Review of Warby Parker

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

madis383
3/27/17

I ordered my glasses March 1st and it is now March 28th and I have yet to receive them. After ordering, I hadn't heard anything for almost 2 weeks and it said I should expect them in about 10 days, so I called and they still hadn't even gotten my prescription like they said they would. Once they finally shipped it said I should receive them Saturday, then it changed to Tuesday, and then to Thursday and now the predicted date is the Saturday after the original prediction. It's been 4 weeks and I still don't have my glasses and I'm annoyed. When I ordered the at home try on frames, they shipped in 4 days. I just hope they're worth the wait.

juliem194
3/23/17

I purchased a pair of sunglasses online. The order was not easy to track, but they did arrive within 10 days. They look and feel nice, but the lens popped out after one week! Not impressed with the craftsmanship for $200 frames.

chastityw2
3/18/17

My daughter asked to buy new glasses at The Domain at the Warby Parker store. I was dreading the visit because I just knew I was going to have to drop $400 for frames AND lenses and then the added cost of anti-glare and scratch resistance....ugh! We went in the store and Megan was great. She gave us the rundown on how the store is setup and then allowed us to look around on our own (which I loved). My daughter picked her frames and Megan helped us with the ordering process. Then she gave me the total, "That will be $95", my daughter said the look on my face was priceless.....I could not believe how affordable these glasses were! The glasses in the store are super stylish, they have fun colors, and a great selection! I'll be telling EVERYONE about this store and I'll be heading there soon myself to pick out my own pair!

fernandas3
3/18/17

It is the 2nd pair of prescription glasses my husband bought. For the second time in the row, in less than one week of purchasing, the glasses fell off his face, and a car crashed it. We didn't even had enough time to go back to their store for an adjustment (which is 1 1/2 hour away from my house). The styles are cute, and the concept is great. However, glasses are not functional for working people unless you are a geek seating still in front of the computer all day without moving your head.
Do NOT waist your money!

evas56
3/13/17

I really love the affordable frame selection, but would love to see more low bridge/Asian fit styles. I did the Home Try On program but none of them fit my face so I went in store and was disappointed to find out that the style I wanted, I couldn't have because my high prescription and the glasses being non-centered on me, would cause distortion. Did eventually pick a low bridge style that worked for me, but would love to see more options, as they only had 5-6 styles to choose from. Overall though, they have great customer service and good quality glasses at affordable price ranges.

gracec80
3/12/17

I ordered 5 frames to try on, chose one I loved and sent them back with my prescription. My glasses came and I LOVED them. I scratched them up in an idiotic new-glasses wearer ski incident and texted the company. Since I didn't have any other glasses they have me a one-time waiver to keep mine and they'd send me new frames and lenses and I could send the scratched ones back when the new ones arrived. I did that but my new ones had a fault in the lens. I texted the company, they apologized profusely and are sending me another frames/glasses set. I give them two thumbs UP.

bena69
2/24/17

I've really like being able to do the home try-ons, especially that all the frames I can try on in the store are thrice the price. I own two pairs of Warbys, and the frames were great! The lenses on the other hand are the most scratched of any other glasses I have bought. I've had my current ones since December and now they have a pretty good scratch in them that I'm not sure what put it there.
Warby does offer 1-year scratch fix (they'll replace the lenses) and It's been somewhat of an ordeal getting mine replaced (and am still waiting).
Really, apart from that, my experience with Warby Parker has been positive and impressive for me.

amberd45
2/24/17

I've bought two pairs of glasses from WP and the process couldnt have been easier, or faster! I chose 5 great frames to try on at home and recieved them within a few days for free. Once I decided on the pair I loved, I just used the return sticker that was in the package and stuck it back in my mailbox. I ordered my pair and it came in within 3 days! I love the frames and theyre a great price.

michelev15
2/22/17

I wanted to get a couple of pairs of back up glasses for reading as well as distance. I thought I would try Warby Parker because of the price. Well, have to say that I have never had a better customer service experience. I got my 5 pairs to try on, chose a really cute pair, got on line and a customer service rep walked me through the order. They called my doctor and got my prescription and and 10 days later, I had the glasses! They aren't my back up, I love them and put the $400.00 pair in case as back up. Trust me I have cracked, scratched and broken Persols and many more. This won't hurt as much if anything happens to them.

susanaf
1/31/17

The glasses arrived on time, and the lenses aren't bad. The frames, however, are extremely cheap-looking and -feeling. I bought the Zelda, and the "gold" bridge is actually plastic. It's very difficult to adjust the nose pads to fit my face, and one of them is loose. The glasses are cute, though, so I guess I'll wear them.

sarat53
1/21/17

These are poor quality lenses with poor customer service. You get what you pay for, and I would not recommend using Warby Parker.

