Review of Warby Parker

Tel: 888-492-7297
help@warbyparker.com

loism36
9/6/17

Stylish, affordable and a pleasure to deal with. The best company for eye glasses. My ophthalmologist said they do a great job.

neemahk
9/4/17

I was super super nervous about purchasing glasses online because anything could wrong so easily. I spent 2 weeks deciding if I should order from Warby Parker and I'm glad I made the decision. I got polycarbonate glasses with the 1.67 high index (since my eyesight sucks). I followed the instructions carefully like they legit said to do lol, and they also suggest talking to your optometrist too, but I know I didn't have a reason to. Anyways, the glasses shipped in 11 days, which is right in between the time they said they would come or somewhere around that. They came in a very protective style along with a case and cleaners, so the usual. My glasses are cute and the prescription was accurate! Love them so far. The people on the help chat were also super nice and helpful.

*Note: most people who did not like WP probably did not look in detail with the instructions or talk to their eye doctor for more information like the site said one should. Or someone who has such privileged expectations that nothing next to perfect is "horrible" so yeah WP is great! Esp. for young people like me who actually like nerdy glasses :))))

thon11
9/2/17

We bought a number of glassware pieces from Warby Parker previously. However, my last prescription pairs was a disaster. We bought their new concentric model with the blue hue. Well, they sent us a pair which obviously looks like it was used already - with both the model name and their own WP print faded. We sent two pics and it took them several days to come back to us to say they would replace it. Well, after several days of waiting, they sent us a new pairs and guess what - it was the brown one (not blue as what we wanted). Again, after another set of email exchanges, they then sent us another set... after four weeks. We asked to have their founders to address the issue. Of course, no comment from them. We ended up having to go back to their local stores several times to have the pairs adjusted. Their local staff is great, however. Their quality control is EXTREMELY poor as evidenced by what experienced. Buyers beware... They were used to be good.

greggorys1
8/22/17

Look, Warby Parker is THE place to get sunglasses. Period. They have such a good grasp on style from classic to modern , they got it all! Check out their website or one of their brick and mortar stores, it's totally worth it!

lpl1
8/15/17

Cheap Chinese goods posed as premium goods. Their lenses contain cancer causing substance in polycarbonate which is in California's proposition 65. They never bother to tell their customers. That's what I called evil!!

adamv29
8/9/17

WB came highly recommended from a coworker of mine. Overheard him speaking about them, checked the site and I was like no way... not for that price... what's the catch!? I got my prescription with PD measurement, ordered the glasses online Saturday 08/05 and I received them today; Wednesday 08/09... 4 days later. I got the Crane TI in grey and they are great. I couldn't be happier! $145 for frames and lenses, can't beat that! I don't mean to gush but they are really nice and after years of buying glasses for $450+, it is really an incredible buy. Design may not be for everyone as the frames are on the bigger side but they fit me really well!

robinl93
8/2/17

The price is very inexpensive and the service was great but concerned the quality isn't what I normally get in most eyeglasses. I've had my glasses from WarbyParker for about 2 months and the one thing I've noticed is that the lenses constantly need to be cleaned.

alexc199
7/30/17

Their glasses are too nerdy lookin, something a rich french model would wear, too bulky and none of their glasses are fit for normal everyday people. Just not my taste and they are very expensive

jenniferr204
7/26/17

Love the way their site works and how you can try glasses on Before you buy them! AND I love my glasses!! Can't wait to order another pair!

michaelw363
7/24/17

I love all of my Warby Parker glasses. For around $100 you simply can't find anything better in that price range in terms of style, quality and price.

susank147
7/22/17

They sent me frames to try on, they quality is very good. I didn't purchase any - just didn't find the perfect pair - good colors and very current designs.

haroldm49
7/21/17

Stylish and affordable. Portland location is awesome. Menswear artistic. Definitely shop there. They just need more outlets across the state.

mikeb391
7/5/17

$99 glasses, trendy, and good client service. What else do you need? They send out pairs for you to try before you buy.

kims262
7/3/17

I went into my local Warby Parker store and found the perfect frames for me. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I love the way I look in my glasses which is insane because I've always been a contact person. Reading some of these other reviews makes me wonder if people have any common sense at all. My glasses came a little warped and I went to my local optical shop to have them adjusted. How can they possibly fit your face perfectly out of the box? You're not there for them to adjust them to your face! Also THEIR PRICES! Polycarbonate lenses AND frames for $95?? Literally just do some research about it.

Tip for consumers: If you're having problems or are unhappy, call the customer service people. They've helped me with a couple issues and they're great.

ericr103
6/30/17

So easy and such a chic product selection. Way to go, Warby Parker! Super easy website and delivery of product.

allys88
6/13/17

I had a really positive experience with Warby Parker - from ordering 5 pairs of glasses to try on at home, to returning them (couldn't be easier!) to customer service to finally the glasses I ordered coming in. I love my Warby Parker glasses - and will recommend this company to my friends and family.

kcs4
6/6/17

My glasses broke 2 weeks after I received them!
I guess you get what you pay for. I will go back to my optical shop. They charge us more but gives me th high-quality I am used to!! Never again online glasses!!!

tl100
6/1/17

Warby Parker is a big thing in San Francisco. It's like we're trying to be Brooklyn, and we look up to them. WP is the default place to get glasses for trendy people in their 30s. There's a Warby Parker store in SF, and it has a very intimidating, exclusive hipster vibe. There was also a Warby Parker popup shop in Nordstrom some time ago.

