Review of Groupon

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kellyk92
4/30/17

I recently purchased a Groupon and when I went to redeem the code (minutes after purchasing), it was invalid. I contacted both the company and Groupon. The company stated that they were not offering that deal and did not have that product. They told me Groupon would have to issue a refund. I contacted Groupon again and, several emails later, they informed me that I would not be getting a refund, but that I could offer the invalid code for the nonexistent product to a friend as a gift. Hmmmm.... Groupon just lost a customer!

nancyw133
4/30/17

I am having trouble using a Groupon I purchased. The merchant has no tours this month. Groupon would not give me a refund and the rep only gave generic responses. Very disappointing. Won't use it again

deniset48
4/28/17

Bought a groupon and had trouble redeeming it. Groupon would not give me my money back! Don't buy from them, they don't stand behind their sales. After you buy it, they don't care what happens.

agra1
4/28/17

Merchant did not honor the voucher after I purchased it and I tried to connect with Groupon Customer Service four times over a period of 3 months and I was always asked to wait for a response. They kept on telling me that someone will reach out to me but finally nothing happened and I deactivated my account.

nancyh159
4/27/17

I bought a Groupon for Jiffy Lube location. That location will not service my car because my "car does not have a dip stick". Other Jiffy Lube locations within 25 miles will not take Groupon. Groupon always "escalating" my complain and request for refund. Groupon then denies refund due to past threes since purchase. Always tells me to transfer this Groupon to someone else. No one wants this Groupon! I will never use Groupon again.

farahe3
4/26/17

for two services which I bought through Groupon, one, the tree service, has never got back to me after four or five time calling them and giving them all my information, the other one, roof wash, has given me a very high estimate. I called Groupon to cancel my purchases, but they wouldn't give me my money back.
For the tree service which, I have never heard back from them, Groupon is going to give me a goroupon voucher and not giving my money back, and for roof wash they would give anything back, as they claimed cause is past 3 days.

bd50
4/26/17

Purchased a deal from Groupon, when we went to use it we found out that we needed to pay an additional $272 to use the @159 voucher. When called customer service they said there was nothing they could (would) do about it and I could not get a refund or credit Trevor, the supervisor was of no help!

kimh185
4/25/17

When I tried to question them on a deal, they closed my account, and my family's account without any reason to. My family have separate accounts, and somehow they looked into the other accounts and closed it stating they can't use the same cc #, and totally closed their account. Even when they had other cc, groupon would not work and they closed all the accounts. This is the worst company ever! Never heard of such a thing. Luckily I just recently started using them and also printed out my vouchers, so I didn't lose too much, but imagine if I didn't. Totally ridiculous company!

kyles93
4/25/17

I had to fight with groupon to get a refund on a purchase, and after speaking with numerous representatives, they offered me "Groupon Bucks". Which is money they give you to put right back into Groupon. However, you only have 24 hours to use this money, and after that it is gone. They emailed me to tell me the Groupon Bucks were in my account, which I didn't see until the Groupon Bucks were already gone. First of all, why would you expect me to instantly see an email, which by the way was sent to my junk mail (which I know see why, Groupon is junk) and why would you only give someone 24 hours to spend money on something from your company? It just amazes me how a billion dollar corporation can be so greedy. I even spoke with manager, who instead of being helpful, treated me like an idiot and did nothing to resolve the issue. I would not recommend using Groupon to anyone, because they are a selfish and greedy corporation who does not care about their customers.

jeffl83
4/24/17

Beware the fine print, it's very easy to buy a Groupon and be unable to use it. Their customer support gives generic responses, or claims they have no power whatsoever to issue refunds (why do they exist, then?). They wasted a huge amount of my time. Was it a glitch in their system that sold me a "local deal" that was only applicable 3,000 miles away? I'll never know, and they'll never admit it or do ONE SINGLE THING to make it up to me. Useless, form-letter replies from customer support. Every time I think about it, it makes my blood boil. Stay away unless you're VERY CAREFUL, and don't mind getting burned occasionally.

