Review of Fabletics

Headquarters
El Segundo, CA, United States

rhondab52
8/18/17

My daughter is 18 and in college. She ordered the 2 pairs for 29 or whatever this was on July 30th. She was not aware that she would be obligated to a membership if 49.95 a month. Thank goodness I knew this from friends experience and told her she needed to cancel it. She did today which is Aug 15 2017. They informed her that since she joined in July ( which was July 30th) that she got charged Aug because even though that was 2 days before it was for July only she didn't even have 30 days to cancel without being charged again in 2 days. That's a scam and if this company is so proud of their product then they wouldn't have to trick and scam people into a membership. My daughter will pass the word on as well as I. She has s huge social media following and will tell everybody about this experience. They wouldn't even refund her the 49.95 to her account said she had a credit. That's not proper cancellation procedure when you should have a 30 day grace period. Very disappointed and if this is how they treat their customers then this is a bad product!

tias18
8/17/17

I definitely wouldn't recommend this company to shop with. I purchased one order in May of 2017 and was automatically enrolled in a membership, likely because of confusing terms when shopping with them-to get VIP pricing. After I spend my $150 credit, $49.95 fee a month for the last 3 months I will never shop with them again, which is too bad because they do make great leggings. The person resolving my dispute was reading from a script, it obvious they know exactly how shady they are.

jlm5
8/14/17

My experience with Fabletics is wonderful. There are a lot of bad reviews on here about this product but I have bought multiple items from them with zero complaints. Recently I lost around 35lbs and needed some new workout gear to help me lose even more. Their outfits are so cute I have a hard time deciding which one I am going to get.

When you sign up you MUST KNOW that you are signing up to a membership contract. This shouldnt be a surprise to people as it is the same as Just Fab and Adore Me. They do let you skip the month, my only complaint is that they don't make it easy to get a refund if you end up forgetting. This happened to my friend more than once and she called them and got refunds everytime. I have "forgot" to skip the month multiple times and I just see it as an excuse to get some new workout gear and keep me motivated.

The 4 things I have bought from this site have all arrived quickly (in Canada) and looked exactly like what I ordered. I am about 5'5" and 165lbs right now and ordering a medium fits me perfectly and usually I am a medium/large and size 10 pant. I do like having my workout gear to be smaller fit so it doesn't go anywhere while I am working out.

These ratings do not give this site a fair shot because you should know that you are signing up to a membership contract. I have yet to cancel my account because I make sure to log in at the beginning of every month and skip. Even if you skip the month you are still able to access your outfits and shop no problem.

jessicac196
8/11/17

When I first found out about Fabletics I was wondering what the membership was about so I was curiously reading about it on their site. They had a very simple explanation laid out for people to understand how it worked. Again as I wanted to get the initial good deal for joining they had me read about how it worked and agree to it before I could order. I do not see how people are saying this is a scam when this is all laid out very clearly for people to read. I've been a member for several months now and I have skipped months, I have ordered months and I have returned something with absolutely NO problems.
As far as the quality I really love them! I workout 1-2 hours a day 5-6 days a week so I love to get new outfits here and there. I think Fabletics are by far my favorite and I have spent more from other sites. I've also bought some things on a clearance sale for a STEAL such as high quality sports bras for $8 and other items as cheap.
I do not see myself canceling my membership anytime in the future. Even if I do not want to buy anything it is very easy to check the new offerings near the 1st of the month and then skip. I look forward to seeing the new stuff and am enjoying my membership. It makes me sad that others may be swayed away by claims of "scam" etc. Just read before agreeing. It is not a lot to read and the membership is pretty strait forward.

arine
8/10/17

The clothing is terrible quality and overpriced. The "subscription" is not clearly explained and difficult to figure out how to cancel. They try and fool you by giving your account "credits". The leggings pill, my Capri leggings look and feel like they're on backwards, the two shirts are terribly shaped and unflattering. Finally figured out how to cancel and will warn anyone who will listen against purchasing this brand of garbage.

