Review of Warby Parker

Tel: 888-492-7297
help@warbyparker.com

mikeb391
7/5/17

$99 glasses, trendy, and good client service. What else do you need? They send out pairs for you to try before you buy.

kims262
7/3/17

I went into my local Warby Parker store and found the perfect frames for me. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I love the way I look in my glasses which is insane because I've always been a contact person. Reading some of these other reviews makes me wonder if people have any common sense at all. My glasses came a little warped and I went to my local optical shop to have them adjusted. How can they possibly fit your face perfectly out of the box? You're not there for them to adjust them to your face! Also THEIR PRICES! Polycarbonate lenses AND frames for $95?? Literally just do some research about it.

Tip for consumers: If you're having problems or are unhappy, call the customer service people. They've helped me with a couple issues and they're great.

ericr103
6/30/17

So easy and such a chic product selection. Way to go, Warby Parker! Super easy website and delivery of product.

allys88
6/13/17

I had a really positive experience with Warby Parker - from ordering 5 pairs of glasses to try on at home, to returning them (couldn't be easier!) to customer service to finally the glasses I ordered coming in. I love my Warby Parker glasses - and will recommend this company to my friends and family.

kcs4
6/6/17

My glasses broke 2 weeks after I received them!
I guess you get what you pay for. I will go back to my optical shop. They charge us more but gives me th high-quality I am used to!! Never again online glasses!!!

tl100
6/1/17

Warby Parker is a big thing in San Francisco. It's like we're trying to be Brooklyn, and we look up to them. WP is the default place to get glasses for trendy people in their 30s. There's a Warby Parker store in SF, and it has a very intimidating, exclusive hipster vibe. There was also a Warby Parker popup shop in Nordstrom some time ago.

I've done the WP home try-on a number of times. And none of the glasses ever seem to look or fit right on me. Now they have the low-bridge fit for Asians - and Asian or part-Asian models to show them off. But the Asian glasses don't look or feel right on me, either. Actually, I don't even have a low bridge, so regular glasses tend to fit fine at my nose. People need to remember that not all Asians are alike, and not all fit into some stereotype, physical or otherwise.

Somehow, the particular design and fit of WP glasses, including the low-bridge ones, are just very unsuitable for my face shape and features. They're worse for me than any typical brand. In addition to doing the home-try-on a few times, I've also tried on a lot of their glasses in person - and still, none their frames seemed to be right for me.

Warby Parker is a brand I've really wanted to like and buy from for years - but all their styles just continue to be very disappointing and unsuitable for me.

Their online customer service is very friendly and helpful. However, I was pretty much ignored the whole time I was in their SF store, though I tried on many pairs of glasses. Their Nordstrom popup shop was tiny, and they were forced to help me at some point. It didn't seem like they enjoyed interacting with me, though, and they seemed cold and distant. It didn't give me a good image of the WP brand, and it didn't make me want to buy the glasses there.

Tip for consumers: Stores and popup shops are hipster and intimidating. Home-try-on program is nice, and things go smoothly. I've tried on tons of their glasses, in store and through the home try-ons, but none of their frames have the right look or fit for me.

michellel206
5/30/17

Super excited to get my WP. I pick out my stockton frame and they arrive in a reasonable amount of time. Problem is the frame was all stretched out and bent. Someone manhandled these frames really bad. They wouldn't even sit on the table evenly, one of the arms was an inch off the table. So customer service, which is amazing, sent me another pair. These are less warped, but they are still slightly bent and crooked. When I put them on the table they wobble. I will keep them cus it's way better than the first crap they sent me. But I am not really happy with them either, the attention to detail is just not there. TWICE! Uggh. They are what they are, cheap glasses. I'll probably buy from them again, because the price and service, but my expectations are low for frame quality. Seriously, don't manhandle the frames when you put the lenses in! Be gentle! ugg.

andya48
5/19/17

....and they have no warranty beyond one year for $250+ progressive lenses. I won't use them again. They did offer a $50 discount on replacement of lenses and frames. Not worth taking the risk of another failure. I have had glasses from other (better quality?) sources last for 10 years.