celynv
4/24/17

I have an issue with a Groupon purchase, needed to speak to them but they will not return my calls, respond to email, after no responses I no longer wanted find out what my options were I just wanted out! So I tried Live Chat. This was the Live Chat. They ended it with no response!! "Santini K] Thank you for contacting Groupon. My name is Santini K
[Santini K] How may i assist you today regarding this order?
[Celyn ] This paper has no Sunday weekly adds, no local news or events, no local movie listings. Nothing that pertains to this area! I assumed it would have a local section in it and weekly store ads for our area since they deliver it to this area. I would like to cancel and receive a refund.
[Santini K] Please wait a minute or two while I pull up your account.
[Celyn ] Thank you
[Santini K] Thank you for waiting.
The operator has ended the chat. Thanks for contacting us.

andrec29
4/23/17

Thanks for your non assistance
I'm forwarding this on to other sites for people to be aware of the fraudulent practices
I was already aware of reading the comments regarding final sales
I've purchased many items on Groupon this is a defective item if it 6 years past the expiration date
Shame on you to hide behind such a disservice to customers and the consumer that wants to purchase a valued product
Selling expired products beyond 6 yrs expiration will certainly be reported to the Better Business Bureau
As well as other social media sites

Andre Cartier

Sent from my iPhone
Do Not Purchase colognes or perfumes from Groupon dba Perfumearth they are fakes or some are 6 years beyond their experartion datesThanks for your non assistance
I was already aware of reading the comments regarding final sales
As well as other social media sites

Andre Cartier

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 23, 2017, at 4:04 PM, Groupon Customer Support <support@groupon.com> wrote:

Write Your Reply Above

Your Support Question for Perfumearth (Request: 58818579)

Kannan G, Apr 23, 3:04 PM CDT:
Hi Andre,

I'm very sorry for the trouble.

Unfortunately, books, beauty products (excluding electronics), undergarments, perishable items, any items marked "final sale," and items that have been worn are nonrefundable and may not be returned. You can find this information in our Return Policy at http://gr.pn/1XEi4uF, and in the Fine Print on the purchase page for this Groupon at https://www.groupon.com/deals/gs-gentleman-by-givenchy-3-3oz-100ml-edt-spray-for-men

Of course, if your item was damaged prior to delivery, please reach out to the third-party merchant who originally sold this item as they are responsible for the fulfillment, delivery, and quality of your order.

Here's how you contact the merchant directly:
When you purchased this item, you received a "Thank you for your purchase" email
Log into your email account and pull up this emailmake sure you're looking at the email account tied to your Groupon account
Click "View Order Details"this takes you to the item's order page
From there, click the Contact Merchant button

If you've already taken the those steps and the merchant hasn't responded within 48 hours, please let us know! We'll be happy to reach out to the merchant on your behalf. We'll need your ticket number, which you can find using the above steps. The ticket number is located under the Tickets tab on the order page for your item.

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Kannan G
Groupon Customer Support

This email is a service from Groupon.
[NE2Q5K-ML89]

sarandiss
4/23/17

50 % of the stuff i am buying from group on are absolutely rubbish and i end up paying more money than i am saving.......... obviously groupon does nothing about it!!!

lesliew16
4/23/17

Groupon may have good deals, but its not worth the hassle when there is a problem. Customer service is most clearly outsourced outside the U.S. and not readily available. Good luck trying to find a phone number to call. My account was hacked and 3 purchases made all at once. The tracking information was suspicious (the items were shipped before the fraudulent purchases were made). When I contacted them by Live Chat and email, their first response was, "Are you sure someone else you know didn't make these purchases on your account, from an international location?" Uhhh no. What I find most disturbing is that I hadn't signed onto Groupon in over 2 years and yet my credit card information was still stored on my account without requiring some type of security measure or verification of CVV code. I had also moved so you would think it would require the entire credit card information to be reentered like most reputable websites. For these reasons, I would advise consumers to not use Groupon - your credit card is at risk. I was able to catch the purchases before they posted, but I still had to cancel my credit card, what a headache. And beyond frustrating to feel like you are being blamed by Groupon. Research them - thousands of people have had this same problem and Groupon won't admit any wrongdoing when clearing they have a security issue.

jens332
4/23/17

Horrific customer service, items are NOT authentic, everything is brand-name-unknown. Oh and be ready to return everything.

