Review of TheFirstGroup

Tel: ‎+971 4 455 0100
info@thefirstgroup.com

lisam1137
9/14/19

I was a victim of this set of crooked individuals until i met a team of recovery specialists who helped me during the recovery of all the funds i invested in the scheme including my returns. Incase you have a complain, kindly forward it to Requests @ fortunerecovery . comm to guide you also in getting them back

akina7
8/16/19

I must warn that this a long review. But please if you can read to the end as it is my true personal experience with the FIRST GROUP and would probably save you losing money!

I came across first group at the airport of my country on my way back from a trip back in 2015. I was sold an investment opportunity which sounded good and seem to make sense given I was due to retire in a couple of years. An account officer subsequently contacted me, I visited Dubai was convinced to make the deal and decided to go ahead.

I started making payments, and there were no issues. The company would lure me with ridiculous offers using the fluctuating rate of my country to try to get more money out of me. At some point my account officer even called me to request $10,000 on the spot and said I'll have a bigger amount knocked off my outstanding debt. That was when I started been suspicious about First Group and their practices. They even managed to persuade me to invest in a bigger investment because apparently the location was better and the returns higher.

Unfortunately for me my country went into recession. Sourcing USD became increasingly difficult, I knew I could no longer continue with the investment and didn't want to keep getting embarrassing reminders and threats from First Group. Prior to this, my account officer had assured me that should we change our mind we can always back out of the deal. That their units were in high demand and that they can sell to someone else and recover our monies hence nothing to lose.

When I approached First Group on this option, they started avoiding me. They kept changing my account officers who happened to citizens of my country. Every week, there was a new person dealing with my request (An attempt by the company to frustrate and defraud me!). They refused to transfer my investment to a smaller investment, they refused to give me a refund, not even a penny back. We've been dragging things back and forth since 2016, I have yet to recover the thousands of my pension fund put into this deal.

Considering I have made payments in the tune of 50% of investment, I am sure the development should have been completed by now. They are not offering even part payment of the overall investment or my portion of the returns for monies I have invested so far or other options to settle the matter. All they do is toss me from one person to the other, ignore my emails and calls.

My advice to anyone looking to cash in on Dubai investments opportunities is to not do it through first group. Carefully research other companies that would give you value for your investment, offer recourse and options should things not go as planned. And most importantly not make promises they can't keep.

There is definitely no smoke without fire, for 70% of reviews on this site to be bad means there is something the company is not doing right. My only regret is that I should have sought out reviews like this before dealing with the company.

First group if you are reading this, I hope you make good your promises. I would be sending a copy of this review to your social email address, hopefully someone would reach out to me. It's been an awful experience to say the least.

jabirm
8/11/19

Congratulate the happy owner of the hotel room in Dubai! I have just returned from a study tour organized by The First Group. Frankly speaking Im surprised that it was huge success. I was met by an employee of the company, settled in the hotel. Then I met my manager and we went to see the projects of The First Group. Before contacting the ocmpany I looked through a bunch of photos of their projects, but seeing them with my own eyes is totally another thing! The design is simply amazing. I could seeonly the exhibition room. I would like to assess what will be the view from the top floor. But I saw enough and made the decision which I do not regret.
I highly recommen The First Group to everyone who is want to invest in real estate in Dubai. The company has a lot of experience and builds really great buildings. I really liked the quality of service. During the tour my manager answered all my questions, we discussed the potential ROI of the property, the terms of installments and payment plan we covered everything iwanted.I have looked through many options for investment in the city and without a doubt I can say that the offer of The First Group is one of the best in Dubai.

juliuso12
7/2/19

i started investment with them since 2015 paid over 66% and was promised returns after paying 30% yet till date no returns. they are sending me leetr that all my investments is gone!

soniaj20
5/8/19

Still no return of my money from TFG despite being promised. I consider any contract between TFG and myself void for numerous reasons. The top 3 being,

The tremendous amount of pressures applied to sign and transfer money immediately despite it being very clear I was out of my depth and confused about the contracts. This is "showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain" or Corrupt.

