US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

shary59
2/20/17

I'm writing this because it has been almost 2 weeks since I placed my order and I still do NOT have my order. I keep checking the status of shipment and it's not even updating. I understand there are storms everywhere right now, however, I made 2 Etsy purchases on the 11th, both of which are from New York, and I received them yesterday. Those are from individual sellers. Whether or not my purchases from Fabletics turn out to be worth the money I am already ready to cancel my membership because this is ridiculous. Standard shipping or express!!!

krystinar
2/19/17

I ordered from Fabletics two separate months. Ordering was simple and I knew that I was signing up for VIP membership which means that I would get charged every month if I didn't skip the month. I was aware of this so I kept it to two months as I thought this would be enough work out clothes. I called to cancel today and it was really simple. I spent a grand total of 11 minutes on the phone to perform the cancellation. There was no pushy salesperson on the other line. She was very courteous and got everything done quickly. The only reason why the phone call was 11 minutes was because I was on hold for 7 of those minutes.

The clothes I did receive came in on time and looked exactly like what they did online. They fit perfectly and are good quality.

Know what you are getting yourself into. Read the fine print and be a responsible consumer.

kaseyf1
2/19/17

i ordered 2 items, the shirt was ok and i the pants were 2x too big even tho i ordered a medium like i normally wear. so i exchanged them for a small in a different color because they were out of the one i wanted and they actually fit perfect, then i was charged for being a VIP even tho i don't remember signing up for that and they WILL NOT refund you and even make it annoying to cancel your membership! now i've washed the pants once and half the threads have come loose and they are destroyed!!! after spending almost $50 on a pair the lounge arnie gray sweatpants and i for one ware! TERRIBLE STAY AWAY

danielles98
2/19/17

I bought pants thinking it was 2 for 24 and was charged closer to 60 then less than a month later I was charged 67 for a membership I did not know I had, then when trying to cancel it there was no proof of mt membership, fabletics is a joke

tesse2
2/18/17

I've gotta say, I work as a designer and developer for the direct response industry, and I've never come across something as deliberately misleading as Fabletics. I'd heard the bad reviews (ex. "Oh you have to reject every month or they'll charge you!") but I found something I liked, and I figured they were at least being up front about their business practice, so I gave it a shot. I got my first outfit, and then kept up with skipping each month as I got the email at the first of each month. I liked the leggings I got, skipping each month was easy, I didn't understand why people complained so much.

Then something happened. About a week or so into the month I saw that I had a $50 charge on my credit card from Fabletics (which just happened to overdraw my account, so thanks for that). How could that be? I had been doing so well at skipping each month, and I remembered doing it that month. But I didn't want to be one of those whiners. I knew what I signed up for, and must have a had a bad internet connection, or maybe I clicked the link in my email but forgot to click the skip button on the website. I made up a bunch of scenarios to justify it as my mistake.

Next month I realized what happened. Without any warning, Fabletics added an extra splash page after you click the "Skip this month" button. Yet another page comes up asking "do you REALLY want to skip this month?" .... YES. I couldn't believe it. I was tricked. I thought about how much of an increase Fabletics must have seen in their sales that month just by adding that page. Them - laughing at their ingenious marketing skills while I'm crying because my account was overdrawn again.

Whatever, I thought. I did like those leggings I got originally, so now I just have an excuse to buy some more. I decided to wait for a good sale to come around so I could get the most for my money. "Buy one outfit get one free!" my email said. Perfect. I'll get two outfits with my $50 credit, then close my account and be done with this whole mess.

So there I am, two outfits in my cart totaling $50, when I see a little blurb "You have a credit you could use, you are currently using a BOGO promotion." Oh ok, so that's how I use my credit. I click it. My cart is still totaling $50. Now the blurb says "There is a BOGO promotion you could use. You are currently using a credit." Here is where I lose my $#*!.

Are you effing kidding me?! I can't use both?! I have paid this company $50 (just because they tricked me) and now they're telling me I can only use that money on certain things?! Two outfits, BOGO, is $50. I have paid them $50. But no. Not on that.

So fine. I put two pairs of capris from your sale section in my cart, no promotion needed, used my credit, and now I am DONE. Aside from the fact that your entire business model is built on trusting people to be idiots, your site is incredibly hard to use. I specialize in UI and UX and jesus I couldn't get from one section to another, I constantly had rollovers blocking the whole page anytime my mouse went over the top half of the page, it was impossible to tell which items were on sale and which ones weren't (although I assume that bit is on purpose), and just all around I had a terrible experience. Even checking out, I got several error pages (by no fault of my own) before I could place my order. And despite my password being saved on chrome, one day it just didn't work anymore. And when I clicked "forgot password" I never got an email sent to me. Not even in my spam folder. I had to talk to customer service to reset my password. It was ludicrous.

