Review of LivingSocial

Washington, DC 20005
feedback@livingsocial.com

terris48
2/20/17

When I purchased the coupon. I tried to make an appointment like it required. The owner NEVER picked up the phone. I informed Living Social and asked for a refund. they said they called her and it was no problem.

I tried again this week and discovered that there is no such business at the phone number or address. She went out of business.

The business has gone out of business. The coupon states that it is good for the promotional value until October 29.2017, but Living Social refuses to refund.

THE BUSINESS IS OUT OF BUSINESS.

In the State of Michigan, a coupon retains its value even after its expiration date. That is the price that I paid for it is still valid.

Living Social refuses to refund or reimburse.

lauram230
2/17/17

I can find the best deals in the nearby places on this site. There are a lot of fun things to explore and discover.

cathh2
2/15/17

My first and probably my last encounter with this company. I ordered a gift for my sister on 18/01/2017. It has still not arrived on 15/02/2017. Customer service merely send an e mail to the supplier, who does
not respond. Meanwhile there is no communication from living social, no offer to refund my money, I have no idea where my order is. Very very poor service be warned.

scottl104
2/10/17

I purchased the Orginal Copper Pan using a promo code of 20% off. They applied the code, but still charged me for the full amount. When I called to complain, they said it must have been a "glitch" and they can give me a credit to use on their site instead of just giving me the amount of the error back on my credit card. Like I would want to order something else from this site and let them overcharge me again. I will never use this site again and would not recommend them to ANYONE.

petem46
2/3/17

I purchased a massage and the massage therapist kept cancelling on me for the last 3 weeks. I called customer service and they said that someone will call me back when I asked for a refund to my credit card. No one called. I called back and talk to a guy named Kevin who had the audacity to tell me that I should have request a refund on the first week of the therapist cancelling on me (during the 7 day cancellation period), and that it was a "loophole", in other words, the vague return policy is a "loophole" to their advantage and then he tried to take it back and started to "back pedaling" after he realized he slipped. The he told me that I only have 2 options, go back to the merchant and try to set up another appointment, or accept a "deal buck" credit and that I only had a few more days to accept. I told him I was not going to accept that and that they will hear from me again, and he again had the audacity of telling me " there is no need to call us back". What type of Customer Service is that? . I immediately called the credit card company who put me on the phone back with them on a 3 way call, and then I got "disconnected" but some how I got my money back. Don't do business with them, shady practices!

angiea11
2/2/17

I have used Living social multiple times over the years. I mostly used the escape packages for mini weekend trips. Never a problem. I also used these escape packages as gifts. I will continue to be their customer.

roseleal
1/30/17

They send a lot of irrelevant emails that have nothing to do with things I am interested in. Most of it is mundane and irrelevant to me. I unsubscribed.

jasonj72
1/16/17

But know that the business is on the ropes if they are going down this road! be careful and dont leave too much credit with them

taraw48
1/5/17

Love LivingSocial too. great experiences and meals.

beverlyk29
12/30/16

After using Living Social for years, I have seen a profound decline in both their products and their customer service. After a recent issue with a merchant who delivered the wrong product, I have place several phone calls and spoken with three separate customer service reps without any resolution. They contend that they are not a merchant,only an advertiser, and that they have no responsibility to their customers for the final product. They clearly don't care what happens after they get your money. Save yourself the aggravation and shop somewhere else!

kays71
12/26/16

wish I could get everything here, always works, good deals, great customer service, love it

corinad
12/22/16

On March, I bought an Escape deal to the Base Camp of Mount Everest. I have bought 3 escapes before and the trips were well organized with top notch hotels, just awesome. I felt this new merchant was also reliable and my husband and I have always wanted to go there, so we did the purchase for about $5,900. Well, the merchant was a flake and after 7 months, he never gave us any hotel or flights confirmation, he would only say vague stuff such as "all is according to schedule" or "will get back to you in a week/month or so". We requested to depart at the end of March 2017, but up to November we just had nothing to work with as we needed to get travel insurance, flights to LA, reserve a doggy hotel and submit vacation request. I reviewed their refund policy and called to inquire about what should we do about this as this is a lot of money and that I was not going to just give it away. I also mentioned that this merchant was not doing business as he never gave us concrete information. The customer service rep told me that this would be escalated and that they would get back to me in 3 to 5 business days. I did not hear back from them after 5 days, so I called again and asked about if they were able to reach the merchant. The customer service rep apologized for the wait and mentionec they could not reach the merchant, so they refunded my money in less than a week.
A thing to consider is to research the name of the company as this vendor had a deceiving name. We purchased the deal because there is a well known company Himalayan Experience (HIMEX) that has been in documentaries, this merchant used the same name with a hypthen between the two words.
Very pleased with livingsocial.

