Review of Groupon

sysadmin@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

seyedh1
8/1/17

they have worst customer service ever, never got my refund next day of the event.
customer service was keep on asking me I can't help and is there anything else i can help you with, which is sucks.

scottc139
8/1/17

Bought an airport parking voucher and after many attempts at reserving online, I was told by the lot that it wasn't possible with my Groupon. And sure enough, it was there in the fine print (my bad). By the time I learned this, it was two days past the three-day refund deadline and after 30 minutes of searching for refund info on Groupon, I was online chatting with a person (or bot) who showed no mercy. So sad when a business is pennywise and pound foolish. Groupon lost my business with this one.

amyh178
8/1/17

I just got back from vacation and several places were either closed or seats were sold out for shows. Groupon says "oh well". One customer service rep even told me that the only way they would even consider a refund is if the merchant called and told them they would not honor it. What? Yeah right like the merchants are going to take their time and do that.
It just is not worth the horrible way that you are treated by Groupon. I have found it really is not worth it because the savings are not that much and can often be found online and you do not have to worry about a "no refund policy"

richardp186
8/1/17

Ordered 2 pair of swim trunks, 1 pair was listed at $8.00, the 2nd pair listed as free when you pay for shipping. My bill total was $15.23, plus $5.99 shipping. I received order and got one pair of swim trunks. The invoice showing 2 pair disappeared. The pair I received came from China and quality wise, probably worth $2.00. Please be careful ordering from Groupon goods. There is no live customer service to speak of. Stay away from Groupon!

Tip for consumers: My tip is go elsewhere. Don't shop groupon.

haydeef1
8/1/17

I want to use Groupon, all my customers told me about it and they are very happy of the deals they can get via Groupon.

paula1168
8/1/17

I was purchasing a deal when the request to receive the groupon app appeared, causing me to have to reverse a page to find the payment page. No confirmation had appeared in my mail as to the purchase so I clicked on pay again. I was then charged for two of the same product, two sets of tickets for my wife and I to the same event on the same day. When I explained the clerical error to the service rep, then the escalated rep, I was given an electronic shrug and told that all sales are final. Shameful customer service. Clearly, this is a group that preys on and hopes for errors like this. Good bye Groupon.

Additionally, I had gone to Groupon first as the deal should always be lower than that offered by the retailer. It turns out the deal from the retailer was an equal or better price for several reasons.

brianh229
7/31/17

Purchased a groupon for a smog check on 7/25. Went to get the test done today on 7/31 and the shop said the machine is broken and had no clue when it would be fixed. Could be in an hour or a week. Needing to get my car registered I certainly dont have time to play games with this place. Talked to 3 different representatives on live chat. All 3 refused to give me a refund. Tried every phone number I can find online and none work. Selected the option to have a representative call me within 30 minutes. 5 hours later received an email saying due to technical difficulties they can't call me but I can try live chat to get help. I have opened up a Paypal case and now have to wait 10 days for a refund. Also have filed complaint with the FTC. They sold me a service that could not be completed and refuse to give a refund. Unbelievable.

rodneyo8
7/31/17

Purchased a king size doona on Groupon from their business associate BDirect Aus on 15/5/2017. Still no resolution from Groupon and have no confidence in their ability or sincerity to process a full refund after eleven weeks. Should have read the reviews on BDirect Aust before purchase as I would not have entered into this transaction.
Initial delivery was lost at first clearing centre on 2/6/2017 and I lodged query with couriers on 12/6/2017. Following further correspondence between myself and Groupon as agreed they advised that a replacement delivery had been arranged on 27/6/2017.
On checking the tracking number log on the 6/7/2017 it stated that the goods were on route to Coburg, Victoria not my home address in Northern NSW some 1500 klms away and advised Groupon accordingly that I had no confidence in their associate to deliver the goods and requested a full refund.
Groupon twice replied on the 16/7 and 20/7 that the situation had been passed on to their "management" and "concern team" for further investigation.
And their response finally on the 31/7/2017 advising that the goods had been delivered on 7/7/2017 safe drop at Coburg, Victoria and given the situation, you can still receive the item, if you file/lodge a complaint with the courier.
Thank you Groupon for caring.