Being told verbally I would get a full refund if I changed my mind and wanted to opt out only to be refused when I did and small print being point out in the contract saying I would only be entitled to a fraction of my money back. This is at very least "not conforming to accepted standards of mortality" or Immoral.

The First Groups fake 5-star reviews means they tricked me into believing they were far more responsible and had a far better reputation than they really do. This is "wrongful and criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain" or in other words, Fraud.

Response from TFG D., TheFirstGroup Representative
Dear Sonia, as much as we like to help our customers, we will not tolerate false accusations. If you think that the refund you were offered does not correspond with the contract you have signed, please, get in touch with us either via known email social@thefirstgroup.com and we will pass your query to a relevant person, or your portfolio manager for further clarification. Thanks
alexb454
5/6/19

If you're smart, you will invest with The First Group. Just finished buying the apartment and I couldn't be more pleased with all their help. I'm happy with advice and services I've received. This is the only one company I can trust.

chandhud
4/18/19

In emirates mall, One executive enticed us for a free ride to 3 picnic spots in one hour with a halt for coffee/ juices for 5 minutes. But they made us sit for one hour 30 mins in their office. Started selling timeshare sort of package. When we asked what's going on, then told that they will take us to their hotel properties and not picnic spots.

Don't get cheated if they say free ride.

Response from TFG D., TheFirstGroup Representative
Hello, we have already replied you on another site with apologies and a request for additional information. Thank you!
ahmeds107
2/4/19

The agreement with The First Group Team: after 30% down payment we get the owner's certificate and after that we can sell with price increase. The First Groupe will take care of the sale. We don't have to do anything.

The truth after 30% down payment we still did not get the owner certificate, we do not get replay from the seller Team since several months. No sale progress so far and no support for it. I advise very careful. If The first group team reads this, I request for supoort and solving these problems. We need our money back.
Purchaser Appartment Dolphin Tower
S.Ahmed from Germany

adim14
2/4/19

Biggest Fraud ever? I suggest all European investors to avoid investing in TFG projects.
We were explained by the sales manager that we could re-sell our hotel apartment with profit after first increase (20%). But after the contract, the person from legal said that re-sell is not possible.
We wrote mails to the sales managers...no reply.
Now we are running out of our savings. We will never invest in Dubai again!!

Response from TFG D., TheFirstGroup Representative
Hi Adi, could you please contact us either here on at private email or at social@thefirstgroup.com . There are some comments you posted that are not entirely true and it must be a miscommunication. Please, do get in touch . Thanks
michaelf561
8/6/18

I had the pleasure of working with TFG on the purchase of my first apartment in Dubai. As a first time buyer, there were many things that I was not aware of but my manager was able to guide me through the process and always had my best interest at heart. Thank you for the great service!

damio1
7/4/18

This company is scam, we went on holiday to dubai for my wife's birthday Still waiting for the promised refund after three weeks , ruined our holiday

Response from TFG D., TheFirstGroup Representative
Dear Dami, We are sorry for your experience, but we would like to know more about the situation, that could provoke such a strong accusation. We do not provide any holiday packages, as we are a property investment company, and if it was a misunderstanding, we are happy to listen to you and help you to resolve the situation. Please, email us at social@thefirstgroup.com . Thanks
husseinm4
3/10/18

