Review of Match.com

pr@match.com
2017 Customer choice award

markc614
7/9/18

Cant really complain tbf. Not v expensive, some really nice singles looking for dates in scotland and other benefits too (tried match nights, etc). Prob my 2nd fave dating site after wejustfit.com and ive tried them all! These just seem to work well for central scotland and ive got mates that say they both work well for down south too. Well worth stumping up a few pictures of the queen for, works out cheaper than a cinema ticket if you get the long term membership so that does me nicely!!

rickb245
7/9/18

You better be the Pope...dont say anything about your lifestyle they will cancel you post haste...Dont say Bi or couple...Be a Priest

tonym291
7/8/18

I have tried Match off & on for years and honestly have never met in person 1 single woman! I believe most members are male, many profiles are either fake, stale outdated or Match bots created to catch your cash or keep you as a paying member. For older folks like myself it's a complete waste of time/money and patience. Friends have confirmed the same basic complaints. Match also runs 8-10 other dating sites, they're all a waste of time! It's all a SCAM baby!

allenj43
7/5/18

When I tried Match a few years back I would get all kinds of messages come to find out they were all fake. All had been generated by Match itself and were done to keep people paying for the site. Match was of course sued over this. So I would just stay away from this site. I am not sure anything has changed.

daynas15
7/5/18

I have gotten nothing but scammers replying with the same story. I really do not think there are any real people on here. I have complained to match.com with no response. This site is horrible

jacobd62
7/5/18

Decided to give this a shot. Signed up for a year subscription (not cheap). For some reason....they had me listed as a 68 year old man.....I'm 28. In other words....nobody of my age is going to see me. I got some likes from elderly folks. It took over a month to get it fixed, since you can't change it on the website. Had to call customer service a few times....and figured that they would extend my subscription for that time. No dice. They pretty much told me "tough break".

In the year that I spent on the site....I maybe communicated with one person. I sent around 100 messages and never received any responses. It seems like they have a ton of fake accounts....and the real accounts are probably for people that have been inactive forever.....but Match keeps them on the site to make it seem like there's more potential people than there actually are.

And don't be fooled if you aren't on a subscription and only have a free account. They will spam you with messages saying things such as "somebody likes you" every few days. Once you pay and sign up....you realize that it's nothing more than a lie.

It's too bad. But it's way more productive to use free sites or apps like Tinder or Bumble. Don't waste your money on this scam website.

markw594
6/29/18

Pleased to report ive had a few dates on this site (and also on wejustfit.com in fairness) & that's all I can ask for, the chance to meet people online that I want to meet in person. Now I've found the sites that work for me I'm feeling positive about online dating again, like when I signed up originally. Good times :-)

joshm222
6/26/18

They got me too on the auto renewal when I was sure I had turned it off. They wouldn't refund because I also didn't receive any notice that I was on a new subscription and I had sent one person an email so the new subscription had been "used", fortunately I used PayPal to pay and I was able to successfully dispute it. Match locked my account, but oh well, it wasn't worth another ~$180, it wasn't worth the first! I'm actually glad because it spares me from the temptation of going back on there.

kayew16
6/22/18

After reading so many negative reviews, I was sure that I had been kicked off the Match dating site when my account was shut down. But, a few days later I received a message from customer service explaining that my account had been hacked and someone was using it to send out messages to other members so the staff canceled my membership. They told me to go ahead and sign in and my profile will be activated. They advised me to change my passwords for Match.com and for my private email, which I did. Then customer service gave me a one week credit for my subscription.

juliab175
6/19/18

I want to post pics that I am with someone else but I don't want to show the other person, won't let me crop photo or rearrange it. Paid $90 and the site keep asking for more $ since I'm Not giving more I am not getting exposure. Sucks. $90 is not $5 I should have the service. With so many bad reviews how sitejabber made them 2017 awards? I would delete that, it doesn't look good

melanied41
6/17/18

I was a member years ago after my divorce. Rejoined last week. So far its a joke. For one thing its not cheap I paid for 1 month. There seems to be no way to block guys totally out of my age range or location. Im paying for this app so I should be able to choose who I want to contact me.

Half the profiles dont even have pictures. I have my age range as 35-49 yet a 62 yr old man 2000 miles away, 4 inches shorter than me will email me.

