to someone unless you are a realtor as they are "paying" for zillow. For sale by owner leave message, which is probably an un monitored mailbox. Yep, you guessed it! No one has returned my call.

Also, zestimates are not even close to being accurate.

dorin30
7/11/17

I have tried to post my home on "make me move" it states that there is a 72 hour "verification" period. It is now one week later and still home is NOT posted!!! Called several times and the cust. service rep stated that it is still being verified. Give me a break!!! I am going to the competitors and listing my home with them!!! Zillow you suck!!! AND I would give no stars but have to put something.

rosannef3
7/11/17

First I listed my parents home in Chicago and the Zillow estimate or crazed "zestimate" was off by $100k. Zillow refused to change the price even with a formal appraisal. I had to contact the CEO, Spencer Rascoff, via Facebook to escalate the issue. He "explained" that it was just an "estimate" and nobody took it seriously. Really? Zillow should not have any right to price your home and the fact that this impacts the sale should cost THEM money!

Secondly, I listed my rental home; again, I had nothing but problems from day one. If you are a rental apartment you listing perpetually says "just updated" but for the rest of us, the clock ticks and days are shown. If you remove your listing, you cannot reset the clock; if you make a significant improvement to your property, there's no place to note it. There is no place to put an open house either; apparently they only want RE agents and apartment complexes to do business on their site, not FRBO or FSBO.

I am SO frustrated with ZIllow I wish there were a class action suit in which I could take part, Mr. Spencer Rascoff, CEO of Zillow. I hope you are out there listening for I'd rate your company a negative one.

wendym119
7/10/17

My listing (stating to be patient--taking 72 hours to approve and post) has said this for about a MONTH now.
And no response.

christines72
7/7/17

zillow maybe ok if you are looking to buy BUT if you are trying to SELL your house, its a racket. i listed my house 3 weeks ago and had this 72 hr hold on...why? then i received a phone call asking Q about my house which was all on the listing. the agent said another 72 hrs. its been 3 weeks my post keeps saying its "off market" and i was contacted asking if i want an real estate agent to help me sell my house !!! wtf?? i wanted to do it myself. left 3 messages and never got a phone call back. i seen my neighbors house pictured as a foreclosure house when in fact its not and not even on the market. bottom line ... they like to play games. i rate them a negative 1000 if i could, a one star is way too over rated

trishg8
7/6/17

I need to extend our gracious thanks to Hal Blake of Richmond Realty Advisors in Staten Island, NY for helping my sisters and I in selling my parent's home. When deciding to put their house on the market, we were guided by Hal's expertise and professionalism. To our surprise Hal sold their house for us in one day. Yes that is correct one day. Hal was instrumental and helpful to both us the seller as well as the buyer. We the seller were stress free because of Hal's assistance. I would highly recommend Hal's service as both a seller and buyer because he truly worked for both sides.

marilynh33
7/6/17

I have had terrible problems with Zillow. One time I was unable to remove the property I had listed for rent. A property I had for rent a year ago is still listed though I tried to remove it multiple times. Now we have our home for sale and can't change the photos. There are duplicates and triplicates online. Hate this site.

brianb243
7/5/17

I have worked with Dan Richardson for over two months no matter how i wanted to give up he reassured me that it will work out and he their with me and help me see that i can be a home owner some we looked at six and seven houses a day made sure the home i purchase that i would love to come home too if your looking for a good realtor i recommend Dan Richardson he. Your guy

kevinb161
7/1/17

Zillow has had inaccurate information about my home on their website for almost a year. I have written to them on four (4) separate occasions to get it corrected. Every time they reply with the "there's nothing we can do" response.

I even sent screen shots showing how the search results don't even match the address entered, but the "Help" people again said, "Nothing we can do about it."

So the data they have is incorrect, unreliable, not factual, points to the wrong addresses, and they can't do a thing about it.