jov80
12/15/16

they suck! don't use them, their merchants don't deliver, their customer service is bull$hit and they trap you into getting Deal Bucks instead of issuing a real refund. then they tell you there is nothing they can do. What rip off artists!

yanas5
12/14/16

They cancelled my tickets, without notifying me (the purchase was confirmed by them, and by the performance management) right after purchase! I learned at the theater with 2 little kids, at the ticket box! I had to buy full price ticket in the back, as the kids were so excited about the show. Called Living Social - no apology, said they reimbursed me, could not get a manager. The rep suggested to email - as I did, no response in 7 days. This is definitely the worst customer service I have encountered in a long time. It happened to most/all who bought the deal on and after Dec 9 2016. I would like to hear what LivingSocial team has to say, if they have customer care function at all.

aislingg
12/12/16

So unhelpful and kept repeating over and over and interrupting me I'm sorry but we have nothing to do with you receiving your product you will have to take it up with merchandiser. Now this was on my 3rd call and 4th or 5th email to which I was getting no response. I bought 2 iphones on their site on 18 November the money was taken from my account on 21 November and now the week before Christmas no iphones and they are not resonsible!!! Far as I'm conerned if I buy something on your site and you take MY MONEY then you are bloody responsible! ! After 10 minutes of asking nicely I lost the plot and told rhe girl to give me a number and until I got really really annoyed then all of a sudden she was able to locate a telephone number for the merchant.. terrible in this day and age that the only way you can get anywhere after being nice and polite is to blow a fuse and insist on a number. I then told her I wanted to speak to a manager and was told I'm sorry we have to email a request and then it will take 3 to 5 working day. My advice DO NOT BUY FROM LIVING SOCIAL they are not bothered once they have your money.... merchants are no better Fone Plaza for anyone who is thinking of using them again DON'T DO IT. My pay pal address has never changed try for some reason they thought I lived in the UK the first iphone was sent out to my regular adress but in the UK and she then had the cheek to tell me i had underpaid by 2 pounds if i wanted it shipped to ireland as this was not an options as I am ONLY living in ireland and not the UK and used the only option this is not my fault l. The 2nd iphone hadn't even been sent out 4 weeks after they took my money. ....

geetas
12/12/16

Purchased a SoftLaser Plus from Living Social which cost me $103.41 and never received the item . I contacted Living Social they put me on hold for one and half hour subsequently spoke to a very rude abnoxious customer rep , She told me they cannot do anything about it and it is my problem . Told me that i need to file a claim with the post office . Post office says i am not the shipper and cannot file a claim.(Quote)Supervisor told her that they cannot do it anything and it is my problem.

jenniferw191
12/12/16

I bought the local newspaper for 1 year through living social. The newspaper stopped delivery after a very short time stating that I had not paid for one year service. They tell me they have never heard of living social. Living social, after 30 minutes on hold, stated they had gotten no response from the paper, so they would refund me. Asked me to hold....45 minutes later hung up on me!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

fadir
12/8/16

Is absolutely disgusting what I have had from living social services ! After my purchased been told will take 5 working days I have to chasse my case with contact customer services find where my good is NO RESPONDED AT ALL after few days later got the good finally been damage from the courier ! I have tried again contact customer services been told after a day to push the plastic cover with my hand is absolutely funny how clever they think they are ! , I won't make any purchase from this commercial website ever learning from my mistake , YOU WANT TO BE NEXT !!

cierrac4
11/29/16

False and misleading product page. Never received what I ordered, unable to reach anyone for a refund.

kg62
11/29/16

In the days of free delivery and next day delivery they don't fair well,always, longer than they quote(by miles) over the top delivery charges on small items,This will be my last purchase..

jeffb177
11/28/16

Promo code did not apply. No other way to contact Living Social except phone. 55 minutes on hold. Rude operator. Would not credit my credit card, only offer Living Social credit. I am really disappointed.

