Review of Meetup

Tel: +1.2122557327
domainadmin@meetup.com

louisew56
10/3/17

Wherever you are going just make sure you travel safely back and forth, also what is the difference between making friends at meetup or anywhere else??? be your own best friend and go to meetup or out with friends to benefit yourself, and meet likeminded people, you can meet strange people or users at work or old school friends can change whatever!! it makes no difference, there is a world full of people, as long as you are careful (which is obvious anyway) you should be fine, you could know someone for 40 years and find out they've done something terrible, you could know someone 1 day and they could be lovely!!

fuckheads
9/30/17

Great idea. Lousy execution. I host a meeetup group as well. Its what I would expect in say the year 1999.

francesl21
9/29/17

Agree with John W. Hang out with a bunch of strangers from the start, go to another meet up and hang out with another group of strangers. Also outings like theatre what is the point of pairing up with strangers in the foyer and paying them a fee for the 'pleasure.' Might as well not go or go alone. Also a lot of meet up at are clubs that exist anyway so why go with strangers ?

ruudj
9/1/17

Don 't trust this organisation they don 't Pay their bill in Utrecht (holland) and their contact person "Lucian Naie"(+31615071253)will scam you!!!!!!! Don"t ever take their reservation

jaym222
8/30/17

This was a good service once, but that was before Scott Heiferman decided to provide infrastructure and organization to the violent protests we see today. #NoMeetup #NoAntifa #CivilRightsForAll

vl490
8/10/17

I wanted to go an Ableton Users meeting(Ableton is a music creation platform). This particular meeting was intended to give artists a chance to play their music. There was about twenty people there and only one other person played their music. The rest of the people there were organized into cliques, and would openly make fun of me, a new comer. Heh, it was actually funny to see them attempt at looking cool, all while hiding their insecurity about their own stuff. I mean, they want to be gangsters, but turn out to be really preppy. Don't go.

arir11
7/9/17

It allows BUSINESS NETWORKING groups that openly state they are about selling and marketing products, but if you start a DISCUSSION group for freelance translators and interpreters to meet informally face-to-face at a public venue of anyone's choice, you're thrown overboard because your group "exists solely for the selling and marketing of products and services". Doesn't get any worse than MeetUp.

rir6
6/25/17

A few years back i use to be a part of a groups that brought the cultures of black and Asian together, while having fun and making friend. I've only been to three meet-ups and there less than amusing, there were huge age gaps more men are older than the women in the group(some are teens! ew). Most the women act slutty around the already pervy,socially awkward men, everyone's shallow and kinda jerks, thinks its for dating. I waited some years later and wanted to re-join to see if there any changes, and i was denied because i didn't have a profile pic(for privacy reasons), this group is a joke! I never any friends in that group and if your not thin or pretty they treat you like crap and ignore you.One of the Asian male organizers were really rude to me for no reason. They think their challenging stigma or some crap.

Tip for consumers: Avoid! the women are $#*!es & the men are asswholes

danc134
6/22/17

If you use this site for just simple meetings, it may work. Unfortunately I wouldn't know because my account was disabled after ONE day. I was using it for business and networking, and how do you network without speaking to people? So I attempt to communicate with members of this site, and was immediately blocked. Don't have a business networking section if you aren't allowed to network! Simple as that! I'm not a spammer and I'm not a salesman, no one could buy anything off of me even if they wanted to. So for them to block me for spam is ridiculous. Stay away from this if you want your reputation intact.

christopherg80
6/6/17

This is for all of you people in the Central Florida area that are considering to enroll your kids with ASD in Transform your life coaching in Altamonte Springs FL. For those of you that have heard about this company and know about Paula Breeden who is running it, think twice about enrolling your kids with her. Paula Breeden is a scam artist and a liar and is more interested in making money rather than helping your kids with ASD. Whatever you decide to do is your decision, but I would recommend you to enroll your kids with UCF CARD in Orlando instead of with her. You can save your money a whole lot worth it that way.

johnw230
5/27/17

One thing I learned about meet up is I rather make friends the old fashion way and gradually in time get to truly know a person. Just hanging out with strangers from the start is something I would not do again. Worst time I ever had in my life. For the people I hung out with in the group YBLA can go to hell for the inaappropiate and ignorant ways they conducted themselves on this one night.

peterf72
5/14/17

I am the organizer of a Meetup group and I just had a simple question, which I hoped I could email or call to find the answer. The Help page is a total joke with almost no information. It would be one thing if I was just an attendee, but I am a paying member of this service. Is it legal to offer a service with absolutely no way to contact the company? Don't they have some responsibility to assist their customers?

