US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

yogig

Call customer service and cancel your membership but don't blame the company for your lack of common sense. (in 149 reviews)

sofiah2

It clearly states at checkout how VIP membership works. (in 113 reviews)

sarahm161

Can't believe Kate Hudson is associating herself with this. (in 90 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

erinc53
7/22/16

I was away early this month and I forgot to skip the month. My account was just billed $67. When I called to complain, the representative basically told me it was my fault for not skipping the month as I have done in prior months and that it will be 5-7 business days for a refund.
I had no issue with the clothing I received but I do not need a new workout outfit every month. I was completely unaware of the monthly commitment until a month after I subscribed.
Somebody needs to stop this company.

na9297
7/14/16

If you want to be tricked into being charged $50 automatic deduction from your credit card each month for not purchasing from their site then sign up! They advertise $25 first outfit but don't specify that it's conditional upon you shopping with them every single month or risk being charged $50 for nothing. That's a great way to treat your members Fabletics. Crooked company with false advertising. Don't shop here.

jeremyc52
7/14/16

You will be offered a discount (20%) on your purchase if you sign up as a VIP member. What is hidden (or certainly not made as clear as it should be), is the fact you are signing up to a monthly subscription (£44). This is not made clear, and whilst the items could not be faulted, I will not use again due to underhand tactics. I had to rate one star to submit this warning, otherwise would be zero.

pollyb6
7/8/16

I have been skipping religiously for the last 6 months, until I went on holiday last week. I came back to £44 deducted from my account.

I was then stuck on the phone for 40 minutes to two different American ladies (they sounded the same & almost robotic?!!!!) for them to finally agree to credit my money back after explaining that it was my 'first time' of forgetting to skip. Excuse me?! I am pretty sure this is MY money and you have no right to take £44 from my account when I certainly do not plan on spending it with you. However this takes up to 8 days (great). I'm wondering whether it'll even arrive!

waynem74
7/7/16

Use it or lose it

Cant believe that a company can deduct £44 recurring per month off your debit card (not direct debit) and if you don't spend it within a month they keep it and take another £44

Wow and I guess its a legal way to do business catching unsuspecting customers with well written VIP Membership deals

Whoever thought this system up needs a medal. Duping customers at its most legalist

Needs highlighting further through TV shows like BBC Watchdog

There must be a duty of care from this company to inform you properly that your credits are being lost not by email lost among a 1000 spam mails they also send instead of banking the easy money.

I was lucky i caught this early but some unsuspecting customers have been losing money for years without them realising because they only check direct debits

You have been warned

piperw
6/29/16

"I have been frustrated with Fabletics since day 1 - as an industry professional I was given a promo card to try Fabletics VIP program and receive a free pair of leggings just for signing up - but they made the process of getting the leggings so complicated I just gave up. However, by that point I was already locked into the VIP program - $49 a month automatically billed to you unless you decline between the 1st-5th of the month. This was particularly annoying because I was traveling so much for work I would forget to decline and then *surprise* I get billed. That's my fault, but if you try to go and cancel they make you call in and speak with a representative, who of course gets you to try and stay AND if you have credit to use (because like me you forgot to decline between the 1st and 5th of the month and you get charged) then your credit is only applied at the full price of the item, not the VIP pricing. That's fine, I get it - but my goodness, could you please make it easy for people to cancel? I sincerely just wanted to cancel for a few months while I was traveling and Fabletics made it so annoyingly impossible to do so that I've really become (probably overly) critical of every little thing about the clothing and the company to never want to be a customer again. Buyers want ease of use, they don't want to feel trapped, and we want to cancel when we want to cancel!! None of this would actually really bother me that much if I actually *liked* the clothing. A lot of the designs are either totally impractical for the way bodies move in activity, many of the fabrics feel like subpar performance fabrics and a little cheap (for what they retail), and soooooooo many of the prints feel like someone in the 80s was trying to imagine what cutting edge prints would look like in the 2000s. Truthfully, I feel like this is bargain basement or Old Navy quality stuff at a much higher premium which is just sad. Either save your money by going to Old Navy (much better styles, functionality, and prints) or invest in quality performance wear, but don't bother with Fabletics. "

christinec81
6/26/16

Horrible horrible horrible HORRIBLE quality of clothes!!!!!!!! Disgusted by the high prices for such poor quality clothes. Do not be fooled by the cute designs, it is not worth it believe me. The so called "workout bras" have absolutely no support, so unless you're flat chested, wealthy, and looking to blow your money, just back away. After a few washes the color is already faded and the clothes gets all fuzzy. You get all those free magazines because you're actually getting ripped off. Only a crackhead would pay the non-VIP price. What a scam. So disappointed. Let my experience spare you the frustration. The reviews on fabletics must be a lie because I can't believe that all those people would be satisfied with polyester outfits that have no support and fuzz up. If she ever sells this stuff live on tv I'm going to call pretending to be a fan and then call her out on her bull$#*!. HAH!

