Review of Fabletics

El Segundo, CA, United States

kianam3
12/10/17

Wow,

DO NOT give your business to "Fab"letics. They border on the unlawful with their hidden charges and their pathetic five day skip window. If you forget they charge your card and give you no way to get your money back. Disgusting business model, terrible customer service, and super LOW quality products. Basically all-around terrible. I have been waiting MONTHS to have my issue resolved. Infuriating... and I am not alone. Scam-letics

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Kiana,

We are very sorry to hear that you dislike our VIP membership. We are continuously striving to satisfy our member’s needs as much as possible so we will be contacting you within 24-48 hours for further assistance.

katu2
12/9/17

I am writing this review so people know this really is not a scam. Yes if you accept VIP pricing you become a VIP member which is a recurring monthly membership charge to your credit card, however you are allowed to skip as many months as you like (must login prior to the 5th to do this). If you login to skip you do NOT get charged, if you forget to skip you get a credit on your account to use later. This is VERY CLEARLY explained so I don't understand why people are so upset. I skip the majority of months and have never had a problem. They even email you a reminder. The clothes I have purchased are super cute and great quality! I have had to do two exchanges, both were my fault for ordering smaller sizes. They were very accommodating both times making it easy and convenient to return/exchange items. I am shocked to see so many negative reviews. I own four pairs of leggings and multiple tops from fabletics and love them all.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Kat,

Thank you very much for spreading the good news about Fabletics! We really work hard to provide the best service and products that we can. This is such a great inspiration for us!

alexisc60
12/5/17

Ive never been so disappointed. I was online shopping on cyber Monday. I saw that they were advertising 75% off ANYTHING, this sale was posted everywhere. Come to find out it was 75% off one item only, had to call to find that one out. The lady I spoke with was very short. But its whatever, I continued with my purchase and took advantage of the 2 /$24 leggings. I then made any other purchase with 50% off that I had. In total, purchasing 5 items. Great deal still, I thought. A few days later, I received an email saying my order was going to be late(fair enough, its cyber Monday and Im in no rush.) The very next day, I receive an email saying they had to cancel 2 of my purchases without saying why. I called them again, they said they ran out of this item. I explained to them that I am on the website now, and they still claim to have them. She tried to help by giving me similar items for the same price, waited on the phone for about 15-20 minutes only to find out every option she had given me were also sold out. At this point, Im kind of irritated. Ive given them the benefit of the doubt knowing its holiday season. But at the same time, at least when Im on the phone with you, you should know your inventory. I receive a 60% off coupon for the inconvenience; I appreciated that. This morning I was looking around online seeing what items I could use this coupon for. I then see you receive a free bag with an $89 purchase. I pick the bag and go to my shopping cart. I then see they are trying to secretly? charge me roughly $30 for this bag when its still claiming to be free. My total jumped $30 when I added the bag. Thats when I decided Im no longer shopping through fabletics anymore.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Alexis,

Thank you for writing a review! We are very sorry to hear that the items you like are sold out. We will be contacting you within 24-48 hours to help you further.

nicolec167
12/5/17

On top of my clothes not fitting at all. I ordered two pairs of pants: leggings and shorts, both in medium, which has always been my size no matter what. I have never not been a medium in anything. The pants were way to small and tight, however, they fall off. They're the kind when you run that don't stay where they should be, ladies you know what I mean. The shorts were HUGE and I returned them to get a small, still way to big and fall off when I run.

After reading all the reviews, I canceled the card I used for my membership, even after canceling my membership, because I don't trust them to not charge my card. I am joining the service soon and will not have access to anything to skip the month. When I finally got a hold of someone to cancel my account (on hold for 30 minutes), I still do not trust they did it. Canceled my card immediately as I do not want to come home from basic with 3 months of unwanted charges. No company should make it where YOU YOURSELF AND I as a customer cannot be in control of the funds YOU spend. HORRIBLE SERVICES HORRIBLE CLOTHES.

Tip for consumers: DONT

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Nicole,

We’re sorry to hear about what sounds like a frustrating experience. Our member services team will get in touch with you right away. Thanks!

toshah2
12/5/17

If you go through their Live Chat to cancel your account DO NOT put the word 'cancel' in your reason for contacting the company. I believe they transfer these requests to a department with less staff on chat, and it takes way longer.

