Southwest Airlines reviews

Tel: 1-800-I-FLY-SWA
2017 Customer choice award

pattis44
12/16/17

I have flown this airline twice, and except for having to remember to check-in 24 hours prior to leaving, I have had nothing but good experiences. Once you get the hang on how they operate, it's enjoyable.

christineh117
8/10/17

I fly twice/ month on southwest. Flight after flight after flight is delayed. I'm tired of being delayed in Houston and Dallas airport. I'm definitely over southwest!

christineb120
5/8/17

Not only do they have very, very funny, warm people on their cabin crews, but my aged mother had to travel this afternoon -- on oxygen, can't walk 40 feet. We couldn't figure out how to coordinate assistance. We pulled up at the departure drop off. SOUTHWEST HAD WHEELCHAIR RIGHT THERE ON THE SIDEWALK!! Turns out Southwest always has a wheelchair out there! Just FABULOUS!

louist26
4/18/17

I've been flying southwest since I was a kid and on the rare occasion I've had to take another airlines I immediately see the difference. Southwest just gets customer service and go out of their way to help and make the flying experience a friendly one. Add on a great policy for checked bags, points, and reservations- makes Southwest the #1 airlines in my opinion.

lauraa80
4/6/17

Since Southwest opened a hub here in my Baltimore, I have flown with them at least 30 times without a problem within their control. I so appreciate the transparency of their pricing and the ability to book legs separately. Great value, great sales, and for the most part - great staff and in-air service.

taraneej
3/15/17

one of the best customer service I ever experienced. makes you feel valuable as a customer. I got drink coupons, just wish they wouldn't expire ever. Love this airline

evelynt29
3/8/17

Not a big fan of Southwest. Sometimes I have to fly them for business and the seats are always really uncomfortable for me for some reason. The staff is friendly though, but that doesn't matter if your back is always hurting!

tabathae3
3/6/17

I love Southwest!!! I have used a few other airlines and I usually regret it!! The staff is always courteous and helpful. They were amazing during my young daughter's first flight and their employees went out of their way when I got stuck in a huge line at curbside check-in and almost missed my flight! They got my bag on my flight, which they told me probably wouldnt happen and I was helped through security to make sure I made my flight. I've had to cancel/reschedule flights and they were great about it. The planes are clean and roomy. Their prices are also great and I like the fact that they offer ways for you to earn rapid rewards points. I signed up to a survey website that you can buy points with the money you earn from the surveys and it goes right to your RR points account.

susans294
2/1/17

Today I booked a flight from Atlanta, The rep was very helpful with the flight !
I'm sorry I forgot her name but she was very nice

terryl81
2/1/17

no exchange fees - free bags and excellent customer service... what more is there to say? As a travel agent, I always recommend them. Corporate travel or liesure

dianaw57
1/21/17

Our grandmother passed away and we were in immediate need of a flight to bring my son home for the funeral. Jasmine did extensive research for us to find the best price for his flight home on such short notice. Jasmine exhibited patience with us and took customer service to a whole new level. We appreciate it very much and her supervisor Sasha helped as well. Thank you, Thank you so much. Your kindness and great service helped us through this very difficult time.
Sue Ann Collins & Diana Wyllie

christieg5
1/7/17

Except for their boarding process (don't really understand how no boarding passes is helpful to them)...service is always friendly. Flight times are accurate, seats are decent in size and they travel to lots of popular locations directly. The best option (in my opinion) is the generous baggage policy. TWO checked bags per person free!

roccob24
12/16/16

Very good experience

ginab60
12/13/16

Easy site to use

timothyh60
12/12/16

There is often no seat assignment so it's a "cattle-car" experience. Choose Alaska Air for a seat you can be sure to get.

patriciab152
11/16/16

Best airline for short flights.

jessicau6
9/30/16

I fly this route once a year and its always easy breezy. South West always had a very courteous staff. The planes seem a little old but I'd rather take the lower price with the courteous staff over any thing else. I'll bring my own gizmo's to make me happy. ;)

kevinj51
8/29/16

Being in the military, I have flown on many different airlines. Southwest has surpassed my expectations of them all. I fly Southwest both for business and personal reasons. When I fly for personal, I like the fact that I can check 2 bags (vs the standard 1 bag at all other airlines). I have even checked my golf bag several times which has allowed me to enjoy golfing at places where I normally would not. Another reason why I like Southwest so much compared to the other airlines is because of their seating arrangements. It allows for families with little ones to stay together. I have flown on other airlines where we have booked in advance all of our seats together, only to find out that upon boarding that they are no longer together. This leaves things up to attendants to ask people to move seats. A few were happy to, but by far most were not happy or entertained the idea of moving their seat for a 4 and 5 year old to sit with their family. I honestly could not believe that people got extremely upset to switch seats with a child. We do not have this problem with Southwest! I usually travel approximately 5-6 times a year and I can honestly say that I have rescheduled departure times/dates based upon if Southwest is available, if my schedule allowed me to.

jamess444
8/6/16

The site is so easy to use
Planes are nice
Fairs are low.
Staff is so friendly
I lI've it

janeyr
7/12/16

I love their in-flight offers and the customer service is friendly as well. Recommended

mirabelc
7/2/16

Outstanding and world class service always......Thanks

ljg1
6/25/16

used many times simple and have many deals when you book ahead and flexible with dates/times you can see grid of prices and better choose your options. very simple easy to use site

patriciam127
6/6/16

I fly to Newark, NJ, two to three times a year on Southwest because of pricing, amusing flight attendants, and on time arrivals. Southwest's people give great customer service, too. One time, planes had trouble getting in and out of Newark due to weather..After a two hour delay, an agent flagged another woman and me and rushed us to another gate to board plane that was leaving for Dallas (our destination). She had snagged two seats on that flight for us without our asking. It was awesome!!!. I love southwest!

zeidaj
5/22/16

Opened the stupid credit card ( that has an annual fee) and points don't really amount to anything free plus they expire.There summer fares to Florida from NY were as high as 245 one way, even though oil prices are down. I think I will be closing card and using other airlines, that don't just serve peanuts, like we are circus animals

sylviac20
5/11/16

En paquetesdejotel y avion les faltan agregar hoteles

27 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Southwest Airlines staff and other customers.

Southwest Airlines?