Review of Match.com

pr@match.com
2017 Customer choice award

peterp172
11/15/17

I used to use this site down south and it was much better. I dont know if its not as effective for me for setting up dates because its generally worse overall or because I moved to Glasgow. I've started using wejustfit after I read an article about a couple that met on that site and its a case of so far, so good. Even if it doesn't end up my long term choice, it proves that theres no point in being loyal to match forever and thinking that nothing is better just because they spend lots on advertising. It always pays to stay on the ball. You wouldnt keep paying for your broadband service if it wasn't working for weeks at a time now would you?

tatyanas8
11/14/17

The matct.com customer support is terrible. After two emails, they sent the letter that they are not going respond to the request anymore. The problem was not solved. Also, the website has a huge amount of bugs, can be hacked easily. Very disappointed with match.com service.

sandhyas2
11/11/17

My husband is Danceguitar, Texas irwing. 41
Do not trust this man. I married him in November 1st 2013
All docs available
I am his third wife

michaeld346
11/10/17

I signed up for Match.com with their 6 month guarantee. After 6 months they kept charging my credit card. After calling them multiple times, they told me that I should have gone under my account settings & adjusted their default settings within a certain timeframe even though my status stated Guarantee. JUST CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO REMOVE THE CHARGES, THEN TRY THE BUMBLE DATING SITE BECAUSE IT IS JUST AS GOOD IN MY OPINION, & IT IS FREE.

lisar272
11/9/17

Loved Match until they outsourced customer service to India! It's the biggest mistake too many US companies are making.

kathleenn23
11/9/17

I'm concerned MATCH has the ability to hack more money from my account! What can I do for recourse? BTW they are unresponsive in replying!

nikkie30
11/9/17

I was looking for a dating site that wasn't surrounded with "hooking up", or the repetitive annoying dating scene, but something meaningful and classy more upscale. Being a single mother of 2 I decided to give this a try, it was a free offer why not. But with the free offer if I did not cancel within 7 days I understood my card would be billed and rebilled for continuation of services. After I entered my card I was redirected to another page through match.com and it asked if I was sure, I was still second guessing but the page refreshed and I was a member,I didn't mind it was a free trial as of 07/29/17. I read and understood that my card was NOT TO BE CHARGED UNTIL AFTER 7 DAYS OF A FREE TRIAL. This was not the case the very next day 7/30/17 the charge went thru. I noticed this on 7/31/17 and emailed to contact the company stating there must be an issue I was billed. Well when someone finally got back to me I responded promptly that I would like to cancel and get my money back.
This was an on going email reply with the company until someone was like give us a call. I work 2 jobs and email was my only chance of contact, but I called on my only day off and the person was like you used this service we cannot refund you. I was like well I only used the service within the trial period, so you are telling me that you offer a trial period but if I say yes and use the service I am automatically billed? He stated yes. So I was instructed to contact my bank to see what they could do about these fraudulent charges and they opened a case. I did. But then I was told I needed to deactivate the account which I asked for not once but twice via email with the company. Well now 3 months later I am being told that I cannot find out anything from match.com until December 24th 2017!!! 5 MONTHS AFTER I ASKED FOR THIS NIGHTMARE TO BE OVER! I am furious that this company's customer service is unhelpful. There is no supervisors to talk to and I don't think my concerns reached the proper authority to handle the situation and if it did I feel sorry for the numerous other singles that have been taken advantage and mislead the way I have. Math.com is not what it says to be, I would highly recommend Tinder or Plenty of Fish over this scam of a business. The only thing I requested was to cancel services and receive my hard earned money ($59.70) back to use towards a legitimate company who doesn't prey on singles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKI93jsaPhU

johnm1213
11/8/17

Tried many dating sites and apps and it takes a lot to beat match, mingle2day and cupid. Those sites ain't perfect but they work. Wasted too much time on other sites and apps and trust me, it ain't worth it. Two of my last relationships were found on online dating sites, and met my last girlfriend on match. Don't get why everone else not happy with it.

alanc110
11/7/17

If you use this, you feel it's great to screw the blind

My friend is blind & can't walk. He was not able to make it talk

They refused to refund his money.

