US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

chuckk5

They are a very poor company and their customer service sucks. (in 91 reviews)

jerryw43

The site offers another 6 months free but there are almost unattainable requirements attached. (in 46 reviews)

su2119

I was always immediately offered 3 months for $30, and I was able to repeat this whenever my 3 months was up. (in 40 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

dough41
7/26/16

I met my wife on match 10 years ago. Tried to make new account for wife's friend in china. They overcharged and refused any refund. Will get my money back form my c card. So dissapointed in what match has become. Now I know why match is not available in china anymore

stephend53
7/23/16

I'm very reluctant to give up my hard earned money to use online dating sites when there are free ones out there. But given the lack of traffic on sites like POF and OKCupid, I decided to take the plunge and buy the cheapest Match subscription (£60 for 6 months).

What happened next was devious beyond measure. I was taken to a screen where it gave me 2 upgrade options - they were presented in a way that made them look free. I chose one without thinking anything more about it. Until I checked my bank statement.

I'd been charged another £60 on top of my subscription!

So what's the service like? Well I was inundated with interested women within the first 24 hours and I got talking with quite a few as well. Then suddenly the site logged me out and I couldn't access my account for a day. I was told by their team that there was a glitch. When I eventually got back on, the girls I was talking to had dropped their interest, one had even deleted her profile. The one thing Match is supposed to do is provide a platform for people to talk to each other and to hook up. They failed big time.

Even more frustrating is that the wave of interest from women completely ended. It has me wondering if Match deliberately usher women towards new users to make them feel the price-tag is justified. But having been using it for around a week now, I can say it's not worth the ridiculous £120 I inadvertently paid.

Honestly, unless you're really good at text-based dating and know a plethora of ways to set up a date online - just don't waste your money on this.

markm279
7/19/16

I wasn't too keen on this site at first but now i think I've got it all sussed. With the obvious delays in getting replies (and some times you never get replies) its better to use more than one dating site because one on its own can be quite boring at first, until you've been on a while and sent a lot of messages out. when you're using more than one you're able to contact more people and obviously that means you get more replies coming in between the 2 or 3 different dating sites. Here is how I do it in case it helps explain better:
1. Join first site (mine was this site actually), complete profile as full as possible
2. join second site (i went for wejustfit.com here), complete profile with same or different information/ pictures
3. join optional third site, maybe a free dating site if money is a limitation, but paid ones are better as women tend to trust men more if they are serious enough to pay for dating sites. complete profile in full! cant stress this enough!
4. Take the three or six month option on the paid sites (depending on how optimistic you are of meeting your other half in that time period!) as it works out cheaper that way and a month IS NOT enough time no matter what anyone says
5. make sure your phone/ ipad/ etc is connected so you're able to log on from anywhere (the sites i use all work well on mob)
6. send messages whenever you have free time during the week and on sundays - on the train, on your lunch break, instead of watching eastenders, etc!!! the aim is to get dates arranged for the weekend when most people are free
Follow these tips and youll find you're getting into conversations with interesting people and making the most of your weekends with occasional dates and real in person meet ups. its much better than spending a month on one site and wondering why you haven't had a date yet, trust me! Best of luck!

jessik8
7/19/16

Id like to express how unprofessional and unhelpful this company has been. I tried canceling my profile two months ago and then a few days ago saw they TOOK OUT ANOTHER PAYMENT FOR 6 MONTHS after trying to cancel two months prior. After speaking to two reps from the company, they were not able to give me back the refund of $68.50. IT HAD ALSO BEEN PRETTY CLEAR THAT I HAVENT BEEN ACTIVE ON MY PROFILE FOR MONTHS AND USING COMMON SENSE (WHICH THEM AND THEIR EMPLOYEES SEEM TO LACK) IT WOULD MAKE SENSE AS TO WHY I TRIED CANCELING MY PROFILE TWO MONTHS AGO. Wouldnt that make sense to anyone with a brain?! CLEARLY THEIR WEBSITE OR APP HAD A GLITCH AND DIDNT GET THE CANCEL CONFIRMATION AND NOW THEYRE MAKING IT MY PROBLEM BY NOT GIVING ME A REFUND FOR THE 6MO MEMBERSHIP THEY RECHARGED ME FOR THIS WEEK. Does that not make sense to these idiots? Is $70 really that important to them that they cannot give a refund TO A LOYAL CUSTOMER FOR YEARS MIND YOU?! Technically they already got me paying for those 4months when i wasnt even using it, BUT THEN THEYRE GOING TO CHARGE ME FOR ANOTHER 6MONTHS WHEN THEIR WEBSITE CLEARLY HAD A GLITCH WHEN I TRIED TO CANCEL?! Theyre not even willing to give $70 measley dollars back to a customer, OBVIOUSLY BECAUSE $70 IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO THEIR GIGANTIC COMPANY. ITS NOT REALLY ABOUT $70, ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF IT. MAKING THEIR WEBSITE OR APP GLITCH THEIR CUSTOMERS PROBLEM AND MAKING THEM PAY FOR IT OVER SEVENTY $#*!ING DOLLARS.