I wanted to cancel my subscription today and initially wrote that my reason for contacting support was to 'cancel my subscription'. I waited around for over an HOUR and it never connected me to an agent, it remained busy. I closed the chat window and started over by just saying 'account inquiry'. I got an agent in exactly 4 minutes.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Tosha,

We sincerely apologize if you are not happy with your shopping experience. Please Allow us to contact you within 24-48 hours to make things right.

sidneyh33
12/3/17

They charged my credit card that was not linked to my account without my authorisation or knowledge. They charged me right when my credit card statement cut, causing me to drop a few points without any warning. Never purchasing anything from Fabletics ever again.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Sidney,

jasminer45
11/30/17

I have been trying to call CS of fable tics and cancel on their scam subscription but no real person to answer the call, machine always puts me on hold. I am so frustrated do I need to give a police complaint. It is so sad that so many people have same complaint about fable tics but there is no one to put an end to this scam yet they find new customers to $#*! around.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Jasmine,

We are saddened to know that you are thinking of going away. Allow us to contact you within 24-48 hours to make things right.

kimberlyk49
11/29/17

Do not EVER buy from Fabletics!! It is a SUBSCRIPTION TRAP and they are the worst and sneakiest company ever! They automatically credit your account $49.95 per month IF you don't buy something monthly then if you don't use it (which I was never told I had credit) they turn it into a gift card making you think you have free money! Apparently they owe me $449.55 which, after an intense phone call --they are finally sending me a check in the mail from the $ they took without me knowing!!

Sorry Kate Hudson -- your company SUCKS!

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Kimberly,

rogers234
11/28/17

Emailed me today to tell me my "Membership Credit" has been converted to an "Electronic Gift Card."

WHich as far as I can tell is meaningless. What even is the difference?

They scammed the first amount of money from me, refused to refund it, and now appear to want to try and lure me back in to scam more money from me.

I guess they think I forgot that they stole money from me before.

Stay away from this company.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Roger,

We’re sorry to hear about your situation. Our member services team will get in touch with you right away. Thanks!

divyas20
11/26/17

You can easily find much better quality and design for much less price without the scam. Yes they have the weirdest terms that will not make sense or justify your money along with monthly membership money that they convert to member credit and then to gift cards and then make their own rules on these cards and credits whenever they feel like. Is the hell wrong with them?

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Divya,

starb12
11/22/17

Of the 6 pairs of pants I bought, 3 (THREE!!) have ripped!! Ive only ever once, in the previous 20 years, had a pair of leggings rip on me. They all came apart at the seems in the crotch area. They also fade after the first wash!!! And this is with cold water and hang drying. So all those pretty patterns will have white fuzzy material sticking out everywhere and will make them look faded.

For the scam... once I discovered that the first few pairs I got were terrible quality, I decided to cancel. I had nearly $250 (five credits) in credit that I had to spend. So I filled up my basket for slightly under my credit amount, and it wouldnt let me use the last credit!!! I had to spend OVER $250 to use my own effing money!!! I cant believe Kate Hudson has her name on this.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Star,

We deeply value your relationship with Fabletics and we are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our members deserve the very best. Our member services team will get in touch with you within 24-48 hours to further assist you.

meganv18
11/14/17

Its a great idea
fails terriby in quality and versatlity.

And if you miss cancelling by the 5th.
You will receive a 49.95 charge.
49.95 will get you close but usually $ten dollars short of what you want.

Its a membership. They assume people (like me) forget.
Save yourself the money and go to athleta.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Megan,

We are very sorry to hear that you dislike our VIP-intro offer. We are continuously striving to satisfy our member’s needs as much as possible so we will be contacting you within 24-48 hours for further assistance.

bobr134
11/14/17

Avoid this site just took money from my bank without authorisation and from PayPal tooAvoid this site just took money from my bank without authorisation and from PayPal tooAvoid this site just took money from my bank without authorisation and from PayPal too

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Bob,

roxanae1
11/11/17

Luis help me with my membership. I was really upset, because the website doesn't make clear how much money you will get charge monthly if you not visit the website. I like the materials of the clothing.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Roxana,

We are happy to know that you are satisfied with the services we provided. Have a fabulous day!

katiec96
11/11/17

When the first of the month rolls around, I pay home mortgage, electricity, and check the Fabletics site to skip or order. I've been a member for years and I've never had a problem. They even send a reminder to your email saying that your monthly picks are ready to view! They have sexy, comfy, and cute!