Tip for consumers: If you use this, you think it's great to screw the blind

bereczs
11/5/17

Not only does this app have the highest number of creeps Ive ever seen, but this site gets you for your money.
Every single filter I tried to use never worked. Im still getting men with the opposite of what I want. The number of real profiles would be easier to count than the fake ones.
I was ever harassed multiple times about my political stances from members who recognized me on Facebook.
I paid for a 6 month subscription, and after three months, I was blocked. Mind you, I hadnt been on in weeks. When I reached out to customer care, to see what the problem was, I got told that I had violated terms. Which is hard to do when youre not on the site for weeks. $67 down the drain.
Then when I reached out to customer care, all I got as a response was a link to the terms and violations and, this is the final email on this subject.
Not to mention the extreme amount of glitches you report and they never get fixed. My account was hacked, and no one will help me or refund my money. Customer care cant even get into your account once theyve blocked it. So how do you expect to investigate a problem when you delete everything?
Crap-tastic dating site. Dont do it.

virginiam53
11/3/17

I signed up for match for 3 months. I cancelled it online. At least I thought I did. Then just today I looked at my bank acct and there was a charge for $139. I called match right away. They told me I never cancelled it and they could only refund half of my money.. At this point I was very upset. I know they can refund for the full amount but they just choose not to. Match is a freakin scam..

laurag163
10/30/17

They automatically make your account auto-renewal and won't refund you for a continued membership you don't want.

patrockd
10/27/17

I signed up and started to browse profiles and almost ALL of the ladies are not even in the USA. They all have the same excuse. They are from Florida, or Texas or California but are currently out of the states. Then they give you their number and tell you text only as their connection is bad for phone conversation. The ones that do call sound like tribal elders and not even ladies. Lets not forget the numerous ladies profiles that have ,TEXT ME, and they give you a number on their profile picture. Match.com is a scam site... dont spend your money on it. Hell, go out to a club.. at least you might find a real live woman. Not some fake trying to scam you over the internet

mm337
10/27/17

I signed up for 1 month which i thought was only one month.. Just found the charges called and received the same response from 3 reps. No refund and if there is nothing else i will end the call.. U want a supervisor. No im sorry. Wtf kind of service is this... I want a refund now or partial

madc16
10/26/17

After being on Match.com for three months, I already noticed the pattern of people having similar or same occupations and talking the same way, sometime exactly the same sentences, word for word. I realized it cannot be a coincidence over and over again. These people are not real. My conclusion is that Match.com probably hires a lot of people to just chat with clients to keep them entertained, using the same scripts. Such a terrible scam! I called and tried to cancel my subscription as soon as I realized this. But I was told "You do not qualify for the refund policy." Oh, no one would qualify for the refund policy cuz it probably does not exist. But I was told that the automatic renewal would be turned off so I won't get charged again. Well, a year later I got charged again and three months later another charge. So I contacted the company again to get a refund, since I was promised that no auto renewal would happen, but oh of course, "You do not qualify for the refund policy." So the company just holds my credit card and continues to charge whatever they want. What a terrible scam and outrageous ripoff! This company needs to be investigated. I paid for the lesson. Hope you're warned and will not repeat my sad story.

jamesb601
10/24/17

I was chating with a fake account. They were not a real person, and they didnt want to refund me. It was a rip off.

noellet4
10/24/17

I thought I as paying for a $23 a month auto renewal subscription for one year. YES, I made a mistake and should of read the details of the plan. They charged me $431 plus tax which came out to a total of $580 for a one year subscription. After I had realized how mush was deducted from my account ( 10 minutes after the transaction took place ) I cancelled my subscription. I called Match.com and they refused to refund me the money. I cancelled my credit card. $580 GONE. Seriously, I doubt match.com would even be worth $580 for one year subscription, unless it is one prestigious dating site. I am beyond upset, and I feel like an idiot for allowing myself to be robbed by these scammers.

selahg
10/23/17

Everything cost money you cannot get features without paying extra and canceling your subscription is extremely difficult. It will automatically renew your subscription even if you cancel it and getting your money back will never happen you can give them a confirmation code a date a time a picture of when you cancelled it and they still will not refund you the only way that you can stop the further charges is to cancel your credit card that you use to sign up for match.com

johnb983
10/22/17

i am a member of this site,but i wont be renewing as i have found it to be poor,first of all you feel like a robot going through the same thing every time and when you find what you want you wink ,then it gets boring cos you keep winking to different people and nothing ever happens even when you send text .not an easy site to navigate around as you cant find a complaints department to do that,they dont seem to have one

jamesb599
10/19/17

My biggest complaint would be the impersonal nature of Match. It is much simpler to just walk up to someone and introduce yourself. The power shift definitely favors women in that I've found most of them are chicken $#*!s and would freeze the moment a face to face conversation occurs. Also, there is lots of catfishing by active users.

