Review of Match.com

pr@match.com
2018 Customer choice award

barbaraw393
7/20/19

Most of the attractive profiles on this website are fake - DO NOT be fooled by it. Waste of money and a total con.

davidb2333
7/7/19

In order to compete, men must send out many messages just to get the attention of a few women. It's too time consuming. Women just sit and wait as bait. Many don't even want to date and just love the easy attention.

kathleenq11
6/18/19

An absolutely horrible online dating site...but is there even a good one??? Online dating has become a host for men seeking to lie about who they are and hook a woman into communicating to them for nefarious reasons. It is awful! Have been on for 4 months and I have YET to speak to someone who is not a phony. I have used Been Verified website to check out each one who has tried to get my phone number and not ONE was real??!!! AWFUL! When I reached out to Match.com to tell them each time I have had a phony profile they do not tell me if they even investigate. Sometimes the photo disappears, other times the profile just goes away. They never admit that these men are not legitimate. At least other online dating sites will tell you if they identify a fraud and take him off the site. It think it happens so often at Match.com they do not want to admit they are a haven for fraud. If I could have given them a zero I would. Worse yet they do not respond to their subscribers concerns with an update or any kind of disposition of a case brought to their attention.

Tip for consumers: If you are a women over 50, BEWARE you WILL BE cat fished on this site ALL the time! And NOT because you are not a good looking woman! I am in good shape and I look 10-15 years younger than my age. If you are a WIDOW, you will more likely be bait for frauds!

oliviav15
6/16/19

Never have any luck on match.com except from a person who led me on for a month & then tried to scam me. Sent me beautiful fake pics of someone else. I complained & match removed profile & said they would investigate. More lies from match.com!

aarons291
5/28/19

The worst site imaginable. Look forward to spending two minutes verifying that you're not a computer every time you log in (after paying), so you can see 45 people, two of whom you're interested in (in a top 5 city in terms of population in the US), one of whom has been online in the last year... and a bunch of people a hundred miles away. All good reviews about this horrible site online are ones they paid for. Run for the internet hills.

frankh237
5/16/19

Match is still one of the best websites for finding local romance but it has to be sharp because there are now other serious competitors, as anyone who's tried wejustfit.com (and a few others) will be well aware. I always try different sites for 1-3 months at a time to make sure I'm getting variety and able to meet completely new people.

tatianam20
5/4/19

I signed up 15/08 to the site and thought it would be an honest place since it's for mature people. I was emailed by this man on the site. He's a longstanding member of Match as well & i suspect many other sites. He & i exchanged a few emails where he started using what looked like common interests & other tactics in order to gain your trust & a false bond. He bored me with what i thought was his life story. Even revealing details that should remain private about his family.
He confessed he had been 'stalking' me & many other exotic women (black hair, dark olive skin, dark eyes) everyday for months. His type- asian, middle-eastern, mediterannean, mixed race or black.
He will feed you a load of fantasy & lies about his life in order to gain trust & then progress onto sexting, phone calls & a one night stand or two. Perhaps even for a few months. Before he starts backing away two-timing you & ready to go onto the next victims. It must take some planning.
I learnt that this is what he does 24/7 everyday. He very quickly suggested we exchange phone numbers and started texting each other.
He sounded reasonably educated and said he worked in finance. Lo & behold he preys on both victimised women with problems as well as well groomed educated career types. The photo he uploaded is far from the reality. A rusty old car sitting on bricks, a rusty old white van & a tiny old two-seater that regularly breaks down is the actual reality.
He is a sad looking balding sight, with a hairy back resembling a crocodile's & talks about nothing else but his past conquests ex-wives, ex-girlfriends & horrible extended family. Btw the ex girlfriends also fill in as F-buddies, so beware. He has a perverse obsession with India. Believe me, if you happen to be indian it isn't in a flattering way. Ditto for black people.

His health problems sound like a publication in a health journal for grubby diseases. ED could just about, be excused if he did have a monogamous bone in his body. It must be nature's way of bringing him down to earth with a bump. Gangrene is yet to set in. He does not & has never practiced safe sex. Don't expose yourself girls to horrible stds. His mouth is not just for stringing out lies, it's been part of this dangerous man's tools for picking up disease from the immoral individuals like himself & passing it on & endangering the health of otherwise healthy unsuspecting women.

