Review of Realtor.com

San Jose, CA 95113, US
customercare@realtor.com

torriep1
2/14/19

I caution anyone looking to get in the Real Estate business to purchase lead from Realtor.com. It's not worth it. After 24 years in the military, I have a low tolerance for poor customer service, and this companies the worst. I was told several inaccurate things that they would not honor, and now they are still charging me, two months after my contract was suppose to end. I have sent several emails and several call with no resolution.
The leads are crap and after 14 months of paying on a one year contract, still have no valuable lead. Do not waste your time or money, it's a scam.

Tip for consumers: Do Not do bussinness with Realtor.com, I am with Zillow now and much happier.

ericas123
2/12/19

I wanted to see a house on realtor.com and so I entered my phone number to speak with the sellers agent. Why did I do that!!! I phone has been ringing for the past 5 days without stopping. Realtors calling all times of the and night.

alexg291
2/11/19

Realtor.com is HORRIBLE! Not only are the "Leads" horrible, they take Real Estate Agents for a complete ride! You will see the dishonesty in their "Sales Team" soon after they have you in a 6 month or 1 year contract. You will be paying HUGE monthly expenses to get 90% or more of your "Leads" that are already either rental properties, pending, already sold or not even really listed for sale. You then will be forced to call in and try to speak to one of their so called "Sales Team Members" only to be told. "Mr/Mrs so and So, we here at Realtor.Com do not sell "Leads," we sell advertising. You are now locked into a HUGE monthly contract with HUGE monthly expenses (I have seen people paying $8,000 to $17,000 per month) with horrible leads (advertising) have their life and credit destroyed because the leads are horrible and they are stuck paying thousands of dollars per month.

Then you will speak to upper management who will treat you like complete and total crap! They will tell you. "We don't need your business, we will survive without you." Then you will ask to speak to upper management and some guy who claims to be an ex-college football player will get on the phone, tell you how important he is and how he only takes accounts from the worlds leading real estate agents and in a round about way tell you how you are nothing to him or Realtor.Com.

I would stay as far away from this company as humanly possible. If you choose to not heed this advice and this opinionated review, don't ever say someone didn't warn you.

michaelm2042
2/6/19

Shantel was fantastic. Her customer service and knowledge truly went above and beyond. We moved quickly on a property and she was always ahead of the game. We will definitely recommend her to family and friends. We appreciate your work!

samk187
1/23/19

Do not ever work with this company. They listed my property on their website without my permission with wrong sale price. And when I called them to correct it or remove my listing the rude representative said it will take 2 business days. I am at the mercy of this company that has nothing but BAD and terrible reviews and ranking. They should not be in business and I think they are suffering because Trulia and Zillow took over their market.

Sam

ryanm364
1/21/19

I have had good experiences in the past when I have searched for a new home. However this time I was searching for a new home and they blocked my IP address. I sent an email to customer service and 3 days later still no response. Apparently if you spend to much time on the site looking at properties you get blocked? I have no clue, either way I will not be using this site again and I will make sure everyone I come in contact with does the same. Horrible service!

suec246
1/12/19

Losing my Husband of 50 yrs, living in Buena Vista 45 yrs, dealing with personal loss, organizing liquidation, staging a 95 yr old house--KUDOs!
I'm in awe of your "personal" touch to my needs. I did not know what to expect.
You guided me step-by-step with your help and your team. Your personal touch of "making my home real estate ready for sale" helped so much dealing with my loss.
And it doesn't stop there. My home sold and you continue to follow up in my new residence.
You are setting a precedent as a realtor, particularly for the aging population.
Than You So Much to you, Beth Hall, and your Keller Williams Team.