Until this time, I felt very positive about Meetup, but I simply cannot believe their lack of customer service or even anyone that can help me. I guess they have my money and that's all they care about...rather than having good customer service. Maybe customer service is a thing of the past in our new world order of millennials?

lc99
Lerri C.
5/12/17

I have seen plenty of my friends find the love of their lives on meetup as well. Highly recommend all single young person to join 20s and 30s meetups. Meetup can be a great way to build social network for persons of all ages too.

terriw32
5/11/17

I was on Meetup and was absent for a while because the group I used it for changed sites. I tried to start up again and they didn't allow me to and wouldn't even let me reset my password. Customer service was no help. They didn't even respond to my queries. They sent me terms of service instead of responses.This site is sorry.

karenh219
5/2/17

WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME. STUPID COMPANY. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY. BUT THEY DONT WANT TO LET YOU ORGANIZE MEETUPS. DONT EVEN BOTHER GOING TO MEETUPS. NO ONE SHOWS. SAVE YOUR GAS, MONEY, AND TIME.

edc55
5/1/17

Why did they have to go all George Soros. Their software was barely tolerable, but serviceable. But this alienated a very large percentage (50%) of their user base. Incredibly stupid move.

bh386
4/20/17

I joined this group when it was initiated. Went to the first meetup, but there was nobody there!!! Afterwards organizer complained about my pic -- not a problem with the other meetup groups I belong to..... Went to a second meetup a few moths later, total waste of time --- small group of intimates who had no interest in conversing with outsiders. This MEETUP IS A FARCE. Nothing more than a sop to the organizer's ego. Worse still it's overtly RACIST. Organizer seeks to impose his own will on members. Think Hitler!!! My advice, have NOTHING to do with it.

marial146
3/25/17

I can't believe Meetup had to turn political and push their far left progressive AGENDA down everyone's throat with their "Resist" groups. This is scary, beyond disgusting, distasteful and militant. WHY WHY WHY are they doing this? Meetup for years has been a neutral place where anyone could start a group for anything for any interest. It should stay neutral. I've been an Organizer for several groups in the past but I am now forced to completely drop my memberships to all my groups on meetup. Just smh.....

dq4
3/18/17

I was a member of several meetup groups. When they started political activism I deleted my account and figured I could find similar groups on different platforms. Then I started reading all the horrible things unrelated to politics, about this company. Basically this is my perception now of the company: someone had a great idea, got some funding, created a huge platform. Company greedy, arrogant and basically got a "god complex". Meetup: you aren't god, you're too big for your britches, people recognize your company and ethics are the embodiment of evil, and now they have left you in droves. Eat my dust, too.

joannem60
3/14/17

Our weekday hiking group left because of Meetup giving thousands of free sites for opposing our government. Enough said, but we went to GroupSpaces.Com. Free for groups under 50, and you will never pay more than Meetup.

rennas
3/13/17

My complaint is not political.

I thought I might find some useful comments here about the on-going changes that have made Meetup a huge headache: Changes in how people can/can't pay (dumping user-friendly PayPal for weird and pricey WePay, inc. actual manipulation to drive users toward WePay), we can no longer require payment to RSVP (which means lots of no-shows), add pictures, etc. EVERYTHING seems redesigned ONLY with concern for how it looks on a smart-phone, even if function and ease-of-use are lost. And it's IMPOSSIBLE to reach anyone like Customer Service even though I'm paying to do business with Meetup (and have been for over 10 years). I can email questions. MAYBE someone will respond. Eventually. This is unreachability is unique in ANY on-line company I do business with.