bertac
7/30/17

Customer service is the worst you cannot talk to nobody the chat service the y never can resolve smithing I call the next I purshused my voucher I explain that I bought the wrong location the voucher was in another state they say trade in but I have to do it in 24 hour they didn't have nothing I like at the moment I call back for a refund they give me the stound until it pass the 3 days and them they said after 4 days they camot give refund but the customer service took 48 hour to respond the dispute I been deal for this situation for long time and they say is nothing they can do they already pay the merchant t. The fat that is not a live customer service is crazy so they loose as a client I use to buy thing from there butt not any more worst customer service

catherinek32
7/30/17

Groupon states all over its website that the value that you pay for one of their deals (and I'm very aware that "value paid" is not the same as the "promotional value") NEVER EXPIRES. When I contact the business owner, she will only honor half the value paid. I reach out to Groupon to resolve this issue. They say they will contact the business owner and get back to me within 72 hours. I've had major issues with Groupon's customer service before (I tried contacting them about one simple issue, and EACH TIME THEY RESPOND, IT'S A DIFFERENT CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE WHO HAS NO IDEA OR RECORD OF WHAT IS GOING ON so the issue never gets resolved. They just take you through an endless loop of one outsourced rep after another. When it does get "resolved," it's usually through Groupon credit. Everyone knows American Apparel went out of business - still no refund issued for their Groupon, only credit. What am I supposed to do with credit for a company who I never want to use again??)

So I ask what will happen if no one contacts me (response: I contact them); but how will they know what's going on? AND THIS IS THE RESPONSE THAT REALLY ANNOYED ME: "But let me ask, why didn't you used this way back 7years ago?" I respond "Why do you even need to ask this question... Groupon states everywhere on their website that the value paid never expires. I'm not saying this. Groupon is... So the answer to your question shouldn't even matter." In turn, they respond with "Is there anything else I can assist you today?" and instead of waiting for an answer, THEY END THE CHAT.

I asked for a record of the chat. They assured me that they'd give me a record. Of course they didn't, so I had to take screenshots of our entire online conversation. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS APPALLING. Despicable company with unethical practices.

paulr238
7/30/17

A purchase from Groupon showed up on my card while I was asleep one night for something I don't use. When I reached out to Groupon a few hours later to get the fraudulent charge removed they said nothing we can do. You probably ordered it on accident which I didn't and there is nothing we can do. Their reply was read the fine print there are no refunds *%$&@ I didn't order it what part of that do you not understand how could I read the fine print of something I never ordered. Absolutely no help at all even after forwarding to their escalation team. Be careful when using Groupon if a charge shows up on your account you did not make there is no protection for you.

victorc84
7/30/17

This is my review of groupon and Jasmine Restaurant in Manhattan located on E 49th Street, NYC:

Though the food is good BUT please be aware the Groupon discount offer is a complete hoax that they use to reel people in.
While the restaurant does not honour their offer according to the Groupon advertising, Groupon also doesn't follow up but offer excuses to avoid dealing with the problem!
I guess this is completely an HONESTY and INTEGRITY issue - on the part of both parties involved! Shameful!

mohammedm42
7/29/17

They sell locked phones as unlocked and there is no customer service and what so ever .
Scammers scammers scammers .
If u wanna waste some money here we go this people welcomes fools .

customerc18
7/28/17

Ordered 3 items on Groupon and the website shows my order did not go through. Refreshed and still didn't go through. Had to order again. But I was charged twice the next day. It says I can not cancel it when I try to cancel even though it's within one day cancellation policy according to their customer suppprt site. Had request a call to talk to a representative wait half hour and said I had to return the items one by one to get refund. Talked to one of their managers. She has worse attitude than the reprentative and did not even try to help. Feels like a scam! Very disappointed at Groupon.