He is mentally ill, a penniless hoarding hermit living in a small village, South of UK sorrounded by dust mites & mildew, living in one room in a dark dingy delapidated grimy dirty smelly house, with decaying food, filthy carpets covered in other women's hair, dirty underwear, dry skin particles & heaven knows what else. The stacks of dusty old newspapers are a sight to behold. He has nothing to offer anyone. He might try to fool you by mentioning how it would be nice to settle down get married & have children soon. Don't fall for it. It's nothing but a string of lies. He spends 24/7 in a filthy dressing gown stuffing his face & smoking joints. The highlight of his day is watching other people going about their business & gossiping repeating for the hundredth time yet another boring old story. He goes for days without brushing his teeth or even having a shower or bath.

Just a warning girls. Don't fall for the attention & attempts to win your sympathy. He has an ugly mind & ugly nature. You are simply one of many that he has on the loop. He is obsessed with his ex gfs, ex wife, sisters infact every female from his distant past- dead & alive. Very soon a matter of weeks or months, you'll soon be faced with stark reality as he starts the disappearing act saying "We could be better as friends" or as he totes up how many arguments you've had after you've been set up & blamed for them all. The entire act is being played all over again on the next victims. You've been warned. Give him a big miss!

williamm942
4/27/19

I was a Match.com member and I completed my guarantee period which entitled me to a free six month extension of my membership. Match.com charged my card anyway. I disputed the charge with my bank and Match.com took action! They closed my account, blocked me and banned me forever. They refunded the charge, but I lost my free six month service extension. All I wanted to do was prevent Match.com from illegally stealing my money. The facts speak for themselves. There aren't enough adjectives to describe how incompetent and deceitful they are!

kerryy9
4/25/19

Not sure how they are not shut down? The beautiful women on this site are not real. Many women use the site. Match purposely trys to entice you in with fake profiles. I have had all kinds of women on other sites show interest and I have been able to message them without additional little charges, even if they are not paying members. Within 2 days on another site I am talking with 6 different women on whatsapp.

zahraz1
4/22/19

It is a total fraud! Absolutely! They take your money without you noticing. They won't even warn you when you hide your profile. It is indeed a fraud!

nityas4
4/22/19

I joined Match to find my soulmate when I saw match advertisement online showing dream castle of finding your true love. But I found loads of time pass / flirts men or divorced or separated men and Army(retired men) or old UNCLE types of my dad's age started sending messages and chat requests by calling me baby & sweetheart. And All sort of flirting, vulgar & cheap messages like am on some cheap chat or dating site with shameless men around. Many wanted to waste time on dating or chatting nonsense all the time. Most of the men I found here had no Respect for Women and many men here those are separated or divorced men with kids want a women to take care of their kids like a maid. I told same to the site but no response.
I was looking for a single/ unmarried man who knows a respect of a woman and who's also looking for a soul mate like me. I realised my mistake of joining Match.com & I deleted my account there after.

terryr166
4/9/19

I'm a slightly above-average-looking, physically fit and well-groomed, middle-aged male with a better-than-average career. I'm single and looking for a female partner or a dating companion. I became a member of Match.com for 3 months; put up a decent profile with good photos and engaging text; and then proceeded to browse potential matches.

After sending out 40 or more messages and getting 0 responses, I spent some more money to "ensure that my messages can be read". This pricey little "add-on" allowed me to see if my messages were being delivered and then read (or not). Sadly, I discovered that less than 10% of the messages that I was sending were actually being read; 90% were "delivered" but were NOT being read. This tells me that Match.com has many active profiles with NO active owners. In other words, if you become a member of this dating site, you will find MANY potential matches who might as well be ghosts because the vast bulk of your messages will go unread.

Perhaps these profiles were once active, but the owners have long since left the site. In fact, I'm certain that my profile is being used without my permission to lure unsuspecting women into purchasing a membership. I've deactivated it, but they said they will "keep it on file for a year in case I returned", which is how they get to use my profile without my permission in a dishonest attempt to make their site look like it has more members than it actually has.