carar16
7/19/16

I would give 0 stars if I could. I am moving back to the US after 8 years living abroad and I remember match.com being one of the more popular sites to meet people. After attempting to sign in from my email and fill out a profile I was kicked off before I could do anything. I was blocked from match before I could even use it. When I tried to call and email they could not give me a reason as to why they blocked me they said they cannot even get into my account and see the issue without me suing them. It does not even make sense and sounds totally ridiculous and made up! In the end Im just giving up because not one person could answer why it happened.

laurah131
7/18/16

this company stole $250 from me,,, and laughed all the way home! They need to be stopped, I signed up for a trial, they billed me for a year,,,, losers.,,,, just like their fake profiles

mayuril
7/17/16

I could not signin to my profile did everything that was sugested by Match on there site!! Only to find out that the email contact had been compromised!! THERE IS NO EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBER so have to wait till Monday when who knows what's going to happen to my photos and personal information!!!.

mistera2
7/16/16

I met a most wonderful woman from OkCupid and I would highly recommend their site to others. Match.com continues to send me emails after I have removed my profile, unsubscribe from their email list, and called Customer Service twice to have them stop sending me emails. I'm still getting emails from them. They suck. :-)

adrianneb1
7/16/16

I never met one guy from Chicago several of them went to the left as in spankings calling me mommy GROSS JUST GROSS! I'm older but not old I'm self sufficient but love to be spoiled! I expect to be treated like my dad treated my mom till death did part them a LADY!

debbiem90
7/15/16

I did not realize the membership was autorenewal. I didn't even use it after the first few days. When I saw the renewal on my account I tried to cancel and get a refund and they refused the refund. They sent no notice that renewal was due, and counted on the fact that most people don't see or forget about the auto renew. Unethical and unfair business practice!

leed54
7/12/16

Big rip off. Save you money. You can't get your money back and they continue to charge you. I am giving them one star because zero stars is not an option.

lonniej7
7/12/16

I took on the one month script, after that I got nowhere, so I canceled my prescription. At least I thought I did, until I went over my credit card statement. They have an auto renewal that will start you over every month. You have to go to another location just to cancel your money from being deducted from your account. I call to ask for a refund for the few months that was seen not active, and was denied. This is how Match makes their money. I lost out on both ends. This sight did not help me with a Match and took my money behind my back, would not return it and all I got was a sorry have a great day, LOL. Keep this in mind when using MATCH.COM

kerif
7/11/16

I've purchased my match through Groupon and they had my cc info not match. I tried to cancel my subscription through the app and it shows you how but doesn't allow you to get to your account settings on the app. I didn't think they would recharge me through groupon and they did. It was then I had deleted the app I then had to go back in and found the settings tab. Only if you delete the app and go back and sign in is the account settings there. Customer service is over seas and are rude. They offered less than half of the amount charged. When I asked for a supervisor go figure there is no supervisor to speak to. Never again!

catherined29
7/9/16

I emailed customer service prior to the end of my subscription, notifying them that I wanted to cancel. I received an email reply confirming my cancellation and assuring me my credit card would not be charged. However, it was charged and I could not get any response from customer service when I attempted to contact them. It was considerable hassle to work with my bank to get the charge reversed. I will NEVER do business with match.com again and I would advise anyone else to avoid this site.

janej55
7/7/16

Match has a feature to terminate your membership. You think you have terminated your membership because you click CANCEL, but in fact you have not cancelled. Until you go through the hoops of answering questions, you are not in fact cancelled. It's misleading and fraudulent.

mg82
7/7/16

terrible website, ridiculous matches and worst of all HIDDEN CHARGES - money will leave your account without your permission and the awful dishonest customer service will refuse to refund
AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE

howardp29
7/5/16

BEEN USING MATCH.COM NOW FOR JUST UNDER A MONTH AND STILL UNDECIDED. I USED WEJUSTFIT.COM FOR A MONTH BEFORE HAND AND MUST SAY I EXPECTED MATCH TO BE BY BEST BECAUSE OF ALL THE COMMERCIALS THEY DO BUT ID SAY THEY ARE AS GOOD AS EACH OTHER. IN FACT I HAD A PROPER DATE ON WJF SO IT PROBABLY EVEN WINS. OVERALL MATCH SHOULD BE BETTER BUT ITS NOT.

