US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

caitw
8/21/16

I got the five frame at home trial. Loved the chamberlains so I put in an order with my prescription from Target Optical. My prescription is strong -7.75 in my left eye, -7.50 in my right. I was worried about all these people writing reviews about blurry glasses and it looking like you're in a fishbowl. Yes when I first put them on things looked a tad blurry - but these frames are a lot bigger than my old ones and my prescription went up. I wore them the first day and had a huge headache. This is apart of the process of adjusting to new glasses though! I kept wearing my glasses all day everyday to help my eyes adjust and 5 days later... now they are absolutely perfect. I can see everything crystal clear with no headaches. Everyone I have talked to at Warby has been so pleasant. The only thing is I wish they fit tighter but when I am in a location near a flagship store I will take them in to get an adjustment for free. I paid 130$ for glasses I can use everyday - that sure beats the $550+ designer brands and optometrist offices charge. Lower your expectations people. You're expecting $550+ glasses for $130... Warby Parker goes above and beyond for the price I paid. So happy and I get tons of compliments on the Chamberlains!! A++ Warby Parker - thank you!

scarletth5
8/16/16

I purchased a pair of glasses from WB a little over a year ago. When they arrived and I tried them on only to find out they were basically unwearable. I called customer service and the representative told me to take them to an optician to have them fitted. They would pay for it if there happened to be a charge. Time got away from me and I only took them in today -- albeit a year after I purchased them -- and the optician worked on them for 30 minutes and they still do not fit correctly. I called WB customer service and the representative said the best they could do was give me $20 for a new pair. I told him that I was not willing to take a chance on a "new pair" and that they should swap out my current pair for a replacement pair. Given that you are taking an expensive bet when you buy glasses online my advice is to save your money and buy them somewhere (such as Costco) where you can try them on and the customer service is much better.

audrim1
8/10/16

I am livid. I placed an order about July 25th and was set to received them on August 3rd....I received a confirmation number and it stopped tracking my package after July 27th....Last I heard they were in Texas then shipped to Indiana. WTF is it doing in Indiana when I live in California. A few days ago I received a generic email from Caitlyn saying they have replaced my original order and will be sending a new one, but NO tracking or confirmation number has been sent so I have no idea where or when I am getting my glasses. I have called the number attached to the email and no response. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE.

laurao28
8/2/16

I went to Nashville Tn store took my prescription from my local Dr. In Illinois. I live 4 hours away . I order eye glasses and sun glasses they both have progressives Rx lens. I received them in the mail one week and they are perfect!

sr323
8/1/16

I just ended a two month long attempt to get glasses from Warby Parker. I ordered my 5 try on pairs in the very beginning of June. They came quickly, not too dirty or smudged, and I picked my favorite. I'd had my eye exam from my long-time eye doctor the DAY BEFORE I ordered the 5 pairs: my prescription is definitely correct. The glasses I chose were made and arrived within about a week and I was thrilled - until I put them on and couldn't see a thing out of them. I called and was told I needed to talk to one of their doctors, who have limited weekday only hours that happen to be the same hours most people work. As I wasn't able to take time off from work for a 15 minute phone call, I was told to take the glasses to my eye doctor to diagnose the problem. Luckily, my doctor was very gracious and checked the glasses for me for free. They even re-checked my prescription to make sure it hadn't been measured wrong (of course it wasn't). They ended up telling me the "base curve" of the lenses was basically zero and that I would never be able to see out of them without a base curve, something that the lenses should have had.

I called Warby Parker again and set up an exchange for a second pair of glasses, supposedly made at a different lab, with a base curve. Fast forward another week or so and I have a new pair. Couldn't see a damn thing, in fact they were worse than the first pair. So I called again and set up an at home try on for 5 more pairs, hoping maybe if I picked a different style frame, I could use them to, you know, see.

I got my third pair last week and guess what...still looked like I was in a fishbowl. I liked how the frames looked on me and I can't afford $350 designer glasses, so I decided to keep the frames at least. I made my hundredth call to Warby Parker and said I give up! I purchased the frames alone for half of what I had spent on them initially, and am taking them to my trusted doctor to have lenses put in there. Hopefully before autumn comes I'll have some freaking glasses...didn't know it would be a summer long process!

