US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

adsers
12/1/16

The site is ok. Though I prefer to pay more and to get premium services.

dgkoffjkofg
11/27/16

My 15 yr old thought it was 18.99 or something for one month and didn't read fine print.. I was cared for 6 months, within 5 minutes she told me she made a mistake, I called match and they refused to credit my money back!!!! Bad bad customer service, now I have a useless match.com acct because they are all fakes and mama's boys on that site

adelel5
11/24/16

No zero available. The worst service. I tried to cancel my subscription several time & it wouldn't give me confirmation, when I finally cancelled my subscription to match.com the day my new subscription was to start, they refused to give me a full refund & charged me for 3 months. Many, many old & fraudulent profiles, i received many inquires which turned out to be scammers trying to get money. The worst experience, i wouldn't use match again ever & WARNING to others for the extremely poor customer service & business practices. I have received nothing for the 3 month fee & removed all my info from the service. They keep rebilling my card.

markd175
11/22/16

joined two dating sites around mid Feb of this year as I was told it's good to use more than one to boost chances. Match was the obvious choice, second I went for wejustfit.com after a friend swore by it. I'll write a review for WJF later (as it's actually my favorite of the two) but as far as match is concerned, id give it an 6.5 / 10. It's better than most and you can trust them, which is super important. But I didnt have as many dates as id hoped for and spent a lot of time waiting for replies that never came. It's worth a try but not as good as you might think.

seaf1
11/19/16

site is the biggest scam on earth, the emails you send out are intercepted by some guys with a bunch of computer screens, they will just open it without reply. Don't you wonder when you only ask for name and say hello you don't even get a response? How many women did you winked or favourite? how many winks and favourite did you get? there you go.
All you are doing is giving free money out to this so called company. Most of the Pictures stolen from Face Book and made it seem real , majority of the Profile are fake and controlled by some Creep in his Basement with a bunch of servers laughing at your love notes you are trying to send to a Woman you think is real.

alexisp18
11/15/16

This was the works experience I've ever had with a dating site. I thought that because I was actually paying for this, I could get in the ballpark of what I was looking for.

1. The filter criteria is a joke and only works for searching. You will be inundated with people that are not within the age range you specify.

2. If you are older, 40s-50s+ this may be a good site for you but the age demographic is much more senior than advertising would let on.

3. Their controls are the worst. I tried turning off email notification from the app and from the laptop and it would not stop the email notifications received for EVERY like, favorite, wink, and message. I am relatively attractive and was inundated with messages spamming my inbox.

4. Customer service is outsourced to India. They repeat rhings from your profile over and over that you already know because wrote them. They count saying thank you to people for liking your pic or thank but no thank you to those you aren't interested in ad "using" this account. Ridiculous. I cancelled my account a week after my 3 mo prescription started and they refused to refund any money, not even a portion. They were also a little rude.

Bottom line, try the site if you have a free trial but use a gift card to sign up so they can't trap you on recurring charges. I think this site is no better that the many free ones out there. Guys are just as aggressive, overwhelming, some desperate, and some crazy. So.... at your own risk.

As a company, Match is a dissapointment! Good luck out there.

merlew6
11/15/16

I am kind of 'addicted' to online dating and use all kinds of different dating sites for different purposes. So I know the online dating industry pretty damn well and trust me: Match is absolutely legit!!! After using countless dating sites I think Match is the second best 'regular' dating site after Mingle2day. It is huge and has many member. It is almost impossible to NOT meet someone. If you are looking for a serious relationship it is one of the prime sites to use. It is not for free though but you get what you pay for.

juliez13
11/13/16

Was onsite for about 1.5 years and ran into nothing but men who lied about their age, height, what they wanted and so forth. Plus I had many men who would not stop contacting me even when I asked nicely and then blocked them and they still got through. Complained to match and they would not do anything. My last disaster with this site is when I met a man who literally was a pathological liar....lied about education, his previous relationships and lied about what he wanted ....saying he was looking for a relationship. I felt his profile was too good to be true and I was absolutely correct. Ladies....please don't fall for these conniving, cheating jerks!! I should have listen to my instincts but I had a few good friends review this idiots profile and they thought he looked legit. Anyway, so long to match forever

franklinw19
11/9/16

I've been on this site for all of 4 days now, the "women" who do contact me are all either 3+ states away, using false photos, or don't even have a profile. For s#its and giggles the first few I played along with (having a background in Cyber Crimes it was really easy to find the reality behind it all).

