Review of Match.com

Tel: +1.2145769352
pr@match.com

aaronp27
7/27/17

Decided to sign up for a 1 month subscription... which works out cheaper if you go for the 3 or 6 month's plan.
Sadly whilst the subscription gives you the ability to message users, this membership is restricted that the only members that can reply are premium users. Unless the person you want to talk to, upgrades to a subscription like you have or you UPGRADE your current subscription to CONNECT... which will allow all members of the site to respond to your messages. That upgrade itself costs £9.90 a month on top of your current subscription just to send messages....

In all likelihood unless you want to restrict yourself to messaging only premium users and avoid having to pay the upgrade on top of your subscription on the site.. you will seriously be limiting your choices. As the majority of users are free non premium users...

So if you go for the 6 month's plan of £9.99 but decide to have the upgrade Connect to allow free members to message you back... it's going to cost you around £19.89 almost the same as a 3 month subscription costs without the Connect upgrade....

It's a con and rip off!!!

kennethw77
7/24/17

Match is definitely the first stop for any single looking for love online. No doubt. But if you dont try some of the other sites out there (WeJustFit is a good one I joined recently) then you're like totally limiting yourself. And you would not do that with your toilet paper, so why the hell would you do that with your love life?!! The key to this dating game is an open mind! Kenneth, Ontario

conniee6
7/23/17

I went online and joined Match.com in July 2017. My selections were to join for one month or either join for 6 months at a slightly less charge. So I decided to join for just one month. I never got an email that I can remember stating my terms of contract and payment authorization. While on the Match dating site, I chatted with a few people and emailed a lot more and I never got a response. I was beginning to think there were fake profiles like on all of the other dating sites. And overall the site was no better. After a month, I got my credit card statement and I noticed that I was being charged for an additional month from Match.com. It is currently in dispute and looks like Match was charging me for recurring payments and I didn't sign up for that. So I am really ticked off about this site. And per some other reviews on here, I am afraid they could reuse my closed profile which I have also witnessed them doing on Zoosk. I hope not. Don't waste your money!

timj86
7/19/17

I joined Match.com a year ago and had a terrible,terrible experience. I created a genuine profile seeking a genuine woman for a long-term relationship. I literally sent out many messages to women, probably well over a 100, only to get a few responses....19 year old out of my geographical area, in a different country, or responses of women with no pics. I was fed up and I cancelled. This month, July, 2017, I joined again on their 1 month promotion, in hopes of a better experience... WHAT A SHOCK....as soon as I created a profile, again fake reply's and young women in different country's started rolling in. The women in my area that are suppose to be active members are not. I complained to the call center of Match as you will not get through to anyone that is actually employed by the company. The call center rep was extremely RUDE to me and spoke to me like a kindergarten child with autism....constantly repeating herself, and speaking over me...would not even listen to the concerns. I then went online and used the Match 72 hour complaint customer care email line only to find out that the next day they deleted my profile....I received an email from Match noon time that same day saying, I quote (" Please know that due to our terms of use, your Match account has been terminated, we cannot disclose specifics> if you wish to obtain additional information, a valid SUBPOENA SEARCH WARRANT, OR COURT ORDER DIRECTED TO MATCH IS REQUIRED"). What kind of joke is this? I had to call my visa provider, FRAUD dept to get the multiple charges by Match.com reversed. I WOULD NEVER, EVER USE THIS DATING SITE AGAIN!!! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, AND A BIG WASTE OF TIME!!!

Tip for consumers: BEWARE: I WOULD NOT PUT MYSELF THROUGH THIS HORRIFIC; DEMEANING AND INCONCEIVABLE EXPERIENCE AGAIN.

harryg52
7/18/17

After long questionaire was sent matches that were opposite of. Women looked like hags. Signed up for $20 month trial and was charged full 6 months immediatly. Called next day to cancel and told no refunds. Total scam site. Don't sign up. Ads are total lies. When you call you will talk to Indian Robot just reads back no refund. Must get rich keeping money from giving no refunds and supplying no service. Fake woman from escort sites and file photos. Should be locked up

cl8739
7/17/17

Decided to try this site...had issues from the start. It duplicated pictures and wouldn't allow me to delete. They had my birthday wrong by 24 years, therefore I was getting matched with men way too young and after hours and many tries to edit these problems, I gave up. I have tried many times to reach customer service and have had zero success. They offer a "free" trial but you have to give your cc info and sign up to get the free trial. Basically just a waste of time and money for me.