joshf48
10/18/17

GOTTA LOTTA LUV 4 MATCHES SERVISE BUT GOTTA AGREE WIT A LOT OF PEEPS ON HERE. U GOTTA TRY NEW SITES SUMTIMES. MY LST 2 DATES HAV BEEN THANX 2 WEJUSTFIT.COM SO THAT PROOVES U NEED 2 B OPEN 2 NEW DATING SITES Y'ALL. PEACE OUT X

lisam497
10/17/17

I signed up for a 3-month Match subscription in January of 2017. After about a month and a half, I found the matches were poor so I cancelled and I distinctly remember checking off do not auto-renew. In late July of 2017, I looked on my credit card statement and I found that I was charged from Match. I had a family crisis (my dad died) and could not deal with them at that time. In October I received another charge of $123 on my credit card from Match so I called them and I was told that I was still signed up and I that I had an active profile. I am furious about this as I had followed the proper procedure (I had been on Match before). The Match telephone agent that I talked to said that he "deactivated" my account and reduced my bill by $44. Stay away from Match. These people are sneaky thieves.

terir18
10/13/17

This site is very dishonest. High percentage of scammer ( Russian or Nigerian ) profiles, plus a very high number of faked accounts that I assume are created by a match.com bot. The same 3 line profile is repeated over and over and over with different phitos. Stay clear and don't waste your money

kherad
10/12/17

Every single time I've purchased a match membership (3X) my account is hacked and I have to spend a lot of time straightening it out. NOT worth it!

Save your money. OK Cupid or POF are better!

kalaic
10/11/17

I had qualified for the "Guarantee" but they charged me anyway for the new subscription. Aside from the service being absolutely $#*! I was erroneously charged. When I called for a refund they told me several times that even with the exchange (I'm Cdn) I would get the FULL amount back. Of course I didn't. When I called to request the full amount since I never should have been charged in the first place, they told me it was my fault that I didn't turn off the auto-charge and that there's nothing they could do and that no one I spoke to could change that. THEY made the mistake not to monitor their accounts to see who qualifies for free service, THEY charged me when they shouldn't have, and THEY refuse to give me the full amount back. So now I'm out money for a mistake they made and Match can't even stand by their product. If you offer this service outside of the States, such a large company like Match should plan for these international charges situations.
Also, the actual matches are terrible, I've been verbally harassed my several "matches" and no one seems to take it seriously. Match.com is a terrible company and has a pathetic and laughable business ethic.

1,052 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Absolutely NOT. This is a site that has only one purpose and that is to scam you out of your money. Not only are there scammers as stated by Diane H. and Sally C. this site is completely dishonest about how it works and what you can expect from it. I'll share this one example to illustrate. When you join with a credit card, they will inform you that you now have full access to their site and features. You can now send mail to the men and start meeting them. However, there is a catch that they do NOT mention on the sign up page. The catch is that you can send all the letters you want to the men, BUT, unless the men are also fully paid members, none of them are allowed to read your mail and reply to you. What is the point of paying to use the service when the other side must also have a fully paid membership? If you have paid your membership fee then by all standards you are now entitled to not only write to the men but to expect them to reply back to you. Not on match. There is an extra fee that you must pay so that non members can receive, read and reply to your mail. This is a SCAM on every level. Please save your money and avoid this site at all costs. I'm speaking from first hand experience. Read the testimonies on this site and understand that they are all 100% correct and accurate.

By josh l.

