Review of Warby Parker

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

andya48
5/19/17

....and they have no warranty beyond one year for $250+ progressive lenses. I won't use them again. They did offer a $50 discount on replacement of lenses and frames. Not worth taking the risk of another failure. I have had glasses from other (better quality?) sources last for 10 years.

leslieg47
5/16/17

Will actually help you to save money! Nice glasses, fun styles, great staff! Check it out!
We should have national healthcare that includes our eyes. Being blind isn't really healthy!

martah4
5/13/17

I love the looks of so many of the glasses. When I was in New York, I went to a store and tried sunglasses on. Later, I ordered them online without much trouble. They came, and I am getting nothing but compliments on them The quality is great, and they were only $95 with all the trimming, including polarization. Prescriptions are much cheaper here. I highly recommend the company.

anthonyp116
5/9/17

I was excited to try Warby Parker. I didn't order online but walked into one of their stores. This is the only reason I am giving them 2 stars instead of 1. The store was cool but the selection was cheap like the frames you get off the rack at banana republic or some other big retail store. I decided to take the risk and got a pair of frames with lenses. Well it's true, you get what you pay for. The lens kept popping out and the sides of the frames feel way to wide. I hate I wasted my money on this. I went back to my eye doctor and bought glasses through her. I paid a little more but at least the frame is comfortable and doesn't fall apart. I'm sticking with my local eye doctor from now on.

roweg
5/5/17

thank you for awesome <3 I really love this. Can I get some discount for next order? You guys already have my email. Please send me there.

vickim51
5/2/17

I am a huge fan of WP and got my 1st pair many years ago. Began telling everyone about them! Have needed to change prescription for several years but didn't because I loved them so! Finally, after leaving them in Costa Rica, had to order new ones. Prescription great but frames not happy with. They are fab...but, they dont fit like they should. the arms are much wider than the part that is at my eyes. In short...they feel too big (stretched out) and constantly fall off. I did ask WP if anything could be done. They suggested I go to my eye doctor, a Wal-Mart (or some other place) and get them adjusted. I dont want to go to my eye Dr or any other company and ask them to adjust a pair of glasses I didn't purchase from them. JUST me.

waltern12
4/26/17

This company markets a product that is average quality and a bit pricey for the product you get. Anything other than a standard single view prescription is way too expensive. I prefer to just take it up the proverbial you know what and buy really good quality frames and lenses at an optical shop.

I did buy a pair of non-scrip sunglasses that I really like, but they were just as expensive as Ray Ban.

janicea32
4/26/17

Fantastic prices and deals! You get a fabulous experience at Warby Parker. They have great customer service and top notch glasses.

layneh2
4/25/17

First, I found both the online chat and phone customer service very good at WB, even for a return and refund. But when I received my glasses neither of the lenses was all the way into the frames. I was able to pop the right one into place, but the left simply wouldn't fit tightly--it still rocked with every movement. Perhaps this happened because my strong progressives wouldn't work with the small frame (Renwick), but if so, someone should have contacted me to choose another frame, or at least looked at the finished product and sent them back to be remade. WP has better quality and selection then other <$100 online frames-and-polycarb-lenses online places (e.g., Felix and Iris or Classic Specs), but they're sooo flimsy. I'd use WP only if I wanted a few pairs of glasses to go with different outfits.

If you don't plan to change your frames every year, maybe spend another $50-$100 to get a mid-range brand-name (genuine), Luxottica-made frame (basically every brand) with comparable lenses at glasses.com. It only has virtual try-on, so you'd need to go someplace like Lenscrafters and write down the style number and dimensions, then search glasses.com (which includes the same-as-everywear poly carb basic lenses in the prices) or the brand's retail site. They'll let you return them,. If you want lens upgrades or just don't like the thicker free lenses, it may be cheaper to go to Costco for better lenses that won't cost much more or may be cheaper than the upgrade surcharges at online places. Not a paid spokesperson--my husband bought his prescription RayBans frames online and the total with Costco's 1.67 progressives was about the same price as with the upgrades needed to get the same lens everywhere online (Warby included). I also did this for Polos for 1.67 single-vision computer glasses. And you get strong temples and better-finished acetate, and they should last for two years.

dg108
4/19/17

The website does not seem to work completely either in Safari or Google Chrome. There are bits that just don't load/function.

Having managed to buy something, I then got multiple emails about needing a photo to be uploaded to measure pupillary distance, despite the fact that they had this information on the prescription that they had already accepted. I was given an estimated delivery date, which has been missed. According to USPS, using the tracking number given, the glasses haven't even been handed over to them as a carrier yet! Zero info so far on what's happened, and whether this is just a case of USPS being slow or WP not having managed to put my glasses in the mail yet.