After 3 months of daily use, I had sent out nearly 300 messages and received only 2 responses, which resulted in 0 dates and a disappointing experience overall.

lik4
4/3/19

Match has just made it incredibly hard to find a "match" via a search. You used to be able to search by various criteria including income. They took that away. As the match customer service rep explained, wealthy men like to date the housekeeping women that work in hotels. I kid you not. It used to be you could search for someone who was on the same level as you, keeping possibilities at a minimum. Now, I get 2000+ matches. WTF...
If you are like Allex P who uses the site for "dating" - great. If you are serious about meeting someone to build a life with...GOOD LUCK!

franks467
3/26/19

Here's how to get somewhere with these meet up sites. 1. read reviews to avoid wasting your time & money to get to a site that gives you a real chance (e.g match or wejustfit.com) 2. Dont be scared to join more than one site if you have a good start or hear good things 3. Make a good profile 4. Send interesting intro messages 5. Dont message the same person if you dont get a reply, its creepy 6. Repeat as many times as it takes keep trying as usually when you're ready to quit you get somewhere with someone nice. 7 Keep the faith! :-)

richarda406
3/25/19

Don't waste Your time On These Over inflated Women Who think Only Money Buys Them Happiness. I'm a fairly Good Looking Man. I Had two Responses To My outreaches. One Asked For My Phone and would Call Me in a Week. She was Busy. After i Gave It To her. She Must Have died? These Gold Diggers (wanting To Wine and dine them....Beware..I Like FINE Dining) Are Either Cougars Or Women Who Need to Feel important By Having Men Write To Them to Make Themselves FEEL GOOD. Don't waste Your Money Is my thought For You.

allexp
3/20/19

I've been dating online for a long time now. Basically, you get what you put in! Match ain't a bad dating site and works just fine if you invest time in a decent profile. It has more members than any other dating site, at lest as far as I know. So you should be fine using it. Possible you are not lucky on it, in that case check out Yamvoo or Tinder. Also worth trying IMO.

deniset50
3/6/19

Ok, I thought I'd give this site a go just to experience for myself if it really works.
First of all, after joining I was constantly receiving messages saying I have been added as a favourite. Secondly I was constantly receiving messages, this is happening before I was a paying victim. I then decided to join, giving them the benefit of the doubt. Once I joined, unlimited for 6 months, asking how I'd like to pay, I opted for £19.99 per month. Ok, so, once I joined and read my messages, about 10 of them, All of which were not my type. After deleting 99% of them I checked to see who added me as a favourite. Upon doing so I noticed that they're were men in my favourites whom I didn't add neither liked. Oh ho, I thought, this is fishy.... not only were there non invited favourite but they're were also men that were adding me as a favourite unbeknownst to them.... what a joke. I then decide to cancel my subscription after just 1 day. Almost immediately after cancelling I received a message from a rather good looking bloke who claimed he was called Nick asking to get to know me better. I told him I have just cancelled, immediately after sending my message he instantly responded with a 4 line sentence. I thought WOW theres NO way on the planet could he of read the message & responded in less than a millisecond IMPOSSIBLE! In hindsight I now know that was a generic message sent to pressure me to stay, I then responded with "that was too quick...bye"!
I believe MATCH.COM is a scam & they only have a 0903 number which cost the earth to call so most people lose their money if they want to cancel or just can't be bothered. Don't waste money on this site, go out, meet people the natural way it will save you a lot of money, hassle & uneccessary stress. By the Way I had to give 1 star if I had my way they wouldn't even get half!

teef
2/26/19

Let me tell you how it works. Research shows that 85% of profiles on this dating site are either fake or redundant so, only about 15% are real. Redundant profiles are managed by bots and/or site moderators. Such profiles wither do not respond or send you a new standard response re; "Sorry, your invitation was declined. Keep a smile on your face and keep looking! The Match Team". Other standard responses include; "I'm sorry I don't think we're a match. But thanks for your message: I hope we both find someone right for us!", "I don't think you're the one for me. But you'll be the one for someone else, so keep on looking!", "You'll make someone happy one day, but I don't think it'll be me. Let's both keep looking for that special someone: they're out there somewhere!", "I'm sorry I don't think we're a match. But thanks for your message: I hope we both find our special someone!", "Thanks for getting in touch. I don't think we're right for each other. But keep looking you'll find the right match one day!", "Sorry I don't think right for each other. But stay on your dating journey and I hope you'll find someone soon."

Notice how all he responses are ridiculously similar? This implies there are some fat men with micro genitals in a dark room somewhere making up all these poor responses!

Don't use this site as it is a scam as are most dating sites.

They block you after sending these messages.

Tip for consumers: It is a scam and a waste of time!

christopherj161
2/19/19

I signed up for match last October and it has been a complete waste. The site completely ignores your preferences and your daily matches are filled with women who don't like people of your race, are out your age range, and only want men who are over 6 feet.

The few people that do match your preferences ignore your messages, and even the ones that do actually like your profile ignore your messages to them. This leads me to believe a good portion of these profiles are fake created by match.com employers to give you fake likes. I have also noticed many of the daily matches are repeated and even the profiles I have said no to continue to pop up.