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Katie,

Great feedback! We always make sure to make beautiful and quality items at a very affordable price just for you!

patriciam235
11/10/17

Fabletics is a subscription trap. At first I thought the intro offer was such a great deal. Got two outfits for $25/each. Then I needed to return one of the leggings ($12.5) and they charged me $7 dollars to restock. Not worth it so I decided to keep it.
Now, good luck remembering to skip the month in the short 5-day window. That is how they make their money: you forget to skip and cha ching! $50 goes out the window. That is exactly what happened to me and I thought: no worries, their stuff is cute, I will find good use for my $50.
Then I went shopping and quickly found out that I was not allowed to use my credit on sale items! Fabletics, WTF? You have my $50 dollars and now you want to tell me how to spend it? So be aware folks: you are not free to spend you member credit as you wish. You will most likely end up using it for one overpriced outfit that you wouldnt buy otherwise.
I was beyond annoyed. I tried to cancel my membership over live chat and was advised that if I cancelled my membership before spending my credit I would lose the wonderful VIP pricing.
I was baffled at their attitude: they will not offer a membership refund, no matter how unhappy their customers are. Dont just take my word for it, read the 600+ 1-star reviews here.
Needless to say, Fabletics conduct is shameful. This is a company that preys on its customers and profits from their inattention. Not to mention that they are selling Target quality active wear at a Lululemon price. Skip this one folks, stick with classic retail.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Patricia,

brittw4
11/10/17

Feeling extremely ripped off and scammed. I only made one purchase almost a year ago and was somewhat happy with the quality of the garments. Sadly, I have been charged every month for there VIP membership that I never used! I tried to cancel my membership, but it was literally like puling teeth. In fact the number that was on the website months ago basically put you on hold then hung up. Very exhausted and frustrated with this company!!!!!

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Britt,

elisas7
11/10/17

Do not buy from Fabletics. They charge your card $49 every month automiatcally. You only have the first 5 days of the month to skip the month. Most of their membership items are non refundable. On so many levels they have the worst customer service. I also think their workout clothes are very uncomfortable. I forgot to go on website to have the month skipped, called customer service for a refund and they denied it.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Elisa,

bethanyb19
11/4/17

This is what I don't understand... 1. How do people not know they are signing up for a membership? It is very obvious on the website when signing up. It blatantly states that you have the option of skipping the month by the 5th of every month, making a purchase, or if you don't make a purchase or skip the month by the 5th your card will be charged $50 WHICH CAN BE USED TOWARDS THEIR CLOTHING at a later time. How is that a scam? How do people not know this? Why are customer's not taking any responsibility and doing their due diligence in reviewing the website when signing up? If you were inputting all of your personal information, don't you think you would read through everything? 2. How do people not know that a company is charging their bank account for months and months on end and then blames the company for it? It is the customer's responsibility to review their bank statements every month to ensure accuracy. The customer also has a responsibility when it comes to their own money! 3. Fabletics is fabulous! I order their clothing often, I have skipped the month successfully and never been charged without my knowing, I have returned items and been given a full refund with no issues. You get reward points just for reviewing their clothing until you get enough points for a free item.

For all the customer's that say this is a scam, it boils down to the customer not reading through the website and not reviewing their bank statements which is no fault of Fabletics.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Bethany,

You are one awesome member! Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to do business with you!

XoXo,
roberta489
11/2/17
• Updated review

After the review I wrote in SiteJabber, Fabletics finally contacted me and refunded (or credited back) the charges for nine months of unwanted "membership."
The person to whom I spoke was and sounded pseudo-friendly and did her job in getting the charges refunded.

I will still not allow my wife to purchase from fabletics nor would I recommend them to anyone. It is too easy to get stuck in a dilemma like this unwittingly when one considers there e-purchase screen.

Tip for consumers: BE Careful what options one selects

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Robert,

Sherry
“Scamming a 70-yr old woman for $50/month”
10/31/17
• Previous review

My wife has tried numerous times to cancel Fabletics automatic debit to our credit card. She claims she never agreed to this. But fabletics (or fabscampros) has charged her more than $700 over the course of several months. They Refuse to refund the money. She is 70 years old and has had a craniotomy for a brain aneurysm and two mild strokes in the last four months. Fabletics won't even return her money when she is in dire need of the money to pay for medicine and doctor bills.

Calling customer service is like calling a long distance operator. They don't exist and refuse to transfer a call to a superior or offer an alternative path for resolution. Their resolution is to keep charging the credit card for non-existent services or a product Fabletics claims to have delivered.

