Review of LivingSocial

Tel: +1-877-521-4191
feedback@livingsocial.com

averyw12
6/16/18

Bought Dinner Cruise voucher tix as a Fathers Day gift for my hubby only to my horror we show up to the event and they tell us the vouchers are invalid. Had to spend full price not to mention the embarrassment. I called my credit card and reported this fraudster immediately. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, Local NYPD Community Representative, City Council etc. They picked the wrong person to scam!

johng1060
6/9/18

Purchased goods which apparently were lost in transit.For 4 weeks now there is no 'live chat' customer advisors available on website!!!!!!! I wanted a refund but was fobbed off at every level whenever I managed to contact them
Followed Living Social's guidelines by contacting company direct. Then received items that I had not ordered. To make matters worse from a company I did not purchase vouchers for. This company sell the same product via Amazon. Therefore, the original price must have been 'hiked up' for promotional purposes. Emailed Living Social umpteen times and opened a case against them on Revolver website. Living Social do not vet their merchants nor do they accept responsibility for redeeming of the voucher but they do accept your money. Long,arduous task to get a refund.

amya163
5/21/18

DO YOUR RESEARCH ON HIM BEFORE GOING FOR FILLERS. He is on RipOff Report. LivingSocial will NOT REFUND MY MONEY. 20 units of Botox. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE INJECTED ME WITH but it was NOT BOTOX!! NO RESULTS!!! I am not a complainer. I have gotten Botox before. How he hasn't lost his license is unreal to me. How LivingSocial & Groupon are allowing Fraudulent Doctors is so upsetting. IT IS A TOTAL SCAM! I've made Botox purchases before on these sites and everything went fine. Totally lost my trust! Now, I have to walk away happy that I didn't opt to buy more expensive fillers and eat even more money. The good reviews have to be fake. Or what? he scams a bunch of ppl then gives real fillers to others. Doubt it!!

scottn30
5/16/18

I purchased tickets to the fair where there are celebrity concerts. After I bought the tickets, they sent me an email notifying me they had updated the description to exclude the concerts. In this case they were re-branding a Groupon offer but without the Groupon customer service. Lesson learned: if they have a deal you are interested, search the web first for the source of the deal and buy direct instead of getting screwed.

melissar195
5/14/18

I attempted to reach out to Living Social due to I was unable to use a voucher for a party, but because my purchase was over a month prior Living Social was unwilling to help in at the minimum providing a credit on their website. Will not purchase from Living Social in the future will definitely stick with Groupon - Customer Service from Groupon supercedes / exceeds Living Social any day.

etam
4/22/18

LivingSocial has a 3-day refund policy. Unfortunately, you can't find it anywhere on their website except deep in their Terms of Service. I will never buy from these guys again. They chose to make $60.00 vs. keeping a customer. So now all of the businesses they "represent" will not get any visibility from me and anyone in my network if I can help it!

bh599
4/14/18

I bought a voucher for them a few years ago and was pleased, but I recently got two more vouchers from them and was unable to process them through the sellers' websites. With most companies this wouldn't be a big deal. But when I went back to LS for help, there is no link to contact the company directly. All they had was circular links through their FAQ. No direct email to a person, no phone number. Fortunately I'm only out $24, but I'll consider it a lesson learned. Sticking with Groupon from now on!

garryb27
2/23/18

I would never use it again since its TOO SLOW LOGISTIC. I ordered three products and I only received ONE after two weeks. And the left TWO are on the way. Dealsgo is also a hood new place to find amazon coupon code. It recently launched a CASH BACK shopping program where you can buy a product from its FREE OFFER and then it will return your cash back via gift card after you leave an honesty comment!

debbieh134
2/8/18

Purchased a membership for Sam's Club, spent months making phone calls trying to get a redemption code that actually worked. Sam's couldn't help because they said I needed the code from LivingSocial. Today I wasted more time making phone calls, ended up with a "customer service" agent in India who could barely speak English. Promised for the 3rd time that my case would be "escalated". All this to save $10? What a joke.

kathyc81
2/5/18

Quick to take the money from your bank account for a concert voucher....Then they lose the history of the purchase...Suddenly you must of used another email account to purchase the voucher....Total scam

pamelas170
1/29/18

"I ordered 10 (8) x (8) Canvas for &36.00. Great price, right? After purchasing the canvas pictures, you are then directed to import your pictures. After that, you are directed to proceed with your order, at which point I was given a $55.00 shipping Fee for (10) 8x8 canvas prints that weigh almost nothing.