leslieg47
5/16/17

Will actually help you to save money! Nice glasses, fun styles, great staff! Check it out!
We should have national healthcare that includes our eyes. Being blind isn't really healthy!

martah4
5/13/17

I love the looks of so many of the glasses. When I was in New York, I went to a store and tried sunglasses on. Later, I ordered them online without much trouble. They came, and I am getting nothing but compliments on them The quality is great, and they were only $95 with all the trimming, including polarization. Prescriptions are much cheaper here. I highly recommend the company.

anthonyp116
5/9/17

I was excited to try Warby Parker. I didn't order online but walked into one of their stores. This is the only reason I am giving them 2 stars instead of 1. The store was cool but the selection was cheap like the frames you get off the rack at banana republic or some other big retail store. I decided to take the risk and got a pair of frames with lenses. Well it's true, you get what you pay for. The lens kept popping out and the sides of the frames feel way to wide. I hate I wasted my money on this. I went back to my eye doctor and bought glasses through her. I paid a little more but at least the frame is comfortable and doesn't fall apart. I'm sticking with my local eye doctor from now on.

roweg
5/5/17

thank you for awesome <3 I really love this. Can I get some discount for next order? You guys already have my email. Please send me there.

vickim51
5/2/17

I am a huge fan of WP and got my 1st pair many years ago. Began telling everyone about them! Have needed to change prescription for several years but didn't because I loved them so! Finally, after leaving them in Costa Rica, had to order new ones. Prescription great but frames not happy with. They are fab...but, they dont fit like they should. the arms are much wider than the part that is at my eyes. In short...they feel too big (stretched out) and constantly fall off. I did ask WP if anything could be done. They suggested I go to my eye doctor, a Wal-Mart (or some other place) and get them adjusted. I dont want to go to my eye Dr or any other company and ask them to adjust a pair of glasses I didn't purchase from them. JUST me.

waltern12
4/26/17

This company markets a product that is average quality and a bit pricey for the product you get. Anything other than a standard single view prescription is way too expensive. I prefer to just take it up the proverbial you know what and buy really good quality frames and lenses at an optical shop.

I did buy a pair of non-scrip sunglasses that I really like, but they were just as expensive as Ray Ban.

janicea32
4/26/17

Fantastic prices and deals! You get a fabulous experience at Warby Parker. They have great customer service and top notch glasses.

layneh2
4/25/17

First, I found both the online chat and phone customer service very good at WB, even for a return and refund. But when I received my glasses neither of the lenses was all the way into the frames. I was able to pop the right one into place, but the left simply wouldn't fit tightly--it still rocked with every movement. Perhaps this happened because my strong progressives wouldn't work with the small frame (Renwick), but if so, someone should have contacted me to choose another frame, or at least looked at the finished product and sent them back to be remade. WP has better quality and selection then other <$100 online frames-and-polycarb-lenses online places (e.g., Felix and Iris or Classic Specs), but they're sooo flimsy. I'd use WP only if I wanted a few pairs of glasses to go with different outfits.

If you don't plan to change your frames every year, maybe spend another $50-$100 to get a mid-range brand-name (genuine), Luxottica-made frame (basically every brand) with comparable lenses at glasses.com. It only has virtual try-on, so you'd need to go someplace like Lenscrafters and write down the style number and dimensions, then search glasses.com (which includes the same-as-everywear poly carb basic lenses in the prices) or the brand's retail site. They'll let you return them,. If you want lens upgrades or just don't like the thicker free lenses, it may be cheaper to go to Costco for better lenses that won't cost much more or may be cheaper than the upgrade surcharges at online places. Not a paid spokesperson--my husband bought his prescription RayBans frames online and the total with Costco's 1.67 progressives was about the same price as with the upgrades needed to get the same lens everywhere online (Warby included). I also did this for Polos for 1.67 single-vision computer glasses. And you get strong temples and better-finished acetate, and they should last for two years.

dg108
4/19/17

The website does not seem to work completely either in Safari or Google Chrome. There are bits that just don't load/function.

