US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rickt47
9/22/16

I am a business owner, and I have been trying for the last month to get a rep on the phone to launch a deal for my tour company. Twice they have laid off my reps, and no one thought it would be a good idea to pass their case load off to another rep. Everytime I call to talk to my rep, merchant support says they will have them call me back, and in a month it has never happened. I am trying way too hard to give them business, truly. I ask everytime to speak with a manager, and they just say no manager is on duty, and they don't know when they will. Finally, the assigned me a new rep, Steve Pays, and he emailed me that he was going to call me today at noon, and I'm writing this at about 1:30 pm, with still no call. To add insult to injury the merchant support person, Alicia was the rudest thing I have ever spoke with. Not even an apology or any shred of empathy. This is about the end of the line for me. No wonder Groupon is putting them out of business.

julies127
9/17/16

I feel like ive been robbed to be frank. I received an email and responded on it same day - after paying and redeeming voucher I was then told the item was out of stock in all decent 6 colours and only had the choice of 2 poor colours left. Sorry - this shd have been highlighted before paying. I feel conned really

athenad1
9/17/16

This is one confusing site. I can't navigate without getting lost.

damjis
9/14/16

I purchased Level 2 restaurant Brunch for two. The E-mail confirming my purchase showed a promotion dare that did not match the voucher. Clearly an error by living social! Any ethical company will own up the error and allow the customer to use the voucher. Not Living Social. The burden is squarely on the consumer to verify that there are no discrepancies. If they take that kind of stand for mere $18.00, can we really trust them for anything! My appeal with documented evidence just went unanswered! Avoid the company and use Groupon or Travel Zoo to get same or similar deals!!

bethm80
9/14/16

I have been a regular user of LivingSocial, but I've had a string of awful experiences with them. I purchased a deal that the merchant would not honor due to my zip code even though I was within their advertised range. I was on hold multiple times for over an hour without reaching LivingSocial. So, I took deal bucks because I could not get anyone to answer to refund to my credit card. Since then, I have tried to use those deal bucks on 3 different deals, each of which have been either cancelled by the merchant or by LivingSocial. For this last round, I tried to get it refunded within 2 days of buying it because when I called the merchant, he said LivingSocial had screwed him over, wouldn't pay him, and so he wasn't honoring any deals. I called LivingSocial within 2 days (which is within full refund period) and followed up several times over a period of WEEKS and they keep saying they are "still investigating" meaning that they are keeping my $500 which was split across deal buck and credit card payment. I'm at the point where I can't keep sinking more time into this. I've asked to talk to a manager numerous times. I've been told I would receive a return call or email 4 different times, which never occurred. I'm tired of spending 45 min. to 1.5 hours on hold each time I call. I'm tired of them keeping my money. And I'm tired of not being able to use the deal bucks on any deal I've tried. At this point I don't know what else I can do. I give up. Basically, in my experience, they have not honored their refund policy or anything they said they would do (like contact me back).

alanas2
9/3/16

I think they've gone bankrupt and have not told anyone. They're advertising fraudulent companies. They're not paying their merchants so merchants aren't accepting clients vouchers. They no longer have a contact for the Canadian site. PLEASE REPORT TO BBB. They take this seriously. STOP BUYING FROM THEM. They're doing the same thing team buy did. Still taking our money and not sending products and not paying merchants.

gerid9
9/2/16

7 member of our family purchased this deal. We went to reserve a date in October. We were told we could only schedule in September. This was not stated anywhere in this deal. We are all requesting a refund as suggested to one member during a phone call to Living Social. This deal should have been honored.

geralds51
8/31/16

I will as soon as I try them out again.

traceye12
8/31/16

Hi I recently thought I purchased a pair of pillows from Living Social as they took my money from my paypal account but issued me no voucher. I called customer services and they told me a load of crap saying my payment was in their dispute center and that EVENTUALLY I would receive a refund!! They basically stole money from my account did not offer an apology the lady I spoke to was rude and abrupt and told me there was no manager to speak to!!DO NOT USE THESE CHARLATANS !!!!!

kevink95
8/29/16

What a horrible company and horrible experience. My voucher was good for $32. That paid amount was NOT expired. However, the restaurant went out of business. Many of the restaurants that use Living Social are likely barely in business....or they wouldn't need to use Living Social.

You cannot email, so be prepared to call. However, their call center is only open during normal east coast business hours and the hold time is 40 mins (although they will tell you 20 mins, which will really infuriate you when it's twice that). So be ready to use your entire lunch break to call them.

Then I talk to someone who acted like she was annoyed that she had to take calls. She was not helpful and acted like I was a pain in her butt the entire time. She would not put on a supervisor or manager, because she said they don't get on phones.

This crappy, barely surviving, piece of crap company likely hires people for so little and works them so hard, that they get the most unskilled and then unhappy employees there are. Walmart has nicer employees.

I am taking them to small claims court. I suggest everyone does this with every big business that screws with them. I took Verizon to small claims court. It took a bit of my time. But they had to fly someone from their legal dept from California to Denver twice, and pay for her hotel and food. And then I won half the case and got $850 and terminated my contract early with no penalty. And it cost them far more than it cost me in terms of time to go through the process.