Next Step is the Attorney General of this state.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Robert,

We are very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your shopping experience. We will be contacting you within 24-48 hours to help you further.

jamiee30
10/26/17

I ordered 2 pairs of pants under their faulty "vip" system. I returned them both and assumed I had also cancelled their subscription service. Little did I know for the last 3 months they have been taking money from my credit card. They WOULD NOT refund the amount they stole but offered what they called a "curtesy" refund of only part of they amount they STOLE from me. Do not do business with this company. THIEVES.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Jamie,

margiey
10/22/17

The have been charging me $50.00 a month for a membership, and I have purchased several outfits and still was charged for Sept and Oct. Closed my account, It is very difficult to trust this company

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Margie,

jessicah199
10/21/17

Unfortunately I am not very attentive when it comes to my MasterCard as I never really use it, to my disappointment I checked it and realized I have been charged 64.47$ every month, I have realized this A YEAR later... which means fable tics has taken 773.64 Canadian dollars from me... I was told agreeing to the buy one get one half off is me aggreeing to the VIP membership. I am extremely disappointed and disgusted with this company. I was a fan Kate, now it appears you are just a scam artist. I must say the man I spoke to in customer service has clearly dealt with this before because he did give me a full refund onto my credit card. Yes they did the right thing and I am grateful of that, but it does not change the fact that this company is aware of how misleading they are with their memberships and have not changed their ways. Very disappointed.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Jessica,

kristinp24
10/15/17

I never agreed to a membership in which I would be paying $50 a month! They have taken a considerable amount from my account or something i never signed up for! On top of that. they make it so difficult to cancel the membership! I still haven't been able to cancel it. Stay clear!

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Kristin,

pamelam118
10/14/17

Received my new pair of Winn Mid-Rise Crop leggings yesterday. Today, I cut the sales tag off and cut the product tag off the leggings at the cut line. Went to turn the leggings inside out to wash and noticed a hole in the fabric in the crotch. Called to request a replacement and was denied because I cut the sales tag off - I hadn't even mentioned the product tag I cut out yet. Now I'm stuck with a brand new pair of leggings with a hole in the crotch due to manufacturer defect - never washed or worn. I can't justify spending any more money with this company.

Response from Sherry E., Fabletics Representative
Hello Pamela,

We are very sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the quality of the item. We will be contacting you within 24-48 hours to help you further.

Sincerely,
Sherry

I did read the fine print, as stated, which you find out when you are about to place your order. Those few who LOVE Fab would have you believe, that we are dolts and can't figure out this "club" has you by the short hairs once you order 1 outfit ... the hook is set. So if you wanna hassle with the $49.95 charge that you may or not remember to decline each month, see the charges on your card, only to find you have "store credit" instead of the charges removed ... then by all means, place your order. As far as the 16% "like" rate at the top, THAT in itself should let you know, steer clear. It took me MANY attempts just to stop their emails from coming to me ... finally!

By Bobbi M.

The best thing to do is to use your credit and buy something in the amount you were charged and then call to cancel your membership. You can try to get them to reverse the charges but chances are you won't get it back. Don't cancel until you use the money you already paid though!

By Antonella B.

My original purchase was through pay pal so fortunately I was able to stop the payment through them once I realize that the payment was being taken out. The worse part is .. They sent me an email saying that my refund was sent. Of course it never was. Shame on you Kate Hudson.

By Sue C.

If you gave them your credit card details I wouldn't trust them one bit not to bill you. I cancelled my credit card to stop further payments coming out as I couldn't get hold of them. Very inconvenient and the quality of the clothing is crap, so I wouldn't recommend buying anything either.

By Julie S.

All the good reviews on this site most likely come from employees, you could ask them.

By Neil T.

Wow! All I can think of is to contact your credit card company (if you have your statement to reference that charge info) and get it removed/credited back. I can't imagine how you got through to talk to a real person ... I have found I cannot even unsubscribe from their emails! as when you click (unsubscribe) it takes you right back to their home page!! No matter where you go, Contact, Service or as stated, unsubscribe, it all goes back to the same place. SO annoying!! I have found the credit card companies to be very understanding about places such as this and credit back your account, they just need as much info as you can give them regarding the charge in the first place. Good luck!

By Bobbi M.

I bombarded them on twitter and Facebook. They got back to me quick!

By leah z.

Unfortunately this company is corrupt. You'll have to call relentlessly until they answer. I cancelled over the phone successfully. Leave a post with your negative experience getting a hold of someone to cancel.

By Christine C.

No you don't. I also got a refund which I asked for.

By Lorraine B.
Questions? Get answers from the Fabletics staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Fabletics