US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jeaniew1

I contacted Groupon customer service and they refunded me by giving me Groupon bucks. (in 499 reviews)

angela334

I also got confirmation email that they received my return & my $$ had been credited back to my credit card. (in 98 reviews)

sandrao3

But i just bought a Body Shop groupon 2 weeks ago and it expires on Dec 31st. (in 56 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

evam50
6/28/16

Groupon never disappoints. I've ordered everything on the site: from hotel rooms to gym passes and even clothes, I don't think there's anything I haven't tried.

It's not always exciting stuff, but when it is, it's absolutely worth it.

The key to Groupon is to only buy during sales. I've had deals where it was so reduced it was almost given away. True, some establishments will give you the 'Groupon treatment', but who cares? It's a fun way to discover new companies at a reduced price.

shellyj15
6/28/16

I ordered a dog bed from one of their retailers. It was to be shipped to my work. After not receiving it 5 days after the tracking said it was in route, I found out it had been returned to Groupon. I called customer service and their solution was to just refund my money. I still wanted the dog bed! I'm not thrilled with their resolution, considering it was never an option to send a new one, overnight one, nothing. Needless to say I won't be ordering products off of here any longer. Amazon has never had this issue with delivery to the very same address.

josephk66
6/28/16

Groupon used to be a really big thing. While I was in college I would hear a lot of people discussing it. A lot of people claimed to save a lot of money, so I figured "why not?" It was really great around 2013. However, I just cannot really find anything interesting on there. It has really fallen off from what it had been and I just don't find much value there at this point. It's almost like most local businesses have abandoned it.

vickyl18
6/27/16

I have ordered, reluctantly, from this company and believe it if not, I received all that I purchased in a timely manner. All items were just as advertised. I was very pleased!

gregt36
6/26/16

They do not honor all rain checks so be ware.

ashlynt1
6/25/16

Groupon is the best!! Always has the best deals, easy to use/find, and has a wide variety of groupons to choose from. Customer service is the best as well! Always a great experience.

ljg1
6/25/16

returns or refunds are easy and they offer gift cards you can use onsite if you don't want to use your personal credit card

nixg1
6/25/16

I purchase a drone and it came to my with two of the four propellers not working and the camra did not work. So I asked for a refund, now I am in an email battle with their so call customer support. They keep sending me to the murchant who has been unresponsive! I think group is the murchant and they should refund my purchase, if they want to represent bad bussness that is their issue, I want a refund and should be able to get it since the product does not function.... Bad bad bad service

williamf84
6/24/16

poor quality merchants

tamaras26
6/24/16

First I have to admit Groupon does offer some great LOCAL deals. Just be sure when considering a deal on an item, Google it first. Many times I have found the item cheaper online. Now for Groupons Getaways, I CAN NOT warn you enough! Make sure you not only thoroughly read but PRINT every word that's on the ad & fine print, I thoroughly read it but didn't print it and found myself paying an outrageous deposit fee at check-in, in addition to the Daily Resort fees & taxes I had already paid. The hotel stated it was because I had booked through a 3rd party. I called Groupon & the customer service agent was very rude and assured me it was in the fine print and I should go back to the ad & review. I tried. The ad was no longer posted and the info on my purchase which is in your MY GROUPON setting had no info either. Once you use your Groupon, you will get a message pop up asking you if you'd like to leave feedback. Ironically, every time I try to click on the link I continually get an error message stating the site that I am trying to access is unavailable at this time. Anyway, after all monies paid, my "deal" was not so much a good deal.

tracyh89
6/23/16

Good

eldhosej
6/23/16

Can't even get a singe star for groupon deals. They will con you till your money is drained out. Purchased a hotel deal in batam for $178 & in the fine print it was written includes 2 people and 69% discount with free return ferry ticket & land transport. When checked in agoda, it was $155 for 2 people without return ferry ticket & land transport. So booked it. At the end when the voucher was sent to the batam hotel reservation, they said it's only valid for 1 person & need 1 more voucher of $178. Meaning we have to spend $178 + $178 = $256 for 2 people whereas agoda was offering it for just $155 for 2 persons. When asked to return the money, they said it will take 7-10 working days which is bull$#*! till i pester them again. Then they credited it to the groupon "My credits" so that i can use it again in future. They cheated me with fraud deals at first & some more wants to hold on to my money to make them business in future. #bewaregroupon #fraudgroupondeals #cheatinggroupon #cheatingcasegroupon #fraudulentgroupon #batamgroupon #Turibeachresortgroupon #Turibeachresortbatam #grouponbatamstay

josephe28

Once bitten, twice shy

dbm2
6/22/16

They couldn't do something as simple as refund a carpet cleaning when we couldn't get a hold of anyone to make an appointment. Groupon customer service decided on their own to refund the funds into an inactive account, obviously without my approval. Don't ask for a supervisor, they don't give a sh* either! Thanks Ambily S, Jen and Kris... For a whole lot of nothing!!