When it's the principle of the thing....do it.

teresas25
8/29/16

They have lots of interesting merchandise, and dining out opportunities to chose from. Always something new and exciting.

laneea
8/25/16

Our voucher for PAWN AMERICA expired and neither LIVING SOCIAL or Pawn America would honor the paid value.

jenniferw179
8/24/16

LivingSocial provides great discount and it is a great way to save money. I love their deal.

paulas65
8/22/16

A hospital visit saw a restaurant voucher that was only valid for 4 weeks - expired! Restaurant said I was too late ( I tried to compromise eg voucher was for 4 people and I asked if 2 people could use it so so was the proper price) but was told they didn't get the money and living social had my money so it was a no to my compromise! I thought this was odd so I contacted living social- weekly- I had only asked them to confirm this- not asked for a refund or anything- nothing- still nothing! ( there is no phone number only email) So I will delete them and tell as many people as possible to avoid them!

alh62
8/16/16

I have an issue with two vouchers with a promotional value expired but paid value still valid. The merchant was willing to accept the vouchers but discovered his account had been shutdown by LivingSocial so they cannot redeem my voucher. Trying to contact LivingSocial customer service is impossible as they apparently have no one actually working there, you just wait on hold. My suggestion to everyone who has an issue with LivingSocial is to contact the vendors LivingSocial is currently featuring and suggest to them they drop LivingSocial as using them reflects poorly on their business. Since they appear to be a giant scam, maybe we can drive them out of business.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!!!

donnas77
8/16/16

Great site and magazine. Has services at discounted prices for your personal area.

amitn7
8/16/16

use this site only if you live around north america and around, no use for others

alfredi3
8/14/16

Too dirty

donnas144
8/12/16

Until about 30 minutes ago a deal existed for a business "Angel Tea Room Gourmet Junction" in Plainfield,Illinois. I have 2 expired vouchers with paid value dates to 2019 and 2020. I called the refund department and was on hold for 52 minutes. The business closed and moved about 1 month ago. The business location has been vacated,sign posted states closed and business phone number [815-439-3933 ] is not answered. I spoke to Livingsocial customer service rep who identified herself as "Nikki" and was told there was no recourse from Livingsocial regarding the promo value. I requested that my call be transferred to a manager,supervisor or team lead and Nikki would not transfer my call. VERY POOR CUSTMER SERVICE. WILL NOT DO FURTHER BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT HAS NO REGARD FOR SOLVING CUSTOMER PROBLEMS. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

beatriced6
8/11/16

I bought a perfect maids cleaning service voucher . Value expires Aug 28 2016
The phone number of vendor no longer exists
Living social customer service by phone is Unreachable. Hours of wait time to date.
The voucher does not appear anymore on my voucher account but I have the confirmation e mail and printed it.
Stay away from Living social .It has nocustomer service in case of a problem.
Stay with Groupon instead

tinag54
8/10/16

It is impossible to reach Customer Service. The email doesn't accept emails, and if you call the phone number, you will be on hold for HOURS. I've TRIED SO MANY TIMES!!! I end up disconnecting because I simply cannot wait anymore.

All I wanted to do is get a refund for a product that was never received.

phils65
8/8/16

they billed me so fast it took me forever to get it right.THEY don't refund your $$ they give you credits to buy their products @$%$$$ phil

matl20
8/8/16

I purchased a voucher to have vents. Air unit clean. The guy came to my house, up on entering he said ...I'm going to have to charge you and additional 300 dollars. Mind you the deal was for 29.99 I could get unlimited vents cleaned and one main return and six feet of dryer line...for 29.99. Which you pay up front! Never deal with Social Living and AIR VENT CARE....THE ADVERTISE WITH AND DONT DELIVER!!! I'm out of my money with no service!

mikec236
8/8/16

I recently experienced the scenario of a company changing ownership and not honoring the Living Social coupon when presented at the end of the dinner. Even though Living Social knew of the change, and had been contacted by both patrons and new owners Living Social did nothing to alert the customers and they refused to honor the original commitment; and would't refund the full amount.
Unlike Groupon, who at least indicates that there is no expiration of the face value of the coupon cost, Living Social has no commitment or follow-up with the company they market for. In other words, and based on the responses of their call center people (Sashia and Corey - if that is their real names, who knows) they don't give a $#*! what happens after they advertise it on their site. Stick with Groupon!

edj22
8/4/16

Two experiences with Living Social: with the first, the phone number for the participating vendor was simply not in service. After several calls, I gave up and received a refund from Living Social. The second was more recent: I purchased a voucher in January that is valid for one year. I planned on using it over the summer. After many calls to the participating vendor in June and July, leaving messages with an answering service and not receiving any reply, I gave up and am now trying to get a refund from Living Social.

Issue #1: full refunds are only given within seven days of a purchase
Issue #2: current refunds are in the Living Social currency ... meaning I have to try again with another participating vendor
Issue #3: While I paid $98 in January, I am only entitled to $84 of Living Social currency.

Don't try to call Living Social unless you have a long time to wait on hold. I called twice and was on hold for half an hour both times. When I asked for their address, the first representative hung up on me. The second rep was nicer, but would not help with a refund.

I've written an email to their CEO ... waiting for a reply.

NOT WORTH THE EFFORT TO SAVE A FEW DOLLARS.

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question