Back in the 1980s, strip clubs were pulling all sorts of over charge and fake charge scams and forcing people tp pay. Here in Atlanta a majpr federal case against the GOLD CLUB brought all that to light and alot of changes were made in the industry..... I BRING THAT UP BECAUSE....these social sites seem to be attempting the same types of scams and are getting away with it. By U.S. fedeal standars ALL THESE SITES FALL UNDER THE RACKETEERING STATUTE. Unfortunately there is NO enforcement of these laws at this time. Your best option is to dispute the entire charge with your credit card. They may not want to do this because they are seeing so much of it. BE FIRM AND INSIST IT IS A MATTER OF CREDIT FRAUD. Also be sure to indicate that you are filling a consumer notice with the Federal Trade Commision (they have online forms for this to keep a numbers count on how many people are affected by these sorts of things. www.FTC.org). If you have been a good card holder, you shouldnt have any issues except for 1: ALL THESE SITES ARE NOTORIOUS FOR REBILLING/DRAFTING YOUR CREDIT ACCOUNT. You may want to file a COMPROMISED CREDIT CARD CLAIM AT THE TIME OF THE DISPUTE and have your card issuer SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT CARD WITH A NEW CARD NUMBER.

By kevin t.

You will have a hard time getting your money back Terri. The first time I was with them years ago, I forgot the auto renewal and tried to get my money back and they fought me tooth and nail. This time I tried both Ourtime and Match and both experiences were not good though Ourtime was a bit better. I agree with some of the answers here that Match baits you toward the end of your subscription with possible contacts, but since I cannot proof that I have to add that disclaimer. Everything you have run into with your experience I have had with mine.

By mark k.

If you were charged in one lump sum, you can't. If they are auto billing you every month, shut it off. If they took one lump sum, the best you can do is file a formal complaint with the BBB and any federal fraud protection agency you can dig up. Why would they refund you? They don't give a $#*!. To even get a response, you will have to have a local attorney draft a letter threatening to bring civil action (that will cost more than the year they billed you for). If you wanted to make a point, hire the attorney to file the civil suit. The suit would have to be for considerably more than they extorted. To win that is next to impossible because the court will require you justify the additional damages for which you are suing, They will, by law, have to respond. At which point they will issue a refund (a couple hundred dollars), the court will consider it satisfied, and the attorney will bill you a couple of grand for their effort. Point is, you're screwed! These internet companies know that the expense you would incur trying to fight them (especially across state lines) far, far exceeds what they ripped from you. It's essentially legal theft. Sorry about your luck...You got had! I've been there in other areas myself.

By tom j.

Hi Stephen, First of all, I am really sorry you are still dealing with Match.com and their unethical ways. I am still receiving emails for Match too, even though I have canceled my account many months ago. I scam every email they send me, but they send new emails form alternate email addresses. Perhaps you will have better luck then me, if call them. I am seriously thinking of contacting Better Business Bureau to see if that helps. I know that it looks bad for a business to have complaints on them on BBB, so if you mentioned that to Match when you call them (that is if you get to reach them), they might stop pestering you. So the only advice I can think of is, contact BBB, and state your concern and complaint to them. Good luck!

By Tone J.

Cancel the card you used when you joined.

By Paisley-girl n.

The first thing you need to understand (if you haven't already discovered it on match) is that none of your letters will be read unless the recipient is a FULLY PAID member. Even though you have paid to be a member you are still not able to contact the other person. There is a option available to you but it's pretty much extortion on the part of Match. You can pay an additional monthly fee where all of your mail is delivered and they can read and reply back to you. Apart from that I can't really give you any other answers other than don't renew with this site.

By josh l.

I feel the same way Teresa, i have been on the site for 1 year now and cancelled my subscription, but was told it won't officially cancel until May because i waited to late after my initial sign up day, so i got stuck with another year. I am a handsome guy with a lot to offer, but for some reason never really got emails as i expected, i started to think the people profiles were fake or the women i was interested in didn't know a good man if his profiled slapped them in the face, just sayN. 41, recently divorced for little over a year, highly educated, working in my profession, make close to six figures, single, don't cheat, great personality, smart, don't play, and real down to earth.....but i guess no one believed it or didn't like my handsome picks...IDK. confused!

By jacie r.

It is because there are not any real people on match.com. Most of the profiles are fakes, or they are people who may have once been on the site and now their profiles are used as bait to get you to sign up and pay, thinking there are actual matches that could be made. Also a lot of the profiles are people who have not actually signed up and paid so they could not even get back to you if they wanted (unless they too pay for the privilege of sending an email reply). Do not sign up! This is an unethical site that does a bait and switch to get money out of you and others and does not delivery on any promises. Most of the profiles are cons trying to get something from you. This site should be shut down!

By firstname l.
Questions? Get answers from the Match.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Match.com