US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sylvieb7
1/16/17

STAY AWAY from match.com. I should have read reviews before trying to sign up for a free trial. They asked for my credit card and it said I would be charged ONLY after free trial, but charges were debited within half an hour. I canceled within one hour and after 10 phone calls and mutliple emails, I had to give up and let these $#*!s keep my money. I have now resolved to spread the word far and wide. STAY away from this company.

stuartm63
1/16/17

DO NOT join Match. I finally did after a year of a free membership. They automatically renew your membership and then when you call to say you don't want it, they tell you its in the fine print for them to do it and they don't give refunds!!!! I went to my credit card company and disputed the charge. When I asked customer service to speak to a supervisor, I was told that they would give me the same answer. I told her that was ok, she said their was not a supervisor available. Such BS and a total rip off. They STEAL your money!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT JOIN!!!

eddards
1/12/17

I've been on and off Match for several months. I've had many dates, been chatting with many weirdos but also met some fantastic people. Match has a large member base (the largest?) and meeting new people is possible and very likely. In my opinion it is the best dating site I've used, right after Mingle2day.

barbaraj64
1/11/17

They offer you a guarantee if you don't find someone but then they say you don't meet the criteria and charge you a renewal fee. I changed my setting so my membership wouldn't auto-renew but they said I didn't and auto-renewed anyway, then they wouldn't refund my money. I've gone on lots of dates through OKCupid but only two out of a year and half with Match!

susanm269
1/9/17

THEY AUTO RENEW YOU EVEN WHEN YOU HAVE CANCELLED!!!! IT IS A TERRIBLE SITE AND IT DOES NOT WORK!!!! I cancelled and they still charged my card.....please do not use this site! The Customer Care is the worst I have ever experienced and they don't care what happens to you! They are fakes and frauds and I will now have to cancel my card so they cannot use it again! DON"T DO IT!!!

justinb121
1/6/17

Reading other reviews I notice a lot complaining about scammers, I never encountered this but what I did encounter was a slew of fake profiles with no pictures and similar if not identical profiles.

Before I subscribed it said that 11 people were interested. So I thought GREAT and subscribed to see, after the subscription it told me that 11 people viewed my profile and did nothing else to actually show interest...

The Daily Matches for me dried up in little over a week and even with the fairly large subscription fee most features were still locked behind even more pay walls.

Overall obviously just a money scam to prey on those of us trying to find someone.

stevef112
1/5/17

I've only been on for a few days but it's enough to suspect some foul play on the part of Match.com

First and mainly, I suspect they still use fake profiles. I get between 1-3 of these a day, a "wink" or "like" from a profile, when you go to view it, or interact in any way for that matter, it says you are unable to... Because they're set to private? I can see the photo of the "user" so it's ether bad design OR.... These are the fake profiles that they only want to have one way interaction (it gives you the allusion of potential interest)

When you first goto the site and it shows potential matches (before creating an account or entering data)... they were all at 90% or more for the match percentage.... How would you know that? You have ZERO data to suggest that. So I'm going to say they have BS algorithms, again for the illusion.

I'm a guy and lets be honest, all dating sites suck, for both parties. I can't imagine what it's like for women. I was hoping it would be better then OKstupid but, at least their matching algorithms APPEAR to work or mean something.

melanieb68
1/5/17

Loads of fake profiles of people asking you for money.

Racist and rude people on here. Customer service does nothing about. Would not refund me my money when I asked for the harassment I was getting.

Also their daily matches are opposite of what your specifications are.
WARNING TO WOMEN: most men on here that contacted me were in their 40's or older. I am 28 and my age specification was 28-35 but they ignored it. What is most DISTURBING is that I look like I am barely 18. I am disgusted with this site, it's members, fake members, rude men that expect you to go out with them because they just said HI.

MEN ON HERE ARE full of themselves, thinking they deserve whatever they want. They are RUDE and they all want young women who have money, fit body and easy going, love to travel. FYI: I am slender, young, successful but disgusted with the men on here who want perfection and expect to give nothing in return for it.

NOT FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR A LONG-TERM COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP. I find most men on here want sex and companionship, forget marriage or kids, this site IS WORSE THAN PLENTY OF FISH.

RACIST site, discriminates against non-caucasians. Numerous times I have been called exotic. EXOTIC is what you call an ANIMAL FROM THE JUNGLE. Not someone born and raised in the same country as you who only speaks english.

Customer service does a poor job when people report each other. I've been threatened my profile would be taken down for responding to mens rude comments by kindly asking them not to contact me when THEY were the ones harassing ME.