I ordered high index lenses because I cannot use polycarbonate lenses. My glasses arrived and I noticed that my eyes hurt when I wore them. I give it a few days to adjust, but when my eyes continued to hurt, I started to suspect that they were polycarbonate, which have made my eyes hurt in the past.

I emailed Warby Parker to confirm that they sent the high index lenses, as I ordered. I thought they had perhaps mistakenly sent the wrong lenses. Nope. It turns out they intentionally sent me different lenses than I'd ordered without telling me. I get an email back telling me that they filled my order with regular lenses because in their experience those lenses are better for my prescription. They did not consult me about this decision, or even inform me. So, naively thinking they had sent me what I ordered, I used glasses that made my eyes hurt for days before realizing the problem. When I explained the problem, they recommended that I speak to one of their doctors or go into their stores, but didn't explain why they would change my order without consulting me. I've already wasted enough time with this company, I do not intend to spend any more time in hopes that they will fix the problem they created, and I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.

stevet114
1/4/17

I've worn glasses since grade school. They are a part of me and as close to me as my nose... But I've always had to spend $1000 or more for glasses that were never worth that much. Then I found Warby Parker and realized what a difference this was going to make in my life! I can get 10 pair for the price of one! They aren't top quality but if they last a year they've more then paid for themselves. They are great online, over the phone and in the store. BUT Newgistics shipping is horrible! They are going to be the downfall of Warby Parker, unfortunately. It boggles the mind why they just don't ship them directly with the postal service?

adamh84
12/27/16

I ordered a pair of glasses for someone as a Christmas gift. The shipping is a total nightmare. I got an email on December 9th with a tracking number saying they had shipped. After that, there was no update for over a week. Then, on December 19th there was an update saying it was leaving the facility. If it didn't leave the facility until the 19th, they why did I get an email on the 9th saying it had shipped?

The best thing of all is that the shipping isn't even the worst part! The glasses finally arrived on Christmas Eve afternoon so I scrambled to wrap them and put them under the tree. The recipient opened them up on Christmas morning only to discover that the glasses Warby Parker sent me where broken. One of the lenses was not secured in the frames and was falling out. It is extremely disappointing to know that Warby Parker does not inspect or do any sort of quality control before they ship their glasses to their customers.

They are sending me a replacement pair, but they did not even offer me expedited shipping for my troubles. I had to ask them to send it that way because I didn't want to have to deal with waiting another 3-4 weeks to get them.

It goes without saying that Warby Parker has lost a customer. I will not ever order anything from them again.

benjaminb64
12/20/16

I ordered my frames the ordering process was great, then they shipped it... They use a company called newgistics long story short the item was shipped and for the last 5 days my glasses, which of course I ordered because I needed new glasses, are sitting in the newgistics warehouse WHICH I CAN SEE FROM MY HOUSE. Called warby and they told me that the delivery time is 7 days before they would care, so I now have to wait 7 days for someone to bring them across the street. Now I know you can ship anything in the US with First Class Mail for $2.60- $5.00 and most of the boxes are less than 6 oz so it would be $2.60 and at the longest it takes 5 days for the item to get from anywhere....

uneekaj
12/2/16

I ordered and received my glasses within 7 days. Perfect glasses. Perfect service!

chloed11
11/30/16

I bought my first pair of Warby parker glasses earlier in the year. Can't remember how long it took but i had to wait last time as well. I put my order in on 11/21/16. They have not sent me any follow up emails except for the stupid Black Friday deals i could give a sh** about. They tell you it will be to you within 10 days after you place your order. WELL, it's been just about 10 days so I give them a call. It's been placed 8 days after I ordered the DAMN GLASSES. So they were shipped 8 days.. after i placed my order. Pathetic, woman said they wouldn't be here till MAYBE Dec. 7th. Absolutely fed up and will never suggest this company to anyone again. Do not care how cool your stupid hipster effing glasses are. The company is trash.

tinekel
11/14/16

My daughter bought glasses from them, no problem. So, I was excited to get them because my last frames from Lenscrafters were almost $1,000 and I NEVER could see out of them. PLUS they were extremely scratched up after the first month and I purchased the "non-scratch" lenses. So I ordered my glasses on 10/29/16 from Warby Parker with much excitement. Well, that excitement has turned to disappointment and anger. I just called to find out where my glasses are because it's been over 2 weeks. They came in but they had an "imperfection", so they were sent back. Well, I went to the store on Saturday, hoping that they would be there and they weren't. They said it would be Monday. Well, I just called and come to find out they were NEVER re-ordered!!!! I really need my glasses and now I have to wait even longer for them...I will not use them again!!!