Every single person I talked to at Warby Parker was amazingly helpful, cheerful, friendly and awesome! Can't complain one bit about the customer service, that part of the experience was great.

kelseyf6
7/22/16

I don't even know where to start. The frames I was the most interested in were not available for home try-on, so I emailed Warby Parker to ask them when they'd be available to try on. They gave me a very vague response and essentially told me to just buy them without trying them on because I could return them within 30 days if I didn't like them. Not knowing what else to do, I went to buy them and was told that I needed to submit my pupillary distance since it wasn't included in my prescription. Warby Parker's genius solution to this problem is to hold a credit card in front of your face and take a picture of yourself. Needless to say, it's not a very accurate way of doing things. The glasses arrived and not only did I hate the frames (both in terms of the way they looked and how tight they were on my head), but the pupillary distance was so far off that I felt like I was in a drunk tank. I called Warby Parker thinking that maybe the high index lenses were the problem, and the woman I spoke with told me that she'd have one of their on-staff opticians email me the next day. They never emailed me. I returned the glasses, found another pair of frames I thought I might like, and once again, they weren't available for home try-on. Isn't the entire appeal of Warby Parker supposed to be that you can try any five of their frames on at home for free? Anyway, this time, I decided I wasn't going to mess around anymore and I'd just go clear out of my way to the closest Warby Parker store to where I live (which is not close at all). I found a pair of frames I liked, got all of the correct measurements taken, gave the sales associates my prescription, and ordered the glasses. When they finally arrived, the prescription was wrong. I don't know what to do at this point other than to go back to the eye doctor, have them remake the lenses, and go from there.

martham75
7/22/16

A bit of a wait to get the glasses in the mail but they finally came on day five. I was very excited to have these home try-on frames with the five choices I made on-line. I opened the box. The inner plastic frame holding each frame was damaged and dirty. The frames were individually wrapped in plastic bags of which 3 were obviously used before, sticky, and ripped. Each frame was filthy. Smudges on the lenses and sticky. Unbelievable. I called customer service and let them know. I am sending them back. If frames come this dirty what would the purchased product be like? I am not going to chance it.

bobc92
7/17/16

I drank the koolaid and went to Warby Parker for glasses. You know, the $95 glasses. Then it changed to $295 as soon as I asked for blended lenses. So. 300 % increase. Not today.

erinm72
7/5/16

I have now owned 4 pairs of Warby Parker glasses. Just recently I did their at home try on. I received the glasses to try on and loved them all but only kept them a day. I knew which ones I wanted right away and didn't want to test fate in holding them longer than needed so I sent them back. I still continued to receive the emails about the at home try on and where I was in the time line. I received the last email telling me to send them back when it had already been 4 days since I sent them back so I called to check on the order. When I called the phone rang one time and someone answered. Felt like I had called the Warby Parker house. The girl I talked to was so warm and welcoming!!! She pretty much told me what I already knew. That it was an automated email and yes they had already received the glasses back.

I went online and placed my order for the ones I liked. I received an email asking for a little more information for measurements. I responded with the information and received an immediate reply that some information was still missing but they were able to get it from my last order. Perfect. I responded in my normal Bubbly tone saying "thank you" to which Katie C replied in an equally bubbly tone "you're welcome". I received my new glasses on Wednesday 6/29.

I wore my awesome new glasses for three days until Saturday July 2nd which was the day of my families 4th of July party on the lake. I was in charge of filling up the inflatables on the lake. I had my new glasses with me and my RX sunglasses. I was wearing the sunglasses with my warby parkers tucked in my shirt. I thought they were pretty snug. I was bending out over the water filling the 15 x 15 foot float and my glasses fell out into the water. they didn't hover at the top for even a second. They went straight down. I was crushed but I loved them.

So on July 5th I called them. Again the call is received like I'm calling a friend. Just the most amazing feeling when calling such a big company. Like you really matter. I talked to another young lady. I told her what had happened and told her that I need to just duplicate the order but change the billing card. She responded completely in shock at my tragedy cause naturally she understands that I loved my new warby parker glasses. She asked for my order number. When she looked it up she asked "did you just get these glasses?" I said " yes I just received them on Wednesday and got to wear them for three days." she said ok hold on one second and let me look at something. When she came back she told me that they were going to send me the new glasses for free. I was blown away to say the least. What an amazing company to see how much I loved them and how broken hearted I was that I lost them and then send me my new pair free as a courtesy. Then she said "Are these your daily glasses? Do you have other ones to wear or do we need to..." I stopped her cause I saw where she was going. I said "I still have my Zagg pair that's pretty close in prescription so regular mail is fine. I don't think ill ever buy from anyone else other than Warby Parker!!!