melissab112
6/26/16

I have been a member with Fabletics for approximately 1.5 years. I started with their great deal of getting some workout pants for free, etc. I have since purchased two tops that have held up well but were always too thin to wear for anything other than pajama tops (expensive PJ tops if you ask me). Anyway after the second one I just quit buying and kept skipping months and never had an issue until this month (June 2016) when I forgot and I was charged $49.95. I absolutely KNEW this would happen so I thought "alright I guess I will treat myself to something." I searched high and low and finally decided on a simple little black dress that was $44.95. I added it to my cart and went to check out. Now on "JustFab" (an affiliated site) the same thing happened and it was simple; I bought a few things and my credit was visible for me to see that it was available. I was in the check out and it kept telling me I owed $53.00!! No credit would apply on Fabletics! I called customer service and they told me it was because I HAD TO SPEND at least the $49.95!!! I was angry and told the customer service rep that I didn't feel it was appropriate they are basically TELLING me that I have to spend MORE of my own money! He was kind enough to give me 'credit' and allow me to spend my own money! (Seriously?) So needless to say I am cancelling my membership ASAP!!

Tip for consumers: If you want to stay a member just make sure you skip your month or be prepared to spend more than you want to.

francesp12
6/18/16

Written in March 2016:
I have been a member of Fabletics since 2014 and I a love-hate relationship with it. Bottoms are great, sports bras are great, tops are a hit and miss, fabrics can be flimsy. While I love most the clothes , the business model is misleading and flawed. I do not order every month, so I skip purchases. I only order when I like a particular item. I had to deal so many times with customer service for a late delivery, an order cancellation and return (due to the late delivery), wrong sizing, and the most recent ordeal was an automatic charging of the monthly VIP cost ($49.95) while in fact I could have sworn I skipped a purchase for the month, as I always do. True enough, I searched for my browsing history and found proof that I indeed skipped a purchase. Also, sizes are very limited and out of stock most of the time. It is such a hassle that I have to deal with customer service from time to time. I strongly disagree with this tricky business model and flawed ordering system, I feel so bad for the other girls that are being scammed.

Update, June 2016:
AGAIN, I was charged even if I chose to skip and not order this month. This is the third time. The customer service person did not want to reverse the incorrect payment, until I showed her proof from my browser history stating that I SKIPPED A PURCHASED EXACTLY ON JUNE 1. (I even went out of my way and downloaded an internet history browser plug in for this purpose.) I cannot take it any longer. I redeemed my Fabletics rewards (1 free sweater) and promptly discontinued my laughable "VIP Membership". VIP Members are not supposed to be treated this way. I wish other customers would be more aware of what sort of trickery they are getting into.

srishtil
6/14/16

I have spend sooo much money buying cloths from fabletics uk , everything i bought from it been excellent quality are great designs are unique cant find anywhere else and price is bit high but it worth it
Only thing about it is i have to keep skip it everymonth which is bit annoying

lalis2
6/12/16

To everyone that is thinking to buy any of these items, i will recommend to think twice.
1. The designs look better in the pics.
2. Sizes are reduced.
3. Quality is just a blend ok.
4. Be careful on everything you read, read eveything camly, check out on any options that are already "pre-selected", because this business is built to be a scam, and to mess with people that don't pay close attention. If you don't notice or pay attention you will get starting to get charges on your card. I had to put a claim through my bank. Hopefully i will get my 60 dlls refund of something that i didn't buy.
4. I guess i was naive and fell for #KateHudson in the advertisings.
4. Found these articles of 2015. I wish i had read reviews before falling for this scam!!!!!

lorenl17
6/12/16

After now reading these multiple reviews I realized how silly I have been to think a company would have good business practices! Me, like everyone here was duped into the VIP Membership unknowingly. Their automatic enrollment is not made clear at the time of purchase and the $50 charge came out of nowhere forcing my account into overdraft charges. I will never shop with this sleezy company again and I will do my best to report these practices to the Better Business Bureau.