I have been contacted by the group after collecting my contacts during a visit to Dubai. An agent called * contacted me over the phone to offer me a trip to Dubai for 2 persons to see the locations and samples of investment. I explained to him on the first day that I have to have my young kids with me whose age are 10 and 7 years old. He tricked me that it will be no problem to include them at special rate. he offered me a trip including accomodation at AED 2,600 for the 2 persons. When I asked about the rate for the kids he told me that he cannot give me an offer unless I pay for the 2 adults first and I should not worry because if I decide to cancel, my credit card will funded immediately. On 28th of Jan 2018 my credit card was charged with the amount and the next day I was offered for the 2 kids the very special rate of AED 7,200. I decided to cancel formally by email and by phone and I was promised on 3rd Feb to refund my credit card. On 4th I received a phone call from * to check if I am on plan to the trip. I expressed my surprise and told her that I have cancelled the trip and I was expecting a refund. I then contacted * to express my concerns and he confirmed on 4th of July that it a matter of few days before my card will be charged. On 17th of Feb I contacted * again to complain about the refund of payment by a message. I received a call from * and she was asking why I cancelled the trip and confirmed that no action has been done on refunding my payment. Then an hour later I received an email from * copying * of First Group asking me on my bank account details. I responded that they have my credit card in their records. I received no response. Then I contacted * again then he confirmed that the refund was done. When I asked about the transaction date and the transaction reference, he started to talk about it is a bank to a main account then to my bank head office then to an account as if I am a small child who has no experience in credit cards transaction.

On 20th of Feb, I sent an email here with my complain. On 21st of Feb I received a phone call from a representative who introduced himself with name *. He apologised and assured me that he made the request for fund on the same day. Also, he explained that the number he was calling from was his direct number in case I need to contact him in the future (No is *)

On the same day I received an email message from * confirming that she is the point of contact to respond to my complaint

On 1st of March after having no information on the refund I sent an email to * requesting information. The following quoted message was sent by her:
"
Dear Hussein,
I manage a different department and I do my best to follow up and get you through to the right people.
I do not have the information you ask for as it is completely out of my scope of work.

I have already communicated your messages to the Senior VP, so you should not be worried about your refund.

Once again, I do my best to help you .
Thanks"

I wonder if she is not able to give me information why was she assigned to be my contact person. Ironically * phone number was a big lie as I only have a recorded message every time I try to call him

All I want is when will I receive the refund and what is the transaction reference of the refund?

If this is the case with just refunding a trip charges, then there are a lot of doubts about your dealing with cases with hundreds of thousands

You can contact me for any further informatin
Hussein Mansi
email address: humansi66@yahoo.com

*Personal information redacted by admin

helgah3
2/2/18

Had a lovely experience with The First Group team. Really enjoyed all the communication, from the initial contact to the contract signing. What I appreciate the most is constant support and readiness to help, whatever issue I have. Im yet to see the financial results, but Im sure I wont be disappointed. Really thankful for the kind help!

hads1
12/20/17

Good company. Great projects. Smart locations. Unfortunately very low return for investors with ROI > 25 years. Almost equals to bank interest (3 to 4% a year)

adame147
11/27/17

Having worked for the company... I got to know some of the ins and outs of the company. my main concern would be that we were taught to sell the product using strong lies and manipulation towards potential investors. A lot of the reviews are within 2 years because during this time scale investors have not started to get their returns yet. with promised ROI of 5%+ many investors do get disappointed about the casual 2.5% ROI. IF YOU WANT TO INVEST YOUR MONEY IN DUBAI THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU INVEST IN #THEFIRSTGROUP. good luck.

candicea16
10/31/17

I actually was really insecure before making this property investment, but The First Group team cleared all my doubts. I already had a pleasant experience of talking to them during a professional exhibition, so naturally the company was my #1 choice for investment. They helped me get familiar with Dubai property market and with the local hotel industry, and I appreciate this a lot. Thanks to their guidance, I was able to choose a project in a promising area, and the first financial results are quite impressive. I hope the tendency will stay for long.

johnm1154
9/5/17

As a foreigner, I was afraid I wouldnt have many options to enter Dubai real estate market. Still, the investment solution from The First Group turned out to be just fine, and I had no legal issues whatsoever.

peterb230
8/9/17

Its an honor for me to be an owner of a hotel unit in Dubai. This is the place where everything is possible, and when you live and breathe this incredible city, you just feel youre changing. Dear The First Group company! Please accept my sincere gratitude for giving me such an extraordinary investment opportunity and for changing my life completely.

