US Government’s NSF

New York, NY 10003, USA
Tel: 3087545525

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

there are so many travel comparison sites. I used to use orbitz, now I might grab it out of an add banner ...

I had planned my trip all summer while my son was away at Boot camp to drive out and see him graduate. I called a week before to confirm and everything was as it should be.The morning I was to leave out I went to pick the vehicle up from the airport like we planned. I had prepaid but when they stated I owed 570.00 plus 200.00 deposit I about flipped I even pulled up the email from Orbitz showing them and they said they have that problem all the time. I called Orbitz was hung up on then called back and was told it would take 5 days for them to return my funds to the bank.. So I ended up getting a oil change and 4 new tires for my little ole car and praying I make it across country.U.S.Marine Mom

Reserved a car online thru Orbitz. Itinerary states to pick up car at USAV car rental. Spend (1.5 hrs) here and due to complications I ended up not renting car. The next day, Orbitz charged me $132 for insurance and USAV charged me a an unknown service of $25. That same day, I wrote Orbitz online customer service to explain situation, look up email confirmation, itinerary #, etc and to request a refund of both charges (20 min). Frustrated and With no response after 3-days, I phoned Orbitz rep who informed me that the reservation should have been automatically canceled without charges if car was not picked up. Unfortunately, we were cut off before he could assist me further (15 min). I called back and had to explain the issue again. This time the Orbitz rep placed me on hold while she contacted USAV to verify that I did not rent with them. Then she informed me that she had to send an emai request to the "on-line team" to process the Orbitz insurance and this would take 2-4 days. She further stated that I had to call the USAV supervisor to resolve the $25 charge. As I waited while she composed her letter, I though to myself, Why do I have to follow up? Orbitz does business with USAV and should do the follow up. I also thought, Why can't I contact the "on-line team" directly to expedite my refund? I expressed my concerns so she had to revise her email to also follow up with USAV. I was quite upset at this point so I was offered a $25 coupon for my next visit which I declined. I told her that I did not intend to use ORBITZ in the future. (33 min). Rating 2: The phone representatives were courteous

Haven't gone yet, but don't anticipate trouble. Flight, hotel, and car sll taken care of.

Orbitz advertised one price for airline tickets, but was going to charge me 50% more when in the purchase process. Long story behind this short summary, but suffice to say the company is not customer friendly and consistently misleads in its advertising. Had a bad experience with Orbitz a few years ago, but decided to give them a another chance (maybe there was a genuine misunderstanding the first time). Big mistake!! This company is flat out dishonest.

Do not rent a car through Orbitz!! Had booked reservations for car rental weeks in advance, went to pick up car...NO car available. Called Orbitz, after an hour conversation, booked another car through another car rental agency, showed up on time....NO car available! Called Orbitz back...could not even understand the poor English spoken of agent! Pissed!! Need a rental car NOW!

I had accidentally booked a flight on Orbitz I had already booked on Expedia (they own orbitz by the way). I used the cancel trip button on orbitz, thinking I was cancelling m trip. This was done immediately. I thought my trip had been cancelled, but they never received the cancellation. I called 2 days later and was told I would have to pay $400 in flight cancellation fees. I explained what happened and they insisted I have to pay. So, they are making me pay flight cancellation fees for a flight I'm actually still booked on. Same flight, same place, same time.

I can't understand why they wouldn't give a long time customer of their services a break with this. Why would I buy 2 flight at the same time to the same place? Why did they not get the cancellation? Very poor customer service, very hard to understand the people I was talking to. I'm never using this site or any affiliates again. I'd rather book myself directly through airlines and hotels now. This headache and dent in my pocket is not worth the hassle

After 40 minutes Com told me that son could not change his flight after putting me on hold 5 times. Wow Orbitz really?? Then you tell me to cough up another $280 to change flight times... Always book with the airlines, its much safer in case something happens!!

overseas customer service is horrible in every way, shape, and form....

Very good web site, But expensive

I don't understand how this business can still be around! Worst experience ever booking a room!