I suppose the only person I have to be upset with about a waste of money on this hack of a site is myself. Typically I do extensive research before signing up for ANYTHING on line. Chalk it up to a "teachable moment". I just despise the bar scene, I don't do clubs and I simply don't have the social circle at this point in my life to meet women through friends. Ahh well, hope this can be of use for someone else before they get scammed.

scottt61
11/7/16

NOT THE WORSE SITE OUT THEYRE BUT STILL NOT QUIET AS GOOD AS SUM (E.G LIKE WEJUSTFIT.COM I THINK IS A BIT BETTER. 7/10 FROM ME + WORTH A TRY

rhondah38
11/1/16

They automatically renew you. I canceled my subscription dand deleted the app. I did not use my account in 3 weeks before the renewal date. I was still renewed. Customer service does not listen all they want is there money. PLEASE take my advise don't use it.

maryf134
10/31/16

I cancelled my membership and an email appears out of the blue saying that my account was reinstated. It was an email account that I used only for match so I never looked at it again until I got charged $68.00 for another three months. That's when I looked into the old email account and saw the reinstatement THAT I NEVER DID. No way for a refund and I know I didn't reinstate it and no one else has access to my computer - THIS IS INTERNET CRIME - BUYER BEWARE!

deek43
10/30/16

I tried Match years ago and it wasn't for me at the time so I gave it another shot again this year. I've been on the site for the last 6 months and can tell you it's definitely a scam. I got messages from people that seemed legit but then instantly went to sex talk, in the first day of meeting. Understand they can't control those people, but those were all I got. Finally found someone who came across like a real person. Went back and forth for a while and started talking on the phone. After learning more about this person, realized I was being catfished. I notified Match via their "report a scam" link and three days later, I was notified that my account was terminated. Apparently they care more about the scammer than the real person. Don't waste your money!!! The site only cares about its bottom line, not you. Good luck!

jolinet
10/28/16

Skip this dating app. They automatically renew your membership, then when I called the SAME DAY THE RENEWED me and asked to cancel and get a full refund, they refused to refund my funds but cancelled my subscription anyway. Basically stole from me and would not budge on this. Absolutely horrible customer service and business practice.

dennisr57
10/26/16

Let's get this out of the way first could you do worse than this site? For sure. There are all kinds of terrible sites out there but then every so often you try one where you think, yep, now we're talking because it has a decent amount of singles and looks professional e.g. wejustfit.com. And then you get the shockers, that you don't even bother paying the minimal amount on. Match falls into the better category (just) as there are tonnes worse out there. But for all it's promise, im left ultimately disappointed by a few things, most importantly the fact that after 2 dates in 4 months on the site im still single.

stafd
10/26/16

Match.com itself isnt bad and user friendly Etc. But i had an issue with subscription payments and the supervisor I spoke with to try to resolve it was not willing to understand at all impolite and very rude. And He put the phone down on me like an idiot.

It was disgusting customer service from an international supposedly 'reputable' website where you though would expect more. It was shocking to be honest.

ebums
10/25/16

I was a member of the site, Match.com. On the 22nd of October, i made a payment and was happily using the site. On the 25th of October, I couldn't log in anymore and was advised to contact Customer Care.

Customer Care informed me that I have violated the Terms and Conditions listed on their website and due to the "nature of the violation", they would not communicate with me anymore. All without giving me an explanation and offering a refund. I have since sent emails to follow up to ensure that I get my refund back. Still awaiting their response.

