US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

tiffanyz3
7/21/16

many coupon to save money!

jessicac122
7/14/16

They do not answer the phone! They do not offer any help via email. You wait for an hour and 1 minute then you get disconnected. YOU WILL NOT GET REFUND - THEY SUCK!!

shirleyh86
7/13/16

They don't give u any information in your order how to return defective merchandise. Then there is no info on the Internet as to how to return your order. Then you are on hold forever to get a voucher to return defective merchandise. I've been on the phone on hold for over an hour. When u finally speak to a real person, they are very nice and apologize for the wait. I may never use Living Social again because of this.

joano14
7/12/16

Beware that hold times to speak to a customer service representative can be OVER AN HOUR and probably won't achieve the result you want anyways. After years of receiving excellent customer service from this company, I will no longer be doing business with them. I recently had an issue with one of the vouchers I purchased and spent over three hours on hold. The recording makes you believe the wait will be only a short while and then turns into 20 minutes, 30 minutes, then over an hour. I would imagine most people (like me) simply give up and try to call again later but later it's the same thing all over again. No good deal is ever worth the frustration with the "new" way this company is doing business.

abbym16
7/8/16

The only method to contact customer service is a phone number. After waiting an hour I was just dropped FOR THE SECOND TIME. I cannot get through. I am calling because my coupons never came that were supposed to arrive with my Costco membership. I did get through several months ago to discuss this issue and they said they would send them again, and nothing! I double checked and they have the correct address. I am horribly disappointed. I don't think I will use them again.

margaretc70
7/6/16

You call Living Social (no website address for questions or concerns) and are put on hold EVERY time! No less than 20 minutes. My belief is they do that in hopes that you will get frustrated and hang up, which is what I did earlier today. I'm just trying to get deal bucks as the time has lapsed for a refund. I was told I cannot because the vouchers show as used but were not. The company, Best Tours, cancelled that particular tour as they did not have enough participants but for whatever reason, still marked the vouchers as used. It's up to me to get in touch with Best Tours to have them relay the message to LS that the vouchers were not actually used. If I could possibly forward the cancellation email(s) sent to me from Best Tours to LS, that may solve the issue BUT there is no LS email address to do so. If I'm out the $140, I can live with that but I will not go down without a fight and without everyone knowing the less than satisfactory service I'm getting from Living Social! Thanks for listening!

Margaret C

annas164
7/6/16

I'm really disappointed. I've ordered two bracelets. I didn't get them. There is no email address to contact them to get the refund.

tinat43
7/5/16

Item was ordered in wrong color. There's no way to switch order online or email Living Social. Only option is to call. After 3 days of trying and waiting 3+ hours on the phone, I was told I would have to wait til the item ships and then return it. How does that make sense if the item hasn't shipped yet I have no idea but item will be returned and we will close our account. Never had problems like this with Groupon so they will now receive all of my business.

kikip1
7/2/16

This is like so many online shopping options, you can browse in peace and use the coupons on your phone. I had one horrible experience with a vendor and was thinking I just got hustled. I contacted Living Social and they were attentive, communicative and quick. In fact, the vendor was apparently so bad, Living Social issues me a straight refund instead of just credit to my account. That goes a long way to gaining my respect!

janices52
7/1/16

I ordered 3 pairs of earrings on 6/7/16 and received them about 10 days later. On the second wearing, one of the earrings came off the post. I have been trying to contact LS for two days to ask about a replacement. I sat on hold for nearly an hour yesterday before getting disconnected. I have looked all over their site for an email.

I'm not sure I'll ever order jewelry from them again, or anything else for that matter. The vouchers expire too quickly and now that I know what a nightmare it is to get customer service, I'm leery.

jamesc333
7/1/16

I saw a great deal in an email. I tried to purchase it over about four days but kept getting messages that payment processor was having a problem and to try later. I called customer service line on two days. Both days message said to expect a long wait (due to higher than normal activity) of 40 or 50 minutes (followed bt another one saying 5 minutes). I gave up after an hour yesterday (estimate 50 minutes), I am the other call (estimate 40 minutes (just passed 30 minutes). They have no email to send a complaint. I plan to send future offers to spam and delete. No deal is worth his much time or effort! Groupon is much easier to use.

bubbsp1
7/1/16

I buy many deals from here and have never been ripped off. The details in the descriptions are fairly accurate.