beckyl63
1/5/19

If is need to do a serious pod spread search in various areas beyond your immediate zip code do not use realtor.com. They consistently will block your attempt to search outside of your geographical area. Despite having promised they would never do this again they repeatedly BLCK ME, THUS make it impossible to use their service
DO NOT BOTHER, AS THEY WASTE YOUR Time

ts184
12/28/18

My home is not even for sale, but they are tracking it with incorrect bogus information. The description is wrong and they show the value as being significantly down despite of other homes being up. I never contracted with them, did not give them permission to publish any information about my home, and to top it they are showing fake, untrue so called facts that are not what they say. This must be some sort of scamming operation, degrade the value of your home for some extortion payment. I am waiting for their call, but will not pay them anything. I want them out of my home, out of my life.

mitzit4
12/27/18

I have had an agent account with them for over 5 years so that I could receive messages from people wanting more info on my house listings.

Every year they go up in price on a service that should not cost. This year they auto renewed me for this service that I was paying $187mo for and upped it to $515 a month without checking with me.

I will not be advising clients to go there anymore! CANCEL!!!!0

joannes216
12/27/18

This agency will give you bogus leads. TOTAL SCAM. They will take your money and win even if you didn't sign a contract. I have people that after I left a message called me back, and said they never inputted their information to buy a home. Also, several people called looking to rent a home.

cherylls2
12/21/18

Realtor.com as a whole is a big scam, realtor.com takes your money and sends you bogus leads, cancelling the service is a nightmare they continue to charge your credit card for months after cancellation. Do not use realtor.com for leads

aja88
12/14/18

It keeps freezing and wasting my time. Not accurate at all. Not sure where they get their data, but the site is not very friendly, and keeps freezing and not going anywhere when I hit search.

davidc1440
12/6/18

mikeh794
12/3/18

It is unfortunate that our own organization sells their soul to get more of our cash. All we ask for is service, hear our complaint and not over charge us then tell us to go blow. Really, hang up rather than answer a question? 30 mins on hold to get a dial tone? Tell us you can help and then don't? What is the point? If we did business the way REALTOR.com (move inc) does... there would be no business.

roseo29
11/22/18

BEWARE!!! This company depends on others information and doesn't check to see if it is correct.
I had contacted this company by email and phone to have a pic removed that was some hideous place that was not mine. They specifically told me that this is what Google maps has. WRONG!! When I use google maps on all my devises, this is not what pic I get.
Don't bother giving them the time or day. I can't even get my info deleted from their site. Falsley reporting peoples information.

jamesj621
11/18/18

Terrible service. Terrible leads. Worst platform ever. Stay away! They charged me to cancel my account and refuse to refund the charges.

gaill86
11/14/18

te DoI signed up for Realtor.com and was suppose to get a certain number of leads. The last three months I got nothing. I asked for the amount they charged to be credited to my account. Called, emailed, nothing. I did not get 1 viable lead in that year. The leads they would send were sometimes at 2am and I am not up then but some people must be. The others were checking on a property that had gone pending My contact was Ann Toine.
Called, emailed and just couldnt get a response. If you have money to throw away go for it.

susanb718
11/7/18

$ave your $$$. not legit. other agents get same leads. etc.
no legitimate leads, no consistency and if you call nothing changes
be careful before you sign up. READ your contract. truly a waste of my money.

mahans
11/7/18

Save your money and never use them they started to charge me 520 dollars a month where I was paying 50 dollars. They just care about money.

Worst service ever!

erliner
11/4/18

I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with Christine Elsasser from Florida Executive Realty. I was new to the Tampa Bay area with very little knowledge about how to find the right house in the right neighborhood for the right price. From the moment I met Christine, I knew instantly that she was the right Realtor for me. She made me feel welcomed and appreciated. Her communication skills met my expectations as she was knowledgeable and effectively addressed any issues as they arose. Her honest and hands-on approach really helped to take the pressure off of me as I was also settling in my new job. She explained everything and never once did her answers change. I was so fortunate to have found Christine Elsasser. Thanks for walking me through the real estate maze. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a Realtor! [Erline R.]

