Review of LivingSocial

Washington, DC 20005
feedback@livingsocial.com

debbieh134
2/8/18

Purchased a membership for Sam's Club, spent months making phone calls trying to get a redemption code that actually worked. Sam's couldn't help because they said I needed the code from LivingSocial. Today I wasted more time making phone calls, ended up with a "customer service" agent in India who could barely speak English. Promised for the 3rd time that my case would be "escalated". All this to save $10? What a joke.

kathyc81
2/5/18

Quick to take the money from your bank account for a concert voucher....Then they lose the history of the purchase...Suddenly you must of used another email account to purchase the voucher....Total scam

pamelas170
1/29/18

"I ordered 10 (8) x (8) Canvas for &36.00. Great price, right? After purchasing the canvas pictures, you are then directed to import your pictures. After that, you are directed to proceed with your order, at which point I was given a $55.00 shipping Fee for (10) 8x8 canvas prints that weigh almost nothing.

They do have this in the Fine Print when you make your purchase, but I missed it. That said, you should have the option to cancel your order at that point but no, so I was stuck paying the shipping cost of $55.00 on a $36.00 purchase. Shame on me for not looking at the fine print. Hopefully this review will prevent this from happening to the next Unsuspecting Customer. "

I will say, that I received an email the next day from Living Social from Scott the owner, asking about our experience, so I called the 800 number he provided and a "Manager" by the name of Trevor answered the phone. I explained to him in great detail why I was calling and asked him about the email Scott had sent to me. I was sure that he did not understand why I was calling, so I read him the email and his response was the email was a "form" letter that comes from the Marketing department and he did not have knowledge of the letter/email or what it said.

I advised him that I had worked in Customer Service as a Supervisor for many years and when letters were sent to customers, the Customer Service representatives and of course Supervisors and Managers were fully aware of any and all letters being sent to customers. He had NO knowledge. This is concerning to me. In any event, I explained to him again that it was my fault for not reading the Fine Print, but In my defense, I had no reason to believe I would be paying $55.00 Shipping Charge and had no knowledge that Living Social and Groupon are now the same company.

So after I went over the email/letter with Trevor, the Manager and explained to him that I was upset that I wasn't able to cancel my order because of the outrageous Shipping Cost, he then advised me that he would refund 1/2 of the Shipping Cost, which of course I was happy about.

After all was said and done, I received a Follow Up email from Trevor, the Manager, and this is what the email stated:

"I wanted to let you know I have escalated your situation to our accounting department for quick resolution. You will be hearing from them via email within 2 business days.

Again, we are very sorry you don't love what we sent you, but we want to do all we can to make it right!"

What????? At that point I had not received the PRODUCT. I was calling about the Shipping Cost, not the PRODUCT. I guess this must be another Form Letter.

This was my first time ordering from Living Social and SimpleCanvas. I did receive the PRODUCT yesterday and it was very nice and exactly what I expected, but because of the Customer Service SimpleCanvas and Living Social provide, I will not be doing business with either company again.

As a point of reference, I had a very heavy Fish Tank and Hot Dog Machine shipped to my house at Christmas time; one from Petco and the other from Restaurant Depot and I was not charged ANY shipping fees (FREE SHIPPING). Both companies are very reputable. I asked Trevor if he would pay this Shipping Fee for what I purchased and he said yes. I responded by saying they use very light PINE WOOD to make these Canvas PIctures and last Christmas my son bought a large one for me from Walmart and it was shipped to him at NO CHARGE.

When I received the separate invoice from SimpleCanvas, the invoice stated $55,00, which does not state the $36.00 is gave LivingSocial. It appears that SimpleCanvas works with LivingSocial/Groupon, offers a REALLY GREAT DEAL OF $4.99 PER CANVAS, which LivingSocial/Groupon receive a cut and then SimpleCanvas charges astronomical Shipping Fees and this is how they make their money, not from the ACTUAL PRODUCT.

Again, this was my fault for not reading the reviews for Living Social, which are NOT good at all. Many (1) STAR REVIEWS, but I did want to submit this review, so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Pam Skorupski

kimr143
1/29/18

I have used social living a lot and always been ok with their service but last few months have been terrible service!! I haven't received goods at all... when i email no one gets back to me, when they do its with a case number and then nothing happens. I ordered xmas presents that still haven't came and I'm still waiting on refunds..

don't use them again... and use groups on wowcher because living social has been a total let down !!

deniseb170
1/23/18

placed an order in Nov. as a Christmas gift, after e-mail numerous times and not getting a reply . I have requested a refund. I wouldn't be holding my breath.
daylight robbers............
STAY WELL CLEAR!
I'm sorry I didn't check review before placing order.