ajh6
6/22/16

Who knows..sometimes the price cheaper in Groupon

normat9
6/22/16

I purchased a carpet cleaning deal from Atlantic Oceans Carpet Cleaning on Groupon. They did a terrible job! Carpet looked like it had hardly been cleaned. Called Atlantic Carpet and was spoken to very rudely by the owner. He cut me off and informed me he was with his son at a doctors appointment. What? Am I not calling you on your business phone???? I told him his tech was in and out in less than 30 minutes and the carpet cleaning looked it!! I used a wet washcloth on some of the stains he missed and easily got them out. This owner, however, was not interested in what I had to say. He told me to call him back the next morning. I don't think so...if you speak that rudely to all of your customers I don't think you will get ANY repeat business. Going to a reputable carpet cleaning service that knows how to clean carpet and offer good customer service. I intend to share with all of my friends my experience with this crummy company!

leahd15
6/21/16

Groupon will rob you of hours of your life if you have a problem. I bought Nutra System but the coupon I purchased was expired after purchase. I called Groupon and was told there was a 2 HOUR WAIT TO TALK TO A REPRESENTATIVE. I actually hung on for 2 hours to be told that the coupon was active and to reactivate. The coupon was not active so I called my credit card company to report not receiving goods paid for. After several months, the credit card company said Groupon had activated the coupon. After several more attempts I gave up and paid the bill. DID NOT WANT TO BE ON HOLD FOR 2 MORE HOURS. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!AND A SCAM!!!!

patricem5
6/20/16

excellent

lynettec8
6/19/16

Groupon is the best place to get savings on vacations, restaurants, spa treatments, events, and attractions.

gauravj2
6/19/16

I ordered a car seat and got a tracking number from Groupon. The shipment never proceeded the 'Label created' stage.
Groupon guys keep on telling me that they cannot track the order status if it has been shipped neither they can guarantee the delivery and it upto the carrier to deliver it. Ridiculous!

Carrier told me that they have not received the item from Groupon to Ship.

geoffs12
6/18/16

The chance to buy a pre-loved item at a great price.

gemmaf3
6/18/16

I ordered a Isofix car seat on the 10th of June. On the 14th, they emailed me saying the product had been shipped and supplied me with a tracking number through the delivery company Hermes. On the 16th, the tracking link they supplied me with, still wasn't working. I went on Hermes World, tracked the parcel, finally worked!! But not for my postcode!!! Contacted Hermes and they confirmed the tracking number did not match my address. So I called Groupon, to only speak to the rudest, most unhelpful woman ever. Who continued to tell me it was coming to my address, and even confirmed the tracking number more than once. (Even though I knew something wasn't right!) I contacted Hermes again and thankgod I finally spoke to someone who went that extra mile and found my parcel... Groupon had been supplying me with the wrong tracking number since day 1. When the parcel finally arrived, the box was damaged. Overall I am very happy with the car seat, but the stress and nuisance of this purchase and the crap customer service, has made me choose to never buy through Groupon again! Wowcher all the way!!!

jaym159
6/17/16

I ordered a mattress through Groupon on June 4th in which they estimated 6-11 days for delivery which was also sent to me in an email. After I got a phone call on June 16th to schedule delivery I found out that the earliest it could be delivered to my house would be July 11th which is very far outside the quoted 6-11 days for delivery. At this time I tried to negotiate an earlier delivery or even myself picking up the mattress at the nearby facility. They could not get me an earlier delivery or give me an answer as to see if I can pick it up locally. I therefore called Groupon customer service to discuss a cancellation and refund of the order as they could not deliver in the specified timeframe. They kept going back to there policy of only being able to cancel orders WITHIN 2 HOURS OF PURCHASE?!?! After two conversations with the supervisor AINA, I was finally left with no resolution and had to contact my credit card provider to dispute the charges. I recently purchased a home and myself and my girlfriend have been sleeping on a pull out couch ANXIOUSLY waiting to sleep on this wonderful bed that we hoped to have soon. Looks as if we will be purchasing elsewhere and have wasted weeks with restless sleep as we waited for contact for possible delivery. Groupon was one of my favorite sites before this issue with their customer service, delivery process and refund policy. Additionally I would like to make a comment to the fact that I believe Groupon changed there FINE PRINT on this particular item from 12 business days to 3-4 weeks after my purchase and/or complaint and tried to use that as a possible scapegoat. I have the email originally sent to me showing the estimated 6-11 days.

pamelal42
6/17/16

As merchants we have been trying to get answers about our account which have been unanswered for almost a week. Our payout amount is incorrect. Make sure as merchants you watch that account. If I could give this a negative rating I would!! Worst customer service and worst experience ever!!!

alis822
6/16/16

Excellent platform

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

95 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question