US Government’s NSF

785 Castro St #C
Mountain View, CA 94041, USA

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

If you have a problem they make you go through a LONG email process and then you are lucky to get your credits back.
NEVER BUY CREDITS! You will not get your money back for WEEKS!
Moist sellers sell garbage or items you can buy on EBAY for $1- $5
Awful experience.
Sellers sell fake jewelry and list as Sterling.
Nobody researches their items
I DO NOT recommend this site to anyone

Terrible cannot contact customer service re return policy

I sold many items and I have 9.731.200 credit all the items that I sold and I had paying all shipping for seller and listia never pay my credit. My alert is for buyer that want to sell on listia "be careful they never pay for you.

Ive been on a few months. I offer free shipping because people dont bid much.of they have to pay for shipping. I use to watch the videos giving me 40 credits but now they quit giving me.credits.for that and then tried finding other free credits that wouldn't spam my phone like games downloaded or stores and would complete and no credits given. When we go in the minus cause we pay for shipping then try and get some free its not fair that we dont get them. When we want to lost for more.credits then listia takes so many which should be lowered. I pay for shipping and want more free videos or something like the slideshows that wont harass my phone or if i download and check.out a game for.2000 credits id like to.get it
Overall have loved it and a blast.

credits are not worthy what used be in 2012- 2014 $1=1000 f*ck you listia bring back the old site.
won: $2,750 gifts cards and electronics.
lost $324.00
my last day i scammed $450.00 worth gift cards and my account suspended till now.
$2,750+$450 you do the math.

Was good to begin,but customer service is lacking.have someone that is harassing me and customer service will not let me fill out a ticket.

Just this week they removed 3 of my listings because I only listed one of each per listing. They wanted 5 or more in each listing but my experience has proved that a multi item listing does not earn enough credits to cover the cost of the item and the shipping. It was the 3rd time I've been reprimanded and the second time they removed my listings. They should also allow a reserve. Debra H. said it used to be fun and I agree, but not anymore. Mostly Chinese listings with no free shipping.

I've been on Listia for three years now. At first, I sold and bought a lot of stuff. Then the pro sellers got on and prices started to get crazy. Now, it seems it is only professional sellers and everyone is charging outrageous shipping prices. You can't afford to bid on anything if you are only a part-time player.

When I started on Listia at least a couple of years ago, credits were I believe worth about $1= 1000 credits, and they were fairly stable for quite a while. I really haven't followed it very closely recently, but I believe the inflation started about a year ago and now is just out of control. I just checked the going rate on 5/10/16, they are now going for $1=9100 credits. So my approx. 25000 credits instead of being worth about $25 are now worth approx. $2.75.
Management does not seem to care and just keeps on issuing more credits in different ways, so I see no end in site for this hyperinflation.

I got stuck with my credits, I bought some to purchase something, won the item. Seller did not ship or respond to me. Although at the time Listia refunded for some of my purchased credits I had to keep some. They will not refund anymore for purchased credits even if sellers don't complete sale.

Stay far away, very far away unless you plan on using your credits very quickly.

Feel scammed by both Listia (who allowed this to be published) and TrialPay. I did an offer which said, word for word, "confirms instantly'' to get bonus credits.
Wow, THIS surely did not happen. I am now getting the runaround from TrialPay, asking for screen shots of my computer to prove I made the transaction.
the words confirms instantly is completely fraudulent!

So first off, the stupid surveys never work! Only rarely am I able to get full points, or any points in that matter. The surveys always ask for personal info like emails and addresses. Even phone numbers sometimes! I have been scammed on credits as well. Some survey options say that all you have to do is enter your email and credits will be rewarded. Well guess what, I have done that and haven't gotten the credits but instead I have gotten tons of spam emails from thoes so called surveys! It's far to difficult to get credits because of the stupid surveys and app downloads. They should just have all video stuff so all you have to do is watch an add or whatever and earn credits! It's pissing me off! Not to mention the fact that they keep expired surveys up so when you click it, it doesn't work and they should just give you the credits anyway because it's no fair advertising that you will get credits if you do this survey or this slide show thing but they don't even work!

Credit to dollar ratio sucks, good luck even getting credits back on your shipping cost! I'm done selling until the credits comeback down! Ever since they instituted the sell your credit, the ratio has been going up. My guess is the power sellers sell their items in large chunk, turn around and set their credits for sale at a stupid ratio like 8500 to the dollar. But listia does not care they take 20% of the money you make from selling your credits. Hell even Ebay does not take 20% common already!

PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE READY TO BAN TOGETHER TO FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST LISTIA.COM .. THEY HAVE TECHNICALLY STOLEN FROM ME.. i just opened a account paid for credits and they banned it saying i had a previous account which i did not and i just shipped out $200 worth of items to people and they are refusing to do anything about it.. WILL BE POSTING THIS EVERY WHERE..i have a cousin who is a lawyer in california and will be contacting him. would like to get as many people together on this as possible to ban together to take action against this company who is stealing and ripping us off..