rosel150
8/10/17

I bought two pair of leggings without knowing that I would be automatically enrolled in a membership. I realized it when the first $49.95 payment was deducted from my account. I immediately called customer service and told them I wanted the membership canceled and the $49.95 refunded to my account. They agreed right away and the next day my account was refunded. While I definetly think their practice of signing you up is sneaky and underhanded, I was appreciative of the quick turn around after my call. Also, I do very much like the leggings :-)

ritas75
8/9/17

Same scam for me. There is no way in hell I would have agreed to be a VIP member. I buy one work out piece a year if that. I did buy three with my order because it was a good deal. I like the items, BUT I DID NOT AGREE TO BE A MEMBER. I just saw on my credit statement I was charged $49.95 because I DID NOT ORDER ANYTHING IN A MONTH. Sadly because I was busy traveling I did not catch the previous month charge. Do not order from them. Cute stuff not worth the hassle. Will be calling my credit card company, and letting my 500+ friends on FB know not to buy from them

dianah71
8/9/17

My daughter fell victim to this scam!! She bought two leggings in March and unknown to her she was being charged 49.95 a month for the past 5 months. She is deaf, which makes it difficult for her to get a good paying job. Fabletics just took 1/4 of her monthly salary from her. SHAME ON YOU! I am very disappointed that Kate Hudson is co-owner in a company that scams people with their fine print. When I chatted to cancel, they kept saying she had credits she could use, but they don't calculate the credit when she tried to use them. Additionally, one of the leggings got a run in the leg the first day she wore them. This may require court action. I am furious!!

chelseas44
8/9/17

Terrible terrible customer service. Upon my first order I selected not to be a VIP member. Then to find out I was being charged $50 a month for product that is not worth the price or the hassle. I called got refunded and was told my membership was cancelled. A month later I am charged again and I live paycheck to paycheck so this unauthorized charge overdrafted my account. The woman I spoke with in customer service was trying to sell me on more product and have me keep a membership that was supposed to cancelled over a month ago (that wasn't even supposed to be authorized in the first place). Meanwhile I am here paying 30$ a day for the next 4 days because the refunds take 5-7 business days to process and my bank charges me each day I am overdrafted. So thanks a lot for robbing me of $170 for * product.

*Language redacted by admin

robynw22
8/4/17

I bought one outfit on Fabletics.com that was fine. Little did I know that they charged me $49.95 thirteen times!
This company is a total scam. I did not give permission for them to indefinitely charge my card monthly. I will never buy from them again.

sarahh265
8/4/17

My siblings bought me a $50 gift card to Fabletics, so I visited the website to try and use it. First I tried to put in my cart an outfit that was listed as $19, and two pairs of leggings for $24, but the outfit wouldn't reflect the sales price. I tried calling the company and they said that the two promotions can't be used together, which was annoying, but I guess companies have annoying policies, so I went back to my shopping cart and changed the order. I kept the two leggings for $24, and added two shirts, which were $12-$14 each, for a total of $57. I was excited about my order and went to insert my gift card, but then got an error message that gift cards cannot be used towards the promotions. That is a completely ridiculous policy! At any normal store you get a sale price and can use either a credit card, cash or gift card to pay. The method of payment does not change the sale amount. Just for comparison, the amount of merchandise in my cart with the promotions was $57, but if I chose to use to the gift card to purchase the same items, I would have to pay $108. And then I'd have to sign up for their scam, which according to all of the reviews below is very annoying and difficult to cancel. What a horrible company!

