Review of Match.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

calvinm42
3/27/17

Match has a lot going in its favor, its super simple to use & has high user numbers (at least in the NY state area where I'm resident) but if anyone thinks that online dating is limited to match.com then with all due respect that's just not correct there are some other good options (wejustfit.com is the obvious one that springs to mind but there are more) and its really worth trying whats out there before confining yourself to one dating company for life. You might be surprised by where love is hiding so my advice is to save being monogamous until you find love but during the online search be a total floozy and go from site to site until you figure out the best one for you!!

junr2
3/26/17

Match.com is totally a SCAM. When I signed up there was no information or warning that before the end of your subscription you got to cancel atnd this had happened to me, they got another $79.99 from my Paypal account and they said there is no refund. I was match to beautiful young ladies, but they are fake and will inform you there profiles are not available. All ladies whom I interested to contact are not in existent ...they are old signers who had quit a long time ago.

Tip for consumers: Beware of Match

davidm599
3/26/17

My 1st personal add was in a newspaper 23 years ago where I met my wife. I am a widower. I passed on her add twice, she answered my add. I proposed at the end of our 1st date. Never regretted it for 1 single second. They do work.

But you will only get out of it what you put into your profile. The more you put into your profile, the more careful you have to be. The sites have one purpose, separate you from your money. If you get a full subscription with all the frills, your experience will probably be a good one. If you try to use a "bargain" subscription, everything is geared to get you to upgrade. Be aware going in.

I started with Match.com and then switched to Zoosk. They both work basically the same way. Zoosk seems a little more determined to separate you from your money. Match pays a lot less attention to who uses their site. I got many more "ladies of the night" and scammers on Match than I do on Zoosk. Neither on pays much attention to your "preferences" in "matching" you to some one else.

I would like to extend a strong caution to the women. From the stories I hear, the scammers and men cheating on their wives is much worse for you. BE CAREFUL. There are good men out there (like me) but the people working the scams and hookers are extremely sophisticated and, I believe, are doing psychological profiling to target individuals. I put a lot into my profile and it makes me an easy target. I have had 2 hookers admit that they had been coached on how to approach me. But if you are like me, this is the only way of meeting anyone, JUST BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL.

linns2
3/25/17

I was going to join for 3 mos. when a pop up came with a special offer for 6 mos., so I chose that, but after 3 weeks canceled. Every email I received came from scam/con artists. And I received plenty. Somehow my name and email address was even accessed by someone not on Match like these cons were sharing information. I couldn't even get a refund for this bad experience and had to call Match to remove my profile from viewing, even from me. They keep profiles for a year just in case you change your mind. No way would I ever do that. My profile is still not completely canceled even with this phone call. STAY AWAY!

metheww
3/25/17

I decided to go online as I was moving to a new city. Been doing a little research and decided on Mingle2day, Match and a few free chat sites which were a waste of time, btw. Sticked to Mingle2day and Match and upgraded my profile on both sites rotationally. Really happy that I did. Haven't found anything serious yet but chattet and met with some nice women. Both sites are easy to use and really cost effective. I see no reason to complain.

jessicar100
3/24/17

I feel all dating sites need to step up their game on protection and quality of matching people as far as I've seen all the sites have pore matching quality.I think the people who make the questioner #1 qualification should be that they used a dating website.Because if you never used one then you don't have life experience to work with one.#2 They should have very good people skills and care about the feelings of the people who will use the site it's not hard to do.#3 COMMONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually that should be first.Some of the things your asked are ridiculous on any site.Protection should always be well managed if your site is being filled with reviews that say scammers,fake,pervs,dangerous find out why from that user and contact them hear their reasons and do all you can to fix the problem for everyone not just them.I understand it's hard for companies and every day people to know who's a fake but the company has more resources to help so don't be lazy do the work to make your company better.Too many people are laying down on the job when it comes to dating online don't give us I'm sorries and your excuses we need safety not bull$#*!.Al that being said Match for me wasn't the worst I've used and I have cousin who found his wife through match and they are a great couple and have gotten married and just had their first baby after 4 years together.So yes some people get lucky but not the case for most I stopped my account because at the time I did find someone else off line so I canceled because I didn't needed at that time anymore.I have been thinking of resigning up maybe some day I'm single again but taking time for me before I start dating again my own personal life choice.My problem with dating I can't blame the site for this men seen my pictures and I got swamped with people but the problem is that most people are lazy and don't bother reading your profile or they think they are suave enough to change you mind.About things like I want a gentlemen non smoker and someone who thinks having a drink or 100 drinks makes them a desirable person because they like to party is a huge no to me.Don't like people who put addiction of any kind as a life priority not for me.I guess I want a unicorn because it feels that way on all dating sites.What I'm looking for isn't a far fetched request I feel a healthy,smart non smoker,non drinker,no drugs,no addictionst,respectful,confident and has a personality not arrogant who I can find attractive physically as well not a model just someone I can be attracted to and I'm not picky that seems impossible to find.And I feel if matching was better matched I'd find more with my values and not thugs that want a hot girl to call their $#*! and use me for money or what ever they think they can get.I'm a nice person not a push over dating sites do your home work and good people will fallow when they see better reviews and feel safer and feel you care dating sites will be better respected.