All I'm seeing here are complaints about a political stance #Resist that has NEVER showed up on any of my stuff.

Whatever they're about politically, Meetup has become deaf to its customers, remote and out of reach, making changes based on what??? that serve who???

I used to feel like I was really connecting and getting my money's worth as an organizer. The site made sense and was easy to use. Now, every new event posting I add reveals another goofy new glitch. What the heck happened?

luthers15
3/12/17

My local Ayn Rand discussion group cheerfully used Meetup for many years for its convenience. That all changed in February 2017 when Meetup management in New York City decided to turn hard left with its anti-Trump #Resist effort. It would have been fine had they simply offered it as another topic on an equal playing field with all other topics charging the same fees. Instead, they offered "free" #Resist groups globally along with front page advertising, all subsidized by dues from paying groups. The result has been a massive loss of Meetup groups and members. My own core group immediately voted with their feet and left before I could even discuss it with them. We have since moved to the politically neutral and financially free Eventbrite tool for managing our events. Meetup may just go bankrupt because of this huge strategic blunder while deserving it richly. Sad!

Tip for consumers: Avoid this site like the plague! They abuse user fees to finance seditious activities. They betray members who sought a neutral tool to meet others of like mind for mutual enjoyment of shared interests.

pams87
3/6/17

Hacking our accounts....spamming and scamming us. Unacceptable. We joined as paying organizers and now you bring in sponsors to support 1000+ groups with 100's or 1000's of potential non-paying organizers. All to fight everyone and everything that is not radical left wing thinking. Partisan is such a mild , gentle word to describe what meetup is doing. Promoting hatred, anger, and violence. I had a really tough time (as you intended) to close my group. I finally had to delete all members one by one before you gave up on getting a new organizer to lead the group that I organized. It was also a lovely touch to cut off communication with unhappy subscribers. As i said a week ago....Bye Bye Meetup.

lisas383
2/28/17

Staunchly oppose the anti-american, pro-terrorist rhetoric this group espouses. Take it somewhere else.

rogers203
2/27/17

promoting their openly biased political agenda turns me off to no end. will never use their site again. the hate from the progressive left is astonishing. hope their company shrivels up.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hi Karen, each group leader sets the groups purpose and requirements so yes, many groups do not discriminate on marital status. To be sure, contact the group leader for the group you are interested in

By Susan S. on 11/4/15
Helpful answer

On the front page/landing page for the group click the more tab, then select "report this group"

By Scott H. on 6/26/15

It doesn't exist.

By Valerie P. on 10/1/16
Helpful answer

Yes. Organizers pay a fee.

By Laura C. on 7/27/15
Helpful answer

@ MW. because they suck for service and protecting the members, but we all know that if you pay you get fantastic service right?

By Scott H. on 6/16/15
Helpful answer

Most complaints about organizers have to deal with disagreements about how things should be run. If you don't like the organizer or how they run the show, find another Meetup. I have been a successful organizer for many years and there are personalities I just don't gel with. I look at the numbers in my group and listen to feedback and know it is not always me.

By Susan S. on 9/1/13
Helpful answer

support@meetup.com, and no I am not affiliated with meetup.com

By Scott H. on 6/7/16
Helpful answer

What is truly interesting is who is supporting the #resist agenda. All these organizations and their leaders have past or present connection to the top politicians. #Resist is a simply a part of the agenda to justify the taking away people's guns and basic rights. They want you to resist so they can sit there and lie once again how it wasn't their fault and there was no other choice. Then Meetup comes up with their new rules which makes you sign your rights to privacy away just to be a member. Seems to me Meetup was also part of the agenda right from day one. And to think people stand up so proud and claim they are educated. What a joke, they controlled your education from the day you were born. If you really want to resist, educate yourself to the truth of what this world is about and where we are headed.

By Gerry S. on 2/17/17
Helpful answer

They will not go back they paid for the new app and it will remain in place

By Scott H. on 10/7/16
Helpful answer

I think they have removed private groups. You can control who joins by making admin approval in the group tools section

By Scott H. on 8/22/16
Questions? Get answers from the Meetup staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Meetup