Review of Fabletics

Headquarters
El Segundo, CA, United States

shaunam11
10/20/17

I am a student and recently bought myself two sets of workout gear for my course at college. Little did I know that two weeks later nearly £50 was taken out of my bank leaving me with NOTHING. No money for food... I was told on live chat that the problem would be resolved, my membership cancelled and my money returned. They said after 4 days the money would have cleared and would be in my bank. I never received this money. I'm still £44 short.Such a shame as the products are ok.

Tip for consumers: If you use, checkout as guest.

rebeccah122
10/16/17

Will definitely NOT be ordering from here again. Great product, however found that the company had taken £44 out of my account after I'd payed for my product. After complaining, I was told by a friend that when you sign up, in VERY SMALL PRINT it says its a £44 membership monthly. This is ridiculous and by the amount of people making the same mistake should be changed and made more obvious.

kristinp24
10/15/17

I never agreed to a membership in which I would be paying $50 a month! They have taken a considerable amount from my account or something i never signed up for! On top of that. they make it so difficult to cancel the membership! I still haven't been able to cancel it. Stay clear!

pamelam118
10/14/17

Received my new pair of Winn Mid-Rise Crop leggings yesterday. Today, I cut the sales tag off and cut the product tag off the leggings at the cut line. Went to turn the leggings inside out to wash and noticed a hole in the fabric in the crotch. Called to request a replacement and was denied because I cut the sales tag off - I hadn't even mentioned the product tag I cut out yet. Now I'm stuck with a brand new pair of leggings with a hole in the crotch due to manufacturer defect - never washed or worn. I can't justify spending any more money with this company.

veronicak11
10/14/17

I have had an AMAZING experience with Fabletics over the past 3 days! I bought the Mila High leggings and got into a car accident the day I received them on Tuesday, and totally destroyed my brand new pants. I messaged the company yesterday hoping for a discount so I could repurchase the pair and they helped me out so much and sent me a new pair of leggings today, I've never been so happy in my life!! I absolutely love this company, and I'll definitely be buying all my clothes from here from now on. Thank you Fabletics!!

kristinab45
10/14/17

I am sorry to hear of everyone else's disappointments like mine. Feeling extremely ripped off and scammed. I do believe Fabletics will have to hire more troubleshooting agents. We are all getting the same reply message. When I called my credit card to say that I thought I was mistakenly being charged they, to my surprise, knew exactly which company before I even mentioned the name. That serves as a severe red flag when the bank says,'Is it the Fabletics?" I will definitely be telling everyone I know and have my two teenage daughters do the same. They were the ones I was buying these items for. To top it all off the fabletics yoga pants got a hole the first week.

Tip for consumers: Don't do IT

dr1448
10/13/17

Husband was mislead about VIP membership reoccurring charge at $49. The points then expire 12 months later if you don't use them, this is fraudulent.

ritad30
10/12/17

I spent what I thought was over $300.00 on the site and after waiting over a month, called to track my order, I was told there was no order!! Be careful when placing your order!! And, don't wait to follow up!!
I'm so disgusted with my experience!! Kate! I was a big fan, not any more!!

kristienr
10/10/17

If you live in your workout clothes like I do then this is a great deal. Cute clothes & great quality. YES if you want to get a discounted price then you have to sign up for the subscription, but if you even buy one workout outfit every other month its so worth it to get the deals! Ive bought in store and online. Never had an issue with returns. LOVE that I dont even need my receipt (which I always lose) because they keep a record of my purchases in my account. Bottom line, if you want just a one time deal on a workout outfit this isnt for you. But for us Gym rats its a great deal! :)

michellek135
10/10/17

The concept of fabletics is vwry confusing and frustrating, I have "member credits" that I will have to loose (about $100) because when I went to order something just to use the credits down and cancel the subscription. It took the payment out of my card vs the "member credited". Do not waist your money or time on this website.

roberta489
10/9/17

My wife has tried numerous times to cancel Fabletics automatic debit to our credit card. She claims she never agreed to this. But fabletics (or fabscampros) has charged her more than $700 over the course of several months. They Refuse to refund the money. She is 70 years old and has had a craniotomy for a brain aneurysm and two mild strokes in the last four months. Fabletics won't even return her money when she is in dire need of the money to pay for medicine and doctor bills.

Calling customer service is like calling a long distance operator. They don't exist and refuse to transfer a call to a superior or offer an alternative path for resolution. Their resolution is to keep charging the credit card for non-existent services or a product Fabletics claims to have delivered.