Their only goal is to get money out of you and hope you get frustrated enough to spend even more money on their gimmick boosts. I paid for a 6 month membership and I am counting down the days I can kiss this site goodbye. I'm also going to change my credit card number because I have heard stories of Match charging your credit card even after you cancel.

This is the worst $119.97 I have spent. But hey if you like being ghosted and laughing at the fake profiles of women then you may enjoy it.

Their guarantee is also a joke. If you somehow match all their requirements to get the guarantee, then they don't give you your money back, instead they supposedly give you another 6 months "free".

Tip for consumers: Don't give them any money; its a scam site.

christianb126
1/23/19

You can see why match are still seen as the leaders even after all this time. Except for maybe wejustfit.com (really impressed by that one) it's hard to think of anything that comes close, really. To be fair, they have the marketing budget and the reputation so it shouldn't be a surprise, but all in all it is still worth the subscription fee. You will find dates if you put effort in.

anastasian7
1/13/19

WORST DATING SITE ever. Zero dates or matches in a month compared to many matches and dates on free sites like pof. Most men on there have ONE pic and do not ever respond to a gorgeous woman like me - as they are 90% FAKE PROFILES!!! Only real people they have is 60 - 80 year old dirty grandpas.. and as soon as I politely pointed out I was HALF their age and NOT interested in dating them.. I got a HARASSING EMAIL stating I am off the site for "improper communications" and violating the rules. Excuse me? Is this Sex Trafficking Site and Match Douchebags think I am their property and they are selling me to their 80 year old patrons? They won't even refund the $90 fee ! RUN fro this MATCH SCAM !

kevins611
12/28/18

ATTENTION all men, get off of all dating sites NOW!!!! Unfortunately women have what we want and they decide if you get it. The dating sites out there are just in to take your money and don"t care if the women are not real or live where they say or are not even women!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets all stop and shut this down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have spent thousands trying and every time it's a scam... Commercials are BS STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 days use of Match Cost me 1 year subscription !!!!!!!!!!!!!

elizabethc430
11/29/18

Men who are married , divorced with one foot in their previous marriage and not really available - you are asking for a broken heart if you sign up for this

tomw328
11/25/18

My account has been taken over by someone else 3 times in 6 weeks. Spend most of my time trying to correct the problem. That and deleting messages from women I've never seen before that some are thousands of miles away. Tech support keeps telling
me to change my password. Please, Even my financial institutions don't ask me to change my password every week. They are just trying to cover up their own technical incompetency. So I'm paying for something I can't even use. Also, I've noticed they like to keep old photo/profiles of women up even after they are long gone from this site. Just to make it look like they have a lot to chose from. My advice is to stay away
from Match.

sonyab37
11/12/18

Everyone says match is the best online dating site and I can see that it could be, but in my area its not quite as good as wejustfit.com. I started with match and then found WJF and havent looked back since. Exceptional site to meet singles near me, really is. Sonya, Devon

1,052 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I was unable to get a refund but I dispute the transaction and got my money back that way. I said it was because they were not providing the service they claim to offer. If you can dispute with your bank just tell them you didn't authorize the transaction and the company refuses to refund you. Good luck.

By Lara W.

Absolutely NOT. This is a site that has only one purpose and that is to scam you out of your money. Not only are there scammers as stated by Diane H. and Sally C. this site is completely dishonest about how it works and what you can expect from it. I'll share this one example to illustrate. When you join with a credit card, they will inform you that you now have full access to their site and features. You can now send mail to the men and start meeting them. However, there is a catch that they do NOT mention on the sign up page. The catch is that you can send all the letters you want to the men, BUT, unless the men are also fully paid members, none of them are allowed to read your mail and reply to you. What is the point of paying to use the service when the other side must also have a fully paid membership? If you have paid your membership fee then by all standards you are now entitled to not only write to the men but to expect them to reply back to you. Not on match. There is an extra fee that you must pay so that non members can receive, read and reply to your mail. This is a SCAM on every level. Please save your money and avoid this site at all costs. I'm speaking from first hand experience. Read the testimonies on this site and understand that they are all 100% correct and accurate.

By josh l.