Tip for consumers: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. SCAMS AND FAKE PROFILES

carolh132
1/4/17

I filed complaints with FTC and Consumer Affairs will be contacting Attorney Generals office next. I wish I had looked at reviews beforehand, but i had some friends who said they met on match.com and at first glance I thought they had improved. Wrong, things only gotten way way worse. I fell for their marketing tricks and ended up signing up for a year at $217! would be cheap if it was an honest site. But it's not. in less than 48 hours I had been contacted by around 15 guys that proved to be scammers. there were more i didn't investigate. I'm not talking about the cheap or cheesy dudes looking only for a hookup or any other true person on there no matter how scummy they may seam. but by scammers i mean The one's that have stolen other peoples photos and make a fake profile only to engage you for however long it takes hours, days, weeks, whatever it takes to extract money from you. I know better than to send someone money, but they have gotten so good at their game that it takes either a lot of time and work to figure it out or you have to assume it upfront and be rude to potential real people. These guys have multiple photos and well filled out profiles. All it takes for them is one sucker and they can extract a lot of money from them. I fell for one on another site but when red flags kept coming up i pressed and he tried to ask for $2600! you say, so report them. I did, every one of them, went out of way to do so even. then Finally figure out how to call somebody at match.com and they are rude and say No refunds whatsoever, i kept asking to talk with a supervisor and they would fight with me and put me hold - spent 4 hours on the phone a couple of calls. and they just said no one else will take your call we won't transfer you. I was asking for a refund and even offered that they could charge me a month service since i just signed up less then 48 hours ago and had all these bad men contacting me. They knew about these profiles and didn't care and simply said they had good results. I have a feeling that they are making lots of money on the fake profiles and so they will not stop them. since they have the no refunds and simply refuse everyone any service then they have no incentive to make it a good site. This is truly a major scam that the government needs to take control of. i have talked with women who have paid money to these terrible people. Letting this happen on what people think is a reputable site is the most heinous crime and a major reason why i have filed the complaints with the government. Class action lawsuit and government intervention totally needed here and being sought.How to spot the scammers - some big red flags (as disgusting as they are): Widowed - their wife died of cancer - they talk a lot about their feelings - they are everything a woman would want to hear from a man - when you communicate with them they get overly attached quickly and they say things out of sync with american lingo. "I will love to know you" or weird grammatical errors. they send you offline to some other app. they use any free devices for communicating - their area code doesn't match up to their location listed. differences in profile on major items. i questioned one very simply on first text and he said "LIKE I TOLD YOU, I Have many houses" no, he hadn't told me anything yet. these guys are under a lot of pressure i guess and they get pissed off when discovered and questioned. but if you act like you might believe they become very sweet. They also ask many questions of you - but give very few and very vague answers. I asked one to tell me about his town. After i had let him know i had lived in the city nearest him before. he told me to look it up and i could see for myself. They play all the psych mind games as well just to throw you off and make you second guess what your mind really is seeing. Finally i wouldn't contact people out of your city. Most guys don't seek out a long distance relationship and everyone of the scammers we're from out of town, which most of them went against my settings. being out of your city is the only way they can really scam you anyway. They have to get you send money somewhere and remember the pictures they use are not of them. anyway, hope this has saved someone some money, time and heart ache. oh by the way, they didn't refund my money but they did stopped my profile from being seen. they have total control over who is seen and who is not. so i will pay $217 for a year of nothing at all. again government needs to step in here for something the consumer is helpless to anything about.

Tip for consumers: read my tips at the end of review for How to spot the scammers - some big red flags

tedg23
1/4/17

They discriminate against Boomers~! They dont like older Boomers. They only want the younger demographic account the little piss ant nobodies that work there are
conceited brats playing games instead of working.

jacielk
1/3/17

Match.com is running a scam. They hide the cancellation option so that you can't find it on an iphone or ipad, and will not refund your money. They just read you the cancellation policy, which they keep repeating. I waited on hold for 25 minutes (because they had a heavy call load -- go figure!). Margarite B. and John were both difficult to deal with and refused to refund more than $18.

erico26
1/2/17

Im seeing quite a few people in my area on my search results but generally the reviews here and on other review sites seem to be saying wejustfit.com is the best dating site for singletons like me so I think ill test that before taking the plunge and paying on match. Always try before you buy, that's what I say :-p

victorj23
1/2/17

They autorenewed me despite the fact that I canceled the same day. They refused to refund my money because "it's their policy." Totally unresponsive and condescending customer service.AVOID!

tricias22
1/2/17

Absolutely horrible customer service!!! I was auto renewed without any notification!! I have disputed the over $50 charge for one more month!!! No desire to have another month. I will be sure to tell any one of my single friends to Steer Cleat of this horrible company with deplorable (at best) customer service!!!!!

chrisk153
1/2/17

You pay for a membership and send some emails out to those who you may expect a reply but you don't why? They keep non-paying members as active but they can not reply back to you. There is no way of knowing this before you send a message. They won't give a refund either. Plus you get the same matches everyday. Useless.