mattp61
6/30/16

I rate Warby Parker with five stars, not because everything worked flawlessly, but because their understanding and efficient customer service more than made up for any hiccups along the way. I don't expect perfection, but I do expect service that is competent, courteous and considerate. I loved the online shopping experience, the quality of the products, and WP's passion to give back to society. Thank you to the entire team for being respectful at all times and for ensuring that I was an important customer. Well done!

lymanm17
6/17/16

I have tried to get my glasses for over a month and they have sent me 3 different pairs all of which have been wrong. It is amazing the incompetence of this company. When I went to the store they suggested that it was my eye doctors fault until they looked at the glasses and found that they did not follow the prescription at all

andrewp102
6/14/16

More than one month ago I ordered and paid for my glasses. They should have been here weeks ago. So I called today, provided my order number, and inquired as to status. Customer service explained, oh, I see our system sent an automatic email letting you know that you could upgrade your order to a lighter material, and, when it did that it automatically placed your order on hold. Yikes! So I don't respond to a robo upgrade email after completing and paying for my order - so Warby Parker suspends my order?

A manager explained, oh, our system doesn't track if a customer doesn't respond and release the order hold after a certain time. Had I not called today - my order would still be on hold. Really not acceptable

gema10
5/20/16

I would think that a company that goes the extra mile as to measure your face width would provide quality glasses. However, the first pair I recieved had stripped screws. I couldn't go to my local eye dcotor to retighten them. I then recieved a new pair with fixed screws however the glasses didn't not fit my face due to the width of the glasses being too wide. Never buying from this place again. Although I do wear my glasses out and I recieve a lot of compliments, I'm sure there are other companies that will provide better service with the same types of frames.

chassityb
5/18/16

My experience with Warby Parker has been outstanding even with the pitfalls (that were caused by me) during my transaction. Long story short I put in the wrong shipping address and noticed after they were shipped out. I contacted them and they gladly remade a new pair to send to my new address. The person I contacted each time was amazing with every email they sent. Very kind, polite, and open to do anything to help me. The only struggle was getting another eyeglass prescription because mine expired and the pupillary distance, but I just asked my doctors office and they gave me the info. I haven't received my frames yet, but I hope they get here soon because I can't wait to wear them! I loved the frames when they came with the home try on.

michaeld205
5/17/16

Bought the frame and lens from them in Dec 2015. Lens scratched and needed to be changed which, according to their policy, they do. However, since the original Rx expired since then, they absolutely refused to change the lens without getting a new Rx. Nothing changed but I had to see a doctor just to satisfy their ridiculous (given the circumstances) policy. An MD myself, I even offered to write them my own Rx but they refused. Regret deeply ever choosing to deal with them

susanw108
5/16/16

I saw this company featured on the television program and thought I'd try them out. I selected 5 pairs of glasses and they were shipped to my home in a very short period of time. When I tried them on there were several pairs that I did not remember ordering. But that's okay because I did like one pair. I had some questions so I called the company. The person that I spoke with was very nice and answered all my questions completely. Regarding the pairs that I didn't remember ordering, the woman told me that if they don't have what I ordered in stock they will substitute a different pair.
I went back on the website to see how much the glasses that I selected wood cost and to my surprise or should I say to my dismay, the glasses that I selected cost $345 with progressive lenses! Yikes! That's a lot of money and not competitive with other eyeglass stores.
I think if this company really wants to stay afloat they are going to have to improve their website because it's clunky and slow and take a look at their pricing.
Pros: Great concept
OK selection
Fast delivery
Courteous customer service
Cons: If they don't have exactly what you ordered they will substitute a different pair
Glasses with progressive lenses are WaY too expensive!
Clunky, slow website.

carolinew23
4/28/16

I ordered my glasses from you August 2015.
Loved the glasses but they fell off my head at an airport in Paris and even after I checked lost and found they were not turned in. I just want to know if the loss is covered under warrenty?

ashtonw6
4/14/16

Warby Parker is a poor excuse for a company. I ordered glasses from them on the free home try-on. I never received the trial. I live in Florida, and the glasses were delivered o Sacramento, CA. If they are not returned, you are charged for the glasses, and now I am going to have to pay $500 for their mistake. I have contact customer service multiple times without a single respnose. I am more than dissatisfied, and I would not recommend Warby Parker to anyone.

