US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cjl3
9/20/16

BEWARE of automatic billing. You will receive no heads up warning email from Match that your subscription is coming due and will be automatically renewed --- most companies issue such an email about 3 days prior to the auto-renewal.
Very poor customer service. While I was on the live chat, I had to ask three times for a phone number, and then, of course, you get on the phone with a person overseas who is reading from a script. Again, very poor customer service.

amym147
9/19/16

I signed up for a Match.com account because of their 'match guarentee' that says if you don't find someone within 6 months, you'll get another 6 months free. However, when the 6 months came around, and all the criteria had been met, I instead found myself charged over $120 from an automatic renewal fee. Apparently they sent an email that I never received, in which I had to accept the free 6-months. Since I never got the email, and thus, couldn't accept the free 6-month membership, they found that it made sense to charge my account instead. They didn't want to make me take the free trail (in case I didn't want to contiue the membership), but they didn't feel bad about charging me for another six months in lieu of the free trail, stating their 'nobel' cause, "For your convenience and to avoid an interruption in communication with your matches."

When I caught the charge, there was no refund, no prorated refund for the remaining months. No flexibility. No ethical approach.

I would never recommend Match. They are a money-making ploy with a few lucky people in the middle. Instead of using Match, I would recommend E-harmony. Or, for those of you who don't want to spend any money, try one of the free sites WITHOUT hidden charges. Tinder, for example! Just be forthright in your bio. No one likes sneaky people. You can't respect them.

It takes a lot for me to write a bad review. It kinda crushes my soul to do so. However, simultaneously, my blood is boiling. I feel taken advantage of and played. How I hate that feeling! I hate even more the fact that they refused to even try to make things right. I can't respect that. I can't respect Match.

brookem28
9/16/16

I got match for a trial to try it out. Realized almost a year later they had been charging my account $65 a month when I hadn't used the account or know I was being charged for it. I called to ask them to check to confirm I had not used the account for a year and they confirmed and would not refund ANY money. Absolutely horrible customer service. I would NEVER recommend match to anyone.

mariahj4
9/14/16

This was the worst descion of my life. It is entirely TOOOO much. There all types of hidden fees. They also STEAL your money. I hate this website and everything they stand for.

deannas28
9/9/16

I purchased, like the stupid girl I am, a 6 month subscript because of the guarantee that if I had not met anyone, I would be given another 6 months free. Boy did that go down the drain.

Then they glitch on their site, and it changes me to a man seeking men. This is with out my knowledge, and finally when I get back on after becoming so frustrated with the lack of messages that happened due to this glitch, I miss my cut off by one day to message enough people so as to not lose my guarantee.
So, they change me into a gay guy, and wonder why I didn't make my message requirements?!

This site is also not very well formatted, in that just anyone can message you. I try to be nice and let the guy know if I'm not interested, but I think I'm the only person in the world who has any consideration left.

They also nickle and dime you to go on meet ups, yes, I get that outings cost money, but couldn't they at least include like one or 2 free so you know if you'll be waiting your time on future dud outings?

kathyc81
9/9/16

This website is so bogus. Profiles that are non active. Profile pics that resemble wanted posters or have been hijacked from another site. Most of the men are angry and bitter old men (over 50YO) who get off playing games or who are on there just for the "hookup ". Don't waste your money or time on this site.

bridgetl8
9/9/16

I believed I have busted Match.com today by accident. Their computer error has 'accidentally' sent me a long list of female who have gotten the same BOGUS/FRAUDULENT message in their inbox as I have gotten by another alias woman trying to set me up with a potential male date. After the list appear then dissapeared on my iPhone screen, Match.com then locked me out of my account completely. If anyone have experience this, PLEASE CONFIRM. I wrote Match the problem I'd experienced. If I don't hear back from them major LEGAL repercussion WILL be swiftly act upon. This is BS and UNEXCEPTABLE!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T

teetak
9/8/16

I was not a subscriber but while trying to update my old profile as a member, they featured me unwittingly, as top spot and charged me for something I would NEVER pay extra for. When I complained, they said they cannot refund me and ultimately deactivated my account for fraud use. So now I lost access to my previous account, am forced to subscribe using new name, email, and payment info. Ironically, even if I did, they still haven't explained how I could have been set up to pay into being featured for top spot.