samantham64
6/11/16

This company is a scam! I ordered my first outfit at the end of May, June 1, I got my outfit choices and immediately skipped the month because I still hadn't received my original purchase. Today, the 11th of June I am notified I had credits and a charge for not skipping. So I call the company and tell them that it illegal to charge somebody for items not purchased and if they continue to do so they will be facing lawsuits! The lady then tells me that sometimes if somebody skips a month the website automatically refers them to the shopping page leaving the customer to think they're in the clear when in fact, they're still on for charges that month. She then offers me 500 credits to get a swag item if I stay on, I tell her NO. I will not be making additional purchases from this website again and now I want to fully cancel my membership. I spoke with a manager at that point. The manager then told me the problem was not with the company, it was with ME because.....I'm not sure why, I skipped the month and they still charged me and then tried to bribe me into continuing with their company. I can't believe somebody like Kate Hudson would support these kinds of tactics.

elainew29
6/10/16

I joined Fabletics understanding how to use it. I was pleased with my merchandise and thought the quality was good. I also felt comfortable about their reassurance that I could leave without a hassle. I lost my job.
I was getting rid of all the things I spend money on that are "optional" to stay alive. Fabletics was one of those and I called to cancel. Instead of simply canceling they tell me that my $50 credit they have will not be able to be spent at the internet prices but only t retail prices. (I missed that part of the small type.) Then he goes on to explain that I have bonus points and they will all go away if I leave, he keeps on talking. So I have yet to cancel so I can spend my credit as a member keeping in mind I still need to quit before another charge goes against my credit card. I thought they were gong to simply say thank you for trying us out and close the membership. I resent this sales talk and the fact that they won't give me my full value for my money. It is NOT easy to quit. Get prepared if you call!! Rating would be much higher if this hadn't happened.

remyl2
6/9/16

I would give this company zero stars if I could. I ordered an outfit back in August 2015. After months of going back forth between Fabletics and their shipping company, neither who wanted to take responsibility, I finally was re-sent the outfit and recieved it in November 2015. Something they forget to mention is the fact when you sign up, you're actually signing up for a $50 a month subscription. The only good point about this company is how friendly their over the phone service is. I would not describe them as helpful though. In March, Inrang up for a refund on my credit and they told me they had stopped the subscription service. In May I had to ring up again because I was charged AGAIN. They gave me the refund and told me they had canceled my membership. It's now June, and I have just had to ask for ANOTHER REFUND BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP.
Don't trust this organisation, it's a scam.

andreae29
6/8/16

I saw an ad for their nearly too good to be true memorial day sale. "VIP--FIRST OUTFIT $15-ENDS AT MIDNIGHT!" Of course I took advantage, $15 for an entire outfit plus free shipping? Sign me up! Due to the outrageous sale, my options were limited; everything was selling out. I managed to find a cute outfit that suited me. Their sizing is confusing, but since I normally get a large everywhere I go, I decided on that. It fits well, and like I said, it's cute. But this quality doesn't meet anywhere close to the price, especially the full-price non-vip one. The top is a basic white muscle tee with a knot accent at the bottom to add aesthetic. The tag claimed it was $34.99 retail. Are you kidding me? I can find better quality at Walmart. It's flimsy, it wrinkles easily, and it's see-through. Next up was the bra. What drew me to it was the back, it had a nice strap design. I'm rather busty (36DD), but it still fit. Still cheap cami top quality, retail price was $29.99. My biggest issue is it gives me no support. I always begin my gym routine on the treadmill and this entirely impedes me from doing so without my bust flopping over the place and also causing a lot of pain. Lastly is the leggings. Retail price: $79.99. This was a blown-out "are you absolutely f**king kidding me!?" They're the best quality of all of them, but I can purchase this same material at Walmart, and in fact I own a pair very similar purchased from there. It's appalling to know that if you did not have a VIP membership, this entire outfit would cost nearly $150.

Anyways, I decided I needed to cancel the membership since obviously I will never hand over my money to them again. It was fairly easy, but the customer service rep kept insisting I stay and offered 500 reward points that are actually non-redeemable, but after I showed my anger through my words, he quit the chatter and got it canceled.

It's technically not a scam if you read the print, but they do sign you right up for the VIP and if you don't get your bank statements or forget entirely, you're out $50 each month for nothing. I'd suggest getting a highly sale-priced outfit and canceling.