They do have this in the Fine Print when you make your purchase, but I missed it. That said, you should have the option to cancel your order at that point but no, so I was stuck paying the shipping cost of $55.00 on a $36.00 purchase. Shame on me for not looking at the fine print. Hopefully this review will prevent this from happening to the next Unsuspecting Customer. "

I will say, that I received an email the next day from Living Social from Scott the owner, asking about our experience, so I called the 800 number he provided and a "Manager" by the name of Trevor answered the phone. I explained to him in great detail why I was calling and asked him about the email Scott had sent to me. I was sure that he did not understand why I was calling, so I read him the email and his response was the email was a "form" letter that comes from the Marketing department and he did not have knowledge of the letter/email or what it said.

I advised him that I had worked in Customer Service as a Supervisor for many years and when letters were sent to customers, the Customer Service representatives and of course Supervisors and Managers were fully aware of any and all letters being sent to customers. He had NO knowledge. This is concerning to me. In any event, I explained to him again that it was my fault for not reading the Fine Print, but In my defense, I had no reason to believe I would be paying $55.00 Shipping Charge and had no knowledge that Living Social and Groupon are now the same company.

So after I went over the email/letter with Trevor, the Manager and explained to him that I was upset that I wasn't able to cancel my order because of the outrageous Shipping Cost, he then advised me that he would refund 1/2 of the Shipping Cost, which of course I was happy about.

After all was said and done, I received a Follow Up email from Trevor, the Manager, and this is what the email stated:

"I wanted to let you know I have escalated your situation to our accounting department for quick resolution. You will be hearing from them via email within 2 business days.

Again, we are very sorry you don't love what we sent you, but we want to do all we can to make it right!"

What????? At that point I had not received the PRODUCT. I was calling about the Shipping Cost, not the PRODUCT. I guess this must be another Form Letter.

This was my first time ordering from Living Social and SimpleCanvas. I did receive the PRODUCT yesterday and it was very nice and exactly what I expected, but because of the Customer Service SimpleCanvas and Living Social provide, I will not be doing business with either company again.

As a point of reference, I had a very heavy Fish Tank and Hot Dog Machine shipped to my house at Christmas time; one from Petco and the other from Restaurant Depot and I was not charged ANY shipping fees (FREE SHIPPING). Both companies are very reputable. I asked Trevor if he would pay this Shipping Fee for what I purchased and he said yes. I responded by saying they use very light PINE WOOD to make these Canvas PIctures and last Christmas my son bought a large one for me from Walmart and it was shipped to him at NO CHARGE.

When I received the separate invoice from SimpleCanvas, the invoice stated $55,00, which does not state the $36.00 is gave LivingSocial. It appears that SimpleCanvas works with LivingSocial/Groupon, offers a REALLY GREAT DEAL OF $4.99 PER CANVAS, which LivingSocial/Groupon receive a cut and then SimpleCanvas charges astronomical Shipping Fees and this is how they make their money, not from the ACTUAL PRODUCT.

Again, this was my fault for not reading the reviews for Living Social, which are NOT good at all. Many (1) STAR REVIEWS, but I did want to submit this review, so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Pam Skorupski

kimr143
1/29/18

I have used social living a lot and always been ok with their service but last few months have been terrible service!! I haven't received goods at all... when i email no one gets back to me, when they do its with a case number and then nothing happens. I ordered xmas presents that still haven't came and I'm still waiting on refunds..

don't use them again... and use groups on wowcher because living social has been a total let down !!

deniseb170
1/23/18

placed an order in Nov. as a Christmas gift, after e-mail numerous times and not getting a reply . I have requested a refund. I wouldn't be holding my breath.
daylight robbers............
STAY WELL CLEAR!
I'm sorry I didn't check review before placing order.

johnk488
1/8/18

The Refund Policy on their printed voucher states that a refund will be given if the merchant goes out of business.
Our Voucher's merchant went out of business. We call LivingSocial and they said "NO REFUNDS." We said your policy states refunds for out of business. Customer Service said, "NO REFUNDS."
Do not use LivingSocial for any purchases!!

kaym82
12/26/17

Takes forever to get vouchers. Service reps are deceitful and trained to give general info to stall you into thinking they are handling your problem. Will Never enroll in anything under living social.

andrewm261
12/22/17

IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF THE DODGY COMPANY'S THEY DEAL WITH,,, NOW I KNOW WHY,,, DO NOT,REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING, TOTAL SCAM !!!!!

js398
12/17/17

This site is a complete scam. Dont waste your time with it. Bought an item with a voucher only to learn the vendor charges you an outrageously high shipping and handling charge to make up the difference in the voucher. I went back to LivingSocial and asked for a refund and they kindly told me to go screw. Stay away from this site.