bf31
11/9/16

I ordered two pairs of cute glasses. And after 3 phone calls to keep providing them information I already provided, one lost order, and 4 weeks of waiting I finally got my glasses. Both had the wrong prescription - and each was wrong in a different way. I had to go back to the store, wait for a half hour, be told "it's not their job" to figure out how to handle the problem ("that is done by customer care ") I just returned them. Colossal waste of time to deal with WB

sandraj41
10/27/16

ordering the try on frames was quick and easy. Actually getting my glasses not so much. Ordered them on October 9. Wrote two weeks later to ask what was the turnaround time. They said they sent an email -- no email in my inbox, spam or junk files. Today i got two different responses one saying I would have my glasses by the end of this week and another saying next week. They were fast to charge my credit card but slow to get me my product. I would not recommend this company.

zacha518
10/24/16

They have a 10 business day delivery policy. I still haven't gotten my glasses, and it's been 11 business days. Customer service wasn't helpful.

mattr94
10/13/16

Like most people, I've had nothing but positive experience with WP
Have done the home try on and had a pair of $95 glasses for 3 years. Couldn't even get a decent frame for that price elsewhere. Frames & lenses equivalent to expensive ones I used to get at the major retailers. I'm ready to get new Rx glasses & sunglasses but think I might need to try progressives & wondering if anyone has had experience with those.

laurynl1
9/18/16

This is my first time ordering from WP and I've had a fabulous experience. I ordered Preston glasses, which didne't fit my nose right so I then called and they were helpful by having me pick 5 frames for at home try on. I didn't like any of my at home frames because I didn't pick any with the nose pads. I learned that I need glasses with nose pads. So I called after I sent the 5 try on ones back and they helpd me exchange the Preston ones for the Tansley ones I picked out. I will return the Preston once I get my new ones. They were quick to help me and super friendly. Thank you so much.

sharonr74
9/16/16

I was new to the Warby Parker brand. It was recommended to me by a coworker after telling her that Pearl Vision wanted to charge me upwards of $350 for a pair of glasses. She also directed me right to the Warby Parker website, where she explained that I could pick out some trial frames to have sent directly to my house at no cost to me. So, I did just that. It was so simple! Once I picked out my frames I liked, I entered in my prescription by simply taking a picture of it and uploading it the site. I just received my glasses today and I am beyond shocked at how quick the whole process was and all for a fraction of the price the other store wanted. I never even had to drive into Boston, which is the closest location to me, to get them. I strongly recommend getting your next pair of glasses from Warby Parker! I will be telling everyone I can about how efficient and simple the whole process was.

aliciap24
9/10/16

Purchased my glasses and sunglasses from Warby Parker. Paid the price for progressive lenses in both pairs. I will just say that I would rather settle at Warby Parker than go somewhere else. Glasses were great and fit right out of the box but the quality and service is above and beyond and I would rather settle, if I had to, than to go somewhere else. Quality is outstanding and service is above and beyond.

abigailm12
9/10/16

I had recently got a new prescription and needed some new glasses. I did the at home try on with five pairs and loved it! They shipped to me so fast and I found the perfect pair I wanted. You can keep them for up to 5 days but I didn't want to risk being charged for delayed shipping, so I sent them back the next day and there was no problem. I need progressive lenses so they are $295 instead of the advertised $95. But both prices are pretty cheap compared to some other retailers. Once I placed my order they were expected to arrive to me in 10-12 business days. I was on a tight deadline since I was heading back to college out of state very soon. It had been about a week and a half and I still had not received a tracking number and I was getting extremely worried. I emailed customer service to find out what was going on. I talked to the nicest woman ever, she assured me my glasses were almost finished and would be on the way. She also gave me an expected delivery date. My glasses took about two weeks after I ordered them for me to finally get them. But thankfully my glasses came earlier than what she said! Once I got them I was completely in love! They were exactly how I wanted and I could see so great out of them! No scratches or anything! About a week later the same woman from customer service emailed me again. She was checking in on me and wanted to know how my glasses were. I have now had my glasses for about 2 weeks and I recently got a little handwritten note in the mail from the same woman. She gave me some cloths to get rid of smudges on my glasses. Their customer service is amazing and they are so nice and helpful. The glasses may have taken a little longer than what I thought, but it ended up being fine! If you don't need progressive lenses then they will be cheaper and ship faster. But I highly recommend buying from here! You can do as many at home try-ons that you want and they're always FREE! The customer service is so nice and helpful and makes sure you're happy. The styles to choose from are so great! This is an awesome place to get new glasses!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

25 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Warby Parker staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week, 1 day ago
Answer
ellek5
Elle K.
A: A local eye doctor could perform this measurement for you and then you can submit it online
3 days, 5 hours ago