Next Step is the Attorney General of this state.

calip
10/9/17

I saw the ad on Facebook for the great deal of 2 leggings for $24. I couldn't pass up, and was actually happy with the products I received. However, never once in the process of ordering was I informed of a membership fee. My account was absolutely drained at the beginning of this month and I am pretty upset and confused by this. I am currently on the phone, on hold for over 20 minutes, the only way to cancel my account.
Do not purchase from this company.

jamiez9
10/9/17

This is the review I just wrote on Fabletics' Facebook page and their company website! Steer clear of this company! They cheat you out of your money!

This is more about my experience with your company that the products. You sell people on this VIP membership and make it sound like they can skip any month that they don't want to purchase something but it's not that easy. In fact more than once I have been unable to locate the "skip month" button (because it's not where it's supposed to be), I've attempted to contact your company and gotten no response, therefore I've been charged for that month. Once again, this month, I tried to skip and could not locate the button. When I got a hold of your company they informed me that you changed your "skip month due date" from the 10th of the month to the 5th and because it's the 6th the button is no longer available. Honestly, your company commits what I believe to be fraud in an effort to take people's money each month, forcing them to buy your overpriced items because you purposefully hide the "skip month" button. This theory is backed up by the fact that the most commonly googled phrase that involves your company is "how to find the "skip month" button on fabletics' website?" This appears on both google's top results and your own company's Facebook page! It seems a little odd that so many people can never locate your "skip month" button, yet you explain that it is always simply right below "Welcome Back" in the "My Outfits" tab. Eventually someone will sue you for false advertisement. You should be ashamed of yourselves for taking advantage of people like you do.

kaseyh3
10/9/17

I got the 2 for $24 deal from fabletics. Let me start by saying I do love the leggings and the 2 pairs for $24 a great deal to expose customers to their products. The leggings i received were great quality for a low price which I love. What I did not like at all is that you need to talk with a representative on live chat or call fabletics to cancel your VIP Membership..... Why can't i just click a button to cancel when I decide I do not want to pay $50 a month anymore. I thought it was very time consuming that I needed to speak with someone just to cancel my membership rather than there being a section of the website to do it.

jessicac211
10/9/17

I really wanted to love this company. Like REALLY wanted to love this company. I've seen quite a few of these 1-2 star ratings due to the monthly membership fee, but when you submit your first order you accept this charge - no scams, no sneaking around, it's right there in front of you - and are able to skip each month. I'm not writing because of that, I'm writing because of the extremely poor (and downright rude) customer support line and the lack of product quality control.

I was a paying member of Fabletics for about 6 months and decided to cancel my membership as my collection of athletic wear was getting out of control. I loved the outfits a bought had no issues with shipping and was happy with the cost, but - and that's a big *BUT* - here I am about 5 months later and two pairs of these leggings (lisette high waist) are unraveling at the seams and have holes. I'm pretty gentle with my clothing (gentle cycle, cold water, laundry bag) and never put anything in the dryer, so it is beyond me as to why this is happening - I've only worn maybe a handful of times. I'm so very disappointed as I absolutely loved these leggings... and now that brings me to my second issue...

I decided to call customer support to locate a site, email address, or anything at all to give some feedback on clothing quality and stitching issues to the company rather than writing a bad review on their website or coming here to report. The rep I spoke with was the least helpful, rude, and borderline insulting customer service representative I've spoken with. When I explained the situation and requested contact info for someone I could write an email to, the representative insisted that any issues I was having with quality had to do with care/handling on my end and that she would not provide me with a contact or resource to give feedback to. After I *politely* tried to re-explain the situation she interrupted me and reiterated that there was no one I could contact. I would have left it there and given up, but she then said that I could go to a website where I could reach someone. She quickly rattled off this website laughing under her breath, which I then asked her if she could repeat as I was having trouble understanding her. Her tone grew more and more annoyed and she started raising her voice - at this point, I had had enough and hung up.

I deal with customer service representatives on a daily basis in my job and try to be as understanding and polite as possible - the response I received from this particular rep was uncalled for and extremely reflective of the quality of customer support Fabletics is providing.

Before this happened I was about to restart my VIP membership, but due to my customer service experience, I'm running the opposite direction.