I am outraged as I went through the Terms and Conditions and felt that I have not violated them in anyway. By refusing to provide me an explanation, I am considering that Match.com has terminated my account on an uninformed basis, denying me of my right to paid services. Prior to the termination, I even received emails that my updated profile and pictures were approved. I am especially enraged by their dismissive attitude.

danid15
10/25/16

They don't warn you that you're about to spend money you may or may not have. You find a surprise bill on your account and they won't refund because "you've been using the site since you're first/last 6 months ended". Are you $#*!ting me? I'm 4 days past and they won't refund. No email. No message. Nothing sent to let you know about this upcoming bill. I think that is horrible for a company to do that. Horrible customer service and I believe they do it so they can keep getting money from unsuspecting people. So good on that. You swindled the human population. You are a bunch of $#*!ing $#*!s. I will never recommend you to a friend. I will adamantly protest anyone using you for a dating site because of this. Good job.

hansn6
10/24/16

Match now shows a commercial that takes several seconds to clear the screen before you can move on. They do this right after you send a message to somebody so that you are in a heightened state of emotional receptiveNess.

Their site is largely based on gotcha economics, constantly looking for ways to chisel more money out of their clients. And example is that they do not mark the nonpaid accounts so that people think that there are more people on site then there actually are. The result is that people waste their time in a depressing way sending emails to nonexistent people. And even if those people exist they can't respond. Paying an extra $10 a month so that the nonmembers can respond doesn't work either. Most of those people simply are not interested otherwise they'd be members. And, the process for a nonpaying member to utilize the opportunity to respond is tortuous and arduous. Match.com is a scam with a near of Monopoly. Eventually they will be displaced and the world will breathe a sigh of relief.

joyces55
10/17/16

They are crocks. I've received charges on my credit card a year after I cancelled. I deactivated my account and a year later my credit card received new charges for services. They refuse to give a refund, because they said I didn't deactivate when there was a record of me calling to deactivate the account.

milac1
10/13/16

I cancelled my account well before my renewal date but never knew I needed a confirmation email after the site told me that my account is cancelled and wouldn't charge me again. I tried to remove my credit card number off the site as I had a gut feeling they may charge me even if I cancelled, but no luck. Well today they charged me $160! I called to complain and it was the Phillipines. They read off script and will not refund you and when you are adamant you cancelled they hang up on you. I advise anyone trying to close their match account to make sure to cancel the credit card number they have on file well before the date of renewal. You will never get your money back!

joshuab91
10/13/16

I am not going to go into detail, but long story short. You might find someone, but odds are you wont. there are fake profiles and you have to pay extra just to guarantee someone can email you back. Your either a member or your not, when did it get more complicated than that. Big issue if you do not cancel your auto renewal your not getting your money back so enjoy another however many months you payed of useless service. They are just out for your money and nothing else. they want to charge you for everything. I have another month that I have apparently paid for so I am using my last month to basically say the same thing here......They suck and will take your money that's it.

rayh75
10/11/16

Here is one thing that upsets me. A gorgeous young woman sends me a like that hits my email. I click on that immediately and say WOW! Then I check and the site says "profile not available." What???? I just got the message!? So clearly a typical bait and switch attention-getter but false advertising. So then I wonder ... other women rarely respond. I'm not that ugly, I'm not that rude, I'm not that ... But maybe 1 in 20 reply. Some rejection I can take! But ... really ... If I can't trust the one ... can I trust the other? I think not.

missn4
10/11/16

Their price tag doesnt justify the low quality of matches they provide. In addition to this issue, their customer service is HORRIBLE and they are unwilling to provide refund information or resolutions. When you finally get a rep, then you get bounced around multiple times to people that barely speak English and dont care to help you. I wouldnt recommend this service or their website considering what youre paying for just to meet LOW caliber people.

dano37
10/10/16

Gave this a shot expecting fireworks. I know a few people who have found love on match but it has not happened for me im afraid. I've switched over to wejustfit.com now and that is looking more promising already. I guess it all comes down to the membership levels in the area your in and this just so happens to be better for me. Hope that helps, thanks for reading.

406 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

47 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question