josek15
11/27/16

I like the things I have purchased from Living Social. Some of them are unique and would be hard to find anyplace else. The only negative for me ( personal thing) is that sometimes the Coupons system is a little bit confusing. I haven't been lucky enough to get friend to purchase something

damianc21
11/26/16

If you managed to read this review then YES, your gut is correct. Don't bother with Living Social. The minute something goes wrong it is a deadset 3rd world issue to resolve. Hopeless

sharonl83
11/23/16

I believe many service businesses or individuals use Living Social to scam people and Living Social does nothing about it. You have to be on top of your deal to get your money back but there's a whole lot of leg work involved. You call and call the company over months... then you have to communicate to Living Social that they're not answering. Etc. Sure you get your money back if you stay on top of the time limit but basically the businesses are making off with a lot of money from consumers like me who don't have the time to keep after them to make an appointment.

kimw123
11/22/16

I paid $29.00 for a voucher from Living Social for Comprehensive Carpet Cleaning to clean the carpet in three rooms and a hallway. I scheduled my appointment for Friday, Nov. 18 between 12 and 3:00. Eric called me that morning around 11:00 and said they would be at my house around 12:00 or 12:30. At 2:00 they had not shown up yet so I called Eric using the number that was on my caller ID. I had to leave a message. At 3:00 I called Eric again and left another message. I also called the company's number on my voucher and had to leave a message wondering why they did not show up. I never received a return call from either number. On Saturday I called the carpet cleaning company's number again and James answered the phone. I told him that I had an appointment yesterday and Eric never showed up. He said he would call Eric and find out what happened and call me back. I have yet to receive a call back from either James or Eric. On Monday I called Living Social to let them know what happened. They take no ownership in one of their vendors not showing up for an appointment. I told them that they needed to address the problem that they have a vendor that doesn't show up for their appointment and doesn't return phone calls. The girl told me to go to Documentation@Living Social.com. I'm only finding a place to write a review rather than making the "higher-ups" at LS aware that they have a company signed on with them that is a fraud. I asked for a refund even though I understand that their policy is that you can only get "deal bucks" if it has been more than seven days since I purchased the voucher. However, I feel like I should be able to get my money back since it was not my choice that the service was not completed. I could also use that money to contract a reputable company to clean my carpet. LS refuses to refund my money. At this point I don't trust LS or their vendors and don't plan to ever use them again so I guess I'm out $29.

Helpful answer

They are fraudsters sitting internationally completely having no physical existence all internet based and you can't complain to any one. Stay away from these buggers.

By Khalid S. on 8/3/15
Helpful answer

Have you contacted the customer service at Livingsocial.com? I have found them to be pretty responsive in the past. This is a seperate review site.

By Stephanie L. on 4/2/15
Helpful answer

There do seem to have been some financial problems with many of the deals from Living Social. But when I had a problem they answered the phone and it was dealt with quickly and the goods resent.

By Tony G. on 9/25/15
Helpful answer

me too i bought a voucher for a necklace and not recieved any confirmation but the money has come out of my bank account. I have bought from these before and never had this problem but i am worrying as i cant get through on the phone its dead!!

By hazel e. on 8/1/13
Helpful answer

Hello Brian, between Living Social and Groupon selling name brand items. I have never had a problem with either and you can always return things and get a full refund. Read all the fine print per item and for any services or purchases that you make because some have expiration dates on them as well. Each distributor differs. LS and Groupn are platform sites for other businesses to sell and get their info out there.They are just the platform. But to ease your mind I have had much success with any and all purchases from both sites with the ease of returning if I don't like it.

By mikel m. on 6/11/16
Helpful answer

Unreliable people to deal with

By Khalid S. on 8/11/15
Helpful answer

Never use living social - you should know by now they have a crooked business model. I live In the uk and it is a shame you sent these fraudsters from the USA to us

By Rakesh G. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

Normally a percentage. .....in my case all of the £99 I've paid living social. ..can't book hotel so presumably they just keep all of it. Can you imagine how many people they're doing this to around the world?

By William M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Hi cindy, you should try groupon instead. Its been proven reliable to me as compare to living social. There refund policy is swift and approachable. But yet again I can only tell you my experience as a customer with them, know nothing much about their relationship or policies with the vendors.

By DisappontedCustomer C. on 9/1/15
Helpful answer

rip me off once, shame on you rip me off twice, shame on me the item i purchased was completely misrepresented as to quality and material. I was supposed to be Stainless Steel and instead was a cheap chrome plated plastic piece of junk. I am trying to get a refund, we'll see. I don't accept their "Final Sale" out on something that is so dishonestly described. It is living social's responsibility to make sure that items sold on their website be accurately and honestly described. If not then they truly cannot be trusted.

By Michael D. on 11/3/16
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other customers.

9 Photos for LivingSocial