Tip for consumers: Don't use this website!

annam250
7/28/17

I am so disappointed with Fabletics. I have spent so much there as a VIP member and have shopped multiple items every month, and yet they do not even try to consider their customers request / convenience. I ordered a bunch of outfits on their site and found out 6 days later that it was now 40% off on sale. Normally most stores (Lululemon, Nike, Gap, etc.) refund you back the price reduction difference when there is a discount up to a month later. Considering that this order was made only a few days ago - I of course requested for this refund since I didn't even get any of the outfits delivered to me yet ( it usually takes them weeks to deliver to me ) and so my 30 day return benefit hasn't even started yet because I still didn't receive any of my orders. Customer service refused to just refund me the price reduction difference and their only solution for me was to order the exact same items again, and then to return my previous order when it finally gets shipped out to me so I can get a refund. This is so ridiculous! Rather than just refund me so I can just use what was already shipped out when it gets here, their company would rather spend money on multiple shipments for the same exact items of clothing and create a lot of unnecessary steps to their customers(i.e. visiting & lining up at the post office). The reason why most people "conveniently" shop online in the first place is because most do not have a lot of free time during the mornings to visit actual stores, that's why they prefer to have things delivered right at their doorstep by the time they do get home. Also, the post office is far and closes very early. I had to cancel my "VIP" membership because not only did I feel SO NOT like a VIP customer but its clear to me that their so-called rules (without a purpose) were far more important to them than making their customers happy and providing us with real actual solutions that would make us want to continue to shop here. Will not be recommending this store anymore.

larissas7
7/27/17

When I ordered, I thought that I had declined the membership. I saw on my statement that I was charged and just cancelled. I am on a tight budget so when I end up receiving charges for something I did not intend to buy, I get upset. I hope that the cancellation goes through and I do not have to follow up with a phone call.

azrab
7/26/17

My last order (fabletics.es) has been returned by Delivery company, as Fabletics did not put complete data and did not give any feedback for 5 days about missing data. After getting in touch with Fabletics, they explained they will send new order in 2-3 days, however without one article, as it is no longer available (and they do not give you a chance to replace it with something else). Five days later, I have not received any confirmation, so upon second inquiry, the representative just informs me that I will receive confirmation soon, and that it has probably been a system error. On top of it, part of my order was a gift that I do not get to take home as it arrives after my departure.

Therefore, in total, I am waiting for my order for 3 weeks now, plus 1- 1,5 for order to arrive, without any explanation, apology or compensation.

leel97
7/26/17
• Updated review

I wanted to write an updated review about my fabulous experience after my not so fabulous review regarding Fabletics. A day after my review was posted, their Customer Support reached out requesting details. I mapped out my experience, and within days received emails with FULL reimbursement! I even got a phone call over the weekend to apologize and confirmed my reimbursement of charges for 2016 and 2017. They even found charges going back to 2015 that I wasn't aware of and are reimbursing me fully for those. They could have ignored those since I didn't even go back that far in my bank records. They went the extra extra mile to rectify the situation. I couldn't be happier and impressed! My deepest thank you to the Fabletics Customer Support!

“Cancelled about a year ago but keeps charging me”
7/24/17
• Previous review

I was just going through a bank statement via a bank that I'm now using more of. I had cancelled this subscription back in 2016, and even checked Profile "my account" under Billing & Shipping in January 2017 via the Fabletics website to be sure there wasn't a credit card referenced to be sure they could not charge me. However, this past Friday, I saw a $49.95 charge! Sure enough, I pulled up my bank history and my cc# was being charged since January 2016! That's a total of 749.25. I'm heart broken and furious. I never ordered a thing and cancelled via a phone conversation back in 2016. I live paycheck to paycheck, and feel taken advantage of.

sabb9
7/26/17

The overall value of their workout clothes for the price is NOT good.
You're better off waiting for sales at Lululemon instead of having to sign up for a bogus membership with misleading marketing campaigns.

The customer service is awful and they purposefully make it difficult for you to cancel their membership as you can not do it via the Fabletics website or freeze your account if you're going to be away for some time.
On top of that, I fount it was hard to get a refund to my card as they will attempt to give you a store credit for their overpriced product that needs to be used in increments of $50 where they sale item prices are often not what is advertised when you actually go to checkout.
This establishment is a total SCAM and I will no longer support them or these types of business practices.
I've honestly lost all respect for greedy Kate Hudson as well for co founding this company.

