US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dalee16
11/12/16

GroupOn's C.S. has massively improved, but they still take your credit after 6 months. I challenge this practice. the credit is there because a supplier they provided could not deliver the sold goods. So my money was paid, my money was credited back, and then MY MONEY was taken by GroupOn because I couldn't find anything I wanted to purchase on their site in 6 months !

johnl400
11/10/16

Terrible food, gave me food poisoning.

frankw82
11/10/16

Would recommend. Made me attend some places I would never decide to go to.

markm308

A+++

cindym124
11/10/16

Groupon has the best deals in everything from restaurants, spas, events, clothes, goods & simply everything at discounts that are usually at least 50% off so you can't beat that!? :-)

anastasiaa1
11/8/16

everything comes on time and usually god quality depending what you buy. the Italian silver is wonderful wear them daily even in the shower.

melindat1
11/8/16

Looking for an unbeatable deal on massage therapy and thought I found it on Groupon. I mistakenly believed BodyWork Boutique had a location very near my home yet I couldn't verify this until I purchased the $49 Groupon (sneaky, sneaky) and upon doing so, of course discovered I had to make a 40 mile round trip drive to the OTHER location. 40 miles? for a MASSAGE? Not this girl, not when there are therapists galore within a 5 mile radius of my home. Naturally after wasting too much time figuring all this out, Groupon was already in possession of my $49 and was in no hurry to give me a refund. They gaily informed me I have a $49 Groupon Bucks credit to use for another fabulous Groupon deal but this isn't what I wanted. I wanted the $49 credited back to my credit card and made my desire quite clear only no one seemed to be listening. Like I was speaking Greek when I asked for my money back. Having no other choice but to pick up the phone and call them-- e-mails were getting me nowhere-- I had to Google Groupon's customer service phone number as it is impossible to find it on their website. Of course they were closed but did manage to have a live chat with one of their reps. She also was delighted to inform me I had $49 in Groupon Bucks to put toward another amazing Groupon deal. I was beginning to feel I was in the internet Twilight Zone and told her-- AGAIN, IN PLAIN ENGLISH--that I didn't WANT Groupon Bucks, that I'd never use Groupon again! She finally seemed to comprehend and told me in 3-10 business days I'd have a refund to my credit card. This statement always baffles me-- how they get my money in less than 10 minutes but how it takes up to 10 BUSINESS DAYS to get my money back! Very unpleasant, disappointing first experience with this sneaky site, will never use it again and I advise others to beware, beware, beware.

missyk6
11/7/16

I have used groupon for years, spent thousands. I had a dispute and was dealing with rude customer service agents who deactivated my account instead of resolving the issue. According to Stephen K. It is their right at anytime.. so be warned paid for and unused groupons are unattainable. They deactivated with no warning. Their customer service held against me reasons as I wanted a refund for a business that has closed their doors before the Groupon expired. They have lost a loyal customer and Groupon gift giver, I will make sure everyone I know and deal with deactivates and deletes Groupon before they are treated in the same manner.

peggys46
11/7/16

Purchased a groupon deal for auto detailing. Called the company to learn that it was not a working phone number. Found a second possible phone number online, but no answer.

Have a live chat with Groupon to say I wanted my money back. They offered a credit. That was okay until I learned that the credit was only good for 24 hours.

Advice: If you buy on Groupon at all, check out the company first.

markg138
11/7/16

Groupon has some great deals.
Although generally you can get similar deals from Wowcher and other coupon providers.
Of course you buy a voucher and so if you have problem with the service or product, that's really between you and the provider as I have found out on a couple of occasions.

The biggest problem is their lack of acknowledgement when something goes wrong.
Last week someone was able to use my Groupon account to gift 11 coupons worth almost £600 from my account and the thief was able to redeem one of the vouchers the same day. These were charged immediately to my credit card.

Now although during a 2 hour chat, their representative Weronika, was able to cancel the vouchers which hadn't been redeemed, it was still hours of my working day and I wonder what would have happened had I been on holiday?

I would advise that anyone that uses Groupon do not link a credit card to your account as it was charged straight to my credit card and took a fair while to refund, during which my credit card could have been settled and I could have been made overdrawn at my bank.

My biggest concern is that Groupon haven't kept any of their promises to get back to me to a: re-assure me it won't happen again and b: Explain to me why their security was so lax in the first place.
I have now been locked out of my account and I can't reset the password.