There seems to be no way to delete Likes.

Even POF which is free has settings so you can go in and block people outside your criteria.

So far Ive met 1 guy. I wasnt really interested but he was nice and normal.

Also there seems to be no way to get rid of the annoying video messages.

When profiles come up that you are supposed to mark like or dislike, profiles come up and I see I am way outside their age range, or the guys are out of state.

Im weeding through way more crap than I want.

marieo28
6/17/18

I had a free match account 7 years ago. They won't allow you to email subscribers. So when i checked them out 2 days ago, I knew I'd have to pay. I was ok with a monthly rate. I put in my info and it brought me to the check out screen. When i saw they wanted me to pay for 6 months up front - I did NOT want to do that; can only tolerate about 3 weeks on any site simply from the sheer volume of messages I get in my inbox - and immediately hit the back button. They charged my card anyway. And because i immediately began receiving emails, they refuse to refund me any portion of what was paid, even though their site advertises the ability to obtain a full refund within 24 hours. I emailed them after canceling my subscription, requesting to cancel my membership entirely, as the site states as a requirement for a refund. Nowhere does it mention refunds being refused for receiving email. I am beyond pissed.

scottr275
6/15/18

its ok but I like wejustfit its much beter id recomend 2 any 1 my sis using it now to and she said its good giv it a try if u need a new site or a new romanse lol

kims460
6/13/18

I contacted Match 3 times reporting a scammer, they still let this guy known as Dino to continue his profile. I have had 3 people who are real to contact me after being on this site for 60 days.. Im truly looking for someone and will hopefully find a site whos looking out for their customers!

seanp95
6/11/18

Found the site to be extremely thin on active members and as such decided to cancel within the 14 day cooling off period but the account settings wouldnt let me cancel. The FAQ section said you need to email them to cancel but dont give an email address to use, eventually found an email address and emailed to cancel but they have refused to refund me and have charged me £180 in total for something that I don't want!!

Sneaky and unscrupulous, please avoid like the plague!!! There are other free dating sites like POF and OKcupid, dont be fooled into thinking that you get what you pay for and that match.com is any better because it isnt!!

marquish13
6/6/18

I am an attractive woman, but yet all I get are emails, all the men want to do is email back and forth on the site, I am almost certain that these men are paid employees of match.com to keep the conversation going with the woman. it's to obvious that every man that emailed me their sentences ends in a smiley face or this symbol (!!! ) Same format of every email I received from men in match.com, either that or woman employees of match sending emails. Stick to Pof or tinder they free. Fake fake match.com you should be ashamed of yourself trying to fool people with fake emails, and fake flirts to get someone to subscribe, upon subscribing thinking you actually have emails, you will soon find out it's just bogus notifications that someone had viewed your profile, I have never been more dissatisfied with a dating site in all my days. As the old saying goes you live to learn. I'm going to go back to meeting men the old fashion way, just get out and mingle, that way you will already see what the person looks like in person and not online.

miguelo31
6/4/18

I am 29 male no kids give me a call 647 491 1525. Yeah i think match is a scam that needs to be removed from the internet.

abigailc35
6/1/18

I gave Match the benefit of the doubt and actually expected they would fix what I HOPED was just a technical glitch. But I'm here to warn you, do not give this company any money! They don't care a single iota about their customers and, after a quick Google search I discovered they have a nasty habit of blocking accounts for no reason.

I created an account, tried to message someone, (not realizing you have to be subscriber) and then just kept getting error messages on and off before I was finally blocked from logging in at all.

I thought surely it's just a glitch, so I tried again with a different e-mail address. I was blocked before I'd even finished setting up my account.

I thought surely it's just because I'm not subscribed and since I couldn't log in to purchase a subscription, I set up yet another account but this time subscribed up front.

Same thing happened again. I can't log in, can't do anything. I have not violated Terms and Conditions in any way, shape or form (how would I? I can't even get my profile filled out!) and yet, I received an e-mail informing me that my original account was blocked due to a violation which Match cannot disclose due to their privacy policy and the exact same e-mail to my third, subscribed e-mail address!

