US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

randyp25
2/25/17

I have been on Match.com several times and have been disappointed both times. This dating site, purportedly the largest of it's kind, is not inexpensive and does not allow someone to purchase a monthly membership--only three months or more. Yes, I am quite picky about my dating choices but many of the women on here are equally or more so, particularly in the matter of "financial security." I frequently saw many women's ads that requested men to have incomes of 150k plus! I never actually dated any women on Match because I encountered same old problem--not interested in women who sent me winks and never heard back from women that I was interested in. But my BIGGEST beef with the site and one that makes me suspect that Match is almost a scam was this--while a member I would go for long periods of no activity whatsoever. The moment my membership expired I was bombarded with winks and supposed messages from women. This really ticked me off to the point where I unsubscribed Match and will not have anything to do with them again!!

renzal
2/24/17

Tried it for a few months in 2016 and cancelled. In 2017, after four month, suddently they renewed my account without me knowing and charged my credit card without me knowing. Requested refund through customer service but never received it. Scammers! Beware. The site itself is useless. Seems they try to create artificial activity.

louisej32
2/24/17

Be aware that Match.Com will take subscriptions even if you cancel. I joined Match Affinity for £9.99 I cancelled about a week after. I have been charged £44.95 for Match Com which I did not subscribe to. Customer service useless.
Please be aware of this. I have heard of other cases too... Use another Dating Site.....
They are ROBBERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

valerieb54
2/23/17

The matches at least in my age group and area are awful. 45 to 63, Portland, OR. Unintelligent, no class, and men who don't take care of themselves or hide the fact they're bald with hats. Really? Do you think we don't know why you're always wearing a hat?! At least 3 emails sent to me were scams. I complained because I checked online and verified this and no one ever responded back to me from Match!

shihw
2/22/17

I tried match.com on 2015 for 3 months and canceled it. I canceled the email account I used for it. Now after more than a year later I realized that they are still charging me. I called the customer service and tell them that I have not even log on the their sit after the 3 month. No, they won't check. They won't give me the manager's name, number or any contect information. Most arrogant and enraging. Don't have to say that I didn't get a date during that 3 months. Rotten business.

tomb261
2/22/17

I had a free profile on Match for months and decided to try a paid subscription. Within days my profile was hacked and my profile was changed, moved from man seeking women to woman seeking women and a strange woman's picture was put up. I moved the profile to hidden and tried to change my password but couldn't. I e-mailed Match to try to get this resolved and they terminated my account. When I asked why they simply said that I would need a court order to find out, or tough we're not telling you. They claimed that I would get a full refund but I will believe that when I see it. They clearly don't care at all about paying customers unless they are stealing their money.

docj6
2/20/17

Worse potential dating site ever. Scammers everywhere. I put out an amazing profile with 26 pictures. I am a successful, fun, honest guy. I get all kinds of emails and interests that are just drama and games. I am so done with Match

joeb283
2/15/17

Don't be fooled. I signed up for a one month membership knowing that for twice the price I could have 6 months because I only wanted a one month trial. What they don't tell you is that ALL memberships automatically renew. There is no box to check an no recurrent billing statement just their policy. Guess what, they won't refund your payment! Don't let them scam you!!!

andrewd84
2/15/17

Just when you think youve had enough you finally get a date. Thats my experience on match. I keep saying im going to quit and try one of the more fashionable new sites (wejustfit gets a lot of good reviews for example) but then I get another date and im all giddy again for a week. Still when I count up what ive spend and the number of good dates ive been on it doesnt make for great reading put it that way. To summarise: worth a try but dont limit yourself theres more to online dating than match (even if I dont take my own advice lol)!

teresan15
2/13/17

They have an F rating with the BBB and other legitment complaint sites.
A lot of fake profiles and they rip you off!
Be warned!

janettas
2/13/17

This "paid for" site is full of scammers! Be careful because customer service doesn't care what happens to you as long as you are paid up. I called customer service requesting a refund because I couldn't deal with the scammers and "Kenneth" said our conversation was going no where and he was about to hang up. I have 5 months of 6 left and no chance of a refund. Please stay away form this dating site!!!!!!

tracyr47
2/10/17

i was on match years ago and it was good then it was about 9 years ago i found a very sweet loving guy not far form me but in the end he was afriad to commit and ever since every site i try seems to be filled with scammers and fake profiles even match had a few back then and i see that is what most say now or paying too much

laurelp5
2/10/17

I cancelled my account two days before it expired and was still charged for an additional 3 months. Called Match and they told me I didn't do the cancellation correctly and they wouldn't refund my money. I checked the cancellation prompts on the Match.com website and there was nothing I could have done differently. They scam you on your billing so beware. To see many other people complaining says a lot about this company.