Back in the 1980s, strip clubs were pulling all sorts of over charge and fake charge scams and forcing people tp pay. Here in Atlanta a majpr federal case against the GOLD CLUB brought all that to light and alot of changes were made in the industry..... I BRING THAT UP BECAUSE....these social sites seem to be attempting the same types of scams and are getting away with it. By U.S. fedeal standars ALL THESE SITES FALL UNDER THE RACKETEERING STATUTE. Unfortunately there is NO enforcement of these laws at this time. Your best option is to dispute the entire charge with your credit card. They may not want to do this because they are seeing so much of it. BE FIRM AND INSIST IT IS A MATTER OF CREDIT FRAUD. Also be sure to indicate that you are filling a consumer notice with the Federal Trade Commision (they have online forms for this to keep a numbers count on how many people are affected by these sorts of things. www.FTC.org). If you have been a good card holder, you shouldnt have any issues except for 1: ALL THESE SITES ARE NOTORIOUS FOR REBILLING/DRAFTING YOUR CREDIT ACCOUNT. You may want to file a COMPROMISED CREDIT CARD CLAIM AT THE TIME OF THE DISPUTE and have your card issuer SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT CARD WITH A NEW CARD NUMBER.

By kevin t.

You will have a hard time getting your money back Terri. The first time I was with them years ago, I forgot the auto renewal and tried to get my money back and they fought me tooth and nail. This time I tried both Ourtime and Match and both experiences were not good though Ourtime was a bit better. I agree with some of the answers here that Match baits you toward the end of your subscription with possible contacts, but since I cannot proof that I have to add that disclaimer. Everything you have run into with your experience I have had with mine.

By mark k.

If you were charged in one lump sum, you can't. If they are auto billing you every month, shut it off. If they took one lump sum, the best you can do is file a formal complaint with the BBB and any federal fraud protection agency you can dig up. Why would they refund you? They don't give a $#*!. To even get a response, you will have to have a local attorney draft a letter threatening to bring civil action (that will cost more than the year they billed you for). If you wanted to make a point, hire the attorney to file the civil suit. The suit would have to be for considerably more than they extorted. To win that is next to impossible because the court will require you justify the additional damages for which you are suing, They will, by law, have to respond. At which point they will issue a refund (a couple hundred dollars), the court will consider it satisfied, and the attorney will bill you a couple of grand for their effort. Point is, you're screwed! These internet companies know that the expense you would incur trying to fight them (especially across state lines) far, far exceeds what they ripped from you. It's essentially legal theft. Sorry about your luck...You got had! I've been there in other areas myself.

By tom j.

Hi Stephen, First of all, I am really sorry you are still dealing with Match.com and their unethical ways. I am still receiving emails for Match too, even though I have canceled my account many months ago. I scam every email they send me, but they send new emails form alternate email addresses. Perhaps you will have better luck then me, if call them. I am seriously thinking of contacting Better Business Bureau to see if that helps. I know that it looks bad for a business to have complaints on them on BBB, so if you mentioned that to Match when you call them (that is if you get to reach them), they might stop pestering you. So the only advice I can think of is, contact BBB, and state your concern and complaint to them. Good luck!

By Tone J.

Cancel the card you used when you joined.

By Paisley-girl n.

The first thing you need to understand (if you haven't already discovered it on match) is that none of your letters will be read unless the recipient is a FULLY PAID member. Even though you have paid to be a member you are still not able to contact the other person. There is a option available to you but it's pretty much extortion on the part of Match. You can pay an additional monthly fee where all of your mail is delivered and they can read and reply back to you. Apart from that I can't really give you any other answers other than don't renew with this site.

By josh l.

It is because there are not any real people on match.com. Most of the profiles are fakes, or they are people who may have once been on the site and now their profiles are used as bait to get you to sign up and pay, thinking there are actual matches that could be made. Also a lot of the profiles are people who have not actually signed up and paid so they could not even get back to you if they wanted (unless they too pay for the privilege of sending an email reply). Do not sign up! This is an unethical site that does a bait and switch to get money out of you and others and does not delivery on any promises. Most of the profiles are cons trying to get something from you. This site should be shut down!

By firstname l.

I feel the same way Teresa, i have been on the site for 1 year now and cancelled my subscription, but was told it won't officially cancel until May because i waited to late after my initial sign up day, so i got stuck with another year. I am a handsome guy with a lot to offer, but for some reason never really got emails as i expected, i started to think the people profiles were fake or the women i was interested in didn't know a good man if his profiled slapped them in the face, just sayN. 41, recently divorced for little over a year, highly educated, working in my profession, make close to six figures, single, don't cheat, great personality, smart, don't play, and real down to earth.....but i guess no one believed it or didn't like my handsome picks...IDK. confused!

By jacie r.
Questions? Get answers from the Match.com staff and other customers.

Match.com?