Recommend you use other resources.

deborahe24
6/29/17

Kevin Akers Realtor for Charles Rutenberg Realty Inc. Is a outstanding worker. Kevin is very professional he does his job with confident and pride, when he say he's going to meet you somewhere to see a house he is there on time before you get there with the blinds open to sunshine, he can wheel and deal with negotiations to get the price right for you in any purchase that you are looking at. He would send you houses constantly that suit your financial needs. Kevin has lots of patience, when you get discouraged he encouraged. You can call him anytime and he's right there. The very first day Kevin put my house on the market 3 bedroom 2 bath with a two car garage and a sunroom we got a offer, we counter-offered and sold it by the second day. I was very nervous because I told Kevin I was going to be homeless he said don't worry we will find you a house and he did. He was very persistent we closed on my house March 23rd and two weeks late we landed on a good deal with another house and we was able to close on that. I say he's an outstanding guy because I had to work 5 days a week and I couldn't make it to the title companies. Kevin would take the check for me go out of his way over and above. He kept me in the loop by emails or phone calls. If the deal wasn't right in my favor he would tell me let's wait because he knows when to say yes or no at the right time.
Even two months later I've been in my house Kevin is still working deals to get me what I deserve. I had plumbing problems here at my new house and he got the seller to pay me money back that was needed to correct my plumbing which was $1,500 Wow what a blessing. Also Kevin would meet the inspectors, roofer, exterminator or anyone who had to come out to the house, which kept me from leaving my job. If you want a good realtor to stand with you and not behind you remember kevinmovesyou@gmail.com. Way to go Kevin!

allenc50
6/29/17

Zillow allows manipulation of prices. example property has been listed say with auction com aka auction con, which bids up the property internal, Zillow uses last bid for price sale or no sale, wait these bids are generated by auction com. how can they use them? property may have ran through auction com many times and bid generated by auction com, yet Zillow uses the last bid price..watch this scam Zillow is aware of this and allowing it..

richh37
6/28/17

I reviewed an agent that more then a pompous ass to say the least and Zillow removed it and I redid it and because it wasn't a positive review they won't post it.

That says a lot about Zillow.

garyt73
6/26/17

Don't waste your time. The only sure thing about Zillow is every realtor in the country will get your information and phone you daily. For the buy owner Zillow doesn't work.
Its a gateway to realtors not buyers.

janb95
6/25/17

I listed my home on June 21, for sale by owner. I filled out the requisite information and received an email saying I had 'claimed' my property. I was told it would take 72 hrs to process. After 72 hours I had no response. 114 hours later, I finally get a call to verify my listing. (I am happy that they verify this)

Rebecca was difficult to understand and did not appear to have the most basic real estate knowledge. She kept asking me where I submitted the listing from, over and over again (for 17 min). I answered the question, repeatedly. She refused to list my property, saying that the listing didn't match. (!!??!!) This continued even though the property records indicated me, as the owner with an Indiana address. The same address that a Google search would indicate owned the phone number I was talking to her on. These two searches would have taken less than 5 min. Clearly there system is screwed up.

Additionally, the information about the neighborhood, estimates etc., are not correct. I cant believe the level of incompetence and the potential loss of income I have experience in last 115 hours.

sandrac117
6/21/17

I so highly recommend this guy. He is relentless for his clients he never gives up never says die. Every time I turned around there was another obstacle slowing down the sale of my house, but Joe never gave up I truly believe if it hadn't been for him I would have given up. Thank you for being one super realtor

michaelp322
6/21/17

I placed my house FSBO on Zillow. They are reporting to me that my house is doing good, 0ver 2500 hits in 17 days, 26 saves, and #3 in search out of 19 houses in the area. I stated no need in real estate broker, however, all the calls I get are from the real estate brokers. It is evident that all that Zillow is providing is a leads to the brokers in the area that want 6% commission. Contacted Zillow but no solution offered.I think that if you are posting "for sale by owner" all the inquiries should be directed to the owner only, not the brokers that have no information about the house,

sx
6/20/17

Every time visit the Zillow website I leave frustrated and annoyed.
One of the worst user interfaces I've ever seen. There's just too much wrong with it to go into details.
It's interesting to browse properties and see supposed zestimates, but aside from website issues the accuracy and effects on the industry are questionable.

sharons224
6/10/17

There should be a law prohibiting zillow from posting any kind of estimates. They are not a legal estimating company. They aren't licensed to make a legitimate estimate. They make slanderous estimates, meaning they are totally wrong.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Zillow.com

patricks133
6/10/17

I put my house up "for sale by owner" on Zillow and they have potential buys calling realtors that I have no relationship with. I was never contacted by a principal buyer. Total fraud!!!

tonyw88
6/9/17

I have a house that has been on market for three days and has still not been posted on zillow website. So people that go to zillow are not seeing all homes in Seattle area. Not a very good thing for home buyers.

190 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Almost every real estate search site is driven by MLS listing information and if you don't list, chances are very good that sites will have different and often conflicting info. Zillow allows one to claim a Zillow listing and put up your own details and photos, but you really need to have every site accurate. Our solution was to list through zerotolist.com, which charges buyers a small fee that we are offering to pay. This instantly cleared up all our internet listing inconsistencies. That being said, the majority of our showings have come from small signs at intersections within a mile of our house, and flyers we distributed to 35 businesses in our area.

By Steve G. on 7/16/15
Helpful answer

Yes you can. We did this at the top of the description and on the photos. We made it clear that we were on our own and to contact us. We did get calls finally after doing this. Good luck all you FSBO sellers out there. I hope it pays off for all of you.

By cindy b. on 6/3/15
Helpful answer

Unfortunately they still show up in BING. So ZIllow is really slow to make full updates all over the net.

By Rosanne F. on 7/25/15
Helpful answer

I used Postlets to rent our house but it did not go through Zillow. Our house was for sale at the same time. I had a hard time taking it down from the rental sites after we sold the house. We received calls for about 1 year after the house sold and even while we had it rented. I had to work at each site to find where it got posted. It was hard work to get it delisted as a rental.

By l s. on 8/31/15
Helpful answer

I certainly feel for you. The exact same thing happened to us. We decided to put our own information and number on every single photo and in the description. We started to get some calls from buyers instead of Realtors. I hope this helps and the best of luck with your sale.

By cindy b. on 6/4/15

Good luck!

By Mary M. on 1/6/16
Helpful answer

You could remove your listing by following the instructions you find on the Zillow website.

By Angela C. on 10/28/15
Helpful answer

As far as I know you can't. I had my home appraised at 375k, but the Zillow estimate is 271k. If you check sale prices vs Zillow estimates they are most often WAY OFF. Appraisers are also scamming home owners, as they are mostly incompetent.

By georgie p. on 10/28/15
Helpful answer

I have no idea. I know that you pay them. I am against it completely since I listed a home on my own. It isnt fair to the seller at all. It confuses the buyer . I have had non stop calls from realtors as well as text messages ...emails ...and mailings. They want to list it when we already did all the work. They get upset that i am selling my own property on my own. It is my right and my property. We had no ide that agents would be listed on our own FSBO listing when we first did this.' They make it look like the agents are involved in my listing since the agent contact info. Is listed before ours We never planned to work with a realtor. We are now more turned off than ever. Many potential buyers call them first since zillow is misleading and the realtors discourage them from our listing. I had my sister contact a few and they lied about it and said it was off the market since when they tried to bully me into working with them. I said no. I sell houses on my own. I do the renovations...the marketing...the staging . I sell them. Its desperate that they have to gang up on sellers who are minding their own business. Its a real estate mafia and its desperate of zillow and the agents.

By cindy b. on 9/9/15
Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Zillow staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Zillow