Review of Orbitz

info@runehealing.com
2017 Customer choice award

helenc110
9/7/17

I booked a vacation package with orbitz for a thanksgiving trip to Cancun, mexico. They switched my flight, it is a one stop flight, they changed one flight one day later the original date, while the second flight still the old date, means when we take the first flight, the second fligh has been long gone. Such a simple questions, it took me and my husband lots of hrs holding on the line and kept getting same answer: they have contact the fligh company, within 48 hrs will give a response. then either we don't have any response or same email notice our flight has been changed.
Last time, I insisted to speak a supervisor, the guy called Mirk, won't gave me the last name. I on the phone with lots of holding up to 3 hrs, he promised me to have a resolution within 48 hrs, and give me a case number, but results are the same, no information for 5 days already. Now need another couple hrs holding....
DO NOt USE THIS $#*! COMPANY, full of lie! JUST a SCAM,!!
I regret I did not check review before I booked my trip, it is a night mare!

royan5
8/29/17

Ok so up front the prices are good. Often Kayak.com beats them but they do have good rates. All is well if you don't need customer service re: your already purchased ticket. I have had to call a few times over the last few days and every time it was a minimum of an hour 1/2 wait...So they at least provide the option to receive a call back everytime they state it will be an hour & 1/2. One time it was within that time yes an hour & 1/2 later. The second time I did not receive a call back at all and 3 hours later I called again and set up another call back. It then took 2 hours to receive that call back. Once you get a representative some of them are really good others are average at best. The next day I had another question and again received the message that It would be at least an hour 1/2 and could receive a call back...that call back came nearly 5 hours later. Then to add insult to injury while I was on hold the call disconnected. I then had to call again. the system put me through to a rep. I was shocked...ended up that she could only help with hotel reservations. So for hotels the provide normal service. Then I was forwarded to the flights department and again it is an hour 1/2 wait or longer. I give them a 1 star even though they do provide adequate help when you get a hold of someone...and do have decent prices....because I find it appalling that ANY company would think it's ok to have a customer wait EVERY time they call for hours at a time & have a call back system that is flawed. It says ALOT about the ethics and character of the company that it would not have more reps available to be of assistance. If they have that many people calling they should err on the side of good customer service not poor. If this happened once or twice that it was this long of a wait I would just think that I called at a high volume time. However this happens EVERY TIME at all hours. I live in CA and it was the same thing at 9pm PST when I had to resubmit a call request which happened 2-21/2 hours later. Kayak.com provides excellent and accessible service. I have been using Kayak for at least 15 years and NEVER had such issues when using them. Plus kayak now sends you over to the airline to book your flight so if there are any issues you can go directly to the airline even for changes....unlike orbitz. you have to call them and end up in this never ending loop of just trying to get someone. Simply Orbitz this is not acceptable!!

abek6
8/28/17

This is a good website for locating prices on hotels and airlines. However, when I called them, the wait time was over 45 minutes to speak to a live representative. They basically do not want you to call them and do everything online; yet they say they provide excellent customer service. They do not.

mb242
8/25/17

I used Orbitz for the first time to book a vacation for my family. I took their recommendation for the "luxury" hotel and accommodations ( it was advertised as a suite). The package I bought was for the hotel and airfare. Unfortunately I did not think to ask for the breakdown of cost between the airfare and hotel at the time. Note I was traveling with my spouse and three minor children. When we arrived at the hotel it was, to say the least, horrible. The air conditioning was not working (we were in a very hot climate), there were puddles on the floor from windows leaking, mold on the walls, the kitchen area was grimy, dirty, and appliances broken, the rest of the place was not clean and there was an inappropriate, poster sized picture on the wall by the door of a woman pulling her pants down showing her bare bottom. We complained to the hotel manager. He offered us another room but it wasn't any better. I called Orbitz and told them we were not going to stay there. I was in a foreign country with no place to stay and was transferred around Orbitz customer service, which was terrible. Also, after seeing this hotel I did not trust them to find me decent lodgings somewhere else. I called other hotels at my own expense, and found availability. After much delay/debate, Orbitz offered me a credit of only $1,700 for the hotel - my total bill with them was $6,300 for airfare and hotel. So that would mean my airfare was $4,600. The new hotel cost me $6K for two rooms for the week (last minute booking so expensive).
I didn't have much choice but to take the credit and go to the new hotel, thinking I would get in touch with Orbitz when I returned to make it right. I mentioned above that I was traveling with three minor children and we needed a decent place to stay. I checked online and found the same flights for $2K less than what I paid for them. I only searched for about 10 minutes to find better fares. I called United and confirmed the same prices I found were available at the time I booked.
When I returned home I called Orbitz customer service and was on hold/transferred around for hours. I asked for a full refund to cover the additional $6K I had to spend for the new hotel, but at the very least, a refund of $2K for the discrepancy in airfares I found. Orbitz was not helpful in the least. I received nothing and the customer service personnel, even when transferred to a supervisor, were not helpful and at times rude.
Please use this as a discretionary tale to not use Orbitz for your travel. Do not trust the hotels they recommend or what they have on their sites, and expect nothing in terms of customer service or remediation. They do not have the lowest airfares as advertised - quite the opposite. They do not check the hotels they recommend and customer service/remediation is non-existent.