maryb267
12/7/17

Despite the website promising a no quibble refund making the whole process sound easy it's Not! I've been trying to get a refund and it's proving difficult. I was new to the site. I purchased two items and only decided to keep one. I don't think I will use this website again.

evak34
12/5/17

Terrible service, very unhelpful and inconsiderate. Agents do not sympathise with people, have an attitude problem, very disappointing. I have been a customer for a long time and I will never use their service again.
There are other service providers on the market who provide much better service.
DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED!!

valerief32
12/4/17

I have previously purchased many deals on LivingSocial, but recently two paid for items never arrived - LivingSocial won't answer my emails. I will never use this website again :(

kristak14
11/25/17

I purchased a voucher for spa services through PayPal in Colorado Springs. The money was deducted from my account, I screen shot a picture of purchase and voucher, and I made an appointment. When I went to the appointment, the voucher was no where to be found so I had to pay out of pocket. I went on the website and it doesn't even show purchase of a voucher but they took my money. I have emailed and emailed again. There is not a way to talk to a person as far as I have found. I filed a claim through PayPal, but this site is bogus. I'm out $200 until I figure out what I can do. So, if you are considering a purchase from this site....I highly recommend you do not. Maybe saving some people money and stress can be my money's worth.

anthonya94
11/14/17

I bought a voucher for wheel alignment at Sears. I went to use it, but it said voucher had been redeemed. The store told me to call Living Social to get it resolved. When I tried to contact them, I could not find a phone number on there website, only email. I searched the web and found a couple numbers that said they were customer service at Living Social. When I called them, it was non existing numbers. When I emailed them, they responded back a couple of times, then blocked me from emailing them. I am in contact with my credit card to cancel the transaction. DO NOT BUY FROM ANYBODY THAT DOES NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT NUMBER. Living social is a scam!

derekd33
11/2/17

Purchased a Pure Gym 5 day pass, received initial email with voucher code from Living Social. I followed the link in the email, entered the code into their website, and was supposed to get a follow up email with the voucher code for the gym via email. Never received anything. Luckily this was not a lot of money, would not recommended this site. No response from Company when I tried to chase up.

llbl
10/19/17

Do Not purchase this livingsocial deal they are crooks. The e-movie voucher did not work and I repeatedly tried to contact the company and they did not reply. - Living Social should vet vendors before allowing them to use their site for business. Living Social should also not plea buyers beware, because enough of these fail deal could mean no more Living Social online business.

nenaghg
10/19/17

Okay so this isn't a review but I ordered a darci Michael kors watch last week and still no sign im living in ROI and am wondering if this is a hoax site

They are fraudsters sitting internationally completely having no physical existence all internet based and you can't complain to any one. Stay away from these buggers.

By Khalid S.

Have you contacted the customer service at Livingsocial.com? I have found them to be pretty responsive in the past. This is a seperate review site.

By Stephanie L.

There do seem to have been some financial problems with many of the deals from Living Social. But when I had a problem they answered the phone and it was dealt with quickly and the goods resent.

By Tony G.

me too i bought a voucher for a necklace and not recieved any confirmation but the money has come out of my bank account. I have bought from these before and never had this problem but i am worrying as i cant get through on the phone its dead!!

By hazel e.

I wouldn't buy anything!! Their customer service is really really bad. They won't refund you either. Watchdog have been involved with lots of complaints. Just google reviews and you won't go near!! Not sure who is giving good reviews here. Living social employees?!!

By Angela M.

Unreliable people to deal with

By Khalid S.

Never use living social - you should know by now they have a crooked business model. I live In the uk and it is a shame you sent these fraudsters from the USA to us

By Rakesh G.

Normally a percentage. .....in my case all of the £99 I've paid living social. ..can't book hotel so presumably they just keep all of it. Can you imagine how many people they're doing this to around the world?

By William M.

Hi cindy, you should try groupon instead. Its been proven reliable to me as compare to living social. There refund policy is swift and approachable. But yet again I can only tell you my experience as a customer with them, know nothing much about their relationship or policies with the vendors.

By DisappontedCustomer C.

rip me off once, shame on you rip me off twice, shame on me the item i purchased was completely misrepresented as to quality and material. I was supposed to be Stainless Steel and instead was a cheap chrome plated plastic piece of junk. I am trying to get a refund, we'll see. I don't accept their "Final Sale" out on something that is so dishonestly described. It is living social's responsibility to make sure that items sold on their website be accurately and honestly described. If not then they truly cannot be trusted.

By Michael D.
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other customers.

9 Photos for LivingSocial