charliek36
2/10/17

I don't think I've ever written a review of a product or service until now, and not for good reasons. Match is the biggest scam I can think of and it's shameful that it is raking in so much revenue. They hook you on sneaky terms and refuse to refund for things like unannounced auto-renewals. In my case, I had met someone and there was no activity on my account for half a year. Upon seeing a charge on my bank statement, I called the same day to refund the charge. But they wouldn't do it. After vehemently challenging this nonsense, the customer rep reluctantly mentioned that I was eligible for a $7 refund. This business does everything to take your money and does nothing to serve its customers. Oh, and the profiles on Match suck, too.

michaelw313
2/9/17

I've used Match before with no problems. However, this time I got stuck paying for a 6 month membership that should have been free. I followed the requirements for each month and accepted free 6 month renewal. Unfortunately, I did not check my credit card statement until months later to find they charged me full price for the renewal. I called several times and was given different answers why. First, they said you need to call or email the site to say you want the extention which is garbage. 1) It had never been that way before 2) It does not say that in the FAQ 3) You need to do a thorough search of the internet to even find a contact number, match.com's site only has an email option. So after giving me the run around with that, I was told I needed to choose the premium plan and not basic. I told the representative I was looking right at the requirements on the page and both plans contained the guarantee. The final excuse was it was longer than 30 days since my charge so they could not review if I was eligible for the 6 month free guarantee(although they had no problems automatically charging me for it).
Basically Match will give you excuses not to give your money back and when you prove they are wrong and make you wait on the phone for 20 minutes each time you point out they are(probably receiving a new story to tell you from a superior), they will come up with a flimsy excuse like it's your responsibility to check your credit card charges to see if THEY charged you incorrectly. Like you should be doing their job for them.
There is a reason every Match review page you find online is negative, and this is just one of them.

Tip for consumers: Actual service while using my membership was fine. Searches, email, no problems. Their policies and guarantees however are very shady to the point of being made up on the spot.

lynnl44
Lynn L.
2/8/17

I used this site for online dating.
Men were married and was a waste of time.

After a long terrible experience with match I went to a professional matchmaking service and the team found me someone special.

stm2
2/8/17

I have been on match.com for a couple years with no dates or promising leads and I decided to cancel my subscription. Match.com ignores these cancellations and keeps charging my PayPal account monthly. I can hardly believe that this is a isolated phenomena but rather a routine procedure with them. So be careful when you give them your payment information. They are hard to get rid of.

danielc184
2/7/17

I want my money back because you all I want that that I put somebody's profile you I want more money I want my money back or I'll call the FCC in the federal government

sandraa75
2/6/17

I joined Match.com and Plenty of Fish (POF.com) on the same day. I used the same photos and bio on both sites. I initially used the free version of both sites but had to upgrade on Match.com to see emails (which were free on POF). In the past three months I averaged five responses on POF to every one response on Match. That's right, a 5 to 1 difference!!! I decided to cancel Match and followed their instructions until the process was completed on their website. However I did not receive an email confirming this but then I wasn't really looking for one not knowing I had to have it. They auto renewed me and when I called regarding this charge the next business day, they refused to refund me my full amount. Instead they said they would give me a "one time courtesy" refund of 30%. This is a total rip-off for a site that charges for what other sites provide for free. Here's something to think about, they pay millions of dollars for all their slick media ads and they are still losing out to other online dating sites. There's a really good reason for this, bad value for the money and extremely poor customer service.

stevew211
2/6/17

I seriously don't understand why people give Match.com all these negative reviews. It worked pretty good for me and I met few nice girls. Yeah, it can be a hit and miss sometimes but my overall experience is pretty good. If you try online dating use sites like Match.com (or Mingle2day and eHarmony).

daveb163
2/6/17

They do not give you any reminder that they will auto renew you.

They renew you usually twice the price you pay if not more.

They make it SO HARD to find a cancel switch, its like finding a needle in a haystack.

Time to move on to the free dating web sites which people like better. This business model is old based on taking advantage of people.

BOO

chaddj
2/5/17

I joined match on a 3 month deal..After 12 hours locked my account..Called support put on hold over 30mi min. Support comes on will not tell me why.my account is locked.told have to respond buy email and will take another 48 hours.48 hours later get a email saying my account is suspended and I will not get a refund..Paid 74.99 for 12 hours..There was around 10 girls in my area..Got one response..She told me she gets 10-15000 resonces a month.. Avoid this site

bobd123
2/5/17

Match has been well hyped but im pleased to say it hits the high notes. I'm not sure if it's quite as good as wejustfit.com (my old faithful site) but so far it's been very impressive I must say and without doubt far exceeds the other options on the online dating market. Easily 7/ 10.

jennifers327
2/1/17

ZERO they will keep billing after you cancel and are very rude. Do not use match they will steal your money.

richardm230
1/31/17

Did not refund any of my money after signing up for a 3 month subscription when I was on for a little over a week. They would not even change the subscription to a one time monthly charge which i thought was unreasonable, anyway the girls on this site in my opinion are very very particular so just a heads up.

1,052 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

49 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Match.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question