I'm leaving this review on every site I can find so as few people will get taken in as possible. I'm also reporting them to the BBB...which apparently has been done before and Match said they would remedy the issues after getting a poor rating. What a pity it's been a year and nothing has changed!

yunusa2
5/30/18

fake profiles created by the website administration. so when you join you pay much for fake profiles, you got matches that unreal, they try to attract you in all potential methods, when you pay, you are the victim.

chriss890
5/20/18

Not sure I get all the gd reviews. Yes their are tunnes of people but the site isnt as fun as wejustfit.com or even tinder + ive not had as many dates as I thot I was gonna get.

petew41
5/14/18

Match.com . . . .sounds like it might work . . . not so much. First of all you're lookin'
for a miracle. They left with Jesus. There are lots of women here, it's just that the cougars and the "would be showgirls" are over the top. Sexy pictures with the shot down their top...or up their butt . . .please . . .and then the unfortunate ones that all use the company's opening lines . . .or the single shot picture profiles of people that have no idea on how to appear like they want to be attractive. You have a better shot at a bar with a smiling face or a grocery store check out line. You both know what's up and if attraction is in place. Match seems like an interview . . .and that stinks . . .Let's keep it real and in the moment . Friends . . .Match.com is a waste of time and money. Good luck at the bar !

williamg285
5/12/18

I am a single father and looking forward to meet a very simple and matured lady above 48. If you are serious just contact me or text me on my numbe. 650 2763972

treat
5/11/18

Match deletes your emails after 180 days WITHOUT informing you. You cannot retrieve them after that. The events offered in NYC are often lowbrow such as: a tour of street art, bowling or cooking Chicken. (I want to learn Vegan cooking if anything.) They canceled a Contemporary Art tour due to weather, when the day turned out sunny and perfect as forcasted. The couple of events I attended were poorly managed. The daily matches sent out are good, just, maybe not Match's fault, the guys' profiles are nearly interchangable. I'm driven to make a difference in the world, (in the arts or other area). Am I really that unique?

maur1695
5/9/18

Before paying I received a lot of alerts.
After I've subscribed I' e received a few alert,but those profiles are fake, not active or not existing at all.
Some other like comes from the others side of the world.
Possible matches are suggested without considering the age range that I've chosen in my profile, so all the site is useless.

andys192
5/3/18

This site deserves some real credit. How many years have we all been using it? Others come and go (trust me ive tried them all) and match just stays on the throne, pure bossing it. Of all the new up and coming sites id say only WeJustFit has any chance of challenging match. Even then I like having them both to use, doubles my chances and number of dates! Would recommend!

1,052 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I was unable to get a refund but I dispute the transaction and got my money back that way. I said it was because they were not providing the service they claim to offer. If you can dispute with your bank just tell them you didn't authorize the transaction and the company refuses to refund you. Good luck.

By Lara W.

Absolutely NOT. This is a site that has only one purpose and that is to scam you out of your money. Not only are there scammers as stated by Diane H. and Sally C. this site is completely dishonest about how it works and what you can expect from it. I'll share this one example to illustrate. When you join with a credit card, they will inform you that you now have full access to their site and features. You can now send mail to the men and start meeting them. However, there is a catch that they do NOT mention on the sign up page. The catch is that you can send all the letters you want to the men, BUT, unless the men are also fully paid members, none of them are allowed to read your mail and reply to you. What is the point of paying to use the service when the other side must also have a fully paid membership? If you have paid your membership fee then by all standards you are now entitled to not only write to the men but to expect them to reply back to you. Not on match. There is an extra fee that you must pay so that non members can receive, read and reply to your mail. This is a SCAM on every level. Please save your money and avoid this site at all costs. I'm speaking from first hand experience. Read the testimonies on this site and understand that they are all 100% correct and accurate.

By josh l.