Please do yourself a favor and stay away from their initial promotions!
The quality of their workout clothes has been declining and the prices have continually gone up in the past few years.

As an example of their poor service, I recently asked Fabletics to put my account on hold for August 2017 because I will be in the hospital and the customer representative had the nerve to tell me I HAVE to use my membership credit first before I can do that. The membership credit was supposed to have been credited back to my card for July of 2017 back on the 10th to begin with.
It never was! UNREAL!

I will never shop with them again and make sure my friends know what they are dealing with before they sign up.

irenea25
7/23/17

I made my order 10 Days ago. I just got billed today and my order has not left their warehouse. I wish I had read these reviews prior to my purchase of 19 ITEMS. It wasn't cheap. I am not satisfied with the service at all because of their really intense delay. I mentioned this to customer service and they told me to check my local post office to see if it was there on hold. I checked my shipping number online and the order has not even left their establishments. I called to cancel my order and they told me I couldn't because It had shipped already. Also, they kept saying they could not hear me and that I was cutting off everytime I mentioned that I wanted to cancel. HONESTLY, I just want my money back as I had a bad experience and I have not even looked at the clothes.

Tip for consumers: Don't

sylviez
7/21/17

I just recently purchased my first pair of Fabletics and i love them. They are thick great quality and the colours are very vibrant. The sizing was perfect, i weigh 170lb and a large was a great fit. I just ran in them this morning and they are very comfortable. They never slid down which is a big problem i have with tights. Highly recommend trying these, and you can't go wrong with this price.

leah530
7/21/17

I order from their site on July 10, here we are July 25th and still no delivery. The tracking number is telling it will be del8ver on the 27th!!!! WTF!!? 17 days after ordering. I've called them 3 times concerning my package. The first time i tried to cancel but wasn't possible. The costumer service said he would apply 20% off to my account but he hasn't yet. There is no reason why it should take over two weeks for a package to be delivered. I order some other things from women's best based in Europe on the same day, it took 4 days for that stuff to be delivered!! 4 days for a different country and going on 17days for right here in the US!!! Beyond frustrated and annoyed...

Fingers crossed it will even being delivered on the 27th.

heidim33
7/19/17

I ordered for the first time for the two for $25 deal, and was automatically signed up for their membership without giving consent. I tried to get a refund and communicating back and forth with our bank and the company and no one would give me a refund. I NEVER SAID YES. The one girl I got told me they just automatically sign people up. It's a COMPLETE SCAM and will NEVER order from Fabletics again.

It took months for me to finally get a guy to give me my refund. Hopefully he actually does.

reginal303
7/15/17

Everything was great until I cancelled my VIP membership last year and kept being charged about every other month. This happened while I was deployed, so this was very upsetting to return home to find these charges. They refunded me everything and then it happened again!

ggb
7/15/17

Honestly, it would be better to just go and buy from a high end sports brand like Lorna Jane or go for cheap stuff from Target! I originally signed up to buys some cheap tights that turned out to be average at best in quality. After signing up to the VIP price, I was not aware that my account would be charged every month!

After three international phone calls and a lot of stress, I've tried to purchase more products that I do not need or want just to use the credits that I have accrued in monthly fees. I still need to call AGAIN to cancel the damn account.

Would NEVER SHOP WITH THEM AGAIN. Next time in going to Lorna Jane and buying exactly what I want!

mm307
7/12/17

If you're going to join make sure you understand the rules. The people complaining are obviously slow. Fabletics makes it very clear that you're signing up for a 'subscription' service. I skip most months and I'm not sure why people are finding it difficult to do so. Sorry, but you have to be pretty slow not to find the ONE button/link that allows you to skip.....I have never been charged without my authorization.