Anyway, they're terrible and despite the fact that the clothes are in fact decent quality I will never shop there again.

kiahn
2/17/17

I will start by saying that the items I have gotten were for the most part cute. The leggings are great... The problem is you can't actually order them. The company itself is HORRIBLE. They are ALWAYS out of everything in the size you want. I have literally stalked the site for >8mo to try to spend my credits so I can cancel my account, but they are out of everything besides off sizes and ugly patterns. I have reached out to customer service multiple times and you get no response.

Tip for consumers: Just don't do it. There are way better things out there.

dawnp50
2/17/17

I saw the TV commercials for a while with Kate Hudson advertising Fabletics and I thought, those are some pretty neat leggings, so I finally decided to order from the company. I wish I would have read the reviews before I made this decision. I placed an order 3 weeks ago (Feb 2nd) and I have not received my shipment yet! I received an email on Feb 10th stating that my shipment was finally on its way and it's now Feb 17th and I still have not received my package! I called the company and canceled my VIP membership today. I am not going to pay $49.95 per month every month if I have to wait damn near a month to receive an order. Oh yes, when you order from Fabletics, you have to agree to the terms of having your credit card charged automatically for $49.95 every month in order to receive what they call "perks" for being a VIP member. My advice to anyone who is mesmerized by the Kate Hudson commercials for Fabletics, save your money and time because it is not worth the money, the stress, the time, and the wait for some leggings that are probably just as good as the ones you can buy on Amazon or your local retail store. I haven't even received the leggings yet, but currently, I'm not impressed with the company, so I can imagine I won't be impressed with the leggings either when or IF I receive them. Horrible company!!! BEWARE!!!

lylac1
2/16/17

I saw their ad online 2 for $24 so I decided to check it out. I ordered 2 pairs of leggings and it took 2 weeks to ship instead of the 7 days they originally told me. Then I realized that when I thought I was just creating an account, I created a membership where they were going to charge me $50 a month! I tried cancelling the membership through the online live chat and couldn't get through to anyone. Then, I called and could barely understand the woman I was talking to and she kept trying to push to keep the membership practically making it impossible to cancel! I FINALLY was able to cancel. So many other places to get cute workout clothes, don't go here.

aleje
2/15/17

This is the worst $#*! ever. I bought the most horrible dress which I could not refund and in addition, I got subscribed to a VIP crap that takes away my money every month and which I supposedly can cancel between the 1st and the 5th of each month ... which option does not appear online. Now I finally could cancel this membership and yet, I got 50 euros away that will not be refund and that I'm compelled to spend in this shop. What a great business.

kristya6
2/13/17

Don't waste your time or money with Fabletics. There are MANY other athletic wear companies with actual quality clothing and good customer service. You definitely get what you pay for with this crap. AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE. Good luck

tammyj29
2/13/17

DO NOT fall into this trap. Hold your credit card tight. When you order the leggings 2 for $24 you are automatically signed up for a VIP membership without notice. You will be charged $49.95 a month unless you call and cancel. This deal is not worth the headache you will experience next month. No business will stay afloat by cleverly deceiving customers.

victoriaw46
2/13/17

I received a charge on my card today from Fabletics and when I called, I was told it was a membership fee and that I didn't "skip" this month. I was notified that I had to, and now have been told that it will take up to 7 days to get my money back! Canceled my membership and never shopping there again.

amyb159
2/9/17

I am so pissed right now. I bought a promotional outfit from them last month. Didn't love either item, but I figured it was worth a shot for the $15. Today I just noticed a $50 charge from them in my bank account. What the hell. Buying that promotional outfit was a total scam to get you locked into their subscription?? You can't cancel online, so I'll have to call them in the morning. Very displeased with their lack of transparency.

libbyg7
2/9/17

This website signed me up as a VIP automatically. When I checked my account I was $49.95 short. I know $50 isn't a big deal but when you live off of a minimum wage paying job, it makes a dent. I called 3 times, all three calls lastimg over ten minutes arguing with a machine over getting my money back. I asked to speak to a human FIFTEEN TIMES and still was never connected. After asking for a refund of this "membership charge" I was never informed about, they finally offered to give me my "one time courtesy refund" which should come in about a week or so, after being told my "membership credit was still good for a little retail therapy:)" literally 15 times. Sorry I have bills to pay and things to do and give money to this scamming, cheap, BULL$#*! company is not one of them.

katerinan
2/9/17

Be very careful with this website! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING! bought something once and got automatically enrolled to this subscription that you have to pay 50 euro per month! Lost 100 euro without even realising!! Cannot get my money back!
Also the material of the clothes is low quality!

kelsien1
2/7/17

I realize in "fine print" it explains that you will be charged monthly if you sign up for "VIP", but it's most definitely hidden and not clear when you order. BE CAREFUL. You will be charged monthly $50. I was so livid I was fuming. I work for an online retailer and I was so shocked to see how sneaky this company was and that I didn't notice the scam before ordering. Luckily they told me that they refunded me and cancelled my membership. Beware of this.

leannec15
2/6/17

The quality of their shirts and bras are something I'd expect from the cheaper clothing at forever 21 or Charlotte Rousse. The yoga pants are high quality, however.