juakyr
7/1/16

while I been buying with out complain all have been running smoothly...
first, for few pounds you can't even bother to complain for what you order on this site,
second, you can't reviews the opinion of other shoppers and you are not allow to review your self... in other words: if you buy as for example a packet of 4 super luxury, super bouncy pillows for 9.99... you got to accept the word of living social that the description is true... and when they come around and they are not good even for my dog! well I guess you get what you pay for!! :-)
but that doesn't excuse living social on deliberately lying to us!
and finally third, when you got to many wrongs and call customer service they will take over a week to sort something out, they will ask pictures, emails even my granny age! to at the end computer always says it is your fault!
can be from they website has change (how that can be our fault?! well it is!), to the expire date, to flaws in their systems... and all this give and take over a week for a refund of 9,99 if any at all... is it worthy?? is it LivingSocial worthy???
I would say not.

hollyv4
6/27/16

I ordered a service where I was to get the link to a voucher. It did not come in my email. I called and held for 1 hour and 10 minutes. I then got a CSR that had not idea what she was doing. After putting me on hold several times she said the issue was I had multiple emails in the system. The second one she read off to me was not even an email. She finally said she had sent the link. Got the link but it is saying there is "an issue with this voucher #". It was copied and pasted over by their system. Now on the phone again for over 25 minutes. This is the worse internet experience I have ever had.

ljg1
6/25/16

this is an easy site to use and refunds easier, can transfer purchases to others really like it discounts on current events that usually charge more

williamf84
6/25/16

every experience is greatful

richbrim
6/24/16

I purchased a summer pass for my husband, kids and I . I had an email from the company stating that my vouchers had been received and redeemed. I went to get our cards printed today and enjoy a day at the pool. They had no record of my pass. My confirmation emails from Living Social disappeared. I tried to log into their website with my email address and it said that I did not have an account. Thankfully the company was very accommodating and issued my passes. They advised that Living Social had been taking customers money but not forwarding any money to them and not activating their deals as promised. Living Social is a SCAM!!

jenniferd124
6/23/16

I have purchased several items on here, I so far love everything and have had a GREAT experience with Living Social, I will continue buying from them!! :)

rudom1
6/21/16

I bought a voucher for home seal carpet cleaning and Wc was redeemed to book appt but service was not rendered. The company came to my house but job was not done. The menchant said to call living social for refund before he left my house coz he doesn't deal with money aspect of it. Instead of him being honest to say there would be no cash value back. Numerous back and forth but living social could not do anything besides call the company to see if he was willing to refund and answer was NO. I don't get it. Living social as the go between seller and buyer how can you not have the authority to resolve customer issue. Jus disappointed and will be closing my accounting.

johnp387
6/16/16

Hans at Battaglin-USA is misleading and unorganized. We ended up having a great experience but it was not without stress and hassle. Hans did not have us booked at the correct hotels on the correct days and he had us pay out 'bike rental fee' just days before the trip. We had already paid a surcharge on the coupon for cycling. Again, very misleading.

You can do this trip directly with little hassle by booking with Alessi Hotel in Lake Garda (ask for Bruno) and the Hotel Ferritti (ask for Cristina) in Rimini. They know the bike guides, etc.

Please put more of your hard earned money into the pockets of the people who actually provide you a service and make you feel good and important.

jasbinderk
6/7/16

I ordered a portable air conditioning unit from living social from a company called Ground level they said it would be delivered in 5 days time I contacted them after 2 weeks was told they are out of stock and would have new stock in 2 weeks still not received it it's been a month today so I phoned them after they looked into it they said they dispatched it 3 days ago the courier said its been damaged in transit and that they have more due in 10 days time I asked for a refund the woman I spoke to was very rude and slammed the phone down Don't buy from them

anthonyk53
6/1/16

Bought and paid for a mattress topper but I don't know how to redeem the voucher. Ground level no living social have been any help :-(

bethl26
5/27/16

I bought ink from ink farm.com over a month 1/2 ago.
I have been trying to order ink from them through their website.
To no avail!
I have written them and called them dozens of times. They have done nothing, except there usual nonsense emails that say how awesome of a customer they are.
Do not buy anything from ink farm.com.
I tried calling living social and cannot reach them. When you call and they say press number 4 don't get excited, there is no response.
Hopefully, living social can do a better job about purchased you make.
I usually don't have this problem. We'll see.

junet9
5/24/16

Ordered ink cartridges that don't work. Livng Social won't refund their part until I get the merchant to agree to a return. Merchant (Toner Selection in Canada) won't respond to emails or phone calls. Is a rip-off and no help from Livng Social.

dianet39
5/23/16

Very impressed with all the knowledge; and hard work that Ross and Omar had. They were very polite and got the job done. My carpets look awesome thanks to Ross and Omar.

40 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LivingSocial staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question