I get it, every now and again something happens and quality might slip up on a particular product... that's not why I'm wiring this. I simply wanted to bring the issue to the attention of the company for feedback, and then had the misfortune of speaking with some of the worst customer support I've ever dealt with. *sigh*

lizg46
10/8/17

Such a scam. They lure you in with the 2 for $25 leggings. Did that and they signed me up for a monthly subscription without me knowing. Checked my bank account and I was missing $50. Luckily I noticed before they charged me more. Called them and yes, they paid me back the $50. About a year later (today) I thought I would try it again with the knowledge of the membership this time. Tried paying with my VISA which was the exact same card I paid with last time and they said it was a prepaid card, which is not true, it's a MidFirst Debit card. So I call customer service and they say it is still coming up as a prepaid card, I say "It's not a prepaid card, it is a debit card and you are denying the money I'm willing to pay?" the lady sounded like a robot and said the same thing over and over again. They refused to take my debit card from a legitimate bank account. They must have had some problems lately. My advice is to NOT trust this website.

jessicac210
10/7/17

So I signed up for the VIP membership, submitted my first order, but then received my package with only half of the items! They charged me for ALL 4 items but never sent one of them. I figured it was just a shipping error, it happens sometimes, so I tried contacting Fabletics, cannot get anyone on the phone and no one will email me back regarding this issue. Very disappointed. I was planning on shopping every month with my membership but not if they aren't going to send me what I pay for!

olutobia
10/7/17

Took up the 2 for £24 leggings offer which seemed great - except I had no option for the free delivery which was advertised as part of the deal. So I went for the expidited shipping option (2 days - £6) which also seemed fair. The XL size on the site was 18-20 but the items I received were also labelled XL 12-14 which is way different. I didnt even open the items as the label was clearly marked - I contacted customer service to refund me the shipping fee since it was their fault and they sent the wrong items but they refused and said there is nothing they can do - but kindly gave me an email address to complain! Ridiculous as now I have to wait up to two weeks for them to receive the return and issue a replacement larger size so basically paid for 2 days shipping which will now take 2 weeks.
I will be taking them up on the offer to complain but thought I would chime in here to make others aware of such issues.

jenniferw247
10/7/17

This company is such a scam and very frustrating to deal with. I got lured in with the discounted initial purchase and before I knew it I was a "member" (and I use that term very loosely). Once I was trapped, I tried using my "member credits" but even on the first day of the month when "Kate's new picks" came out, my size would inevitably be "unavailable" even though I'm a size small which I assume is what 85% of their potential customers would be. I couldn't even use the money they took from me. After a year, they took my "member credits" (which is the $49.95/month that they automatically charge unless you "opt out" which used to be 1-2 days and now is 5 days) because they "expired" and finally issued me a gift card after complaining. I finally placed an order to use my gift cards, however the site never asked what form of payment I wanted to use and automatically charged my credit card. There is no way to cancel the order after it's placed (even if the item hasn't shipped yet!). I called the number on the gift card but it was Sunday after hours and no one was available, so I e-mailed them right away but never received a response. I followed up on Tuesday and was told I had to call Fabletics directly. When I called they told me that the item was shipped that day and they couldn't adjust it in the billing system to use my gift cards. When I asked to speak the a Supervisor I was told she was busy and would call me back in 15-30 minutes (shocker I never got a call back). I called again on Wednesday and after telling my story all over again was told the same thing and then spoke with a supervisor who told me I would need to physically return the item and wait for the credit to be issued and then reorder it. Whoever is running this company is doing a terrible job. Does it make any sense to incur the shipping expense 3 times for something that could easily be resolved with an adjustment in the billing system?

lexieh4
10/7/17

I wanted to try these, bad. I ordered the introductory 2/24, and then heard from a friend that they will bill you even if you try to skip. I was in a panic. Next day I cancelled, but lo and behold, they had not even shipped them out and instead cancelled the order. They dont want to honor THEIR OWN offer?? VERY bad faith. I will not stop in spreading this truth about this company. A better way to do business is to let anyone who tries them let the product speak for itself. A company is only as good as its customer care!!

michellec256
10/6/17

FABLETICS IS A SCAM!! I cancelled my account because their products were low quality. Now one year later they charged my account out of no where!! I even called my bank and the had a fake order they had sent them. I thought what in the world? That's a new low!

alyssaa12
10/6/17

Bought leggings online due to an awesome deal that they had but had no idea that they would charge me $50/mo there on out. I did not authorize that transaction! Scam. They do it because people don't notice. So I called to cancel my membership and to get a refund. They said they would refund it, cool. Weeks later....nothing. the transaction of -50 was still in my account. Had to call again and tell them to refund it . Let's see of they do it......they better.

olivial29
10/5/17

Let me start by saying that I usually have problems with a lot of leggings. They sag on me and a lot of cotton based ones really irritate my sensitive skin. I do not have these problems with my fabletics leggings and I am SO comfortable in them all day long. They're incredibly high quality!