marcuss47
9/5/16

The site's customer service and billing department is Horrible, in the process of trying to cancel my membership due to a busy work schedule, I received a confirmation of cancellation on 8/21. the next month I was billed again. Seeing the charge and not understanding why I went to the customer service help. The person (Grace.T) who was supposed to help said in the beginning of the conversation they did not see any request to cancel. After finding the email and confirming that I have the proof, she said she THEN found my request to cancel but yet somehow the next day it reactivated. Given I have no email confirming that, and the possibility that she missed something, as stated with NOT SEEING my cancel request. I find very little trust and honesty in this service. Worst customer service I have ever received.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you document your exit emails and any conversations

alexl114
9/4/16

At first I was a little confused when I read all those negative reviews. And once I signed up I understood why people had a negative attitude towards Match.com. Yes, as a matter of facts there are a lot of scammers on Match.com but the idea is not to get discouraged. With a little patience I have met two women on Match.com and I think it is one of the best sites I have used in a long time among with Mingle2day.com. Customer servuice is nice, by the way.

pandoram5
9/3/16

Match need to start looking carefully at these pictures and profile and show or ask for some kind of prove they are who they say and the pictures are recently taken ,match need to show prove that the profile are active and you why when you are looking for a men ladies profile shows up and they sending me winks ,these profile could be the match employees match advertise a lot ,but it's not no way true it's a good layout but to bad it don't live up to a good standard

garyr64
8/31/16

I would like to start out this review by stating that I have not used match.com for almost 14 years. With that being said, when I was using it it was a very good dating site. I met my wife on match.com almost 15 years ago. So as you can see, if you are looking for dates or marriage, it is a good site to go to.

frankb125
8/30/16

Its hard for me to think of a better known site than match. They splurge their logo all over tube trains, magazines and television channels and claim to be the most successful when it comes to arranging relationships that become marriages. I like the site but after a month of using it ive decided to stick with wejustfit.com as I have a lot of contact there im not ready to say bye to. But if I ever decide to change sites, ill definitely move to match.

am7060
8/27/16

Match. com was-of the three online dating sites I tried-the most frustrating overall. I consider myself an attractive, intelligent woman over fifty but for most of the men my age? Foooorget it. It was almost guaranteed they were looking for women 10-20 years younger than themselves (and they make sure their profile says that-and woe unto you if you are not in that "golden age range") That being said, there were (of course) some very nice men who were not of that mind set and I actually ended up seeing one seriously for awhile, so I would say that Match.com CAN work. But it really wasn't a very pleasant experience (and an even somewhat confusing for me as I would really NOT want a partner 20 years younger than myself ever...nor do I think I am such a "catch" that a man that young would even want me...but clearly ,more than a few of the men on Match do NOT share this feeling)

justmem1
8/26/16

I joined last month, realised very quickly that It is a terrible site, paid first month and tried to cancel my subscription and delete my account, 2 weeks later and I'm STILL trying, finally got an email back saying they are refunding me but the user name isn't even me! and now I can't even log into my account even though I have changed my password..shady site and shady customer service.

