Review of Realtor.com

San Jose, CA 95113, US
customercare@realtor.com

michaelg1230
6/28/19

There home estimates are straight gsrbage. Not based in any kind of reality. Don't take into account recent sales or improvements. They should stick to just providing the address and leave the rest to the professionals.

lisas1099
6/28/19

1. They allow realtors to mark OLD listings as "NEW" to attract buyers, so you didn't know the homes were stale and unwanted. Realtors list properties and pull them off for a month or two then relist to get the"NEW" title. That's FALSE! Realtor.com should require them to be off market for 12 months before they get the title"NEW". -it's a game.
2. Their :"Contact Agent" button on EVERY property listing means they direct you to an AGENT that PAYS Realtor.com to shuffle buyers to them! Gone are the days when you thought that button would put you in touch with the listing agent!
-That's just two of the things I had to learn the hard way in a couple months.
Shady. Doing anything to grease their pockets more!!

stacyp92
6/11/19

I had John Leland build me a house first mistake and Marianne Warren and husband Charles warren to be my realtors to look out for my best interest second mistake,After moving in i found out the plat of the land they used to sell me the house was not the correct plat i found out they knew all along it was the wrong plat when they sold it! These people have know moral compass would sell there souls for a $. It took me 5 years to get the plat straight with the county of New Kent .I found out john Leland is a realtor know stay away!

davidh1710
5/14/19

I sent a request to be texted and they called why have the option of being texted when they are going to call anyway. Then the person that talked to me was being very rude basically trying to get rid of me and never even sent me to an agent!! What kind of realty website won't even get you in contact with a realtor?

rebeccas14
5/7/19

If it says there are 18 photos of a home, where are they??? Theres no reason to use this site if they aren't posting the pics. I get the feeling this site is trying to hide less than desirable properties. They also must be making more from contractors because photos of unbuilt houses are listed first. Pretty disgusting. Truilla and others are much more desireable.

kimil1
5/6/19

I HIGHLY recommend Alan Lane for any of your real estate needs. He is very professional, personable, efficient, honest, determined and has a vast knowledge of all of the aspects of the business.
He went completely out of his way to help save what many other agents perceived to be a lost cause property from foreclosure.
His communication and negotiation skills are top-notch.
Everything was straightforward and well explained without any last minute "surprises". The closing was quick and was handled in less than 45 minutes.
He also put a lot of his personal time into research and preparation for the sale of this house.

lisar564
5/2/19

The Account manager will promise you that you can get credit for bad leads. I get other realtors registering, coming in as leads, and when I call realtor.com account advisor to get a credit, nobody ever calls back. I have sent the same email three times with no response. They promised you leads in certain areas at a higher price point, and I get nothing but low price point leads Would like to call my CC company and charge it back. Horrible.

daniellec194
4/27/19

I just want to say Mrs, Nastassja Toombs with N.E.T Realty, went above and beyond for my family during our home purchase. There were moments when I thought the process was not going to be a success. However, Nastassja was there every step of the way to ensure that every procedure was done properly and efficiently. I would definitely recommend her to anyone looking to purchase a home.

lindaw584
4/20/19

Cindy Zook was the absolute best. She went above and beyond her duties. We found exactly what we wanted and she made it happen. No matter what time day or night she was always willing and eager to help. Her knowledge of properties is priceless and she knows exactly who to send you to if you need help on something whether it's digging a trench or mowing grass. She knows everyone and it pays off. You're great Cindy!! Thank you so much and if we ever need anything you'll be the first we call.

robertk669
4/19/19

I would highly recommend Joy Luedtke of Barnegat light NJ. Joy and her team were great from listing our home on high bar harbor to negotiating the sale to the closing. Fabulous
job! Many thanks!

sallyb165
4/11/19

I left my number with a note that said do not call. I've received 20 calls from them at all hours of the day. I have them blocked and they leave 5-minute voicemails. Do they really think anyone would use them after they harass you incessantly on the phone?

atla
4/7/19

Realtor.com has shifted to a fully lead based approach... spending money to push the public to their site... and therefore they feel charging 5 to 15 times more than last year is acceptable. Hopefully agents and brokers will simply not continue to sign up... and you need to go update your credit card info so it will not go through... they will not ask you if you want to renew at new prices.

katea81
3/20/19

I called to request information and pricing on 3 local zip codes. The rep, Eric Schmidt stated all three were still available and providing pricing and advised of the 1 year contract. I told Eric I needed to think about and within 30 minutes emailed him advising I wanted to move forward with 1 of the 3 zip codes quoted (also the most affordable option). While waiting to hear back, I started my due diligence in research and read reviews. After reading numerous TERRIBLE reviews and reviewing ethical based lawsuits brought against them, I received an email from Eric stating that in the 30 minutes since he had provided the quote for all 3 and him stating that they were still available, that only the most expensive was still available (2 zip codes sold out in 30 minutes...questionable...). I responded stating I would NOT be moving forward.

leticiam26
3/17/19

I would highly recommend to anyone looking for an exceptional Realtor to get in touch with Kat Tyree. She is very knowledgeable and does her homework to keep updated about the surrounding areas she has a client. She has been in the Real Estate for 20 + years and has a passion for her work. She takes extra measures and stages an empty home with some props to make it inviting and for a buyer to see and open their imagination.
Kat is very delightful to work with. She is always in high spirits. Kat is very honest and will always be straight forward with her clients. She is great at negotiating and always is looking out for her clients best interest.

hopeb44
3/17/19

I am sick to death of real estate sites with crappy photos. Realtor.com...Does not have an accurate search engine. You can type in zip code, name of town and state and it will show you all the surrounding towns but NOT where you want to buy a house. My 98 year old parents are in Boulder,CO. But Realtor is INCAPABLE of showing me ONLY homes for sale in Boulder. Realtor is showing me homes an hour or more away. Until they can do an exact location search and stop adding bedrooms to my criteria, when I say 2 to 3 bedrooms don't show me 5 bedrooms or 7 bedrooms. Real Estate sites are horribly inaccurate. realtor.com is exceptionally horrible.

christic21
2/17/19

They sell you on advertising in order to allow buyers who are interested in your listings to be given your information rather than another realtor who is unfamiliar with the property. Absolute FRAUD. You cannot speak to a person regarding canceling your subscription-have to talk to a sales rep to cancel who actually tries upsaling your package. JOKE of a company. Worst part? My complaint was routed to the person I was complaining about-ludicrous! As with previous complaints, my calls were promised a returned response within 3 days, no response, rerouted to same said sales rep. Clearly they are so awful that they can't keep realtors so they trap them for their year subscription-will suffer until my year is up but hopeful others learn from my mistake.

torriep1
2/14/19

I caution anyone looking to get in the Real Estate business to purchase lead from Realtor.com. It's not worth it. After 24 years in the military, I have a low tolerance for poor customer service, and this companies the worst. I was told several inaccurate things that they would not honor, and now they are still charging me, two months after my contract was suppose to end. I have sent several emails and several call with no resolution.
The leads are crap and after 14 months of paying on a one year contract, still have no valuable lead. Do not waste your time or money, it's a scam.

Tip for consumers: Do Not do bussinness with Realtor.com, I am with Zillow now and much happier.

ericas123
2/12/19

I wanted to see a house on realtor.com and so I entered my phone number to speak with the sellers agent. Why did I do that!!! I phone has been ringing for the past 5 days without stopping. Realtors calling all times of the and night.

alexg291
2/11/19

Realtor.com is HORRIBLE! Not only are the "Leads" horrible, they take Real Estate Agents for a complete ride! You will see the dishonesty in their "Sales Team" soon after they have you in a 6 month or 1 year contract. You will be paying HUGE monthly expenses to get 90% or more of your "Leads" that are already either rental properties, pending, already sold or not even really listed for sale. You then will be forced to call in and try to speak to one of their so called "Sales Team Members" only to be told. "Mr/Mrs so and So, we here at Realtor.Com do not sell "Leads," we sell advertising. You are now locked into a HUGE monthly contract with HUGE monthly expenses (I have seen people paying $8,000 to $17,000 per month) with horrible leads (advertising) have their life and credit destroyed because the leads are horrible and they are stuck paying thousands of dollars per month.

Then you will speak to upper management who will treat you like complete and total crap! They will tell you. "We don't need your business, we will survive without you." Then you will ask to speak to upper management and some guy who claims to be an ex-college football player will get on the phone, tell you how important he is and how he only takes accounts from the worlds leading real estate agents and in a round about way tell you how you are nothing to him or Realtor.Com.

I would stay as far away from this company as humanly possible. If you choose to not heed this advice and this opinionated review, don't ever say someone didn't warn you.

michaelm2042
2/6/19

Shantel was fantastic. Her customer service and knowledge truly went above and beyond. We moved quickly on a property and she was always ahead of the game. We will definitely recommend her to family and friends. We appreciate your work!

samk187
1/23/19

Do not ever work with this company. They listed my property on their website without my permission with wrong sale price. And when I called them to correct it or remove my listing the rude representative said it will take 2 business days. I am at the mercy of this company that has nothing but BAD and terrible reviews and ranking. They should not be in business and I think they are suffering because Trulia and Zillow took over their market.

Sam

ryanm364
1/21/19

I have had good experiences in the past when I have searched for a new home. However this time I was searching for a new home and they blocked my IP address. I sent an email to customer service and 3 days later still no response. Apparently if you spend to much time on the site looking at properties you get blocked? I have no clue, either way I will not be using this site again and I will make sure everyone I come in contact with does the same. Horrible service!

suec246
1/12/19

Losing my Husband of 50 yrs, living in Buena Vista 45 yrs, dealing with personal loss, organizing liquidation, staging a 95 yr old house--KUDOs!
I'm in awe of your "personal" touch to my needs. I did not know what to expect.
You guided me step-by-step with your help and your team. Your personal touch of "making my home real estate ready for sale" helped so much dealing with my loss.
And it doesn't stop there. My home sold and you continue to follow up in my new residence.
You are setting a precedent as a realtor, particularly for the aging population.
Than You So Much to you, Beth Hall, and your Keller Williams Team.

beckyl63
1/5/19

If is need to do a serious pod spread search in various areas beyond your immediate zip code do not use realtor.com. They consistently will block your attempt to search outside of your geographical area. Despite having promised they would never do this again they repeatedly BLCK ME, THUS make it impossible to use their service
DO NOT BOTHER, AS THEY WASTE YOUR Time

ts184
12/28/18

My home is not even for sale, but they are tracking it with incorrect bogus information. The description is wrong and they show the value as being significantly down despite of other homes being up. I never contracted with them, did not give them permission to publish any information about my home, and to top it they are showing fake, untrue so called facts that are not what they say. This must be some sort of scamming operation, degrade the value of your home for some extortion payment. I am waiting for their call, but will not pay them anything. I want them out of my home, out of my life.

97 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't do it!!! Total scam. They don't allow you to cancel, and don't deliver what they promise. I've wasted $1500 and they want to stick me for another $4500!!! I signed up for an area with $800k average, but ALL of the leads are for $50 mobile homes. COMPLETE SCAM!!!!

By Daniel O.

You can file a claim with the BBB. I am in the process of looking for an attorney. Small claims court is always an option.

By Eli V.

Just be sure you are dealing with a realtor. Do not send any money to anybody at a moneygram account. Just make sure it is a realtor you are working with. Because there are scams out there that ask you to send money pretend to be owner etc. you can always ask for license number and go to trec website and check to see if number is real. Hope that helps.

By Christyne C.

I hope that if enough of us post about Realtor.com scamming , defrauding our industry we can stop them, scammed myself, never again, worst customer service I have ever encountered.

By Roxanne B.

Won't happen

By Mairin H.

By Mike H.

They offered me a job and I found out next day it's a scam they even offered for me to get paid cash

By Kelly j.

very bad leads, mobile homes, low enders and people do not answer their phones. What can we do about this crap

By jim r.

this website is junk if its not freezing up its slow as a turd

By gary w.

I hate this format!!!

By Eileen R.
Questions? Get answers from the Realtor.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Realtor.com