I've done the WP home try-on a number of times. And none of the glasses ever seem to look or fit right on me. Now they have the low-bridge fit for Asians - and Asian or part-Asian models to show them off. But the Asian glasses don't look or feel right on me, either. Actually, I don't even have a low bridge, so regular glasses tend to fit fine at my nose. People need to remember that not all Asians are alike, and not all fit into some stereotype, physical or otherwise.

Somehow, the particular design and fit of WP glasses, including the low-bridge ones, are just very unsuitable for my face shape and features. They're worse for me than any typical brand. In addition to doing the home-try-on a few times, I've also tried on a lot of their glasses in person - and still, none their frames seemed to be right for me.

Warby Parker is a brand I've really wanted to like and buy from for years - but all their styles just continue to be very disappointing and unsuitable for me.

Their online customer service is very friendly and helpful. However, I was pretty much ignored the whole time I was in their SF store, though I tried on many pairs of glasses. Their Nordstrom popup shop was tiny, and they were forced to help me at some point. It didn't seem like they enjoyed interacting with me, though, and they seemed cold and distant. It didn't give me a good image of the WP brand, and it didn't make me want to buy the glasses there.

Tip for consumers: Stores and popup shops are hipster and intimidating. Home-try-on program is nice, and things go smoothly. I've tried on tons of their glasses, in store and through the home try-ons, but none of their frames have the right look or fit for me.

michellel206
5/30/17

Super excited to get my WP. I pick out my stockton frame and they arrive in a reasonable amount of time. Problem is the frame was all stretched out and bent. Someone manhandled these frames really bad. They wouldn't even sit on the table evenly, one of the arms was an inch off the table. So customer service, which is amazing, sent me another pair. These are less warped, but they are still slightly bent and crooked. When I put them on the table they wobble. I will keep them cus it's way better than the first crap they sent me. But I am not really happy with them either, the attention to detail is just not there. TWICE! Uggh. They are what they are, cheap glasses. I'll probably buy from them again, because the price and service, but my expectations are low for frame quality. Seriously, don't manhandle the frames when you put the lenses in! Be gentle! ugg.

andya48
5/19/17

....and they have no warranty beyond one year for $250+ progressive lenses. I won't use them again. They did offer a $50 discount on replacement of lenses and frames. Not worth taking the risk of another failure. I have had glasses from other (better quality?) sources last for 10 years.

leslieg47
5/16/17

Will actually help you to save money! Nice glasses, fun styles, great staff! Check it out!
We should have national healthcare that includes our eyes. Being blind isn't really healthy!

martah4
5/13/17

I love the looks of so many of the glasses. When I was in New York, I went to a store and tried sunglasses on. Later, I ordered them online without much trouble. They came, and I am getting nothing but compliments on them The quality is great, and they were only $95 with all the trimming, including polarization. Prescriptions are much cheaper here. I highly recommend the company.

anthonyp116
5/9/17

I was excited to try Warby Parker. I didn't order online but walked into one of their stores. This is the only reason I am giving them 2 stars instead of 1. The store was cool but the selection was cheap like the frames you get off the rack at banana republic or some other big retail store. I decided to take the risk and got a pair of frames with lenses. Well it's true, you get what you pay for. The lens kept popping out and the sides of the frames feel way to wide. I hate I wasted my money on this. I went back to my eye doctor and bought glasses through her. I paid a little more but at least the frame is comfortable and doesn't fall apart. I'm sticking with my local eye doctor from now on.

roweg
5/5/17

thank you for awesome <3 I really love this. Can I get some discount for next order? You guys already have my email. Please send me there.

vickim51
5/2/17

I am a huge fan of WP and got my 1st pair many years ago. Began telling everyone about them! Have needed to change prescription for several years but didn't because I loved them so! Finally, after leaving them in Costa Rica, had to order new ones. Prescription great but frames not happy with. They are fab...but, they dont fit like they should. the arms are much wider than the part that is at my eyes. In short...they feel too big (stretched out) and constantly fall off. I did ask WP if anything could be done. They suggested I go to my eye doctor, a Wal-Mart (or some other place) and get them adjusted. I dont want to go to my eye Dr or any other company and ask them to adjust a pair of glasses I didn't purchase from them. JUST me.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Very appreciate of Steve's points. However, the quality of lenses from "online websites" is not necessarily the same thing as quality from Warby Parker. Would be interested to hear more about the quality of the particular kinds of lenses that Warby Parker uses.

By John R. on 5/22/15
Helpful answer

A local eye doctor could perform this measurement for you and then you can submit it online

By Elle K. on 3/19/17
Helpful answer

Here's how they "handled" my experience, in an email: Hi Christopher, Thanks so much for responding to our survey. We really appreciate your feedback. I realize that it has taken us a couple of tries to get your progressive eyeglasses right, and I wanted to reach out to make sure that our most recent attempt was successful, and to ask if I can do anything to help. I also want to apologize for the fact that our Customer Experience team was not responsive to your requests. This is not the type of experience we like to provide our customers, and I want to do all in my power to improve your experience with Warby Parker. Please let me know if there is something I can do to help! Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great holiday weekend! Best, Ally

By Christopher Q. on 5/15/16
Helpful answer

WP provides the option to upload your prescription on the website, after you select your frames.

By Victoria P. on 1/13/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Warby Parker staff and other customers.

Warby Parker?