cathyh147
10/30/18

I was referred from my friend Janice Burke from Exit Realty in Hoffman Estates Il-She made the process of buying and selling easy. Very pleasant to work with and available anytime to show me houses. I was able to buy a great house with her help. Very good experience

novaw6
10/22/18

I have been searching for a home to rent in the Onslow/Carteret County, NC area. The site gives me a good range of specific filters, such as selecting single family homes vs. apartments, cats allowed vs. dogs, etc. However, after finding two great possibilities in Sneads Ferry, I contacted the realtors, and....DEAD SPACE...I mean, radio silence. Neither one of them called me back to set up the appointments to see the homes. What's the point in advertising if you're not willing to respond to a potential renter/buyer? Also, I signed up to receive new listings through email, and they keep sending me homes that are for sale, even though I am only looking to rent. I also wish that these realty sites like realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, etc., would not list the same homes with multiple realtors, because I never really know which person to contact on which site. That seems to be the nature of the real estate business though.

debbiues
10/20/18

NEW AGENTS - Don't be misled into thinking paying for leads from this corrupt organization will grow your business. They have unscrupulous practices, auto-renewing a contract that you don't even know you have agreed to, and on top of that AUTO-RENEWING at almost double the cost of your present lead contract!! I asked for a refund or at least a credit since I was told by one of the sales persons that my 6 month contract would end at the terms completion that it was not set up to auto-renew. Then I received an email asking for me to verify my contract. I thought by doing nothing that my contract would terminate since the sales person told me that. Now the manager of account services say I was supposed to opt out in order to avoid continuing the contract at a higher price. I ignored the email (opened and closed it) thinking I had to do nothing in order to have my contract end as I had been advised. Most of their leads' are not valid leads. leads. For example, here are examples of some "leads" I received: a Realtor asking a question about a property that was not my listing; someone asking about renting on the lead request page; a person who was only interested in buying a boat in the boathouse of the listing they inquired about! All of these comments were written in the comments on the lead generation sheet. I was told that all the leads would be guaranteed to be more legitimate when compared to Zillow. This was not my experience, unfortunately, after spending about $4000.

nancyd281
10/15/18

After interviewing several realtors to sell our home in Sun Lakes located in Banning, California, I hired Jessica Angle-Davis because of her expertise and honesty in the real estate market. She did not come in telling me what she thought our home was valued before viewing the property as other agents did. Instead she looked the property over including taking note of the many upgrades we had. After being on the market for 5 days, she presented an offer less than our asking price yet she negotiated a sales price we were comfortable with. With an unheard of 12 day escrow, Jessica helped above and beyond to make sure the escrow close went smoothly and timely for us as well as her buyer.

97 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Don't do it!!! Total scam. They don't allow you to cancel, and don't deliver what they promise. I've wasted $1500 and they want to stick me for another $4500!!! I signed up for an area with $800k average, but ALL of the leads are for $50 mobile homes. COMPLETE SCAM!!!!

By Daniel O.

You can file a claim with the BBB. I am in the process of looking for an attorney. Small claims court is always an option.

By Eli V.

Just be sure you are dealing with a realtor. Do not send any money to anybody at a moneygram account. Just make sure it is a realtor you are working with. Because there are scams out there that ask you to send money pretend to be owner etc. you can always ask for license number and go to trec website and check to see if number is real. Hope that helps.

By Christyne C.

I hope that if enough of us post about Realtor.com scamming , defrauding our industry we can stop them, scammed myself, never again, worst customer service I have ever encountered.

By Roxanne B.

Won't happen

By Mairin H.

By Mike H.

They offered me a job and I found out next day it's a scam they even offered for me to get paid cash

By Kelly j.

very bad leads, mobile homes, low enders and people do not answer their phones. What can we do about this crap

By jim r.

this website is junk if its not freezing up its slow as a turd

By gary w.

I hate this format!!!

By Eileen R.
Questions? Get answers from the Realtor.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Realtor.com