teresah45
7/4/16

I tried to cancel my membership renewal online a week before it expired. On the expiration date I learned I had been billed for another 3 months. I called and complained. I was told that if I didn't receive an email confirming my cancellation, then it wasn't cancelled. I said I didn't know that. I had the distinct impression it was cancelled early because I was locked out of it for 24 hours after I completed the form online. Representative was rude, rigid and unreasonable. Even though
i was complaining on the day of renewal she would not refund my $59.00 renewal charge.
Totally unreasonable and unfair. Im disputing the charge with my credit card company

heidiz5
7/1/16

The selection of matches is terrible, and match does a poor job of finding desirable matches. The customer service is also very poor

annm132
7/1/16

Horrible website. Crappy matches. Worse customer service.

samanthaj36
6/30/16

I am not one to complain and overall the site is very good and easy to get around however the men on there are so far from one perspectoius to the other end of the scale but I think a lot of males r using the site like pof and pmf just to get a one night stand rather than really dating. Men r rude crude and impatient on the site as an example of the types that use the site.
My advice don't do dating sites get out there meet people face to face

lalaineo
6/27/16

I was scammed on match.com by a man claiming to be James S. Thompson. He quickly wanted my personal information to text only me after we met on match.com. He said that he lived in Lewisville, TX, was divorced, had a 6 year old daughter, and an 8 year old son. He said that he owned a small construction company named Jappy Construction. He quickly said he loved me and wanted to marry me. He than started asking for money. First, he wanted $5,000 for a broken tractor. He than wanted $1,200 for medicine for his dying daughter whom he said had internal bleeding. One day he said that he was going Istanbul, Turkey for a construction contract and that he would be gone for several months. He texted me and said that he was robbed in Instanbul while walking to the hotel from work. He said that 3 men jumped him. He claimed that his left arm was cut by a knife, he had a sprained ankle, and was pistol whipped in the neck by the gun. James said that he had to get back to the states because he could no longer work due to his injuries. I told him to get paid by his employer. He said that he no longer had their phone number. He said I would need to send him money ($2,500). He said that it cost that much money to fly from Istanbul, Turkey to Houston, TX. I told him that I looked it up and it did not cost that much. He did not know the correct flight time from Istanbul to Houston. I made the mistake and sent him money. He always had an excuse of why he could not buy a plane ticket. He kept asking me to send more and more money. He had me send the money Western Union to Olanrewaju Tunde Ojo in Istanbul, Turkey 34000. He claimed that was his travel agent. I told him that I looked up that name on the Internet and that he was a Nigerian man. I told him that he was catfishing me with a Nigerian romance scam. James assured me that he was not scamming me. I sent money. As I said, he kept wanting more and more money. I finally googled his phone number on the Internet and found out that he had scammed other people. If anyone calls you from this phone number, don't believe him. He is a scammer and a very good one. He broke my heart in the process. He was very believable. He copied love poems from the Internet. He also had a very thick French accent. His grammar was also very bad when he texted. Please don't believe a word he says. I have tried to submit his picture in this site, but I am unsure how to submit a picture.

anthonyk55
6/26/16

Obviously, many people are not happy using Match but let us be fair here: This site is NOT perfect but pretty much one of the largest dating sites you will find and in my opinion one of the best dating sites as well. I have used Match for quiet a few months and only stopped using it because I personally likes Mingle2day much more. But I had some nice dates using Match and I would really recommend it!

paulj102
6/25/16

Nice set up and their team did a great job with the overall layout of the website but they will bleed you dry once you sign up and agree to automatic payments from your bank account. Some of the irregular payments from my account were very small and random but all together amounted to far more than the agreed figure for a 3 month membership.
Although people do find partners on the site and I've even had some success myself, I just don't have respect for a company that sneakily rinses my wallet out like a rabid demon.
If you sign up watch your back or more importantly watch your bank account!!

roberts454
6/25/16

I cancelled my auto-renewal on Match and then telephoned for confirmation that this had been actioned. The 'customer services' advisor offered me a 50% discount if I renewed. I accepted only to find that they debited my credit card by the full amount. When I noticed the debit, around 4 weeks later, I immediately phoned to complain. Match refused to refund the difference saying that they never offered me that discount. I asked for a transcript of the telephone call but they said they no longer had the original recording. I contacted my Credit card provide who indemnified my loss and I have now reported Match to my MP. I urge all dissatisfied members to lobby their MP in order that action be taken against this corrupt, unethical organisation.

Tip for consumers: The site works, providing you are resilient and are willing to put in some effort rather than waiting for people to contact you. Unfortunately the company is corrupt and cannot be trusted.

406 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question