Do not use Orbitz to book any of your travels. I have missed my connecting flight because the flights (yes flights with an 's') I had booked through Orbitz were late and caused me to miss my connection, which was the last one of the evening. Now, because my connection was a round trip and I missed it, they will not refund me ANY of the money or the hotel. Not only did I spend 1.5 hours on the phone with them to try to sort this out, but they did nothing for me, NOTHING. Not to mention my bags were also lost, which I told them. You would think as a place of customer service they would do something. No, I just have to eat $1,500?! Do not book any travels through them, go directly to the airlines. When you work with the airlines, the airlines work with you. I have never experienced this with any airline before.

Booked a long round trip with this service including 2 connections. Got the exact trip i wanted at a price that was $200 cheaper per person compared to other sites, and was $400 cheaper than my local flight agent.

In Feb 2016 I booked a trip (flight and rental car) through Orbitz. While booking the rental car I kept getting an error on the website stating that they couldn't process the transaction and to try again, which I did and kept getting the error message. Come to find out that even though I was getting the error message the system was processing the booking thus I ended up with 6 rental car bookings. I called and customer service said that they had deleted all but one car booking. a couple weeks later I was looking at my credit card statement and saw that I was charge by Orbitz for two rental cars. When I called customer service they told me that it was the rental car problem not theirs. I disagree because it was Orbitz on the credit card statement, not the rental car company, and it was Orbitz that took the card for payment. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was hung up on. I called many times asking for a supervisor and only received argument or they would hang up on me. I even tried emailing several times and the response was you have an active car reservation. I called Capital One to see if they could help. They called Orbitz while I was on the line and Orbitz hung up on them too. Capital One said that they would try to work it out with Orbitz. I went on the trip April 3-10, when I went to pick up the rental car the person there asked me about the second reservation, I explained and he said no worries he thought it was a mistake. Then I received a message last night from Capital one that Orbitz gave them 'evidence' that the charge was correct. I don't know what that evidence can be. How can one person drive two cars? The vacation has past and Orbitz can contact Budget and they can verify that I only took one car. I was charged $226.35 for something I did not want nor booked. At the beginning of this nightmare, I just wanted my credit card credited back for $226.35. I have wasted a lot of time, energy and emotion in getting a wrong righted. It bothers me that a company I have used for years is treated me like this, it is criminal.

SIX PHONE CALLS! "No sir, you must cancel your reservation directly with the airline." NO NO NO! The Airline siad you are wrong and YOU, the travel agency that booked the flight, must cancel the reservations... BACK AND FORTH. NEVER AGAIN will I ever use ORBITZ! PERIOD.

After stupidly booking a reservation on orbitz and paying extra so it could be cancelled, I found that the dates were wrong. So I called orbitz and spent 40min on hold only to be told they couldn't do the cancellation on half the ticket. They other half they claimed to be able to cancel and put me on hold while doing that ... for 30min before the line was cut! Now I'm going to call the credit card company. I'll never use orbitz again!

very helpful

I have bought many tickets from this site and have always been pleased. I have never had any problems with them and have found their prices to be slightly less than Expedia several times, especially when buying one-way tickets. No complaints here, will use again and recommend.

I scheduled a trip to Asia and was using Orbitz as a travel resource between destinations on my trip. I started in Hong Kong then planned to travel to Beijing by train and then fly from Beijing to Bangkok, Thailand. Unfortunately, despite every effort I made, extenuating circumstances prevented me from catching my train to Beijing and thus I missed my flight from Beijing to Bangkok, which I booked through Orbitz. I had to adjust my itinerary for the trip and contacted a customer service representative in the US from where I was staying in Hong Kong. The gentleman was very kind and patient and spent nearly half an hour helping me reconstruct my itinerary. This representative informed me that the money I had spent initially ($553) for my flight from Beijing to Bangkok could not be diverted to my new itinerary when I canceled the flight, but a credit of that amount would be placed on my account with Orbitz to use toward any domestic flights within the United States provided I use the credit within a year after my flight cancellation (expiration date of credit: April 1, 2016).