Back in the 1980s, strip clubs were pulling all sorts of over charge and fake charge scams and forcing people tp pay. Here in Atlanta a majpr federal case against the GOLD CLUB brought all that to light and alot of changes were made in the industry..... I BRING THAT UP BECAUSE....these social sites seem to be attempting the same types of scams and are getting away with it. By U.S. fedeal standars ALL THESE SITES FALL UNDER THE RACKETEERING STATUTE. Unfortunately there is NO enforcement of these laws at this time. Your best option is to dispute the entire charge with your credit card. They may not want to do this because they are seeing so much of it. BE FIRM AND INSIST IT IS A MATTER OF CREDIT FRAUD. Also be sure to indicate that you are filling a consumer notice with the Federal Trade Commision (they have online forms for this to keep a numbers count on how many people are affected by these sorts of things. www.FTC.org). If you have been a good card holder, you shouldnt have any issues except for 1: ALL THESE SITES ARE NOTORIOUS FOR REBILLING/DRAFTING YOUR CREDIT ACCOUNT. You may want to file a COMPROMISED CREDIT CARD CLAIM AT THE TIME OF THE DISPUTE and have your card issuer SEND YOU A REPLACEMENT CARD WITH A NEW CARD NUMBER.

By kevin t.

You will have a hard time getting your money back Terri. The first time I was with them years ago, I forgot the auto renewal and tried to get my money back and they fought me tooth and nail. This time I tried both Ourtime and Match and both experiences were not good though Ourtime was a bit better. I agree with some of the answers here that Match baits you toward the end of your subscription with possible contacts, but since I cannot proof that I have to add that disclaimer. Everything you have run into with your experience I have had with mine.

By mark k.

If you were charged in one lump sum, you can't. If they are auto billing you every month, shut it off. If they took one lump sum, the best you can do is file a formal complaint with the BBB and any federal fraud protection agency you can dig up. Why would they refund you? They don't give a $#*!. To even get a response, you will have to have a local attorney draft a letter threatening to bring civil action (that will cost more than the year they billed you for). If you wanted to make a point, hire the attorney to file the civil suit. The suit would have to be for considerably more than they extorted. To win that is next to impossible because the court will require you justify the additional damages for which you are suing, They will, by law, have to respond. At which point they will issue a refund (a couple hundred dollars), the court will consider it satisfied, and the attorney will bill you a couple of grand for their effort. Point is, you're screwed! These internet companies know that the expense you would incur trying to fight them (especially across state lines) far, far exceeds what they ripped from you. It's essentially legal theft. Sorry about your luck...You got had! I've been there in other areas myself.

By tom j.

Hi Stephen, First of all, I am really sorry you are still dealing with Match.com and their unethical ways. I am still receiving emails for Match too, even though I have canceled my account many months ago. I scam every email they send me, but they send new emails form alternate email addresses. Perhaps you will have better luck then me, if call them. I am seriously thinking of contacting Better Business Bureau to see if that helps. I know that it looks bad for a business to have complaints on them on BBB, so if you mentioned that to Match when you call them (that is if you get to reach them), they might stop pestering you. So the only advice I can think of is, contact BBB, and state your concern and complaint to them. Good luck!

By Tone J.

Cancel the card you used when you joined.

By Paisley-girl n.

The first thing you need to understand (if you haven't already discovered it on match) is that none of your letters will be read unless the recipient is a FULLY PAID member. Even though you have paid to be a member you are still not able to contact the other person. There is a option available to you but it's pretty much extortion on the part of Match. You can pay an additional monthly fee where all of your mail is delivered and they can read and reply back to you. Apart from that I can't really give you any other answers other than don't renew with this site.

By josh l.

It is because there are not any real people on match.com. Most of the profiles are fakes, or they are people who may have once been on the site and now their profiles are used as bait to get you to sign up and pay, thinking there are actual matches that could be made. Also a lot of the profiles are people who have not actually signed up and paid so they could not even get back to you if they wanted (unless they too pay for the privilege of sending an email reply). Do not sign up! This is an unethical site that does a bait and switch to get money out of you and others and does not delivery on any promises. Most of the profiles are cons trying to get something from you. This site should be shut down!

By firstname l.

I feel the same way Teresa, i have been on the site for 1 year now and cancelled my subscription, but was told it won't officially cancel until May because i waited to late after my initial sign up day, so i got stuck with another year. I am a handsome guy with a lot to offer, but for some reason never really got emails as i expected, i started to think the people profiles were fake or the women i was interested in didn't know a good man if his profiled slapped them in the face, just sayN. 41, recently divorced for little over a year, highly educated, working in my profession, make close to six figures, single, don't cheat, great personality, smart, don't play, and real down to earth.....but i guess no one believed it or didn't like my handsome picks...IDK. confused!

By jacie r.
Questions? Get answers from the Match.com staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Match.com