micaelas
3/22/17

one of the best website and very good images of your web pages.. look nice...
Thanks for the sharing.!

larryc99
3/21/17

First of all, I can't imagine why they cancelled me. I had been a free customer and finally decided to try a paid membership because I had received several emails and I wanted to see who they were from. So I paid for a membership and responded to the emails I had received - and a few hours later I am abruptly cancelled for no reason ?!
AND more importantly, I have NOT received a refund !! I sent an email and they said that I received a refund.... LIARS ! I sent them a copy of my statement to prove I had received no refund and still they don't respond. What kind of a scam are they running?
UNBELIEVABLE !!

taushah1
Joe h.
3/19/17

They will take money unauthorized from your accounts and will cancel your paid membership if you ask to not be billed in the future. Scam artists

andyl84
3/16/17

Really liking match.com. Not sure if I prefer it to wejustfit.com yet as ive had real dates from that dating site but giving match a try and using two together to boost my chances of finding mrs. right haha! Need all the help I can get! Andy, Leeds

jenniferb281
3/15/17

had not logged into my account in about a week, when I went to log in it would not let me. I sent an e-mail to reset my password and never received an email. I then e-mailed match.com my problem. They did not respond for three days. When they finally did they told me I had changed the e-mail address for my account to jean.ever@mail.com this is not an email of mine. At this point I e-mailed them back saying that my account had been hacked. They assured me it had not and that they would change the account back to my gmail address. I was able to log-in and set my password. When I logged in my entire account was changed the only thing that was their was my photos (minus the ones with my son) bio had been changed and messages where sent to a ton a people via my account. As i was e-mailing people stating this was not really not me the account logged me out AGAIN! I tried to log back in and could not. At this point I called Match and they reassured me know one had got into my account for a second time and that I needed to reset my password again. I explained I did this and obviously it did not work because that person was able to log back into my account again. I did as they said anyway and when I logged in the person who was posing as me had erased all e-mails that where sent. When I told this to Match they told me that I was wrong and that could not have happen. (well I am not crazy and I know what I saw). I told them I wanted the account completely disabled that I felt my identity had been completely violated and they have done absolutely nothing for me! That my payment info was in my account and they could have stole that info also. They again just kept saying just change your password. When I told them I wanted a refund they refused. So, I had them disable an account that is paid for because I was worried about being hacked for a third time!! The costumer service was the worst I have ever dealt with and I spoke with three different people (supposedly upper management). I would never pay money to this company again. So be aware of your identity being stolen because clearly there security measures are not high!

alexm262
3/13/17

According to Match.com, ignoring someone's advances is grounds for being deactivated for "harassment or offensive emails." After a first date with absolutely no physical contact, nothing more than dinner, I chose to discontinue talking to the person. This got my account deactivated, and when i followed up with Match.com they told me they couldn't discuss the details with me due to their Privacy Policy.. That's right, they couldn't tell me why they'd deactivated my account, that i pay for, because it would violate privacy policy. So i'm being punished for not wanting a second date with someone on Match.com, and Match.com is fully supporting this. I have to "get a subpoena or warrant" to find out what someone said about me to get me deactivated. STAY AWAY FROM MATCH, any psycho that doesn't get their way on a date can make a false claim against you and Match.com will back it up and punish you without any proof of any kind.

by538
3/13/17

I signed up with Match for a trial period for 3 months. I stopped using it a month before the trial was over. I checked my bank account on the fourth month and found they had automatically charged me another $80!! When I called they told me the most they could refund me was $29.01. The lady said that they were only able to refund me back one month and I would have to keep the match membership for another month. Yet when I asked why I wasn't receiving a refund closer to $40, since I'm apparently being charged $40 a month, she told me they are only authorized to refund back $29.01. I then asked to speak to a supervisor/manager and she refused to transfer me even though she admitted there was a manger on the floor. I'm going to assume there are many more customers out there that have experienced this same issue....Its so frustrating!!!!!!

chipb
3/13/17

Less than a month and they will not refund or prorate my account. I great numerous young girls trying to get me to email or text them. Must be a scam I'm 52 and they are 20. Do not care for this site at all too much spam etc. something wrong with a business that will not refund you especially when 95% of purchase is not delivered yet. Don't not recommend this site. My advice don't join!!