They have lost a customer (they didnt seem to care) and I will tell as many as I can to warn them against using Orbitz for their travels.

sunnys46
8/16/17

The customer service representatives, almost by design, are trained to frustrate you. You ask a simple question and they will respond with a completely irrelevant and unrelated answer. Either they are all completely incompetent or are trained to mislead and cause confusion. Every call can eat up 45 minutes to an hour. The hotel coupon offers don't work for most of the hotels or seem to stop working well before their expiry date. Lots of gimmicks and diversions to give you the false impression that you are getting good deals. Most unpleasant experience overall!!!

suem128
8/15/17

I had $73.29 in "Orbucks Rewards". I looked up the hotel I wanted to stay in and the Orbitz website said I could get the room for $45, and it said "Orbucks applied". Great. I booked it and my credit card was charged for $136.37. I immediately called Orbitz and was told that was because the hotel would not accept Orbucks as payment. WHAT?!?!? The Orbitz site claimed the room would cost me $45! They did not say "if the hotel decides to accept this". I couldn't cancel because the rate I chose was for a non-refundable room (plus, I really wanted to stay there that night anyway.) The rep refused to apply the Orbucks to my account or give me any credit on my charge card. She told me I have until the end of the year to use my credits somewhere else. I will do that. Then I will cancel my Orbitz account AND my Orbitz credit card, and will do business with someplace reputable that stands by what they post on their site.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: After calming down from my discussion with the so-called "customer service" rep described above, I called back and got a young gentleman who was everything the first woman was not. He not only agreed with me, he called the hotel, explained the situation to a manager and got her permission to cancel the non-refundable room. The entire amount was credited to my credit card. He then rebooked my room at the discounted rate, using my Orbucks rewards dollars. He was extremely professional and helpful, and quite apologetic about my first encounter. I would have easily given him 5 stars because he was the epitome of excellent customer service. I'm averaging his performance with hers to get 3 stars. So if you know you are correct, don't let a poorly trained rep in the wrong job talk you out of a bargain. Try again and see if you can get someone in the right job to do the right thing.

egzons
7/31/17

I booked a 2 family trip to cancun for all 10 travelers to be on the same flight the agent told me ill put you all on the same flight and i trusted him 3 days later i look at both family tickets and both families coming back to new york are different called orbitz they say there is nothing you could do there is no refund! IT WAS ALL THE AGENTS FAULT! THANKS FOR RUINING MY VACATION NOW ORBITZ WE DONT EVEN WANT TO GO ANYMORE!!

rn35
7/21/17

I've had to call them 5 times each time over an hour, and they kept messing my reservation up and cancelling it. Literally not worth using because they are the worst.. You will go on multiple calls with different people overseas and they will not admit that they made mistakes so that you'd have to go through your credit card to dispute the transaction. Worst customer service I've ever dealt with. DO NOT USE. EVER. EVEN IF IT SAVES YOU MONEY!

mariam418
7/18/17

Orbitz made traveling more convenient for me and my husband. We get reminders about our bookings and rebooking is usually easy too. There was just one instance that when we booked for a room at a hotel in Kansas City and on the day we went to check in, we were told we are not getting the room we booked. We asked for a refund but we were refunded a measly $4.00 for a $100.00 room! Not sure if it was Orbitz's fault or the hotel's...

mayankm3
6/30/17

Booked a king room and got a queen toom. When called they said hotel changed without taking any responsibility. I am never going to use them again .

mega942
6/27/17

On hold In India for over 3 hours. 3 customer service reps. Asked for someone in the United States. Never came back on the phone. I a not going to use them ever ever again.