I make my orders during times that fabletics has sales (maybe twice a year?) although these are getting more sparse. The quality is pretty great on the leggings but questionable on tanks and jackets.

claires73
7/9/17

I signed up for the VIP membership a while ago and ive taken advantage of the credits I get every month. Recently I've been trying to save money for college and canceled my account. After i canceled I relized that I still had two credits that were unused, I've been trying for about two hours now trying to figure this out, the website will not let me use my credits. I've tried contacting someone on the fabletics chat thing and ive been waiting for what seems to be forever. ughhh I'm very upset and frustrated with this issue

ginnyc12
7/8/17

Being a poor, college student I decided to take Fabletics up on their offer of 2 for $24 leggings and free shipping. Seemed like a steal to me. A month later and I get an email from my bank telling me I am in a negative balance, which made no sense to me because I had checked the account earlier in the morning. When I saw the $49.95 charged to my account I immediately thought the website stole my credit card information. I went back to the original order email and saw in TINY PRINT that if I do not log on for a month they will charge me $49.95. I gave them my credit card information to BUY TWO LEGGINGS. not to keep it and continually charge me every month. Now, not only do I have to wait a week for them to process my refund- I also have to pay and overdraft fee. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY!!

Helpful answer

I did read the fine print, as stated, which you find out when you are about to place your order. Those few who LOVE Fab would have you believe, that we are dolts and can't figure out this "club" has you by the short hairs once you order 1 outfit ... the hook is set. So if you wanna hassle with the $49.95 charge that you may or not remember to decline each month, see the charges on your card, only to find you have "store credit" instead of the charges removed ... then by all means, place your order. As far as the 16% "like" rate at the top, THAT in itself should let you know, steer clear. It took me MANY attempts just to stop their emails from coming to me ... finally!

By Bobbi M. on 8/11/15
Helpful answer

The best thing to do is to use your credit and buy something in the amount you were charged and then call to cancel your membership. You can try to get them to reverse the charges but chances are you won't get it back. Don't cancel until you use the money you already paid though!

By Antonella B. on 12/14/15
Helpful answer

My original purchase was through pay pal so fortunately I was able to stop the payment through them once I realize that the payment was being taken out. The worse part is .. They sent me an email saying that my refund was sent. Of course it never was. Shame on you Kate Hudson.

By Sue C. on 11/27/15
Helpful answer

If you gave them your credit card details I wouldn't trust them one bit not to bill you. I cancelled my credit card to stop further payments coming out as I couldn't get hold of them. Very inconvenient and the quality of the clothing is crap, so I wouldn't recommend buying anything either.

By Julie S. on 8/2/15
Helpful answer

All the good reviews on this site most likely come from employees, you could ask them.

By Neil T. on 4/7/15
Helpful answer

Wow! All I can think of is to contact your credit card company (if you have your statement to reference that charge info) and get it removed/credited back. I can't imagine how you got through to talk to a real person ... I have found I cannot even unsubscribe from their emails! as when you click (unsubscribe) it takes you right back to their home page!! No matter where you go, Contact, Service or as stated, unsubscribe, it all goes back to the same place. SO annoying!! I have found the credit card companies to be very understanding about places such as this and credit back your account, they just need as much info as you can give them regarding the charge in the first place. Good luck!

By Bobbi M. on 6/30/15
Helpful answer

I bombarded them on twitter and Facebook. They got back to me quick!

By leah z. on 9/3/15
Helpful answer

Unfortunately this company is corrupt. You'll have to call relentlessly until they answer. I cancelled over the phone successfully. Leave a post with your negative experience getting a hold of someone to cancel.

By Christine C. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

No you don't. I also got a refund which I asked for.

By Lorraine B. on 1/13/16
Helpful answer

I think you should be okay! Canceling it is easy but I really doubt they'll send you a bill! I used it for a while and had no problems until this one but they were so beyond rude :( unless they have your billing information they can't just charge you!

By Sydnee B. on 11/13/15
Questions? Get answers from the Fabletics staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Fabletics