nickm134
7/16/17

In 3 months, I think I talked to 2 people via the email function. I am a normal guy with a nice car and a graduate degree and job. I am reasonably attractive. I am funny and easy to get on with. I have actually had successes with other dating websites to some extent. What you notice about match.com is that: Nearly everyone on it over 30 is divorced and has kids. Most have had bad experiences (aka baggage) that led them to become divorced. Most are super duper paranoid about answering a simple, "hello, how are you". Like what do they expect, a world class prose about the meaning of love in North America? Something about the way this site is marketed says, "please sign up here if you are a disguntled angry person who is not really serious about dating but just making a token stab at it.
There are tons of other sites.... Or better yet: Meet someone the old fashioned way!! See them and talk to them and ask them out. I can't complain about the fees because I did consent to sign up for the time I did. But that doesn't mean I dont regret it!!

dalet34
7/11/17

After six weeks on Match.Com I've decided to move on. I was lucky to get two matches a day. I messaged more than a dozen men; three got back to me. Two dates. One was obviously looking for a quick hook up. Honestly, who asks someone they just met how long they need to know a guy before they have sex? Eeeewwww! The other guy met me at a cafe where he had friends waiting inside for dinner; I wasn't invited. Then there was the guy who messaged me just to tell me I was uninteresting. Not great for the ego. The whole experience ended up being more effort than it was worth. I don't know why it didn't work for me. Maybe there's just too much competition, I'm too old and probably more than a little weird. I'm proud of myself for trying though. It was hard going on a date for the first time in 30 years, but I survived the experience.

bobs165
7/11/17

My account was hacked so had to change passwords and sign ins on every bank, credit card, email... so I canceled, then my credit card gets billed again because they have an automatic rebill on trial accounts. I had canceled!! Customer service does nothing and they are clearly authorized by the company to do nothing. I am filing a complaint with the Attorney General and Bureau of Consumer Affairs. I would recommend all of you who have had similar experiences, and I see there are many to do the same in your state. It is the only way to confront this organization. The process is simple so do not be intimidated

petert131
7/11/17

Signed up to match around valentines day (I know, so stereotypical right? Those damn ads though!) and been using it with varying degrees of success. In recent weeks ive become a member on wejustfit.com and been using the two as a way to improve my chances of getting more regular dates (im not saying I was spending too much time on my couch eating Ben and Jerry's but lets just say I'm not looking forward to my next trip to the dentist!) and it's really helped. Both have different people and use different functions or whatever they're called, gives a bit of variety and definitely helps improve your chances of finding 'the one' (simple case of meeting more people so increasing chances of finding Mr. Right, if he exists). Anyway, long story short, match is good, maybe not as good as they promise but if you're using it with another site to fill in the blanks it can work wonders. Right, someone has a date to prepare for...wish me luck!

stephanep2
7/10/17

My account was hack on a Saturday password change and email change... Had to wait till Monday to be able to cancel my account because their office hours are Monday to Friday only. Trying to imagine what two full days with no control does. Must have lost credibility with everyone I was in contact with. I had to shut down everything because there's no sense of reinstating an account that's been hack. I ask for a full refund for my trouble which many other companies would do and they didn't accept it. This company will do nothing for you if your account gets hack. I recommend Zoosk... you'll get more people looking at your profile... Don't bother with Match, you learn really quickly what they stand for when your account gets hack. The receptionist also told me that this was an issue that was common. Not a secure site, avoid it, avoid it, avoid it. Mark my words, had more success with Zoosk anyway.

jamess568
7/9/17

Match only joins you with partners that are at the minumem last log in status 3 weeks ago. Crap dating site for the user.

pandoram7
7/8/17

They canceled me within two weeks of my subscription when I went to log back in they said check my email for the reason why they canceled me and when I did check they said I violated policy what policy because I didn't kept my picture on up or because i took it down and put some better ones up, I have no idea but it's a good thing that I did not use my bank card I use a prepaid card so they wouldn't be able to renew any membership and I put enough money just to cover one month membership I have joined this match.com before and I know the bs they do to you but I said let me give them one more chance but now I know for those who find someone good for you and for those who don't ,,don't give up there's other sites out there and you will eventually will find someone safe hunting

jasonh175
7/6/17

Match is not bad at all! Many members, more than on other sites. Had very limited success on other dating sites but Match worked pretty well. Not sure if I like it more or less than Mingle2day, in my opinion both work fine but keep in mind that maybe they are not a good option if you are not looking for a full time relationship.