Hence my biggest concern is that this was an internal mis-use, they don't want to share the information about what happened and they are covering up for someone. In short the company has poor security and processes that could cost their users dearly.

hoper11
11/6/16

I love using Groupon. It's very beneficial around the holidays when I am shopping for multiple people. They have discount specials from time to time as well, which makes purchasing groupons even more cost-effective.

irfanm2
11/6/16

Thanks groupon to save my lots money by giving best deals....

barbarah133
11/5/16

Nuf said...Groupon is where you find the best bargains.

cleor18
11/5/16

We purchased 4 ticket vouchers for Blue Man Group in Boston for my son's 13th birthday. He got a stomach bug and so we couldn't go. We desperately tried to change the dates through both groupon and Ticketmaster. Groupon said Ticketmaster would have to handle the exchange since they were already paid by groupon when the order was processed and ticketmaster said Groupon was the only one who could handle the exchange. There was no resolution and we lost $228 and my son did not get his Birthday present. I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone back and forth between the two organizations. I do not recommend using groupon for any events! It is obvious that both organizations are thriving on the mis fortune of their patrons.

tassb
11/3/16

I used to like it but these days most deals are like "never was $50, now $30". Tried some massage a few times, but couldn't get the deal completed and had to cancel and get a refund.
So maybe it's still good for someone, just not for me.

jadwigab
11/2/16

The earrings I just received (on tenth working day) are not even close to the picture on Groupon website. Very, very cheap looking, shoddy product!

aliceinw
11/1/16

Not once have I been able to get this to work. A total waste of time and energy for me. I would rather clip coupons or use competitor ads.

tomg105
10/30/16

I purchased a camera bundle two times from groupon with the web site identifying Beach Camera as the seller.Each time the package did not include the camera body. Shoddy shipping. Groupon had no control over the purchase and it takes 15 + days to get credit applied back to card.

trudys4
10/30/16

I used to like this company but their return policy if awful. You have to speak to a supervisor and beg for your money back if you make a mistake and purchase something you don't want. I much prefer to shop at Living Social because their return policy is awesome.

dynab
10/29/16

Beware what you purchase

sheilag20
10/23/16

I'm assuming Groupon purchased ideeli to be rid of competition...not a smart move for 45mil. I'll just shop Hautelook/Nordstrom Rack, and Amazon fashions. The items on Groupon don't compare to what was offered by the company ideeli. The same items are offered of the other two sites, plus more Goodbye Groupon/ideel

angell63
10/22/16

I ordered 5 TV trays from Groupon, I'm in jersey and my order was delivered to Kentucky, costumer service said they gave me bad tracking info, it would be delivered the next day but a week later still no delivery

holliem26
10/22/16

I have purchased a few digital deals on Groupon with no issues like the $10 for $20 Starbucks & Target deals etc. Because those are just digital deals & once you get the deal you just apply it to your Starbucks or Target accounts, those kinds of deals have been great.

However, I just made my first actual purchase of an item when I saw that they offered it significantly lower than other sites. Even with the $3.99 shipping it was cheaper than Amazon where I have Prime free shipping. So if I had actually gotten the items in the deal, it would have been a good one. The deal I ordered was supposed to contain 2 items. I only received one of them. So it was missing half the order.

First of all, it took me forever to find their customer service email! I clicked on contact customer service on my actual order & sent an email that way only to get it bounced back as a fail. I found another email on their site & again, that email address came back as message failure. OMG. I finally googled their customer service email & found it that way & finally got a response. That's not ok. Groupon needs to have the correct emails & messaging systems in place. It shouldn't take 20 minutes to find their correct flippin email.

The response I finally got was that they can't send me the missing item in my order. Huh?! They can only do one of two things. They'll give me a credit for the missing item that was way lower than the missing item cost so now I have to fight with them over the amount of the credit should I choose that option. The 2nd option is return it for a full refund but they told me they don't even know if that's an option?!? I looked all through the fine print of my order & I can't find out if I can return it for a full refund or not! Good lord! So I sent an email asking for clarification of the return policies & if I were to choose the credit option, they need to give me more for it because they only offered me a few dollars for the credit of a $15 item. Ughhhh. No response & it's been 24 hrs since I sent it.

This experience with buying my first (and ONLY) product on Groupon was NOT worth it. I'll definitely be sticking with Amazon & Target who have excellent policies & customer service.

Just stick with their digital deals & stay away from buying any actual products from them.

noemic4
10/21/16

I use Groupon site often, for restaurant, beauty farm, spa and resort , extreme sport experience, is very good the price and the offer that you can find close to you . Is a Clever site and right way to discount your money.

jessicap111
10/21/16

They sent me the wrong size on an item that I ordered. Invoice clearly stated the correct size, but the item was wrong. They refuse to exchange the item. They want me to send it back for refund and wait 14 days for my money back while re-ordering the item and paying a 2nd time. Ridiculous! This was not stated in the fine print. I triple checked. I am NOT happy at all.

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

101 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question