Having managed to buy something, I then got multiple emails about needing a photo to be uploaded to measure pupillary distance, despite the fact that they had this information on the prescription that they had already accepted. I was given an estimated delivery date, which has been missed. According to USPS, using the tracking number given, the glasses haven't even been handed over to them as a carrier yet! Zero info so far on what's happened, and whether this is just a case of USPS being slow or WP not having managed to put my glasses in the mail yet.

I really do wish I had trusted my instincts and not bothered with WP.

elizabethi16
4/18/17

always excellent service, products are beautiful and superb and price that can't be beat!! WP donates a pair of glasses for every pair you buy!! Can't get any better!! I am obsessed with WP!!!

pattib35
4/18/17

My daughter has purchased a couple of pair of Warby Parker glasses in the past and was extremely happy with the process ... I had ventured online a couple of times but wasn't ever confident enough in my choices to purchase a pair for myself. I ventured upon a local shop carrying Warby Parker frames and had a heyday trying them on ... love the fact that the cost of the frame includes everything, and the mission of the organization, too. Bought my first pair, had a fitting issue which was promptly, courteously and professionally addressed - I'm sold! I am telling everyone about the outstanding customer service, chic styles and great value of your product. Keep up the outstanding work!

brendal70
4/16/17

I've always been happy with the glasses I've gotten from WP. Fast shipping and so much cheaper than my optometrist's office.

eddyh10
4/11/17

Great but overpriced. They have great branding and can get away with charging so much. I could get the same quality for half the price

alexanderm72
4/10/17

The ordering experience with WP is so incredibly easy and smooth. They mailed me all frames to try, and I found the frames I like. I sent the frames back, then they mailed me the glasses. Simple as that!

janetc15
4/8/17

I'm from New York City, and there's a Warby Parker here that is always packed. They receive a lot of praises and everyone loves them so I'm surprised to see a lot of bad experiences here. I discovered Warby Parker in a commercial and decided to go to the store. At the time, I wore a really distasteful pair of glasses. Despite what it seems, frames and lens at the optometrist is quite expensive. The price I paid for the frames and lens at Warby Parker was well worth my money. For people with really bad vision, the upgrade to the slimmer lenses is also worth it.

The customer service was great and I was glad to get glasses for such a low price. I throw my glasses everywhere and never put them into a case for storage (even though the case is really nice). I sat on the glasses by accident, they fall everywhere, and I generally don't take care of them. The last three years, the most damage the glasses received was two small scuffs on the lenses.

caitlync2
4/3/17

Looked in to these just to see if they are all the cracked up to be.... And you get what you pay for is all I can say. Worst quality glasses I have ever seen. Scratch at the slightest touch and the lens are such a poor quality. Go to your optometrist and order a real pair of glasses that is worth your money instead!

halb25
4/3/17

I felt as though the entire company was focused on my order. My glasses are more than I expected. I can't wait until I can save enough money to purchase a second pair.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Very appreciate of Steve's points. However, the quality of lenses from "online websites" is not necessarily the same thing as quality from Warby Parker. Would be interested to hear more about the quality of the particular kinds of lenses that Warby Parker uses.

By John R. on 5/22/15
Helpful answer

A local eye doctor could perform this measurement for you and then you can submit it online

By Elle K. on 3/19/17
Helpful answer

Here's how they "handled" my experience, in an email: Hi Christopher, Thanks so much for responding to our survey. We really appreciate your feedback. I realize that it has taken us a couple of tries to get your progressive eyeglasses right, and I wanted to reach out to make sure that our most recent attempt was successful, and to ask if I can do anything to help. I also want to apologize for the fact that our Customer Experience team was not responsive to your requests. This is not the type of experience we like to provide our customers, and I want to do all in my power to improve your experience with Warby Parker. Please let me know if there is something I can do to help! Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great holiday weekend! Best, Ally

By Christopher Q. on 5/15/16
Helpful answer

WP provides the option to upload your prescription on the website, after you select your frames.

By Victoria P. on 1/13/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Warby Parker staff and other customers.

Warby Parker?