susanr182
7/28/17

I find that groupon website offers deals that you may not find otherwise. I have purchased services, products and discounts and couldn't be happier!

yourl1
7/27/17

[Sonal Dave] [Venuga Muruges] Thank you for contacting Customer Support. My name is Venuga Muruges
[Venuga Muruges] No worries, I will look into this

mariaa172
7/26/17

Im make two orders and im never got them and no phone number for coustomer services or way to contact the company or seller

drewn12
7/26/17

Groupon's website had issues loading, which caused me to accidentally order four tickets to Water Country USA when I only needed 2. Instead of refunding me for the two tickets since it was completely their fault for having a sucky website, Groupon insisted that the fine print for the deal said "all sales were final." I told them I was done using Groupon if they would not refund me since there was no way I was going to use a website that has such an unreasonable refund policy, but they remained stubbornly insistent that all sales were final. Forget them!

kellyn41
7/26/17

Never will I order from GROUPON again, ordered my kids a 12ft best way swimming pool 7thJuly, expected delivery 14th, dispatched 11th. Nothing! Online chat had no idea, felt like I was talking to a robot and never actually answered my questions, told to wait till 25th July, still no delivery. I had to open a pay pal dispute to get my money back

janetu3
7/25/17

Their customer service has deteriorated puchased a groupon 4 days ago that I cannot use and they refuse to honor a refund, have to do a claim with BBB and my bank. You cannot get a real person on the phone and the supervisor Trevor has a "welp youre out of luck" kind of attitude. just stay away from this website and save yourself the headache

lindah299
7/24/17

Don't do this tour, it is a waste of time and money. Advertised as Italian food and all it included was 2 slices of pizza, a quarter of a sub sandwich and a small canolli. Tour guides were friendly, but that did not make up for the deceitful advertising. There is no pasta as shown in the group on advertising picture. Extremely disappointed.

shannonl67
7/24/17

Groupon customer service is horrible. You can't actually call them, you have to request a call or chat with someone. It is extremely easy to accidentally buy something but very difficult to exchange or refund things. They don't offer that many good deals anyways and I personally will not be using their service again.

nancyc191
7/23/17

I have been using Groupon for several years and always seem to get the same thing with Local Services. I recently purchased a Dog Grooming Service. I called to schedule the service and was told that the Grooming Truck was out of service and I could be put on a wait list. Thanks Groupon, I guess the saying is true. You get for what you pay for. I also purchased a pool cleaning service. I will let you know how that turns out!

thuyn12
7/22/17

I do like Groupon a lot and have been using this app occasionally. However, I was looking up getaways/travel with all inclusives and was very disappointed by the limited options that they have with travel from airport. Most of the airports are in the eastcoast. I live in OR and could only find 1 or 2 options and they are so much more expensive than other airports. :( wish there would be more
Options to fly from the westcoast.

inokia
7/22/17

I had, in the past, used GROUPON many times, sometimes the voucher would expire and I was just stuck, my bad. This time I purchased one for a beauty school, two of my friends did also. The first one to "try" it left with green hair, they couldn't get the color out, btw, she wanted blonde hair not green. The 2nd one had clumps of hair fall out while she was in the chair, they left a solution on too long. When I contacted Customer Support to request a "credit", not a refund, the reply was, "It can't be bad all the time, just try it" I guess I'm weird, I happen to like my hair and want to keep it! If you have no Customer Support from them, write about it, so they get it. I've unsubscribed and so have my two bald and green haired friends!

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E. on 1/19/16
Helpful answer

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h. on 11/21/15
Helpful answer

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M. on 6/4/16
Helpful answer

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G. on 11/2/15
Helpful answer

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P. on 11/9/15
Helpful answer

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H. on 4/19/15
Helpful answer

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I. on 9/7/15
Helpful answer

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R. on 2/4/16
Helpful answer

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B. on 8/5/15
Helpful answer

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S. on 6/1/15
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon