US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sheilar2

The first customer service rep i talked to said he wasn't able to refund my money. (in 32 reviews)

williamf21

I work as a concierge and marketer at Hotel Maison De Ville. (in 75 reviews)

audreys

It scours a ton of travel sites to deliver optimal combinations of itineraries and low prices in an easy-to-use display. (in 10 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bernardot5
6/28/16

I've used Kayak a few times to get me somewhere. The first time was when I was traveling to San Diego for a marketing conference. I got the flight through them while I ended up staying at the hotel on a deal I got for being at the conference. Other websites would've cost me around an extra $200 for the whole thing.

Another time I actually managed to save $800 by getting my hotel, car, and air travel through them. I compared this around getting directly from the companies I was purchasing from as well as a couple of those other sites I see on television. There has been one time when they weren't the cheapest, but given that it was a smaller airline, I can't really blame them.

donnay6
6/23/16

I searched the site for two hours before finding multiple flights that would work. When I went to book I was led to Delta website where I was told the price could not be met! What a huge waste of time. STAY AWAY!

isajob
6/21/16

My husband and I travel frequently locally and internationally, for work and for fun. Since he owns his business, he shops for the best routes and fares on Kayak. Kayak is the best place to narrow down the choices to 2 or 3 airlines by routes, by dates. Of course we check our frequent flyer airline first, but that is often not the best value fare overall or not the fastest routes.

dereko11
6/18/16

This is a helpful flights search tool as it helps to compare the fares of different companies. But making payments on the site was somewhat a challenge for me. The card was rejected a couple of times and I couldn't find a way to contact someone so they could help me out.

allaa2
5/30/16

I literally end up booking all my flight via Kayak. I've tried many: expedia, skyscanner, opodo, last minute and etc - but every time prices on Kayak are better and they have some great search options, allowing you to quickly compare and book your flight. Highly recommend it.

susank70
5/23/16

My husband bought a flight ticket from Kayak.com. We waited till the next day without receiving a confirmation, receipt, itinerary, anything etc...nothing. I found two methods to contact them. Both were useless without having the information we needed from the confirmation. The bank showed two tickets were booked, but did not show by whom because the ticket(s?) were pending till the day before the flight. I finally called the airline and they were able to provide us with my husbands itinerary, receipt, etc..that Kayak.com should have provided us to begin with. Never! Ever! Again, will I waste my time with this search site.

fredericks33
5/16/16

Kayak always come handy when you want to book for hotels. They make the entire process very easy and flexible.

terriev
5/3/16

Great comparisons. They do provide what comparisons one is looking for but many times other sites make less expensive options available.

andrews179
4/29/16

Kayak has become my go-to site to find airline prices. Very quick and efficient!

theag4

3/29/16

very efficient

smileyf1
3/19/16

I have used this website to find hotel deal quite a few times and have never had a problem. It compares many companies that don't always show up on other sites and I found some good deals. Never had a problem, no complaints here, will use again and recommend.

toms209
3/16/16

not going to use it because of all the Spotify ads. Going with expedia

frankt48
3/11/16

I bot an hotel via this site and when I arrived the hotel was not even close to what the pictures shown in the web site.
I called and they said they couldn't verify my card, which doesn't make sense as my card was already charged. I asked for my money back and they said at least 5 buisness days. I believe that they could sell the room for more so they cancelled my trip 3 days before. Then I had to rebook with the hotel and it was double the price. When I called to ask questions I was hung up on 3 times and when I finally talked to the manager he kept saying I need to talk to my bank. I asked why the money was off my card if they couldn't verify it. He kept saying I need to talk to my back. I said he needed to answer the question but never did.

bassema1
2/28/16

good

alexc113
2/11/16

I bought a hotel for all star weekend 3 days before my trip after my credit card was charged they sent me a email saying it was cancelled. I called and they said they couldn't verify my card, which doesn't make sense as my card was already charged. I asked for my money back and they said at least 5 buisness days. I believe that they could sell the room for more so they cancelled my trip 3 days before. Then I had to rebook with the hotel and it was double the price. When I called to ask questions I was hung up on 3 times and when I finally talked to the manager he kept saying I need to talk to my bank. I asked why the money was off my card if they couldn't verify it. He kept saying I need to talk to my back. I said he needed to answer the question and he replied with. I don't have a answer for that. I wasted a hour of my day on hold with them and I am waisting more time Reviewing them. Horrible buisness. Do support them ! Don't stand beside wack. We as consumers have the power to take down any corporation!

catherinem37
1/31/16

Just to warn you that this is the worst service ever. They do not have any responsibility for nothing. My husband bought a ticket fly using this website and suddenly he ended up booking with the company directly which is American Airlines and they didn't give any confirmation of this transaction. We thought that it was not a purchase made cause we haven't been charged so we bought the same flight ticket from American Airlines to Flight Hub where it went well..then 5 days after we found the charges that we made using Kayak and when you go through its privacy terms, there is no way to get a refund. We spoke to American Airlines cause we have double ticket flights and they say we can't get a refund cause is a non refundable ticket. We explained to them the issue and we didn't receive any notification from them but AA say that they only can give us credit for 2 years, what the heck!..Very disapointed of both Kayak and AA , they have the worst service ever and I won't buy any tickets from them even though they say they are the cheapest..Be aware !!!

briannew1
1/27/16

been traveling for months and kayak always had the best to offer, most especially the hotels. Cool!

ml63
1/27/16

I have never found a good deal on here... when I go straight to the hotel or airline sites... they are offering the same deals! So, why give them a chance to screw up my reservations? !

oliviaw13
1/19/16

I like combining searching for cheapest tickets with other websites. Sometimes they do find the cheapest options, but most time they don't

miket113
1/18/16

Sometimes I find the lowest prices here and sometimes I do not. I use it as one of many sources to check for travel prices. Do not limit yourself to just using Kayak.

sauda5
1/6/16

Most sites tells the cost info with margin, but this site tell me right information.
That good. Also good experience

lewisr6
1/4/16

Don't list all airlines, e.g. Southwest. Also fares sometimes appear more comparable than they are because some carriers (such as Spirit and Frontier) have additional charges, like luggage, which aren't mentioned.

artf14
1/1/16

Kayak works with a Vayama.com. Their performance in helping me rebook a canceled flight was below average.

justint42
1,588 helpful votes
12/24/15

Kayak is the best. For flight searches - simply unbeatable. The user experience is simple and powerful.

193 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Kayak staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6/29/12
Answer
mariom3
A: I did a direct search to the actual airline sites, and I found a flight cheaper than 100 bucks , so is it just me or does kayak only list flights up to 100 bucks and up ?
4/19/12
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Kayak staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Kayak