The reviews on this website are simply unfair. It was never difficult for me to understand and read that I was signing up for a subscription and that I would be charged if I didn't skip. This is not Fabletics fault, this is the consumers fault for not paying attention! It's so simple to pay attention to what you're signing up for.

One downfall on the fabletics side is that once you pay $24 for two pairs of leggings, their regular VIP prices seem outrageous (and they truly are). It's hard to pay so much for something that you've already gotten so cheap.

kaylar36
10/5/17

I saw the ad for 2 pairs of leggings for $25 so I ordered them. The company also decided to start taking $49.95 every month for a VIP membership that I never signed up for. I didn't catch it till after 2 months had passed and $100 was missing from my account. At first when I seen the charges I thought it was credit card fraud and called my bank and canceled my card. Then my bank told me that after contacting fablectics they said it wasn't fraud they had taking them money for a membership fee and he would have to take up my issue with them. So I called and spoke to a customer representative named Carol who explained that I was being charged for the VIP membership fee. I told her I had never signed up for that and was not okay with them taking the money from my account she understood and canceled my membership. She also promised that I would be refunded for all of the money that was taken for membership fees within 10 days. It's been over a month and I have never received my refund. This is not okay.

lydiak19
10/4/17

First, they sign you up for monthly purchases. Second, they offer items on the site that they are actually out of stock on. Third, when you call their customer service, you get THE MOST ANNOYING automated service ever. AND, when I finally talked to a person, she didn't know if they'd restock because they get new items or whatever. No thank you never again. I'm going to unsubscribe now.

Helpful answer

I did read the fine print, as stated, which you find out when you are about to place your order. Those few who LOVE Fab would have you believe, that we are dolts and can't figure out this "club" has you by the short hairs once you order 1 outfit ... the hook is set. So if you wanna hassle with the $49.95 charge that you may or not remember to decline each month, see the charges on your card, only to find you have "store credit" instead of the charges removed ... then by all means, place your order. As far as the 16% "like" rate at the top, THAT in itself should let you know, steer clear. It took me MANY attempts just to stop their emails from coming to me ... finally!

By Bobbi M. on 8/11/15
Helpful answer

The best thing to do is to use your credit and buy something in the amount you were charged and then call to cancel your membership. You can try to get them to reverse the charges but chances are you won't get it back. Don't cancel until you use the money you already paid though!

By Antonella B. on 12/14/15
Helpful answer

My original purchase was through pay pal so fortunately I was able to stop the payment through them once I realize that the payment was being taken out. The worse part is .. They sent me an email saying that my refund was sent. Of course it never was. Shame on you Kate Hudson.

By Sue C. on 11/27/15
Helpful answer

If you gave them your credit card details I wouldn't trust them one bit not to bill you. I cancelled my credit card to stop further payments coming out as I couldn't get hold of them. Very inconvenient and the quality of the clothing is crap, so I wouldn't recommend buying anything either.

By Julie S. on 8/2/15
Helpful answer

All the good reviews on this site most likely come from employees, you could ask them.

By Neil T. on 4/7/15
Helpful answer

Wow! All I can think of is to contact your credit card company (if you have your statement to reference that charge info) and get it removed/credited back. I can't imagine how you got through to talk to a real person ... I have found I cannot even unsubscribe from their emails! as when you click (unsubscribe) it takes you right back to their home page!! No matter where you go, Contact, Service or as stated, unsubscribe, it all goes back to the same place. SO annoying!! I have found the credit card companies to be very understanding about places such as this and credit back your account, they just need as much info as you can give them regarding the charge in the first place. Good luck!

By Bobbi M. on 6/30/15
Helpful answer

I bombarded them on twitter and Facebook. They got back to me quick!

By leah z. on 9/3/15
Helpful answer

Unfortunately this company is corrupt. You'll have to call relentlessly until they answer. I cancelled over the phone successfully. Leave a post with your negative experience getting a hold of someone to cancel.

By Christine C. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

No you don't. I also got a refund which I asked for.

By Lorraine B. on 1/13/16
Helpful answer

I think you should be okay! Canceling it is easy but I really doubt they'll send you a bill! I used it for a while and had no problems until this one but they were so beyond rude :( unless they have your billing information they can't just charge you!

By Sydnee B. on 11/13/15
Questions? Get answers from the Fabletics staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Fabletics