maryh334
6/20/17

If buying airline tickets through Orbitz (Expedia). Great prices if things go right Butif not their customer support is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever dealt with. Their company will transfer you between agents all day hoping you will give up. You will never receive the same answer from any two agents. You can ask to talk to their supervisor at any time but be warned you will be on hold for at least 40 minutes, each time you go up a level in support, you will need to tell the new person the whole request again. They will repeatedly ask you to reply to the email they send you (dont let them hang up during that time as you will need to start all over again when the email never comes). Once you get the email you will be instructed to reply to the email (can t copy and paste into a new email) with supporting documentation with your confidential information and receipts. You will never hear from that agent or Orbitz again. They will tell you they havent received the email yet, they hang up and you will never hear from that agent or Orbitz again. They will not call you back as promised. Every time you call, this action will be repeated, they will give you a fax number, dont bother to send anything as they will not get that either. Finally, you will be denied access to the agent you have been dealing with and will need to start all over. You will never be given a phone number to contact them directly. While on hold most times over 1 hour, no one will let you know how much longer, you will be forced to listen to crackly music. If you need to really talk with them, dont give up at this point as you will just need to start again. Be sure to clear all 8 hours each day for at least 4 days. You will not be given a break as their agents are. You will be expected to answer within 3 seconds when they come back on the line and if you dont answer, they will hang up on you and you guessed it, back to the beginning. For my simple problem, it was 4 days, 8 hours each day gathering information, talking to agent after agent and faxing and emailing and preparing all your proof. You will finally give in as I did. Trust me it is not worth the few dollars you save booking through them. Airlines directly from now on. And this isnt even a complaint about the original problem which, you guessed it, was Orbitz fault.

aunyf
5/26/17

This was the worst experience I have ever had to deal with a travel company. I book a hotel room through orbitz at a super 8 hotel in Virginia for three nights. My flight was delayed so I contacted the hotel super 8 and orbitz right away after being airborne. Orbitz state that the they needed to get approval from the manager at super 8, which made no sense due to me paying orbitz as a third party. Orbitz stated they would not be about to get back to me in 24 -48. Yet I need a hotel room right after my flight landed. After making it to Virginia I contact orbitz again to see if they would credit me back for the flight delay. Again they stated they needed to contact the manager at the super 8 for approval, still not understanding since they are the ones that took my money. Orbitz representative Ron states, will the policy under your in itinerary states no refunds or changes. Responding by saying that my flight being delayed was out of my control, which he proceeded in telling me to go still check in at the hotel. He also contacted the hotel serveral times trying to speak to the manager, which the manager at the super 8 hotel was not there again. Making it to the hotel, I was spoken to rudely by the super 8 front office employee Karen. Karen proceeds to tell me that the night my flight was delayed, my whole reservation was cancelled since I did not check in the first night. She also states the hotel Super 8 only charge me for the first night. Shock by her statement, I explained to her that I contact not only the hotel super8, I had also contacted orbitz right after finding out about my flight. Also within that call no mention to me that my reservation was cancelled. Not orbitz or super 8 hotel in Virginia, Hampton off of Jefferson. After finding this out i contact Orbitz, which I continue to stay on the phone with them for 3 hours. Nothing was done about my room situation or how I was treated within those 3 hours, which orbitz mentions again they need the managers approval and they will contact me back in the morning. Drained I had to drive around the area looking for a hotel for the nights I would be their. Not receiving a reponse the next day. I proceed to call again, which I was put off again. Making it back from my trip, I receive an email from Orbitz stating that it is nothing they could and they can not refund me my money back. So not only, did I not receive a call back when they said they were going to contact me they did not give me none of my money back. Also finiding out that hotel super8 only charge me for one night, I had to call again to what is going on. Again they proceed to tell me they wil have to wait to contact the manager at the hotel for that information. Still highly upset, I moving for to not only reporting them, but also seeking legal to proceed to get my money back at a hotel I never stayed at. I wish I could give them 0 stars on here.

lisal274
5/13/17

NEVER use Orbitz! I booked a flight via Orbitz months ago. Since then, I have received hundreds of promotional e-mails from Orbitz. At least one per day and usually several per day. I tried unsubscribing - no luck, the e-mails never even slowed down. I blocked the address of sender - no luck, the e-mails started up again. I directed the e-mail to my spam folder - no luck, it started hitting my inbox again. How is this even possible? I contacted corporate - TWICE - each time I was assured the e-mails would stop. They have not. I am losing my mind . . .

melissaw89
4/20/17

I rented a car through orbitz. On the day of pickup hertz did not have the car nor would they honor the reservation. Called Orbitz costumer service only to be told that they don't have to honor it. It was a waste of time to even make a reservation. And it almost ruined my daughter's sweet 16 trip. I will never use Orbitz again.

