US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

frankb125
8/30/16

Its hard for me to think of a better known site than match. They splurge their logo all over tube trains, magazines and television channels and claim to be the most successful when it comes to arranging relationships that become marriages. I like the site but after a month of using it ive decided to stick with wejustfit.com as I have a lot of contact there im not ready to say bye to. But if I ever decide to change sites, ill definitely move to match.

am7060
8/27/16

Match. com was-of the three online dating sites I tried-the most frustrating overall. I consider myself an attractive, intelligent woman over fifty but for most of the men my age? Foooorget it. It was almost guaranteed they were looking for women 10-20 years younger than themselves (and they make sure their profile says that-and woe unto you if you are not in that "golden age range") That being said, there were (of course) some very nice men who were not of that mind set and I actually ended up seeing one seriously for awhile, so I would say that Match.com CAN work. But it really wasn't a very pleasant experience (and an even somewhat confusing for me as I would really NOT want a partner 20 years younger than myself ever...nor do I think I am such a "catch" that a man that young would even want me...but clearly ,more than a few of the men on Match do NOT share this feeling)

justmem1
8/26/16

I joined last month, realised very quickly that It is a terrible site, paid first month and tried to cancel my subscription and delete my account, 2 weeks later and I'm STILL trying, finally got an email back saying they are refunding me but the user name isn't even me! and now I can't even log into my account even though I have changed my password..shady site and shady customer service.

keithh78
8/23/16

Signed up for a 7 day free trial and a 6 month membership after that. After the first week I was getting people from outside my local area, profiles with no photos and no one responding to any of the messages I sent.
On the day the trial was over, I emailed to cancel the membership. They charged $101 on my card. When I called them they told me they would cancel FUTURE payments (after the 6 months) but refused to refund my card. I even told them they could keep one month's membership for the 7 days I tried it but I explained that I was not happy and wanted a refund. The girl continued to tell me I accepted the TOS and there was nothing they would do or were willing to do. They basically told me to go screw myself. Match.com is a scam in my opinion. They are not an honest company. All they care about is getting your money! DO NOT GUVE THEM A DIME! I tried to email them on the 16th to tell them about a problem and no one got back to me. On Saturday the 20th (before my free trial expired) , I tried calling the automated refund line but they are not open! The message says M-F 8AM - 5PM CST when you call and it hangs up on you.
If my membership starts on Sunday and I have to cancel before the membership starts, I should be able to call Saturday to do that. Sunday they charged my card $101.94. I sent an email and then got a response again, telling me how to use the automated refund system but it just hangs up when you call outside their hours.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!

kathyb106
8/22/16

For the past few weeks, my daily matches contain 3 profiles with pictures and 9 without. What is going on with the no pictures. I clearly state I don't want to see anyone without pics but that's all I'm getting. Didn't used to be like this.

natalies58
8/19/16

I recently called them to get a refund because I had only signed up for a 3 month stand. They said all they could give me back was $8. What a rip off. Every other company I have ever worked with have given me a refund if it had just been taken out of my account and I was going to cancel my membership. Match.com customer service would not budge. RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nealt8
8/17/16

This company removed money from account and I hadn't even heard of them, when I called to speak to them I found them rude and insulting, they have basically fraudulently taken money from me and offered no reason as to why, I am now in the process of reporting this company to the police and cancelling my bank accounts. I would hate to think what they are capable of if I actually was a member. Please be aware of this company!!!!

davidf201
8/16/16

This website sucks, You try to write to someone and they never answer!

jessicay18
8/15/16

Match . Com is a total waste of time and money. I paid for a year, attempted to get a refund after 5 days and was treated so rudely. I met one guy I thought was nice and the rest needed long term medical help for their assorted disorders! Don't waste your time or money.

rachaelw14
8/15/16

The negative online reviews are correct. This website is a scam they are just there to get your money. Watch out on match.com they $#*!ing auto renewed me and charged me for three months. Never sent a reminder email or anything. I thought i had already canceled, but turns out i missed deadline by 4 days. Spent over an hr on phone with customer service and 1st they refused to refund anything then finally they said they would refund 21. Worst customer service ever. Match.com is a $#*!ing scam nothing but $#*!ing creepy old dudes. I deleted everything the reviews online about it are right lol. They would not work with me at all. Worst customer service ever. Do not use this site.

tc83
8/15/16

Match and a eharmony are the worst dating sites possible. There is nothing good about them. not user friendly. Notifications say "new views" or "new conections" with numbers supposedly indicating the number of views. Click on it a zillion times and nothing changes. The numbers just stay the same or ocassionall increase by between one and three that have absolutely nothing to do with your search criteria. And e harmony doesn't even let you search. They again show you "matches" having nothing to do with all the time you spend filling out the form. They are both scams designed to keep you single and paying more money. You will be infinitely better off with a free site like okcupid or plenty of fish.

moj23
8/8/16

Match.com will not let me delete my profile I enter my email address and correct password but it keeps telling me it is wrong when I know it is not match is a rip-off majority of it is fake profiles total rip off

jamier29
8/8/16

If I could give this website 0 stars I would.

This website is f*****g awful. I've never dealt with such bad customer service in my life. They automatically renewed me and charged me 100$ for another 3 Month subscription. (They wouldn't give a stupid refund.) ALSO the person I spoke to barely spoke English and was probably in Timbuktu! I paid for my first three months and the experience was TERRIBLE. They have you put in what you're looking for in a significant other but then they allow ANYONE to contact you, see your profile, like your pictures ETC.

Looking for someone aged between 25-30? Well here are a bunch of creepy 40 and 50 year olds. Like WTF? Never mind all the fake accounts as well.Honestly you're better off with Tinder, you'll probably have more luck on that app. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY AND YOUR MONEY.

johns1406
8/8/16

I know that most people complain about Match but with hundreds and thousands of dating sites on the internet you will hardly find a better dating site. Maybe Mingle2day comes close but in my opinion all the other sites are worse. Keep complaining but keep that in mind

jeanetten1
8/8/16

I was on match.com for a 3 month subscription, after a week or so I realized it was like all those sights where it starts off nice then you have guys talking sexual to you.Anyway....I stopped the subscription 2 separate times becuse I never got an acknowledgement and low an behold at the end of the trial they charged me again. I called and they said they have a no refund policy would refund me $24.00. She said she could see that I was not on there after a week or so but still wouldn't give me my money. It's a horrible site and a rip off. By the way....found love the old fashion way. Met a great guy and happily in a relationship.

gabriellal6
8/7/16

I met someone great through match.com 3 weeks ago(UK). I forgot that I had a dormant account that I haven't checked for 3 months and there had been a few messages from around that time. I think the site is pretty standard, nothing too fancy but I decided to pay for the service when I saw a profile of the same guy I was in touch with but abruptly got disconnected because eharmony booted me off without explanation (I'd give them -3 stars rating for that). All in all, it might be a lucky coincidence that I found someone great (he signed up on that day) but I give match.com the credit for being a legitimate site.

donnag68
8/4/16

reading over 2000 complaints I have tried to get a refund for 5 of the 6 months I have been billed for (only expected $19.99 Canadian a month not $162 US all at once). Bogus profiles, duplicates, etc. not happy at site at all. Have called several times :(
only been a member for two days. I will consider joining class-action lawsuit if I do not receive a partial refund. Donna Greening

joep178
8/4/16

I signed up for 1month they signed me for 3 I called would not refund me the 2 months my tough luck live and learn.

davids562
8/4/16

Whatever you do, don't EVER give Match.com, JDate.com or Ourtime.com (they are all owned by the same company) your credit card, debit card or banking information. I had joined and kept my profile set to NOT automatically renew after my 6 month period. A few weeks before my membership expired I started getting I started getting these pop ups about renewing now at a 25% discount our I would have to pay full price when I did renew. BIG SURPRISE!! I got a fraud alert from my bank the evening after Match.com illegally charged my card full price for a 6 month extension. I called them first thing the next morning and was told that "it doesn't matter who changed the setting, once we charge your card, there are NO refunds." Then she offered me a 35% refund for the 1 day that the account was illegally reactivated which I refused - I was not going to pay them one penny for the 1 day they had my account active against my wishes. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that the supervisor would tell me the same thing. Still wanted to speak to a supervisor and was told that they'd have to call me back. Big surprise, they never did. I called back and was told they "tried" to call me but no one answered. I had given them my cell number, which is on 24/7 and always within hand's reach. There were NO missed calls or voice mails from them. Another LIE!!! I finally got in touch with a supervisor who did in fact tell me the same thing, they don't do refunds for any reason and her boss not only told me the same thing, but that "he was the FINAL authority" on this matter for Match.com and that there was no phone number for Match.com in the United States. He also told me that they didn't have go give me a refund and they are not held to US law because they are an Internet based business.
If you look at their Facebook page you see illegal credit card charge complaint after complaint after complaint.

windyw
8/4/16

Match.com customer service is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The information given is wrong about your cancelation then the customer service specialists are rude, disrespectful, and refuse to allow you to speak to supervisors to file complaints. They are located in Manla and have a difficult time understanding and speaking English in addition to treating people horribly. I would never sign up for Match again and will tell everyone I know about my experience with the customer service. The sad part is the site is actually okay it's the customer service people driving customers away. IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING JOINING DO NOT!! GO TO ANOTHER SITE WHERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A PRIORITY!!! THEY ARE NOT ACCREDITED WITH THE BETTER BUSNINESS BUREAU (according to the www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews site)...... NO WONDER WHY THEY ARE SO HORRIBLE NO ACCOUNTABILITY.

jeffr749
8/3/16

Complete scam. Have not logged in in over 4 years - have been charged $119 per year every year. Customer service quoted contract terms I never read - refused to refund the charges - complete lack of customer service. Offered to refund 15% of my fees. Completely unacceptable --- what kind of company charges recurring fees for someone who does not log on for 4 years. Criminal behavior - filing complaint with Texas Attorney General. Avoid - never produced any results and was a total rip-off when I was trying it out --- completely unacceptable to charge unwitting consumers year after year after year after year after ....

terryd38
8/2/16

I became a member of match after seeing their ads about a zillion times on US TV and finally giving in & joining! Ive been single for 6 months or so now and the only other time i tried online dating was when I signed up to wejustfit.com, which I really liked and met some super people with. Maybe I'm just lucky cos match has also turned out to be a pretty great choice also, though maybe not quite to the same standard but still a nice option and its always busy no matter where you run your searches from. At the end of the day you cant go wrong with either of these sites, id say don't risk using something you've not heard anything about and stick with these types to be sure to get the most out of the whole online dating thing whether you just dip in every few months like me or you run your membership constant. The expense is nothing for what you're getting access to (single people who are serious about finding someone to settle down with) and there are worst ways to spend your evenings than speaking to interesting people who are just as fed up as you at being a singleton - thats for sure! haha! Keep an open mind and try to have fun. Good luck!

miai
8/2/16

I joined Match and was on for 8 months. A complete waste of time and money! I never met anyone. If I did talk to someone they would not respond back. This site is full of old profiles and no one new joins and it's all scammers with fake profiles. They don't send you new matches either! They will send you members that don't even use the site anymore. How can this happen? A lot of sketchy people, be careful a lot of profiles I found they are also are on other dating sites. In my opinion I don't think this site is used for what it is intended for. Match use to be a reputable website not anymore.

joeb244
7/31/16

That's right, greedy and unethical thieves! My membership was automatically renewed without my approval or consent. There was no easy way to contact Match.com; no phone #, no email, nothing...I finally got a phone# from a customer service rep at PayPal while attempting to cancel the $133 charge to my credit. Match agreed to refund $80, but that's all. They stole the rest! Do yourself a favor. Use another dating site, but only after you have read customer reviews. Match.com should be shut down!

shonnicem
7/28/16

I subscribed to this site cause im single. Men want to email but they show the same pics of men. Cant email cant talk unless u pay. No thank you. I can find one on the street for free

406 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question