cindys140
4/22/17

Very dishonest company. I bought a voucher and couldn't reach that company for a week to book my trip. I contact groupon, they gave me live chat that ignore my issue and just told me they couldn't refund because it's over 3 days. That was it. Then I receive many emails back and forth with them... same thing.. no refund after 3 days policy. I never claim or book using the voucher and that company out of reach.. probably never know they have this deal. They are selling empty promise that never work. And then refuse to give back the money or even credit. Nothing back. It's a scam. Beware!

mos655
4/22/17

Can't resolve issues on a timely manner requiring split of effort and time in customer 's part to follow up . Even if the issue is due to business not customer factors.

lisec4
4/22/17

I bought a groupon just a few weeks ago, for a place called Kids Quarterz. Took the kids yesterday afternoon and the door is locked, a messy hand-written note is taped to the door they are closed, and there is notice on the door by the landlord that they haven't paid the rent. I notified groupon yesterday. Today there is still a groupon for sale to Kids Quarterz and so far it has sold nearly $26,000 in groupons! Haven't heard back yet on my request for a refund.

aliciab43
4/21/17

I purchased Sophie la Girafe from Groupon fee weeks ago and it is FAKE!!!! I sent email to Grouping asked about this issue they told me to contact the merchant by myself since item sold by third party. So I tried to contact that merchant (Haute Gifts)but I haven't heard anything from them. I asked Grouping again and only answer I have heard from Grouping is if there is any update they will let me know. I just want my money back. It s ridiculous that they let third party selling FAKE items. Better do not buy anything from them because when anything happens they don't take any responsibility.

christinap62
4/21/17

Groupon provides poor services especially when it comes to giving refunds. I purchased a groupon worth $180 and was unable to print the voucher or contact the business owner. Groupon takes no responsibility on what they post on their website and end up eating up our money. This is the second time I have had issues with groupon. I will not be using their services again!

kimberleyl3
4/20/17

It appears the only good coupons offered are only available in the States. Canadian ones are maybe 50 cents off

shwethad
4/20/17

I bought a deal on Groupon and have been expressing my concern on the experience I had with them, so that it does not occur to other who buy the deal. NO one from customer support bothers reaching out to me despite my repeated messages. I later tried calling them and explaining all the hassles that I went through. The representative said that the matter will be escalated and I will hear back. Its been 4 days and no one has bothered getting back on the issue. I have emails, screenshots as PROOF.

Tip for consumers: IF you buy VOUCHERS and have a bad experience GROUPON DOES NOT CARE A DAMN AND WILL NOT help you. I did not want to use the voucher but had no choice as GROUPON NEVER GOT BACK

ariell54
4/19/17

I ordered some headphones on Groupon. They we're charged on my credit card so I assume the order went through. After 4 days, didn't received any shipping confirmation email so I email their customer service. They told me they never received my order. Each time I received an email, it was from a different person. It's very confusing. They asked me lots of question about the product, my account, etc. Never they asked me if I would prefer tonne reimbursed. I will never purchase from them again!

janas14
4/19/17

I purchased a luggage set using a coupon, left the country on a 3 week trip, and when i returned the item was not here. Called Groupon and they said Paypal never authorized the payment. Called Paypal and they said Groupon cancelled the order. I called Groupon again and spoke with someone different and he told me their "system" cancelled the order. He could not give me a reason why. I was never sent an email telling me it was cancelled and for what reason. I told the gentleman i was never ordering anything else from them and would write a bad review.....Who's running this company?? BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T

andreac121
4/18/17

This is poor service on the merchant part, they haven't created any contact. This item is rated a 1 because it doesn't work at all and it's suppose to be solar friendly. I still haven't received a refund either.

Ticket Discussion
POST MESSAGE
3 minutes ago
There is still no return label.
4 minutes ago
It's been 5 days and still no response! Why?

5 days ago
This item doesn't work at all. The item will not charge, it's been charging over 20 hours, the light will not cut on either. The packaging was messed up look used when I received it.

Ticket Opened Apr 14, 2017 at 05:24 AM UTC
Return: Defective / Broken
Ticket Products
Preview Description SKU Price Qty Total
Portable Window Solar Charger For Tablets and Smartphones - Green Portable Window Solar Charger For Tablets and Smartphones - Green
Color: Green
89033GRN $24.95 1 $24.95

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

112 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 2/4/16
on 4/11/15
on 8/5/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

29 Photos for Groupon