bobt94
12/31/16

auto renewed even thought i never sighned up for it and stole 130$ they will not give you a refund or even hold to there match guarantee of six free months reading the other reveiws i can see im not the only guy screwed by these con artitsts

jackies72
12/30/16

Was on match for 6 months. Went on a lot of horrible dates and honestly for a while I felt like I was going to be single forever. Right before the end of my 6 months I ended up meeting my boyfriend that I have now been with for 3 years. I couldn't have found a better match. He's a farmboy and I live in the city, plus we live in different states so we probably would have never crossed paths in our lives of it weren't for match. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS!!!!!! There was a guy that attempted to scam me and I reported him to match and emailed them twice and I got no response at all. I have a few friends that have tried Match and hated it so I'm not going to say it works for everybody. However, I would recommend this site

ad6980
12/30/16

They renewed my subscription 3 times without my permission costing me $150. Each time refusing to refund me and you never get pasted a low level customer service person who tells you the policy is no refunds

madeh
12/28/16

Hello,
I would tell you, just make sure to read comments and reviews about the website and app online MATCH.COM, you will be disappointed and surprised that this type of scheme still exists!!!
I thought I'd try Match.com. I joined while I was searching and trying my chance to meet my dates. I accepted 3 months offer only. at $19.99/mo. - after giving them my credit card info. I deleted the account and I was still charged $285.31-MATCH.COM customer service is trained to support this SCAM, they are difficult to contact, hanging up the phone on you, after putting on hold, then they would just no response. Finally, after spending hours calling back and explaining how was I scammed by MATCH.COM, they apologize for the inconvenience and decided to "compensate" $26.00 !!!! yes, twenty-six dollars out of the two hundred eighty-five and thirty-one cents stolen from my bank account! - they should be investigated.
If you know of any ongoing lawsuit against this website, please let me your witness as for many other reviews and comments, people were, are and will be scammed by MATCH.COM.
Thanks.

aaronl58
12/23/16

A big majority of the users are fake. You would think they would have some type of filter to prevent this from happening. They charged me even though I have a 72 hour free. I tried to cancel it after 24 hours and they still charged my card.

aksanak
12/21/16

I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN MATCH.COM, AND IT MIGHT BE JUST ME, BECAUSE I DIDN'T REALLY SPENT MUCH TIME THERE. BUT WHAT HAPPENED NEXT WAS THE WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. FIRST OF ALL, WHEN YOU SIGN UP, THEY NEVER SHOW YOU THAT YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL BE RENEWED AUTOMATICALLY, SO YOU WILL GET AN UNEXPECTED CHARGE. AFTER DELETING THE ACCOUNT, I ASKED FOR THE FULL REFUND, AS I DIDN'T USE THE APP AND I NO LONGER WISH TO CONTINUE USING IT, I WAS TOLD BECAUSE I'M CALLING THE NEXT DAY AFTER I WAS CHARGED, IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT I DIDN'T USE IT, OR I DIDN'T SIGH ANYWHERE THAT I WISH FOR RENEWAL, I WILL STILL NOT ABLE TO GET THE FULL REFUND. AFTER COUPLE CALLS AND COUPLE CONVERSATIONS I COULDN'T GET ANYWHERE WITH IT. SO AT LEAST I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET A PARTIAL REFUND. BUT GUESS WHAT, A MONTH LATER I WAS STILL WAITING FOR THE REFUND, AT LEAST PARTIAL. AFTER CONTACTING THEM AGAIN, THEY TOLD ME I REFUSED THE PARTIAL REFUND... WHICH DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE... I WILL CONTINUE FIGHTING WITH THEM, I WILL ALSO CALL MY BANK TO MAKE SURE THEY SUPPORT ME ON THIS MATTER. BUT.. WHAT I WOULD TELL YOU, JUST MAKE SURE TO READ COMMENTS AND REVIEWS ABOUT THE WEB SITE AND APP ONLINE, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND SURPRISED THAT THIS TYPE OF SCHEME STILL EXISTS!!!

claytonr10
12/20/16

But with the same questionable flow of things. You gotta pay to use it... you can't have a profile picture with sunglasses. If you wanna talk to anyone on there, you won't unless you pay them $$. Like most of the internet, there are also fake profiles on there... a significant amount of fake profiles. They are galore. They will eat you up & spit you out.
And like I said with zoosk... most of the people you will meet there will have some sort of emotional baggage that will rear it's ugly head somewhere down the road. Just stay away from that site.
Most people are flocking to Tinder lately, anyways.
One can argue, "Just go out & find your soulmate in person. They ain't gonna come knocking at your door. Ditch the couch for a little while & go make some friends." Well if you're an INFJ like me, then you should know this isn't always an easy task. But you can break these barriers & overcome your shyness. It's very hard to do, but it's very possible if you practice it enough. Just look for ways to believe in yourself. Look for things to love about yourself. If you can't do it, ask someone else (who you trust). If you trust no one, then being on an online dating website is the last thing you should be doing... because it's fishier than a McDonald's fillet-o-fish.

priscillan1
12/20/16

I called in an cancelled my subscription because I couldn't remember my password to cancel it online and was stil charged an auto renew for six months. When I called to correct this, they were extremely rude and would not remove the charge. This site is extremely hard to get out of being charged for. Do not sign up!

joep202
12/19/16

I selected the no automatic renewal button but was changed a full price and renewed for a year. I sent two emails to customer service but never heard from them. So I contacted my credit card company who refunded my amount. Why do these sites make things so difficult?

paulh241
12/18/16

This BS site allows MARRIED women to post as single WHEN THEYRE NOT!!!

1,052 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

49 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question