tessaw4
5/25/17

If you want to invest in real estate, The First Group is basically the perfect option. They do all the management work themselves, and they run your property according to their market knowledge. I am happy with it. I think Ill invest again as soon as I have the financial opportunity.

annl84
5/22/17

Wow!TFG staff is so nice. I just got back from their office. My husband took me with him because he doesnt know Dubai as well as I do, and I spent nearly all my internship there. He wanted to buy a hotel room either in Dubai Marina or in Jumeirah Village, and boy, thats a really tricky question even for me. Both are thriving, both are tourism magnets, and both look fantastic.
Thanks for the TFG manager who was nice enough to tell us about future city prospects. The company surely knows the market and the city. Strategic plans, ways of government support, transportation networks everything is considered. Weve chosen Jumeirah Village in the end, and Im sure we made the right decision.

adamj98
4/16/17

Its the 5th years of my familys partnership with TFG. As of today, we own several units in TECOM and Dubai Marina. The money flow is more than nice, and the whole working process of the company is nicely organized. Our manager keeps us updated on all the news, and we can get in touch any time we consider necessary. I highly value such a great customer service.

karll35
3/22/17

Several years ago I invested all the free money I had into TFG project. I almost didnt even hesitate, and as the result I have 3 units now. I can say I plan to invest some additional money into new projects being in construction. The company works flawlessly, and the staff is comprised of true professionals. Every time my friends or business partners ask my advice on investing in Dubai real estate, I gladly recommend them to consider TFG

seekerf
3/22/17

People who dupe tourist and waste our time for a booklet with nothing in it .............................................................................................................................::

Response from TFG D., TheFirstGroup Representative
Hello, we would like to receive a clarification on what you have written. If any misunderstanding took place , we would like to clarify the situation. However, we are a genuine business and we are in the market for more than 10 years, and we try our best to keep our clients happy. Please, send us a private message with details. Thank you
seamusb1
12/16/16

I purchased a office space from The First Grout in the solo, The Bridge, Sports City for 100k with a expected return of 7000 to 10,000 per year. It has been rented out for 3 years now and my return is 700.00 per year. TFG say that this is the best return that they can give on this even with Regus managing it. To me it looks like all the rent is going on fees and charges. They offered to buy it back at my purchase price it I invested into one of their hotels. What can I do about this ? Its a bad investment for me and the other Solo investors. Would you invest in a company that promised that and delivered this ?

igorb6
10/15/15

I want to express my gratitude to the managers of company The First Group. They accessibly and understandably explain all about investing in real estate in Dubai. I already have little business in city but I want that my sons inherits immovable property. I know laws and taxes in Dubai good but I never earlier invested in real estate in abroad countries and I needed advices.
Even if your English is as mine it is okei. Company managers work with many people in different countries of the world so I dont worry about communication and documents. In reality, they even help get visa and invite you in Dubai to watch at their projects. You can get a privat tour and spend some nights in a good hotel. But most importang thing is consultation managers go with you to every project you like and tell you about them everything you want to know.
What I liked personally was a hotel complex very near to water. It is popular at tourists and is always occupied. Difficult even to imagine how many money it produces. The First Group showed me all financial calculations with predictions for several years. Like this they give you guarantee that your money is safely invested. You can never lose money here and real estate is a thing that stays forever. Solid investment, I recommend everyone who thinks of taking money out of our country.

Hello! Thank you for your interest. We have a wide range of investment products, so if you could contact us at social@thefirstgroup.com we would arrange a free consultation with our specialist.

By TFG D., TheFirstGroup Representative

Hello, thank you for your interest. Could you send us an email to inquiry@thefirstgroup.com with your contact details and our consultant will get in touch with you and explain everything in details.

By TFG D., TheFirstGroup Representative

Hello, thank you for your question. We did not quite understand what exactly you are inquiring about, so please, email us on inquiry@thefirstgroup.com with your concerns. Thank you

By TFG D., TheFirstGroup Representative

Questions? Get answers from the TheFirstGroup staff and other customers.

1 Photo for TheFirstGroup