johnk488
1/8/18

The Refund Policy on their printed voucher states that a refund will be given if the merchant goes out of business.
Our Voucher's merchant went out of business. We call LivingSocial and they said "NO REFUNDS." We said your policy states refunds for out of business. Customer Service said, "NO REFUNDS."
Do not use LivingSocial for any purchases!!

kaym82
12/26/17

Takes forever to get vouchers. Service reps are deceitful and trained to give general info to stall you into thinking they are handling your problem. Will Never enroll in anything under living social.

andrewm261
12/22/17

IT IS VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT THIS COMPANY OR ANY OF THE DODGY COMPANY'S THEY DEAL WITH,,, NOW I KNOW WHY,,, DO NOT,REPEAT DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING, TOTAL SCAM !!!!!

js344
12/17/17

This site is a complete scam. Dont waste your time with it. Bought an item with a voucher only to learn the vendor charges you an outrageously high shipping and handling charge to make up the difference in the voucher. I went back to LivingSocial and asked for a refund and they kindly told me to go screw. Stay away from this site.

maryb267
12/7/17

Despite the website promising a no quibble refund making the whole process sound easy it's Not! I've been trying to get a refund and it's proving difficult. I was new to the site. I purchased two items and only decided to keep one. I don't think I will use this website again.

evak29
12/5/17

Terrible service, very unhelpful and inconsiderate. Agents do not sympathise with people, have an attitude problem, very disappointing. I have been a customer for a long time and I will never use their service again.
There are other service providers on the market who provide much better service.
DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMENDED!!

valerief32
12/4/17

I have previously purchased many deals on LivingSocial, but recently two paid for items never arrived - LivingSocial won't answer my emails. I will never use this website again :(

kristak14
11/25/17

I purchased a voucher for spa services through PayPal in Colorado Springs. The money was deducted from my account, I screen shot a picture of purchase and voucher, and I made an appointment. When I went to the appointment, the voucher was no where to be found so I had to pay out of pocket. I went on the website and it doesn't even show purchase of a voucher but they took my money. I have emailed and emailed again. There is not a way to talk to a person as far as I have found. I filed a claim through PayPal, but this site is bogus. I'm out $200 until I figure out what I can do. So, if you are considering a purchase from this site....I highly recommend you do not. Maybe saving some people money and stress can be my money's worth.

anthonya94
11/14/17

I bought a voucher for wheel alignment at Sears. I went to use it, but it said voucher had been redeemed. The store told me to call Living Social to get it resolved. When I tried to contact them, I could not find a phone number on there website, only email. I searched the web and found a couple numbers that said they were customer service at Living Social. When I called them, it was non existing numbers. When I emailed them, they responded back a couple of times, then blocked me from emailing them. I am in contact with my credit card to cancel the transaction. DO NOT BUY FROM ANYBODY THAT DOES NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT NUMBER. Living social is a scam!

derekd33
11/2/17

Purchased a Pure Gym 5 day pass, received initial email with voucher code from Living Social. I followed the link in the email, entered the code into their website, and was supposed to get a follow up email with the voucher code for the gym via email. Never received anything. Luckily this was not a lot of money, would not recommended this site. No response from Company when I tried to chase up.

llbl
10/19/17

Do Not purchase this livingsocial deal they are crooks. The e-movie voucher did not work and I repeatedly tried to contact the company and they did not reply. - Living Social should vet vendors before allowing them to use their site for business. Living Social should also not plea buyers beware, because enough of these fail deal could mean no more Living Social online business.

nenaghg
10/19/17

Okay so this isn't a review but I ordered a darci Michael kors watch last week and still no sign im living in ROI and am wondering if this is a hoax site

johnw731
10/18/17

I ordered a $#*! from living social and what they delivered was a very quality product. Thanks to much. I will continue to patronize you.

scotts287
9/7/17

I use to like shopping on their website but their customer service isn't as good as it use to be, however the still offer some good deals.

cindyv18
8/28/17

They used to be so much better. Their customer service is so poor. They must have certain buttons they push so they don't have to type anything. They might read one sentence and just guess at the problem and push a button, no brains at all!

jeaninep1
8/24/17

Do not buy the Living Social offer for the "Ultimate Date Night" as it is a scam. The movie tickets are not the problem. The $124 valued deal was advertised as if you could get two movie passes and a restaurant voucher for $100 that could be used on that ultimate date night when in fact the restaurant.com voucher only allows you to use portions of that $100 at various restaurants. The restaurant voucher can not be used on one night and is for inconveniently located second rate restaurants. So in reality you get a $100 credit on an ecard with restaurant.com but you can only use small amounts or that credit at one restaurant at a time. Some only let you use $5 of that credit when you spend say $15. The restaurant I chose only allowed use of $25 credit and I had to spend $50 to get that. So in effect you will have to fork over at least another $100 dollars at multiple restaurants in order to use the entire $100 credit on that card. My voucher was only for 60 days and I travel so getting to use that amount at various locations before expiration is a problem. In the past I have not had a problem getting a credit or refund from Living Social but they say I didn't read the fine print when the fact is that the fine print did not indicate that the voucher could not be used on that one "Ultimate Date NIGHT" as advertised. I have been a frequent user of Living Social but I will not use them in the future. This will be posted on several review sights.

edwardd45
7/25/17

Living Social customer service sucks! Update update to my prior scathing review for this awful company.