I really do wish I had trusted my instincts and not bothered with WP.

elizabethi16
4/18/17

always excellent service, products are beautiful and superb and price that can't be beat!! WP donates a pair of glasses for every pair you buy!! Can't get any better!! I am obsessed with WP!!!

pattib35
4/18/17

My daughter has purchased a couple of pair of Warby Parker glasses in the past and was extremely happy with the process ... I had ventured online a couple of times but wasn't ever confident enough in my choices to purchase a pair for myself. I ventured upon a local shop carrying Warby Parker frames and had a heyday trying them on ... love the fact that the cost of the frame includes everything, and the mission of the organization, too. Bought my first pair, had a fitting issue which was promptly, courteously and professionally addressed - I'm sold! I am telling everyone about the outstanding customer service, chic styles and great value of your product. Keep up the outstanding work!

brendal70
4/16/17

I've always been happy with the glasses I've gotten from WP. Fast shipping and so much cheaper than my optometrist's office.

eddyh10
4/11/17

Great but overpriced. They have great branding and can get away with charging so much. I could get the same quality for half the price

alexanderm72
4/10/17

The ordering experience with WP is so incredibly easy and smooth. They mailed me all frames to try, and I found the frames I like. I sent the frames back, then they mailed me the glasses. Simple as that!

janetc15
4/8/17

I'm from New York City, and there's a Warby Parker here that is always packed. They receive a lot of praises and everyone loves them so I'm surprised to see a lot of bad experiences here. I discovered Warby Parker in a commercial and decided to go to the store. At the time, I wore a really distasteful pair of glasses. Despite what it seems, frames and lens at the optometrist is quite expensive. The price I paid for the frames and lens at Warby Parker was well worth my money. For people with really bad vision, the upgrade to the slimmer lenses is also worth it.

The customer service was great and I was glad to get glasses for such a low price. I throw my glasses everywhere and never put them into a case for storage (even though the case is really nice). I sat on the glasses by accident, they fall everywhere, and I generally don't take care of them. The last three years, the most damage the glasses received was two small scuffs on the lenses.

caitlync2
4/3/17

Looked in to these just to see if they are all the cracked up to be.... And you get what you pay for is all I can say. Worst quality glasses I have ever seen. Scratch at the slightest touch and the lens are such a poor quality. Go to your optometrist and order a real pair of glasses that is worth your money instead!

halb25
4/3/17

I felt as though the entire company was focused on my order. My glasses are more than I expected. I can't wait until I can save enough money to purchase a second pair.

madis383
3/27/17

I ordered my glasses March 1st and it is now March 28th and I have yet to receive them. After ordering, I hadn't heard anything for almost 2 weeks and it said I should expect them in about 10 days, so I called and they still hadn't even gotten my prescription like they said they would. Once they finally shipped it said I should receive them Saturday, then it changed to Tuesday, and then to Thursday and now the predicted date is the Saturday after the original prediction. It's been 4 weeks and I still don't have my glasses and I'm annoyed. When I ordered the at home try on frames, they shipped in 4 days. I just hope they're worth the wait.

juliem194
3/23/17

I purchased a pair of sunglasses online. The order was not easy to track, but they did arrive within 10 days. They look and feel nice, but the lens popped out after one week! Not impressed with the craftsmanship for $200 frames.

chastityw2
3/18/17

My daughter asked to buy new glasses at The Domain at the Warby Parker store. I was dreading the visit because I just knew I was going to have to drop $400 for frames AND lenses and then the added cost of anti-glare and scratch resistance....ugh! We went in the store and Megan was great. She gave us the rundown on how the store is setup and then allowed us to look around on our own (which I loved). My daughter picked her frames and Megan helped us with the ordering process. Then she gave me the total, "That will be $95", my daughter said the look on my face was priceless.....I could not believe how affordable these glasses were! The glasses in the store are super stylish, they have fun colors, and a great selection! I'll be telling EVERYONE about this store and I'll be heading there soon myself to pick out my own pair!

fernandas3
3/18/17

It is the 2nd pair of prescription glasses my husband bought. For the second time in the row, in less than one week of purchasing, the glasses fell off his face, and a car crashed it. We didn't even had enough time to go back to their store for an adjustment (which is 1 1/2 hour away from my house). The styles are cute, and the concept is great. However, glasses are not functional for working people unless you are a geek seating still in front of the computer all day without moving your head.
Do NOT waist your money!

evas56
3/13/17

I really love the affordable frame selection, but would love to see more low bridge/Asian fit styles. I did the Home Try On program but none of them fit my face so I went in store and was disappointed to find out that the style I wanted, I couldn't have because my high prescription and the glasses being non-centered on me, would cause distortion. Did eventually pick a low bridge style that worked for me, but would love to see more options, as they only had 5-6 styles to choose from. Overall though, they have great customer service and good quality glasses at affordable price ranges.

gracec80
3/12/17

I ordered 5 frames to try on, chose one I loved and sent them back with my prescription. My glasses came and I LOVED them. I scratched them up in an idiotic new-glasses wearer ski incident and texted the company. Since I didn't have any other glasses they have me a one-time waiver to keep mine and they'd send me new frames and lenses and I could send the scratched ones back when the new ones arrived. I did that but my new ones had a fault in the lens. I texted the company, they apologized profusely and are sending me another frames/glasses set. I give them two thumbs UP.

bena69
2/24/17

I've really like being able to do the home try-ons, especially that all the frames I can try on in the store are thrice the price. I own two pairs of Warbys, and the frames were great! The lenses on the other hand are the most scratched of any other glasses I have bought. I've had my current ones since December and now they have a pretty good scratch in them that I'm not sure what put it there.
Warby does offer 1-year scratch fix (they'll replace the lenses) and It's been somewhat of an ordeal getting mine replaced (and am still waiting).
Really, apart from that, my experience with Warby Parker has been positive and impressive for me.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

26 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Warby Parker staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 3/3/17
on 2/12/17
on 1/23/17
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the Warby Parker staff and other customers.

Warby Parker?