This service greatly reminds me of the whole Kylie Lip Kit craze going on. It's expensive because you're paying for the name, not the quality. I know of far better brands that give me useful, long-lasting workout gear for a reasonable price. I can typically purchase a full quality outfit for $30-$50, but my fabletics outfit probably isn't worth the $20 I got on sale. Just plain stay away from them unless there's a huge sale and want something cute. It's cute, but get out while you can.

jaynec13
6/6/16

Unless you have endless money and endless need for workout clothes, you should NOT get involved with this company. They are THE greediest company I have ever dealt with. I never write reviews but if I can help one person stay away from the aggravation of being ripped off every month by this company, I will be glad I wrote this. Trying to cancel a membership is a revolving door you will surely regret you ever entered! They have no ethics at all!

severineb
6/4/16

I received my first order from this company it promised quality clothing . Upon receiving the items, I even paid rush shipping because I was so excited, I found the material to be very very low quality, on top of that I purchased a bathing suit that look like it was sewn together by a child. In my package it have a letter to show how to return products I went online to return and find out that my bathing suit will not be able to be returned not even for store credit I must either exchange it for another size or another color I'm sorry but if I don't like the bathing suit I'm probably not going to need a different size or a different color. I tried reaching customer service with no avail then I did the chat line and once again was told I cannot exchange the bathing suit for even store credit I am willing to pay the restock fee just to get my money back . I just received all of this yesterday I am very very disappointed I can tell you one thing these are not quality items I don't even know how they get away with it they even delete all the bad reviews and leave all the good ones so I was misled . The good reviews outweigh the bad and I know why now I tried leaving a review on their Facebook page when I went back and I had seen other bad reviews all of the reviews were removed except the good ones I used to love Kate Hudson but seeing that she can run a business and not even care what we feel like buying her products and to go as far the company deleting all the bad reviews either leave them all on there (good or bad) or delete none! BUYER BEWARE. VERY POOR QUALITY ITEMS

kennahs
5/28/16

I unknowingly jumped into the VIP membership because I saw an add on Facebook for a $15 outfit. My mom had just purchased one and I thought "hey, why not." Nowhere on the quiz that was required for the outfit did it say that you'd be signing up for the membership. I purchased an outfit, and then got the email saying what was going on. I was shocked at what I had gotten myself into. I called the company and asked to cancel the membership, but the representative was really unhelpful. She tried to reel me into staying in the membership by saying she'd add 500 points to my account (which I haven't seen). I insisted I wanted to cancel, and she said she'd cancel the subscription, my VIP order, and then charge it at full price. I had no choice but to stay in the membership. I'm very unhappy with this business.

tammyl36
5/26/16

I have tried unsuccessfully to order TWICE from this site. I placed my first order after joining and after a month I still hadn't received it. When I checked the order status it said " Hold fulfillment problem. When I called I was told that my size was not in stock! When were they going to tell me this?? In the meantime they have billed my credit card for the next month. So I order again and the same thing happens!! This is the most ridiculous online business that I have ever seen!! I am going to try one last time and will post the outcome.

lexip2
5/25/16

I am completely disgusted with my experience in dealing with this company. About a year ago I purchased a tank off of the site and was billed 50$ a month for 3 of the following months before I finally noticed it on my statement. I called and canceled my VIP membership and about a week ago I was emailed a gift card that was worth 50$ to try to make up for all the money they had taken from me. I got back on my account to redeem the gift card and paid the REGULAR price instead of rejoining as a VIP (I made sure that I read every little thing I was clicking on this time) and it still ended up somehow changing me to VIP and charging me for the last month anyway. THIS SITE IS A SCAM DO NOT USE IT! SAVE YOURSELF THE TIME AND THE MONEY.

tabithab3
5/25/16

Point Blank:
Online user experience was not to the standards expected.
Quality of merchandise was poor. Not what is promised through the advertising campaign.

kellyb143
5/18/16

The sizing is inconsisent - returns are difficult - and speaking to a customer service rep is difficult also. When you reach a representative to ask about a refund, they are required to do the math, based on paid membership dues minus the cost of the items, and it is time consuming and frustrating. Would not recommend purchases from this site.

nataliat9
5/18/16

As many others placed the order, paid and next month was surprised with £44 charge for VIP membership. I think the way this company operates should be illegal. Shame on you unethical Fabletics !

lydiat5
5/17/16

So my order started off well, I was raving to friends about how my first outfit was half price and the order came in no time, the clothes being in great condition. I made the first order in April which was £35.50 when looking at my bank statement this month (MAY) I found that Fabletics had decided to take another £44.00 out of my account (without my consent) I called the company to get through to someone who kept repeating the same thing over and over again - when asking to speak to a manager he again said the same thing that because I had signed up to be a VIP member £44 would be taken from my account to use as voucher for more clothes. (I don't want more clothes) I am furious with this company as I didn't give any consent for this money to be taken from my account and I am taking this further with the bank as the company did not help at all. DO NOT USE.

29 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fabletics staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question