keithh78
8/23/16

Signed up for a 7 day free trial and a 6 month membership after that. After the first week I was getting people from outside my local area, profiles with no photos and no one responding to any of the messages I sent.
On the day the trial was over, I emailed to cancel the membership. They charged $101 on my card. When I called them they told me they would cancel FUTURE payments (after the 6 months) but refused to refund my card. I even told them they could keep one month's membership for the 7 days I tried it but I explained that I was not happy and wanted a refund. The girl continued to tell me I accepted the TOS and there was nothing they would do or were willing to do. They basically told me to go screw myself. Match.com is a scam in my opinion. They are not an honest company. All they care about is getting your money! DO NOT GUVE THEM A DIME! I tried to email them on the 16th to tell them about a problem and no one got back to me. On Saturday the 20th (before my free trial expired) , I tried calling the automated refund line but they are not open! The message says M-F 8AM - 5PM CST when you call and it hangs up on you.
If my membership starts on Sunday and I have to cancel before the membership starts, I should be able to call Saturday to do that. Sunday they charged my card $101.94. I sent an email and then got a response again, telling me how to use the automated refund system but it just hangs up when you call outside their hours.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!

kathyb106
8/22/16

For the past few weeks, my daily matches contain 3 profiles with pictures and 9 without. What is going on with the no pictures. I clearly state I don't want to see anyone without pics but that's all I'm getting. Didn't used to be like this.

natalies58
8/19/16

I recently called them to get a refund because I had only signed up for a 3 month stand. They said all they could give me back was $8. What a rip off. Every other company I have ever worked with have given me a refund if it had just been taken out of my account and I was going to cancel my membership. Match.com customer service would not budge. RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nealt8
8/17/16

This company removed money from account and I hadn't even heard of them, when I called to speak to them I found them rude and insulting, they have basically fraudulently taken money from me and offered no reason as to why, I am now in the process of reporting this company to the police and cancelling my bank accounts. I would hate to think what they are capable of if I actually was a member. Please be aware of this company!!!!

davidf201
8/16/16

This website sucks, You try to write to someone and they never answer!

jessicay18
8/15/16

Match . Com is a total waste of time and money. I paid for a year, attempted to get a refund after 5 days and was treated so rudely. I met one guy I thought was nice and the rest needed long term medical help for their assorted disorders! Don't waste your time or money.

rachaelw14
8/15/16

The negative online reviews are correct. This website is a scam they are just there to get your money. Watch out on match.com they $#*!ing auto renewed me and charged me for three months. Never sent a reminder email or anything. I thought i had already canceled, but turns out i missed deadline by 4 days. Spent over an hr on phone with customer service and 1st they refused to refund anything then finally they said they would refund 21. Worst customer service ever. Match.com is a $#*!ing scam nothing but $#*!ing creepy old dudes. I deleted everything the reviews online about it are right lol. They would not work with me at all. Worst customer service ever. Do not use this site.

tc83
8/15/16

Match and a eharmony are the worst dating sites possible. There is nothing good about them. not user friendly. Notifications say "new views" or "new conections" with numbers supposedly indicating the number of views. Click on it a zillion times and nothing changes. The numbers just stay the same or ocassionall increase by between one and three that have absolutely nothing to do with your search criteria. And e harmony doesn't even let you search. They again show you "matches" having nothing to do with all the time you spend filling out the form. They are both scams designed to keep you single and paying more money. You will be infinitely better off with a free site like okcupid or plenty of fish.

moj23
8/8/16

Match.com will not let me delete my profile I enter my email address and correct password but it keeps telling me it is wrong when I know it is not match is a rip-off majority of it is fake profiles total rip off

jamier29
8/8/16

If I could give this website 0 stars I would.

This website is f*****g awful. I've never dealt with such bad customer service in my life. They automatically renewed me and charged me 100$ for another 3 Month subscription. (They wouldn't give a stupid refund.) ALSO the person I spoke to barely spoke English and was probably in Timbuktu! I paid for my first three months and the experience was TERRIBLE. They have you put in what you're looking for in a significant other but then they allow ANYONE to contact you, see your profile, like your pictures ETC.

Looking for someone aged between 25-30? Well here are a bunch of creepy 40 and 50 year olds. Like WTF? Never mind all the fake accounts as well.Honestly you're better off with Tinder, you'll probably have more luck on that app. STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY AND YOUR MONEY.

406 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

45 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question