Southwest Airlines reviews

mysouthwest@southwest.com
2017 Customer choice award

maryb772
5/4/18

I have heard a lot about Southwest in the news lately and I wanted to share my thoughts. I have many friends that work for them here and they all rave about Southwest as an employer. I only fly with them when I do.

elizal12
4/30/18

Do NOT fly Southwest if you have toddlers. Their boarding system is HORRIBLE for families with little kids. They let you on only after the A group has boarded and over half of the A group saves a seat or two or 6 (!@#$%&!!!!) for their companiins in B or C group. Flight attendants not helpful, actually consdescending, whwn you are rushing to the toilet with a kid that really has to go.

harryh43
4/24/18

Southwest, in their advertisements as well as the way they communicate to Employees, is very revealing in their sincerity and seriousness in delivering world class customer service. I used to work in large corporations, so I notice this stuff. They capitalize both Customers and Employees. Ok, big deal right? But at least to the customer, they are respectful, courteous, and maintain a cheerful professional attitude, something that's got to be real challenging in today's world of stressful air travel, grumpy passengers, etc. I have never seen an Employee who showed any anger or frustration that they might be feeling. Their fares are good but not always the cheapest, but I appreciate that they don't nickel and dime you over everything like carryons, seats, baggage like other discount competitors. At least with the competitors, dumb looks are still free.

marshaj9
3/2/18

I will never fly another airline again! They are super nice No assigned seating and free bags What more can you cay
i fly 3 or 4 times a year from Cleveland to phx and my son fly's from Portland to phx

shaner41
2/19/18

I've been flying Southwest since I was a kid and it seems like even since back then everything they do is geared towards making the customer experience as pleasant as possible. From the interactions with staff, to the fun ways they try to make you smile, and the complimentary drinks on holidays. I've flown United and Airlines and I always felt like a sheep just being herded along, they're missing the human component that Southwest does so well.

teras9
2/1/18

I had 15,000 points I went to cash them in to get a free trip and they tell me that they expired that I had to travel within 24 months they tell me that I was one day too late I said I did travel within 24 months they said that that one time that I traveled it was a free trip so it didnt count well naturally was free because I use some of my points thats the reason why we have points they refused to reinstate them theyre telling me that I traveled on February 2 and the 24 month period was over February 1 had I known they were going to do that I wouldve traveled February 1 it was just a one hour flight to visit my father I think they make it hard so you dont ever use your points

tonier1
2/1/18

Im very happy with the Southwest Airlines in Boise Idaho ! Sasha my therapy dog and i was waiting to bord the plain I was starting to have a panic attack the lady at desk were I checked in said I could go in first so I didnt have to go in with the crowd ! I made it home safe and Im very happy ! Thank you ! Southwest air I will tell every one I know

terryw112
1/23/18

I must say that when it comes to prices, Southwest is the king. Whenever they offer direct flights, it's also pretty darn good to be able to go from point A to point B without the hassle of a layover. I give them 5 stars for that.

When it comes to loading, I hate the open seat concept. Trying to get there hours early and stand in line just to get the first come, first serve is ridiculous. I've seen families separated because they couldn't get there in time to sit together. I give them 1 star.

When it comes to professionalism, Southwest is the worst. They're uniform are less than businesslike and the flight attendants are not the friendliest. I saw one yell at an elderly lady because she got the trash bag vice recycle bag mixed up. This happens, quite often. I give them 1 star.

All in all, they average a 3-star review overall. If you are traveling alone and the price is your first concern, then yes go for it. If you prefer professionalism and don't mind paying a bit more, go with another airline.

Tip for consumers: - Get there early for good seats

thomasp116
12/28/17

Southwest is the best airline, period. Great customer service, easy to work with, outstanding flight service.

pattis44
12/16/17

I have flown this airline twice, and except for having to remember to check-in 24 hours prior to leaving, I have had nothing but good experiences. Once you get the hang on how they operate, it's enjoyable.

christineh117
8/10/17

I fly twice/ month on southwest. Flight after flight after flight is delayed. I'm tired of being delayed in Houston and Dallas airport. I'm definitely over southwest!

christineb120
5/8/17

Not only do they have very, very funny, warm people on their cabin crews, but my aged mother had to travel this afternoon -- on oxygen, can't walk 40 feet. We couldn't figure out how to coordinate assistance. We pulled up at the departure drop off. SOUTHWEST HAD WHEELCHAIR RIGHT THERE ON THE SIDEWALK!! Turns out Southwest always has a wheelchair out there! Just FABULOUS!

louist26
4/18/17

I've been flying southwest since I was a kid and on the rare occasion I've had to take another airlines I immediately see the difference. Southwest just gets customer service and go out of their way to help and make the flying experience a friendly one. Add on a great policy for checked bags, points, and reservations- makes Southwest the #1 airlines in my opinion.

lauraa80
4/6/17

Since Southwest opened a hub here in my Baltimore, I have flown with them at least 30 times without a problem within their control. I so appreciate the transparency of their pricing and the ability to book legs separately. Great value, great sales, and for the most part - great staff and in-air service.

taraneej
3/15/17

one of the best customer service I ever experienced. makes you feel valuable as a customer. I got drink coupons, just wish they wouldn't expire ever. Love this airline

evelynt29
3/8/17

Not a big fan of Southwest. Sometimes I have to fly them for business and the seats are always really uncomfortable for me for some reason. The staff is friendly though, but that doesn't matter if your back is always hurting!

tabathae3
3/6/17

I love Southwest!!! I have used a few other airlines and I usually regret it!! The staff is always courteous and helpful. They were amazing during my young daughter's first flight and their employees went out of their way when I got stuck in a huge line at curbside check-in and almost missed my flight! They got my bag on my flight, which they told me probably wouldnt happen and I was helped through security to make sure I made my flight. I've had to cancel/reschedule flights and they were great about it. The planes are clean and roomy. Their prices are also great and I like the fact that they offer ways for you to earn rapid rewards points. I signed up to a survey website that you can buy points with the money you earn from the surveys and it goes right to your RR points account.

susans294
2/1/17

Today I booked a flight from Atlanta, The rep was very helpful with the flight !
I'm sorry I forgot her name but she was very nice

terryl81
2/1/17

no exchange fees - free bags and excellent customer service... what more is there to say? As a travel agent, I always recommend them. Corporate travel or liesure

dianaw57
1/21/17

Our grandmother passed away and we were in immediate need of a flight to bring my son home for the funeral. Jasmine did extensive research for us to find the best price for his flight home on such short notice. Jasmine exhibited patience with us and took customer service to a whole new level. We appreciate it very much and her supervisor Sasha helped as well. Thank you, Thank you so much. Your kindness and great service helped us through this very difficult time.
Sue Ann Collins & Diana Wyllie

christieg5
1/7/17

Except for their boarding process (don't really understand how no boarding passes is helpful to them)...service is always friendly. Flight times are accurate, seats are decent in size and they travel to lots of popular locations directly. The best option (in my opinion) is the generous baggage policy. TWO checked bags per person free!

roccob24
12/16/16

Very good experience

ginab60
12/13/16

Easy site to use

timothyh60
12/12/16

There is often no seat assignment so it's a "cattle-car" experience. Choose Alaska Air for a seat you can be sure to get.

patriciab152
11/16/16

Best airline for short flights.

27 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Southwest Airlines staff and other customers.

Southwest Airlines?