lauraj50
3/30/16

I have never been so impressed with a company before in my life. When I first heard that you could get glasses here for 95$, I thought "what is the catch". Usually, glasses companies will hook you with the promise of cheap frames but then you get charged a lot more for the lenses and everything. NOPE, not here! It truly is 95$ for the frames and lenses. I ordered an at home try on of 5 frames. They email you when it is time to send them back. The box comes with a pre paid shipping label so everything is idiot proof. Which clearly I need because I accidentally ordered the wrong classes from the box. I was not paying attention and picked a frame that I was not fond of. At a normal place it would have been "too bad" we already made the lenses and everything. But at warby parker, they sent me the nicest email saying they would re-ship me my 5 pairs of at home try ons and once I figured out the real pair that I wanted, they would do an even exchange. Better yet, they let me keep the frames that were already made for me until my new frames arrived so that I wasnt walking into walls in the interim. Honestly, the best customer service I have ever dealt with in my life. I am SOOO impressed with this company and every other company out there should take notes.

ma42731
3/29/16

About a year ago I decided to order new glasses through Warby Parker after hearing about them through a couple friends. I was impressed with the ability of their "home try on" offer. I found a pair I really liked and ordered them. Unfortunately, my glasses got a couple scratches on the lenses but it was covered through their "1 year scratch free guarantee". I find it awesome that WP offers this. Unfortunately, I encountered another problem with my glasses and WP was very quick to respond to my issue and they offered an immediate resolution. The customer service I have received has been superb. While $95 seems like a lot for a pair of glasses, it really is worth it. Given the quality of their customer service, the styles available, the quality of their product and free shipping, I think WP is a smart decision.

rhondah24
3/23/16

I will never order from them again. I ordered like a month ago and everyday they email me asking me yet another freaking question..I just want my glasses! I took a pic of my prescription just like they told me to..so why all the back and forth..

Please do yourselves a huge favor and skip this company..NOT worth the hassle...they are totally incompetent.

giovannao
3/22/16

Not only did they take way too long to deliver my prescription is obviously wrong I can't see well and I wore them any way thinking maybe my eyes need to get use to them u could not do it my headache was unbearable

marief33
3/15/16

I had a lot of hiccups ordering from Warby Parker for the first time: USPS said they were delivered to my apartment when they had not been (which made me think they were stolen from my door), my return shipping of the trial pairs was never received (again, not the most secure apartment complex), and when I did finally receive my glasses, the prescription was wrong (by fault of my doctor, not WP).

Despite each of these problems, WP customer service was extremely understanding and accommodating every time. They extended the exchange period so that I had enough time to see my doctor again for a new prescription. They waived the fees ($$$) that I would have been charged if my trials had not been returned. Each rep I talked to was really nice and helpful.

And of course, the quality of the glasses is great. The selection is so good that I had trouble deciding, which was the best part of the trial option. I'll definitely order from WP again, and I'd recommend them to all friends & family.

kaitlinl2
2/27/16

I tried Warby Parker for the first time recently, starting off with their home try on program. After choosing the perfect frames for me, I submitted my prescription to get the ball rolling. My glasses arrived on time as promised, however, I was disappointed to find that the focal point of the lenses was incorrect, and I was unable to see clearly out of them. I emailed their help line, who suggested that I call and speak to an optician at their center, as it would be the quickest way to remedy the situation. I was able to get a hold of an optician quickly, who asked for pictures of the frames on my face so they could get an accurate optical center measurement for my new glasses. I sent the pictures on Wednesday evening, and much to my surprise, my new glasses were on my doorstep that Friday! The new glasses are PERFECT, and they corrected the lenses much quicker than I anticipated. They even allowed me to hold on to my original pair until the replacement pair arrived, and I was charged nothing for the replacement pair or its shipping costs. Throughout the whole process, emails and phone calls, Warby Parker was incredibly kind, understanding, and prompt with their responses and were very flexible to fixing this problem. It was definitely the best customer service experience I have ever had buying glasses (I have had the same lens problem elsewhere in the past) and possibly one of the best customer experiences of any company.

victoriap26
2/17/16

WP has the absolute best customer service. Fast and efficient. I ordered my son's glasses online and they arrived in 7 days, as promised. The customer service agent was courteous and helpful. I was so impressed with the quality, I ordered a pair for myself. In todays society it is rare to find such excellent service. Thank you WP! ~ V.Pena (Loyal Customer)

Tip for consumers: My eye doctor did not add pupil distance to prescription. WP makes this an easy fix on the website, however make sure Dr. provides this info. on prescription to expedite order.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Warby Parker staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question