February 18, 2016 I contacted Orbitz about claiming my refund and was told by the representative I spoke with - again, a very kind and patient individual - that I received incorrect information. I could only use this credit with the airline I canceled with, which was a Chinese airline. Not American. Furthermore, to use this credit I would be subject to penalty fees of up to $200. I expressed to this representative that this policy is ludicrous and incredibly misleading, and he agreed with me and apologized saying there wasn't anything he could do.

I contacted the BBB with the details of my complaint and was contacted by a customer relations representative. She reviewed every aspect of my complaint thoroughly, but ultimately said that there was nothing they could do to remedy the situation. I decided not to continue pushing my complaint with the BBB in any interest of financial retribution, and see greater worth in sharing my experience with fellow travelers to advise them to seek other resources besides Orbitz. Please, learn from my experiences and do not make the same mistake I did by trusting Orbitz. Hopefully you find this review helpful!

I booked a reservation, subsequently cancelled it for a different ticket, was told I could get a complete refund, booked another reservation for the same destination, sent it to my client, checked on it 2 hours later and someone at Orbitz cancelled the new ticket instead of the first reservation. I am now scrambling for another flight and am now being told that there isn't any refund. I have spent HOURS on this.

Be careful what you're signing up for!

My Visa card was used fraudulently to book a two-night stay in a hotel using Orbitz Worldwide as the booking agent. Orbitz have a system (quite common place in online travel agencies apparently) whereby online customers pay for travel services using credit details that do not have to match the person who books into the hotel. Orbitz take payment from customers, charge commission and then pay the hotels. Guests can book into hotels without being asked for ID to prove that they have used their own credit cards to make the bookings. Orbitz have so far not taken responsibility for their lack of security and have accused me of making a fraudulent claim. My advice is be very careful when using their services.

I usually always book threw, but this time Orbiz had the room cheaper so I decided to give them a try. My plans did change so I couldn't make it to the hotel on the scheduled date. I tried to call to inform Orbiz but couldn't get an answer so I had to wait until the start of the business day. Only to have gone threw 3 reps that wouldn't even consider calling the hotel to try and rearrange the dates. I was even willing to pay for for the extra night. Basically, they wouldn't negotiate just stated since I didn't make it they cancelled it and I couldn't get my money back. They also kept stating that the hotel was responsible for keeping my booking fees. I contacted the hotel and they stated that they do charge a one night cancellation fee. So if they charge one night, where is the other two nights I paid for go? I asked Orbiz. Yeah, they keep it. Although they could refund it but they choose not to because it's a company that had its own best interest in mind. Which is not the mentality at They always no matter what try to get you a refund or reschedule or whatever to make sure YOU the consumer are on top at the end. I can't be upset with Orbiz for their policy you have some companies/ corporations that take and every now and then you have companies/ corporations that really cares about you the consumer and I promise you this is not one of those caring companies/corporations. If you are absolutely sure you will make your planned trip go with them, I guess. But if you understand that sometimes life happens. Go to

They straight theive from your credit card. I had my phone giving me text alerts from my credit card in the middle of the night after I had checked out of the hotel I used it at 2days ago. Still haven't received my money back yet. 5day wait still nothing.

I used the Orbitz automated system to book an early morning flight with United Airlines. When I recieved my confirmation it was not the flight I had chosen and take off was 12 hours later than I needed. I called customer service and they were very nice about cancelling the first flight and booking the flight I originally desired. Was given discounts and credits in consolation for my troubles. Was very pleased with the experience...
Upon checking my bank account I find three separate transactions for the same amount, two from United and one from Orbitz! I accepted the second charge would be for the cancelled flight and would be refunded shortly... The third charge is a mystery to me and is now causing NSF charges to my account because I'm just a working man supporting a disabled vet wife, and a young pregnant daughter on a budget.
After calling customer service twice on this matter I have come to the conclusion that I have to eat the NSF charge myself and quit whining
Thank you Orbitz for my good and bad experience

58 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Orbitz staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 8/10/15
A: Depends where you are flying from and where you are flying to
on 8/10/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Orbitz staff and other customers.