daniellez8
3/13/17

You might think you're only paying for one month BECAUSE IT CLEARLY ASKS IF YOU WANT ONE, 3 OR 6, but they will still keep charging you!!! I unknowingly paid for 2 extra months, did not use their site once after the first month, but they refuse to give me a refund! Pretty sure if I wanted 3 months I WOULD HAVE CLICKED THE 3 MONTH OPTION. Absolute bastards, please, try ANY OTHER SERVICE!

jodyf10
3/11/17

I'll admit I am about average looking, so I wouldn't expect to be overwhelmed with views, but to have no views by real people is a bit odd, (you will get escorts masquerading as members here) because on other sites I get a healthy/ normal influx of views and interested people. I have a paid membership and it's just a waste of money and I am waiting to end the "service" just before the termination date - because - y' never know... also - ever try canceling one of these? lol...good luck! :)

jerryb99
3/9/17

After having to get my credit card company involved because Match charged
my credit card after I cancelled my account without my permission and knowledge
I am now terminated from the site. This is their brand of customer service. I call
on anyone who has faced this issue to contact their local state Attorney Generals
Office and file a consumer complaint. They take a dim view of such practices. Maybe
after they loose the right to do commerce in certain states they will wake up.

raza35
3/8/17

MATCH.COM IS A HAVEN & A HOTSPOT FOR SCAMMERS. Match.com will take your money, throw you into a shark tank of scammers & they will procrastinate on doing an investigation or questioning anyone who is suspicious. Stay away from MATCH.COM - it's not worth it.

lindac256
3/8/17

Unfortunately I have to give match a 1 because they don't have a lower score. Ladies beware ! I had a profile up for 3 weeks and in that time I was stalked by three creepy men and scammed by two others. Luckily I'm not that gullible but there are those that are under the misconception that this site is safe and secure WRONG!!. Then when I tried to get a refund because I was not going to put up with this anymore, I was denied, even though I was not any where near the deadline. Try and speak to a supervisor, Ha, not a chance. Poor business practice and they don't care about their clients!!

steved123
3/7/17

I don't understand why people give Match.com all these bad reviews. It worked well for me and I met a few nice ladies. It can be a hit and miss sometimes but my overall experience is good. At the end of the day you'll only find a handful good dating sites anyway: Match and Chemistry, Mingle2day, maybe eharmony. Period.

pauld211
3/7/17

Match.com should be closed down for bad business practice. They've always scammed their customers by taking an additional payment without making it clear but now they've made it harder to cancel the hidden direct debit. The sooner they close down the better as they've been taking advantage of their clients for far to long.

ritah31
3/7/17

I met someone on Match the first week. He was the only man I corresponded with. Within a matter of days he asked for money. He was reported immediately to Match. I called Match requesting my money back. The agent I spoke with said he saw no record of my complaint. However, I received an acknowledgment from Match. Then I was told they NEVER refund money. If that's why I was calling he would hang up because I could not speak with a supervisor. Remember that with Match it's all about the money and not about you or your safety.

johns1663
3/7/17

MATCH.COM GROSSLY AUTO-PRE-RECHARGES YOUR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD AND WILL NOT ISSUE A REFUND! I have called all week and they refuse to issue a refund. I had no intention on using the service a second month or being charged for it. I cancelled the service the day the charge hit my card and have not visited the site since. THEY REFUSE TO ISSUE A REFUND! That is UNFAIR, GROSS and NEAR NEGLIGENT!

ering17
3/3/17

I guess Match.com is unable to compete with the newer dating sites because they have now become a complete scam. I signed up for the trial, hated it. Nothing but unattractive people on there.Before the end of that month I cancelled my subscription per THEIR site guidelines, well they did not stop taking the $37.00 out of my account. I submitted ANOTHER request asking them to stop. Still wouldn't stop taking my money, from September until February I was STILL paying for this service. So I called my bank and had them block it. I lost my debit card and got a new one, it is now March, they are STILL taking my money. I called customer service and was told that once I got a new debit card that AUTOMATICALLY reinstated me for the subscription. They saw that I requested it to be cancelled 7 months ago, and REFUSED to give me ANY money back. They also somehow got ahold of my new debit card number and have just been helping themselves to my money. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!! Total SCAM!!

michaelm537
3/2/17

Buyer beware, Match is a scam. Signing-up involves auto renewal, which they say you can cancel, but not so. Your credit card will be charged regardless, and they refuse to refund. Your only way-out is to shut-down the credit card. DON"T BE FOOLED.

1,052 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

49 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question