*They reinstated my account but i still have to figure out how to deal with the negative feedback's i received items people did and didnt get since i had to have usps intercept the two packages that hadnt been delivered yet.. and all the credits i didnt get and peopel still recieved their items....all because of this mess... *sighs* such a pain

I JUST BOUGHT 100.00 IN CREDITS AND MY ACCOUNT WAS AGAIN SUSPENDED RIGHT AFTER! SO YES IT IS BECAUSE OF ME BUYING THE CREDITS. THIS IS BULL CRAP. I'M MISSING OUT ON AUCTIONS RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I CAN'T BID! I have reopened my case since it was just closed today because, that's how long it took listia to get back to me after I opened the case 3 days ago. I'm sorry to be like this but, Im really mad. What's the point of having all these credits if I cant use them when I want too?

Review from 4-8-16
Please fix my account have spent hundreds of dollars buying credits so I could make sure I was the winner of this auction a seller claimed the higher the bids went the more the seller would add. So I since I didn't have enough credits I bought them through there system that they have no where in the rules that you will be suspended for buying from them. Errrrr. But I just wanted to win the auction and I did but now I have a ton of extra credits that I can't even spend. I have opened a case and I really hope they reply soon and take that off or refund my purchases.

They want you to start liking it and get you in. You start getting bigger then its like they do not like that so they pick on you. You voice your complain they either ban you or delete your account or the basic saying you need to read our rules. Your rules are bull$#*!. You say invite people to your site. They do not want people you know on it oh because they thinking you screwing the system if you sell to friend in another state that you know in real life. They call that fueling credits back and worth what $#*! if your friend saw on your page it already has bids on it so they bid on you get in trouble because it someone you know wins it. Come on this bull $#*! don't even get me started on the same house or even same IP addresse because in there eyes that is fraud they committing that by allowing little prove to there support tickets they chose there ruling. I have seen people rip a pic off goggle and say that was the prove list is rules with them. Going back IP address thing. So you telling me oh you can't live with anyone you know that is on listia with you. That is great way to $#*! the people screw people out credits. Shut down my account just because I expose your dirty little secrets to the world have at it I don't care now. Because I'm done with drama that is like we back in high school or worse there little kids on here that sell there drawing they supposedly draw when you can tell they rip it off online to just get credits. Talk about the credits price man oh man one day it can be 5k next can be 10 k for just a $ worth. It crazy I have since more then once or twice even more three times 1$ amazon gift card go for way more then it worth I mean 5 times it worth I'm like what the $#*!. Its like this school of scammer teaching them how to. Ya I have got things and all but since I got big its like almost everyday I'm getting some backlash some $#*! that is $#*! up that I did not do and I try to prove it they think oh no she or he is no good so let's side with other side. People will claim don't get stuff when you know you have sent it and have tracking. You say to listia you never got it 99% of time they return your credits with no asking for prove so then the seller is screw over even if they did send it can prove it with tracking . So the winner gets credits and the idem.Listia does not care if you get screwed over if they think what they did is right they will call you all kinds names and give you ban for it. Talk bad about them they ban you for good its like school I tell you

I spent a lot of time doing surveys and I never got all of my credits!!!!! like 1/6 of them.
Also I commented on a pair of bluetooth headphones saying I'm 13 would they fit me...

I was bidding on 6 items that is WOULD HAVE WON!!!

5 stars well done if not...

I like the site, I've been selling bitcoins here now for a while. Though I still am a bit suspicious about the waiting list to sell my credits... How long does this even take normally???

They state they make things fair for everyone. Well they havent they state no rude or personal comments on feedback or on the auctions, well it happens anyways. I have screenshots of where people have been rude and disrespectful and then listia admins not doing anything about it. Even with the credits, but thats another subject. I say that the fact that they are biast and unjust unfair and well just plain rude. Now also my father has an account and has listed a 1978 s error penny thats not in circulation only for collections. But he clearly stated that it was not for use only for the collections. Well listia has threatened him if he listed again that he would be banned permanently. What should you guys do about this? Does this sound fair to you no it dont. The bbb should make this rating an f in my opinion. Due to all the scams.

i paid 50 dollars for credits and then right after they suspended my account and i told them to give me my money back or un suspend my account but they just ignored me and didn't help at all.

I started using Listia 3 years ago, and I've seen everything there is to see on the website. I also experimented quite a bit with the many features of the website, and have come to the conclusion that while some of the "negative" reviews on here are a result of people not reading rules or understanding how the website works, the majority of the negative reviews are a result of the poor customer service and scams promoted by the website.