This company actually took money out of my account without my permission. I did not order anything and they took money out of my account!! I have been waiting for my $69.49 REFUND for two months and I have asked seven times! The so called 'customer service' managers (4 now!!) have promised but still no refund. THEN THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY TOOK $22.99 out of my account and has not refunded it!

Do NOT BUY FRIM THIS LOUSY COMPANY! They ys a Philippines Call Center and that place is worthless.

Tip for consumers: Don't! Run away! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE UNETHICAL PEOPLE

ryanl73
7/13/17

I order an item and paid for it, 3 weeks later and I have still not received it I have contacted then numerous times for an update and have not once had a reply I would advise that not a single person uses this as a company as it's a complete scam

carolinec63
7/4/17

After purchasing my voucher on Living Social I was keen to book my appointment, I tried calling but no answered or returned my call. I sent a text requesting an appointment on a Saturday as I work full time only to receive a text message back saying the voucher was only valid between Monday - Friday. There is no mention of this on the advertisement and in fact states that they are open 6 days per week and states there open hours on the bottom of the advertisement. I wouldn't have bothered purchasing this voucher if I had known that it was not usable on a Saturday. They are misleading people in to purchasing this voucher by not stating the full T&C of the voucher. I sent several message to "FACE" but had no response to any of my messages which in my eye is bad customer service. I contact living Social and explained the issue and they were very helpful and refunded me in full.

Tip for consumers: Check the availability before purchasing any vouchers. Some adverts are misleading.....

rg80
6/26/17

I purchased a 90 minute Chicago architectural tour through LivingSocial and Eventbrite on May 17, 2017. It is now June 26 and the August date that I require is not yet available. August dates will not even be posted until (by) July 15. That is 2 months after purchase and I have no confidence that my date will even be available. In addition, I cannot plan anything else for that date because I don't know what time the cruise can be booked, if at all.

I have contacted Eventbrite and they referred me back to LivingSocial. LivingSocial refuses to do anything because the purchase from Eventbrite is non-refundable. Seriously? I can't book it and I can't get my money back.

Steer clear. Run.

They are fraudsters sitting internationally completely having no physical existence all internet based and you can't complain to any one. Stay away from these buggers.

By Khalid S., LivingSocial Representative

Have you contacted the customer service at Livingsocial.com? I have found them to be pretty responsive in the past. This is a seperate review site.

By Stephanie L., LivingSocial Representative

There do seem to have been some financial problems with many of the deals from Living Social. But when I had a problem they answered the phone and it was dealt with quickly and the goods resent.

By Tony G., LivingSocial Representative

me too i bought a voucher for a necklace and not recieved any confirmation but the money has come out of my bank account. I have bought from these before and never had this problem but i am worrying as i cant get through on the phone its dead!!

By hazel e., LivingSocial Representative

I wouldn't buy anything!! Their customer service is really really bad. They won't refund you either. Watchdog have been involved with lots of complaints. Just google reviews and you won't go near!! Not sure who is giving good reviews here. Living social employees?!!

By Angela M., LivingSocial Representative

Unreliable people to deal with

By Khalid S., LivingSocial Representative

Never use living social - you should know by now they have a crooked business model. I live In the uk and it is a shame you sent these fraudsters from the USA to us

By Rakesh G., LivingSocial Representative

Normally a percentage. .....in my case all of the £99 I've paid living social. ..can't book hotel so presumably they just keep all of it. Can you imagine how many people they're doing this to around the world?

By William M., LivingSocial Representative

Hi cindy, you should try groupon instead. Its been proven reliable to me as compare to living social. There refund policy is swift and approachable. But yet again I can only tell you my experience as a customer with them, know nothing much about their relationship or policies with the vendors.

By DisappontedCustomer C., LivingSocial Representative

rip me off once, shame on you rip me off twice, shame on me the item i purchased was completely misrepresented as to quality and material. I was supposed to be Stainless Steel and instead was a cheap chrome plated plastic piece of junk. I am trying to get a refund, we'll see. I don't accept their "Final Sale" out on something that is so dishonestly described. It is living social's responsibility to make sure that items sold on their website be accurately and honestly described. If not then they truly cannot be trusted.

By Michael D., LivingSocial Representative
Questions? Get answers from the LivingSocial staff and other customers.

9 Photos for LivingSocial