Also, my customer service experience was way better than I was expecting after reading the reviews on this website. My call lasted less than 5 minutes. I just lost my job, and I forgot to skip this month. I called and asked to cancel my membership and not be charge for this month. One and done in under 5 minutes from the time I dialed until I ended the call.

karat10
2/6/17

I signed up for the introductory offer of $15. The leggings and deal were great. The quality is excellent and definitely worth more than $15. However, the moment I received my package I cancelled my account. After receiving confirmation of the cancellation I thought that was the end of it. However, the next month I got charger the $49.95 again. After calling the membership services again I was informed that they had no evidence that I cancelled my account and would not refund my $49.95. Even with my email and evidence of a phone call I had to talk with customer service for a LONG time arguing over the refund. They finally agreed after at least 15 minutes of them refusing. My refund should come in 5-7 days and my account should be cancelled now. BUT we'll see because that was supposed to have happened last month. I would warn everyone that despite the quality of product and cheap prices it is not worth the trouble of having to cancel the account and basically being called a liar and talking to a machine for 20 minutes before talking to a person.

emmas92
2/6/17

I forgot to skip the month back in November so phoned up and got a refund for my mistake. However, I forgot again in January but when I phoned I was told they only give a 'one-time courtesy refund'. This is a ridiculous policy for a company.
When I told them that I also wanted to close my account, the lady on the phone kept telling me that I was still not entitled to my money back and that I would have to keep the credit on the site to spend at a later date, as once cash is taken as a credit it can't be changed apparently.
I finally spoke to them again this weekend. With enough persistance and refusal to put the phone down until they return my money, they finally gave in. So if you have this issue, keep pushing and hopefully you will get back what you are entitled to!

cherylc41
2/4/17

Don't waste your time or money, the first time I wore the pants they started pilling. Now I'm stuck with the pants because once you wear them you can't return them. I can't believe Kate Hudson would advertise such a bad product. So disappointed. Cheap Cheap Cheap. Go get a pair of lululemon.

danicas1
2/3/17

This company is a joke. Good luck getting your refund back if something doesn't fit. I lost a lot of money.

kateb70
2/2/17

I foolishly joined the VIP programme last year. After realising how it worked I rang them to cancel my membership. Managed to get 60% of my credit back. After making a purchase with the remaining 40% of funds before christmas I now see that they have taken another £44 from my paypal account in January- Fraudulent!!
I have just set up a dispute with paypal over the transaction and have blocked fabletics as a pre-approved vendor... Whish I wasn't aware that I'd even done!
How anyone can hold their head up in public as the owner of this company astounds me- Kate Hudson should be ashamed of herself.

tracyb104
1/28/17

I should have known better, I read the reviews, but the outfits looked so unique and cute and I hate paying the high prices to the competitors, but even on my first experience shopping what looked to be great deals, was not exactly the case, as once you see your cart and attempt to pay, you don't get that low price for all your items. Total scam. Why did I not back out then? I bought several items, half of which were a big fail, but since I bought on clearance there was no returns. Once you sign up, if you forget to log in to "skip" then you rack up membership points, oh but you can't actually use those membership points on the super sale items. Also, they have very poor inventory, tough to get your size. But I can't cancel my membership until I spend all my membership points otherwise I have to pay non-member prices which are totally out of line. Stay away!

nunyab33
1/26/17

The product (yoga pants) was amazing! I had the VIP membership but got annoyed with having to skip a month so I wasn't charged. I called to cancel and was sent to a call center that was obviously overseas. The first time they told me that if I cancel my membership that my order would be canceled as well... super annoying and terrible customer service.. so I decided to wait till my order got here and then cancel. I called again and was transferred to a call center where they tried to convince and even bribe me with the promise of 500 reward points if I kept my VIP membership. After 3-4 times of saying "I just want to cancel my membership" she finally said I would receive a confirmation email saying it was canceled. If it wasn't so annoying I would have kept the membership because I really love the clothes but 49 dollars if I don't hit skip or buy 70 dollar pants every month is ridiculous.

raquelg9
1/25/17

Misleading advertisement made me buy 2 legging for x price, but would have to pay 50 dollars a month to keep receiving their products. However, didn't have much trouble cancelling it.

40 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fabletics staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
annen19
Anne N.
3 weeks, 4 days ago
Answer
sasal2
sasa L.
A: look for an item that is worth the monthly charged for each and automatically it will be applied to your order; Just make sure that the item is not on a promotion or else it will not be applied
3 weeks, 2 days ago