I'll break down the positive and the negative for all interested in the site, and I am indeed covering everything as I have perceived it, so pay attention:

The Positive:
1. You can sell old belongings on the website and retain their value in the form of a website-only currency that allows you to essentially trade for other old belongings that may interest you more.
2. The format for listing auctions and their rules is fairly simple, and runs smoothly.

The Negative:
1. "Listia's Tom F.": His job is to essentially dismiss the wrongdoings of the company and make those who have had problems look like they were mistaken, or had lied in order to end up in whatever bad situation they did. That's my perception as a result of the way I have observed his handling of the many complaints issued here.

For example, one user claimed it took 3 weeks for Listia to respond to a support ticket. Listia Tom responded aggressively by saying that they "certainly do not respond in x amount of weeks", therefore calling the individual a liar. Interestingly enough, however, many including myself have had issues with support tickets not being paid attention or dealt with for weeks on end by Listia. It is a real problem, but to anyone new Tom's commentary makes it sound like that would never happen, when in fact it does.

Not only this, but when new users have had issues regarding signup or having their accounts randomly banned, he has been intentionally unhelpful, often saying "well, if something happened it was definitely your fault" despite the fact that I have a friend whose account was banned without reason. (It took this friend nearly a month to finally get into contact with Listia and get his account back, and even they couldn't provide explanation for why it had been banned, as there was no reason cited in their logs. So yes, Tom, it does happen.)

And Tom? Good customer service acknowledges wrongdoings and promises to resolve them! You, however, attempt to demerit or cover them up.

In addition to this, interestingly enough, a day after a friend of mine posted a negative review of Listia, a new passive aggressive review was written by a random new user here for 5 stars- and the details of the review made fun of everything my friend had said in his review.
This suggests Listia had written the review itself to negate the bad experience and boost the star rating on Sitejabber.
(And I'm sure Tom will claim none of the above is true, and attempt to have my review removed for pointing out the fact that he openly attacked a user's credibility and lied.)

2. While the basic functions of Listia are enjoyable, there is a lot of bad to be said about the concept of the "credit" currency not retaining any actual monetary value. While it is stated on Listia's legal terms that credits do not hold real monetary value, the basis of the website (essentially SELLING objects with REAL monetary value) negates this fact. Listia tries to hide behind possible responsibility for monetary loss by making this statement, but by law anything traded for currency has physical "value" beyond that of "Credits".
Not to mention the fact that regardless of ALL of that, all objects still hold PERSONAL value to an individual.
3. The online "value" of credits changes constantly. I know this concept is hard for people to understand, so I will explain; You sell an item, people win it by bidding with their "credits". You earn the credits after they receive the item. So for example, say you sold a DVD for 25,000 credits. That seems like quite a bit at the time, as Listia will be selling 25,000 credits for something along the lines of $20. However, the very next day Listia will instead sell 25,000 credits for $10. Now, your credits have become undervalued. You didn't truly make $20, because it was reduced to $10. While this doesn't immediately sound like it would have an impact on you, consider this: Now, more credits are worth less. So your measly 25000 will not allow you to bid on something you may have been able to win before, because now people can obtain exponentially higher amounts of credits for less money. A toy goes from being worth 25k to being "worth" 50k as a result of the inflation.

4. Little kids and scammers are running amok on this website, and unfortunately, this simply is NOT considered a professional website, so bullying, death threats, and scams are rather commonplace for a "common" user. I'm sure many will tell me that it's your own responsibility to not bid on "too good to be true" auctions, and to ignore nasty commentary and threats, and I am aware of the issue, but many others are not. Listia Moderators will make comments on some of the scam auctions, but never have them removed despite the fact that pictures and information regarding the auction are all obviously stolen from other websites. They might ask for a scammer to add another photo with their username next to the item they are claiming to sell, but they wont remove the auction even when the user becomes threatening or makes it obvious they are attempting to scam others. In addition to this, while warnings may be given to bullies (individuals making offensive comments on other auctions, or individuals threatening people to send them something "or else") I have yet to see these people every actually banned from the site.
5. The purpose of Listia SHOULD be and WAS to get rid of used items, but unfortunately many are using it to make profit off of others now instead. For example, one woman has been auctioning off "human hair" based wigs that are supposedly worth $300 new... But if you do a quick "search image with Google", you can find the same wig (that is proven to NOT be human hair, and NOT be valuable) for $10 on with free shipping. In other words, these individuals are intentionally deceptive because they want to make a profit off of those who believe Listia is competent enough not to allow people to sell knockoffs.In addition to this, there are numerous others clogging up the Listings page with knockoff technology like supposed iPhones and iPads from China. It is more than evident that they are scams, and yet? Despite many users notifying Listia, the sellers continue to sell the illegally branded technology on the website.

6. Let's stick to that point for a moment- the objects being sold on Listia. One user claimed earlier that inappropriate / dangerous objects are being sold much more often on Listia as of late. They even cited Nazi memorabilia, in addition to KKK rallying gear, cigars, certain illegal knives, and guns that are SUPPOSEDLY BB Guns, despite this point being completely unverified. In addition to this, MANY fake purses, pirated videogames, pirated movies, and other miscellaneous technology is being circulated on the website. Listia has a number of these items banned, and yet, yes, I and many others have seen them sold on the website without moderators removing them or warning the sellers! Not only this, but we as honest users have REPORTED fake items and Listia has NEVER addressed such auctions. So some are making the equivalent of a few hundreds dollars in credits off of random bags they stuck a fake label to... Tom, you can't tell a review here that it doesn't happen if they saw it themselves!

7. Listia does NOT protect it's users from potentially mentally ill, disturbed or troubled individuals. A particular user has been wrecking havoc on the website, scamming everyone she buys from by claiming that everything she receives is broken for nearly EVERY transaction, and making fun of, threatening to hurt and "ruin" users she interacts with. The most she has received is a month ban, but she's up and at her cruel shenanigans day after day regardless. Look up HippeeMama and look at her Buyer's feedback... And Listia, if you care at all, look at this woman's message logs! She is dangerous!
8. The surveys and free downloads Listia promotes to earn credits are all scams! And they LIE about them being scams, too! Other users have complained here regarding this issue, and Listia Tom's first responses were that they were either lying or mistaken, if you go far back into the first 20 reviews. Yet... how can they be lying or mistaken when I've found a way to prove they're not?

For the hell of it, I created an email account to use when all of the surveys and free downloads promoted by Listia in exchange for credits asked for it.
Now, years later checking this email, scam and spam emails still roll in from "Russian Women looking for a Rich Boyfriend", a fake Amazon email spelled AMAZ0N with a 0 instead telling me my account has been hacked into, and various Dental Implant, Burial Insurance, scam Car Insurance and Viagra ads.
Not to mention the fact that EVERY email that contacts me from a supposed corporation is from scammers pretending to be the corporation, and furthermore, the emails have viruses attached to them! And finally... the free downloads are all credit card info-stealing Trojans! They will claim to be Sports toolbars or special programs that allow you to customize your Internet Browser, but as of now I have found nearly every one to be a malicious type of spyware. The worst I encountered was a keylogger, and the fact that Listia has been made aware of this time and time again and has not stopped working with the "companies" they do to promote this spyware suggests Listia is indeed an operation based on fraudulent "business", rather than respectable/reputable business.

If you dont believe me, feel free to look at the accompanying screenshot of the emails I received as a result of signing up for Listia's promoted surveys and downloads.The email account was specifically made to sign up for anything Listia promoted me (surveys, downloads, drawingss coupons, sample organizations) in exchange for credits, so nothing there is something I encountered/obtained elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Don't try this out without a lot of caution and common sense in hand.

I like Listia. The people there are great but I can't get any credits from the surveys. And they never answer me when I tell them straight up that they won't answer it. I'm tryin to get some cool stuff for my family. That will give them something for there birthdays. I got a couple of stuff coming in. The people there is good. But listia wont give me credits for my surveys. Ive spent hours on those surveys. If those surveys were given me credits. I would have had this ps3 that my poor aunt wanted given to her. Please address Listia. That they need to give me some credits that i deserved.

Tip for consumers: Make sure to try to talk to them about doing surveys.

Listia is nothing but scammers i listed and thw person who won saying they were not paying the shipping this happing two more times after that same thing person won item and didnt want the.item and wanted there credits back the.stuip listia said i had two account when i only had one and my brother had one and they deleted my account with 25,000 credits. I have also won items and the people never sent the items

Listia is a great service ive been with them almost 3 years now with a couple of minor issues with buyers now the Fill out trusted surveys section and free games for the PC are bad the surveys are normally you putting in personal information and getting nothing some are very long the free downloads are dangerous with spyware adware and viruses i have all of these from the free downloads section best items to sell are coins and mp3 devices like apple and android Good Luck on Listia

I don't know if there is a feature that outbids another bidder automatically, but everytime I bid on something 1 guy would outbid me every time eg. i bid 150 He'll bid 160, and the annoying things about this is its only one person/account who is automatically outbidding me. I'm not winning even a single bidding bc of this

I'm so sick of people putting up auctions and then DO NOT SHIP THE ITEM!! It use to be 3 days before you were refunded,now it's 5 DAYS?? Just idiotic to post an auction then turn around and DON'T ship the item having buyers credits sitting in LIMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After a seller having a HISTORY of doing the same negative thing OVER and over,why isn't there account SHUT DOWN?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

43 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Listia staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 8/1/16
A: Funneling Credits means that you were making new account and using those account to buy bogus auctions from your main account.
3 weeks, 6 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
on 7/29/16
A: I don't get what you are asking exactly.
3 weeks, 6 days ago