davidb717
7/4/17

I was a member of match.com. I canceled my account and continued to get charged through my account. They customer service are inconsiderate and rude, there is no manager to get ahold of, and all of customer service are foreigners. They will beat you around the bush, anything to keep their money. It is a joke, money grabbing selfish bastards. Make sure when you cancel your subscription ask for all your information to be deleted, or they will help them self's into opening a new subscription.

steves374
6/28/17

As a consumer I think that Match is one of the highest rated in my book. They provide a mot more security for their members. And yes, security initially costs, so what?! Not sure if I like it more or less than Mingle2day but I highly recommend Match and in my opinion one of the best dating sites.

andrewb213
6/26/17

Always liked match, used it for years and dont have a bad thing to say about it. Ironically I met my girlfriend on wejustfit.com shortly after joining but it could have just as easily been match turns out we were both using these exact sites (she was using another one too, im always joking that makes her more desperate than me but it's actually sensible to use as many as you can be bothered/ afford, not that I admit that to her). So yeah, online dating worked for us, just stay positive guys!

dont187
6/26/17

Terrible app. I clicked unsubscribe several times over the last month and they are still spamming me with 4-5 emails a week.

jimm1441
6/26/17

Instead of giving the user more information at a glance, or God forbid, give the user more control over what information is presented at a glance, Match has removed every bit of displayed information about a candidate other than age and an "Iceberg Shot". An Iceberg Shot is best described like this: "10% of an iceberg is above the water and beautiful; unfortunately, it's the 90% you can't see that's going to ruin your day". When all I can see of a woman is shoulders neck and face, "that's" an Iceberg Shot. In order to even find out where a candidate lives, you must hover over the photo. To find out anything else, you must open the candidates full profile. You don't even know if there are any other photos until you go to the full profile. The new interface is so inefficient, that I've stopped using any of the Search functions (which they've stupidly re-named "Discover"). All I check these days are "maybe" the 12 daily matches, which can sometimes make me wonder, "What the Hell are they thinking?!" Other than that, all I do is respond to "Likes", answer emails and check Views. I can not imagine what marketing imbecile thought these changes were value-added to the user. I can't imagine the executive idiots that listened to the imbecile's sales pitch and thought, "Oh yeh, this will be a big improvement for our users." If they don't restore efficiency and information at a glance, I'm going to start looking at other sites. It's really "that" bad. Match's only value is in the mere number of candidates, which "can" improve probabilities, but at an unacceptable cost now. If you value your time, don't bother looking at Match. With great disappointment - Jim Moscardini

jacksonh23
6/24/17

Match.com does auto-charge people without notice AND then if you contest the charge, and lose, they will freeze your account for the duration of your membership. So not only do you get charged, but you also don't get to use the service that you didn't want but paid for!!! This company deserves to be shut down.

jackier65
6/24/17

They had many fake profiles of really nice looking people that suddenly disappear once they get your $$. I've had this experience twice with them now... There won't be a third. I would really like my money back. It's way too expensive anyway for bogus BS! needs to be a law suit against them... Same with Zoosk and Our Time sending fake emails once your subscription is up making you think you are missing something!!! Stick with POF it's free and most profiles are real and they don't seem to send fake views and emails.

dk89
6/21/17

I was charged erroneously and when I tried to get a credit issued I was told to drop the dispute and I would be credited immediately. Upon doing so, they said it would take 60 days for the credit to appear and would not connect me with a supervisor.

elainek23
6/20/17

I signed up for free trial cancelled next day charged me for 6 months account closed not using service and they keep your money no refund beware

maureaneo
6/20/17

BUYER BEWARE!!!! MATCH IS AN UNETHICAL COMPANY WITH FRAUDULENT BUSINESS PRACTICES. DO NOT SUPPORT THEM WITH YOUR $$$$$$

Tried to sign up through their site. It would not process my payment. I kept getting an error message. I tried several times, with a couple of payment choices - my credit card and PayPal (which is associated with a different email address but the SAME funding account and personal identification information. AND the email addresses are EXACTLY the same except for one is me.com and one is hotmail.com). It finally worked. I successfully purchased a 3-month subscription. Only to find later that evening that their faulty site had processed more than one payment and opened more than one profile under my name, using both email addresses and charging me hundreds of dollars in overages!!!! Match WOULD NOT REFUND THE OVERCHARGES because they said that these were DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS!! Cited their 'policies and procedures' dictate that refunds aren't allowed! Whoa!!! This was their site's error, not mine! Their 'chat' person could clearly see in their records that the subscriptions were identical in terms of my personal information, the date and time of the purchase, and the credit card used for both were the same!!!!!

A subscription is with a PERSON, not an EMAIL ADDRESS!!! AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, THIS WAS THEIR ERROR!!!

Their 'chat' person would not escalate my complaint nor was I allowed to actually speak to a manager!! Their 'chat' person just kept quoting from their P&P manual and then disconnected the call and disabled my ability to lodge another complaint or 'chat' with anyone else!!! Match WOULD NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR ERROR WHICH COST ME HUNDREDS OF $$$!!!

I'M SURE THAT I CAN'T BE THE ONLY ONE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO!!

THIS COMPANY IS COMPLETELY UNETHICAL!!! A CONSUMER SHOULD HAVE THE ABILITY TO SPEAK WITH A PERSON WITHIN ANY ORGANIZATION SELLING A SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC AND SECURE THE REFUND OF UNAUTHORIZED FUNDS.

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! I REPEATEDLY REQUESTED TO SPEAK TO MANAGEMENT AND A FULL REFUND. I WAS HUNG UP ON. THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO ACTUALLY CALL AND SPEAK TO ANYONE. YOU ARE AT THE MERCY OF THEIR 'CHAT' PERSON!!!

THIS COMPANY IS UNETHICAL AND FRAUDULENT. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER SUPPORT THIS COMPANY BY PURCHASING A SUBSCRIPTION. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER SERVICES ONE CAN AVAIL THEMSELVES OF. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!

jessiec40
6/18/17

Match keeps automatically charging the original credit card, so it does not check with the user before making the charges to see if the user still wants to keep the account. I was automatically charged, and after cancelling the subscription, I apparently renewed the service by going back to the same account one year later. I had to cancel the subscription a second time. The Match.com daters are okay for casual dating, but the vast majority are not looking for serious relationships. They are not looking for hookups either, but they are often uncomfortable meeting another person via online dating. I met guys who came up with a myriad of excuses to avoid seriously dating me (or anyone else).

1,052 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I was unable to get a refund but I dispute the transaction and got my money back that way. I said it was because they were not providing the service they claim to offer. If you can dispute with your bank just tell them you didn't authorize the transaction and the company refuses to refund you. Good luck.

By Lara W. on 4/18/16
Helpful answer

Absolutely NOT. This is a site that has only one purpose and that is to scam you out of your money. Not only are there scammers as stated by Diane H. and Sally C. this site is completely dishonest about how it works and what you can expect from it. I'll share this one example to illustrate. When you join with a credit card, they will inform you that you now have full access to their site and features. You can now send mail to the men and start meeting them. However, there is a catch that they do NOT mention on the sign up page. The catch is that you can send all the letters you want to the men, BUT, unless the men are also fully paid members, none of them are allowed to read your mail and reply to you. What is the point of paying to use the service when the other side must also have a fully paid membership? If you have paid your membership fee then by all standards you are now entitled to not only write to the men but to expect them to reply back to you. Not on match. There is an extra fee that you must pay so that non members can receive, read and reply to your mail. This is a SCAM on every level. Please save your money and avoid this site at all costs. I'm speaking from first hand experience. Read the testimonies on this site and understand that they are all 100% correct and accurate.

By josh l. on 8/26/15
Helpful answer

Back in the 1980s, strip clubs were pulling all sorts of over charge and fake charge scams and forcing people tp pay. Here in Atlanta a majpr federal case against the GOLD CLUB brought all that to light and alot of changes were made in the industry..... I BRING THAT UP BECAUSE....these social sites seem to be attempting the same types of scams and are getting away with it. By U.S. fedeal standars ALL THESE SITES FALL UNDER THE RACKETEERING STATUTE. Unfortunately there is NO enforcement of these laws at this time. Your best option is to dispute the entire charge with your credit card. They may not want to do this because they are seeing so much of it. BE FIRM AND INSIST IT IS A MATTER OF CREDIT FRAUD. Also be sure to indicate that you are filling a consumer notice with the Federal Trade Commision (they have online forms for this to keep a numbers count on how many people are affected by these sorts of things. www.FTC.org). If you have been a good card holder, you shouldnt have any issues except for 1: ALL THESE SITES ARE NOTORIOUS FOR REBILLING/DRAFTING YOUR CREDIT ACCOUNT. You may want to file a COMPROMISED CREDIT CARD CLAIM AT THE TIME OF THE DISPUTE and have your card issuer SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT CARD WITH A NEW CARD NUMBER.

By kevin t. on 9/21/15
Helpful answer

You will have a hard time getting your money back Terri. The first time I was with them years ago, I forgot the auto renewal and tried to get my money back and they fought me tooth and nail. This time I tried both Ourtime and Match and both experiences were not good though Ourtime was a bit better. I agree with some of the answers here that Match baits you toward the end of your subscription with possible contacts, but since I cannot proof that I have to add that disclaimer. Everything you have run into with your experience I have had with mine.

By mark k. on 5/4/15
Helpful answer

If you were charged in one lump sum, you can't. If they are auto billing you every month, shut it off. If they took one lump sum, the best you can do is file a formal complaint with the BBB and any federal fraud protection agency you can dig up. Why would they refund you? They don't give a $#*!. To even get a response, you will have to have a local attorney draft a letter threatening to bring civil action (that will cost more than the year they billed you for). If you wanted to make a point, hire the attorney to file the civil suit. The suit would have to be for considerably more than they extorted. To win that is next to impossible because the court will require you justify the additional damages for which you are suing, They will, by law, have to respond. At which point they will issue a refund (a couple hundred dollars), the court will consider it satisfied, and the attorney will bill you a couple of grand for their effort. Point is, you're screwed! These internet companies know that the expense you would incur trying to fight them (especially across state lines) far, far exceeds what they ripped from you. It's essentially legal theft. Sorry about your luck...You got had! I've been there in other areas myself.

By tom j. on 10/1/15
Helpful answer

Hi Stephen, First of all, I am really sorry you are still dealing with Match.com and their unethical ways. I am still receiving emails for Match too, even though I have canceled my account many months ago. I scam every email they send me, but they send new emails form alternate email addresses. Perhaps you will have better luck then me, if call them. I am seriously thinking of contacting Better Business Bureau to see if that helps. I know that it looks bad for a business to have complaints on them on BBB, so if you mentioned that to Match when you call them (that is if you get to reach them), they might stop pestering you. So the only advice I can think of is, contact BBB, and state your concern and complaint to them. Good luck!

By Tone J. on 4/4/16
Helpful answer

Cancel the card you used when you joined.

By Paisley-girl n. on 4/17/16
Helpful answer

The first thing you need to understand (if you haven't already discovered it on match) is that none of your letters will be read unless the recipient is a FULLY PAID member. Even though you have paid to be a member you are still not able to contact the other person. There is a option available to you but it's pretty much extortion on the part of Match. You can pay an additional monthly fee where all of your mail is delivered and they can read and reply back to you. Apart from that I can't really give you any other answers other than don't renew with this site.

By josh l. on 5/31/15
Helpful answer

I feel the same way Teresa, i have been on the site for 1 year now and cancelled my subscription, but was told it won't officially cancel until May because i waited to late after my initial sign up day, so i got stuck with another year. I am a handsome guy with a lot to offer, but for some reason never really got emails as i expected, i started to think the people profiles were fake or the women i was interested in didn't know a good man if his profiled slapped them in the face, just sayN. 41, recently divorced for little over a year, highly educated, working in my profession, make close to six figures, single, don't cheat, great personality, smart, don't play, and real down to earth.....but i guess no one believed it or didn't like my handsome picks...IDK. confused!

By jacie r. on 1/10/16
Helpful answer

It is because there are not any real people on match.com. Most of the profiles are fakes, or they are people who may have once been on the site and now their profiles are used as bait to get you to sign up and pay, thinking there are actual matches that could be made. Also a lot of the profiles are people who have not actually signed up and paid so they could not even get back to you if they wanted (unless they too pay for the privilege of sending an email reply). Do not sign up! This is an unethical site that does a bait and switch to get money out of you and others and does not delivery on any promises. Most of the profiles are cons trying to get something from you. This site should be shut down!

By firstname l. on 6/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Match.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Match.com