vincef10
4/19/17

Recently we booked a flight to Dublin, Ireland that is a dream trip for my wife. The happiness came to an end when Orbitz charged me three times for two tickets, quickly taking every dime from our account. After 4 hours 3 customer service reps, one supervisor, and a corporate manager, I was basically told I am wrong, stupid, lying, there was possibly a system error, or a possibly a glitch. Every Rep was rude, unable to be understood, or just in plain denial. Upon reaching corporate after they had identified the mistake was theirs and that they had charged us twice for the same ticket, I was advised that there was nothing that they could do. I explained to them that there had to be something and I was told that I had to wait three days for anything to happen. I then told them that I had no money to feed my family and that they needed to figure out a way to expedite this. The corporate manager responded that " your family is of no concern to us". Way to go Orbitz by showing us that we don't matter and that all you care about is the bottom line. As a US servicemeber my time with my family is very important to me and something I should not have to waste correcting an error made by you. Myself, my family, my friends, and anyone else I can get to will no longer use your service because just like you have no concern for my family, I have no concern to ever support this business

daipayand
4/13/17

Its a scam ridden company run by unethical and rude people. Their agents are highly incompetent and they even dont speak proper English. I made changes to an itinerary from SFO to India, spoke with 2 of their agents and once both confirmed that the total amount would be $ 231.83, went ahead and made the changes. But in the credit card statement, I was charged $460. When I called them back, I had to spend 2 more hours going over the same story again and again with 5 different people with no resolution. Their manager was very rude. and was trying to prove that I am ignorant and dont know the rules. She said she will investigate on the incident and get back within a week, but she never came back. Will never book tickets through them again, I lost $230 because of these unethical guys.

miken113
4/6/17

On March 3, 2017, I booked a ticket for my friend to fly from Vietnam to Los Angeles. By mistake I entered my last name instead of my friend last name in traveler information. Two days later, my friend informed that his last name was wrong.
I called Orbitz to correct the last name of my friend in information, but they denied and asked me to cancel and book another one, even thought all other information like birthday, first name, middle name, passport number, passport expiration date all correct. The canceling costed me $230 ($100 penalty, and $130 for adding to new ticket cost).
Orbitz has made money by a minor mistake of its customer. Shame for Orbitz. I will never use Orbitz service anymore.
Boycott Orbitz forever!

francoisl6
4/4/17

Always get an acurate booking. This booking site works very well, I highly recomment it. Love it, use it very frequently.

marjoriec11
3/29/17

I have always used expedia but I thought I could try orbitz for once. BIG MISTAKE!
I booked a flight, with Air France on purpose, because I knew I might have to change my return date..
I double checked every detail of my reservation to make sure it would not say non-exchangeable anywhere. I even took the insurance, thinking it would help..

Not only the insurance is a joke (they ask for such precise requirements that very rarely you match them!)

AND - and that's definitely the worst - they happen to have a "second policy" that doesn't allow me to change dates with Air France.
Second policy that is not mentioned any where any how during purchase and they are not flexible or understanding. Their customer service is useless and the people on the phone are absolutely rude and couldn't care less!!

I've been bouncing back and fourth between them for days now. Not mentioning the HOURS waiting on the phone between each person. When I asked for a manager, they left me on hold for an hour and I'm still at it.

And I'm still stuck with half a ticket I won't be able to use. I will never use orbitz ever again, they are not even that much cheaper from companies directly. I'd rather deal with Delta in the future!

stephaniek72
3/19/17

Orbitz has been horrible! I book travel a lot and went through them this last time, they do not care about their clients and will not help!! They deserve to be shut down!

taraneej
3/15/17

Their strength is probably their rental car service. You can find some great deals with Orbitz. However it appears that Orbitz/Expedia/Kayak/Travelocity have the exact same hotel prices. It's not really a bargain.

kristyj5
3/14/17

I usually purchase my airplane tickets and hotel booking through Orbitz and I find it very cheap I love it. I tried through other websites and I find this one even cheaper. Haven't had a problem yet though.

johnb819
3/11/17

Confirmed reservation in Vegas and there was no car for me. After an hour and a half still no car and Customer service offered me a $25 dollar coupon towards my next travel booked through Orbitz. Like that will ever happen Missed my parents 65th anniversary in California, because I couldn't find another car in time to get me there. Thanks a lot for nothing Orbitz.

nicoler90
3/6/17

Never in my whole life have I experienced such TERRIBLE customer service on not one, but TWO occasions. I've spent over two hours on the phone with them collectively making this the single WORST travel booking experience I've ever had. The customer service representatives I had on both calls were rude and didn't listen to anything I said, asking me to repeat the same information numerous times ... NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again.

232 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Depends where you are flying from and where you are flying to

By Sue H. on 8/10/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Orbitz staff and other customers.

Orbitz?